EBAY Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: ebay

There may be more reports for "ebay"

For more results perform a general search for "ebay"

Showing 51-75 of 9,007 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "ebay"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Aug 30 2015
eBay eBay penalizes sellers and rewards dishonest buyers Internet
    I've been a eBay customer for years and I'm shocked to find out how they penalize sellers and inadvertently promote dishonest buyers. When I recently purchased an item for $10.99 and didn't receive it after 12 days I requested an update on the shipping status or reshipment of item.      The response I got was a refund (which I didn't request) and then I actually received the item from the U.S. postal service the next day. I contacted eBay customer service to inform them that i received the item and I needed to pay for it. The eBay customer service representative told me they could not do anything and I needed to contact the seller directly.      After I contacted the seller I was shocked to learn that he was being penalized for 90 days with increased ebay fees for a purchase inquirey due to the United States Postal Service delay in delivery. The seller passed on the follwoing information: 1) Don't blame yourself -- this problem here is neither you or me -- it is ebay policy INTENTIONALLY designed to penalize sellers for things that could easily be resolved the old fashioned way -- simple communication. They have been assaulting sellers since John Donahue became CEO in 2008, ratcheting up the heat every year since then. You can't even recognize that marketplace anymore, it has fallen so badly. As it stands, they now URGE buyers to open disputes (even when the issue is not really a DISPUTE but rather some small issue that needs to be worked out), then they penalize a seller simply because the dispute was filed -- regardless of WHY or HOW it was handled. 2) This seems to happen somewhat regularly in July & August, which is when the Post Office is doing vacations for employees and cheap mail is either routinely delayed or handled by temps who CARE LESS about how they handle mail. 3) Having dealt with ebay for 17 years now (since 1998), there is honestly no way for me to reverse this situation as far as the DISPUTE being opened. Trying to contact anyone competent is fruitless. Myself (and other full-time sellers) have come to realize that this is a cost of doing business with ebay. Until it changes -- IF it ever changes -- it will be a poor place to sell. I do not sell ANY high end items on there anymore (haven't done so for SEVERAL YEARS), because quite honestly, it is open hunting season for dishonest buyers to steal the items (either for free or via shaking-down a big price adjustment after they receive it). So, I sell cheap stuff on there, and hope that new management will someday realize that a one-sided system is why their stock has performed so poorly over the past 6 years when compared to other tech giants.
Feb 26 2016
ebay Ebay rips off sellers to attract buyers San Jose California
Because of ebay’s flawed shipping calculator, I lost money on a transaction.  Be extremely careful any time you use this service, because ebay strongly favors the needs of buyers over sellers.  In effect, the company rips off sellers to attract more buyers. A few weeks ago, I decided to sell a gently used telescope, put it up for auction on ebay at the site’s suggestion, and trusted ebay’s shipping cost calculator to give me an accurate reading.  It said shipping would be $12.80. A guy from Florida with a Hispanic name bought the telescope for the minimum possible bid of $22.50.  I went ahead and paid for the shipping through ebay because the site gave a small discount through the U.S. Postal Service.  But when I took it to the post office, it wound up costing $19.10 more than the calculator had said.  Since I had already paid for the partial shipping and didn’t want to get a bad rating from the buyer, I went ahead and shipped the telescope. Ebay and Paypal suggested I invoice the buyer for the extra shipping, so I did.  But the buyer sent a cryptic message back in Spanish refusing to pay anything further. I called ebay customer service, and a representative said the company might be able to help me if the buyer didn’t come through.  But when I called back again, all ebay would do for me was refund my $3.50 administrative fee.  When I asked if I could give the buyer a negative rating, I was told that I would not be allowed to do so because it would scare him away from purchasing through ebay again.  In fact, the ebay system does not allow a seller to give anything but positive feedback.  I find it particularly unfair that the system favors the buyer’s interests over the seller’s, especially when the buyer received such an extreme bargain. I then contacted Devin Wenig, CEO of ebay, who you would think would want to treat customers fairly.  Rather than helping, he assigned my case to an underling, who sent me mock sympathetic emails that blamed the problem on me and accused me of being confused and frustrated. But there is no confusion nor frustration.  I am simply unhappy that (1) ebay screwed me on a transaction and (2) won’t do the right thing to fix it – or even to meet me halfway. Because I got shafted on this deal, I intend to never use ebay again. This buyer got a garage sale price for my telescope in exchange for virtually nothing for my trouble.  I would have been better off donating the telescope to Goodwill and claiming it on my taxes.
