DRIVETIME Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: drivetime

There may be more reports for "drivetime"

For more results perform a general search for "drivetime"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jul 30 2004
DriveTime ripoff, nasty, not customer friendly Leesburg Florida
On 12-28-02 I purchased a Black 2000 Ford Taurus Se from the DriveTime in Leesburg, FL. The reason I went to DriveTime is because I had less than $1000 and I needed a second car and good dependable car to get back and forth to work. The car was nice clean, 75,000+ miles, rides good, very cold AC, no dents a few scratches thou. He said that it had been inspected by their mechanic, I was given the history report of the car, and I was told after two years from the purchase of the car that I could trade it in. I agreed to the terms and I drove off the lot. A big mistake because the car have been given me problem. I have told them about it but they don't car On Saturday in 9-03 I was out of town and I was driving the car I heard a loud boom and then the car started running hot, it stalled out and shut off, the ac quit working and it started ticking. Well I had to get it towed home. Well, I took it back to them to see what the problem was; they told me that they had to send my car to Sanford, FL to head servicing center. Once there they would us what the problem is then we will let you know. So I agreed. After a couple of days I was told that the alternator, air conditioner condenser and water pump had to be replaced. All these parts went out at the same time it was very expensive to get fixed. I told them that I could afford to get all that stuff fixed and I told them to keep the car. They kept my car for a week. They called themselves given me a deal by cutting the cost in half they also offered me a repair repayment plan and I agreed. I got the car back and it was making a chirping sound like birds were underneath the hood. I took the car back and the repair manger Mike along with his the mechanic said that it was the alternator adjusting and for me to get some WD40 and spray on it. I tried it and it didn't work. I continued to drive the car for about one week and the noise was getting louder. After that week I took the car by one of my friend's house who is also a mechanic he looked under the hood and told me it was the serpentine belt. The serpentine belt was about to break. I had to replace the serpentine belt and it wasn't cheap. One Sunday after church I was driving down the highway and I heard a loud noise under the hood and I almost lost control the car thank GOD I was the only one on the road at that time. I had little control of the car. It scared me to death. I managed to get the car off the road. I pop the hood and anti freeze was everywhere come to find out the idle pulley tenser broke. That Monday I went into DriveTime and I showed the part to the manager Chuck. He said what do you expect, it normal wear and tear beside Ford makes cheap parts now and days. They don't make cars like they use too. I told him what if I would have wreck and one of my kids got hurt or killed then what. His respond was you didn't wreck and don't worry about it. I was furious. Since I have had this piece of junk I have replaced brakes, 3 sets of rotors, brakes, bulbs, wheel cylinder, spark plugs, I have had some work done on the transmission, valves, 3 Serpentine belts one broke about three months ago while I was coming home from work during rush hour; radiator reservoir busted replaced on 7-26-04, tires, gaskets, you name it I have replaced it. Parts aren't cheap. Top it off it's burning too much gas. Had a tune up and it's still burning gas. I am constantly being harassed about payments. My payments are current. When I make repairs it's kind of hard to make a full payment. However; I do try to pay something. However if you are a day late they are calling you. Even if you called them to make arrangement they constantly will call you Breakfast, lunch, dinner time, four, five and six times a day they don't care. They will even call your references and harass them. They even will use their cell phones to call my house and job. They even have DriveTime from Orlando, FL calling me. On 7-19-04 at 6:01 I received a call on my answering machine from Dan/Leesburg, FL; DriveTime. When I got home I called returned Dan's phone call it was 6:30pm on 7-19-04. Dan wanted to know when I was coming in to make my payment. He said that I had made an arrangement for the 7-17-04 which was not true. I told him that I had not mad any arrangements with any one. When you make arrangement in person or verbally on the phone they still call claim that they don't have any information in the system. I said to Dan how stupid can you be I don't get paid until the day before my car payment is due. Why would I make arrangements when I didn't have any money? My car payment wasn't due until 7-24-04 and I was behind only $62.35. They harassed me one time for less than $20 one time and late fees. Late fees are another story. They don't give you a grace period like a real dealership. For everyday that you are late they charge you a late fee. After I talked to Dan on the 7/19/04 I went out of town for a few days and when I got home I checked my Caller-ID and answering machine I had a total of 8 messages. Dan called from 7-21-04 thru 7-24-04 saying that it was very important that I call him. He even left several messages on my voice mail at work. It pissed me off I didn't even make my payment on 7-24. I waited Monday 7-26-04. I took my house phone with me to show them my caller ID and I was heated. I showed my phone caller ID to Jeanna/CSR in the finance department. I was pissed. She said I didn't call you that Idiot Dan called me. Dan was sitting in there when I walked in he turned his back to me. I told them not to call my house or my job anymore because I know my obligation. I pay my bills. I asked Jeanna about my balance which was $7000+ and what's the requirement for a trade-in. Jeanna (Finance dept) told me that I had to get a balance of $2500 or less before they would consider a trade. I told her that I didn't want to trade-in the car with them. She said that I could take the car some where else if they would accept the trade. She said that the other company's probably wouldn't accept it because I owe too much on it. Another thing she said that DriveTime wouldn't release the loan or titles until after two-three years. I told her that was nonsense. I am tired of making repairs and payment at the same time. I am a single parent living from paycheck to paycheck. I advise anyone if you need a car do not go to DriveTime in Leesburg, FL. Save your money and go to a real dealership. Look in your local shopping guide to purchase your vehicle. Some time a private owner is better. I have an 88 Pontiac 6000 that I bought in 11/99. I am the second owner of that car and it's still drivable it's in better condition than my 2000 Taurus SE. FORD stands for Fix On Repair Daily or Find On Road Dead. Theresa Eustis, FloridaU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Time, formally known as Ugly Duckling which is registered under the same ownership.
