AUCTION.COM Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: auction.com

There may be more reports for "auction.com"

For more results perform a general search for "auction.com"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 23 2012
Auction.com Frontrunning scam? Irvine, California
Have bid for properties on this site several times and have begun to notice a pattern of questionable results.  Just bid on a property just before the close and was the only bid for two days and should have been the high bidder at the close.  When I called to ask for the confirm they said someone else was the high bidder and bought the property!  This could only have happened if they allow front running by insiders.  This is not the first time this has happened on this site.  Interesting that the company is based in Orange County, the home of the mortgage scam.  If you have had similar experiences join me in reporting them to the AG and FBI.  If you are starting a class action lawsuit, count me in.
Apr 29 2014
Auction.com Fake bidders Nationwide / Atlanta Nationwide
I am an investor in Georgia and some other states for foreclosed properties.  My company buys many properties each month and has been doing so for several years.  When Auction.com entered the marketplace we were not able to buy as many properties. This company has made it much more difficult for all of the investors like me. There are tons of complaints online about them but it looks like the banks don’t care and they are still using them. I just am hoping they change their practices regarding reserve prices and fix their awful transaction process.1) They do not list the reserve bid price for the property, nor is there a way for us to get the reserve amount before the auction. What this means is that we want to bid on a property we have no idea what price they will accept.  Auction.com start every auction way below what they will take for the property. So if a property is worth $80,000, they start the bidding at $20,000 and then only when the bidding gets to the reserve price will they sell it. When we start to bid on a property at the low price there will quickly be another bidder.  This means they have fake bidders and WE BID AGAINST OURSELVES.  But we have no idea where the fake bidding stops and where the real bidding starts. I have to stand there and waste my time bidding against myself. With all of the issues the banks have had I am shocked that they would hire a company that does this. 2) Their transaction processes are simply AWFUL.  Every month we have to register to bid by filling out the same form we filled out last month and every month for the past two years (no one else makes us register, nor is it he law).  Then when we buy a property, we have to fill out a separate form for each and every property we buy, once again using paper.  Each month we have deeds that have our name on there slightly wrong because our info is being entered from a handwritten form.  I am baffled how a company with .COM in there name could have less technology than a local law firm. And, they take soooo long to fill the stuff out.  I usually wait until I am done buying for the day to even get started.If you don’t believe me about this stuff just search “Auction.com complaints” and you will see literally 100’s of complaints from around the country about them.  They have a 1 star review on Yelp and the Same on SiteJabber. I am hoping they see this and change their ways.
Entity: Nationwide
Dec 03 2013
Nationstar Mortgage and Auction.com Nationstar Mortgage and Auction.com Nationstar Mortgage and Auction.com California
  I am a buyer on a shortsale property that Bank of America was the short sale lender. In the middle of short sale process Bank of America transferred the file to NationStar mortgage and according to my agent Bank of America promised that Nationstar will continue with the short sale process. Soon after the file reached to Nationstar mortgage, they informed the listing agent that they will Auction the property through Auction.com and I was assured that since I had a signed contract with Seller I will be given the option to buy once they know what the online highest bid will be. Since Nationstar never contacted me, two weeks before the Auction I contacted Auction.com to make sure where I am standing with the auction process and was told that since I wrote an offer on this property I should wait until Auction is finalized. Once they know the final bid they will offer it to me and if I was not interested they will sell the property to the highest bidder. If the bid will be lower than my offer I must purchase the property according to my sign contract. On November 10th the property gone through online auction with auction.com and I watched it on line and the final bid was 200K. My original offer on a short sale started few months ago was 180K. I contacted Nationstar Mortgage and Auction.com to let them know that I will buy the property with 200K price but they are refusing to sell the property to me and they tell me that I lost my chance of purchasing this property since I did not bid on auction day. Nationstar Mortgage and Auction.com never contacted me personally or by an official letter to inform me of my position with the process. If I buy the property Auction.com will not be able to charge me 5% fee on a purchase price since I was the original interested buyer. Therefore, they