AUTHORHOUSE UK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: authorhouse uk

There may be more reports for "authorhouse uk"

For more results perform a general search for "authorhouse uk"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jul 19 2014
AuthorHouse UK AuthorHouse Publishing Be Warned of AuthorHouse new Terms and Conditions Bloomington Indiana
Be warned new and old authors if signing up with Author House. READ the Terms and Conditions word for word. Issue has been raised that Author House has stated in their latest Terms and Conditions that they will PUBLICALLY display all personal/private information supplied to Author House by the Author.Clearly this is going against Data Protection Act and what will they achieve by doing this - make money by abusing privacy laws.....? They email the details and ask you to just click the box, no need to print - hoping that Authors will just accept the T&C without reading.....Authors need publicity, but do you really want ALL your personal/private details displayed to the world...? And NEVER, EVER take their word for anything - ALWAYS make sure whatever you agree to you have it in writing - cos they wills cam you and rip you off in nayway possible - they may be teh cheapest initially on their packages - but if you dont clarify teh details you will be riped off.Talking from experience - except thanks to prior reading to other Author posts I kept my guard and read all the details and made sure all agreed was then put in writing and not get ripped off...and I too hope my post will help you all to be extra vigilant.
Jan 03 2013
AuthorHouse Read Before Signing With AuthorHouse Internet
My experience with AuthorHouse was a costly nightmare. As a matter of policy, AuthorHouse won't disclose the royalty rate it will pay authors or the estimated publication cost of a book, even when asked directly. Royalty rates can't be found on their website and employees wouldn't disclose them when I asked. I was told by AuthorHouse that this type of basic information cannot be provided until after your book is formatted. HERE IS THE CATCH: buried in Schedule A of the AuthorHouse contract is a cancellation policy that says the author is responsible for 75% of the publishing package you signed up for once formatting STARTS! Only after the formatting began was I told the royalty rate was LESS than 10% (for comparison, this is not even half of what CreateSpace offers) and the book's price (which AuthorHouse sets) was so much higher than its competitors it made the book unmarketable. Other publishing companies will provide you an estimated price and an estimated royalty BEFORE you sign up. AuthorHouse, on the other hand. requires you commit to 75% of the deal before telling you the bad--and costly--news.
Feb 28 2012
Authorhouse Author Solutions BREACH OF CONTRACT , Internet
Authorhouse claims that a writer can receive a refund, minus $300, for publishing packages, providing your book has not gone to publishing yet.  After hearing their pricing structure, I elected to discontinue my association with Authorhouse, which I did in writing via email per their request.  I was told I would receive a refund of $1199 withing 6-8 business days.  However, after 8 business days with no refund, I began to contact the appropriate parties at Authorhouse with nothing but a run-around! 12 days and counting! Authorhouse continues to pass me off to different employees that do not answer their phone, or return messages. AVOID AUTHORHOUSE!!!  AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!!
Sep 07 2010
Authorhouse Royalty Ripoff Bloomington, Indiana
  To my utter misfortune, I became acquainted and started to use the services offered by 1stBooks publishers now known as Authorhouse, and published my first two books in 2003. At the time, I detected no problem with their services and accepted that being my work was academic, would not sell many copies. I decided to publish my third book with them, a large 2 volume edition in 2008, and due to the reviews and publicity received, and the professors that contacted me personally, I became fully aware of the university libraries and public libraries who processed my work into their establishments, or were interested in my work. However, I noticed the first major discrepancy in their promises was that if I turned my manuscript in within a certain time frame, I would receive fourteen free copies of my work when it was printed. I e-mailed my text, and mailed my contract via snail-mail two weeks before the deadline, I know it arrived on timeI live in Europe, and mail does not take longer than 4 to 8 days to arrive in the US, however, they could not honour the free copy agreement as they hadn't received the contracts on time. They never mentioned the agreement included receiving the contracts, just the manuscript. I received just my usual free review copy of each volume. I decided to let the matter go. Then, they have a very careless attitude with other aspects of their services. For example, their Press Wire program that sends your Press Release electronically to 14,000 media outlets. Where did I find my academic books being promoted? In the financial sections of these media outlets, and not to my target audience found in the academic, history, biography, or even literature, areas. (I also discovered my university level academic book on classical music categorised as a children's book.) However, the major problems developed with royalty accounting. I began keeping a record of the copies available of my new two-volume work at Amazon US, UK, Canada, and their Marketplace vendors. (This is practically the only way you can discern how many books may be selling in the public domain.) Considering this is Print On Demand, when a number of available