AUTHORHOUSE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: authorhouse

There may be more reports for "authorhouse "

For more results perform a general search for "authorhouse "

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 15 2009
AuthorHouse Publishing Hard-sell Tactics Rips Off Partially blind 75-Year-old Woman And Thumbs Nose at New Mexico Attorney General Office Bloomington Indiana
In October 2007, I entered into a contract with Authorhouse to publish my book, El Mochito Sephardim From Northern New Mexico. The fee on the contract is $2,597.00. Five Hundred dollars was for Rapid Release and that sum has since been returned. The book is in two languages, English and Ladino, a Sephardic Jewish language, hence, could not be dropped in a one-size-fit-all program, which is what they did. The book was edited by top notch linguists. From the beginning errors appeared each time they sent the galley for approvasl. In January 2008, I wrote an email to the saleperson, Pamela Jay, telling her about the problem with their system She didn't answer the letter, instead, called promising that everything would be corrected and my book would be very special. With each galley, errors kept cropping up. Again in February 2008, I wrote Ms. Jay another email asking her to return the money because the work was completely unacceptable and what they were doing was criminal including charging me for their mistakes. I informed her that I would be writing a letter to the NM Attorney General. AuthorHouse knew from the inception that I was 75 and partially blind. The hard-sell phone calls began together with emails two and three times a day regarding corrected errors. The stress was more than I could handle so I signed the release for them to print the book praying that more errors would not crop up. In less then twenty four hours the book was printed and press releases nation-wide. Imagine my shock when my family saw errors throughout the book. I ordered AuthorHouse to stop the printing immediately because my reputation was at stake. I am a published writer however, El Mochito is my first novel. It's plastered on the internet. On April 14, 2008, I wrote a letter to the NM Attorney General's Office. The Office gave them ten (10) days to respond to my allegations. Nine months later Authorhouse has thumbed its nose at the Attorney General's Office who continues asking for their response. Nothing! Ignored! Mine is not the only complaint. The internet lists several lawsuits which Authorhouse has lost. As an American Consumer, I want justice. Sincerely, Jo Jo Rio RAncho,, New MexicoU.S.A.
Feb 05 2010
AuthorHouse Publishing Company Published a Book and only received Royalties the first year it came out Bloomington, Indiana
In 2006 The book was Published. Within the first 3 quarters of that year I received 3 checks for Royalty payments. Thinking they had sold 4 books, (2 in one quarter) Now four years later I have found many websites and consumers selling the book, over 50 as of today and my research has just began. I never received money for the sale of these books from AuthorHouse. All this time I thought the book never took off until what I found today. How disgraceful thinking the whole time the book was a waste of time and money getting it published until I found it selling not only in the USA but also International. I am still awaiting a response from AuthorHouse I am not a Happy Camper
Sep 19 2010
authorhouse publisher I published two books with them my books are selling all over and they never paid me any royalties bloomington, Indiana
authorhouse is a book publisher who continues to fraud all there authors out of our royalties and money, our books sell all over the internet, amazon,  barnes&noble and other book stores there are over two hundred complaints against them yet the attorney general in Indiana is doing nothing aboout it.  I feel this is  unamerican that another man or woman can profit off of other peoples hopes and dreams and hard work an yet no one is doing anything about there fraud and scams of us american people. I feel this company should be thoroughly investigated . thank you for your time.
