CIRCUIT CITY Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: circuit city

There may be more reports for "circuit city"

For more results perform a general search for "circuit city"

Showing 51-75 of 55,024 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "circuit city"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Apr 22 2000
Circuit City Cell Phone Rip Off
I had an anolog cell phone for over 4 years, that I had originally bought from Circuit City, among numerous other electronic products. On 7/30/99, I purchased a new digital cell phone from Circuit City on a promotional deal, at a reduced price if I got a service contract with someone, through them. I stayed with BellSouth Mobility, whom I had on my old phone and was satisfied with. The contract said I had to maintain this service for 90 days or pay Circuit City an additional $300 for the new phone. I had already paid for Aug. with BellSouth, so I called them later, and told them to discontinue the service for the old anolog phone, which they did Oct. 2, 1999. Today, Mar. 30, 2000, I recieved a letter from Circuit City Collections Depart, Richmond Va. saying I owe them $300 because I did not keep the service on the old phone I did not use anymore , in service for 90 days after I bought the new phone. The new phone was a totally new contract, and a new number. I called Circuit City collections to inquire about this and was told that It was a legitimate claim and I would have to pay it. Read your secondary contract. Then after I balked, he offered to settle for $200 . I told him he could contact my lawyer, and Circuit City had just lost a customer. Can you believe this??
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
52, Report #2001
Apr 07 2000
circuit city gift certificate rip-off
Two Christmas's ago I went to my local Circuit City at Jantzen Beach in Oregon to buy a couple of gift certificates as stocking stuffers for Christmas. I asked the cashier for two (2) $5.00 certificates. I was told that I would have to pay the store $5.02 for the certificates because it was Circuit City policy. I didn't have any problem at all with the extra two cents, but when I got my receipt, the gift certificates were only for $5.00 each and the two cents were not reflected other than as cash received (with no change). In other words, they pocket a penny per gift certificate transaction with no credit or accounting to customers whatsoever. Basically, this translates to a substantial amount of money for which consumers get nothing and Circuit City takes in profit. When I complained to the cashier about the integrity of charging me for something I am not getting, the manager of the store (who overheard me talking with the cashier)told me if I didn't like the way they did business I could leave!!! I hadn't been loud or aggressive, only concerned why they would charge anything extra for a gift certificate at all. I wished them a Merry Christmas and never went back to shop there again. I will spend all of my pennies elsewhere.
Entity: Portland, Oregon
May 27 2000
Circuit City Bait and switch service agreemnet
Bait and switch service agreemnet We purchased a Sony Camcorder from the local Circuit City store about 2 1/2 years ago. The salesman told us that the service agreement would cover annual cleanings including sand that might get on the camcorder from use at the beach. Last year the camcorder needed repairs and the repair center claimed that sand had caused the problem and therefore according to their policy this was considered accidental and therefore not covered. They even tried to charge us for the cleaning. We paid the repair bill but not the cost of cleaning. This year the exact same thing happened again. And again they claim the problem is sand even though we took extra care to avoid this problem. The accumulated repair bills plus the cost of the original 3 year service agreement have now totaled $390.00. Their salesman mislead us, their service agreement is worthless, and after pursuing all channels within Circuit City they have provided no remedy other then take more of our money. I have owned other camcorders and have never heard of this problem happening before. Am I stuck with a lemon camcorder? Circuit City certainly doesn't care. Gail Borden geborden@hotmail.com e-5-27
Entity: Nationwide
Mar 25 2000
Circuit City Not Performing Under Extended Maint. Contract
On about January 12, 2000, a Circuit City repair person responded to our request for repair of a drawer in our Whirlpool 25 cubic foot side-by-side refridgerator/freezer. As of 3-25-2000 it is still not repaired. Numerous phone calls to both the national repair center and the local store have not been successful. Their excuse is that the part is on order. I think 10 weeks is too long to wait.
Entity: Scottsdale, Az.
Mar 28 2000
Circuit City extended warranty rip-off
I bought a Cellular Phone from Circuit City, and purchased the extended warranty program because the salesman told me, If anything goes wrong with your phone, we will fix it for free That seems pretty clear to me. A few weeks after purchase, I noticed that the bezel was cracked. I took it in for replacement, and I was told that the bezel was not covered. Also not covered were the keys. Funny how the sales rep neglected to mention it. It was not a big deal, and I lived with the crack in the bezel. I recently bought a new Cell Phone, and guess what. I didn't buy it at Circuit City!
