DIRECT BUY Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: direct buy

There may be more reports for "direct buy"

For more results perform a general search for "direct buy"

Showing 51-75 of 59,433 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "direct buy"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jul 12 2012
Direct Buy Lanham Maryland SCAM misrepresentation Internet, Maryland
Direct Buy in Lanham is a big Rip-Off and scam.  They tell you one thing at the seminar to get you to join, only to find out later that the information was not true.  I am fighting with BBB to cancel my membership now.
Entity: Internet, Maryland
Jul 14 2012
Direct Buy Fraudulent sales practices The Woodlands Texas
I went to DirectBuy one weekend after seeing all the promotions.  I had absolutely no intention of signing up - I just wanted to check it out and see if my key was the winning key.  Once there, we were told that one of the services they provide is auto buying.  Since I am looking to purchase a new car, I decided to sign up.  After waiting a week for the password so I could log in to the members web site (I guess they make you wait a week so you won't be able to check out the website and then cancel under the three-day contract cancellation laws), I was unable to find anything about cars.  I called and was told that the cars are under a different website.  On that website.  The first thing you see on the website is a large pink box that says Warning to those of you who are dealing with most Texas Credit Unions: ... As of this time... can not deal with most Texas Credit Unions.  What kind of ripoff is this??  They sell the membership to Texans by telling us they can save us an average of $5500 on a car, then direct us to a website that says we won't be able to use a Texas Credit Union to buy the car!  I complained to the company to no avail.  A couple of months later, I went by to look at a sample of flooring.  They didn't have it in the warehouse, so they ordered it.  Guess what?  It never came. This company needs to be shut down and told to refund every member's money.  What a ripoff!!
Entity: The Woodlands, Texas
Jul 28 2012
Direct Buy Sign NOW or NEVER Again Equals Bad Service and Hidden Fees Columbia, Maryland
I filed a complaint with the local BBB. Under the Must sign now! technique scared us into signing heading. The issue started with the sales guys conveniently forgetting to mention a training session AFTER the 24 mind changing period. Training includes all the stuff they dont want you to know. The 8% shipping. You can order about half the product ONLY through that office ONLY through their people. EVERY product we have wanted could be purchased for less money or was not available, despite the ads we were shown during the interview. Even the high-end products are a rip off. They have similar product descriptions as the nice products but in their books MAY have a different name. My experience was with flooring. I was so unbelievably confused by the product comparisons that I  ended up purchasing from somewhere else! Purchasing an item can take several weeks with an 8% shipping fee never discussed during the high pressure sell. An 88 dollar toilet that I could have purchased at Home Depot cost me weeks of my time and 8% in shipping costs. We spent a bunch of time describing the foreclosed property we purchased. They provided a guy that does flooring for the Direct Buy price. I compared with other flooring contractors. I got the same price. When I called the contractor I was told Well we do it better. And you will never find MY price with this quality of work. Whats the evidence of that? His professionalism? Fencing boards were not available after we very specifically described the property we purchased. Last but certainly not least is the financing. I was told that my credit card would be charged, I thought I was signing a document to have a direct payment from my card.  I told him we were refinancing and would probably pay later with that money. We were so pressured I missed the document purpose of what was put in front of me to sign. Now Beta Financing has a loan in my name for 19% interest!!!! AFTER I specifically said what my plan was!!!! When I called Beta Financing they told be they were just a collection company. They were horrible to deal with. They literally said What do you think we are in business for...we make money off these loans  I was floored.  Please cancel my membership, cancel the Beta and refund the money I have paid to Beta. They cant fix the credit calls they had to do, which is what I was avoiding in the first place. But if there are other credit related impacts that I am not realizing. I want that dealt with also. After the BBB of Baltimore was notifed, Direct Buy treated me like I was a long term customer. The Direct Buy response is bogus. They mention that I purchased on item and as my original complaint states. It cost me more to order the same toilet that I could have got from Home Depot. Although, they forwarded the agreement I signed. I did not realize what I had signed because I was so under pressure to sign then and there. The training they mention is whatever the reps says we should have taken  whenever they want to hit me with another fee. He also mentions that we joined 6 months ago, what does that have to do with how this situation transpired. I expect him to do the right thing and release us from this ridiculous commitment.