Entity: Leesburg, Florida
Aug 04 2004
Drivetime deceptive and unfair business practices Glendale Arizona
I have worked on many cars from drivetime but the most unusual case involves a ford windstar that my father in law had purchased from drivetime. There existed many serious mechanical flaws due to incompetent installation of replacement parts in this vehicle. But as soon as the repairs were complete he received a parking citation for the vehicle he had traded in for the van he has now. It seems that drivetime allows their employees to drive vehicles out of their lots and not properly transfer ownership with the dmv. Drivetime also practices the art of assigning their own license plates to trade in vehicles. Consumers be aware that drivetime preys on people in need of cars and targets discriminately individuals with poor credit. Drivetime is in the business of selling repossed and trade in vehicles that are unsafe and not roadworthy past thirty days. Paul Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Glendale, Arizona
Oct 22 2003
DRIVETIME - UGLY DUCKLING ripoff Phoenix Arizona
I am another VICTIM of Drivetime/Ugly Duckling car sales. First, I guess I should have know NOT to buy a car from a place called Ugly Duck. The Jeep Grand Cherokee I bought as like everyone had extremely high interest rates. Which is not my problem, I signed the contract so I have nobody to blaim but myself. The problem is the lack of honesty and integrity the staff has. The car has/had numerous problems from the get go. Now the truck is odviously as is, however the salesman in attempt to close the sale told me hey if there is a problem bring it back, most of the time we will fix it for free or pay most of it I was like wow, thats great. I hadnt been able to drive for about a year so I was excited. A few months after I purchased the truck the problems started. I took it to the recon shop and like everyone else they said oh, its ok they claimed they made some adjustments and it was ok. Well the problem was was that the GM was going to get me into another car because of the problems. The instructions were to look at the truck, DONT fix it that way we could see how much damage there was. Well some new person didnt write that on the work order, so they fixed it. Well a year and a half later, the vehicle has been in the shop 12+ times and they now refuse to fix it. I like anyone else that had their car in the shop 3 times in 10 days got irate. They then preceded to tell me it was my fault the car didnt work. I really got mad then. You see in Az its about 110 degrees outside, and when your car is broken down its not fun to push a SUV in that heat. To make a long story short, they now refuse to fix the vehicle and I am out a few thousand dollars. I have filed a law suit with ex-employees on my witness list to make them pay. I understand the car is used, but I would think it would last the term of the loan. FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT THINK WE ARE WINING AND IT'S OUR FAULT. YOU ARE A IDIOT, JUST BECAUSE YOU SIGN SOMETHING DOES NOT MEAN YOUR ENTITLED TO GET RIPPED OFF. DRIVETIME MAY HELP SOME PEOPLE WITH CREDIT ISSUES BUT THE AMOUNT THEY RIP OFF IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. That's like saying that the hospital let only a small percent of people die, but they help alot of them. BOLOGNA. One way or another, I will get my money. Nate Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Sep 13 2004
DRIVETIME is a rip-off! CLEARWATER Florida
I am an 18 year college student who had absolutely no credit at the beginning of this year. I went to DriveTime to purcahse a vehicle because they were willing to work with me, seeing as though I had no co-signers. I purchased a 2002 Dodge Neon with 43,000 miles on it in Feb. I put $1500 down and also had $500 trade. My monthly bill was about $350 a month. I paid all payments faithfully and on time. In July my car began to overheat, I told DriveTime about and told me I could have the car towed in. I gave them the location of my car and they never came. I then took it to a shop I was familiar with and was told that I needed a new radiator. It would cost me $340. I got the radiator replaced and not more than 2 weeks later my check engine light came on and the gears on my car wer not changing properly. I took the car back to where I got it fixed and was told that I had a tranmission problem and that they do not fix transmissions. I was referred to another shop and was given an estimate of $1200 just to acess the problem. I was outraged that a car this young would have these type of problems so soon. I could not afford this of course anyway. I decide not to drive my car as much until I could figure out what I was going to do. I contacted DriveTime and of course received no help. Then one night as I was coming home from work, my car began to act funny. I pulled over on the side of the road. Shut off the engine then turned it back on. The wheels wouldn't even turn. I left the car there and returned the next day to have it towed home. It ended up being inpounded byt the Florida Highway Patrol. I have consulted a lawyer and I will be taking legal action against them. When I told DriveTime about the transmission problem the finance manager told me that they would fix the car and tack the bill onto my loan. The General Manager than told me that they would do nothing, that I would either have to fix the car on my own or do a voluntary repo. I never did get my car out of the inpound and I have not paid any more on the note, so they repo'ed the car after 2 weeks. My lawyer has sent them a letter and they have 30 days to reply to it or they will be facing a lawsuit. Marquita ST. PETERSBURG, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: CLEARWATER, Florida