Entity: Calif, Nationwide
Oct 26 2000
Circuit City Rebate Ripoff
I went into Circuit City on Labor Day, 9/4/00 to purchase a computer. I asked the salesperson (D. D. Westin, according to my receipt) for the best value on a computer. I was directed to the HP6730 and told that if I bought the package of computer, monitor, and printer, that I would be eligible for a total of $405 in rebates - $305 from Hewlett Packard, and $100 from Circuit City. This transpired in less than 5 minutes. I was then advised that they did not have the tower at the Roseville store, but that they did have it at the Bloomington store and I could pick it up there. I paid for my entire purchase, $979.76, and left the store. The next day I went to the Bloomington store to pick up my computer. I saw the salespeople looking and whispering to one another and then a manager was called back. No one could find my computer. I waited for OVER AN HOUR before anyone finally came and told me that a mistake had been made and that they were out of stock. I was told they were on special order and I could either order one or return the items. Considering there was little apology and an oh, well attitude, even after leaving me standing and wasting a good part of my day, I decided to purchase my tower elsewhere. I was told it was Roseville's fault for not calling and verifying that the stock was in fact there. Another one of my co-workers also needed a computer, so I told her about the deal also and we called the Bloomington store and they stated they had the computers in stock. We went to the store on 9/14/00. The extra $100 rebate from Circuit City no longer applied (it was only for the holiday), but according to the salesman (S.H. Sadeghi) the others did. I asked specifically if there was a limit on this rebate because if I put the computer on my credit card, I could get airmiles for it, and was advised NO. The forms I received that printed out at the store say nothing about a limit on the number of rebates one can apply for. So I charged the computer and my co-worker paid me back, less the amount of rebates I would receive. About a week ago I received a $150 rebate from HP. I called and emailed to determine where the rest of my rebate was. I was told that a 2nd check for $50 had been mailed, but that this was the extent of the rebates I qualify for. I was advised the bundle rebate is all I qualify for and that the rebates CANNOT be combined. I then inquired about the 2nd rebate I sent for and was informed that the rebates ARE ONE PER HOUSEHOLD. The sale of these items were seriously misrepresented to me and my co-workers, and had we known the true and correct terms of these rebates, we probably would have chosen other items. Speaking for myself, my decision was based almost entirely on the total amount of rebates that were offered, according to the Circuit City salespeople. In addition, the rebate forms printed out at the store were not accurate and neglected to inform me as a consumer of several important facts that there was a limit of one rebate per household, and that the rebate offers were not combinable. I have reviewed these forms and indeed, they omit these important conditions! The sales associates should be very familiar with the rebates being offered and be able to speak knowledgably about the offers. In fact, on the rebate form it states Please see your sales associate regarding qualifying models or for additional information. This indicates they should be giving correct information. Therefore, I strongly feel that: 1) Circuit City should be held responsible for giving out incorrect rebate forms; and 2) Circuit City should be held responsible for misleading consumers about the ultimate price of an item and the rebates that apply.
Entity: Bloomington, Roseville, IL, MN
Nov 30 2000
Circuit City salespeople lie to sell Extended Warranties!
I bought a Compaq Presario laptop early in 1999, and was persuaded to buy the 4-year extended warranty. It was $299, but the salesperson offered to reduce the price by $100. I was hesitant, but he then claimed that the warranty would cover *everything*, and that the active matrix LCD wasn't covered under Compaq's standard warranty at all. I was skeptical, but he insisted that was the case. After he spoke with his manager, he found he could not change the warranty pricing, but could get me $100 off the PC price. I agreed and bought the whole package for $2,100. When I got home, I read the warranty and found no exclusions for the display. So he lied to me to make the sale. His name is Tom, and he worked at the North Attleboro, MA store. Now I need the warranty service due to an apparently short-circuited charging circuit in the computer - the laptop will not charge the battery, and indicates that the DC adapter isn't plugged in, when it in fact is and does put out the proper voltage. I talked through the problem with Compaq's tech support, and they were very friendly and helpful, even though it was past their warranty support. When I told them the story of the warranty lie, he said that they had heard *many* such stories from customers. I dread taking this in for service now, especially having read the horror stories on this site. I'll be sure to record the serial number and get a receipt when I drop it off.