copies drops, you can expect it to be a sale since stores have no reason to keep raising and dropping the numbers unless they make a sale and then re-list the book. (For the record, I withdrew all my publications from Authorhouse June 14th 2010.) Authorhouse's numbers were way below the daily tallies I kept from the Amazon numbers, they only reported between 10% and maybe up to 20% of the sales on any given quarter. Today for example, I received the worst report yet: they reported only 1 copy of Volume One sold in the second quarter (April 1 to June 14th, the time I withdrew my publications from them), and only 3 copies for Volume 2. According to my numbers from the Amazon rankings and marketplace sellers in the US, Canada and UK: 28 copies of Volume 1 sold, and 27 of Volume 2. Therefore they have reported only 4% of the sales, and they obviously are pocketing the rest. And this does not include other sales that may have been made through other sellers like Barnes and Noble, etc. However, there is no way to be compensated for these discrepancies, Authorhouse demands you provide receipts of all sales as proof of your claimhow on earth do you track such receipts? Authorhouse knows it's an impossibility. Of course, Nielsen Book Scan offers sales report services, but you cannot use them to reclaim royalties, or display or disclose your sales report to any third party as Nielsen deems such action a breach of trademark confidentiality and would possible incur a lawsuit. The simplest answer would be to cancel all contracts with Authourhouse, but this is not as easy as they make it out to be. To date, they continue to reassure me my books are no longer in print, but as I have discovered today (September 7), they are still listed with UK wholesale distributors as available within 5 days as Print on Demand, so they are technically still available by Authorhouse illegally. 1st Books / Authorhouse in my estimation is the most disreputable company allowed to carry on a business offering a sham service to the public, robbing authors of the fruits of their labours. Surely they are required to have a business license to operate as all other businesses? How can any state issue a license and continue to allow such a rogue business like this to continue? They are operating on such a large scale, and if they are doing this to every author, then one must consider the possibility they are committing grand larceny on a massive scale. They claim to have thousands of authors with their company. Authors Beware: if you are considering publishing your book using Print On Demand, stay well away from this company. Even if they paid all the royalties, they do little or nothing to help promote your work, but expect you to pay additional hundreds and even thousands for various promotion packages that provide little if no results. For those of you poor authors who now hold a contract with Authorhouse publishing your work, my sympathies go out to all of you.
May 09 2010
'authorhouse' Eugene Hopkins. Tim Davies, Dean Shah Internet
AUTHORHOUSE  ILLEGAL  SCAM  UNCOVERED. Last year Tony Liddicoat sacked 'authorhouse publishing company' who he had paid handsomely for publishing his book, Five Bells ~ Job Done.  A  Divers Story.     During his association with them  he  published his book which became very well received and  reviewed  by over 25 major journals around the world. The  RRP of the book was 9.90. For each book sold he received  1,88. Authorhouse kept the remainder,[8. 11] This went on for over a year before he realised something must be wrong. When serious outlets asked to sell the book, they were told by 'authorhouse' that they had to pay the RRP,  which of course meant they could not earn any money at all. He  learnt about the outlets discount for  new books which range between 35% and  65% of the  RRP. Tony Liddicoat was informed by 'authorhouse' that if he wished for his books to be sold by major outlets then there was  a fee payable,[approx 500 annually, for each outlet,!]]He could not afford to do this and continued being paid  the 1,88 per copy,  During this time he was lied to, his private mail was intercepted and opened and  his  requests for clarification to 'authorhouse ' were ignored.He then re printed his book with a new ISBN number and published the book himself. He is now the only legal publisher of his book and has been for over a year, However even though he received assurances from 'authorhouse' that they would  stop selling and supplying the book, his books were still being  printed,advertised and sold without his knowledge  or consent. He realised this when he received unexpected 'royalties' [ in itself a rarity  without having to chase them] The royalties were for books sold by 'Amazon'who had been given the pdf file of the book by authorhouse, to print their own copies and sell them  on demand or when they wanted. [Without the Authors knowledge or permission ] The 'royalties' offered were the 1,88 per book. Which means that the cosy little arrangement between 'Authorhouse' and 'Amazon' where they print and sell their own copies and were quite happy to give the author 1.88 per copy and  keep the remainder for themselves. Now this is against the law. When he contacted 'authorhouse and asked what on earth is going on. he was told that it was human error and he has no cause for complaint as I had  been paid the pittance of 1.88 per book. This  information is being forwarded to the legal authorities in the UK and every blog site  known, enable the unsuspecting to know just how  'authorhouse 'operate. It is a scam and if you multiply this by the 60,000 authors they say they have 'published' then it is a huge sum. BE WARNED  ~ BE ADVISED. If any individual knows of a legal help hotline please get in touch.