refuse to sell the property to me. I also find out that the bidder is an Investment Partnership from Texas where nationstar mortgage is located. Seller does not wish to sell the property to this Investment Partnership from Texas since I was in process waiting for so long and also willing to pay what nationstar mortgage is asking for the property. Nationstar mortgage is refusing to sell the property to me and discriminating against me over an Investment Partnership for their financial benefits. This unethical practice of doing business is very commonly done by Nationstar mortgage and Auction.com and I have seen so many people frustrated of them. I have waited for this purchase for few months and now even though I am willing to pay what they are asking for, Nationstar mortgage and Auction.com are refusing to sell the property to me.     I contacted  Nationstar Mortgage Management by e mail as well as calling  them directly and spoke with Timothy Mitchell, Assistance Vice president at Nationstar Mortgage shortsale department and Auction.com  management  Hidi Navarro and Donita Thompson   I believe that I am denied the equal opportunity to purchase this property and being discrimination by Nationstar Mortgage and Auction.com over an investment partnership for the following reasons: If I purchase the property Auction.com WILL NOT be able to charge me 5% of the purchase price for compensation since I was the original interested buyer and wrote an offer on this property before the file was sent to Auction.com as well I believe that Nationstar Mortgage management pushing and wishing that the investment partnership to purchase the property for their own financial interest. The listing agent informed me that he received several calls the day after the property gone though online Auction with Auction.com and interested buyers were complaining that they were trying to bid on line on a auction day and their bid was not going though. I am lookking for an attorney that would start class action law suit for this situation.
Entity: California
Dec 28 2006
Fast Auction.com fraudulent billing disconnected phone number ripoff Internet
FastAuction.com fraudulently billed me for a service after requesting that my membership be cancelled. I did not know at the time that I had signed up for a membership so I sent them an email on Nov. 30, 2006 as a precaution. Now they have disconnected there phone number and continue to bill me $49.95 a month. I sent a second email today Dec. 28, 2006 and filed a dispute claim with my bank to try and recover the money that I'm out. This includes overdraft fees accrued by me because of this companies deceptive practices. Janeen Raleigh, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Jan 08 2007
Fast Auction.com, SEOGUIDE.com Continuous billing Internet
I signed up for a survey that was supposed to give me a restaurant card worth $100. I had to buy something, so I bought an ebay CD, which I got. I never got the restaurant card. I was charged $49.95 on my credit card in October, then again in November, and now again in December. Plus a charge of $9.95 for SEOGUIDE.com, whatever that is. They had the same phone number, so I assume they are connected. However, the phone has been disconnected. I don't mind paying once, but every month is unacceptable. How can I get them off my back and off my credit card billing? Richard Palm Bay, FloridaU.S.A. CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here. Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action. And good luck Let us know how you do!
Aug 11 2008
Car-auction.com Complete waste of money Internet
This site promises locations of repossessed auto auctions. What they deliver are links to other sites that ARE NOT repo auctions, or link to repo auctions. You will go through an endless journey clicking on links that go nowhere. Well, one of the links did go somewhere- it took me to...Ebay?! I need to pay a membership for a site to link me to ebay? I DID research this site before I paid for it. Evidently, the reviews are generated by the operators of car-auction.com. Luckily I paid with my credit car and disputed the charges. Keith tamarac, FloridaU.S.A.
Aug 28 2008
Car-auction.com Seized aircraft and autos Nationwide
I was searching the internet to find access to web sites that could provide listings for seized or auction aircraft. The promo for car-auction.com leads one to believe that the site contains these types of lists. Car-auction.com is a pure rip off because all you get is a list of other web sites that want more money to gain access for these same lists. The whole process is a joke, orchestrated by a bunch of con artists to rip people off in my opinion Mark Sugar Land, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Oct 13 2009
Car-auction.com suckered right in Internet
Looking for a great deal on a motorhome, I thought of looking at repos.  Car-auction.com came up several times (now obvious plants).  I logged in to find you must pay a fee (29.99) to enter the site.  I assumed after paying the fee, I would have access to many different motorhomes currently offered at auction.  I paid the fee, was given login and passwords, got in and was redirected to several sites...all of which recquired additional fees to login except ebay.  WHAT A SUCKER I AM.  Pretty good scam on their part...they get your $29.99, you get NOTHING but a stupid look on your face.
