AT&T Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: at&t

There may be more reports for "at&t"

For more results perform a general search for "at&t"

Showing 51-75 of 190,282 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "at&t"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jul 14 2009
AT&T AT&T Takeover at ALL Costs Aurora Illinois
AT&T contacted our residence and told us they merged/bought out another telephone company and told us we Had to switch to AT&T because the other telephone company will no longer be in business. BEWARE to ALL..... AT&T did not buy out SAGE Telecommunication, in fact, AT&T lied and their service was going to cost me MORE... 10.00 more per month. They are Liars, deceptive, and don't let them do this to you... Kat Burtchville, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Aurora, Illinois
Dec 21 2007
AT&T - The New AT&T Billing Ripoff Deceptive Advertising Scam Internet
I have been an AT&T Customer since 1997 and then involuntarily with Cingular since their acquisition of AT&T and have canceled my service with this company in 2006. AT&T - then Cingular was in constant breach of our contract, stemming from COUNTLESS outages to defective equipment to countless and persistent billing errors. I have contacted Cingular / AT&T,s CEO Stan Sigman numerous times regarding this unacceptable quality of service, yet the problems especially with the erroneous bills continued to pour in. They have been warned on numerous occasions that if they continue with their nonsense I,d switch companies, and this is precisely what I did. They advertise the Biggest Network which is a blatant lie! They advertise fewer dropped calls - another lie, raising the bar - oh boy.... try saying lowering the bar literally! Now, I've had problems with them when they were AT&T, same problems when they became Cingular, and you guessed it.... now even though I'm no longer with them, I'm having problems with the so called New AT&T! The new AT&T has sent me to collections and are demanding $1100!!! I NEVER amassed a bill in that amount, so I contacted them requesting clarification with specificity. A few days later I received a FedEx package containing this joke of a bill the size of a small phone book!!! It turns out that The New AT&T is charging me for unreturned defective phones which in fact I did return! They sent me the replacement for their defective phones and I returned the old ones; it's as simple as that. (ELEVEN Treo's over the years!!!). Furthermore, they continued billing me for many months AFTER I canceled my contract. So, they are fraudulently billing me for phones that they havr received back plus for service I didn't have! It would appear that AT&T believes that I, a long standing good customer who always paid his bills on time simply switched to another company for the fun of it and I therefore honestly believe they need psychiatric help. Needless to say, I am now with T-Mobile and have NEVER had any problems with them whatsoever. I find it quite amusing that the only dropped calls I now have are to AT&T customers and NEVER anyone else!!! Max Beverly Hills, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Mar 09 2008
AT&T Wirless - AT&T Mobility Unfair contracts; coercive contracts; expensive phones; high rates Nationwide
My Sony Erickson phone broke four months before the last AT&T Wireless contract I was forced into expired. I was forced to pay $199.00 for a piece of junk Samsung phone (which of course they tell me all their other customers say is just superb) with poor sound quality because the franchise outlet was out of phones. I was also forced to sign another two-year contract. If I hadn't, they would have charged me $400 for the hunk of junk phone. I was told there would be a penalty of $175.00 if I tried to cancel my contract and go someplace else. I never go over my minutes; in fact, I'm way under every single month. I just went to look at my bill, and not only did they apply an extra $20 charge for the honor of renewing my contract for another two years, but they raised my rates $25.00 for no reason whatsoever. And there isn't a damn thing I can do about it! Where is Congress in this? Jake&Renate milwaukee, WisconsinU.S.A.
54, Report #320969
Mar 25 2008
AT&T AKA-SOUTHWESTERN BELL TELEPONE SERVICE AT&T TELEPHONE SERVICE BILLS CONSUMERS AFTER FINAL BILL HAS BEEN PAID AT&T-Kansas Kansas
This is our 4th go round with AT&T aka Southwestern Bell Telephone service regarding their practice of billing consumers after receiving payment of final bill. We have had 4 seperate phone numbers and EACH final bill was PAID, and we were billed yet again by them from 8-12 months after the phone was turned off. We NEVER recieved notification from them, Just BAM!!! Hit with a letter from the collection agency! We are now disputing charges that were turned over to their collection agency, for the amout of $66.00. From the date of canceling service, paying their final bill (BY PHONE) and today, a period of 8 months has went by. We canceled our sevice with them in July of 07. They refused to cancel the service initially and said we must wait till the end of the billing cycle. Aug. rolls around, and we are billed for another month but they turned our phone and DSL off. After several calls to them, they credited the account back the charges. I paid the final bill of $32.00. They said at the time, that the bill was now at a $0.00 balance and we would not get another. It is now 8 months later and their collection agency sends me a bill for $66.00. I spent 1 1/2hour on the phone with them. Talked to 6 different people, some said I owed it, others said I didn't. They reviewed their notes, saw the credits were NOT issued for the DSL, transfered me to their DSL billing dept, and was then told, that I was credited the 66.00 and they couldnt figure out why.... I was being billed it.... Transfered to billing, transfered to collections, transfered to DSL, Transfer, transfer, transfer, and NEVER did get anywhere with them.... In the end, I guess we will end up paying anyway just to avoid collection. I GUESS THEY NEED THE MONEY MORE THAN WE DO!!! We will NEVER EVER get AT&T phone service again! Cheryl Tonganoxie, KansasU.S.A.
