DIRECT TV Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: direct tv

There may be more reports for "direct tv"

For more results perform a general search for "direct tv"

Showing 51-75 of 36,554 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "direct tv"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 08 2006
Direct Tv ripoff, collections scam Glendale California
I am writing in about a scam that Direct TV is pulling on customers. I had an account from 2003 that went into collections. I recieved a notice from the collection agency that they would settle the account for a certain amount and it would be considered paid in full. I paid that amountin February of this year. Then a month later my new service that I have had since October by the way, is now being disconnected due to a past balance from that other account. When I contacted Direct TV they told me the settlement was only with them, not with Direct TV they would still require the full payment in order to continue service. But to me when a collection agency is collecting on behalf of a company, they represent them. When they offer a settlement offer it should be honored as such. We are not talking about a huge amount either, the balance owing is $60. It's not the money issue it is the principal that I made an agreement to pay an offer of a settlement to accept payment as paid in full!!!! According to the letter they sent me. Why is it ok for Direct TV to try and come after me for the difference. Isn't that the point of a settlement offer is that you only pay a portion of the bill, and it is consedered paid in full. Isn't there any legal ramifications here? Also they now are saying that I won't recieve any of my deposit back because I didn't fulfill my 12 month commitment!! So now they are not only keeping my $170 deposit but still not showing the $60 as being paid either. They also won't let me speak to anyone in the collections department where I made the arrangement. When I called the collection agency they said it was passed back on the Direct TV's collection department. They have no record of the transaction and the debit on my credit card is from Direct TV. So Direct TV is saying I made a deal with the collection agency and the collection agency is saying I made a deal with the Direct TV collections department. So if in fact I made the deal with Direct TV and they collected the money from my credit card aren't they supposed to honor the agreement. Even if I made the deal with the collection agency aren't they working as an agent of Direct TV and wouldn't they then also need to honor the agreement. I am at a loss here. I have been getting the runaround for 2 hours now on the phone calling several numbers just to be transferred over and over again. In fact the supervisor Andrea Gilbert at Direct TV hung up on me as did 1 other member of Direct TV and 1 from the collection agency. Allied Collections. So in the end I am out $170 deposit, they will put the $60 into collections and then onto my credit and I still don't have service! Natalie tempe, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Glendale, California
Oct 18 2004
Direct TV Ripoff illegal renewal Boise Idaho
Direct TV billed me for automatic renewal. I did not request service or receive service. The invoice has been sent to collections. I've notified by phone and in writing. Michael Naperville, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Boise, Idaho
Feb 09 2008
Direct Tv high cost to watch tv Atlanta georgia
Direct tv is a rip . If you do not want there service they charge 112.00 for disconnet, but on paper it says 15.00 to disconnect. If you refused to pay it. they have the right to issue a draft against your checking account for the amount. Ms.ellen CArrollton, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
May 22 2008
Direct TV unautherised charges El Segundo California
In October 2007 I could not get reseption on my TV. I called Direct TV and was told that my reseption box was faulty and that the would send me a replacemtnt. They did not inform me that by my receiving this repacement, I would be extending my contract for 2 years. If they had, I never would have accepted said box because I new that I would be moving in December. When I called them to discontinue my service I was told to return the box,(which I did,) and was told that I would be charged a $73.42 Early canellation fee. I told them that Since I was never informed about that and was not given the option, I would not pay it. After writting to tham many times and not getting any response they have turned this matter over to a collection agency. Artie Boynton Beach, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: El Segundo, California
Aug 18 2011
Direct TV NFL SUNDAY TICKET Internet, Colorado
I signed up for directv in May 2011 with an offer for FREE NFL SUNDAY TICKET with a choice extra package or higher. When I went to activate it I was told we did not offer that until July and you have to pay. I told them I had an e-mail offer and MY CONTRACT STATES FREE NFL Sunday Ticket.I was basically told TOO BAD... you have to pay!!!!! I am now into them for 20 more months.BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU DO WITH THEM!!!!!!THEY LIE!!!! AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO.THE ATTY. GENERALS OFFICE WANTS A 5 PAGE COMPLAINT TO MOVE FORWARD.