Entity: North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Aug 22 2000
Customer Service @ Circuit City
I have paid for extend service on a phone with answering machine the the Customer Service people are rude! Today was the 3rd time that I went to the Westbury store to get the phone repaired! After waiting 10 min. and NO other person was at the counter and waiting for someone to show up the women was not helpful at all in fact sh acted like I was bothering her! I had to ask twice to speak with the manager and then the manager started to help someone else! I left, but before i left I told them I would call and write to the company. I wrote the company and still waiting for an answer. I was also told that after the 3rd time i would get another phone the women said only if it was with in 90 days I hope that people stop shopping at these stores that rip off people and sell extended warrentys that also are a rip off Also before this happened I called the manufacturer and they said that they should replace the phone! Thank you for your site
Entity: Westbury, New York
Aug 25 2000
Circuit City False Garuantee, Bellevue, WA
I recently purchased a Netgear ethernet starter set from Circuit City. I payed the full 80 dollars for it, and left. When I got home and installed the system, one of the cards was defective. I decided to return to get my money back. They flatly refused to give me my money back, insisting that it was fine when it left. HOW WOULD THEY KNOW?!?! Furthermore, after they wouldnt return the product, they told me it would be a 10% restock fee to get the product replaced. IT WAS DEFECTIVE, I COULDN'T HELP THAT, WHY AM I PAYING MORE? We called Circuit City management to report the incident and get it corrected, and they simply told me i was lying, and that i needed to pay. This is outrageous. DO NOT EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE DEFECTIVE FROM THIS STORE.
Entity: Bellevue, Washington
Sep 02 2000
Circuit City stalls and stonewalls!!!
On 7-29-2000, we bought a Frigidaire dishwasher from Circuit City Store #4119, 250 Granite Avenue, Braintree, MA 02184-2804. We paid $299.24 up front and were told to expect their delivery team to call us to make arrangements for delivery within two weeks of the sale. Two weeks came and went....no call from their delivery team, Mitchell's Install and Haul Away, of Portsmouth, Rhode Island (401) 683-6672. We called them--as Circuit City's customer service representative suggested--and got voice mail, nothing but voice mail, for three straight days. I asked for a refund and they said that it'd be credited to my credit card as soon as they got the merchandise back from the (elusive) Mitchell's. The Circuit City customer rep (some dim functionary named Chad) indicated in a phone conversation on 8/25 that Circuit City loss prevention was working the problem and that he'd be back to us. A false promise, to be sure; they have failed to return 75% of my calls to them. On August 31st I called them again, and was told that Chad's not in, and this matter is on our Regional Manager's desk. We'll have her call you about this. I called once more on Saturday, September 2, and got a salesperson they must have dragged off a street corner in the 'hood. He kerpt referring to my dishwasher as a dryer. I asked for Chad and Chad told me he hadn't heard anything and I wouldn't be likely to until Tuesday. By then, I'll be diming these dirtbags out to the MA Attoney General and making arrangements to take them to small claims court. Their treatment is INEXCUSABLE, their business practices EXECRABLE.
Entity: Braintree, Massachusetts
Sep 12 2000
CIRCUIT CITY MISLEADING ADVERTISING
I RESPONDED TO AN AD FOR A NEW CELL PHONE & SERVICE. WITH THE PURCHASE I WAS ENTITLED TO A $50.00 MERCHANDISE CARD AND $20.00 IN GAS COUPONS. THE FINE PRINT READ THE $20.00 IN GAS CERTIFICATED WOULD BE RECEIVED INDICATING A DELAY AS IN A REBATE. THE FINE PRINT REGARDING THE MERCHANDISE CARD DID NOT INDICATE A DELAY. AFTER MY PURCHASE I WAS TOLD BOTH WERE REBATES. THE REBATE FORM SAYS YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT 10 WEEKS FOR THE CERTIFICATES. THE AD INDICATES THAT THE CARD MUST BE USED IN 90 DAYS. THAT WILL LEAVE A 2 WEEK WINDOW ONLY!!! THE MANAGER SAID MANY HAD QUESTIONED THIS WORDING AND IT DID NO GOOD. HE ALSO INFORMED ME THE AD WAS COVERED IN THE WORDING SEE STORE FOR DETAILS. THIS WAS UNTRUE - THE ONLY PLACE THE AD INDICATED THAT WAS ON THE GAS CARD.