Nov 30 2007
Drivetime Harrasment and repo threats Virginia Beach Virginia
I bought a car from Drivetime two months ago. I'm in the Navy so I set up and allotment with the company. First month went fine but the secound one they have called and said the have recived no allotment for my payment. the car note is about 380.00 a mounth so I informed them that the money was not in my check and they should have gotten paid. The next week a woman calls and says that they lost all the allotment paper work and they can't find it. I called the allotment company and they say they never go the paper work so I set my own up with them to get the money. But 400.00 is still missing. I gave the 200.00 hopeing that this would stop the calls but know they call me daily and call my family and freinds. a Repo lady called and wants the car even thought my allotment is paided today and i only owe them 180.00. They lost the paper work and says its my fault and if I don't pay they will repo the car for less than 200.00. They call you four and five time a day and whan I tried to call corparate to complain they transfered me right back to the dealer ship I was complaining about. I'm upset and plan to report them to the Navy Stay away list so other sailors don't get caught up in the same mess. Telma VA Beach, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Mar 15 2006
Ugly Duckling, Drivetime ripoff Doraville Georgia
Several Years ago I bought a 94 Ford Probe from Ugly Duckling. Now first that wasn't the car I orginally was looking at, but after running my credit they told me that is the one I can get. So I end up getting that car, since my job required me to have one for my position. Well it wasn't even 60 days and the engine went out on the car. Well they replace the engin, but they wanted me to pay for it or go half. I stated that the car isn't even 90 days old and the engine is gone. Well after the engine was replace about another month went buy and the over drive light was coming on on the car. Well I was driving my room mate to work and all of a sudden tI heard a pop and the car wouldn't move. It was running, but I couldn't get it to move. So I got it towed to a mechanic and he told me that the transmission has wen t out and this car should have never been sold. So I called them back and told then what had happen to the car. they stated that I still had to pay my car not and they could refer me to get my transmission fixed, but they aren't goning to pay for it. So I got it replaced $1500 and maybe another monthe went buy and the car caught on fire. NOw I have them listed on my credit report and I amd stuck owing this debt for a car that shouldn't have been sold in the first place. Keith Baltimore, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Doraville, Georgia
Apr 06 2005
Ugly Duckling - Drivetime ripoff Phoenix Arizona
I bought a 1989 Ford Tauras in Phoenix, AZ in 1997 for about $5800. I had the car for approximately one year making payments and without too many complaints. I became ill in 1998 and consequently am now on disability. When I got sick and began having trouble with my payments, they would appear to work with me, never telling me they were adding an $8.00 fee every time they helped me. This would always cause me to go right back into a delinquent status the day after I made the payment. (One of their employees actually confided to me that they were specifically told duriing training NOT to tell customers of this fee.) Then their collection people began getting nasty, going so far as to call my son who was in another state and tell him they'd been trying to reach me for days and noone seemed to know where I was. Knowing I was ill, this of course scared my son to death. Truth be told, they'd have just spoken to me that same day. They called my home and told another son what a degenerate and deadbeat his mother was and that they knew for a fact I wasn't really sick. They even sent a tow truck to sit in front of my home for about an hour one evening. After that, my daughter returned the car to the company for me. Then we went through about a month of calls from them being very nice and trying to get me to take back the car. I had no income at this point but they didn't seem to understand that. I never heard from them after that time. Until now. Now I'm being told that a collection agency has my account and they want (give or take) $4300. They also tell me the car sold at auction for an amount greater than the balance on my loan at the time. When I asked for verification of the debt, I received two copies of my original contract. No documentation of the payments I made before becoming ill, no mention of the price brought at auction. I'm obviously going to fight this because I honestly do NOT believe I owe DriveTime any money! Not only that, if there had been a balance after the auction, why wasn't I notified back then?? What I'm wondering now is if anyone knows of a class action suit against this company for these type reasons. Jo Cleveland, OhioU.S.A.