Entity: Internet, Colorado
May 06 2012
Direct TV DirectTV Deceptive, manipulative practices, Internet
I am writing this letter as a complaint against a cable television/ Internet provider known as DirectTV. This company used fraudulent, manipulative, and deceptive tactics to make me sign a 24 month contract with their company.I signed the contract and ordered this service because DirectTV promised me that I would receive a high speed Internet and cable connection for $39.99 a month. This was supposed to be a package deal, with Verizon providing the high speed Internet, and DirectTV providing the cable.Upon installation of my cable service by a DirectTV technician, I was informed that I would have to contact Verizon regarding my high speed Internet connection.  When I contacted Verizon, I was informed that I would only be getting dial up service instead of high speed internet. Needless to say, I was very disappointed since these were not the terms under which I signed the contract. DirectTV did not fulfill their contractual obligations.I cancelled my service with DirectTV, and was let out of my contract by an employee named Doreen, who also assured that I would not be charged any early termination fees. Shortly thereafter, I received a statement in the mail saying I was responsible for a $440 early cancellation fee.I have spoken to several DirectTV supervisors, and explained to them that I was misled into signing a contract. All attempts to have this fee waived have been futile, and even had one supervisor speak to me in a very condescending tone and she basically called me liar. DirectTV passed the blame on Verizon and vice-versa. DirectTV has already billed me 39.99 for a month of service, which I don't have an issue with.I would like this cancellation fee of $440 to be waived since DirectTV did not uphold their end of the agreement. I should not be held responsible for DirectTV's shortcomings. After doing some research, it became apparent that this was not an isolated incident with several thousand consumers having experienced a similar situation.
Mar 04 2011
Direct TV Constant service outages Internet, California
Signed up for service 1 month ago.  Also paid  for extra protection program.  $85/month  Have outage and no tv/cable for days at a time.  Can't get service technicians out on a timely basis although I am paying a monthly fee for the additional service protection  Their customer service is awful, once you are on a contracted plan you are stuck with them, whether you are getting any tv reception at all.  After 10 phone calls with extensive wait times and no resolve combined with the fact that this latest outage was the third issue in 4 weeks, the customer service department finally escalated my issue (outage) to their Case Managers. The managers are as bad as the customer service reps as far as not caring.  They will make it clear that because you are contracted under their plan  they don't really care if you have any service or not.   Latest outage was 4 days of no tv at all. Had to take a half day off from work for technican as they will only make calls during business days.  later told this was not the truth either.  Once tv was restored  it took another two calls to try to get a refund for lost days  of whereby they agreed to refund $9.00.  Total on this Tally on this latest  outage: 4 days no service, 12 phone calls to horrible servcie representatives  and  1/2  day of work lost.  Oh yes for all this -  a $9.00 refund. Be warned that Direct TV this is not a reputable cable provider and it will be a fight every other week.
Entity: Internet, California
Apr 19 2010
Direct TV Justin Ripping off my checking account Internet
Lost home, no TV set so can't use Direct TV's service. We cancelled and explained the situation to Justin who laughed and took his time switching me to a supervisor who was very rude while telling me that I will be billed for early contract cancellation and the money taken from our account even though themonthly service was paid in full. She was not interested in my plight of no longer having anywhere to live or a TV set, said I signed a contract and the money needed to be paid. We closed our bank account and will see what happens next. This of course causes other complications but maybe it will be worth it just to get Direct TV out of our bank account. It sounds so simple when you sign up but take it from me....do not give them access to your account.