Entity: AT&T-Kansas, Kansas
Aug 15 2010
AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless Cingular Wireless Warranty Unhonored, Refund, Replacement, Handset Atlanta, Georgia
I purchased a blackberry curve 8320 back in December of 2008. I had so many issues with the device in terms of keyboard/buttons not responding that AT&T replaced the device with the Blackberry bold 9000, I have continued to have issues with the device and have continued to exchange it via warranty without issue. (please note that even though the initial warranty only lasts 1 year, every time a phone is exchanged via the warranty department there is a 90 day warranty that comes with the replacement. Recently I have been having a plethora of dropped calls/failed to initiate calls and contacted the warranty department to get an exchange. I was told that even though the replacement handset is still under warranty, due to the amount of exchanges with this phone, I am not eligible for a warranty replacement.I explained to the customer service rep that they do not have the right to deny warranty coverage due to 'excessive' replacements. I keep all of my phones in pristine condition and the warranty is not voided on any of them. I was then bounced to blackberry (RIM) to handle the replacement. RIM informed me that AT&T was required to honor the replacement request, and they conferenced AT&T in and informed the Cust. service rep that they were to do so. After hanging up, the CSR told me that they request would not be honored because the warranty department is requiring me to use my 'upgrade' to purchase a new phone. believe that it is not correct that a company can simply choose to not honor their warranty. I requested that if the company was not going to honor the warranty that they refund the original price of the original phone. I was of course, denied.
Oct 19 2010
AT&T ATT Internet, ATT DSL, ATT Wireless, AT&T Internet, AT&T Business solutions, AT&T Business DSL POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!, Internet
AT&T Business is the most retarded business solution in the world. NEVER I REPEAT NEVER GET AT&T DSL!! They suck so bad...here is what happens...I scheduled an appointment for a technician to come out and set-up my office internet...I call 6 times for an all day appointment and they say yes he will be there <-LIES!!!! I waited from 7am to 9pm (doesn't show up)! I call this morning and this stupid b*tch tells me it's today the 19th <-no you stupid b*tch it's supposed to be yesterday...stupid b*tch the technician will be out there for an all day appointment ...I call back at 12...Customer svc no one will be there...there was a mistake on the order <-seriously...LEARN HOW TO DO YOUR F*CKING JOB!! Post this Everywhere!! Post this everywhere!! This is how stupid people work in society! On top of thisAT&T's we are going to charge for the billing of the technician <-yes the technician that didn't show up...seriously? WTF? MORONS!! I'm calling my lawyer ...note: This technician Fee wasn't even disclosed when singing up for the service! ...AT&T is the most retarded company in the world!!! IF  YOU EVER GET THE CHANCE TO NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND STUPIDITY THEN YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD!!!
Entity: , Internet
Jul 08 2010
AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless FRAUDULENT EARLY TERMINATION FEES Internet
AT&T Wireless is charging a fraudulent early termination fee and has contradicting reasons for the fee. I was a customer for five + years and decided to go with another provider due to cheaper rates and more features. Paid through end of billing cycle, contract on one phone ended prior month and other phone was to end on 16th. of the present month, since I paid for both phones through to the end of the billing cycle there should not be an early termination fee. They are billing me early termination fees in the amount of $175.00 per phone and refuse to change it unless I return as a customer. Their customer service is very unprofessional, when you ask to speak to a manager they respond with they are just going to tell you the same thing, so chances are that you are being handed off to another flunky that has no customer service experience that does not care if you return as a customer or not. Regardless of the outcome of this rediculous charge, I am not giving them a penny of my hard earned money for this fee or will I ever have anything to do with AT&T ever again. I hope someone with some authority at AT&T reads this and makes some changes in their customer service department (like fire every one of them and starts from scratch). I am going to fight to the end with this one. Their service reps are banking on that I don't have a copy of my contract and don't know the terms. I do have my contract and every billing statement. If there were a early termination fee, that would apply to one phone for a period of ten days and then they would owe me a pro-rated amount for paying through the end of the billing cycle. It seems like the bigger the company gets the bigger the rip-offs get. Don't do business with AT&T period, they are a large Corporation that thinks they have a big enough customer base that they don't have to service the customer any longer. If I am going to pay high fees, I want top rated services, because I get more features for less cost with Sprint. I will not pay the high rates for the crappy service AT&T provides. AT&T will be feeling the effects of their customer service real soon.
