AMAZON CREATESPACE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: amazon createspace

There may be more reports for "amazon createspace"

For more results perform a general search for "amazon createspace"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 24 2012
Amazon Createspace Amazon Amazon RipOff Under-Report Sales Internet
Unauthorized resellers (langtoninfo.uk.co and market media) were selling my books at 2-3 times higher price.  I knew they  were not authorized resellers, because I did not choose Extended Distribution Channel, and only one of my books was sold.  Createspace's executive office completely ignored this unauthorized distribution channel, and kept repeating I would get royalties.  I get $2.33 (while Amazon and Createspace get $7.72) for each book sale, and I was concerned about copyright/distribution rights.   I was shocked their responses and ignorance. Createspace's executive office then said any one can go out and sell my books without my permission (TOTAL IGNORANCE). Since I complained to Amazon/Createspace, they started retaliating me.  When I upload book, they just delayed publishing with numerous stupid reasons. Then there you go.  Tim Ferriss signed contract with Amazon to publish his 4-hour chef, and the book is coming out soon.  Createspace claimed my book of slow carb violated trademarks.  Tim Ferriss applied trademark with four-hour which was refused and his trademark is 4-hour.  Further Tim Ferriss is not the one who created slow carb diet nor he has trademark for slow carb.Even if so, when you write a review of Tim Ferriss' 4-hour body book, there is no trademark by using 4-hour body.  (another sign of ignorance).They removed my book without any opportunities.  So I complained with legal basis that trademark does not apply here, and if so why didn't they remove other books with same titles?  Why discriminate?Amazon/Createspace behave they do not need to respond.  Their attitude was Amazon is Number 1, do what we say so. If not, we remove your account for life.  That's what happened.  I listed NUMEROUS ILLEGAL BOOK that are selling currently at Amazon, and asked them to remove. If not, I would file complaint.  Their response was banning my account for life. Regulators have to regulate Amazon.  Amazon/Createspace's attitude tells this is not a company with future. BTW, Amazon is being sued by Apple for trademark infringement of using App store (Apple's trademark)!!
Feb 20 2011
Amazon / Createspace Amazon & createspace are selling books without giving the authors their royalties Internet
 I authored a book through Createspace, which is owned by Amazon on June 18, 2010 ( see link for book ) http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Touch-Plate-Consciousness-Spiritual/dp/1450581684/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282153425&sr=1-1 I have the ability to monitor my account online but can only get minimal information, such as the date a book sold, if it was amazon who sold my book or another distribution channel and how much royalty I will receive.  It does not show any information as to who bought my book or the transaction numbers that would connect a sale to my account. Keeping this information from me in the beginning made me feel left in the dark. Since the day my book started selling I have been promoting it at most of the metaphysical book stores in the valley, restaurants and through many online channels such as forums and an interview on an Internet radio program. I even have an agent with an associate who are promoting my book who receive 15% of what shows up on my account. I also teach classes at Alpha Book Center once a month and they advertise my class and my book in their Omega Directory every month which has a printing of 10,000 and is distributed around the state and on the Internet. (see link) http://www.aznewage.com/omega_flip19.htmI have personally sold over 400 books. In the beginning I watched my sales go up and then I watched them drop to less than the amount sold the first week. I continued to promote my book and had spoken to many who said they were going to buy my book, but the numbers on my account did not climb any higher each month. In the month of January I kept watching my account every day, on the 5th one book sold to a single person, then on the 12th two books sold through an expanded distribution channel. On the 13th I talked to a friend of mine who said she was going to buy the book at Borders books on Camelback Rd. in Scottsdale. She told me she was to busy that day to go to Borders and said she would buy it online instead, I said either way is fine.  For the next few days I kept checking my account to see if she had bought the book, but the numbers were not changing, it still said three sold. On the 26th I called my friend and she said she has the book and is reading it, I told her my account was not showing it was sold and that I was going to call my publisher and find out what is going on. I called Createspace and explained to them I did not get credited for a book that was bought by a friend, the person on the phone said, did she buy a used one or a new one?, because if it was used I would not get credit for it, I said I believe it was a new copy but I would find out for sure. That day I received a mail from my publisher stating they were investigating the issue and that I may wish to provide the order number to the order that I have concerns with.  I thought to myself, they should have every order number concerning by book whether it was used or new since they Amazon and Createspace are the same company. I called my friend and got the order number and gave it to Createspace over the phone. On February 3rd I received a mail from Create space that said the order was filled with a book that was returned, then a few sentences down it says a copy of my book was manufactured to fulfill an order, which was then canceled. when this occurs, you receive a royalty for the book that was manufactured and the book may be placed in Amazon.com's inventory to be used to fulfill a future order. Was this a returned book or a canceled one, and when did this happen, I never heard about it until I made a complaint. I was a private investigator for years, and this would be considered CYA. All this information should have been available the first day I called without me getting them the order number. I believe Createspace is printing books and Amazon is selling them while randomly giving credit to the author. My book sells for less than most books and there are a lot of authors who are in my position and have been trusting Creatspace and Amazon as our publisher and sales team. Amazon can make a lot of money by just printing up books and selling them without any one of us knowing about it. When every author finds out about this, they will be devastated and will have to find a new publisher. It would take an audit to find out how many books are truly printed and sold.