Entity: NASHVILLE, Tennessee
Oct 13 2006
Circuit City, ripoff Mesquite Texas
We purchased an Eclipse navigation system, which ended up being a lemon. Another one was put in and it didn't work either, all the while, Circuit City wired a switch wrong which caused the wire to spark/synge and to top it off, did something to the air conditioner in our brand new truck of 2 weeks old that caused it not to cool. I will say after not taking responsibility for it, they did find the problem and fixed it. After the 2 Elipse models that did not work, the only other navigation system they had that had the functions we wanted was a more expensive Pioneer unit. It was 'understood' that a consession in price would be made due to all the trouble we had been through - numerous 80+ mile round trips to the store over the Elipse 'lemons' along with the wiring issues. After spending about 8 hours on Labor Day at the store, we were ready to get out of there, only to find out later that no concession was provided at all - we were charged the full internet price, which was the same basis the original Elipse unit was based. I have written the corporate office in Virginia only to have my case referred back to the Regional Manager. The Regional Manager has not had the courtesy to follow up. This is a very brief version of what we have been through. I will say, however, that I plan to never provide Circuit City business ever again! John Waxahachie, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Mesquite, Texas
Oct 16 2006
Chase Circuit City ripoff Wilmington Delaware
This company ran a Credit Inquiry on me without my authorization. It is showing as an inquiry that can ruin your chances of getting anything on credit later on in someone's life. How can this be stopped? If anyone can give me some advise..thank you. Pattie Byron, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Wilmington, Delaware
Aug 01 2008
Circuit City rude incompetant and ?illegal Internet
I bought a product through Circuit City internet site. Someone lost it (it was an ipod) and I have been trying for the past three weeks to get my money back. I was not in the bundle send to be delivered through FedEx SmartPost as claimed on the USPS tracking form - but no one would help me figure out what happened. I called today as instructed (15 days missing) and thought I could cancel the order so I can go buy it at the store) but was told that now they would take 3-5 business days to try to figure out what had happened and when I tried to point out that they could have done this after any of my five calls in the past two weeks, the very rude clerk told me that it was their policy to wait 15 days and they search for 3-5 days and then I could talk to them about a refund! I have never heard anything so ridiculous and was wondering if I am alone in my experience. Nancy Hampstead, New HampshireU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
May 27 2009
CHASE CHASE CIRCUIT CITY INCREDIBLE!!! WILMINGTON Illinois
HAD THIS ACCOUNT SINCE 2006, I BOUGHT A TV, DVD SET AND LAPTOP. I BEEN MAKING PAYMENTS ON TIME ALL THE TIME, NEVER LATE. I HAVE A PROMOTIONAL APR OF 0% TIL 5/16/2009, I MADE MY LAST PAYMENT ONLINE ON 5/13/2009 OF 400.00 TO COVER THE PROMOTIONAL APR OF 0% SO I DO NOT GET THE 183.96 OF ACCUM DEFERRED FINANCE CHARGE. I TRIED TO DO A BALANCE TRANSFER WITH BANK OF AMERICA ON 05/03/2009 BUT THEY TELL ME THAT CHASE DO NOT ACCEPT ONLINE BALANCE TRANSFER.BANK OF AMERICA SEND THEM A CHECK ON 05/06/2009, I SPOKE WITH A REP AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE WILL BE CANCELLING THAT CHECK AND DIRECT DEPOSIT THE 400.00 IN MY WELLS FARGO ACCOUNT SO I CAN MAKE THE PAYMENT ONLINE. I DID MY PAYMENT ONLINE LIKE ALWAYS!!! AND MISTERIOUSLY THE PAYMENT NEVER WAS MADE!!! I HAVE A CONFIRMATION NUM#706705238 AND THEY CANNOT FIND IT. I BEEN CALLING TO SETTLE THIS WITH CHASE/CIRCUIT CITY,AND NO LUCK!!! Y BEEN SPOKEN WITH SUPERVISORS ON THE DAY SHIFT, THEN I CALLED AT NIGHT AND THEY TOLD ME NO CALL IN THE MORNING THEY HAVE YOUR CASE!!! THEY POST ON MY ACCOUNT 2 NSF FUNDS FEE OF 35.00 EACH PLUS .99 CENTS FEE THAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. PLUS THE 183.96 BECAUSE MY PAYMENT WASNT ON TIME. I EXPLAIN TO THEM THE SITUATION BUT NOTHING. I SPOKE TONIGHT TO A MANAGER MANDY RIVAS AND NOTHING WAS DONE EITHER. I HAVE THE NAMES OF 9 DIFFERENT PERSONS FROM CHASE AND NOTHING. I TOOK MY FILE THIS MORNING TO A LOCAL CHASE BANK IN EL PASO, TX. TO EXPLAIN THE SITUATION AND THE CUST SERVICE REP TOLD ME THIS IS A DIFFERENT BRANCH YOU NEED TO CALL THE 1800 NUMBER, Y EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND NOTHING. I THINK I TRIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING. I NEED YOUR HELP. THESE PEOPLE FROM CHASE OUR TERRIBLE. I LOOK ONLINE AND THEY HAVE MILLIONS OF COMPLAINS. ANOTHER THING TO THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT ON 5/14/2009 WHEN I NEVER AUTHORIZED THEM TO DO SO?? FROM BILLING, CUSTOMER SERVICE ( VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL), ETC. Biby EL PASO, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: WILMINGTON, Illinois