Feb 08 2008
DriveTime, Janet They Smile in your Face Orlando Florida
Like everyone who probably filed a report, I too had bad credit and I was in need of a car. I went into the DriveTime dealership and everyone was so nice and tryin to help ne out. At least thats what I thought. Then this B*tch name Janet said she was gonna help me. they said that my credit was really bad and they made it seem as if no one in the world would be able to get me a car. Then they made it seem like they were doing me a favor by approving me for a car. At first I thought twice because I wasnt too happy about the idea then they gave me speech on how I should get the car and be able to trade it in with no problem. Damn lyers!!! Now they have me making these large bi-weekly payments to a car that has almost 100,000 miles. I had a friend that told me to just return the car to them but i dont know how bad my credit be with that repo on it. If there is anyway that I can get rid of this car I would do. I walking in the dealership to make a payment and I see people there tryin to buy a car. I just feel like telling them how F*cked up DriveTime is. Casanova16 Orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Oct 27 2003
DRIVETIME WON'T FIX CAR LIE TO CUSTOMERS Phoenix Arizona
OH, BOY DO I HAVE A STORY TO TELL. FIRST LET ME BEGIN BY STATING I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE HIGHT INTEREST RATES. I SIGNED THE NOTE, I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS. THE PROBLEM BEGAN ABOUT 1.5 YEARS AGO. I HAD LOST MY LICENSE AND JUST GOT IT BACK SO I WAS EXCITED TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE AGAIN. I HAVE A DRIVETIME RIGHT DOWN THE STREET AND SAW A JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE. I WENT AND LOOKED AT IT AND WAS GOING TO PUT THE MONEY DOWN, BUT THEY SAID WAIT. I WENT IN THE NEXT DAY AND THE SALESMAN SAID ANOTHER CUSTOMER WAS LOOKING AT IT SO IT MIGHT GET SOLD. ANYWAY I ENDED UP GETTING THE JEEP. ABOUT A MONTH LATER THE PROBLEMS STARTED, MASSIVE TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, AND THINGS I CANT EVEN DESCRIBE. I CALLED THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY SAID OH, IT'S NOTHING. I DID NOT LET THEM OFF SO EASY. I KEPT BOTHERING THEM UNTIL THEY SAID OK BRING IT IN. THEY CLAIMED THEY FIXED IT AND NOW 1.5 YEARS LATER IT IS IN WORSE CONDITION. NOW, THE REASON I AM SO MAD IS BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP 14+ TIMES, AND EACH TIME THEY SAY ITS FIXED. WELL I GOT IRATE ABOUT THE 13TH TIME, NOW THEY SAY ITS NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY I AM OUT OF THE WARRANTY. YES I AM, BUT WHEN I WAS IN THE WARRANTY PERIOD THEY DIDNT FIX THE CAR. IF THEY DID I WOULD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. THE CAR BROKE AGAIN ABOUT A WEEK AGO. THEY TOWED IT TO RECON, AND THEN DID NOTHING TO IT FOR 3 WEEKS AND NOW IT SITS IN THE PARKING LOT WITH THE KEYS IN IT. AND THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR THE TOW BACK TO MY HOUSE. I TOLD THEM, YOU TOLD ME TO TOW IT THERE, ITS YOUR JOB TO BRING IT BACK. THEY SAY NO. WELL LET ME TELL YOU. THEY RIPPED THE WRONG PERSON OFF. THEY WILL WISH THEY NEVER MET ME. NO, ITS NOT A THREAT. ITS ALL GOING TO BE LEGAL. WATCH THE NEW. Nate Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Oct 20 2003
Drivetime Formerly Ugly Duckling ripoff Clearwater Florida
my name is amy i got my 1995 maxima in 2002 never had a proplem until i got hurt on the jobs and i couldn't go to work for about two weeks so i coudn't make my payments on time and i expland what was the proplem they was fine until about to weeks ago when my husband went to my bank and took all of my money out of the bank so that ment that i had to work another week or two to get paid again so i can pay my payment and catch up with them is hard because once you get behide you can't catch up bacuse i still got a child at at home to take care of to and other bills thats also do to so what do i do i'm tring to catch up on every thing because my husband has taking all of my money when i needed it most . Amy clearwater, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Clearwater, Florida
Oct 22 2003
DRIVETIME-HOME OF THE RIP OFF KINGS ripoff Phoenix Nationwide