Entity: Columbia, Maryland
Mar 09 2009
DIRECT BUY MICHAEL AND MARSHALL DECEPTIVE WITH DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED WOODSIDE New York
Rip-off Report Investigation:EDitors UPDATE: Positive Rating and Recognition has been given to DirectBuy for its Commitment to Excellence in customer service.Rip-off Reports investigation of DirectBuy uncovers an ongoing commitment to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect the company will always work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns in the past, present or future. DirectBuy pledges to help members and guests realize their dreams through exceptional customer experiences and unparalleled savings, service, and selection.The Rip-Off Report Investigation revealed a demonstrated commitment by DirectBuy to providing excellent customer service and resolving customer issues. They achieve this through several means, including a recent partnership with customer service experts to actively survey their members and guests and make changes that improve their processes and ensure a uniform exceptional experience for every customer. To address the most common concerns, DirectBuy recently started offering free trial memberships at participating club locations, as well as additional tiers and terms of membership to meet a broader range of household budgets.Two weeks I went to an open house. When you first arrive everybody is so nice and personable. You are assigned to an individual who will sit with you in a room to watch a video, which I'm sure nobody paid attention to because the only thing you interested in is the cost for joining. Also, after viewing this video you are told that you can't tell anybody and if you decide not to join at that time, you will not be allowed back into the facility.I sat down with this individual and I explained to him what my goals were and the reason why I was interested in this company. I was told about the shipping, handling and taxes. I was also told the items would be shipped to the facility and I should come there to check out the merchandise.I was told the membership fee would be 4750.00 if I paid in full, but if I could not do this, there were other options. I opted to take the installation payment. I must also mentioned once I signed the contract, these people would not have spit on me if I was on fire. I was no longer important to them. However, two days later I found out that I was not told the truth about the freight charges, which means I would be responsible for freight, shipping and delivery to my home.If the correct information was given to me, I would have never joined this bogus company. When I called on the second day after signing the contract, I was told somebody would contact me, which never happened. I called the next day and the person I dealt with during the open house answered the phone and his attitude was quite nasty and rude. He told me I should have been watching the video.I called the corporate office to make a complaint and I was told it was out of their hands. However, I did explain to this individual that I was not going to roll over and die or disappear.I've currently contacted the BBB, local television stations. I will be forwarding all information I have to New York State Attorney General. I was also advised to contact the FBI because this appears to be an across state federal crime, due to the large amounts of money which is being scammed from each member.Ingrid Far Rockaway, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: WOODSIDE, New York
May 08 2009
DIRECT BUY refused to cancel my unused membership Lenexa Kansa
We signed-up for our direct buy membership about 4 months ago after recieving an exclusive invitation from our local store. We were advised to come together as this was an important business meeting.We arrived only to be escorted to a private room with curtains and a television and watched about 2 hours worth of videos. In between the video sections, a young man did brief presentations about direct buy's prices compared to that of local competitors as well as other retailers. He was very convincing.After his presentations and video we were briskly escorted to a private table to speak with a sales associate. He immediately brought out a contract as well as a laminated price chart to evaluate how much we could afford to pay. We were a little overwhelmed but remained open-minded.After reviewing the charts, we realized that we really couldn't afford any of the options and told the gentelman that very thing. he then escorted a younger man to our table who proceded to lay things out to us. We told him our situation and he tried to relate. He tried to be average and tried to understand not being able to afford more bills. We were so embarrassed.He ran away again and came back with a new deal. He asked us to write one check now and to post-date another check for when we could afford it. After being humiliated, we humbly obliged thinking that maybe this might be worth it. After all, we had just purchased a new home and needed furnishings. we were so wrong.After realizing that we could not afford the monthly payments, we contacted our local direct buy and asked if our contract could be canceled. We were told that we were responsible for the contract and that it could not be negotiated. Not be negotiated???? We further explained that if it could not be canceled, we would simply stop paying and they would have to send collectors after us in order to get our money. We were then reminded that the contract we were held to would negatively impact our credit should we decide not to pay and that it would be in our best interest to just pay it.We have never been treated so poorly by any business. Even our credit card company is more polite and flexible. I am so angry about having to pay this monthly bill for services we clearly won't use. I understand why companies have contracts, but if there are financial issues preventing people from paying, you would think they would let you quit for a minimum fee. Not with direct buy. you have to buy out your $5,000.00 contract. Nice.If anyone is having the same problem or is interested in filing a suit against the company who won't give us our money back, please contact me! I want to keep my money...not give it away!Thanks-Lacie Olathe, KansasU.S.A.