Entity: bloomington, Indiana
Nov 28 2009
AuthorHouse Publishing Company Trafford Publishing 30 day turn around. What a laugh Milton Keynes, Internet
AuthorHouse, which I am informed originates in the United States, having an office based in England (Milton Keynes), is the name that comes up, first, when seeking a publishing house that will undertake work for budding authors. AuthorHouse promises a 30 day turn around, that it is extremely professional. This is just how professional they are: 1) Three manuscripts submitted. AuthorHouse managed to mix them up. 2)  AuthorHouse managed to create two books, with different titles, but the same content. So I ended up with two books the same with different titles to them, and this by the same compositor. When I asked him how he could produce two books the same, with different titles, no answer came back. 3)  Wrong information placed on the back of the books. 4)  Wrong security details supplied, so as to access account 5)  Missing information from back of books, once the original mistake was looked into 6)  Inappropriate fonts to paragraphs 7)  Information missing from front covers 8)  Personal information inputted wrongly 9)  Persistant refusal to correct mistakes that they had made. 10  Instead of 30 day turn around it took from March until September (2009) to get ahead, even a little bit. Eventually I informed them that I would have to take court action, which they dismissed. So I took them to court and was refunded monies plus costs. Once AuthorHouse had taken the money they were off, off to the next client, regardless. The work that I submitted was consistantly mauled and the aggravation in trying to sort out their mess was quite incredible. When a customer services man contact me he said I must be brief in outlining my complaint. Excuse me! should he not have investigated my complaint before telephoning myself? this is the could not care less attitude towards their clients. After many months I still did not obtain that which I paid for. Wasted time and effort and felt as though I had been made fun of, looked upon as a stupid individual, a sap. I would not recommend AuthorHouse. It maybe that they get some books out, but I can only think that it is a matter of hit and miss and if you are unfortunate to be on the receiving end, get the tranquilizers out for you are in for a very, very rought time with individuals who do not listen, refuse to listen, though AuthorHouse claims to work with aspiring authors. You know the speel.
Entity: Milton Keynes, Internet
Mar 28 2007
AuthorHouse Publishing Company ripoff no inventory of books in retailers channel also company lost original copyright Bloomington Indiana
I been treated badly and always received indirect or none response to my questions like these (I couldn't send attachmentson here but if someone contacts me I have them) Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 5:59 PM These are two attachments that will clearly prove that AuthorHouse is in breach of contract agreement. Here is a letter from Joseph Kerschbaum stating that he has the original copyright certificate and will be kept in my folder with AuthorHouse.for safety reason I been told that AuthorHouse does not have original copyright certificate. This itself is a breach of contract. Another issue that I face is the form of cancellation you sent me clearly states to select one of the three choices. I checked the first choice >>> cancel fully my contract with AuthorHouse. Last Friday I received a letter from Eugene Hopkins stating that any book in the retail channel will remain until sold. I did not choose the 3rd choice that coincides with Hopkins letter. Why is there any books out when service agreement is print on demand ? I visited stores sites that carries my book. Why have I not receive an inventory report with retailers names, how many books they carried and have sold? I'm extremely upset to discover Lighting Source Inc. is listed as publisher of my book but this was done without my knowledge. Who sold this company the rights to published my book? I am the sole owner of book and demand my book REMOVE from all retail stores. ---in closing Faith Kula, HawaiiU.S.A.
Jul 21 2013
AUTHORHOUSE SELF PUBLISHING NEVER PAID PROPER ROYALTIES . HAVE PROOF FROM MY FACEBOOK CONSUMERS !!! BLOOMINGTON INDIANA
My wife self published a children's book the day benny stuck his neck out !  We never received proper royalties we can prove this by our # of friends on facebook who purchased her book doest come close to what was paid !  Also it is available on amazon all over the world in multiple languages ,on nook color & kindle electronically none of which can be traced by us because authorhouse is the principle on amazons account . My wife is Blind & handicapped it was her dream to be published . Her book deals with bullying & disability !!! SHE FEELS LIKE SH HAS BEEN EXPLOITED BY AUTHORHOUSE  & GROUP ACTION MUST BE TAKEN !!!  As many other Authors have also filed complaints  !!!  Please they are Bilking millions From Both Authors & Consumers !!!  IM Sure The IRS Would Take interest As Well  !!!  WHERE HAS THE INTEGRITY Of Literature & MANKIND GONE !!!     Verne   East Williston New York .