Nov 18 2008
Circuit City Promoting internet fraud Nationwide
They allowed a criminal to charge a stolen credit card for electronic gift cards confirmed with a fake email address and will not reverse the charges. Their customer fraud/service dept is as dumb as can be and nobody does a thing. I hope everyone that puts no effort in their job loses it as soon as they file a bk and then their families go homeless. These people shouldnt be allowed to work and should live in a cardboard box. Matt Henderson, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Virginia, Nationwide
Mar 15 2009
Circuit City Thanksgiving rebates never received Richmond Virginia
I made a purchase of HP laptop with $150 mail-in-rebate. I did send all the documents for rebate and they did process my rebates and also I got a mail from them with confirmation number. Here is the mail.... On 1/22/09, notification@parago.com wrote: Dear **** KANNAN, Thank you for shopping at Circuit City. We have processed your $150 Rebate with Purchase of HP Notebook PC (G50108NR) at Circuit City. You can expect to receive your reward in the next 5-10 business days. Your rebate tracking number is: 308885873 To check your status of other rebates, go to www.CCityrebates.com Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future reference. Sincerely, The Rebate Team at Circuit City ................ When I checked the confirmation number on their website, it said that my check has been cut out and I will be getting it within 5 - 10 business days. I never received it, so i called them and they said I have to wait for 30 days. this one happened on February 15th. so I waited till Feb 22nd and called no one responded, it went to voice message and it was directing to a website. When I checked this message online, it is like my money is gone. Mean time I visited the local store at that time they were running last 4 day sale and the customer service rep told me that they dont have any clue about the rebates - i have to report all issues online on their website - but nothing available to report the issue on their website. I dont know what to do. Please help me if some body received their amount from CCity on this rebates. Kannan Richmond, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Richmod, Virginia
68, Report #197781
Jun 23 2006
Circuit City ripoff Richmond Virginia
Remember those recent Circuit City commercials showing customers in the return line advertising the company's easy return policy? Those days were short lived. Circuit City charges restocking fees, has horrible customer service at the stores and at their corporate office. It's hard to get anywhere calling their 800 number. Let's cut through the red tape. Here is Circuit City's contact information: Contact Circuit City Circuit City 9950 Mayland Dr. Richmond, VA 23233 Customer Service: 800-251-2665 Fax: 804-527-4164 John Milliron, Executive Response Supervisor Phone: 800-251-2665 Fax: 804-934-3865 Mikele Ervin Executive Response Specialist Office of the Chairman, President, and CEO Circuit City Stores (804) 527-4000, ext. 3221 Mary Louise Roberts Circuit City Legal Department Mary_Louise_Roberts@circuitcity.com Anna Marie Henderson Circuit City Legal Counsel amhenderson@kaufcan.com Fax: (804) 418-8248 File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org File a complaint with your credit card company File a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office http://www.naag.org/ag/full_ag_table.php File a complaint with Virginia's Attorney General's office. This is where Circuit City's corporate office is located. www.oag.state.va.us If Circuit City still does nothing, file charges in Small Claims Court. Circuit City Telemarketing Calls If you get a telephone call from 804-747-6434, it's probably a telemarketing call from Circuit City's Warranty Department. The address that the phone number is registered to is Circuit City Express, PO Box 42344, Richmond, VA 23242. William Kalamazoo, MichiganU.S.A.