Dec 03 2009
DIRECT TV DISCONNECT FEE IS UNFAIR Internet
For the past 15 years I have been a loyal customer of Direct TV and paid my bill EVERY month on time.  When I decided to try another company and disconnected, Direct TV charged me a $140.00 disconnection fee.   Why would the do this after 15 years of business?   This is the worst business model that I have ever heard.   To make things worse they tried to keep me as a customer by charging me a lower rate.  Too late!  WHY DID THEY NOT DO SOMETHING LIKE GIVE ME SOME FREE MOVIES OR LOWER MY BILL BEFORE I DECIDED TO TRY THE COMPETITION?   Unbelievable stupidity for a business model...   I am now with (((Redacted)))and will NEVER go back to Direct TV.   They have no business morals or intelligence! sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Jun 03 2011
direct tv cable company, Internet
Terrible company dont u ever sign anything with them!!!!! Even worst customer service, they will transfer you from one reprehensive to anther and no one will help you!!!! No way to get out of the contract even if you move to area where they cant provide you with service. Dont let them fool you!!!!! Im regretting the moment that I didnt read the small letters in the contract
Entity: Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550, Internet
Jan 16 2013
Direct TV Stealing off Debit card Internet
We canceled our services with Direct Tv due to the bill was never the same. We were with them for over 20years. We happend to want to upgrade our receiver a year ago, but never activated it until this past year. They said they put a new 2 year contract on that new receiver, even though it had already been a year that we upgraded.  They told me over the phone, we have to pay for the 2yrs cancelation fee, if we did not they would use my card on file. I just received the bill  about a week ago, and they have already took the funds off my debit card today, drained the balance in my account over 500.00 was stolen. They did not have authorizaton to do this. Watch out for this company, everyone.
Direct TV Ripoffs EL Segundo California
I will also be including Verizon Hoem Phone service .. It all started when I called verizon to ask about their long distance calling plan, at that time they offered a bundle package. add Direct tv and I would recive a discount. I asked if they had local chanals.. Oh yes, of corse said the rep. So I signed up .. they came out and installed everything, the tech said I have 30 days to cancel with no comitment, well four day lator I was waching TV and found I had no local chanals. so I called them to cancel, the operator told me that when I signed the contract the tech gave me, when he came out I comited to a one year agreement which I had three days to cancel.. I looked over the contract and no where dose it say I have a comitment for One year, nor the three day cancellation either. needless to say I was stuck with them for one year or have to pay a $395 cancellation fee. they did tell me that when they would get local chanals they would be happy to give me the local chanals at no extra cost. Six months lator they get local in my area and I called to get local chanals, but now they say I have to upgrade my reciver Box to a HD rciver, so I say I dont even have a HD TV, But it the only way to get the local chanals, I also asked will if this will extend my one yaer commitment they said no. Now a year lator I am going thru a Job elimination and I have to cut my bugget and I called to cancel my Directv service. I told them I have completed me one year agreement. Oh no they said when you upgraded to the HD reciver you atomaticly extened the contract for two years.Now I am sill stuck with the cancelation fee. Dont let this nightmare happen to you .. the reps are all lires.. one they have you they wont let you go.. without a fee. Daniel Desert Hot Springs, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Feb 27 2009
Direct TV Unauthorized Debit Englewood Colorado
I was charged $818.66 by Direct TV earlier this week. I have faxed in a copy of my bank statement like they asked. It was also for my husband using his card for a one time authorized payment and them saving his card information. I have called several times for the last three days. I have been told it will take 14 days, 8-10 business days, or 6 weeks. There is no explanation as to why it would take that long if they have admitted why they took the money and where they applied it and they have proof that it was taken from my account. I keep hearing that it has to go through Financial Operations. Nobody in the customer service department at Direct TV has a number or physical address for this portion of the company. I have been a direct tv customer for five years and I am now convinced that Dish Network would be a better choice for me. They have asked me everytime about my relationship to the person that our card was on file for and I give them the same response everytime, It doesn't matter because his account, name, and address aren't the same as mine. One rep told me that they are allowed to hold our card number on file and use it as an attempt to collect a debt. I let her know that my bank felt differently about that because I only authorized a single transaction. I have notified the BBB and I have spoken with my bank. I am giving them until the end of the 8 days and then my bank will refund it and they will deal with the bad business ethics of direct tv's unauthorized debit. Julia **** Theodore, AlabamaU.S.A.
