AVANGATE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: avangate

There may be more reports for "avangate"

For more results perform a general search for "avangate"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 14 2016
Avangate Avangate Do not buy from Avangate Redwood City Internet
I purchased an email harvester from Avangate and their reseller, AtomPark. They never told me that it only worked on a Windows computer. So i had to buy a cheap windows computer so i could try to use it. But they blocked the access to my account because i opened a dispute on Paypal to try to get my money back since I didn't want to have to buy a Windows device to use it. But they ended up getting all the money anyway from Paypal, and Paypal closed the case in September 2015. So i wrote Avangate and Atompark back. Please remove the blocked access. The case with Paypal was closed in Sept, 2015. But they will not give me access to it. No matter what. Each time, no matter what, they won't remove the block to let me access what i paid for.  Even after Paypal wrote them messages explaining that the issue was closed, Avangate & Atompark got the money, they still will not let me access the software. I warned them numerous times, let me get into what I paid for or I will file a rip off report. They still refused. Avangate says we only sell the software, we don't deal with technical issues. So contact Atompark directly.  So I go to Atompark, they say we will remove the block if Avangate tells us to. So I go back to Avangate and say tell Atompark to remove the block. Avangate says we don't handle things like that, please contact AtomPark. Back to Atompark............Over and over. Same response. Been going on since September 2015. So enough is enough. I warn any consumer out there. DO NOT EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM AVANGATE OR ATOMPARK SOFTWARE. They are a scam. They have phone numbers that only go to voicemail with a message that always plays, or even sometimes says the mailbox is too full. They will scam you out of your money and never let you access the account. DO NOT BUY FROM AVANGATE OR ATOMPARK.
Jul 08 2015
avangate Avangate is a huge scam! Greenwood South Carolina
I got a call  from man saying he was from Avangate Anti virus & my computer was infected.  Hung up on him, found Avangate web site on my computer, & called them.  Was immediately transferred to a rep who pressured me into buying a 5-year $500-plus contract.   Shortly after that, I got another call, saying my computer had been hacked by Russians, & they were getting ready to pull $46,00 from my accounts.  Stupidly, I let him take control of my computer; he typed a lot of facts to prove how I had been hacked, then worked up to selling me a Microsoft Advanced Sonic Wall antivirus contract - for only $6899.99.  I had to finally hang up on him, because he argued every caution I mentiioned I called back to Avangate, asked for a refund of my mooney. After much argument, the woman said I would get a refund - MINUS $150 for 'set-up fee.' I told her I had contacted my credit card co. to dispute the charge. She said In that case, I cannot give you a refund. It will go to our legal dept. Every rep I was transferred to spoke loudly & rapidly in a heavy Mid. Eastern acccent.
Entity: Greenwood, South Carolina
Dec 06 2016
Avangate, Avangate Services, LLC Bogus Internet Security Nationwide
I was scammed by AVANGATE and my ultimate goal is to see these low-lifes prosecuted to the full extent of the law. They only 'got' me for $229. (their senior price for their bogus internet security.) But when they tried to scam me for $2,600. for 'NETWORK security because ahacker had infiltrated my computer, I pulled the plug and wouldn't buy into what they were selling. The result was this James Carter spewing a string of vile and heinous words at me, the likes of which I had never in my life been a recipient.  It started with my phone call to Avangate to check on two emails I received from System Mechanic saying that my account had been activated for another year. Since I didn't give permission to System Mechanic or IOLO to do anything with an account I was unaware I even had, I became concerned and called Avangate to see if they could help me.  He said he needed to see the email and couldn't help me until I would allow him access into my computer. I gave him that permission and I asked if Avangate had anything to do with System Mechanic or IOLO and he flat out said, NO which I now believe to be false. He told me to pay no attention to those emails, he was taking care of them and then proceeded to show me how many warnings were on my computer with regard to hackers obtaining my private information.  Obviously, I was frightened by that believing I had purchased Avangate security, how could this have happened?  He told me that the hackers were into my computer network and that to get them out of there I had to buy a NETWORK security package. He proceeded to say I could purchase this package from Amazon and brought Amazon up on the screen to show me the cost would be $3,600. OR I could purchase this same package through Avangate and get their 'senior' rate of $2,600. I told him that was out of the question and he said that if I didn't buy it, as soon as he got out of my computer the hackers, who are smarter than him or me or anybody would be back into my computer and they had access to my social security number and bank accounts, etc.  