Nov 01 2011
AUCTION.COM Many hours wasted, hopefully not thousands of dollars as well, Internet
I've never found reason to complain online about anything but my experience with auction.com has been so bad that I feel the need to vent. I bid on 2 properties both of which I was the winner, note the term winner is absolutely not true. You go through a process where the seller (the asset manager) decides whether to accept, reject or counter your offer. I understood this since I did a fair amount of due diligence.So once I was considered the high bidder received their extremely one sided contract, everything went downhill.For the first property I signed the contracts, and wired my earnest money per their wire instructions. I get a call from my bank, the counter party bank rejected my wire, because THEIR account was closed. I called auction.com and the wire instructions they gave me was all they had. So, I'm out $30 from my bank and $20 the other bank charged for my wiring funds to a non-existent account. The money was peanuts but the hours spent on wires and discovery was the pain.So onto property #2. Again I sign the contracts and wire the funds. This time thankfully the wire instructions were correct and the escrow agent received my funds. After over a week or two of hearing nothing I contact auction.com to get a status update. Apparently the asset manager hasn't responded yet but they are expected to do so. The very next day I see the property I sent the contract and funds on re-listed on the site! Apparently my offer was rejected but no one bothered to tell me, interesting timing.Lesson learned and at least I look for get my nearly 10K or so escrow being returned. I contact auction.com , they know nothing of that status, all the are, are glorified marketers masquerading as an auction. They tell me to contact the escrow company. I have been shuffled back and for multiple times to different offices of the escrow company, no one seems to know which office leads up the auction.com stuff nor can even find my item! Fortunately I have contracts and receipts, but nearly a month after the auction I am still out my escrow and many hours of time.Bottom line auction.com has done nothing to further my goal of purchasing property but has caused me hours of time, and as of today still awaiting the return of 10K.
Dec 05 2013
Auction.com Refuse to timely return my earnest money. California
We won a property on Auction.com which has not been properly foreclosed. (Coupe got divorce and One of supposes has not been served papers)Even thoug that was their mistake ( they could not get clear title to sale the property) they still made us wait 2 months  to sign cancelation. 60 days later we signed cancelation but they have not return our earnest money yet!!! They said cancelation is still pending!2.5 months in deal those scam artist are still holding our money preventing us from getting propery somewhere else.They  are not returning our phone calls. We left numeros messages and send many emails but have no results. We been scammed by Auction.com and their partner RCO Legal to whom we wired earnest money and who should  handle our closing Process.
Entity: California
Oct 24 2007
Car-auction.com & Clickbank.com car-auction.com Not a real auction site Boise Indiana
Why didn't I check this site first? Couldn't find any negative information about the site until I paid my money and it is not a car auction site, it simply gives you other sites to search...such as ebay.com. Also, many of the sites given are obsolete. Have filed for a membership refund - nothing so far. Mona Oxford, MississippiU.S.A.
Nov 12 2013
Auction.com Time to stop Auction.com from scaming people el cajon California
We won a bid on a property in an online auction that lasted 3 days through Auction.com and we were contacted by auction.com to sign their contract and send proof of funds within 2 hours which we did. Twenty four hours later they contacted us saying there had been a glitch in the system and our contract was void and that the property would be auctioned for 15 minutes the next day. Their starting bid this time was the bid that we had won the previous auction not the original bidding price. During the extended time of the auction, we were on the phone with auction.com to make sure that we would bid correctly. As the auction proceeded our screen indicated that we were the highest bidder, the auction clock at auction.com continued to move, however we were informed that we had been outbid over the phone. We increased our bid once and then were outbid instantly, however our subsequent bids were not accepted or recorded, we had been locked out of the system. I tried to bid on by cell phone too but that bid too was not recorded. The auction ended and we called them to tell them we could not bid on the property and the rep blamed our browser and stated that there had been no glitch this time. The rep informed us that the glitch had happened the day before but the auction had been over for 48 hrs. Usually when an auction is heated the opposing bidders are given at least a minute and a half to bid but this time the auction ended abruptly on time. Question: Why did it take auction.com 24hrs. to find out about the glitch after the 3 day auction was over. If bidders did not have access they would immediately call to complain and everyone would know that same day. After the second auction we called and complained that we could not bid. We were informed that there had been no glitch 1 hour after this auction ended and that our browser was to blame. None of the reps knew how to answer our questions and were very hesitant to give any information. This auction was redone supposedly in the interest of fairness according to auction.com, however it was everything but fair.