HEY ALL YOU IDIOTS DEFENDING DRIVETIME. YOU SAY IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT. I BET YOU $$$$$$$$ THAT IS A FAMILY MEMBER, FRIEND, OR LOVED ONE WAS INJURED OR KILLED BECAUSE DRIVETIME SOLD A CAR UNFIT TO BE DRIVEN YOU WOULD SUE THE PANTS OFF THEM! SO BEFORE YOU SAY IT'S NOT THIER FAULT, WHO ELSE'S FAULT IS IT THEY SELL CARS THAT ARE UNSAFE AND NOT MECHANICALLY SOUND? DID YOU TELL THEM TO DO IT? DO THE CUSTOMERS SAY HEY, COULD YOU SELL ME A PIECE OF JUNK? THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR'RE SAYING, IT IS THEIR FAULT! THEY LIE, THEY STEAL, AND CHEAT THE AMERICAN PUBLIC FOR THEIR OWN FINANCIAL GAIN NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? ALL YOU EMPLOYEES OF LOSERTIME, YOU HAVE SOME BAD CARMA COMING YOUR WAY. SO EAT THAT 5TH HAMBURGER LARDBUT YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU HAVE COMING. THERE IS ONLY 1 GOOD EMPLOYEE THERE BUT I WILL NOT REVEAL HIS NAME. HEY, CALL DON AT THE RECON SHOP, HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE JUNK CARS YOU GET. THAT IS WHERE THEY TAKE THE CARS FOR THE SO CALLED INSPECTION BEFORE THEY SELL THEM. DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE INTEREST, YOU SIGNED THE NOTE NOBODY HELD A GUN TO OUR HEADS AND SAID SIGN. BUT IT'S NOT OUR FAULT WE GOT RIPPED OFF! KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE. TAKE DOWN DRIVE- TIME. :) Nate Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Nationwide
Aug 15 2008
Drivetime The Go to Guys for Credit Marietta Georgia
I was young when I purchased my car from Drivetime and the only thing I had on my credit were two credit cards that was using at the time. They still hit me with a ridiculously high interest rate, and not to mention the bi-weekly payments that suck. But they were the only people that approved me when I was 19 tryiny to get a car in my own name. But anyways, I was wondering why my pay off date kept being extended. My bank sends them my payments every two weeks, one day before its due. Drivetime decided to have the date my payments were made in their system as the day they cashed the checks, rather than the day they received it. Therfore, my pay off date was constantly getting extended because they had been counting my payments as late payments and kept charging more interest. I spoke with customer service about it and explaind that I have the bank statements to prove that I've NEVER been late making a payment. Now where is my refund for all this extra interest I've paid????? Clearly, they had no answer. And last but not least, if anyone has dealt with them before, then you're familiar with the DTRewards program. Well I waited until I paid off my car (July 08) to redeem my points for something nice. Well the website mysteriously dissapeared. Spoke with customer service AGAIN and they said the program was cancelled in March 08. OKAAAAY.....So were you gonna tell your customers this? Why wasn't there a flyer mailed out saying redeem your points before this date? The reason I'm really pissed about that is because I had enough points to get a tv or sound system for free. Besides the fact of that, it would have been proper customer service. Oh....last thing seriously this time, they told me they mailed me my title on July 29th and resent it on August 6th when I called and said I never received it. Well either way it goes, today is Aug 15th and I still don't have it! Don't get your car from Drivetime, unless it is truly your last resort! They are very unprofessional. Stacee Atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Marietta, Georgia
Mar 17 2003
DRIVETIME ripoff takes advantage of the naive KISSIMMEE Florida
I WAS A FIRST TIME BUYER WHEN I WENT INTO DRIVETIME ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. THEY APPROVED THE LOAN AND I FELL FOR IT. $200 DOLLARS EVERY 2 WEEKS FOR 3 YEARS. WHEN THE SALESMAN TOLD ME IT WAS ONLY GOING TO BE FOR 2 YEARS ,TOTAL OF AROUND $16,000 INCLUDING MY DOWN PAYMENT. THE ACTUAL PRICE OF VEHICLE AT THE MOMENT WAS AROUND $3500.BUT NOW IS TOO LATE AND I ADMIT ITS MY FAULT FOR NOT KNOWING ANY BETTER. THANKS DRIVETIME. Richard KISSIMMEE, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: KISSIMMEE, Florida
Jan 17 2010
DRIVETIME They want to take all. Dallas, Texas