I said I would have to take my chances with that and he became irate. That's when he started calling me names and saying, as I said before, these awful, vile words to me. I was such a stupid bi**h he wanted to rub his d**k in my stupid face!!!! He hung up on me and called back a few minutes later all calm and again tried to talk me into buying that network security package, and I still refused and he hung up on me again, but he would not release the control of my computer back to me. Instead he some how had all these flashing red and green lights appearing on the screen with numbers and letters flashing.  It was very frightening.  Then he called me back and I told him to 'GET OUT OF MY COMPUTER, NOW!!! He kept insisting that it was the hackers doing that, and even as we were speaking they were getting into my bank accounts. I told him that HE was the hacker and to release my computer back to me.  He called me more names and told me to never call Avangate again!! He remained in my computer for about another 10 minutes or so, then finally returned control back to me.  I AM LIVID with this jerk and I want to see this bogus company prosecuted. I don't know if calling the FBI would help or not.  I have not been able to get in contact with a Sheriff in my town regarding this.
Entity: Nationwide
Jul 04 2012
Avangate IObit Unauthorized Billing, Internet
I made an online purchase with this company 3 years ago. I wasn't overly impressed with the software. Last year they sent me an email asking if I wanted to renew. I told them NO. They proceeded to bill my credit card anyway. After several emails they reimbursed my account. I told them to take me off their list.  A few days ago I received another email thanking me for my order. I immediately wrote them back to dispute this. They ignored me and proceeded to DOUBLE- bill my credit card.  I have reported this to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center, contacted my credit card provider to cancel the card and to be reimbursed for the charges. It's time for the government to toughen up on fraud if they wish to proceed to the 'cashless society'. Don't buy anything from Avangate.
Nov 22 2012
Avangate Billing early and often. Internet
This concerns Advanced System Care Pro from iobit.com and billed through Avangate. I have used this program for several years and it seems to work well. I received confusing notices from them concerning renewal whch led to my finding that for 2011 and 2012 (as far back as I could go) they had billed multiple times and months before my year subscription had run out. The program should have cost under $10 and they billed me almost $36 for 2011 and so far for 2012 the same. In addition, because of the confusing email renewal letters, I authorized credit card payments of $9.97 and $14.97 (they told me the first payment had not gone through) so if both go through I would have actually paid $60.86!!!
Entity: Internet, Internet
Aug 10 2013
Avangate Kaspersky ORGANIZED CRIMINAL - Netherlands Internet
We purchased Kaspersky licenses and they were unable to fulfill the order.  When we called them they claimed they sent us the e-mail and should check our SPAM box still nothing.  We then called them again and they said they would send a note to their technical department still nothing.  We sent multiple e-mails to their support and still no response.  We asked for a refund and they said they can not offer a refund that will have to come from Kaspersky.  Kaspersky said that we need to go back to the reseller.Do not do business with them they are criminals.  I am filing a criminal report against them as well.
Entity: Select State/Province
Aug 04 2013
AVANGATE SYSTEWEAK computer fix
 In July 2013 I was happing computer problems with my laptop crashing a couple of Times On my laptop computer this tabs started to appear to fix your computer. You have many errors.  Anyway, FIX IT.   So I did and went through the sysmtem they were providing.  But it was very stranger because they went into my computer. They said that I would have problem free for the next 4 years guarantee. I am so nervous about this report because I have had problems since with all kinds of popups.  I have been searching and read what others have had and now I am scared.  I am using another computer to make this report.  I have talked with a man in India with the name of Netesh Kumar. My order number is 188827537.  I was charged on my credit card $249.by Avangate BV Amsterdam NLD. Systweak 18807999570 DEU charged my credit card $39.90. My laptop is still has problems now more then ever. I am very concerned and I want a refund.  I feel that they have invaded my laptop computer and am afraid of what will happen with they having all my information with my credi card. I have received the bill from my credit card and I am giving you the info in this email that appears on my credit card.