Entity: el cajon, California
Feb 19 2007
Car-auction.com & Clickbank.com False advertiser, fake services. Boise Indiana
I wish I would have found this site first. I did try to find validity of the company by doing as many different searches for whether this was a legitimate site or not. Unfortunately, I did not and so I tried the site. WRONG MOVE!!! The site only provides links to other auction site that I had already found through normal searches. It implies you would go directly to a REAL item auction selling database. What a LIE!!! DO NOT FALL FOR IT. Save your money and go to a legitimate site. Alfonso Firestone, ColoradoU.S.A.
Feb 27 2012
Police Auction.com Vortal Group False Advertising Fake Products Internet, Internet
They Have been Advertising east west hobo bags  then when I got the bag the bag was made in china .I could have ordered the bag myself cheaper. this is not the real hobo bag and I want y money back. this should not be allowed to sell fake stuff considering it is a police auction. CANT BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT WOULD LET THEM OPERAT LIKE THAT
Entity: Internet, Internet
Oct 20 2011
auction.com REDC Refuse to release my deposit after SELLER non performance, Irvine, California
On august 15, 2011 i won an auction for a property in Lakewood, Ca on Auction.com. On the site, i notice that there was a pdf for a commitment to insure the title for the property by a title company called Chicago Title so I said cool, I know that i'm getting a clean title for the property. Per the contract, I then sent in my earnest money deposit of $12955.79 to their closing company at Chicago title. I then get an accepted offer from the seller...all is well so far. As this is to be an all cash deal, I let the Seller's Agent(SA) know that I wanted a quick close and she said that would be no problem. However a few days later I was then told by SA that there is an issue with title and that the closing might take a bit longer but that it was nothing to worry about. I was then redirected to my Closing Officer at Chicago title who later told that she discovered that the city of Lakewood put a lien on the title for unper modifications tot he property, and that the seller would have to correct the violations before the sale could proceed. Weeks and weeks went by and i was strung along the whole time. When i saw no work was done on the property yet, i contacted the CO. The first story was that the contractor had to meet with the seller to discuss what had to be fixed. a few more weeks go by... Still no work has been done. I call the CO back. I'm told that the contractor and seller have canceled their meeting. Days later, i call the CO back. I'm told that the seller/contractor postponed the meeting again. more days go by, still no work on the property....I call CO back. I'm told that the seller and the contractor finally had their meeting, and that the quote is higher than expected. More time goes by. I follow up again. Then all of a sudden out of the blue, almost TWO MONTHS later I was told by CO that the seller would not be making any repairs at all to clear title and that I would have to make the repairs on my own and clear title on my OWN!!! At this point i said forget it, and i request that the deal be canceled and that my deposit be returned only to hear back that the seller REFUSED to return my deposit and is trying to force me to purchase the property with the lien on it. If these people have proven untrustworthy with my $12,000 deposit...Do you think i would even think of sending them another 250k to close this deal? HELL NO!!!!! Keep in mind that communication was so terrible durring this ordeal It seemed like i was intentionally ignored after i sent my deposit.  I had to call multiple times per day to get any type of information. No voi were returned....no emails were returned... I was given the run around more times than i can count....Title officer says to call auction.com agent.....auction.com agent say to call title officer....all to buy more time...for what? to hold my deposit for as long as they can!!! These people are CROOKS! BUYER BEWARE!!!!! Any attorney that would like to represent me and assist with making sure these crooks dong get away with this. Please contact me! 310-895-5085ago Title, so I said cool, I know that i'm getting a clean title for the property. Per the contrace, I then sent in my earnest money deposit of $12955.79 to their colsing company at Chicago title. I then get an accepted offer from the seller...all is well so far. As this is to be an all cash deal, I let the Seller's Agent(SA) know that I wanted a quick close and she said that would be no