Jun 29 2016
eBay eBay Has fraudulent return policy. Internet
eBay HAS A FRAUDULENT RETURN POLICY. I ordered an item with a 14 day eBay money back guarantee. The seller had agreed in writing to refund my money, and I sent it back unopened. When he did not issue the refund, and after contacting him, and recieving no response, I contacted eBay. The person that I spoke with was not helpful. She kept distorting the facts that I had given her. She told me that I had to open a case and wait 3 buisness days for the seller to respond. When the seller did not respond, I called back, and was told that the seller refused the refund,they told me that they would not pursue the refund due to buyers remorse, which they claimed is not covered in their guarentee. The person that I spoke with politly kept coming up with other reasons for not honoring the money back guarantee. no where on the ad pages or on the listings does it say money back except in the case of buyers remorse. I returned the item, furnished eBay with the tracking number, and proof of delivery, and they had the correspondence between myself and the seller. eBay IS DIGGING IT'S OWN GRAVE, WITH SUCH POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FRADULENT CLAIMS.
Apr 28 2017
eBay and FedEx Ground - Overcharged for shipping, eBay won't do anything Internet
The summary of my problem is that FedEx is attempting to charge me almost double their published cost, after the fact, for an item I sold on eBay and shipped via FedEx Ground. FedEx’s shipping system shows the amount paid by my buyer is the published rate for a package of the size mine was, and eBay is refusing to help after I complained through the customary seller protection channel.The details are as follows: On March 2, 2017, I sold an item on eBay to a buyer in Dacula, GA. Upon the end of the auction, and because the item in question is an irreplaceable collector’s item, I had the item professionally packaged by a packaging shop in Alexandria, VA. On the receipt, it says the dimensions for the item are 46.50 x 20.50 x 11.00. When the packaging store weighed the item, it came in at 22 pounds, 15 ounces. After they packaged the item, they gave me the measurements for the packed and ready-to-ship box as 52 x 21 x 11, and when they weighed the box it came in at 28 pounds even. My buyer requested that I use FedEx Ground shipping to send it to him, so using the eBay invoicing system I entered the dimensions and weight of the package and specified FedEx Ground. eBay’s system invoiced $71.55 shipping and handling, which the buyer promptly paid, eBay’s system generated a FedEx shipping label for the box, and FedEx Ground picked up the box with the bass from the packaging store a day later. The box was delivered on March 9th, and the buyer wrote me on March 11th to say everything arrived fine and he was happy with the purchase. Upon the completion of the sale, I immediately paid my eBay seller fees for this auction, which totaled $99.79 and included the final value fees for the bass and the shipment. About a week and a half later I received an invoice from eBay showing that FedEx Ground had assessed $62.60 in additional shipping charges, claiming the box weighed 73 pounds and assessing additional freight and handling amounts. Given that I saw the bass weighed before and after packaging, and both times the weight was not even close to 73 pounds, this clearly was not true.I contacted eBay Customer Service on March 19th at 4:28PM and protested the extra charge. I spoke on the phone to a representative named Abraham, to whom I explained the situation and the fact that the box was professionally packed and professionally weighed. He said he would have to talk to his supervisor and call me back. At 6:51PM that same day, Abraham did call me back and said that they were escalating the matter to FedEx. After that call, I heard nothing from eBay for an entire week.On March 21, during the week I was awaiting a response from eBay, I went to the packaging store and told them what had happened, and told them eBay might be contacting them with questions about the packaging. My contact there said that they videotaped the packing of the box and anyone who wanted to see it could. I showed him what FedEx had assessed, and he was mystified to say the least at how FedEx could have arrived at these charges. Apparently the dimensions of the box determine the pricing for FedEx Ground shipments, not the weight. As they can access the FedEx ordering system from their computer, my contact at the packaging store entered the dimensions of the box to see what rate it would quote, and he found that for a box of those dimensions, it was the same price my buyer paid, for any weight up to 83 pounds.On March 24th, I received an e-mail reply from Abraham at eBay that said they had submitted my request “for the credit of $22 for the difference for the FedEx shipping cost in the invoice and the actual cost you paid for the estimated shipping postage.” I hit the roof after reading that sentence alone, because that is not even CLOSE to what I had requested them to do. I asked them to dispute the entire invoice, and apparently Abraham thought the original weight of the bass and case was the amount of money I wanted back, when this was definitely not the case. I don’t know whether this miscommunication was due to either Abraham just not listening, or to some other factor, but the bottom line