Entity: Akron, Ohio
Apr 25 2013
avangate Takes Money Early and is rude customer service, Internet
Avangate attempted to take from my bank account a day early. When I called about this, the woman was rude and hostile. When I asked for a supervisor, she claimed there was no supervisor and no other workers even though the company has many employees. I have yet to see if I have an overdrawn fee from my bank. I canceled the order immediately but they were rude and had the all time worst customer service I have ever experienced.
Sep 11 2014
Avangate - impossible to get refund Internet
I requested a refubd on 08/17/14. I was told refund was being proocessed & I requested a tracking number for the check. I was never given one & after many request I was told that a check was mailed & I should receive by 08/09/14 - a date that was NINE days prior to my purchase/refund request & 5 weeks prior to the date the email was sent.   They are a HORRENDOUS company to deal with & never gave a tracking number - just check is in the mail
Sep 07 2014
Avangate Slim Drivers Bait and Swtich Internet
I foolishly agreed to buy the Avangate upgrade on my Slim Drivers  program.   After much discussion and difficult to understand personnel, I finally agreed to let them do a diagnostic remotely and I bought the services for $199.99.  I told them I could not afford that.  They told me not to worry, I would not be charged until the 30 day grace period was over. After being on the phone for the better part of an hour and half, my computer was fixed.  I think it does perform better, but I have to wait and see.  I looked at my bank account on line that night after our conversations (numerous) and found they had charged my account the full amount.  When I called to complain that this was not the agreement, the best they could offer was reducing the price by $100.  A lot of the problems stemmed from the language barrier and poor customer interface - techs were arrogant when i asked questions so I should have known I guess.   I am stuck with this now and can only hope that my computer improves.  So far it seems to have, I don't know. Please beware when dealing with these people.
Feb 22 2015
Avangate Spymaster Pro Fake Software Internet
I  s software spymasterPro online from a company(Avangate.com),i was sent an email with a download link for the software,only to discover that the download link was fake and would only take me to www.spymasterpro.com where a message was waiting which said the page you are looking for does not exist.I lost my money(€85.95) to these fraudsters.I hope they can be stopped so other people won't fall victim.These are the links to their websites- http://www.spymasterpro.com,http://www.avangate.com/support
Mar 21 2014
Avangate B.V. Bitdefender Auto-renew Scam internet
I had signed up for Bitdefender anti-virus software after looking at reviews that said it was the top software. What they don't tell you is that they will try and scam you out of money. With four months still remaining on my 12 month contract, they accessed my PayPal account and proccessed a renewal. When I called them about this, they claimed that I had checked an auto-renewal box when I initially signed up with them. This is a false claim on their part. They told me that I would receive an emil from them within 48 hours correcting this situation. Not feeling secure with them any longer, I have filed a dispute with Paypal, in the hopes that I will not be ripped off.
Jun 17 2012
Avangate Avangate*Bitdefender Avanquest Rip-Off Scam Played by Avangate*Bitdefender to extend payments beyond requested service period. Internet
Avanquest Fix-It Utilities software was purchased from a Tiger Direct store in 2010 and insalled on one of the three computers that I have, the software was activated online in March 2010... after a period of a year I made a motherboard and operating system change on this computer and upon restart  reinstalled the Avanquest disk that had been purchased in2010, at this time the activation message on the computer states update and I select no...later on my April   Visa card bill  I get a $49.95 charge from Avangate .    I disputed this billing with my credit card company and recieved a copy of Avangate*Bitdefender letter claiming automatic annual recurrent billing delivered to glyde9991@comcast.net (which is not the computer e-mail address that it was installed on. )   After checking the internet I have found at least one other occassion that these people have used this scam!