Entity: , Internet
Dec 01 2011
AT&T AT&T Mobility, American Telephone and Telegraph, GoPhone, AT&T GoPhone, AT&T Wireless taking my money from me, will not issue a refund. Atlanta, Georgia
I am porting my number from AT&T and I am very happy to leave them and I am never going to use them for ANY of their services. I actually thought the GoPhone service would be an affordable and high quality service. I didn't think it would be perfect, but I certainly did not expect expensive rate plans, low quality phones, and several other things. Their phones that they have to offer keep malfunctioning and then breaking entirely. I have paid my bill on time and my Sim Card is still intact.I called them today to get a refund of my credit balance. They won't refund it. And they say that I should use the balance before I port the number. What a ridiculous solution! I don't have a working AT&T GoPhone, and I am NOT going to purchase one again just so it can make the work for the people at AT&T easier. I AM entitled to a refund and AT&T does not need to get away with people taking people's money.I am also sick of their web forums, their automated systems, and their customer service being a last priority. Whenever you reach customer service, they are divided into apartments and they say you can not contact the supervisors. Their rate plans are also the worst and so are their phones. I am glad to leave their company. I am still entitled to the refund of the credit balance. They must change their unethical policies and the consumers need to be warned.
Apr 25 2009
AT & T - AT&T DSL bill $2,295.51 for DSL never activated and told there would be no charge Atlanta Georgia
I have been unsuccessfully dealing with ATT since early March. I ordered DSL, a land line and two wireless phones from the business department for my business. A couple of days after I ordered the DSL, I spoke with an ATT representative and told her that I had changed my mind and decided to cancel my DSL order. I never activated the DSL. I asked her if I would be charged. She said no. I asked her if she needed the software returned. She said no. I subsequently spoke with 2 other representatives who told me the same thing; no charge, and not necessary to return software. Shortly after, I received a bill for $2,295.51 for charges relating to the DSL which I never activated and was told would not be charged for. I have spent nearly 12 hours trying to solve this problem in the last month and a half. The last call I made resulted in the representative telling me that the issue was solved. In the meantime, I have paid my wireless bill. Today, ATT turned off my wireless bill and now are threatening to turn off our business land line which would disable our credit card machine. I am at my wits end to try to solve this. Each time I call I get transferred to another department and have to wait a long time before anyone responds and then I get this crazy runaround with different amounts being either added or cancelled. I am presently hiring a consumer attorney to help me solve this maddening issue. I must say that I've never encountered such terrible customer service in my life! Lauren Gainesville, FloridaU.S.A.
Aug 20 2014
AT&T Connectech AT&T Fraudulent AT&T Connectech AT&T services, billing, invoicing and lack of any customer service Carol Stream Nationwide
Do not buy AT&T internet services because they have fraudulent business practices. They claim to be AT&T but when there is a total billing error related to non-service of AT&T Connectech, AT&T does not claim responsiblity. On May 10, I inquired on the internet about AT&T Uverse TV, but instead AT&T set up Connectech to come to my house, after I communicated that I did not want to have any technicial come to my house since Uverse is not available in my area. On May 10, 2014, I received equipment for AT&T internet modem, which prompted me to call AT&T to explain that I did not want internet. After two hours on the phone, I got through to a supposed representative of AT&T. I was told to send the equipment back to AT&TOn May 10, I received an email fregarding order number CLIAH320A689 indicating that my order was delayed but still being processed, but I did not want an order. So I called AT&T and spent two hours on the phone to resolve. On May 14, 2014 I received an email from AT&T ConnecTech® Services  connectech.att.com noting that the following order O28080031 has been processed for your requested service. Your scheduled appointment date for any applicable on-site service is 21-May-2014. The supposed service that I had not ordered was Home Network Installation (HNI) I immediately called Connectech at 1-866-294-3464 fand spent another hour on the phone. However, there was no resolution to the issue of incorrect order and scheduling of services that I did not want. So I called again on May15, 2014. On May 20, 2014, I received an email from AT&T ConnecTech® Services. The subject of the message was Closing E-Mail Cancellation. The following order number O28080031 has been closed for your scheduled service on 21-May-2014   The Connectech tech came to my house anyway and my little 12 year old son tried to tell him that the service was cancelled and he should not do anything. The tech made a note on his clipboard and drove away. The tech was rude and scared my son. I called Connectech again on May 21 and I repeated that the order that At&t sent to Connectech was cancelled with AT&T and was cancelled with AT&T Connectech by me. AT&T billed me anyway for all supposed services that were never delivered. I called AT&T and spent about couple hours on the phone. Some rep told me that I would be credited the full amount but that did not happen. I called again after I received a bill. I got a small credit. Then I called AT&T again and was able to explain it all over again so I got another credit. AT&T will not take