Jan 05 2013
Authorhouse Author Solutions gross misrepresentation Bloomington, Indiana
Having previously published 5 books with McGraw Hill and Princeton University Press, I am not a novice in working with publishing houses. However, dealing with Authorhouse with my 6th book was by far my most frustrating, unproductive and disappointing interaction with a publishing company. After 6-months of exchanges with their incompetent, inexperienced, confused, and mismanaged personnel, I filed a claim in Multnomah County, Oregon Circuit Court and won a judgment against Authorhouse. On October 11, 2012 (Case # 120023259S) I was awarded a full refund of my monies, plus a fine and 9% interest levied against Authorhouse. After three months, they still refuse to pay the judgment against them. Now I am pursuing collections litigation against Authorhouse at their Bloomington, Indiana headquarters. The following is a recap of my Oregon court complaint against Authorhouse: 1. Authorhouse grossly misrepresented its technical capabilities and abilities of its personnel to produce a work product in a timely fashion and of acceptable quality. 2. Authorhouse staff repeatedly ignored directives and instructions given by Author. 3. Authorhouse repeatedly failed in its attempts to create a working document from a PDF-formatted manuscript provided by Author.  During the period of contract negotiations, Authorhouse made false claims and representations that a PDF-formatted manuscript provided by the Author would greatly enhance their ability to produce a book in a timely fashion and that would reduce the likelihood of errors. When, in fact, Author did provide Authorhouse with a manuscript in PDF-format, Authorhouse staff was incapable of utilizing a manuscript delivered in this fashion. 4. Authorhouse reneged on its commitment to allow Author to establish the retail price of the book. 5. The paperback version of the book produce by Authorhouse in May 2012 contained hundreds of print-quality flaws, rendering a work product  unacceptable to Author. 6. Authorhouse failed to produce a hardcopy version of the book with a cover that was of acceptable quality. 7. Authorhouse failed to produce an e-version of the book. Before you do business with Authorhouse, I suggest you access the Better Business Bureau website http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/ and note the 343 complaints registered against this company. Or, you can call the Indiana chapter of the Better Business Bureau at 317-488-2222.
7, Report #241945
Apr 02 2007
AuthorHouse still conducts business cunningly Bloomington Indiana
I received this today Faith, Thanks for your e-mail, hope my response finds you well. AuthorHouse is a self publishing company which means that you, the author owns the rights to the content of your book. I read the statement you put in red that is inside your book and see that is what it states. Joseph Kerschbaum is your author sales representative, he is the one who submitted the information which he why he reads agent. It does not mean that he owns any rights to your book at all. Because your book was first published by 1st Books, it will read 1st Books due to the ISBN number being tied to the publisher, which is also tied to your title. Please do not be concerned, AuthorHouse does not own the right to the content of your book. We own the formatting, and the cover - you own the right to the content. I hope this clears up any concerns. My rebuttal: By researching I discovered that I am not the only author who clearly sees the misrepresentation of services from AuthorHouse and continues to conduct business cunningly . You are insulting my intelligence and I don't appreciate anyone doing that. How can AuthorHouse own anything to my book when I paid for services to have my work or contents to be transform into a book, paid additional fee for customized back cover ? As far as the book cover, I design book cover yet AuthorHouse owns it? The format is what by adding page numbers and authors name because that is all the formatting done. Another issue is this, I have checked online and there are used books being sold. more than I got paid and have not receive a check for? Again tell me how can authorhouse owns anything of any authors books when we paid for service transforming into a book. This is not good business nor make no sense at all. Faith Kula, HawaiiU.S.A.
Aug 23 2007
Authorhouse Publishing Royalties Rip-Off Bloomington Indiana
Hi: I looked at the 2nd quarter statement. I was sure that the royalties are backwards. You guys are to receive the lesser amount from the sale of each book. It seems as if I am receiving the lesser amount. I no longer want to do business with Authorhouse Publishing. I want my book removed from the site and any affiliates of Authorhouse. If I find that the book has not been removed in an ample amount of time I will commence a lawsuit against Authorhouse. From todays date. Do not print or sell any of the title Longsuffering By Author Bryant S, Herbert. I am serving this e-mail as a request to stop doing business with Authorhouse Publishing. I find that the publishing companys practices are lesser then fair for authors and the contracts are bogus and misleading. It took me 4 efforts to get my book printed correctly and there are still multiple errors in the print. The pictures are very bad in the published document as well. I would like my book removed immediately from the website and all the other websites that I have found my book on. I dont want any dealings with this publishing company hence forth from this day August 23, 2007. Respectfully, Bryant APG, MarylandU.S.A.