is they wasted a FedEx appeal request on wrong information. They further said in their e-mail that FedEx had denied the appeal and that extra charges would apply if any of five conditions existed, none of which apply to the package I sent.Here is why the conditions they listed don’t apply to my package: The item was enclosed in a hard-shell case, which is what the packaging store then packaged. The hard-shell case has a thick plastic body and four latches, all of which were locked before the item was packed for shipment, and the case key was sent to the buyer separately by Priority Mail. No sections of the case were exposed when the packaging store finished packing it; no metal, cloth or wood was used in any way in the packaging of the instrument; the box was rectangular and not a cylindrical shape; and the box was securely taped in such a way that it would be extremely unlikely that it would jam in FedEx’s conveyor systems, unless a driver damaged the box before it was put on the conveyor; and even if that happened, that is neither my nor the packaging store's fault. Given that my buyer said the item arrived intact and undamaged, it seems that this doesn’t apply either. (On another note, this last stipulation on the list seems to be very vaguely written, and thus a prime candidate for abuse.)I wrote back to eBay and made clear that they had gotten the information completely wrong, that this result was not acceptable and that the matter needed to be resubmitted to FedEx. A representative named Arlene responded and, under the pretense of wanting to help, said that there was nothing they could do to help.I find both eBay and FedEx’s conduct in this case totally unacceptable and legally questionable. Given the fact that the FedEx rate schedule shows the price for shipping a 52x21x11 box up to 83 pounds is the same price my buyer paid, I think this is clearly an attempt by FedEx Ground to charge double for the same shipment.Likewise, there are still things eBay could do to re-investigate this case fairly, but have made clear they won’t do. They could have re-submitted a dispute to FedEx with the correct information, to correct Abraham’s mistake, but refused to do so. They could have contacted the packaging store to verify the package’s dimensions, but did not bother to do so. They could have asked the packaging store to see their video of the packaging process, for proof that those extra conditions stated by FedEx did not apply, but again did not do so. It seems that eBay would rather protect their business relationship with FedEx. Despite their claims of offering seller protection, they just can’t be bothered. Meanwhile, eBay is attempting to re-bill me for this extra shipping charge, and I recently received an e-mail from PayPal collections about it. I have written back to say that this matter is under dispute and have asked them to cease and desist all collection action until the dispute is concluded. As of this writing, I haven’t heard anything back yet.
Oct 03 2017
EBAY--MIGHTYGALAXY miss.kitty.kat steal, thief, nasty, ebay, mightygalaxy, miss.kitty.kat Internet
First, I bought a conair steamer on Ebay from MightyGalaxy. He is a thief. He shipped it through Amazon as a gift to avoid paying them anything and get shipping FREE. The tracking on Ebay was fraudulent. It said it would be delivered Friday. I had a stalker. So I received A GIFT from someone I didnt know on Wednesday. Tracking on Ebay still said Friday. After 3 days of calling Amazon and being told for security they couldnt tell me who sent me a gift, I just happen to check the Ebay tracking.It was now changed to the correct tracking and it said Delivered. I wrote to this jerk--MIGHTYGALAXY and he wrote back So your upset I delivered it early.Both Amazon and Ebay security said this was against their policy and they made a full report. Now I try the steamer and it doesnt work!I open a return and the seller doesnt make any arrangement for it to be picked up. The label provided requires he set a pickup date. Otherwise I have to open a UPS account and pay for pickup. I contact him and he refuses to do anything else.Meanwhile I post to Ebay community to make people aware, he has a bunch of negatives and I want feedback myself and two Mods--either stupid as heck or they are his friends take my post down. I reported them to EBAY and EBAY reps say using the User name to report this is NOT AGAINST COMMUNITY POLICY and this DOES NOT fall under shame and blame posts.Miss.Kitty.Kat and another idiot named  li-ornesh  have harassed me and made me post this on over 100 websites and blogs trying to be the NAZIS who hold their hands over my mouth against EBAYS policy.
Feb 24 2006
Ebay ripoff San Jose California
Ebay SUCKS! I've been a regular buyer and seller for the past few years and I can say that their Customer Service is BS!!! They have suspended my account since Dec 05 because my banking information had changed, and before I had a change to login and change it for them to deduct their seller fees, those dummies locked my account! FAST FORWARD to todays date, the fees have been paid off yet my account is still suspended! They are so freaking fast to deduct money but so Fing slow to reinstate anything. Still no response from them! Just an automated message someone will respond to your query within 24-48 hrs? Oh yeah, funny I'm still waiting for their lame asses to do something! Ying Chicago, IllinoisU.S.A.