Entity: Englewood, Colorado
Sep 17 2010
Direct TV Missleading information. As per advertisment of company. Internet
Direct TV's advertisement is not what they imply.I spoke to a sales person of Direct TV and was told that their was no hidden charges.When I received my statement. It was not what the advertisement was. The advertisement read. Free HD TV for life,Free HBO,Cinemax,Star and Showtime for 5 mounths for $29.99. When the technician came to install my new services, he did not install any HD boxes. He installed regular channel boxes. I was supposed to receive HD Boxes.I received a bill from Direct TV of $56.22 five day after instillation. I called customer service and was told that the advertisement was for the southern states only. I live in Florida. He later explained to me that the advertising company they use is still printing and sending out expired advertisement. I till today (Sept. 17,2010) am still reviving the same advertisment.
Dec 07 2010
Direct TV Bad Buisness. Poor Customer services. Internet
I had a appointment with Direct TV for instalation on Monday the Dec 6th from 8.00AM to 12.00 Noon.Around 11.00 am  and around 11am i called direct tv and was told the technician will arrive around 1.00PM. Since i applied for Leave from 8.00am to 12.00 noon from work i had to leave thehouse at 1.00pm. Due to their negligence i loss 4 hour wages and request for same. and also request for the pain of mind.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Nov 26 2012
Direct TV referral program a scam Internet
I have given out my account number 2 times to friends for Direct TV . Both times they were told that if they didn't use the referral program they would get a better deal from them.  What is the point of the referral program then if the company is going to rip you off anyways.  Also I just called Directtv and I was talking to India the girl put me on hold for 25 minutes what kind of customer service is this company trying to prove.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Sep 03 2012
Direct TV Misrepresented Service Maricopa, Arizona
On  April 18, I purchased monthly satellite tv based upon the representation by agent that Sirius Music was available on Direct TV.  It was installed on April 28 and discovered that Sirius Music was not available on this service.  I cancelled by phone and was told to mail equipment back.  The conversation with sales agent was recorded so Direct TV knows I insisted it have Sirius Music.  I paid one months service even though I didn't use service.  Direct TV claims that I signed a contract when I signed the acknowledgement of service upon installation.  They then charged me $400 penalty for cancelling service.  I paid it to make them cease collection notices but they should pay it back since they misrrepresented to me and I made it clear on my initial phone call what I desired.
Entity: Maricopa, Arizona
Mar 16 2013
Direct TV Equipment Return Scam, Internet
I was a Direct TV customer in Gulf Shores, AL 36542 and terminated my service in February 2013. I paid my balance in full at that time and was instructed that the only means to return their equipment was to wait for boxes and labels to be delivered to my new address in Gulf Shores. Nothing has been delivered and today, they deducted 550.00 from my bank account.  I called them regarding this matter and was told that I violated the terms of my agreement by not returning the equipment and was therefore charged this amount.  I asked about the return and was informed that their records indicate that according to FEDEX tracking number, the package was undeliverable at my address and returned on March 5th.  They indicated that they were sending a new box out immediately and that I could expect a refund about 5 business days after they recieve and inventory the returned equipment.   This is outrageous in my opinion.  They control all the means for a return and have my full contact information in the event those means fail as in this case and yet I am bearing the burden of this process.  They are a large corporation with deep pockets and 550.00 is a significant portion of my monthly retirement income and represents over 50% of my disposible funds after bills.  I have been repeatedly rebuffed throughout the day by customer service representatives based in the Philippines who are unable to comprehend English and a system that makes no provisions to speak to a representative who speaks English as a first language and can comprehend situational facts. Their responses are boilerplate and a restatement of their terms of agreement without any recongnition of the particular facts and their failures in this process.  They bombard me with daily promotional emails to their advantage and yet, cannot use the very same email address to notify my of the failure of delivery to my very valid mailing address.  I get USPS mail each day and have had at least one FedEx delivery in the month I have resided here.  