Entity: Lenexa, Kansas
May 04 2009
Direct Buy - Directbuy Female Sales Director uses the LORD to sell memberships Conyers Georgia
This center is all over the place. Don't feel this membership is worth $5,000. If you finance it, the int rate is 18%. That's an additional $1,500. YIKES!!!If you don't want to pay finance charges, the cash offer price for their membership is $4,000.My husband and I visited this center last month and sat with a fairly large black woman with a bad wig who said she was a director. After the tour we sat down at a table and started to converse. When we told her we didn't think this membership was a great fit for us, she started preaching about the LORD and how the LORD sent us in her path and wanted her to help us stop paying retail. She just kept going on and on. Almost begging us to take this membership. I finally asked her is she was on commission. She said yes and that commission was only $25.00 a person. I asked her, that out of $5,000, all she gets is $25.00? And she said yes because the owners aren't able to pay their directors what the other centers are paying their directors. WHOA!!! We just wanted to learn about Direct Buy. Wasn't expecting to be in church. I suggested that she should probably look for another gig. I almost felt sorry for her.What kind of people do you hire here? We were so turned off and her grammar was horrible. If this is the type of employees the company has representing them, then this center really doesn't know how to hire or run a business.I called another center in Duluth and did some investigating. I found out that the owners of the Conyers center is Rick and Barbara Smith. Their son, daughter and the son's best friend (Ryan Smith, Megan Smith, Brian Watson) works for them and are overpaid for what they don't do. I was told that they are struggling and are about to lose their franchise because they are behind in their franchise fees in the tune of $300,000. Also, they are under watch by corporate because a member who placed a large order around christmas complained that the order was never placed but the center swiped their credit card for payment.Richard and Barbara Smith were co-mingling money from members who paid for merchandise they ordered. They were using this money to pay their bills and payroll - and not placing members orders. Apparently, when you place an order, you have to pay upfront.BUYER BEWARE!!!IF YOU JOIN THIS CENTER, THE DOORS MAY CLOSE SOON. THEN WHAT!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL TO DULUTH TO DO YOUR BUSINESS.I HEARD THE STAFF IS NICER THERE.Guest at this center Peachtree City, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Conyers, Georgia
May 05 2009
Direct Buy Conyers, Ga Location - GIVE ME MY DEPOSIT BACK!! Conyers Georgia
This location will not give me back my money. I put money down towards a down payment for a membership. After a change of heart, this center will not give me my money back.CROOKS!!!NO wonder there are so many complaints on this site about your organization.Hope this reaches anyone before they go to this center on a invitation pass.THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU A REFUND.SIGNED: PISSED OFF AND MADFam u grad Stockbridge, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Conyers, Georgia
May 05 2009
Eddire Ferro/ Direct Buy fired me under false pretenses Chesapeake Virginia
fired me under false pretenses, said i didn answer for a customer and put not interested, but how ever the customer call back and said they wasnt interested so thats why i put not interested. eddie mad up lies on why i was firedTaylor2 portsmouth, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Chesapeake, Virginia
Apr 17 2009
Direct Buy pressure sale ,made to feel umconftable , Hauppauge New York
I was looking for some furniture to buy on line. as most folks do they look for the cheapest price they can find. I surfed the web ,and found many sites to browse. and one site came as (wholesale to the public) prices lower than the retail stores can sell it at . So I call up and they said you need a appointment to see what it was about. I sat through a hour of this sales pitch and was confused that a 5,000.00 menbership fee. Well they told me that if i bought retail goods for about 3 year i would be saving over several thousand if I bought through the directbuy membership . It sounded good because me and my wife because were refurbishing our house and was about to spend several thousand dollars. I gave a deposit os 2,161.00 dollars for a deposit and signed a agreement and pay a thousand dollars over the next 3 months .Well let me tell you; when me and my wife were driving home we said to each other !WHAT THE HELL DID WE JUST DO! Let me tell you the real deal, The prices they say for the retail are over inflated and their price is a few dollars less What bulls**t. They charge you for the freight on everthing you buy, and the sales tax WHAT A RIPOFF. after the second day I call up the sales person who signed me up . I told her I could not join for financial reasons. Well she said they could not give me back my deposit . Im now takeing them to court to get my money back . What a drag folks DIRECT BUY IS A SCAM!Artman572000 dix hills, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Hauppauge, New York
Jan 29 2013
Direct Buy Directbuy Stay Away from DirectBuy - poor service/poor quality Peoria, Arizona
DirectBuy does NOT support their customers. If you have a complaint on a product that they sell, you cannot return the item and they will not work with you to get the issue resolved. I did not receive the item I ordered and I have been trying to get the right item for four years. The manufacturer tells me I have to go to the dealer to have it resolved, and the dealer (DirectBuy of NW Phoenix) tells me they can't do anything about it. Don't waste your time or your money with this company.