accountability for any business relationship with AT&T connectech. I was referred to call Connectech again today, I called 1-866-294-3464 and spoke with a guy named Ty ID #TA5935. He wasted my time and punted my call to some other guy named Humberto but when I asked him for his name again he said his name was Oliver. I asked him for his ID #OM013H. He said that an escalation person would call me and if they did not call me I could call the number 1-800-344-1734. I have a bill from AT&T with the ridiculous statement that I have ignored previous attempts to collect payment on my delinquent telephone account. First of all, I have not ignored it. Second of all, it was never for telephone service and Third, AT&T has no idea to what extreme lengths I will pursue full credit for services that were never rendered. In my lifetime this will be my constant goal to shame AT&T to everyone I meet and all over the internet. By the way, I will never use AT&T in my lifetime. I am now going to continue my campaign against AT&T. Do not use AT&T! Amanda T
Nov 09 2015
AT&T (AT&T U-verse; AT&T Directv) AT&T bureaucratic nightmare, is deceitful and cheats customers Dallas Texas
During our initial installation process of U-verse internet on 25 August 2015, we mentioned to the the technician that we originally requested U-verse TV but were informed during sign-up at the Snellville, GA store that this was unavailable leaving us with only 1 choice; Directv. The AT&T technician stated that this was not the case and that we had more than enough bandwidth to deliver both U-verse internet as well as U-verse TV. As such, we should have been given the choice of U-verse TV and not just Direct TV as our only option at sign-up. Now being informed of this we immediately tried to make the switch from Direct TV to U-verse TV as we originally asked for however we were informed that we would be forced to pay a Direct TV termination charge of $460.00 in order to make the switch to U-verse TV. We contacted the Retention Department and spoke to a representative and were offered compensation for the cancellation fee in the form of a $150.00 credit to our U-verse account, a $150.00 VISA reward card in addition to a $100.00 Closer Coupon Debit Card, whatever that means. We also specifically asked the Retention Department if any additional fees would be billed to recapture the credits; both the representative and her manager said no. In light of this promissed compensation we went ahead and canceled our Direct TV service and had U-verse TV installed that very same day. Although we received the $150.00 credit, we have never received the remaining compensation as agreed upon by AT&T U-verse. We have attempted on several occasions to contact the Retention Department on 19 October 2015 but were put on hold for over 90 minutes only to be disconnected. We spoke on another occasion with their customer support representative, after being on hold for 88 minutes, and explained the matter. We were told someone would get back with us in 2 days; to date we are still waiting for that call. To add further damage, we were charged 3 one time equipment fees totaling $147.00 plus installation fees of $33.00 per month for 3 months totaling $99.00; we were never informed of these charges. As a result of all this we have expended $556.00 in net fees just to have AT&T provide us U-verse TV as we originally requested. Additionally, AT&T hit us with a rate hike from $60.00 to $75.00 per month without any prior notification. We are extremely dissatisfied customers with AT&T due to the initiated blunder made by their store employee(s) in Snellville, GA in addition to the undisclosed installation charges and now regret our decision to ever give AT&T U-verse a try. In our opinion AT&T really dropped the ball to acquire our trust and satisfaction as we went from bad Comcast service to horrible AT&T service. We deeply regret ever leaving Comcast; at least they did not burden us with the number of outrageous charges made by AT&T.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Jan 30 2002
Anyone but AT&T Ripoff for Wireless Service Nothing but errors
Here's a copy of the letter I sent to AT&T. It pretty much says it all. 01/24/02 Dear Sir or Madam Yesterday, January 23, my AT&T wireless service #619-894-1311 was mistakenly interrupted for the second time. I run a small business and my cell phone is my primary business line, so apart from the inconvenience this has caused me, it has also mean financial loss incurred from missed business calls. It has reached the point where it is no longer reasonable for me to continue with such an unreliable provider. When I first opened my account in September of 2001, I paid a $400.00 deposit. My first bill showed that AT&T had taken my monthly charges of $41.41 out of my deposit, that I now had a credit balance of $358.59, and that I owed nothing on my account. There was nothing to indicate and no way for me to know that this was not the standard billing procedure. Soon there after I also received a bill saying I owed $400.00. There was no explanation accompanying the bill. I promptly called AT&T and spoke to a service representative who told me that the bill was a mistake and to ignore it. I also received a letter dated September, 28, 2001 which informed me that due to my lack of credit history, a $400.00 deposit was required for me begin service with AT&T. It also stated if you activated service and have already paid your deposit there is no need to contact our credit department for further clarification. I assumed, since I had activated my service and I had already paid my deposit, that the letter was a formality, and, as it suggested in the letter itself, I did not contact AT&T's credit department. I continued receiving two bills from AT&T, one showing that my charges were being subtracted from by deposit, the other saying that I