Mar 13 2006
EBAY-comebay ripoff can't fix lockout Internet
3 and 1/3 week ago i repored a bad and paypal.com. 2 hrs laateer i was locked out the system. and seeing this out fit doesn't use phone, 90. hrs, still can't fix tbl.. !!!!! even to thee 2 level tech. tried to resiter, new password.. these peple have a very problem!!!!!!. i'm droping the and going buy.com... be very carefull they will geat you to and not help anyone.. calling corp offices, areporting offical complain to the board od decctors... evvey one be very careful they will not help any, seeing that 1183 ripsoffs on record beware Robert RACINE, WisconsinU.S.A.
Oct 17 2006
Ebay ripoff San Jose California
Unauthorized deduction from my checking account in the amount of $98.59 on September 5, 2006 payable to OEM/PARTSBIN which lists ebay as this domain owner. David Kingsland, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Sep 05 2004
EBay Ripoff the unfriendly ghost Internet
I have been a buying member of eBay for about 5 months, in that time I have spent about $2000 on 75 individual sales, and have lost only two in the post. I have 99% positive feedback and never sold anything. Recently I sent a complaint regarding no contact with a seller, you wouldn't believe it, but the next day I am suspended from eBay due to security breechs of their section 9. The breech was, we do not have your correct email address, this was sent to me at my email address, the one they didn't have ?? Reason for the Rip-Off report, I have lost a couple of won items due to this suspension, as I can't pay or do anything and I need to warn others of potential no valid reason suspensions. The follow up :: Responded to their email system three times, got three different people (or electronic nerds) telling me different scenarios, non of which makes any sense. Finally I get one that tells me to fax confidential information so that they can confirm who I am. Problem is, they do not respond, so who knows where my confidential info has gone. Positive side : I belong to a large mining group (USA based), with thousands of people on the network. I casually mentioned this problem, and have had 40 people telling me that this has given them the motivation not to get involved with eBay. Hey...why take them to courts etc. we can stuff them up by advertising these problems worldwide. My 40 people only have to spread the word and if they get 40 each not to join, and at an average of $2000 each...my head is spinning. Don't get mad..get even.. See ya. Ray PerthAustralia Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on ebay
Mar 12 2005
EBAY Ripoff Disgusting business practices Internet
have to agree with all of you, Ebay isIN IT FOR THE MONEY..so POWER SELLERS will never be banned from this site, and the trashy, negative feedback they leave will not be removed.I know, my friend was at 100% positive since 1999, and one NEUTRAL feedback for InstrumentAlley on eBay, got him a hate-filled negative feedback.After researching the feedback left for and by this vendor,he complained to eBay , along with all of the others this vendor had left vicious feedback for.They do nothing.It's all about the $$$$$ kiddies.There are good folks out there in cyber-auctionland...just stay away from the POWERSELLERS, like INSTRUMENTALLEY. All of this feedback..star rating, powerseller crap is just psychology , much like grade school tactics..you get a GOLD STAR if you do... you wear a dunce cap if you don't....and Teachers Pet never gets in trouble. If you are going to buy or sell on eBay..don't take the crap too seriously...unless you lose money to an eBay crook.I agree. there are plenty of crooks on eBay who could not do business in any other venue. Danni olderandwiser, IndianaU.S.A.