Jan 24 2012
Amazon Createspace, Amazon RipOff Under-Report Sales, Internet
here are MANY people claiming Amazon/Createspace are under-reporting sales, and hiding royalties to authors/publishers.  1. amazon provide book sales to third parties, and the sales numbers are Extremely Lower than actual sales (4-10 times). 2. MANY author/publisher complained Amazon/Createspace did not update sales, when author/publisher's friends/family purchased books (informed).   Amazon/Createspace do not think they have to respond to authors/publisher, and if they complain they are banned for life. Sometimes, Amazon/Createspace excused that previous buyer returned books, and they did not report new sales.  This is also underreporting sales:  Amazon/Createspace sells used/returned books via Marketplace, and authors/publishers do not get royalties from sales on Marketplace.  Therefore, Amazon/Createspace makes money either books are returned or not, while author/publisher do not get royalties. 3. I personally have evidence that when there have been sales ranking on Amazon websites, Amazon failed to report any sales.   When I complain, Amazon either report a sale, or neglect.  4. One of my books have ONE SINGLE sales per Createspace's record.  I did not select Extended Distribution Channel (EDC), but there were multiple third parties and Amazon's own Marketplace were selling this book at the same time.   Since I have copy rights,  only Createspace/Amazon can sell my book, and only one copy was sold, there should not MULTIPLE sellers on this book. Two of these sellers were selling the book 2-3 times higher than actual book price.  When I complained to Createspace and Amazon, Createspace's executives office responded I would get royalties when third parties sell.   My concern was why there were MULTIPLE sellers, whom I did not authorize, but Createspace and Amazon have refused to respond on the issue. Then Createspace's executive office ignorantly stated any one can sell my books without my permission?? This shows total ignorance of copyright/distribution laws. Since I complained to Amazon/Createspace's executives, they started retaliation. 5. Some people complained Amazon's legal department that some authors violate copy rights, but Amazon refused to remove higher ranking books (see below), while removing lower ranking books.   We have contacted AMAZON LEGAL DEPARMENT ABOUT THIS and they keep removing the book and these awful people just change the name, make up a new author and sell it again.  http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Delicious-Recipes-Special-ebook/product-reviews/B006EEMEKA/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar
Feb 09 2009
Createspace, Inc. IKTHALION PRESS WITHDRAWS FROM CREATESPACE San Jose California
Ikthalion Press, an independent publisher of science fantasy adventure and nonfiction books, has withdrawn ten titles from San Jose, California Amazon company Createspace, Inc., due to irreconcilable differences in fulfillment models and nonpayment of residuals due from the sale of IP books in 2008. CreateSpace states that its policy is not to pay until a minimum of $20 of royalties were accumulated. We were contacted by Createspace in January of 2009 and assured that the funds would be deposited at January 30, says author/owner T. M. Moore. When we sent a message saying the funds were not received on February 6, Createspace tried to delay payment further by suggesting that we entered our bank number wrong. We have withdrawn the titles to prevent further sales being made through Createspace in the future, with the expectation that no sales would be realized in 2009 based on the historical record of dismal sales established in 2008, and that continued nonpayment would result. To date a message was sent about discussing the issue by phone. Since they do not deal with anyone except by email, we can only assume that this is another delaying tactic. Ikthalion Press continues to do business with Amazon, Createspace's parent company, and with its primary printer Lightning Source, Inc.; of which Amazon is a partner distributor. Two of the titles are currently in preparation to upload to LSI in the next two months. We continue to offer all our books in a variety of formats including print,pdf,Kindle and Mobipocket. Our books can be purchased directly or through Amazon and other major booksellers throughout the United States and the UK. Antellus8 Sherman Oaks, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: San Jose, California
Mar 09 2011
createspace - amazon they taxed me for my book wout knowledge Internet
I wrote a book & published it under createspace, i didnt earn much but was proud of the amount i was earning, bc i was on limited income i was being careful so i thought until i was being taxed, $21.00 each book= 7.26 royalties so y was i being taxed for ssi
Dec 12 2008