problem. However a few days later I was then told by SA that there is an issue with title and that the closing might take a bit longer but that it was nothing to worry about. I was then redirected to my Closing Officer at Chicago title who later told that she discovered that the city of Lakewood put a lien on the title for unpermitted modifications tot he property, and that the seller would have to correct the violations before the sale could proceed. Weeks and weeks went by and i was strung along the whole time. When i saw no work nas been done on the property yet, i contacted the CO. The first story was that the contractor has to meet with the seller to discuss what has to be fixed. a few more weeks go by... Still no work has been done. I call the CO back. I'm told that the contractor and seller has canceled their meeting. Days later, i call the CO back. I'm told that the seller/contractor postponed the meeting again. more days go by, still no work on the property....I call CO back. I'm told that the seller and the contractor finally had their meeting, and that the quote is higher than expected. More time goes by. I follow up again. Then all of a sudden out of the blue, almost TWO MONTHS later I was told by CO that the seller would not be making any repairs at all to clear title and that I would have to make the repairs on my own and clear title on my OWN!!! At this point i said forget it, and i request that the deal be cancelled and that my deposit be returned only to hear back that the seller REFUSED to return my deposit and in trying to force me to purchase the property with the lien on it. If these people have proven untrustworthy with my $12,000 deposit...Do you think i would even think of sending them another 250k to close this deal? H*LL NO!!!!! Keep in mind that communication was so terrible durring this ordeal It seemed like i was intentionally igmored after i sent my deposit.  I had to call multiple times per day to get any type of information. No voicemails were retirned....no emails were returned... I was given the run around more times than i can count....Title officer says to call auction.com agent.....auction.com agent say to call title officer....all to buy more time...for what? to hold my deposit for as long as they can!!! These people are CROOKS! BUYER BEWARE!!!!! Any attorney that would like to represent me and assist with making sure these crooks dont get away with this. Please contact me! (((phone number redacted))) CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Mar 21 2011
Auction.com Auction.com online or bid live I was the highest bider, but the item was taken off, disappear! never reply my e-mail Internet
This site entices me to bid. I spent all my time to investigate the property, went to open house, etc... Finally when the auction was open, I was the highest bider. There was no contact from them as promised. I wrote them, they never replied. All the auction items were removed without any explanations! So, I have spent all this time without any thing out of it. I will never work with this site anymore. Please beware of this company auction.com. You will go to their auction, pay for parking space, waste your time, and the property you want to bid on will not be there. What a scam!
Aug 27 2011
Auction.com Illegal Auctions & Fraud Irvine, California
This Company is selling peoples homes illegally that are not verified in Default or making sure by calling bank or lender before putting your home up for auction.  My home is currently on auction and I have NEVER ever been in default and through some bank error from a past bankrupt loan servicer of my loan back in 2002 , my home is now on their auction site to be sold September 1st.    Seems this company can illegally sell your home without direct verification with your lender, they can send someone to your home and take your picture standing in your own driveway which ends up becoming the picture on the auction site.  They do not respond to the home owner or the banks own legal department sending a cease and desist order to them to remove the listing. People coming to my house now to see inside, making me feel invaded at same time embarrased as if I have not been working hard enough to keep my own home which also happens to be where I work from.  Reading reviews this company has complaints across the board. They need to be slapped with a lawsuit and pay for duress and damages they cause.  Yet alone remove innocent people from their auctions.
18, Report #192959
May 23 2006
Auction.com ripoff Took money from my account without my knowledge or authorization Boonton New Jersey *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!