Nov 09 2004
Ebay ripoff, no real contact people Internet
i sold an item on ebay and they sent me a report of what they will be taking out of my acct. the amount was $40.00 more than what they told me in the beginning. i tried several ways to contact them but the contact us page does not work and the phone number that i found put me on hold two times for over an hour. i dont know how to get ahold of anyone in this company without leaving messages on answering machines and noone calling back. this company is a RIPOFF! Misty lancaster, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Nationwide
Sep 04 2005
Ebay, screw you over bay ripoff Internet
I had an auction removed tonight to help benefit the victims of hurricane katrina. It was a DOONEY & BOURKE HANDBAG going for approx $120. EBAY removed the auction stating that I violated their policy. I violated their policy by not using 'their personal charity' (who just so happens to get a cut). WTH ? I am so fed up with ebay for not donating what they should of donated. That is $50 less dollars to help cloth and feed ppl in the south who have lost everything. I am so livid right now. EBAY, YOU SUCK ! Dana baltimore, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Internet, Nationwide
Jan 30 2005
EBay ripoff San Jose California
I had been a member on eBay since October 2001 when suddenly, I get a suspension notice, which made no sense. I had over 1100 positive feedbacks as mainly a buyer. When I enquired, I was told that they had suspected that someone had hijacked my account, even though they were unable to tell me why they thought so, and there was no suspcious bids on my account. In fact, buy suspending my account, they cancelled bids already placed and had sellers wondering what happened. The latter result had me having to explain the situation umpteen times, just as I had written umpteen e-mails to them trying to revive the account. Finally, after the 12th e-mail explaining that the suggestions they gave were only good if one was able to sign on (my ID was also not recognized when I tried to change my password as suggested by them), even though their own e-mails to me with a reminder about the password were the exact same one that I had tried, unsuccessfully to enter. I pleaded for a number to call, but was told they did not have a CSR telephone number (HOOEY). Only when I threated to sue them and file this report did they contact me by phone (the number captured by my caller ID) and said that they had finally located the problem and would receive yet ANOTHER e-mail telling e=me what steps to take. Needless to say the steps were the EXACT same ones I had attempted without success. Thinking that I leterally anf figuratively had their number I tried to call back (604) 297-7311 and got a residence. Information for Vabcouver supplied (604) 291-7311 (sounds alot like the number my phone captured) NOT IN SERVICE. Ebay is taouts itself as the largest online marketplace in the world, they have revenues greater than most thirdworld countries- COMBINED! hey can't afford to hire some CSR's. The irony is that the e-mails following the so called instructions requested I give feedback on their CSR. You can imagine what I had to say Stacy Lutherville, MarylandU.S.A.
Mar 19 2007
Ebay Double Billing Practices ripoff Internet
Ebay can set up a seller for automatic billing to pay their fee's or other charges each month. Twice now Ebay has attempted to collect fee's from me even though I'm registered to make automatic payments each month. They send alerts, these will divert and redirect you directly to their alert whenever you log in at ebay. They can verified by checking my messages within your my ebay section. I received an alert that stated my account was due, even though I have been using the automatic payment method for quite some time. This alert was sent exactly one day ahead of the date when their own automatic payment system deducted or charged my personal bank account for the same amount due. They send these special Alerts that redirect your browser directly to this message and the message contains a large explanantion mark within a box to make it appear as something very urgent. To say it gets your attention is understatement, it redirects your browser when you log in or choose a location on eBay that requires you to normally log in. You have no choice but see the Alert. You are forced to view it. Of course I verified the Alert within MY MESSAGES in the My Ebay section of my own account. It was there. I paid no attention to the ALERT simply because I knew my account was set up to make automatic payments and it had been making the payments all along. Secondly eBay had done this before and I fell for it, so I ended up making a manual payment only to learn that immediately following this manual payment that the auto payment system went into effect. I had now made two payments for my amount due. Ebay said they issued no refunds per their policy but did give me a credit. They advised me to setup an automatic payment plan to avoid making manual payments in the future....DUH! This latest attempt to send an urgent message via their urgent alert system made me think twice of course. I wondered how many other members would do what I did in the past and fall for this scheme by eBay to virtually trick people into paying their accounts because they make it look so official and urgent. It's a nice little trick that they can excuse themselves from by saying almost anything. The bottom line is that are sending urgent messages in a form that is not usual, appears important and urgent, and then following it with their usual system of auto billing. They get double the amount and offer no refund. How this is legal blows my mind. My imagination goes wild. It forces people to list things because that's the only way to recoup their money back. It forces people to continue to be active on ebay whether they want to be or not, it's pure trickery and deceit. I'm sure it also increases their books, people are forced into listing things in the future because eBay burned them into paying fee's due with a trick. You're not just a seller on eBay when they dupe you into over-paying your fee's you are now a slave