14, Report #1193437
Dec 05 2014
Avangate IOBIT Fraudulent Charges on my credit card Redwood California
I received a message in my Email thanking me for ordering IOBIT and the charge to my credit card. I sent back a message saying that though I had ordered their product three years ago I no longer used it (Switched from PC to MAC)  much less reordering it. They billed my Discover card anyway not once but twice on the same day for the same product. I had difficulty getting it off the Discover card because somehow in spite of my dispute they somehow convinced Discover that the charge was legitamate.
May 29 2014
Avangate*Absolute.com Rip off LOJACK Company Internet, California
This comapany automatically chareged my credit card for  a LOJACK system on a compter that i cancelled the system on when I sold the laptop several months ago.  They said they would cancel but did not do so.    They are a Rip Off
Jun 27 2014
Avangate & Spyapp LLC Impossible to get a refund Internet
I am tired of  screwing with theses two companies. First off, Spyapp LLC is a company that could careless about the customer or the  satisfaction of the customer.  I tried to install the software that supposedly is top of the line. It never correctly installed on my device and a representative of spyapp was short with me and in a round about way, made a comment that I may have not been smart enough to use it. F*** you Dave you know who you are. Second, the company Avangate, a reseller for Spyapp. This company seems to be in the same category when it comes to customer service.  You suck! I have an email from them to Spyapp LLC pretty much asking if it would be ok for me to get a refund.  Really?  Refunding my $19.99 should have been a smart and easy choice. But instead,  they have another pissed customer who writes true and accountable reviews of the way they conduct business. I wonder how many people they set back and laugh at?  Knowing they have screwed  uninformed people like me.
Aug 22 2014
Avangate Thieves No keys, trials crash don't install avangate.com Internet
Their trial software was interesting so I paid $44.95 for the suite. No keys were provided and I may have added malware to my system that got by my Kaspersky protection. It's my own fault, I was in a hury and didn't check Avangate reputation. I'll contest the charge (charges??) and maybe their clearing house will get the message.
Jun 22 2016
Avangate deceptive, lied, not following through with svc Redwood City CA
I requested a pc cleaner and harddrive clear for 29.95, they took my purchase order and then told me I would have to wait for an email to get my reference number.  When the e-mail came I clicked on a website, that brought me to a telephone conversation, the gentleman said I had signed up to protect 5 computers for 2years , which cam to a total of 579.00.  I hung up the phone, they kept calling back and I would not answer.  They eventually reached my husband and needless to say that went over like a lead balloon.  I still would not finish any agreement.  The next day I called back, and with some not so nice words, I wanted my money back. I spoke to a man who was a billing supervisor, Sanjit, he said he would give me a 500.00 refund and it should show uo in the next 10 t0 12 days, with a confirmation #of 10707. This was May 29th, I have not received any money or any more contact.