I discovered a charge to my bank account for $9.95 and it said Auction.com. I went to the website and emailed the company and told them that they charged my account without my knowledge or consent and I asked them to refund the money that they took back to my account. A guy emailed me back, asking if I canceled my seller account. I replied yes. He emailed back stating that I would not be charged again and I replied that the money that I was charge was not authorized. I used Auction.com a year ago once and all of a sudden I have charge for $9.95 that no one can explain. I am a little upset because I sent one last email requesting a refund and I have heard nothing. The bank will get my money back but it is the principle. No honest company does this. Stay away from Auction.com. Do not give them any of your information. My next call is to the Boonton, New Jersey Police department to find out if they have any info on this company. This is just a warning to anyone who m Ann Worth, IllinoisU.S.A. EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back! HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO: Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E. According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days. If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges. Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent! DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get. And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state. Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth. If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form. CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here. Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action. And good luck Let us know how you do! ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com EDitor@RipoffReport.com badbusinessbureau.com www.ripoffreport.com Don't let them get away with it. Make sure they make the Rip-off Report! We are not lawyers. We are not a collection agency. We are Consumer Advocates. ...the victims' advocate WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency ...by consumers, for consumers CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.
Entity: Boonton, New Jersey
Jan 20 2007
PM -Fast Auction.com affiliated with E-bay is a scam and took money from my account witout permission! St. George Utah
I signed up to receive a CD that goes into detail about selling on e-bay which was supposed to cost $1.97. I received the cd a 2-3 weeks ago and now additional charges are showing up on my account. Yesterday there was one for $49.95 and today one showed up for $16.95. I filled out a dispute form at my credit union for the first charge but have not heard anything yet. Shalyce Centerville, UtahU.S.A.
Entity: St. George, Utah
Dec 17 2006
Car-auctions, car-auction.com & Clickbank.com false advertisement, sold me a membership to a bogus site, Ripoff Boise Indiana
sold me a membership, they claim they have all kind of cars selling for very cheap, but its all fiction, after you'll pay for the membership... they'll give you links to several auctions sites. big scam!!! beware!!! Jeff gatineau, QuebecCanada
Feb 09 2007
PM Fast Auction.com charged 49.95 to my debit card after I bought a cd for 1.97 Internet
I ordered a CD from PMFastAuction.com about making money on ebay and I received it. Two weeks later they charged 49.95 on my debit card. I tried to contact them but all I had was an email support@fastauction.com so I kept trying to get them to respond to me. They never would. I had to change my debit card and fill out a fraudulent charge form at my bank. They investigate it and if they see fit, put that money back into your account. It will be a while before I know about that. This company and website doesn't seem to exist so the email probably doesn't either. Diane Crossville, TennesseeU.S.A.
Jul 06 2011
auction.com bought a property gave them earnest money now endless eamils getting money back ft myers florida Internet
auction.com had a real estate auction in Ft myers fla ..I was the winning bid on a property ..they require a 2500 deposit in certified funds ..I gave them the deposit ...2 days later i get a email saying the bank did not accept my offer and they wanted to know if i was willing to bid higher I instructed the that was final bid and if they didnt accept that i wanted my earnst money back I have had seveal emails from auction.com I call them Phantom emails but not money back I think this could be soem kind of scheme they have going on holding all this money and taking their sweet time returing the money ..My next step is the atty genral Florida Stay away from auction.com RIPOFF
Entity: fort myers florida, Internet
Jan 03 2007
Fast Auction.com ripped me off for $50.00 thru Ebay by making an offer of a free info c.d. that only cost $1.95 to send. Then charged my account almost $50.00 St.George Utah
I requested an informational cd that was supposed to cost nothing but $1.95 from fastauction.com thru Ebay. Then I was charged almost $50.00. That in turn caused my bank account to be overdrawn unexpectedly. Now I cant find them. I hold Ebay accountable because I trusted their name. Thanks. Wm.david Lexington, KentuckyU.S.A.
Jan 09 2007
PM-FAST AUCTION.COM LAS VEGAS SCAM INTENTIONALLY REPRESENTING EBAY FOR $1.97 CD AND BILLED MY ACCOUNT $180 , USING ACCT. # St. George Utah *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!