May 22 2017
Authorhouse VERY poor quality product, over priced, dishonest, scam Nationwide
 I paid for authorhouse services before I knew what I was doing- the perfect candidate for a scam. Since then, I've learned a lot about self-publishing and would not make this mistake again. It so happens that I paid for the services four years before I finished my first book. I discovered they didn't format children's books the way I wanted so I researched further and decided to print my first book through IngramSpark. All self publishing companies have things that will be disappointing or frustrating for an indie author, and Ingram had theirs, but I think the quality of the product is far superior, and the cost is super low. I was happy with the finished Ingram product and was propelled to finish my second story just eight months later. This is when I decided to use the authorhouse package I paid for years earlier. My husband formatted both of my books. He has a graphic design background and a knack for researching everything needed to make something perfect. He also knew what was needed in order for the book to be printed. We kept asking for specs and my coordinator either didn't respond to my emails, or sent the most vague answers, so I had to email her four times before I finally got barely enough info for him to format my book. So the files were ready to go and gorgeous. I did all my own illustrations and I was so pleased with how he formatted everything. Authorhouse quickly approved the files and informed me my book would retail for 20.99!!!! What?! A paperback?? For $21?? I asked what my cost would be and they still haven't answered that question. Little background on my experience with Ingram. I was super disappointed with the cost of my book through Ingram and I had to make it that high or ice be paying them to print my book. But it was still within industry standards. 17.99 for a hardcover. Fair enough. Then I ended up finding another print company that would print them for 2.66 per book. I ordered 1,000 and the quality was gorgeous. Back to authorhouse, where my paperback was going to be priced at $21 a pop. I complained. They told me it was priced per page. I quoted industry standards and shared my comparisons and they didn't even answer my email. The book went to print. I just approved it because I felt their was little debating I could do and it was a package I'd already paid for so I thought I may as well see my book in print. It would also be on ebook so I thought maybe that would be redeeming. Then came the marketing and book signing designs. Granted, I'm an artist and so is my husband, and we design all of our own stuff... but these are supposed to be professionals so I expected a really decent design. It was awful. Embarrassingly awful. My image was sideways on the card and the design so basic it was clear no one tried to even make it acceptable. They repeated the design behind my design, so it was distracting and terrible. I emailed them the simplest corrections I could translate through email because I was so exasperated, but had no plans to use them in my marketing, they were that bad. Finally, I receive a copy of my book in the mail- long anticipated... the quality of the book looked like it was done on a home printer. Bear in mind that I had two great comparisons- both Ingram and the print company I had used, and this look like it was printed on a machine running out of ink or worse. The images were faded, grainy, and blurred on paper that was one step above newsprint. It was awful. Kinkos could've done a better job. I was furious. I don't know why I had any hopes for better after the quality of everything else. I am still in the process of trying to convince them their product is so below standard they should be embarrassed and they've had me talk to so many people that it's confusing who's who and what their status in the company is. They had me email them scans of the pages, and then tried to tell me the color was the same! I immediately disagreed and told them they should know better. I created those images on the latest technology with print true color, and shared with them my previous publishing experience and products. All they would do is tell me they would send me another copy, but I don't trust that their print on demand services to create a product that my customers would be happy with, especially for the outrageous price of $21. And they STILL have not disclosed what my royalties will be per book. I want a full refund. There are zero services that they offer worth paying $1000 for. They're in the business of scamming people who don't know any better like the naive person I was four years ago when I paid for this malarkey. You can pay Ingram $49 for all the same services minus authorhouse's awful marketing designs.