owed $400. Again, I called AT&T, explained the situation to a representative. He assured me that the $400.00 bill was a mistake and told me he would mark it with don't send to insure that I wouldn't be receiving it again. Shortly after that, my service was interrupted for the first time. I called AT&T again. At first the representative I spoke with rudely accused me of being delinquent on paying my charges. Then, after speaking with her supervisor, Hiedi, she acknowledged that a billing error had occurred and offered me 100 extra minutes through March, 2002 by way of compensation. She informed me at that time that the error involved AT&T's taking my charges out of my deposit. She also assured me that my service would now resume as normal. I received one bill after that date which showed that I owed $47.18. Included in that bill were $3.20 in charges incurred by the mistaken interruption on my service, and a service representative agreed to remove these extra charges from my bill, acknowledging that they were a result of a mistake made by AT&T. Therefor my balance due was $47.98, an amount for which I sent a check on January 7th 2002. On January 23 my service was again interrupted. When I called AT&T, they informed me that the balance of the bills that had previously been taken out of my $400 dollar deposit was exactly $400.00 and that I needed to pay that amount immediately in order to resume service. The supervisor I spoke with, Laurie, told me that I had knowingly let AT&T take my charges out of my deposit. However, I do not feel I should be held responsible for knowing AT&T's billing policy. This is my first wireless account and I assumed I was being billed accurately as per AT&T's usual policy. I resent AT&T's wrongful accusation, and I deplore a policy that holds a customer responsible for understanding the internal procedures of a company. Up until now, I have not been re-billed. I am told that the $400.00 will appear on my next bill; however my service was interrupted without me ever having been billed for those charges. At the very least, it would have been more reasonable to wait until was billed to interrupt my service. Of course I understand that I am ultimately responsible for my charges, but it is outrageous for AT&T to expect me to pay this lump sum which has only accumulated due to it's own original billing error. What is more outrageous is for them to interrupt my service without sending my any readjusted billing following the billing error. When I signed up for wireless service I did not expect that I would be calling AT&T every month with billing problems and I never expected my service to be interrupted like this. Instead of threatening me with keeping my deposit and disconnecting my service, AT&T should be apologizing and offering me compensation. I have made no mistakes in paying my bills responsibly. All of the errors have been AT&T's. Please find enclose copies of all bills received to date. Signed, Maya Watson Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on AT&T
Dec 16 2001
AT&T: Upgrade to digital...or else!
I totally agree with other reports concerning AT&T's upgrade program. More and more we are seeing the anouncement scrolling across the bottom of the screen, On (such and such a date) this station will be moving to digital channed _x_. Call today to schedule your digital upgrade!!. AT&T recently raised their rates, and now they are whittling away at the standard analog broadcast stations, moving them to digital so that their bread and butter mainstream customers are now paying more money for less channels! AND WHAT CONVENIENCE!! I have my cable distributed to the basement, kitchen, and den. If I upgrade to digital, I will have to pay an additional amount each month for converter boxes in the additonal rooms. THAT'S LIKE THE PHONE COMPANY CHARGING YOU FOR AN ADDITIONAL PHONE LINE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTENSION PHONE IN YOUR BEDROOM!! And you WILL convert to digital, because eventually the only thing being broadcast on analog will be complete crap. And what a song and dance do you get from the government. Local government has never even heard of cable tv, and the FCC has decided that since satellite is available, then we are in a 'competative' market. Yeah, right! I'd have to point a dish at trees and hills to see the satellite. 10 degrees above the horizon...what's it parked over, Honolulu? Some competition. AT&T Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on AT&T
Jan 23 2002
AT&T long distance 800 # magically becomes 900 #
I got my phone bill from Qwest for July and noticed a charge from AT&T long distance added to it. Two calls totaling 12 minutes for over $100. I called to find out what was going on since I have a long distance block and 900 block on my phone. The woman I talked to said it was on the internet and it was a porn site. At the time of the porn call I was at work and my sons don't have access to my computer at home. She promised to have my account credited for the full amount within the next 3 billings. Four billings later it was still there so I called again. A man said the woman had screwed up and the call was made from my phone so I need to pay it. He would not give me his name, his supervisors name, a reference number or a phone number. Wonder what they were hiding. I called Qwest back and they said that there are some 800 numbers that people call that forward to 900 numbers without you knowing and AT&T is the company providing them. The number I supposedly called is a porn number on an island on the other side of the world that I have never heard of. If the number was accessed without dialing 800 first it would have been blocked or station-to-station. Unfortunately I am still fighting with AT&T. If anyone else has been fighting a similar battle I'd be interested in know about it. Can you say class action?