Entity: Peoria, Arizona
Nov 09 2008
Direct Buy is an entire SCAM is being investigated by the Florida Attorney General!!! Tampa Florida
Direct buy is a total scam. My elderly mother was scammed out of $5200 for a 'worthless' membership to be able to purchase scratch n dent merchandise for top dollar prices...She was given a 'now or never' high pressure sales approach. Total scam operation... BEWARE... TELL OTHERS ABOUT THE SCAM KNOWN AS DIRECT BUY> They will lie to your face and pretend to be something they are not..they have no direct deals with manufactures except the ability to purchase less than perfect damaged merchandise...They also except you to buy $17,000 worth of this garbage just to break even on the stupid membership...We are in contact with the Florida Attorney General and they have several other complaints on record so hopefully they will be shut down soon.Dont believe any of the 'positive' comments on Direct Buy that you see on this site and other places on the internet..They are actual Direct Buy employees pretending to be customers... They are total SCUM!!!Sharon Lakeland, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Tampa, Florida
Mar 13 2009
Direct Buy Lied to get me to sign up Pleasenton California
Direct Buy lied to get me to sign up.Took salesman aside to make sure they had contractors that worked in my vacation ski resort condo area that I was planning to remodel. I even showed him on a map. He assured me that there was no place they didn't cover. They work with contractors in any town on the map. I also asked him if they carried Natuzzi furniture. He told They carried all manufacturers. I told him I had to be sure they had people in my area as that is the only reason I would sign up. He assured me it wouldn't be a problem. Would not refund when I found out there was no contractor that services my area. Complained to a worker there and she stated she heard the salesman make false statements all the time. When I questioned direct buy at showroom they said the salesman was probably a little confused because it was a fairly new store he might have made some mistakes, but didn't mean to. I tried working with them for awhile on kitchen design, but it was so frustrating and a long drive to showroom I went to Home Depot and got an estimate from them. I gave a copy of estimate to DB designer, and she gave me an estimate that was more than HD. When I called to question their 40% off retail ads they accused me of taking their estimate and showing it to HD so they would beat the price. They did eventually come up with a contractor they said would work in my area and they have clients that live there. I called a few times to ask contracter about my ski condo remodel with no response. I asked kitchen designer and she didn't know if he worked that far away.Angelcakes El Cerrito, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Pleasenton, California
Mar 18 2009
DIRECT BUY AND GENERAL MANAGER MARC COMEAU SWEET SCAM AND FALSE ADVERTISING. OTTAWA Ontario
beware of the sweetened scam!!!! I am cautious of financial scams, since I am a financial advisor. But this multinational group have it all or it seems locked up.The story is as follows; I had called them from the late night adds, curious to see what was the commotion all about. They were nice and everything sounded good, but the invite to visit the showroom was in Ottawa, 2 and 1/2 hours away from Montreal, 5 hours back and forth. i did not accept, until 2-3 mths later the called back and offer gifts without signing up. i packed up with the family and left to Ottawa, left the children at the movies (they don't allow children under 12) and listened. The prices were amazing, 1/3 discount and so on and so forth. Now my issue was can we purchase through the internet and see all your catalogues, they told me yes. They handed me a credited membership, took $524.50 up front and my gift was a 3day stay in remote locations ( i still haven't used it).Drove back to Montreal, and waited 6 days for my codes to enter the internet. When I received it, my wife and I stayed till 2 in the morning trying to find specials, all B.S. nothing worth the while and the cheapest was light fixtures at $1200. I called the next day to cancel, in which they responded the General Manager Marc Comeau will attend to this. One month passed no call, I emailed him and he responded that I am not able to quit because it is a contract. Now in accordance to the Ontario Consumer Protection any membership contract has a 10 day grace period. Mr. Comeau said that this law does not pertain to them, WOW!!I drove to Ottawa and kindly requested that they cancel my membership as per all the emails I had sent, he politely said that he will do it but i will be penalized. I don't care just cancel my Membership !!!I'm still waiting, and filling out a grievance with the Consumer Protection. Meanwhile Beta Finance, the real sharks behind this operation, gave me credit without any questions or verification, and now wish to submit my name and my wife to a collection agency. Talk about getting the short end of the stick, I HATE THEM.!!!!Please beware, do not even enter the showroom, it a scam. a sheep in wolves clothing.Hans montreal, QuebecCanada