Jun 26 2012
authorhouse publishing authorhouse publishing well the company ripped me off as a client bloomington, Indiana
contracting with authorhouse  to self publish was the biggest mistake i ever made in my 59 years. they insisted i change the city location of my book i complied. they subtly kept on trying to extract more and more money out of me ,they sold me a fantasy an  sadly i bought into that. i lost  10.000 dollars publishing my book with authorhouse , in return i got some 50 dollars in royalties, and to this day  no accounting of any royalties or checks, authorhouse is an assemblyline scam and the federal trade commission should look into this.  they sold me a subcontracted valet service called cevado  technologies to create a website for me at an additional 3,600 dollars which did not generate one book sale. simply stated i want to join in on any class action law suit against authorhouse. tere grand scam here is to   tell their authors well it can take years and years for royalties or possible movie or tv contracts to come in, thats their shield of invisibility  from liability. authorhouse  is an illegal scam , the business should be shut down. after what hapened to me as one of there disgruntled client i am willing to testify in court against them.  dealing with the staff at authorhouse over the phone was very problematic indeed ,  sadly i was abused and re abused oer and over again by the author house staff there only concern is client numbers, not representing the interests of the clients. they were uncaring when my book had a viscous attack  on amazon.com and barnes and nobles.com  that hurt book sales too, they would not address that issue , i was never pre warned by authorhouse that  once my book hit the internet that there was a possibility that one bad book review could cripple my book sales forever , no author house never discloses that . simply stated the federal trade commission should investigate and shut down www.authorhouse.com  its a criminally corrupt and morally banctrupt business there in indianna,fact
Entity: bloomington, Indiana
Mar 25 2014
AuthorHouse AuthorHouse took $4,000 and never delivered anything Bloomington Indiana
AuthorHouse has stolen from me. I paid them $4,000 in late November, 2013 to edit my manuscript, and until this day they have not delivered anything. I filed a claim for credit with American Express, but the company responded that I had violated their cancellation policy. In other words, they claim that I cancelled a contract just because I was trying to get my money back!    Can someone tell me what are my choices at this point? Can they get away with keeping my money without delivering the services they promised to deliver? Is this not blatant theft? Thanks   O.E. Diaz
Mar 29 2007
AuthorHouse They not availiable knowing when they are caught in a lie Ripoff Bloomington Indiana
I called AuthorHouse today I asked for General Manager's name, person says there's different departments and different managers. I asked don't you have a senior manager to be the oversees those managers? He responsed with the same answer, then he asked what was this pertaining to? I said client and her book. Again he asked what department. I pick up he was doing the cat and mouse game. I said just give me all the managers name, He then asked me what department? I finally asked for the person I did not want to do business after my episode with catching him in a lie ... Eugene Hopkins. He came back on saying he was leaving that he could transfer me to Hopkins voice mail. I knew why too (screening calls) I said will he be in tomorrow he answered yes. So I try tomorrow and let you all know what happens. Gee talk about bad business AuthorHouse is top of my list. I never AuthorHouse gave in writing to have the rights to my book. I gave in writing I want all materials and original copyright sent to me and they fail to honor contract agreement. If it was the author who failed to honor contract or given word they would sue or burn you without a refund. Beware writer. Faith Kula, HawaiiU.S.A.
Feb 18 2011
AuthorHouse rip-off, scam, bait-and-switch, books, book, publisher, fraud Bloomington, Indiana
AuthorHouse is a SCAM. They use Bait-and-Switch tactics and downright lies. Stay away from them! My problem could have been worse.  I got out before getting seriously screwed - and will hopefully get my $$ back.  Here's the abbreviated version: So a salesperson by the name of Kathryn calls me after filling out an online form, tells me I can get my 1st photography book published by AuthorHouse for $1700 in a POD arrangement - and they'll throw in another book for free. (the standard arrangement these days, it seems) We discuss the arrangments in detail. # of images, # of pages, etc. No changes in price, no issues. So I sign up. Pay them 1/3 down & get a confirmation. Then a call from Jeff. Soon to be my best buddy in getting my book published. Yay! But wait! Jeff says I only get 50 images set for the package price. Anything over that is $10.00 each. NFW! That almost doubles the price of my book - and no one up till now has made a peep about extra charges. So days go by. I leave at least 6 messages for Jeff, his boss Steve, Kathryn (the initial liar I spoke with) and Kevin's assistant, Vicky. Every time I call, I'm told whomever I'm calling for is at lunch. No response to voicemails. No response to emails. Seems like as soon as I called them on their bait-and-switch tactics I was persona non grata. These people are clearly a complete rip-off and I wish I'd researched them more thoroughly. I recommend filing a complaint with the Indiana Attorney General if you feel they've screwed you. I have.
Mar 01 2011
Authorhouse publishing Company Athorhouse publishing Company is a Big RIP- OFF Bloomington , Indiana
In 2007-2008 I had books published with this company. I have only received 1 Royalty payment of $9.00. I was thinking that my books was not selling until people started tell me how they had ordered them. I have not received the rest of my Royalty payments! Authorhouse is a BIG, BIG disgrace to people that have worked so hard to make a dream(book)s come true. I'm calling them today and having my books removed from their hands. They are a RIP-OFF!