Entity: Internet
Jun 12 2014
Authorhouse authorsolutions The final galley had tons of errors and unauthorized changes were obvious after I paid for their edit. Bloomington Indiana
I paid for a publishing package. This was the second package. They advised me that they wanted me to use theeir in-house editorial services which I did.  The first book Invisible Chain:  Justice is Blind was edited by someone outside of their in-house referal network. Then I realized there were a number of similarly named books.  I was advised in order to change the title I had to order a new publishing package--which I did. I ordered their editorial services a line edit and purchased a package that included e-book and softcover.  The amount paid for these services cost $2,067.00  The previous package cost $649.50.  The edit return and for the most part it was okay but it still had some errors and it appeared as though the edit wasa dropped at the end. So I submitted a number of rounds of changes each time the manuscript returned there seemed to be more errors and numerous period that were not there previsouly. I finally authorized the book for publication.  However when I received the compliment copy for review I noticed words I knew I had not written and changes to words I knew I had not done.Some changes were made one word on the back cover From My People Swoop.  I submitted a text modification and advised I had to pay $300.00 that included a change in the cover text and design if I chose to do so. $275.00 for a retech.  I still complained that I did not make all those changes and knew scat was there and not skit on pg. 43. I was constantly ignored until I contacted them weeks later via phone.  Still I received to response to my complaint.  The fact that the one word was added to the back cover left my wondering if they made changes. Than the error riddled manascript was downloaded on Amazon.  I advised my re-assigned PSA that I had not received the stop the publication form even though I saw the attachment on the e-mail it disappeared. The payment for the publishing was paid by cash edit by charge card.After checking this website I see that a nu berof self-publishing companies have received numerous complaints. PublishAmerica did not pay royalties on my poetry boo and now it is on the secondary market selling of hundreds of dollars.
Sep 25 2017
Authorhouse Does not give the proper loyalties. Took more than $5000.00 from me, lied to me, did no honest business. How can they keep doing this to people? Internet
 Authorhouse leads people to believe that they will actually make money. After I spent way over $5000 my book was finally published after I got ripped off by the proofing. I was told I had to buy 100 of my own book that I had just got published. (Which I bought). My book is listed on Amazon and SEVERAL places all over the Internet. I was told that I would get around $3.40 per book that was sold. Every now and then I get a check. the last one was almost one dollar and fifty cents. I guess they sold a half a book. I don't see how they get away with this scam.
Entity: Internet
34, Report #201400
Sep 10 2006
Authorhouse Publishers Authorhouse is trying to cancel my contract without any reason Bloomington Indiana
I went to Bloomington, Indiana where Authorhouse has its main headquarters in March 2006 to publish my book. The book was published as of May 10, 2006. From May - June 30th Authorhouse has not lived up to their contract. I paid over $2700 dollars which included a Fast Forward service that is supposed to have the press release, and marketing kit, etc. done in 30 days from when the book was published, I have still not seen that done. On June 30th Eugene Hopkins, which is the Client Service Manager, told me that Authorhouse was going to put everything on hold and removed my book from Barnes and Nobles and every other distributor for no reason. I ordered 100 books for book signings that go on until September, they would not give me the books, and now I have no books for the book signings and no one can buy my book. I am planning on going to Bloomington to file a lawsuit against Authorhouse. If there are any other people that have had similiar problems with this company feel free to call me at my office which is listed below. Maria St. Petersburg, FloridaU.S.A.
Oct 28 2009
AuthorHouse Took my money to publish my book. They are only printers and did little or nothing to publish my book Bloomington, Illinois
I am an author and  used Authorhouse to publish my book. I chose them as they were prominenton all web search engines and seemed to offer a complete and uncomplicated package. They eagerly took my money after I was bombarded with 3/4 phonecalls a day. As soon as they had my money the mood changed and I found that I had to chase for progress and results. Any difficult queries I had remained unanswered and silence seemed to be a big part of there 'modus operandi'.  I was lied to, my private mail which was sent to me via, them was intercepted and  opened. My royalties  were hardly ever paid on time and I had to continually chase for what I was owed and on on occasion  had to threaten legal action. At the time of writing this I am still owed money by them and all my enquiries are greeted by 'silence'.   They print the books and then charge the authors exorbitant prices for their own books. If a major outlet wants to sell your book they are usually entitled to an outlet discount, but  unless the author pays Authorhouse 600 [ approx] per annum, then there is no deal with the outlets who naturally just lose interest, which happened to me twice.  I then discovered that they were supplying Amazon themselves, and  making  about 7 per book profit, whilst I as the author received 1.80. It is a scam and unless you are worldly wise in the  publishing world then you only discover when it is too late and they have made a tidy sum for themselves. Its a ripoff.  I have now cancelled my contract with them and have re-printed and published my book myself  and what a difference its made. My advice is to all authors or potential authors is to take your money elsewhere and for existing authors to cancel and re-publish. Authorhouse are also in the habit of having there employees to report well on the company on this siteand write what they are told to write. Do not be fooled and  the only way to defeat the ripoff is to tell the world. Do your bit.