Entity: OTTAWA, Ontario
Nov 20 2008
Direct Buy Friend or Foe? You be the Judge. Indianapolis, IN 4Indianapolis Indiana
My husband I and I went to the invited guest pass sales presentation a couple of months ago. We were so to speak wined and dined with attention, of course the owner's own personal time spent with us, and then the brief explanation of the show room only after every effort was secured to assure us that joining would be very beneficial for us. We made it clear we could not pay the full amount up front and would have to space the payments out. No Problem, that is why we are here to help. You are becoming part of a family.So far we not only have not had time to go mingle with the family in Indianapolis which is two hours from home, we just recently have been making some financial adjustments with our bank to consolidate down to one rather than three. I have had the payments come out consecutively up till this week. I have had no calls from Direct Buy, in Indy or otherwise nor has my husband. Tonight when I got home I opened a letter from Beta finance for the sum of $3,920.86. I am asking myself who in the heck do I owe that to?Of course it is 10:00 PM and no one is open so I let my fingers do the walking on the internet and much to my surprise there is Beta Finance and oh...associated with it is well guess who...Direct Buy. My payment was due on the 17th. The bank which it was coming out of has to be the one we have closed and I have just established the new one and simply forgot which bank it was coming out of.I recently closed my account which was a direct pay card and everything is to be transfered to our joint account. Ok, three days later and they have sold this off already with not so much as a phone call. Some family, and some customer relationship. I don't think so. I will be calling them in the morning and finding out why we have been treated so insignificantly after spending so much time convincing us how important we were.Places like this should not be allowed to operate under this type of pressure sales and then cut your legs out from under you and your credit with absoutely no warning. I would be very interested in anyone else who has experienced this and filing some type of joint legal interst to put places like this under more restriction in dealing with the economy and people vunerable to their sales techniques.Regards,Glenna Fort Wayne, IndianaU.S.A.Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Pizza Hut
Entity: Indianapolis, Indiana
Dec 01 2008
Direct Buy In Las Vegas Fatty Mike Yearty a Nightmare!!!! SCAM Las Vegas Nevada
Went to the Direct Buy in Las Vegas and a Gay Big Fat, White hair guy with sausage fingers named Mike Yearty sold me a $5000 membership and I have not saved my membership yet. They say they are lower but the pricing is not that much lower. We have compared and found many of times some retail stores are very close in pricing.We don't have to wait 10-20 weeks for delivery and pay just 5% more or less. The service staff is wonderful but not worth the money. The Guy Mike would not let me cancel my membership. They say you can cancel but they ignored my calls so I would pass the recision period.I was excited about the examples they showed me but I came to find out that the pricing is so much similar to retail that I don't waste my time. I wasted 5,000 well let's say $10,000 after the interest on financing the membership with Direct Buy in Las Vegas.Directbuy rippoff in las vegas las vegas, NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
Dec 31 2008
Jerold Evanson Jerold Evanson & Pat Evanson owner of UNIWAY Direct BUY Sandy Utah
My wife and purchased a membership program from these crooks and were promised great deals on furniture and paid $5500.00 dollars and now we are told they are bankrupt and never had any furniture in stock and will not take calls, they have taken thousands up on thousands of dollars from innocent hard working people that were victims of these two that claim to be members of the lds church... any info on there where abouts please respond.Corey alanta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Sandy, Utah
Dec 15 2012
Direct Buy Save your $5000 membership fee; this is scamming pure and simple Internet