I went in with my truck as a down payment. They gave me 900.00 and used it as a down payment. My payments were 200.00 every two weeks....making the payment on the newer truck 400.00 a month. The rep. stated that his friend (my ex) was a friend of his and had bought a vehicle from the dealership before, and that would save me money on the interest. I used my truck but was considered the co-owner, We have since broke up and my ex returned the newer truck to them. I asked about the buyback they claimed to offer. (That is when a buyer can back out within a month or so and the deal is, providing the payments were kept up to date) Their definition of a back out (buyback) is when they get their vehicle back, but keep the one that was used as a down payment. I questioned the way the sale went down and reminded them of what a backout is. They were rude, and hung up the phone after saying that the backout was expired, and that my truck is long gone. A year later...I found out that my truck (the one I used as a down payment) is still in my name. Drivetime never bothered to get it transferred out of my name when the sale was made. That would have made me responsible for anything that would have happened. That is very unprofessional, as well as dangerous for me if someone used my truck in an illegal manner, or if it was involved in a wreck, or worse. The rep. insured me at the time of the sale that my truck title would be out of my name the next day from the sale date.  Which it was not. His motto seemed to be....lie to make the sale! Drivetime kept my truck and theirs too. I made the two truck payments totaling 400.00. So in the end....they got their truck back, kept my Truck, and kept the 400.00 as well. I got absolutely nothing. Then I called to question the practices. I was told to come on in and they would sell me another vehicle with another down payment, I could get a great deal. Well I have experienced what they call a great deal....maybe for them but surely not for the buyer. They will take you for everything they can, then treat you with disrespect.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Aug 10 2009
Drivetime sold wreck of a car to friend Dallas Texas
a friend of our bought a car from drivetime and within month it needed repairs. they could not believe it. she was aways on time with her payments and did not miss a one. we they got mad at all the complaints she made and they tryed to repo her car saying she was over three months behind in payments and she proved she was not and they they told her they would not get the car. then the same night they came and got the car saying she was not suppose to let anyone else drive the car.that was illegal. now she is fighting to get her car back. i have never heard that you can not let anyone borrow you car if you bought it and are paying it. Frustrated dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Jul 17 2012
Drivetime They knew what they were doing El Monte California
Drivetime knew what they were doing. I needed a car to drive back and forth to school. I was going to a technical school to became an automotive tech. When I walked on the lot I saw the car I wanted a 2002 Chevy S-10. They were trying to get me into a little yellow ford f***usaka focus. I told them that I would not be caught dead in a ford. So they tried again to get me in a car I was not going to be caught dead in. I told them the only car I was leaving with was the Chevy S-10. They agreed to sell it to me. I told them I wanted to test drive it and look under the hood, look at the under carriage they agreed.Well I get into the car, start it up and head off to take it for a test driveno gas. As soon as I drive off the lot the low gas light comes on. The guy tells me that they have been busy and have not been able to fill it up so I drive less than a mile. I ended up buy the car at two and half times its priceI needed a car! Well it is a great thing at I one-I have been working on cars for awhile. Two- that I was going to school to become a tech 3- that I could work on it while in school and get extra credit for it.So what is wrong with the car well, something is highly wrong with the transmission. I noticed it after I drive it (for more than a mile) I called them and told them, they said to take it to one of their tech. I did, and he said he could not hear the loud slap that it was making when you let the clutch out. Next, we have the fact that the hydraulic control unit for the brakes is bad. Another words if you hit the brakes and you are driving on a bumpy road and need to stopyou're not going to.yeah!! all I have to say is thank god the I can fix these things. My next gripe is with the fact they charge $7.50 to make a payment on line. They shut down the drivetime I usually make my payments at. I called to complain, no one cared. I wrote a letters again no one cared. The people at drivetime suck for ripping others off. Please don't go to drivetime to buy a car.Billzy Alhambra, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: El Monte, California
Apr 20 2009
Drivetime brain dead 2005 pontiac g6 Phoenix Arizona