CreateSpace - Amazon Failed to pay timely or report sales in a clear manner. Scotts Valley California
In August I set up and listed my titles with CreateSpace, a subsidiary of Amazon, for sale on the Amazon marketplace. After 15 proofs and hundreds of dollars later, I sold only 3 books through them in August and September. According to CS's payment policy, I was to be paid for sales within 30 days after the end of the month in which the sale was made. I waited until November before I contacted them, when they informed me that they would only pay out after $20 was accumulated. I have not sold another book since, not even a book I know sells well through Amazon or other sites. Further, all my attempts to get my money has met with deaf ears. I know that the books sold through Amazon, but since Amazon has never been responsive to anything anyone has asked it to do, I have no way to track the date they were sold, or for how much. I am already contemplating removing my books from CreateSpace and sticking with the only professional printer in the publishing business so far, LSI. As it was, I had already moved to CreateSpace from Lulu, which proved to be another money-wasting proposition. I am removing my Amazon links and any connection to that market, and if I sell anything through Amazon it will be through LSI. Further, I call for a boycott of any self-publishing house which offers promises it can't keep. From what I hear of Amazon, there is no profit to be had when a company keeps all the money and shuts out the seller or producer of the product. That is not only a bait and switch tactic, it is out and out fraud. It's time to consider what's good for the overall online economy and shut them down. Antellus8 Sherman Oaks, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Scotts Valley, California
Jan 19 2016
Lighthouse Christian Publishing ,Andy Overett, Lighthouse Publishing Breach of contract Buford Georgia
My book Ain't Nobody's Business is not on the publisher's website. He has not reponded to my questions. Andy Overett the president setup my book on createspace this is not on our contract. I learned from another author of his no royalties will be paid out if if his is sold via Createspace. Royalties and credits are only paid out through their website. Lastly, Shotty editing.
Entity: Buford, Georgia
Nov 01 2012
createspace.com Amazon.com Fraud Internet
Create Space.com is a subsidary of Amazon.com.  They present themselves as a publisher of books, music and other media.  You are led to believe that Amazon.com will publish your book.  In the process of converting your manuscript to a printed book, you are contacted by a Create Space agent who identifyies herself as your publishing consultant. You later learn that Create Space is a publish on demand company.  That means that you pay them to publish your book.  When your book is finally published, it is void of any publisher's name.  They claim they are a printng company only, not a publisher.  That is fraud in any language.  Without a publisher's name in the book, the book looks unprofessional and at first glance unworthy of purchase.  Anyone viewing a copy will have no clue as to where they would purchse their own copy.  I strongly recommend that if you are an author of a manuscript that you want published, do not go with Create Space.com.
Oct 28 2016
May 26 2008
Amazon Amazon Steals Money From Sellers Internet
Like thousands of sellers before me, Amazon.com is holding onto over $2000.00 of my money. It used to be at $3000.00, but I have been canceling orders, and giving back refunds like they were candy. PayPal will do the same thing, but at least with them you can pull your money out every day and keep your losses to a minimum. With Amazon, they hold onto all your money for 14 days. What seems to happen though, is they wait until day 12, 13, or 14 and then Shut Down the account. If you have multiple accounts, which is actually a good idea, they will shut those down as well. To get around that, you need to change your IP address, flush your cookies and cache, and also remove all Flash Cookies as well, which is something you need to do manually. Anyway, since their policy is to hold my money for 90 days, it's my policy to email them all 90 days until I get my money back. I keep my blog updated with all my letters to them. Sometimes they even respond. Come visit me at http://AmazonStoleMyMoney.blogspot.com The-game-store Nowhere, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Feb 06 2012
AMAZON www.amazon.com WARNING!!! DONT USE AMAZON Internet
Amazon took money from my account, even though I had not ordered anything.  When I complained, they put it back. But then they took out more money, around $15 , saying that was a charge for returning my money. They say that is their policy, and my money will not be returned.  To me, that is not good business, and I feel other customers, should be warned!