Jan 03 2002
AT&T Wireless Service bad ripoff company
I ordered two phones from AT&T at the end of August. They were suppose to be set up for Montana (we were moving there in a few days). I was never told that there was no service in Montana! I was assured that the phones would be set up there. We were moving with a baby and didn't have a place to live and the phone's were very important. The phones never worked properly and we are now stuck with a $550.00 phone bill which I cannot and will not pay. No one was helpful with the situation and no one still is. I was lied to by a major company and they want me to pay for it!!!! AT&T is a bad company! Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on AT&T
Entity: Phoenex, Arizona
Jan 21 2004
AT&T ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Nationwide Washington
I received my Qwest Business Phone Bill with a charge of $105.75 for a call made to gui bissau on Nov. 26. I called Qwest and they told me they would remove it ; However, when I called AT&T they stated they would bill me seperatly. I told both telephone companies that this was a bogus charge. AT&T stated this call was made from my phone. I told AT&T that I do not have any long distance carrier for this phone number. AT&T stated that by dialing 1010 first one can make a long distance call even if there is no long distance carrier assigned to the phone number. I use a phone card when I place long distance calls from my business. I am a one man CPA Firm. No one had access to the phone. This is a bogus charge. I told the woman at AT&T that I would not pay this. She simply stated she did now work in collections. I wasn't surprized to find other reports on ripoff detailing the same charges to gui bissau. AT&T told me this was an Island. It is an adult entertainment site. Bob seattle, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide, Washington
67, Report #81938
Feb 26 2004
AT&T Wireless ripoff, poor service Watertown MA
AT&T GoPhone disconnects, even if you prepay!!! AT&T offers a wireless plan they call a GoPhone. One of its main attributes is that it requries no yearly contracts. They just bill your credit card a set amount (for example: 29.99 for up to 200 minutes at 20 cents per minute per month). If you use up your minutes, they will just rebill your credit card and start a new month from there through a process they call. I quote from the rateplan explaination on their website: If you are on the automatic rolling option, additional automatic payments will be made every 30 days or whenever your balance is reduced to $5 or less, which ever is sooner. If you are on the fixed monthly option, your automatic recurring payment will only be made once every 30 days. So, you have two stated options: 1) Fixed Monthly Option: If you use up your minutes, the phone is cut off until the 30 days passes. 2) Automatic Rolling Option: If your balance falls to $5 or less, your credit card is billed another $29.99. This certainly implies heavily that your phone would NEVER BE CUT OFF (unless your credit card was denied perhaps). However, this IS NOT THE CASE because their billing system SUCKS. Let's say you have $6 worth of time left, and you make a 45 minute phone call (at .20 per minute, or a $9.00 phone call). The billing system will cut your phone off, and you have to call AT&T wireless to have them turn it back on. Plus, their operators are snotty little wenches who can't IMAGINE how you could be so stupid as to make a 45-minute phone call without first checking to see how many minutes you've used up. Dolt! They'll then try to upsell you to a better plan, and by upsell I mean bait-and-switch or, to put it like the Mafia would ... offer you a cut-off protection plan. Don't Go hear the GoPhone. Kevin Watertown, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Aug 17 2004
At&t Long Distance Carriers ripoff Internet
I have been recently diagnosed with a seizure disorder and have ben out of work since april. i get govenment assistance of 240.00 dollars a month and that is it. i am a single mom and it is really tigt right now. well the phone rang he other day and this lady asked for leslie fletcher and i said this is she. she told me she was trying to collect a debt from at&t. well i proceeded tell her i was disabled at this time. she asked what was wrong with me so i told her i have been having seizues. she said well this bill need to be taken care of. i told her i canot work right now but when i can i will resolve this matter. she said where is your husband and i told her i was not married. she then got personal. she proceded to ask me how do you pay your bills. i said well the church helps me whole lot. she then said well the church needs to pay this-it is a bill you know well that infuriated me. i told her that she was rude and she was upseting me.(seizures can be caused by stress) she then said i dont care. well at that point i told her i would pray for her and she said good. and then she starting yelling pay your bills. i then asked to speak to someone over her she said sure sarcasticaly. well this man got on the phone telling me to postdate a check. i said with what i have no money. he also said pay your bil and hung up in my face. these people had no right to treat me this way i cant help it i cant work or drive right now. beleive me if i could work i would. these people owe me more than an apology. harassing disabled people should be against the law. i hope everyone around the world reads this because i being very honest with these people and was treated like some kind of lying bitch. excuse the french but they really got to me bad. Lesie west monroe, LouisianaU.S.A.