i purchased a 2005 pontiac g6 from drivetime in january of 2008. i first saw a problem the night that i purchased the car, it did not have a key fob. which the car had a factory alarm and had to be programed to one otherwise every time i tried to get into my car the alarm would go off, so i had to actually go down to the local pontiac dealer to get one because they were too lazy to drive 5 miles to get one and get it programmed or order one and they said that they were going to refund me for the $75 that i had just spend out of pocket for something that should have already came with the car. it took me 10 weeks of driving down there, emailing, and calling them to ask where my check was. after i finally received my check from them everything became fine and dandy, until in october of 2008. i thought that my key fobs battery had died. so i took it down to a batteries plus here in phoenix and they said it was fine and that it just might need to be reprogrammed to the car. so i took it back to the pontiac dealership and spent 30 minutes trying to re pair it to my car and they told me that there might be something wrong with my computer chip in my car and that the car should still be under warranty and to take it back to drivetime and they would be able to fix it for free. so i drove back over there and of course with being the company that they are gave me a number to call, and after being transfered to like 8 other departments they told me that i was out of luck because it was not covered under their warranty. Anonymous phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Nov 11 2008
DriveTime Lemon Sold Charlotte North Carolina
We bought a 2003 Mustang GT from DriveTime auto on 09/15/2008. The car has been in and out of the shop 3times. Finally Drivetimes warranty Department let us take the car to Ford for diagnostics. We took it to them they stated that the car was basically a lemon. The transmission needs to be rebuilt. the hoses were leaking and need to be replacesd alighnment was off the gas cap that ws replaced by the company that was Drivetimes service vendor was the wrong one and needed to be replaced. And this is the same company that they want us to send the car back to to fix the transmission in the fisrt place. I have talked to Julia at Drivetimes warrenty department ,I have also taked to Angela Grueveski the warrenty manager and they cannot get it that why would we repair it from the same service place that didn't repair it in the first place. So after much haggling and fussing regarding this car. I have received the name of the companies President and will be writing himand o I am requesting the monies already put in the vehicle. DriveTimes cars are Lemons. William Charlotte, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Charlotte, North Carolina
Mar 25 2009
DRIVETIME Another Victim Charlotte North Carolina
Well, I got suckered by this company too. Purchased a 2006 Chevy Impala in Feb. 2009...it drove great....FOR A MONTH...then it started running hot. I called the warranty company, told them the car was running hot. I live about 30 mins away from their nearest repair shop...so they told me to take it to ANY ASE certified shop...I had it TOWED in...car was diagnosed with a leaking water pump and leaking head gasket....called the warranty company back and all of a sudden they wanted the car taken to one of their repair shops....I told them fine, but they would have to come get it and pay for the towing. They finally agreed...after being on the phone with them LITERALLY ALL DAY, they tell me tonight that they are not going to fix the car(even though the water pump is the FIRST item listed under their warranty) because it was due to customer negligence. If there is a lawsuit anywhere against these guys, PLEASE CONTACT ME...I refuse to pay them 400.00 a month for a car that I don't even HAVE(it is still at their repair shop in NC) and could not drive if I did have it. I would love to just have my downpayment back. Michelle Rock Hill, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Charlotte, North Carolina
Jan 05 2014
Drivetime sold me a salvaged car Montclair California
I bought my 2012 Hyundai Sonata 9/19/13 for an outrageous percentage rate. I was told tonight by another dealer they could get me into a new car at a much better rate but the car fax report came back saying that I had a branded title, AKA salvage title when I was going to use my car as trade. WHAT!!!!!  I was told the car had been a rental but was NEVER told it was a salvaged car.  I will be calling the DMV to see if I can figure things out or get this resolved but if I can't, I will be contacting a lawyer to sue for fraud!!!!