Jan 23 2012
Amazon Amazon happily profiting from con-men Internet
The book business is changing. You can now publish and sell your own book through Amazon. What a great idea, no distribution costs, and a greater profit on your book. But the potential of Amazon to develop desk top publishing is being destroyed by their greed.. You can publish and sell your own book through Amazon but you cannot control the con men who take it over. So my book: An Advanced Academic Reader, teaching academic reading comprehension, which markets at $34.95 has been taken over by con men under the name of any_book who are selling it at at $235.62. How could Amazon allow anything so ridiculous to happen. Well the answer is they simply don't care because they make more money. Nor am I the only person having this problem with this particular firm that appears to be run by Russians. But Amazon merely claim they have no control over what a third party does on their site. Well if that ain't the biggest BS one could hear. They set the rules and if they didn't allow this to happen then it wouldn't. And if they don't control what goes on their site then who does? The Lord above? Perhaps, you're just as likely to get a reply from him as you are from Amazon on this subject. So if there is anyone out there who wants to do something about this and knows how, I'm more than willing to join you. And if there is anyone out there who wants to start a serious desk top publishing industry -- one with integrity -- let me know and I'll leave Amazon in a flash.
Aug 27 2012
Amazon Amazon is running a scam called Subscribe & Save Internet
Amazon is running a scam called Subscribe & Save.   This is how Amazon advertizes it:  When you order through our Subscribe & Save program, you'll: automatically receive a new shipment of the item in the monthly intervals you select get a discount on our everyday price get free shipping on every Subscribe & Save shipment pay for each order only when the item is shipped have the option to cancel at any time. This is meant to apply to consumables that you may need on a periodic basis.  In reality, Amazon will charge you 10 times the price on the next shipment in the hopes that you will use the product before you realize how much you were charged.  The fine print in the Terms and Conditions includes the following:  The total cost charged to your credit card for each Subscribe & Save order will be the cost of the item on the day the order is processed.  Sounds innocuous right?  In reality, Amazon interprets this to mean that they have the right to charge you whatever they want after the first shipment even if it is 10 times more than the price.  The scam is that, since the product is consumable, Amazon hopes that you will consume it before you realize how much they charged you, since the charge goes on your credit card and you will not see your statement until the end of your cycle.   Heres how it works:  They charge you 10 times more for the item, you consume it, you find out how much they charged, you call, they say that you can return it if you like, but its too late because you already consumed it and they get to keep 10 times the price.   I ordered a box of chewing gum for $10 with Subscribe & Save with the expectation of receiving a box every month.  Next month, they sent me another box and charged me $100 instead of $10.  I was lucky enough to notice the charge before I opened the box.  I called and they said that there is no mistake, that they have the right to change the price of any item however they choose without notifying me because of the sentence in the Terms and Conditions saying that I will be charged the cost of the item on the day the order is processed.  Needless to say, I returned the item, got a refund, and swore off Subscribe & Save. I wonder how many people began consuming the product before they found out how much they were charged and then had to accept the charge because they could not return the item.  This sort of practice can be expected from a fly by night operation not from Amazon.  It is really unfortunate that Amazon would resort to this type of egregious scam.
Jan 05 2013
Amazon Amazon.com Amazon Sellers Beware!!! slough, Internet
I tried to become a new seller, and Amazon ripped me off! I sell regularly on ebay here in the UK, and I was doing well enough on that site to consider expanding to Amazon as well. I went over to the amazon website and I was in luck! They had on offer a free 3 month trial for 'pro' accounts! I needed a pro account because my product is hair accessories, and you can't sell those on the free accounts. It said Pro accounts usually cost 25 a month (40$ US) So I thought, great, I'll give it a shot while they have this offer, and if it pays off I'll keep it. If not, there's no cost for the trial, so I've got nothing to lose. Perfect timing! WRONG. Turns out, the GIANT ***3 month free trial!!!**** button I clicked on wasn't actually a 3 month free trial. It was a 1 month free trial, and if you posted your first listing within 2 weeks, then they expanded it to 3. Not only was this not mentioned when I signed up, but I was NOT ALLOWED to sell my product for 5 full weeks after signing up. Because my product was hair accessories, I had to email them to get permission to sell it, wait up to a week for them to respond, and then was told that I had that permission but now I needed another permission because my product didn't have bar codes. When all was said and done, I did not receive all necessary permissions to sell my product until 5 full weeks after I signed up. Of course, by now my 2 week limit for first post was far surpassed, so I did not qualify for the 3 month trial, and I was now into my 2nd month after registration. 2 weeks later, 28 (45$ US) was taken, without permission, from my account. Turns out the monthly fee is actually 28, not 25 as the website stated.  My product had been on the marketplace for only 5 days, and needless to say I got hardly any views and no sales in that time. I immediately cancelled the account, but I'm stuck with the unexpected month I had to pay for, after only 5 days of being allowed to sell. I emailed them regarding the matter, and of course, they refuse to do anything about it, they have my money, and they're happy as a clam to keep it. Their own system prevents new sellers from being allowed to take advantage of the 3 month trial. Everyone who needs a 'pro' account does so because it's the only account that gives permissions to sell certain items (the majority of items on amazon, in fact). If you need permission to sell, you also need a pro account. So everybody signing up for this trial is going to have to go through the permissions process, and that will prevent them from getting the trial. It will, however, force them to pay an unexpected month's fee. What a rip off. Enjoy your free money, you thieves!