I ordered a CD for $1.98 + s/h from Fastauction.com for expert training on how to sell on eBay. Received CD in the mail and never opened as I saw from the label that it had to do with auctions --I wasn't interested. I was out of the country for a little bit, and didn't check my bank statement for 3 months and when I did, I saw that I was charged $49.95 + $9.95 x 3 months = $180. I called them on 1/2/07 and after much argument, they agreed to credit for $119.80 only, but have so far only credited $59.90. This is truly a scam, with the fine print and not refunding when they know you haven't even used the CD at all. It seems that in the past year, the one or two dealings I have with the eBay name, have been negative -- I've been able to spot all scams for the past 5 years and have not even been on eBay for a couple of years due to constant scammers coming through my email address. This company needs to make refunds or stop advertising as though they are affilliated with eBay. A lot of it is my fault for not reading the fine print and not being able to check my bank statement, but I don't like the underhanded methods that gives online business transactions a bad name. Advice -- never, never give out your account number to a firm you do not know. I DO not KNOW what I was thinking. Starlet San Carlos, CaliforniaU.S.A. EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back! HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO: Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E. According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days. If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges. Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent! DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get. And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state. Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth. If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form. CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here. Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action. And good luck Let us know how you do! ED Magedson - Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com EDitor@RipoffReport.com badbusinessbureau.com www.ripoffreport.com Don't let them get away with it. Make sure they make the Rip-off Report! We are not lawyers. We are not a collection agency. We are Consumer Advocates. ...the victims' advocate WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency ...by consumers, for consumers CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.
Entity: St. George, Utah
Apr 15 2009
Car-auction.com - Car-auction.net SCAM. Save your money!! Internet
Desperate to find a new car, I was thinking of some other avenues. I thought to myself, why not try car auctions. I did some research on the Internet and found this site: http://www.squidoo.com/Police-Impound-Cars There, they give a #1 rating to car-auction.com. Plus, there were reviews by other folk who said, that it was great advice. Ok, so I click on the link. Now at car-auction.com, I do a preliminary search with what they have on the first page. It says it's searching for the make and model, and boom, it says it found something. Great! To view the information however, I must first buy their service. Ok, no problem. I'll take the unlimited VIP service, since I might want to find another car this way in the future. No problem. I pay my $29.95, and I'm emailed an id and password. Ok, simple id and a simple password. I'm thinking I'll use this id and password to logon and once I logon, I'll change my password. Ok. The id/password was something like cars/auction. I thought it was strange, but Ok, after I log on I should be able to change it. I log on, and it gives me a list of other auction sites. I click on a link, and that auction site wants me to pay to gain access. I'm thinking, I already paid for car-auction.com, why should I pay to get here. I then leave that site and go to another one, using the list the car-auction.com provided, and yep the next site wants the same thing. WTF. All the sites I visited, want me to pay for the service of looking at cars to bid. Plus the bid prices were a lot more than I thought (but that's neither here nor there). car-auction.com did not provide me with a way to bid on their site. They only supplied links to other sites! If you are reading this because you are thinking about buying their service, use this information to save your money. I doubt I will get my money now !!! They claim that they have a guarantee, but there is no information on the site to get it! The information they have, links you back to the payment page. I can get the links myself by using Google or Yahoo! I don't need car-auction.com, and neither do you. Someone is sitting pretty with my 30 dollars, and did nothing to get it. Good for car-auction.com to have created such a well devised SCAM. I usually can spot them pretty well, but this site got me, because they had created false postings on other sites saying that their site was the best. I fell into their trap. Don't make the same mistake. I did a search on internic.com for the domain owner. Domain Name: CAR-AUCTION.COM Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC. Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com Name Server: NS1.EASYDNS.COM Name Server: NS2.EASYDNS.COM Name Server: NS3.EASYDNS.ORG Name Server: NS6.EASYDNS.NET Name Server: REMOTE1.EASYDNS.COM Name Server: REMOTE2.EASYDNS.COM Status: clientDeleteProhibited Status: clientRenewProhibited Status: clientTransferProhibited Status: clientUpdateProhibited Updated Date: 07-oct-2006 Creation Date: 17-apr-2003 Expiration Date: 17-apr-2010 It is owned by Godaddy.com. I called Godaddy, and they said that the owner paid for privacy. They only way to get the owners name and address is by court order. If anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit, please post a reply so that me and others will know. Anthony Poughkeepsie, New YorkU.S.A.

Approximately 57 Reports Found