Entity: Bloomington, Illinois
Mar 29 2007
Author House tried to squeeze money out of my sponsor for my copyright they lost ripoff Bloomington Indiana
My sponsor called and got through after his 9th call in a week and 3rd called today got through. He adressed original copyright certificate issue. AuthorHouse said we can get another one but it will cost? ($150.00) My sponsor said I am not paying one penny for AuthorHouse irresponsibilities. That Rich VanLue got $42.00 for a book the author gets free. It will be the company money to replace it. He made me proud that he showed them he was not a push over. Faith Kula, HawaiiU.S.A.
Apr 08 2007
Author House Publishing no reply, I told how I know I'm not the only author to notice their cunning business. ripoff Bloomington Indiana
It's been 5 days now since my last email contact with this horrible company. I was upset my last two posts that there few typo error. I am upset because I told them I'm doing alterations to my book,to remove it off the retail channel. I checked online today and my book still on yes it is. They say author as control; that is a lie. They do not stand good by their word, nor honor contract agreement they made with the author. WRITERS how I rate this company? AuthorHouse I rate them thumbs down big time. Faith Kula, HawaiiU.S.A.
May 27 2012
iuniverse iuniverse/authorhouse II got screwed over Internet, Internet
Thank you...for all the positive emails I received after filing my complaint against iuniverse/authorhouse. Keep them coming...Christopher            Iuniverse actually contacted me to resolve my issues to no avail, of course.      Again thank you so much for your support... Christopher
Entity: Internet, Internet
Sep 12 2015
authorhouse Liars stolen quarters bloomington Indiana
 the diary of Lucifer a path of diamonds. Published the end of may 2015. Online for the second quarter the month of June.. I literally have pictures of over 10million download activity... Literally... And they said that my book had no activity... Literally pictures... 10 million downloads man... They steal and I have pictures to prove it!
Entity: bloomington, Indiana
Sep 01 2011
AuthorHouse, Inc manuscript,books,publisher,self-publishing,self-publisher,scam,fraud,falseclaims,printing,books Bloomington, Indiana
In considering the publishing of my new manuscript and how best to make it into the best possible marketable book, I saw AuthorHouse, Inc. on the Internet. While I was not sure how a self-publishing book would reach the market place, and other things having to do with whether themanscript could realize its full potential, I was willing to look into it. Therefore I contacted AuthorHouse and got a return call from a Timothy Murphy, a publishing consultant, who offered to send me a packet of information. After I received the info, Mr. Murphy called me several times to askme to review the contract which was included on the packet. He told me that he was able to give me a special deal if I signed-up now. In December(2010) and January (2011) I sent a $1000.00 toAuthorHouse, before even sending it one page of my manuscript. Later, I received an offer from a mainline publisher to publisher my manuscript, which included allediting,publicist fees ($24,000.00), distribution, etc., including a substanial advance, plus a much higher royality percentage. In other words, they wanted to help me make my manuscript into a truly marketable book. AuthorHouse has done NOTHING, but take my money and won't give me a refund of the $1000.00. That's my cpmplaint!!