Entity: slough, Internet
Jun 22 2013
Amazon Is the NSA mentoring Amazon? Internet
The Creepiness that is Amazon Smart Search Malware Virus How many of us are aware of how pathetic and subversive Amazon really is? My computer has been infected by Amazon Smart Search, deliberately, and the fix offered by Amazon requires 52 steps of software manipulation to uninstall.  The Company sent a canned response saying how sorry they were, this was never intended.Youtube is awash in videos offering to assist you in removing the virus, all cautioning you that it is difficult and may cause you more problems by trying to remove it.  A casual search of Amazon Smart Search Virus returns enough reading for weeks. If anyone spends that much money on having such deleterious software developed, a sorry, we didn't mean it can only be interpreted as an outright lie. The software is a spy/redirect malware, in corrupts your browser, gives you useless search results, allows other spyware software in to your system, slows down all functions, great fun.  The best part is that it is extremely difficult to remove, absurdly so, especially in the face of the statements issued by the company we didn't mean for that to happen. Amazon spent the money to have it developed, Amazon knew what it wanted and paid for it.  Anything else is a sham and a cover up.  When you are dealing with Amazon, keep in mind that when you click on a link in the email, you may very well be unintentionally downloading a virus that is as bad as it gets, sent to you deliberately and with bad intent.  Have learned my lesson, if I can successfully get free of Amazon Smart Search, do you think clicking on another link in an Amazon email is in my future?  Unlikely, think it over before you find yourself battling these creeps.
Jun 12 2013
AMAZON AMAZON PRIME RIPOFF Internet
Buyer Beware....Amazon Prime offers a free membership with 2-day shipping.  Somehow they've been able to charge my credit card $79 for 2 years.  When I figured out what they were doing, I tried to Cancel the 'membership.'  They told me I was unable to cancel it because I already used the services (2-day shipping, which NEVER worked out to 2 days).  The service person I was talking to laughed at me because I said I didn't know how this could have happened.  I informed them to take my credit card off of their records and I will NEVER USE their website again.  I'm appalled at their sneaky policies and insincere apologies.  Don't make the same mistake.  Stay away from Amazon Rip-offs.
Sep 28 2014
Amazon Amazon Ripps off Vendors and Customers Internet
Amazon are a Huge Rip Off, they charge sellers 12% and do not back up the people selling products there, we have proven to amazon on 3 different times that the customer recieved the goods and was using them yet amazon gave them the money back for parts that they said did not fit and took the money away from us the supplier and them tell us its bad luck for us that we dont get paid for the item and the item will not be returned! All Sellers be warned about amazon they are scammers at the best and they tell you when you ring up that they  have no contact capability between any departments there and when they screw up or not pay you for your goods they say that they do not have to support their vendors and its in their policy,
Jul 23 2015
Amazon Amazon prime Internet
 Amazon has gone bad, prime time.. There are reports that the 2 day shipping is always late. I definitely agree. However, they are now doing something far worse. I recently ordered a batch of 5 or 6 items, all prime items, I pay for the membership therefore I am entitled to a free 2 day shipping on all the items. The 2 day shipping and it's GUARANTEED DELIVERY DAY displays a 2 day time frame from the date of order placed and ETA, however, all those ETA change to a much later ETA AFTER you've confirmed and placed the order. Shame on you Amazon, shame on you..