To further clarify the matter, I had terminated part of my service earlier in the year and it took a long time for the return box to arrive so I was not alarmed when it was approaching 30 days since I have terminated my complete service and no boxes had arrived.  I could provide the exact dates of this previous transaction but Direct TV has terminated my access to my online account and their Filipino representatives were incapable of understanding my requests for that information.  I even waited for an extended period to speak with a supervisor and Heidi (not a real name as she too was based in the Philippines and I never met a Filipino named Heide in the two years I lived there), and she too was not able to understand or comprehend my request for dates of my first service transaction or she pretended to not understand so as to prevent me from gaining relevant complaint support.  I asked each person that I spoke with to be transfered to an English speaking representative and was finally told that I just had to continue to call the one number and wait for the luck of the draw to end up with a US based representative.  This too seems outrageous to me.   I would like for my funds to be immediately returned and if I fail to comply with the terms of thuser agreement after I receive the boxes and labels, then I expect to be charged.  It seems suspicious to me that they do not follow up in these situations where they have sophisticated tracking systems to ensure that they track returns and yet they fail to use this same system and my account information to notify me when there is a significant failure.  I am also suspect because it is widely known that they have recently updated their equipment offering which renders my equipment obsolete and the more customers that can be charged the inflated original full price for this outdated equipment, the greater the financial windfall for Direct TV.  It is likely that many customers that terminate their accounts are engaged in a more significant relocation and may not notice or be too busy to act when similar  deductions are made and it would not surprise me if this whole circumstance is a well orchestrated business enterprise intended to increase profits.
72, Report #1220662
Apr 06 2015
Direct TV Charged Me for Someone Else's Past Bill Nationwide
I noticed Direct TV on my bank statement. I have never had Direct TV in my life. An ex boyfriend had stolen my card number and used it to sign up for Direct Tv and they refused to refund the money. Even worse they continued to charge me to the tune of $480 even after I told them it wasnt my bill or me who charged it ( I am a woman, he is a man using my card and the bill is in his, a mans name). They didnt care took the money and never saw it again. I disputed it with my bank to no avail. They got the money and I got screwed!
Feb 19 2016
Direct TV AT&T Unauthorized payment orlando Nationwide
On 2/18/16 Direct TV charged my personal account for $780.05. They took every dollar down to the last cent out my account. I do not have a CC on file, or did I enroll in auto bill pay. They went back to my previous method of payment and automatically charged my card. I did not receive email or phone notification of this transaction. I called DIRECTV to get a refund on my account and to let them know I did not authorize any payments on my account. They told me I will get a refund of only $311 of the $780 they took out my account. They added on cancellation fees, equipments fee and my account was reactived. I am a single parent who has bills just like everyone else. On the day I received my paycheck I checked my balance it was $0.00. I don't have a dollar in my account due to an unauthorized payment on my account from DIRECTV. They say it will take 7-10 business days for me to get a refund iof $311. I am devasted and upset and may have to live in the dark, or fo to a shelter due to my light bill not being paid. I have no family and no one to help me out.
Dec 28 2015
Direct tv Misrepresentation of cable plan Internet
 We were sold a cable plan by a sales representative. It was explained to us that we would have free movie channels for one year. When we signed our contract it said 3 months, however, the rep assured us that after 3 months he would take care of the charges for us. We started getting billed for the movie channels and suddenly the rep couldn't do anything for us. When we contacted direct tv, they also wouldn't do anything for us. We provided them with copies of the text messages showing the rep said free for one year, however they wouldn't fix the problem. This is fraud and misrepresentation. We were bated into a plan that doesn't exist and direct tv will not correct this issue.
Entity: Internet
Feb 25 2017
Direct Tv , don't bother West Palm Beach Nationwide
 have Direct TV the Television goes off every time it rains its terrible that signal is lost when it rains and in Florida it rains allot. The TV was off over a hour ..their service is terrible .Direct TV is a terrible company don't bother

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 1,463