15, Report #762005
Aug 07 2011
Authorhouse Solutions Mr Kevin Weiss Eugene Hopkins Knowingly deceived me Bloomington, Other
Authorhouse pestered me to publish my book with them which I did, after publication serious errors were made by all the house which were eventually amended. Second publication appeared, shortly after its appearance I was contacted by Eugene Hopkins who knowingly led me to believe he was in the legal department. My book was about failures within the legal system in the UK, of professional negligence committed by my legal representatives, who had entered the wrong name on the original document headed Statement of Claim, and further causing my claim to be struck out as the time limitation had expired. I was informed by Eugene Hopkins they were withdrawing my book on legal grounds, and a refund was given. 12 months later discovered despite international Copyright my book was still being sold and the royalties were being pocketed by Author House,  I would suggest it is time for companies such as Authorhouse Solutions be closed immediately, they pretend to be publishers, offer you incentives merely to obtain your work, from which they receive a very nice income I retaining your royalties, better known as theft of publishers rights. Would suggest all those who have been exploited as myself Unite against this company and engage a top firm of International Solicitors/Lawyers to former Kitty to take on legally this company, of which I am prepared to head, anyone needing to contact me please do so.Roger
Entity: Bloomington, Select State/Province
Mar 29 2009
AuthorHouse Paid royaltie 3 times during the first 2 years after that no more . Bloomington Indiana
AuthorHouse paid me 3 royalties for the first 2 years. after that no more. It has been five years now. Raymond Rockford, IllinoisU.S.A.
Sep 18 2010
Xlibris/Authorhouse Not Reporting Royalties Bloomington, Indiana
I have a self-published book listed with Xlibris/Authorhouse, and according to their records my book is not selling.  Pertaining to this, I can accept the fact that my book might-not be selling.  But, what I have a problem with: is that a reader (outside the United States) made contact with me to express how much he had enjoyed reading my book.  For me, a red flag went up because-over the years-others had informed that they had purchased the book, also.  Yet, my royalty statement(s) did not indicate any sales.  Two years of this!  Finally, this year, I made contact with Xlibris to question my online royalty statement and I was told, What is listed online is the true amount of books sold.  With that, I asked about the missing $2.00 royalty that should have been posted as the result of the reader mentioned who had reported that he enjoyed the book.  Next, I was asked, How did he get the book?  I was asked this question because the rep did claim there was no record of the sale.  I did ask myself, If Xlibris is maintaining...no record of sale for that book purchased, how many other sales might there be that I don't know about?  On this same day, I spoke with another rep to request a sales statement.  (I was promised that the report would be sent to me via email.)  I am still waiting, Xlibris...  I-still-have the same email address. Two days later, something strange did happen.  When I checked my online royalty statement, there was that missing sale posted.  This spooked me to believe: all of the bad things I have read about Xlibris/Authorhouse might be true.  Stealing; changing sales reports and ignoring requests-as the request I had made for the sales report. The rep of Xlibris did tell me that they only handle sale-tracking for my book on Amazon.com. I did question who is in charge of tracking sales for the so...so many web pages my book is listed.  Xlibris said they would conduct an investigation because they didn't know about this, and it should not be.  (I did insist that they search the web to view what I did.)  My book is listed with the following book pages: E bay; E campus; Indiaplaza; QBD; Glendora Books; Abe; Books-A-Million; Tower; Nbcindia; CDWow; the Nile; Dealtime; Yasni; Play.com; Flipkart; Next Tag; Epinions; Buy.com; Books Express; Unread; Loot.co.za; Booksplus; Buecheride; Bol.it; Libreriauniversitaria; Biblio; Booktopia; Library Thing; Agitateur de Curiosite; Krisistomus; BookFinder 40; CDON,com; Scribbly Gum Books, and Book Army-just to mention a few.  I don't have an issue with my book being listed with these pages, but Xlibris is saying, It isn't so.  If there are no sales, why are used copies of my book posted.?  Is there something I am not understanding?  And according to Biblio, there are 30 new copies in stock.  Also, with Ecampus, my book is up for rent.  And the odd thing with that is: Xlibris is not listed as the publisher.  (Another publisher is listed.)  Xlibris, I am still waiting for that report... In conclusion, my book is listed on the web-threading from Japan; Africa; Italy; France and Ireland.  And Xlibris/Authorhouse is reporting not-one-single-sale!!!! I read a complaint-once-where the CEO of a publishing house had stated, We can't resolve these royalty issues, because the authors won't list their names.  They must be making up stories and that is why they hide.  Here I am, Baby...Darlene Black/Necromancy   It is..what it is!! *My book has several errors, but Xlibris created them.  When I had asked Xlibris to correct the errors, they wanted money to do so.