I won't go into all the details her; you've probably read how this Savings Club operates.  You get an invitation to an open house where a high pressure sales pitch is put on, showing you how much you can save off the MSRP of different items. This is where they show how you can save thousands of dollars by becoming a member  and then the rep takes you one-on-one to show you how you can save ENORMOUS amounts of money by shelling out over $5,000 to become a member.  This is a take it or leave it proposition; you have to make a decision immediately...no time to think it over.  This should have been a warning flag - nobody reputable requires that you make an on the spot decision to fork over that kind of money.  They point out the savings that you will get from purchasing items below MRSP.  Of course, NO ONE pays MSRP; that's like paying the sticker price on a car.  On the times that I have  been looking to purchase several items, I check the price that internet merchants charge for the IDENTICAL merchandise.  They beat Direct Buy almost every time.  Oh, and that savings?  Maybe $6?  But that $6 and more gets chewed up in the shipping, handling, taxes and other fees that Direct Buy puts on every item you buy.  If you are only looking at the really high end products (like gas grills that cost over $1,000) and you are looking at buying a LOT of merchandise, they may be able to save you a dime or two.  Maybe. Of course, the high end stuff already has a tremendous profit margin built into their price.  You are DEFINITELY NOT GOING TO RECOUP THE MONEY YOU PAID UP FRONT FOR THIS SCAM.  Believe me, I have searched for electronics items, among other items, that I can get on the internet...no shipping, no tax, no waiting 4-6 weeks.  EVERY TIME, I would have paid more to but the item through Direct Buy, if they even have the item. It's no wonder that a Direct Buy franchise sounds like such a good idea.  There's not even a price match guarantee, if you should find the item for less; your investment in a Direct Buy dues are worthless.  LESS THAN WORTHLESS.  BE FOREWARNED  by someone who made the mistake!!
Entity: , Internet
Jun 17 2013
Direct Buy Bait and switch lured with promises Rochester New York
The evening was filled with high pressure sales and promise of plane tickets for two to anywhere in the US, including Hawaii. We were told that if we did not sign up that evening we could not ever sign with them. There were advertisements posted on the wall from other retail stores for smaller popular ticket items that they claimed to be able to offer lower prices for. They quoted average household spending and said we would make up our membership fee in savings in as little as 2 years. Our daughter was getting married. The plane tickets were worthless with multiple contingencies that made it impossible for anyone with a job to redeem. We bought a Kitchen aide mixer and saw one at Sears a few months late at the same price. We looked at the site many times but found mostly high ticket items. We were SCAMMED and just want out of the contract without destroying our credit!! BEWARE!!!
Entity: Rochester, New York
Apr 19 2013
Direct buy Membership fee with no discounts houston, Texas
Same complaint as the other consumer, virgina, on membership fee of $5000.  There was no savings.  In addition to the start up $5000 in membership fee which is good for 5 years, thereafter, there is an annual membership fee.
Entity: houston, Texas
Aug 19 2013
Jan 03 2014
direct buy warranty Complete Ripoff, lied to, scammed! iselin new jersey
I purchased an Extended Warranty for my 2008 CLS 550 through direct buy warranty.  The Warranty company list everything that will be covered yet abuses the inclusion of Wear and Tear in the contract.  Everytime I took my car in for any expensive job, they would reject the claim stating it stopped for wear and Tear... my parking sensors, my alternator, my cam shaft, and my bushings.  The only thing they approved were the minor jobs, less then $300... yet, they only paid half of what i was being charged at Mercedes Dealership.  Mercedes said job was 3.5 hours x $120hr, Direct buy only paid for 2 hrs x $80.  The part mercedes installed would be $260, direct buy only covered $120 ( the wholesale price of the reconditioned part) ???  It's a Mercedes CLS 550, Im not going to replaced with junky reconditioned parts.  In last 3 months, 5 claims... all items listed as covered under the warranty and all rejected with wear and tear...  Basically the company is a SCAM!!!  Its my fault, lesson learned, you get what you pay ( $1800 for their top of line warranty) for and I got ripped off pretty bad!!!  Hopefully more people research better then I did and avoid being scammed!