Jan 05 2012
Avangate Avangate took funds from my bank account without my authorizing you Internet
Avangate took funds from my pay pal account without my authorizing From: service@paypal.nlDate: 1/4/2012 6:19:21 AMTo: CHALREY AKESTERSubject: You have authorized a payment to Avangate BV Avangate took funds from my pay palaccount without my authorizing them to do so. I purchased softwarefrom them well over a year ago and so they used my pay pal account toillegally with draw funds from my account and they refuse to replacethe money. Jan 4, 2012 03:19:20 PSTTransaction ID: 36P796387N793051XHello CHALREY AKESTER,You authorized a payment of $9.97 USD to Avangate BV (support@avangate.com) Your funds will be transferred when the merchant processes your payment. Any money in your PayPal account at that time will be used before any other payment source.To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.MerchantAvangate BVsupport@avangate.com+31 880000008Instructions to merchantYou haven't entered any instructions.DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmountAdvanced SystemCare Pro v5 (renewal)$9.97 USD1$9.97 USDSubtotal$9.97 USDTotal$9.97 USDPayment$9.97 USDCharge will appear on your credit card statement as PAYPAL *AVANGATE BVPayment sent to support@avangate.comInvoice ID: 10907879Issues with this transaction?You have 45 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.Questions? Go to the Help Center at: www.paypal.com/nl/help.Get verified - Pay from your bank account and you're protected against unauthorized payments sent from your PayPal account. Log in and click the Unverified link below your name.FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS ONLYCommissions and Fees incurred by sender: $0.00Rate of Exchange: The above exchange rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the spread is retained by PayPal. If and when the Recipient chooses to withdraw these funds from the PayPal System, and if the withdrawal involves a currency conversion, the Recipient will convert the funds at the applicable currency exchange rate at the time of the withdrawal, and the Recipient may incur a withdrawal fee.RIGHT TO REFUNDYou, the customer, are entitled to a refund of the money to be transmitted as a result of this agreement if PayPal does not forward the money received from you within 5 days of the date of its receipt, or does not give instructions committing an equivalent amount of money to the person designated by you within 5 days of the date of the receipt of the funds from you unless otherwise instructed by you.If your instructions as to when the money shall be forwarded or transmitted are not complied with, and the money has not yet been forwarded or transmitted, you have a right to a refund of your money.If you want a refund, you must mail or deliver your written request to PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l. & Cie, S.C.A - Socit en Commandite par Actions, Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxemburg, RCS Luxembourg B 118-349.Important Note: The Right to Refund claim process applies only to payments that have not been successfully transmitted to the recipient. With PayPal, almost all payments are transmitted to the recipient immediately, except for eCheck payments, and payments to non-PayPal members.Please do not file a Right to Refund claim if your payment has already been completed. If you have problems with a completed payment or need assistance settling a dispute with a seller, log in to your account and click Resolution Center at the top of the page.You can also click Help at the top right of any PayPal page for more information about the Resolution Center and filing complaints.Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.You can receive plain text emails instead of HTML emails. To change your Notifications preferences, log in to your account, go to your Profile, and click Account settings.Copyright 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.PayPal (Europe) S. r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.Socit en Commandite par ActionsRegistered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, LuxembourgRCS Luxembourg B 118 349PayPal Email ID PP120
Feb 26 2014
Avangate BV DO NOT pay with PayPal through Avangate! PayPal protects them when they don't deliver!
I had order software from BitsDuJour which uses Avangate as their payment processor.  I was supposed to receive a serial number for my purchase but I never received it.  Since Avangate was listed as the recipient of my payment, I inquired on the status of my product after three weeks of receiving no product.  They didn't even bother to respond.I gave them a few days and inquired again.  Still no response. At that point I had no choice but to file a claim with PayPal.  Their response via PayPal was to market it shipped with a tracking number of intangible.  Mind you they never even tried to contact me directly.After waiting through the PayPal process, it turned out that it was a total waste of time to make a claim because once they mark a product intangible if falls under PayPal's protection and you have zero recourse to make a claim through them.So these are big lessons learned.  1) PayPal will protect ripoff artists under the claim that their product is intangible. 2) NEVER order software through Avangate!  Only deal directly with a vendor using PayPal that is trustworthy but NEVER use Avangate as an intermediate between yourself and another vendor!It's really sad PayPal goes along with this but I've come to expect unscrupulous behavior from them.  I guess Avangate saw and opportunity through them...