18, Report #1202793
Jan 19 2015
AuthorHouse AuthorSolutions, iUniverse In violation of RICO laws for racketeering in the USA Bloomington Indiana
This company presented as a wonderful asset for the first half of my experience: hard working minions in the Philipines, most likely being paid nothing and working 14 hours a day.  It then progressed to total rip off: Pressure to sell me books while telling me I would get only a few hardcovers and soft covers.  Telling me I was getting a HUGE discount on additional books.  Then shipping me more books than I have space for (and they're still coming). Misrepresentation, gross fraud: telling me I was chosen because my book was so unique, so wonderful, to be reviewed in the sixth (LAST SLOT AVAILABLE) review of books for Reader's Digest a worldwide publication. I then discovered that Reader's Digest filed for bankruptcy in 2013 and stopped all publication except for North America; also, the only review of books is done by a freelancer and includes only books on the NY Times best seller list, or famous published authors.  This is called FRAUD and, in the United States of America, deliberately representing a service which is NOT actually available, and taking or soliciting money for that service, is called RACKETEERING and is punishable under the Federal RICO law.
Entity: Internet
Mar 30 2017
Authorhouse publishing Thieves, Frauds, Criminals.... Fraud, Deceptive practices, Dishonesty, no Customer Service Bloomington Indiana
Do not use Authorhouse Publishing for anything. Absolute thieves, rip off artists, not even artists, just thieves and frauds. This company will take your money and each and every time I attempt to order copies of my own book it is a nightmare. I cannot get copies of my own book. This company is a 100 % fraud. Report them to your local BBB, Chamber of Commerce, and pareticularly the Attorney General's Office in the state where you reside. The company is a cpomplete fraud. DO NOT USE AUTHORHOUSE and BEWARE of THE OTHER WEBSITES and ADDRESSES THEY ALSO OPERATE UNDER.     Stop, Look, and Listen, becuase love has the power to change.    Mr. Mark R. Durham, Sr.
Dec 17 2010
AuthorHouse Iuniverse AuthorHouse is a money-laundering scam that was found guilty of fraud in a US Court Bloomington, Indiana
AuthorHouse formerly 1st Books, is a notorious vanity publisher. This company is a bogus scam and was found guilty by a US circuit judge in 2006 of committing fraud. Do not give this company your money, they have appalling distribution, inept management, fraudulent accounting practices, bad customer service and, as the Publishers Weekly article shows below, AuthorHouse is completely corrupt and fraudulent. The US Goverment needs to close down the AuthorHouse SCAM immediately. ***************************************************************Publishers Weekly Article: AuthorHouse Ordered to Pay Up by Claire Kirch, PW Daily 8/8/2006The Kansas district judge presiding over the defamation lawsuit brought by romance writer Rebecca Brandewyne against AuthorHouse ordered Friday that the POD subsidy publisher pay Brandewyne $200, 000 in punitive damages. Brandewynes co-plaintiffs in the suit, her parents, also were awarded punitive damages of $20, 000 each.This past May, a Wichita jury found AuthorHouse guilty of publishing a book, Paperback Poison, in November 2003 by Brandewynes ex-husband that libeled her. The jury awarded Brandewyne $230, 000 in actual damages (PW Daily, May 16).In his 14-page decision, Judge Jeff Goering asserted that AuthorHouse acted towards the plaintiffs with wanton conduct, in publishing Paperback Poison, despite the fact that Gary Brock, the books author, had informed AuthorHouse during contract negotiations that iUniverse had rejected the manuscript on the grounds of possible libelous content. **************************************************************** Unfortunately, I learnt too late that AuthorHouse is toxic, and one of the nastiest scams I've dealt with in my life.My hell with Authorhouse started on 24 May 2010 through a misleading website called findyourpublisher.com, which is a bogus fraud site funnelling unsuspecting authors towards AuthorHouse and their partner scams. My first mistake - I gave them my contact details. I was conned into paying them around $1000 to publish my first book which I was told would be available at Amazon. The result was a shoddy, poorly produced crappy book which no reader would waste their time with. The book is still not available at Amazon or anywhere - I just get excuses. Authorhouse is a scam, and they have stolen my dollars and succeeded in rubbishing of my work, that has left me deflated and completely disillusioned.AuthorHouse should change their name to AuthorScam. These fraudsters have turned fraud into an artform, and it's time for government agencies to start taking a look at AuthorHouse and their partner companies, iUniverse, Trafford and Xlibris.If you're a writer reading this: this is your wake up call. AUTHORHOUSE IS A SCAM. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY.Close Down. Flush them down the toilet, AuthorHouse is truly excrement.