Apr 07 2007
AuthorHouse Publishers Problems with Correcting Manuscript and Cover Galleys Bloomington Indiana
There are still problems with Author House Publishers in Bloomington, Indiana. I just published my mother's second book of poetry through AuthorHouse. It was finally done March 21st. I sent them a perfect printed-out manuscript, with everything also perfectly done on CD-ROM. When the design consultant contacted me, I had to explain several times in the phone conversation that my mother had died and that her closest friend from New York City and I were publishing the book of poetry. My mother, in her lifetime, won 65 awards in national poetry contests and wrote at least 300 poems, many of which have never been published in book form. So we are doing this as a posthumous project. Lo and behold, he obviously did not understand who wrote the poems because when I got the galleys, my mother's name was completely LEFT OFF the cover. It looked like my mom's friend and I wrote the poems, which we did not. The book was finally done, but only after I paid $50 to correct some cover mistakes. Also, when my mother's friend contacted them only yesterday (April 3, 2007), to order 30 copies of the book and get the author discount, since her name is on the cover as one of the editors, the phone representative got very confused. She did not understand who wrote the book and said, There are just so many names on this!. Surely it should not be that hard to understand that this is a posthumously published volume of poems from an award-winning poet, edited by her daughter and a close friend of the family. I would recommend that anyone looking to self-publish choose another publisher unless you want to spend time correcting a lot of mistakes which should never happened in the first place. We will definitely use another publisher the next time. Suzanne Thorndale, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Jan 30 2013
Author House Publishing AuthorHouse Refund of $0.00 for $2,299 Package, Internet
I purchased the Pinaccle Package from Authorhouse's Self-Publishing deals online and made a full payment of $2,299. It was for my very first book. A children's novel entitled - only about 120 pages long. I had never been published before and, at twenty years old, thought it would be a good way to promote myself as an author to have a published novel under my belt. It all started on the wrong foot. Julie, the representative I was put with, would not listen to my requests. She ignored my request for an editting service (which would have earned the company $1,275). She only wanted the basic information so she could move my book onto formatting. I was very upset that my needs weren't being met and when I was pushed onto the second step (the formatting process) I requested a cancellation.Two months went by and I waited quite patiently- as they said it could take up to 30 days. Finally, after recieving no refund, I called Authorhouse. The representatives told me I had been issued a refund of $0.00. Upset, I asked why. They said my book was finished and I explained that it absolutely was not. So they said they would get me in touch with a higher representative.Well when I contacted him he pointed out that I would only recieve a $526.00 refund. Why? My book had already been formatted and I needed to cover the fees for the consultation and formatting. I tried to explain that my book had been pushed onto that step before I was ready (hence the reason I cancelled to begin with). That's when he pulled out the terms and conditions stating I would only recieve a 25% refund once the book had been done formatting. And I would only recieve a 50% refund if my book manuscript had been submitted. I continued to argue that I had not approved my book to be formatted, but my arguement was ignored. Needless to say none of the refunds were ultimately issued to me and I ultimately had to file a claim with the BBB (who is now looking into it). So far, here are all of the services/products I paid for and I did not recieve:30 Book StubsBook Signing KitBarnes & Noble ListingBook Sellers Return ProgramBook Buyer's PreviewMarketting KitAmazon and Google ListingsCopyright Registration5 Hardcover Copies20 Paperback CopiesISBN AssignmentOnline DistributionMarketting CouncelationBookstore AvailabilityComplimentary Author CopyDigital Formatting and DistributionHardcover FormattingLibrary of Congress Control NumberElectronic Proof And I have been issued exactly $0.00 as a refund:. From the very beginning Authorhouse ignored my requests and rushed me through the process. Now I see why, as they have written in very small print all of the fees that occur as each step is reached. Authorhouse assumed that a twenty-year-old girl who writes children's books could easily be taken advantage of. And as of right now they are correct. But I will not stand to be walked on. My feelings are hurt and my hopes of being a writer are temporarily shattered. Buyer's beware... they promise great feats and offer a lot of opportunities to lose money.
Jan 14 2013
Iuniverse AuthorHouse, Other ? Betrayal, Deception, Theft of Intellectual Property, Fraud, Monetary Theft, Psychological Trauma and Pain Internet
In 2007 I had three books published via IUniverse - a company that worked with me via the Internet and phone calls - through the completion of each manuscript / book - with everything relatively easy to access via thier site up until that point.  Once sales began, however, I could no longer (it got more complex and then impossible) access any information about any of my books - not the number of sales, nothing about royalties, nothing (other than the fact that the books were still listed for sale) - period.  I would go online periodically in search of my books and found them accessible / for sale throughout the country via Iuniverse and other sites - and even in other parts of the world.  Sometimes these were new copies - sometimes they were (ahem) used (Amazon, EBay, other) copies.  All of these books / copies for which I was receiving no notice, no royalties / payment, etc.  [I did receive two small royalty checks early on, and then nothing.]  These books (published in 2007) remain on the IUniverse active status (January 2013) - and are still to be be found (for sale) at IUniverse, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, EBay and a multitude of other websites.  I am shaking with anger as I write this, as I have every time I have tried to locate a way to find out what is going on with my books, my copyright, my (I would assume) monies.  The only calls and/or emails I get (periodically) from IUniverse - and I always speak my mind when I speak to someone on the phone - are to try and sell me new products.  In fact, the latest slam was a request to make each of my three books into ebooks - to which I stated (verbally and through an email) a more than explicit no.  No.  No.  No.  Irregardless, IUniverse went on to make each one of my books - against my explicit refusal - into e-books - adding ripoff to ripoff to ripoff.  I am intested in pursuing a lawsuit - definitely.  Three books.  My heart and soul.  Where are my rights?  Where are my royalties?  Where is my human dignity to be found in any of a situation that moved way beyond exploitation a long time (but ongoing...) ago.  I would love to hear from others in regard to this matter.  I would happily pursue a lawsuit.  My heart has been broken.