69, Report #199063
Jul 01 2006
Circuit City ripoff on extended warranty Richmond Virginia
I purchased a CitiAdvantage Protection Plan (CPP)on a 55 Sony TV. Cost of set $2700 plus $500 for the CPP. Within a year TV bellied up and Circuit City replaced it. Told me I would receive pro-rated refund of old CPP, and was required to by a new CPP on new TV. Months later received a check for $49. Was told they deducted an administrative fee and $250 for the service call they arranged to make to fix old TV or determine if it needed replacing. Complained several times to different parts of Circuit City with same response: This is Circuit City policy. This insane and contrary to printed explanation of benefits of the CPP, to wit, free repair or free replacement. I am taking them to small claims court. Jerry Palm Springs, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Feb 28 2006
Circuit City ripoffed again! Internet Order Rebate Ripoff Internet
I bought a digital camera online from Circuit City. They were offering a rebate. With the rebate it seemed like a good deal. If you get the rabate! I have provided all the information that they requested. Not once but twice. I have yet to see the rebate check. Direct rebates from other manufactures have been received without any problems. Thus, it has to be a Circuit City issue. This particular rebate is suppose to come directly from Circuit City. You thought I would have learned. This is my second attempt to get a rebate. Three years ago I bought a MP3 player from Circuit City and they denied me a rebate at that time. Has anyone else had problems with Circuit City? If so, how did you resolve the issue? Richard pebble beach, CaliforniaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Internet
71, Report #320442
Mar 23 2008
Circuit City False advertising Nationwide Nationwide
Circuit City had advertised a buy-one-get-one-free offer in their weekly flyer a few months ago for an XBOX game. The purchase was valid only if you ordered online only. I made the purchase and I only received one game. Calling customer service, they replied I would receive my free game when they had new supplies of them. After one month of nothing, I e-mailed Circiut City about this. Their only reply was free game while supplies lasted. This was a blatant excuse and a rip-off of my money as I would never have made the purchase without the free game. Circuit City is off my list of electronic stores to shop at. Kamchan oakland, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Feb 01 2008
Circuit City No Resolution in Site Richmond Virginia
On 10/6/07 I went online and ordered: Canon CanoScan 4400f Color Image Scanner for $113.98. I Paid the extra for 3 day shippingOn 10/10/07 I received: Canon PIXMA MP520 All-In-One Photo Printer ***I called 4 times on 10/10/07, spoke to 4 different Circuit City employees, to try and let someone know I was sent the wrong item. Each time I would give them the same information and each time I was told it would take 2 weeks to research the information. The item that was sent to me was no longer on the Circuit City website and had come from a warehouse that no longer carried the item. I kept telling them this was not my problem; just send me what I ordered. They could not send me the correct item I paid for nor could they pick up this item and issue me a refund until it was researched. The last person I spoke to told me to take it to the nearest Circuit City store. I told him, the nearest store to me was in another state. That is why I ordered it on line. This employee, who works for Circuit City, told me to just keep what I got. It is better and more expensive than what I had ordered. I told him I could not do this. This was the same thing as stealing. I was given incident # IM692664. ***I work 60 hours a week so I do not have time to call Circuit City everyday and hang on the phone for hours at a time. Otherwise, I would have. ***I do not have the exact dates but it is on your call record that I tried 2 other times to get this issue resolved.***On 11/25/07, which was the first chance I got, I went to the nearest Circuit City located in Pensacola Florida. They informed me they could not take the item nor could they exchange the item because it was bought online. (So much for your NO HASSEL RETURNS policy) The young woman at Circuit City customer service did call the online number at 2:32 P.M. and was on hold for over an hour. The whole time I'm standing at the counter with unhappy customers lining up behind me. She spoke to Ken ID #617078 and then to a supervisor named LE ID #616020. Le told her a case worker would be contacting me in a couple of days to correct this problem. The supervisor told her to tell me to keep the Canon PIXMA MP520 All-In-One Photo Printer for all the trouble I had been having. I have the customer service representative and her manager as a witness to this. I relayed back to her that I have no use for it. It is too big and bulky. Before I left, the customer service manager told me that I could sell the PIXMA and get my money back. I told him NO. He then offered to take the PIXMA off my hands, so I wouldn't have to take it back to Alabama. He said he would personally see that it was sent back to the correct warehouse. Now this is the same Circuit City Manager who just informed me he couldn't take it back at that store because it was bought online. Is everyone that works for Circuit City a thief?