Sep 24 2013
Direct Buy Auto Warranty is a Total Fraud Iselin New Jersey
Please stay away from “Direct Buy Auto Warranty”.I have been trying to get my BMW repaired for 10 days but still not authorized for the repair. The repair estimate was approx. $1450.00 and “Direct Buy Auto Warranty” authorized for only ~$263.00. After spending a week on the phone with them; they authorized ~$873.00. And, today; they have backed out of their authorization.I did record some of my phone conversation with “Direct Buy Auto Warranty” and found that they LIE when selling warranty to a new customer.
Jun 23 2014
Direct Buy Auto Warranty Deception and False Advertisement Iselin New Jersey
I have some recorded conversations with Direct Buy representativeas evidence they are engaged in deception and false advertisement.After submitting an online request to purchase an extended auto warranty for my son's car, I received a phone call from Direct Buy Auto Warranty and decided to purchase the coverage which had an initial 30-day waiting period in June 2013 and agreed to pay in full in 3 payment. In February 2014, we tried to file a claim but Direct Warranty told us that I needed to make the final payment before they could authorize a repair. The represeentative told us very clearly that the claim will be processed once the payment is made (I have a recorded conversation). We made the payment but the claim was denied. We were told that there is another 30-day waiting period since we did not make the 3rd payment on time.I asked for a written policy but the representative hung up the phone. We have another recorded conversation with Direct Buy representative repeatedly said that there will not be another waiting period as long I make the payment before the policy is cancelled. We contacted again Direct Buy and asked for a supervisor (Eddie); I told Eddie that I have a recorded conversation with another representative, who has repeatedly said that there won't be any additional waiting period. I offered him to listen to our recorded conversation but Eddie hung up the phone.I am trying to post these conversations online but the MP4 files are big and not able to post. Please suggest how to post these recordings.
74, Report #1192537
Dec 02 2014
Direct Buy This Company is a HUGE rip-off Albuquerque NM
I've noticed that people are saying that their memberships are in the several hundred dollar range now.  When I joined the membership was several thousand dollars. The rip-off is that in today's market this business provides no benefit.  Prices are nearly always higher than what you can buy for either online anytime or at local stores most of the time. The Albuquerque Direct Buy physical store is closing so now what we have is a high priced membership that is no better than Amazon.com or Homedepot.com or any other store. They say we are getting a benefit by being switched to Home Shopping. Thousands of dollars or even hundreds of dollars for this is a joke. We should be getting a refund and option to opt out for a reimbursement. This business is out-dated and not worth anything. Do not believe anything you hear at their sales presentations!
Entity: Nationwide
Oct 07 2014
direct buy auto warranty ripoff butler Tennessee
I purchased this warranty on a 2008 ram 2500 truck approximately 2 years ago. Last October (2013) I had to replace the clutch they contacted my mechanic after he had looked at truck as there request after discussing the problem with him they informed me that this was a normal wear problem. I was unhappy but went ahead and paid for the repairs. About 3 weeks ago I took my ruck to my local dodge dealer where I purchased it to have the front end aligned they informed me I needed ball joints and axle joints.(truck is 4wd and only has 69000 miles on it) Anyway the service manager called direct buy about the repairs they said they would send an adjuster out that week I forget on what day of week but they said I would have to bring truck in that morning and leave it all day because he said he couldn't give me a time but adjuster would call dealership if truck wasn't there when he called them he wouldn't come. I called direct buy and told them I couldn't do without truck that day so we made an appointment for the following Monday. I am self employed so I planned my schedule to suit and on Monday morning. I called dealership at 8:00 when they opened to let them know I was on my way they told me was suppose to come on Tuesday I called direct buy they told me Monday. I told them the dealership told me Tue they put me on hold came back with some excuse about the adjuster and it would be Tue. Well I loose another day knowing what I was going to hear sure enough normal wear no pay. Unless you buy a vehicle park it in a garage with climate control you are going to have normal wear that's why I bought there worthless warranty. If I had put the money in the bank that I paid them I could have paid for all repairs and still had money in the bank. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS
Entity: butler, Tennessee