Apr 15 2011
iUniverse Author House - AuthorHouse - Xlibris - Bertram Capital Management - Author Solutions - Trafford Publishing - Wordclay DANGER! BEWARE! FRAUD! and let's not forget CLASS ACTION Internet
I sat in the Bada Bing today and thought about this awful situation for a long time. The corporate officers and certain employees of these entities deserve to be pictured in handcuffs on the front page of every significant newspaper in the world, and featured on American Greed, Dateline, and 60 Minutes, to name only a few.All due respect...The masterminds behind this flimflam printing operation should get no respect, no more money from the public, and significant incarceration. They know perfectly well what they're doing and what they have done to an unsuspecting public. In order to not let them get away with it, each one of you who had money stolen by iUniverse and its other incarnations needs to step up and join a class action lawsuit and not keep saying that someone else ought to do it. They are not going to go away unless you join to do something. Stop feeling powerless.(((Redacted))) CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Apr 30 2013
Author House AuthorHouse took lots of my money to publish my book. They only printed and did nothing to publish it Bloomington, Indiana
Translated a 130 year old book Cumandá: The Novel of the Ecuadorian jungle, written by Juan Leon Mera, I obtaining the Copyrights then proceeded to publish it with AuthorHouse in 2007, wrong step!!! AuthorHouse took my money, In early marketing and Publishing to start with were 13 items that included editing $8,600.00, bought 200 non edited books (I still have them because I could not sell them like that) $1,170.00, reediting $1,164.18, for resubmitting the book to printing $150.00, shipped 50 non insured books and lost 33 $460.35; Totaling: $11,544.53 They poorly printed and did little or nothing to publish. Paid them $8,000.00 more for further marketing. They owe me for the last 2 Royalty Checks. I also know that sense 2007 to the present they never paid me honestly what my royalties would be, besides printing for themselves and selling through different channels for their own profit. I demand over $30,000.00, that money is not enough for my hard work, my spended money and I am not about to let them get away with this big scam.
Oct 26 2008
Author House Hook ya on price, then skin n fry'em Bloomington Indiana
Got my book published with Author House. FINALLY!?? Thought and asked several times was $799 going to be my final price, with out any printed books of course(those are priced according # in one production run). I was told yes, thats all it takes for the production). Got just hammered by another sales/marketing man, Convinced me, that I had to have this, that, and these promotional items. Newspaper adds, etc.. I bought in to way more than what I bargained for. For the almost 6,000 my marketing rep said it was a GREAT plan. I sold more books self-promoting and doing my OWN book signs, than I did on the 6,000 investment. I wont even start about the pains of working with their publishing consultants, or their production team?? ehhh.. Nightmare and they stuck me with more production charges(on a finished script, already professionally edited.. Nickel and dime you to death, thats all they do. Book quality was OK; however, follow up and ordering books, is still a f'n pain. Was going to do book two with them, but even with the discount the headaches alone drove me to another publisher(self). Be careful out there as well in the Self Pub arena, Author Solutions(the parent company to Author House), owns a great deal of the industry. From word of mouth its just the same repackaged junk. Sue NY, New YorkU.S.A.
47, Report #200203
Mar 29 2007
AuthorHouse ripoff stealing royalties from my novel published online Bloomington Indiana
I paid them to publish my first novel in 2003. It was published with Print On Demand technology, which means the book is formatted on a computer and each book is just printed as needed. I wanted to take the venture just to see how my fiction might sell as it is advertised on Amazon.com. What happened was, that within less than twelve months, the book began to take off, selling in over one hundred web sites in several different countries that have Amazon.com branches. I know this because I can see it on the internet. The book is about Jesus Christ and juxtaposes his life with that of Mary Magdalene. It is called April is the Cruellest Month by V.R. Peterson. Whenever anything sells on Amazon.com, the popularity of it causes many web sites to be created. AuthorHouse has never paid me any royalties, except for those I bought myself. This means they are also robbing the IRS by not reporting these sales. They have opened a big new office and offices in many countries within the first year my book came out. They have over twenty thousand authors under their contracts and yet, they say not one has sold more than one hundred copies. However, a company cannot possibly open offices in many countries and buy a big new office building if their products are not selling that well. It takes millions of dollars to expand as rapidly as they have stated they did. V.r. St. Leo, FloridaU.S.A.