Oct 19 2015
AMAZON AMAZON/SYNCHRONY BANK SEVERE SECURITY BREACH Internet
 set up an AMAZON account using my email address. Order one item and set up a store credit card to get the discounts being offered. THAT'S WHEN THE NIGHTMARE STARTED!! I started receiving boxes  and boxes of merchandise I did not order! Opened the boxes to see if maybe some one sent me a gift and saw it was just books and candy - galore.  A prank. Immediately tried to get into my AMAZON account online, but the password was no longer good. I chose the 'forgot password'  option which took me to a screen to enter an email address. I did that and was taken to another screen to CHANGE MY PASSWORD. If thats all it took to change the password for the account THAT IS A SEVERE SECURITY BREACH using emails.  SOMEONE NOW HAD CONTROL OF MY AMAZON account.  So I shut down all my credit cards associated with the AMAZON account and alerted the banks. Also called AMAZON, explained what had just happen and asked to have the account shup down. THEY SAID OK BUT NEVER DID. Some foreign person said you ordered all that stuff so you must pay   Next day I sent a letter to Synchrony bank with copies of UPS receipts where I sent the stuff back. AMAZON only gave me a  $11.41 credit and they and Synchrony will not take the erroneous stuff off my account. Sounds like Amazon and this Synchrony are just that CRONIES and trying  to SCAM ME.  I AM NOT  HAVING IT!!! I will NEVER USE AMAZON AGAIN!   EVERYONE BE VERY WARY.  IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!
Sep 21 2015
Amazon Amazon Fire HD won't start amazon.com
 I was given Amazon Fire HD tablet as a gift It won't turn on I called customer service They told me to push button for 30 seconds did not work They told me it was past one year warranty They could offer $16.00 discount to purchase a new one Why would I purchase their product again How do I access my data?
Dec 01 2016
Mastering Amazon, Amazon Academy Beware! California Internet
Beware these guys!  They promise big money helping you to become an Amazon retailer for $2K.  They told me they'd been in business for 6 years but their Facebook page is 2 months old with one post, but a whole bunch of likes and shares which were probably bought (not real).  The real deal killer is that you can't use a credit card.  They say they are setting that up (after 6 years?) but when I told them they could do it immediately through Paypal, didn't make a difference.  They will only take wire transfer.  I didn't go with it but it doesn't smell good to me.  Beware!
Oct 11 2016
Amazon Not given correct software codes Amazon Internet
  BUYER BEWAREAmazon will take your money on a software download purchase, then read cue card answers that their policy does not allow refunds no matter what the problem is. In my case I never received the correct serial number activation codes ... I was told when I called amazon support that they would come in 1 - 2 hours but it is now over 6 and no codes ... their whole download sales system is goofy and wrong when it comes to purchasing software from Amazon. When you call amazon support they just read from cue cards and tell you too bad, we are sorry but no refunds for any reason even if the software can not be used since it is stuck in a trial / expires version.First, it says nothing on their sales order notification of any other codes needed to activate and use the software and then the one they send you that is one of their own is totally bogus, does not fit the activation screen fields which want 2 codes and has no relevance to the software manufacturer. After trying to research this and get the code to go in and activate ( takes some time online ) you find that others had the same problem, that this has been going on for years with Amazon... most of the complainers never got their software useage or a refund, others had to repurchase direct from the software company so they paid twice and if most are like me the never complained.  This time especially since it was Amazon and that was the only reason I just purchased it from their site ( supposed customer service and healthy support) I am not going to just go away ... it's not about the $40+ dollars it's about a company doing this to consumers then hiding behind policy and acting like I am the criminal.When you call amazon support they read from cue cards and tell you too bad, we are sorry but no refunds - no matter what .  So now I have a goofy 30 day trial version that I can not use as is, that I do not want to waste any more of my time  with ( over 2+  hours now on support calls, help files, filing complaints - by the way Amazon would not let me publish even a very toned down version of this one on their site - they said it broke their policy so I could not warn people there ).  From the beginning to the end  Amazon offers NO support or solution to this problem - they cue card you and as far as they are concerned the problem is over for them.  But they have my $40. I've been in the computer industry over 35 years, seen some bad customer service but this takes the cake ... the last words from their help desk chat person was after repeated refusals to resolve the problem ( like offer some solutions or ways to get the correct code) or refund ( policy prohibits refunds ) he has the cue card insanity to say is there any thing else I can help you with today .