***On 11/26/07, I received a message from a Circuit City employee who told me there were incomplete details for case #265599. I needed to call (800) 843-2489 AND HIT OPTION #1. I tried several times that week to GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF BUT COULD NOT. However I did speak to several other Circuit City employees who asked me the same questions as before and still couldn't answer my questions.***On 12/6/07, I spoke to Jennifer about case #417152 and was told a refund had been issued.***On 12/18/07, at 9:56 a.m., I received a message from Shante who works for Circuit City. She said Donte was the case manager for #417152 and would be calling me in 2 or 3 business days with either a resolution or an update. ***On 12/19/07 I tried to reach Dontel at (800) 251-2665. I spoke to Mikeal ID #591404 who informed me that Mark was my case manager and a refund would be issued within 7-14 days. (I told him then it wasn't going to happen and I would be calling back in January.)***On 1/8/08, I called and reached a supervisor by the name of James. He said he had no ID # but did give me his extension which is 17656. Once again I told my story. He said he had to take this to his supervisor, who he would not let me talk to, and it would either be resolved in my favor or it wouldn't be resolved in my favor. I tried to get him to explain to me what this meant but all he would say was give him a chance to clear this up and he would be calling me. (I told him he won't be calling me because it will not be resolved.) He asked me to verify that I wanted my original item and I wanted to keep the PIXMA too or I wanted a refund of my money and I wanted to keep the PIXMA. I tried to tell him that I never received my item or refund, I have no use for the PIXMA and it was given to me not only 1 time but 2 different times. ***I placed and order back in October of 2007. Since then I have been trying to get the correct item shipped to me or get a refund of ALL my money. I have the wrong item sent to me then given to me 2 different times, and this last supervisor makes it sound like I want something for nothing. I am an honest person who has been trying to get his taken care of for 3 months. I do not understand what the hold up is. I emailed these people: Chief_Executive@circuitcity.com>Chief_Executive@circuitcity.com amhenderson@kaufcan.com>amhenderson@kaufcan.com Teresa.Finch@vdacs.virginia.gov>Teresa.Finch@vdacs.virginia.gov Mary_Louise_Roberts@circuitcity.com>Mary_Louise_Roberts@circuitcity The last week of January 2008, I received a copy of the letter that the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services sent to Circuit City asking them to contact them within 7 days to determine if a mutual acceptable solution could be reached. Today (2/1/08) I received an email from Circuit City. It was an APPROVED RETURN REQUEST NOTIFICATION for the flat bed scanner that I never received. Here is the kicker----FOR YOU CONVENIENCE, YOU MAY CHOOSE TO RETURN YOUR PURCHASE AT YOUR LOCAL CIRCUIT CITY STORE AND AVOID PAYING RETURN SHIPPING CHARGES. I forwarded their email to the Department of Agricultureand Consumer Services. Kimberly Summerdale, AlabamaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Circuit City
Jan 30 2008
Circuit City Ripoff on survey Visalia California
I tried to register on line and no matter what web address I used it would not let me in to there supposed customer survice web sight. The bad part of it was I had a compliment to post for a Employee but once again Corporate America does not give a S_ _ _ about the little people. Jim Visalia, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Visalia, California
Jan 29 2008
Circuit City EXTRA WARRANTY INSURANCE A RIPOFF Rome Georgia
I purchased a digital camera from them. They talked me into buying the extra insurance from them what they called an extra $50 warranty. What they told me that was for was that if anything happened to the camera withint a 3 year period (I think) that all I had to do was to bring it back to them and they would replace it free of charge. And then they told me that if I didn't get it from them that if something happened to it that I would have to send it to the manufacturer. I decided that it was alot of money for me so I should buy it. Well in about 6 months the camera didn't hold a charge. I took it back and they gave me a phone number to call and said that they would send me a box and I had to put the camera in that box and send it off. THat is the VERY reason I paid the extra $50 was so I didn't have to do all that sending off. I think it is ashamed that they lie like that in order to sell that extra bit of insurance. I guess they are betting that nothing happens to it. So if anyone out there ever goes to circuit city ...DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR INSURANCE. It is not worth it because you are going to have to send it off yourself anyway. THey lie to you to get you to purchase it. Don't fall for that scam like I did. Melody Murfreesboro, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Rome, Georgia
Feb 19 2008
Circuit City dosen't honor rebates. Port Richey Florida
Circuit City offers great rebates on a lot of their merchandise, the only problem is that they never honor them. They state that they are not responsible for lost rebate info sent in and apparently all of the rebates get lost in the mail. Kenda Holiday, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Florida