Entity: Select State/Province
Jun 27 2015
Avangate/Bitdefender Avangate Trying to Collect Fees for Bitdefender Even After Being Toll NO Redwood City California
Who to report these sleesze balls to?  Avangate keeps trying to renew my Bitdefender Account for about $79.  Says I checked auto-renewal which I did not, since I never do. And then said I should log into or create a new account by clicking link provided.  I didn't even know who they were.  Not giving private info out.  I e-mailed them back told them not to renew anything, not signed up for auto- renewal, and who are you?  They e-mailed me back saying they handled all accounts for Bitdefender and other well known companies.  I said, no thanks, I will renew with Bitdefender directly which I did at a lower price.  Still they keep sending e-mails that they are going to charge my account for renewal and I should make sure my bank account or credit card is current.  I was pretty sure that my card wasn't so I didn't think it would probably go through, which it didn't. So then they sent me an e-mail - the day after I renewed with Bitdefender directly- saying there was a problem with my account and new Bitdefender couldn't be uploaded.  Too late!  I already did it without them.  However they left the impression that my new sign-up didn't go through.  They are really low lifes.  Keep pestering when you tell them to stop multiple times.  I will not renew with Bitdefender again next year if they are still associated with Avangate. I don't want to go through this again.  And I will let Bitdefender know too.
Entity: Redwood City, California
Jun 13 2014
Avangate, Avangate Financial Support Avangate is a company who try to represent another company. They ask me to make a money transfer to a bank in Amsterdam Internet
I recently sent a email to Privax, a known company who stand for HMA,  to ask them how i could pay them in a different way.  That's where Avangate came to email me to send money by making a transfer to Abn Amro Bank Amsterdam in some other details that i will not show here for security reason.  They keep on sending me emails, and they even tried to gain access to my paypal account on the behalf of Privax.  I made a complaint to Paypal and now Paypal investigate this company.  But in my complaint here, i just want to tell that Avangate keep on asking me to pay them by sending me emails two-three times a week. I consider them fraudulent. I've made some research about them and it seem that they allegate to stand for a lot of known internet services company.    Andre Québec city,  QC
Sep 05 2008
Avangate.com Avangate Or Aoamedia.com Identity stolen within 4 hours Unsure Internet
I purchased a program code online for a DVD ripper program, and within 4 hours, my identity was stolen. They took a large sum of money out of account, and over drafted it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with this company. I believe a smaller part of the company is called www.aoamedia.com. Anonymous Springdale, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Aug 13 2013
avangate unauthorized charge to capital one mastercard on 7/17/13 California
My CPA found the unarthorized charge of $49 on 7/16/13. I have no idea what this charge was for.  I will notify capital oneLynn in Baton Rouge, La.
Entity: California
May 07 2013
Avangate Made Empty Promise to Fix my Computer-Ripped me off for $147.00!! Internet
STAY AWAY FROM AVANGATE...THEY ARE FRAUDLENT COMPANY!!!I was having problems with my computer freezing up and could not get rid of a pop up ad from Avangate.  I  called their 800 number to see why this pop up would not go away, as it was holding my computer prisoner.  The representative said he could fix my computer in two hours but in order to do so I would have to join some membership which would give me on going support when I had a problem any time 24 hours a day.I told him that I didn't need nor want a membership for support and just wanted the problem fixed.  He insisted that it would be very benefical to prevent this type of thing happening again. He started quoting at a very high amount over $400.00 for a 3 year plan and I said no way, he went down to $147 for a one year membership, which was still out of my budget, but being desperate to have my computer back I went ahead with it.  Keep in mind he was suppose to fix the problem that I was having.   I think his name was Marcus, but it had to have been an alias as he was of Asian descent, (in fact everyone that I spoke to was.) He took control of my computer and told me not to touch it and that he would be done in two hours and would call me at that time.Two hours went by and I noticed he had logged off.  No phone call came, I waited another hour  thinking maybe he went to lunch.  I called seven different times over the next several hours trying to get ahold of him.  I tried logging on to my computer and it wasnt changed from before; I still couldn't log on to it.  I kept getting the same answer that he was still working on it even though he had logged off hours before.  He finally got on the line when I called the seventh time  and could not explain why I still could not use it and just told me that he worked on it and that I probably need a new hard drive now.

Approximately 95 Reports Found