Entity: Montclair, California
71, Report #1219857
Apr 01 2015
Drivetime Selling vehicles knowing they have major problems Independence, MO Nationwide
Bought a car from Drivetime in Independence, MO in January. Parking brake failed within the first two weeks. It was under warranty and they repaired the switch and the mechanism and then they realized it was a wiring problem. Wiring is not covered under warranty and was out of pocket $90. A few weeks later car began shutting down intermittently, took it back to the repair shop again. They told me the wiring was all wet due to leakage in the firewall and they thought it may have been going on for some time. Over $700 later out of pocket the car was repaired. I spoke with corporate office, many times, about the issues I was having with a car I have had for not even two months. Everytime I called it seemed to be a new call and had to explain things again. I finally spoke with someone that at least seemed to take ownership. He told me to send him the bills to see what can be done. I went back to the repair shop to get copies and they accidentally gave me a copy of an invoice when drivetime owned the vehicle before I bought it. The invoice stated that they brought in the car because back power windows were not functioning. The repair shop stated that there was a problem with the wiring having moisture in it and recommended needing replaced. Customer refused repair is what it said! In short they sold a car knowing it had major problems and it was not disclosed. I sent the invoices to them and they got back with me the next day. They wanted to refund a portion of my out of pocket expenses. I told them that is not good enough. He said that he could not pay me back for the one invoice that drivetime had sent the vehicle in. I told him he needs to read that invoice carefully, he quickly realized the weight of the issue and offered a full refund of the out of pocket expenses. I said the car was acting up again and was about to take it back to the shop. He said to take it back to the local drivetime and turn the car in without repairing it. They tried forcing me to get another car but I refused and the finally rescinded the contract and I got to walk away. The car was back for sale 2 days later. Wow.
Jun 25 2015
Drivetime Auto pay ripped me off Union City Georgia
 DRIVETIME AUTO PAY TOOK MY MONEY!!! I Purchased a car from Drivetime less than 30 days ago and signed up for autopay. I also referred someone to purchase from them and received a $200 credit. When I checked to confirm my credit has been applied, it was there. On the due date autopay deducted the whole amount regardless of the credit, which causesd my bank account to be overdrawn. So I called Drivetime to get things straightened out, so I thought. After talking to three reps and a supervisior, they basically told me that I would have to pay a $15 for non-sufficient funds then pay my bank $36 overdraft fee and then call back to pay them!!! WTF. SO... You mean because your company's autopay don't recognize credits and took out the whole amount instead of only what my account say I owe .. I have to be penalized??!!! Not only by your company but by my bank as well. They all said the same things... Sorry there is nothing we can do. Autopay is autopay... So pay up!!! Fuck me .. Right??? STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! I also had a problem with the warranty they offer when they failed to disclose all the info to me. I can't wait to pay them off and get them out of my pocket!!!!
Entity: Internet
Jul 30 2015
DriveTime Company is a JOKE Fayettville North Carolina
I had leased out a vehicle from them back in February 2015, it ended up in the shop 2 weeks ago and has been there with a blown motor, they refuse to fix it. They want to charge me $2000 for the mileage before they give me another vehicle. After they told me when I first got it that if I am going to keep it then I can drive it like I own it. I don't believe anyone should go through them. They are a joke. I made payments on it while it was sitting at the shop waiting for someone to make a decision about it.
Dec 21 2015
DriveTime Unprofessional, Negligent, Lack Luster Assistance Tempe Nationwide
 My car was wrongfully repossessed on Saturday November 7, 2015. Once DriveTime discovered it was an error on their part, I was told my car would be returned to me. After waiting 3 days, I decided to go and pick up my car from the dealership it was taken to. About 1 week after getting my car back, I began having issues with it. The car would not shift out of park and a few mechanical issue lights would come on. The issues would come and go. Finally, on Tuesday December 15, 2015, I called Aeverex, the warranty company for DriveTime. I was told to take my car to their in-network mechanic (RMG Auto Repair located in Calumet City, IL). My car was looked at by the mechanic on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 and the diagnostic report was sent to the warranty company the same day. I was told that it could take anywhere from 24-48 hours for review. It is now Monday, December 21, 2015 (5 days or 120 hours later) and I continue to get the run around from DriveTime. No one has any answers for me. I keep getting transferred to departments and no one will tell me what department I am speaking with. Once I finally did speak with someone who had more information for me, they tried to tell me that they would not cover all costs even though these issues are their fault. They could only provide limited assistance. They've given me limited assistance this entire process. DriveTime is totally unprofessional and unhelpful in every way imaginable. I am completely dissatisfied with the lack luster service I am receiving and wish I had never purchased a vehicle through their company. I want everyone who is considering doing business with them to be fully aware of just how horrible my experience has been. If I were late making a payment, DriveTime would be calling me multiple times in one day. However, since DriveTime is at fault here, I am not being assisted. This is totally unacceptable and has negatively impacted my personal and professional life. It is my hope that I can prevent any future customers from being victimized by DriveTime’s fraudulent and neglectful business practices.
Jul 21 2016