to eBay if you want that money back. I have been set up to make automatic payments for a long time. I have made automatic payments through their system regularly. They sent me this redirecting urgent and important message even though they sent me an invoice and then followed that up the very next day by making the automatic payment. My account balance is 0. My account shows the payment being made through the automatic payment system and list a date that is exactly the very next day after the Alert. I have over-draft protection on my personal bank account. The amount due was under $50 and at no time in at least the last year (my account doesn't display for more then that) has my personal bank account fallen under $500! No, there was no issue of insufficient funds, in fact they manage to get my money automatically each and every month at the same time. How many people are being duped by eBay into paying their bill due only to discover that they are charged and extremely short time later, automatically and a again? What other practices are they using to trick sellers into paying double? Knowing that they will not refund over-payments and that the only way to recover any over-payments for a seller is to have a credit or close the account puts eBay in a unique position to gain from something that is not theirs. That pretty much defines stealing. They tricked me once, not this time but I can't help wonder how many people pay them manually when they get a message like I did? Knowing that a customer has been set-up to make automatic payments and sending them this redirecting, urgent, and highly important message a day or so ahead of when their own automatic payment system is going to collect anyway? Oh we made an error, oh we changed our system, oh that's an error and we'll apologize for the mistake PLEASE! for crying out loud...this is designed, this is a tactic, this is a scam and it not only violates the consumer it defrauds the investor as well because they can inflate their numbers to make gains by duping money and not returning it with their slave owning ways to pad the books. Gregory Farmersville, MissouriU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on ebay
Sep 10 2004
EBAY RIP-OFF! Over-inflated prices! Bad policies! Internet
Ebay used to be a good auction site but it is now terrible. A seller has to pay more fees to Ebay than ever before. They even now charge for the background that you choose. Obviously they are going to lose a lot of their clients who are going to move to other Auction sites including me. Another bad thing about Ebay is you can only contact them by Email. A company of that size should have a customer service department phone number and helpline manned by several staff. I think people should avoid Ebay, there is nothing good about their site any more, with over inflated prices, including seller fees, and all sorts of little extras you have to pay for to list an item. I think a phone number should be posted on the web for people who have got ripped off to get in touch. EBay... rethink your policies and your fees, there is the Greedy and the Needy and at the moment you are the Greedy. David Abergele. WalesUnited Kingdom Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on ebay
66, Report #198288
Jun 26 2006
EBay ripoff Suspended with no explanation Internet
My company posted 2 items in our auction store, they were put on the auction, and the next day, we were suspended. eBay states that we were in Policy violation and that we needed to submit paperwork confirming who we were and that we actually had the items we were selling. We submitted all the paperwork that was requested 5 times before they admitted that they had received it. When we asked what exactly we were in violation of, the only thing they could do was cut and paste policy which said nothing as to why we were suspended. As of today, 6/26/06, they have stated that they are going to communicate any further with us concerning this matter. This was after we asked to see the policy that stated all companies or individuals needed proof that the merchandise they were selling was in their immediate possession. As we are a minority owned company, a licensed Government contractor, and we find this very appalling that this sort of company is allowed to operate this way. We had prior to this moved our business to YAHOO Auctions, where they actually understand business sense. You don't pay for their service, but you pay for eBay? They say they look out for the online interests of their customers, however, they don't know who all their customers are. Join us and many other businesses that trying to make the place to do business. Josh Reno, NevadaU.S.A. sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
67, Report #199920
Jul 07 2006
EBay eBay's unreasonable suspension actions Ripoff Internet
I've been on eBay for years. I was on it before my husband and I were married 6 years ago...and we've both had accounts ever since. Apparently, the account that I had with eBay BEFORE getting married still had some user fees owed. Suddenly, I get suspension notices for my current account AND my husband's account because eBay says it found a connection between our accounts and this old one. Okay...no problem. It's an old account, but if I still owe fees from it, I'll pay them. Nope. EBay says the ONLY way to resolve these accounts is to email them from the account causing the problem. THIS ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN USED IN 6 YEARS. The email address connected with it hasn't been used in 6 years either. I obviously have NO access to it and can't possibly email them from it. How ironic that an account they claim is connected to OURS(enough of a connection to justify suspending both of our accounts)...is considered private...so they can't give me any information about the account or associated email accounts through it. Basically, since I can't access this old email account, I have NO way to resolve the problem...thus, we lose both of our eBay accounts. If this is how unreasonable eBay is...I'll find another auction site and help it gain some steam in the consumer battle against eBay. How disappointing. Sylvia Cleburne, TexasU.S.A.