Feb 01 2005
AT&T CallVantage ripoff Maitland Internet
This company is terrible. I started trying to install their telephone service two weeks ago. In spite of asking them not to turn off my regular phone service they did. They can't get my CallVantage service working but turned off my regular phone. Now I am without service and am spending a fortune on the cell phone. They sent a person to look at my system and he hadn't a clue what to do. What a horrible company. Usless and costing me a fortune. Nancy Columbia, MarylandU.S.A.
Mar 15 2005
AT&T ripoff fradulent billing Aurora Illinois
In the beginning of December of '03, I called AT&T and ordered their service in order to receive their internet service. After I was finished with my order, I found out thru conversation that their internet service would not meet my needs. I asked to then cancel the order I had just placed for service. The operator told me that I could not cancel it, it needed time to be in their system in order to cancel it. She advised me to wait 24 hours and then call back to cancel it. I then immediately called my current telephone provider and conveyed to them what had just occurred, and they told me they could not stop an electronic order if they received one. The following day, 24 hours later, I called AT&T and canceled the service I had ordered. I was provided with a cancellation confirmation number by the operator. I then called Talk America and relayed the information to them just to let them know it had been canceled. Under my service plan with talk America, local and local lond distance is covered under a flat rate. A week or so later I received an-mail confirming my order with AT&T> I immediately called them again, and spoke to an agent named Amy, and she confirmed it had been canceled, and it probably just couldn't be taken out of the e-mail system early enough, but not to worry...it was canceled. Well, around the 20th or so of January '04, I received a bill form AT&T for services rendered for telephone calls made. The calls they were billing me for were covered under my Talk America plan, and my bill never stopped with Talk America. I had just paid my Talk America bill. I asked for a supervisor, and repeated this inform to him, and asked him to also stop the service with them and to fix the bill to reflect a zero balance. I told him of the cancellation confirmation number provided to me by AT&T. He would not modify the bill but said he would cancel further service. I told him I wanted to speak to his boss, and he said he would put in a request for a supervisor to call me. None ever did. I then again called Talk America and relayed the latest inform to them and asked them to again resume all of my service with them. I asked then how was I receiving a bill from them and AT&T at the same time. They said was for service they provide me with. The next month I received yet another bill from AT&T, and I again began the unsuccessful quest to rectify this problem. I have spend countless hours, days, and arguments with AT&T, and even Talk America tried to help me with conference calls to AT&T to no avail. AT&T said it was up tp Talk America to not allow the order to go thru, but, Talk America says they lack the technology and the legal ability to disregard any electronic order to switch carriers of a telephone server. AT&T says they can't cancel any orders of service that are placed with them...so, I am in the middle of the flaws associated with these two companies, and I am the one who is in collections, and have had a black notch added to my credit report as a result of this. I did as directed by AT&T rep's as to how to cancel this transaction, and they did provide me with an cancellation number....NBBG1205. There are records of every conversation I have had with AT&T and Talk America concerning this matter. I did not just sit by and allow this to fester. I am just unable to find a resolution to this matter besides paying for services I did not own...I had canceled them I have unsuccessfully tried to resolve this, and AT&T is not telling the truth. I complained to the state attorney general, and they said I did not cancel until the end of January. that is not true. It was December 5th, 2003. They only finally cancelled it when I called up about the bills they were sending me. I would like AT&T to won their responsibility in this mess, and credit me for the amount they claim I owe, and also to clear up the bad rating they gave me on my credit report. And last of all, I think there should be some sort of procedure that is very clear when some one is canceling an order. AT&T wants to blame Talk America, yet Talk America told them and sent them faxes proving to AT&T that they can not refuse to switch an order of they receive one. AT&T is seriously flawed, and in the wrong here. Thank you for your time and assistance. This has been going on for 2 years now. Suzanne Wixom, MichiganU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on AT&T
Entity: Aurora,, Illinois
Apr 22 2005
AT&T ripoff Aurora Illinois