Jan 19 2013
Authorhouse publishing company 1st Books previously Authorhouse selling my book on Amazon, Barnes, for 20 years without my knowledge This is same as http://www.ripoffreport.com/book-publishers/authorhouse/authorhouse-publishing-scam-b-c27f2.htm post. Bloomingdate, Internet
same as complaint  -  http://www.ripoffreport.com/book-publishers/authorhouse/authorhouse-publishing-scam-b-c27f2.htm    Wrote novel in early 90's and self published (ha ha) with 1st Books, which apparently became Authorhouse. I purchased 100 copies in 2003 of my own book, with my copyright noted.  I recently saw 12 copies of my new book, The Evilment by Barry Spatz, being sold.  I have never given permission let alone received any royalities from this book, but it is now being sold world wide, Amazon, Barnes, and in Europe.  I have no idea as to what is going on. Is this theft, intellectual properties transgression, or what?  Amazon was emailed but is not responded.  Ditto Authorhouse.  Anyone know what I should do? Thankyou. Barry Spatz, (((ROR redacted))) CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Bloomingdate, Internet
Mar 31 2007
AuthorHouse Joesph Kerschbaum What part of this copyright law below AuthorHouse is honoring? Bloomington Indiana
Another day AuthorHouse continues to skirt issues. I hope by me reporting AuthorHouse bad business relationship with a customer/author like myself, preventing to encounter bad business. Then all is not lost gain to not get rip off? This is on the first page in my book. What part of this copyright law below AuthorHouse is honoring? Again, in my contract (was not updated by AuthorHouse) states that the author is the sole owner and rights and permissions should be authors name and mailed from the U.S. Copyright Office directly to my home address. This is what I understood, states also in my contract agreement, paid in full! The copyright copies I have, the info in sections 7 and 8 are incorrect. It shows 1stBook address and Joseph Kerschbaum signs as agent, definitely falsifications and very cunningly done by AuthorHouse 2003 by Faith Amor. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission from the author. ISBN: 1-4107-6292-0 (e-book) ISBN: 1-4107-6293-9 (Paperback) Library of Congress Control Number: 2003093859 Faith Kula, HawaiiU.S.A.
Oct 26 2012
AuthorHouse Publishing Scam Bloomington, Indiana
I published my book with Author House in 2004.   I have not received any royalty payments from the date of publication till date and over the years I have seen my book being sold all around the world at different prices in new and used copies, when I asked Author House why, they came up with different reasons and maintained that I have not been making sales.   Author House also claimed that my book expired in 2006 because I did not pay the channel access fee for that year.   This year my brother- in -law purchased from the UK two copies of my book in  new copies and I have the receipt in my possession!   I would like to join other victims to file a Class Action Suit against Author House.   I also feel it is time that the Attorney General investigates Author House. It is pretty obvious that they are fraudulent, ripping authors off their royalties and discouraging creativity. All you have to do is take a look at the number of complaints against Author House on the web which is piling by the minute because no one is taking any action to stop their scam. This scam if unchecked would grow and eventually become expensive to every one
Mar 28 2007
AuthorHouse Publishing Company ripoff no inventory of books in retailers channel also company lost original copyright Bloomington Indiana
I been treated badly and always received indirect or none response to my questions like these (I couldn't send attachmentson here but if someone contacts me I have them) Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 5:59 PM These are two attachments that will clearly prove that AuthorHouse is in breach of contract agreement. Here is a letter from Joseph Kerschbaum stating that he has the original copyright certificate and will be kept in my folder with AuthorHouse.for safety reason I been told that AuthorHouse does not have original copyright certificate. This itself is a breach of contract. Another issue that I face is the form of cancellation you sent me clearly states to select one of the three choices. I checked the first choice >>> cancel fully my contract with AuthorHouse. Last Friday I received a letter from Eugene Hopkins stating that any book in the retail channel will remain until sold. I did not choose the 3rd choice that coincides with Hopkins letter. Why is there any books out when service agreement is print on demand ? I visited stores sites that carries my book. Why have I not receive an inventory report with retailers names, how many books they carried and have sold? I'm extremely upset to discover Lighting Source Inc. is listed as publisher of my book but this was done without my knowledge. Who sold this company the rights to published my book? I am the sole owner of book and demand my book REMOVE from all retail stores. ---in closing Faith Kula, HawaiiU.S.A.

Showing 1-25 | Showing Page 1 of 165