Apr 07 2007
1st Book Publishers - AuthorHouse Publishing - Joseph Kercschbaum sent this letter concerrning my book original copyright certificate Ripoff Bloomington Indiana
I was told and is stated in my contract agreement with AuthorHouse that the original copyright certificate will be sent directly to me says sales rep. Rich Vanlue. But another lie given. I received a letter dated 02/20/2004 from Assistant Director of New Product Developement Joseph Kerschbaum stating that he sent me a copy of my book copyright certificate and he will keep original copyright certificate in my work folder for safety reason. If I needed copies to contact him. This itself is breach of agreement. Two weeks ago came online to check authors corner in AuthorHouse website if any books sales which I did far in between. I could not get because error message appeared password invalid. I asked for reset of pw. the secret question was asked I gave it and invalid message. Now frustrated I emailed support asking what was the problem that my answer was corrected. In subject I royalty payment that checks would be issued out on Feb. 28 2007. still no password. This type of indirect and incorrect responses I decided to discontinue my business with AuthorHouse because book salewas n one and I got royalty payment of total of 3 books, since publication of my book 2003. Faith Kula, HawaiiU.S.A.
Jun 02 2009
Authorhouse, Authorhouse Publishing fraudulent dealings Bloomington Indiana
I Unfortunately I decided to have Authorhouse publish my first attempt at writing. My book went on the internet just before last April. Because It was a book centered around the Bush administration and corporate America's control of the WhiteHouse. Along with their decades long attempt to destroy middleclass America. I thought the book would sell. According to my statements. Other than the books I purchased. Authorhouse hasn't sold one single copy. After checking out the websites that my book is being sold on. I found that several had used copies of my book for sale. My book is even for sale in the United Kingdom. I'd like to add, at a retail price much higher than we agreed on. I sent an email to Authorhouse and this is how they responded. The websites that indicate they have your book in stock and can ship within two to four days really does not have your book in stock. The websites that indicate that they have used copies of your book really do not have used copies of your book in stock. I don't know about you, but either all these websites are lying, or Authorhouse is pocketing my royalties. I've read several other complaints from authors who have experienced the same situation with this publisher. So, what should I believe? Are all the websites marketing my book lying? Are all the authors lying, or is it Authorhouse??? One complaint mentioned something I found very interesting. If all these books are not selling. How is it that Authorhouse has the millions of dollars necessary to buy up other publishing houses and expand as rapidly as they have? I believe it's time government take a close look at Authorhouse. The IRS should also be interested because companies like Authorhouse can write off so much more than the average taxpayer. Because of the years that Authorhouse has apparently been doing this. The Federal government stands to lose millions in tax revenue. By the way, if there's any lawyers reading this. I want them to know that I would gladly accept the chance of joining in a class action suit. Impact brooksville, FloridaU.S.A.
Mar 09 2009
Authorhouse Asked to desist from selling my book and they still are selling it via internet and bookstores London Office And Indiana
I've Instructed Authorhouse in writing on the 10th December, to remove my book title 'Why Can't I Speak' from the marketplace immediately. I also instructed Authorhouse to desist from selling my book via the Internet or making the book available to any other booksellers / agents. Authorhouse advised me that I had total rights on this book as I paid for its creation and production. However, Authorhouse have failed to comply with my request and later sent me an email to say that I have to sign 'Author Cancellation Form' I had also requested written confirmation that Authorhouse have complied with this request. I wrote them the same email on the 10th of December of 2008 and this was not been done. However, I found Authorhouse representative very rude and cutting in London office. Initially, I was told that I only paid for it's creation and that it would be print on demand and if I wanted to make the book available to bookstores that i would have to pay for a separate package. I was on standstill when I read that the book seems to be available abroad and was wondering who is pocketing the money on this. Help? Barbara Dublin 8Ireland Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Publishers Business Services
Entity: London Office And Indiana USA, Nationwide