68, Report #200503
Jul 11 2006
Ebay fake game Internet
Don,t buy Pokemon Diamond for Game Boy Color on ebay! It is a fake Game boy Color game the real Pokemon Diamond is for the Nintendo DS system, plus it's not state side yet. I even wrote an email to nintendo asking about it and it's a DS game only in Japan now! so please don't buy the game on ebay. Robert Columbia, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Mar 08 2006
PayPal - ebay ripoff Internet
Same story as many others. I sold an item on ebay which was paid for through PayPal (buyer apparently using a stolen cc, according to PayPal). We shipped the item, had a signed receipt, and received positive feedback from the buyer. We transferred the funds to our bank. Later, funds were removed from our bank. We inquired and spoke with buyer. He said it was a mistake. Funds were refunded to our bank account. Later, funds were charged to our CREDIT CARD. Notified CC company and we received a refund. Later, our CC was again charged saying that PayPal stated we did not follow the rules. I faxed all info we had, signatures, correspondence, etc... about 20 pages to CC Company and to PayPal (AGAIN... they lose things). Latest chapter is that funds were credited back to our CC. Don't know what will happen NEXT???? I'm hoping this is over, but in the meantime, I have closed all PayPal/Ebay accounts and will NEVER give them access to any bank or cc account. D Kerrville, TexasU.S.A.
Mar 15 2006
Onlineguitar.com - ebay store ripoff internet
I bought a cello through an ebay store as named above. ONLINE GUITAR store seemed to be reputable enough. I received a cello late November 2005 which remained unopened until Christmas. The Cello was broken through at the back of the neck. There was NO damage to the box and this was not a shipping issue. For the next THREE MONTHS I have corresponded both email and phone and gotten every run around imaginable blaming shipper, saying no problem it will be right out to you, then delays, then denials that this was ever promised (thank goodness for saved correspondance) I have gone round and round and even had them send me a fake shipping number. They now are ignoring me altogether. I am using ebay's complaint system to try and get reimbursed for some of the money spent. These people were horrible to deal with, ripped me off completely and were very good liars keeping me trusting that they were sincere for far too long even though of course deep down inside I knew better than to trust them after the first time they began not taking responsibility. It's disgusting to me and I am not going to take it though I am sure they think I will just let it go. Please be careful shopping with this online store. Carla Carbondale, IllinoisU.S.A.
Apr 19 2008
Ebay DEN OF THIEVES Internet
This is a warning to those of you contemplating on purchasing a product on ebay. I bought a CD on 3/03/2008 from bighawa0 (big_hawa@hotmail.com), that was to have games to download to a PDA but the software was bogus and it would try accessing an unauthorized web site that was blocked by my firewall software. I reported this to ebay and received a response on resolving this matter with the vender. I then received another email that the vender was not going to resolve the issue. There was it no further communication with ebay. Then today 4/19/2008 I went to pursue this matter further, I found that the emails that ebay sent to me regarding this matter had disappeared from my email ebay folder. There is a way to retrieve emails that have been sent but not opened, now ebay has a way to retrieve emails that have been read. So beware. Anyhow back to the DEN OF THIEVE web site known as ebay. During this time I received an email from another customer that got ripped off from this vender (big_hawa@hotmail.com) and this crook is still on ebay. Now I don't mind paying a $20 stupid tax but when I run across a crook and report them they should be reprimanded not supported and protected like ebay did. So my advice to you is to just use ebay as a tool to see what is available and pricing. I then search the Internet where you can find a better product with more reputable companies not some hack looking to make a buck off a few suckers. Remember to use Ripoff Report before purchasing it saved me potential loss in the past. Thinknthis Rochelle, IllinoisU.S.A.
Apr 21 2008
EBAY Protecting Criminal Ripoff Sellers Internet
EBAY is protecting certain criminal sellers by giving them status of so called Power Seller and other severely misleading lies. Simply peruse sellers with high sales and then examine their negative feedback. Some screw customers at a rate of one per DAY! The EVIDENCE is posted right there in ebay feedback. Anon Los Angeles, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Mar 25 2004
EBay inconsistent practice Internet
I have been a user of eBay for years and have overall been very satisfied with their service. I do want to point out what I consider to be an inconsistent practice of theirs. I sell items through eBay that are very regulated by eBay, i.e. they have specific policies on when and if these types of items can be listed. Recently, I had a situation where someone objected to my listing and really did not have any legal right to do so. Ebay claimed that my listing violated their policies even though they do not SPECIFICALLY state this item cannot be listed. It appears to fall into a gray area. While eBay cancelled my auction and sent my account for suspension review, there were about 7600, of the same type of item listed at the time. It appears that eBay would rather listen to a non-user who has taken the time to complain rather than a customer of years, on whom they are making money. Ebay did not suspend me, but the whole thing is frustrating. Either ban an item completely, or stand up for your customers. Thanks for the opportunity to gripe. Kevin Grangeville, IdahoU.S.A.