Dec 05 2008
Amazon Does Amazon think might makes right? Amazon Internet
In the middle of November during the prime holiday retail season - I received an appalling email saying I could not continue selling in the Toys & Games category! I am disgusted at this and am asked Amazon to reinstate my listing through the holiday season. Amazon knew when it signed me up for this seller's account that it intended to use this criteria and yet AMAZON DID NOT NOTIFY ME OF THE CRITERIA AT THE TIME I SIGNED UP! Amazon knew full well of its criteria BUT CHOSE TO BURY IT ELSEWHERE ON ITS SITE! Why? We suspect that Amazon was posting this information in an obscure spot to try to have it both ways: to avoid telling potential sellers about the criteria at signup (who might, as a result of the warning, choose to sell elsewhere) and at the same time use it as a disclaimer against anyone who complained about having their listing pulled! This is unprofessional and unethical on the part of Amazon! Do they think we have all day to read many, many pages of content scattered all over Amazon's site? Discussion boards are not the appropriate place to look for terms and conditions and Amazon cannot reasonably expect us to go there for its own terms. We already read extensively through Amazon's seller guidelines. Again, if Amazon wanted us to see this criteria, it would notified us up front in a clear manner at sign up. (By the way, a search for Seller Success Board, the 2008 Toys & Games holiday guidelines in Amazon.com Help on November 14, 2008 yielded the message: No results match your search for Seller Success Board, the 2008 Toys & Games holiday guidelines in Amazon.com Help. The Google searches (in brackets): [Amazon Seller Success Board 2008 Toys & Games holiday guidelines ], [Seller Success Board, the 2008 Toys & Games holiday guidelines Amazon], [Amazon Seller Success Board 2008 Toys & Games holiday guidelines], and [Amazon Seller Success Board, the 2008 Toys & Games holiday guidelines] also yielded no results whatsoever.) Back in August, before signing up for our account, we spoke with someone named Malia at Amazon (at the following phone number: 206-266-3206) who explained that Individual Sellers must sell 25 units before Sept 9th or their listings would get pulled, and the merchant sellers in the toy category can't join between September and January but if I joined before September I could list my product throughout the holiday season! She offered to sign me up immediately without any mention of the criteria in question and without even asking me what my projected sales were! Clearly, Amazon could have breached the subject at this time through its representative but chose not to. We strongly suspect Amazon obscured this criteria in order to sign up merchant account sellers who might not have agreed to such terms, so that Amazon could post the sales, take the revenue, and make its decision unilaterally at its convenience later without regard to the effect on its sellers. If Amazon doesn't want its sellers to find certain information too easily, it seems to hide it elsewhere on its site so it can use it as a disclaimer knowing the vast majority of sellers will not find it. It is particularly galling that Amazon would choose to trot out these criteria on November 14th immediately before the prime toy selling season! Many of us have invested time and energy not to mention our own hard earned money to promote our product. To pull our listing immediately before it can become profitable shows extremely bad faith and unfair dealing on the part of Amazon. In a phone call one of Amazon's reps using a very condescending tone throughout the conversation informed us that our item could not be put in any other product category and even if it could, it did not necessarily revive the listing. Last but not least, this product is being promoted as a charity fundraiser for Compassion International (http://www.compassion.com/default.htm, further information available on request), which makes Amazon's actions especially disappointing. To add insult to injury, Amazon attempted to bill me on 12/3/08 for a monthly merchant account fee! When I complained, Amazon emailed back saying the account was still open. My product page still said item unavailable. When I got them on the phone, Kayla, their representative, claimed the account was still open, I just couldn't sell in the Toy & Game category!!! What an underhanded way to deal with its sellers! First, prohibit a Toy & Game retailer from selling in the middle of the holiday season. Then, keep on billing them without informing them they can still sell in categories they didn't sign up for, or present the option of canceling the account right then & there with full knowledge of the terms. Just passive-agressively bill them & let your seller waste their valuable time & spin their wheels trying to find out what the problem was. Kayla reversed the charges & helped me close the account, but the whole experience leaves us with the impression that Amazon does not deal with its sellers openly, honestly, and ethically. Does Amazon think might makes right? Its sellers & customers don't! Chris Syosset, New YorkU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Amazon.com
Entity: Nationwide
Oct 12 2015
Amazon Amazon associates Amazon Associates ripoff scam Seattle Nationwide