In September 2004 I requested ATT to disconnect my phone service as I was going out of the country for a long time. It appears the service was disconnected and reinstated by them without my authorrization. A new bill was sent with charges for $88.45. Unfortunately my son(in my absence) paid the bill. I contacted ATT in March 2005 and talked to customer service complaining about the undue charges. The customer service agent told me she could not see the statement refered to and would request for a copy which would take two weeks. After two weeks I contacted them and they could not help me. I wrote a letter to them on April 05 about the complaint. No action has been taken till date. I came across this rip off web site and had to write a letter for the public to see how ATT acts. Even when the phone line was disconnected they charged for service to a line not in existence. Vikram Hamilton, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Aurora, Illinois
Jan 19 2005
At&t ripoff Lakewood Colorado
I too have been riped off by AT&T. I had lost my cell phone and had told AT&T that I had lost it. They said they would not bill me from now on. A month goes by and I get a bill from AT&T for 5000 dollars! I called them and told them that the person I had talked to said that would'ny bill me for any other chargers from that day on, but they called me a lier and said I had to pay or I'll have to go to court. I went to court and explained everything to the judge, but not having any phisyical proof he ordered I had to pay the full 5000 dollars. Long story short I am now car less and phone less. Nigel Wheat Ridge, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Lakewood, Colorado
Jul 03 2002
AT&T ripoff the business that doesn't give a dam
Was offered a guaranteed VISA with 4.99% APR over Prime, 0% till june 2003 and no fee for transfered balances. Mailed in the reply envelope and received a notice of denial from them because my ratio of debt to reported income was to great to at tyhis time?? If they looked at my credit report to offer me the card then why deny it after I replied? I sent back a thank you card with an explaination of how with the card I could have reduced my debt by $6000 by payments of $500 a month (my current payment to a card with a min. balance of $134) and lowered my Debt versus income ratio to whatever they thought it should be. Sean Phoenix, Arizona
Entity:
Mar 22 2003
AT&T rip-off thieves Los Angeles California
In the month of February 2000 AT&T sent us a bill for $757.98, they said that we made 3 30 minute long calls to Chad Africa within a 2 hour period on the same afternoon, the telephone line that the calls were supposed to have been made on was a computer line with no phones on the line, just a computer, the day the calls were supposed to have been made was a day when the kids were gone and my wife and I just stayed home and did nothing, never once turned on the computer, we called AT&T and they told us that voice went over the line (how can voice go over a line that only has a computer on that was never turned on), and we told them that there was no way that we made those calls, all AT&T would do was discount the bill to $405.70 and told us we would have to pay anyway, we have tried every way that we know of to get AT&T to realize that we did not make those calls, the calls just happen to be 30 minutes exactly each, AT&T can just say that you made calls that you did not make and there is no way you can prove that you did not make the calls, AT&T can charge you for what ever they want and there is not much you can do about it, they have turned it over to a collection agency that has ruined our credit but I refuse to pay because I won't pay a bill I don't owe, if I thought that we were responsible in any way, shape, or form for the bill I would pay it, but I know that we did not make those calls, if anyone knows of any way to help us please let us know because I am sure that we are not the only people that AT&T is trying to screw or has already screwed. Charles Lawton, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Los Angeles, California
Mar 22 2003
AT&T Rip-off Unlimited Calling Plan Fraud Internet
I ordered the unlimited calling plan, which is supposed to be a plan where a call to anyone who also has AT&T is free. My son calls two numbers regularly, they have AT&T. Each month, however, these phone numbers appear on our bill. Each month I have to call them to correct the bill. Each month I am promised that it won't happen again. This last month (the 4th month now) I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there wasnt one! What call center operates without a supervisor?? I cancelled my service and sent a letter to AT&T legal threatening FRAUD action, and that I wanted them to correct the bill. This was late February. Today, 3/22/03, I got a collection phone call from AT&T! I advised them of the problem, they gave me a Customer Service rep who could not fix the problem! I was told I'd have to wait for a letter of credit in the mail. BEWARE!!! DON'T PATRONIZE AT&T!!! Brad Snohomish, WashingtonU.S.A.

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 7,612