Sep 01 2008
Ebay trademark Unknown california
Ebay is scamming alot of us. They have all the technology and expertise. They know what is going on, They who is selling what and they know what is going to happen. But first they collect all your seller fees, have you to think you are doing good, so you order more items and then they bust you for trademark violations. I was just suspended for 7 days for selling DG sunglasses. I have been selling these glasses for several months and had 19 pair more that would sell at auction ending. When i turned on my computer Sunday morning and went to the Ebay site , thats when i found out I was suspended. Ebay new this would happen but instead of an email to warn me thats when they wait and collect all your fees. My last look there was over 12,000 of the same sunglasses i was selling still listed. Only about 55 were mine . so alot more people will also be suspended after they get all their fees. they say they are to similar to dolce g. This same thing happens to thousands of people trying to make some extra money. They are all quilty of this. They know exactly what and when you are selling and what is going to be a violation. I purchased all my sunglasses from 2 american companies. HB sunglass company and Olimpyic eyewear. Their disclaimer says all sunglasses offered by their site are ABSOLUTELY LEGAL TO SELL AND TO OWN. They do not violate any copyrights or registered trademarks. You should try to tell Ebay this. It would be easier to talk to the man in the moon than someone from Ebay. All emails and explanitations just go round and round in circles with no answers. By now i know their stupid feedback system has ruined my chance of ever being able to sell again. Here the buyer has all the leverage and believe me they use it. Anyway i know im not the 1st and i want be the last to be suspended for something they know is going to happen. I thought i was legal but they knew it would happen . Any warning from them. NO. Thanks ebay for nothing. I hope you are sued , you deserve it. Learned hard way 2 maiden, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Aug 20 2000
EBAY-BAD CONSUMER RELATIONS- PROFITS from COMPUTER GLITCHES!
EBAY #1-BAD CONSUMER RELATIONS-SAFEHARBOR NOT SAFE! We have sold and bought many items on Ebay & came into multiple problems which Ebay gave us NO resolution. 'Safeharbor', which is SUPPOSED to protect Ebay members is a JOKE! First-we had a nonpaying bidder, bid on our item & won it, said they sent payment 3 times, but never really did. We sent her a letter stating that we would leave negative feedback, but we eventually dropped the whole situation. Then, one of her friends bid on one our auction to 'get back' at us the same night we contact with the nonpayer! This 'friend' paid us, then received the item in great condition. She immediately emailed us & said this infant walker was 'scuffed...', 'broken...', etc. She accused us of fraud, she said the 2 back wheels on the walker were busted (the Graco entertainer walker, however, is manufactured with 1 roller wheel on the back & 2 wheels on the front-we have another one exactly like the first one!) It wasn't damaged at all, there is not 2 back wheels on this model! She accused us of breaking them. In any case, I was getting harassed by this woman, she left multiple negatives in my record just to get revenge on me for her nonpaying bidder friend. THEN-after this woman threatened to file fraud against me-she turned around and relisted the EXACT SAME walker on ebay, siting GOOD CONDITION, not that it was broken or anything! What a scam! She claims it was not our walker that she relisted-that it was her friend's (if her friend had the same walker as I did, why didn't she buy her friend's-she wouldn't have had to pay shipping then! We contacted Ebay on this, they never bothered even looking into it. We were left with permanent negatives on our record with them due to this little revenge scheme-Ebay didn't even care!... EBAY #2-PROFITS FROM COMPUTER GLITCHES! We list our items through auctionwatch manager pro to get them on Ebay, so we can list multiple items at one time... Well, there is a computer glitch in the software somewhere. It bumped 4 of our auctions to a Super Featured Listing, which costs $99.95! We have never sold anything over $100, we would NEVER willingly list something under this listing option for a $99.95 fee! We explained this to Ebay, they said it was our problem, that auctionwatch is not supported by Ebay in any shape or form. So Ebay profited $99.95 off me due to a computer glitch! I told them I would take my business elsewhere & they didn't even care! They claim safeharbor is supposed to protect it's members, I have received no resolution from them on either of these matters. What a joke. They advertise that they are so friendly & there 'for the people' so to speak. It's too bad they have to take advantage of us & rip off our money due to a computer glitch! Any consumer-oriented company would have resolved this dispute to save a relationship with their members.

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 361