Amazon Associates Program is a scam, After 2 years of reaseach with Amazons so called Affiliate program things fill apart. How did it fall apart, Seems Amazon just is terminating accounts at will. After you start making commissions from links Amazon suspends your account taking away any earned commissions. I made over 10 calls to Amazon talking with the Associatye Director, the lady said they can't or will not investigate Associates account that get shut down, all My websites complyed with Amazons Policies. Amazon is in fact stealing commission sales for anyone who makes or uses Amazon associates ads, these ads are made to monetize, Blogs or websites in exchange for commission sales. Amazon will not defend you and it is very hard to contact them about it. Amazon seems unwilling to want to fix the issues. after making Amazon $23,000 in sales my commissions was shut down with out any cause, The Rep on the phone said to resign up for a new account, which I did do, after a year of running ads and my avg commissions per 60 day payouts was $3600 or $1800 per month basically. Is Amazon going to pay me for this months commission sales, Amazon strips Paying you if your accounts is suspended, they say I violated policy in my email, wnich is far from the truth,  After you get this email your account gets closed and you no longer can reviews it. But I backed up all my sales reports till today. Amazon will not work with its Associates to resolve issues,  Why is Amazon Associates a scam, let me tell you why, Amazon don't encryt the Url links on there end and anyone can send fake traffic to your links, I showed amazon the spike of traffic I had going to those links, which I even showed them the ip address of where the traffic was from, know one has any controll over it. Amazon Associate program has no protection, Anyone using Amazon Associate program I highy advise you to stop. Its easy to send fake traffic to Amazon Associate links using sudo pings from any computer, Amazon shut me down because of a hacker sending fake traffic to my ad links. amazon affilate link looks like this .amazon.com/Ultra-Light-Small-100-Piece-Unique-Durable/dp/B00LPQUWPG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1444604356&sr=1-4&keywords=medical+kit&linkCode=sl1&tag=sk40-20&linkId=4ef78f62afe1f22d33cfb524133d3cd4 in the url tag you have your id in my case sk40-20. 20 verifies country code for the Amazon Associates. I made Amazon 23000 Dollars this week which would of been $1380 at 6%. Once your link have been compromised for any reason instead of Amazon helping you solve the issue they shut you down, so I am out of my Money and can no longer Have an Amazon Associate account.  My Note to Amazon Fix it, How many people have to suffer because you refuse to encrpt the associate links. No one is safe making Money with Amazon Associates, you can get scammed out of you money, hackers can steal your traffic making them money and not the account holder, Amazon associates is a big scam,  The people responsible for stealing my links was coming from Amazons inc itself. Do not trust Amazon.com    heres the email  my email from Amazon.  We are writing to notify you that we are terminating the Amazon Associates Program Operating Agreement with you with immediate effect.  Your Associates Program account will be closed and you will not receive further payment of advertising fees.We have taken this step because we have previously closed an account that we have determined belongs to you or a person affiliated with you or acting in concert with you for violations of the Associates Program Operating Agreement, the Product Advertising API License Agreement, or one of the other Associates Programs operated by our affiliates.You can find the complete terms of the Operating Agreement and its Schedules via this link:  https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/agreement.We insist that you immediately remove all Amazon content, including Special Links, from your site(s).  Any other accounts you have or may open in the future may be closed and you will not receive any advertising fees.  We reserve all other rights and claims we may have.Warmest Regards,
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 09 2017
Lighthouse Publishing/Andy Overett CreateSpace Self-Publisher in Disguise Took Me for 400 Bucks Georgia and/or Minnesota
I was desperate to publish my book.  As my book had a lot of Christian themes, I thought to pitch it to some Christian publishers/agents.  One of those was Lighthouse Christian Publishing, found online.  I sent them an email with my pitch and a manuscript in doc form. After twenty years of mostly rejections for my work, I was cheered to see that Lighthouse wanted to publish my work!  Some things bothered me about the contract, but I wanted to believe in the deal, and tried to have faith--so after saving money for six months, I finally paid Lighthouse/Andy Overett $399 via paypal to get the publishing started. Soon I found out that Andy was unwilling to let me in on process of being paid/how many books were selling, etc.  So I looked further into his publishing process to find he was just a self-publisher with Amazon.com's CreateSpace.com.  With them, anyone can self-publish and sell books FOR FREE. When I learned this, and told Andy via email that I wanted to get out of contract to pursue free self-publishing with CreateSpace on my own, he refused to part with any of the $399 I had sent to him.  I told him via email (no phone number for him given--another red flag) that he could keep $200 for the work he had done on the book, and for illuminating me in some ways--about a great free self-publishing/selling service called CreateSpace.com. He refused to give me ANY money back, taking the full $399 I saved over a six month period.  He never posted the book on his website, so only half the contract was followed--in which he promised to sell the book on Amazon.com.

Showing 1-25 | Showing Page 1 of 97