HEALTH FITNESS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: health fitness

There may be more reports for "health fitness"

For more results perform a general search for "health fitness"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 09 2008
Crunch Fitness ,Crunch Fitness tricks customers!!!! Miami Florida
I signed a contract with Crunch Fitness for 3 years and I had set up an automatic payment directly from my bank account so I would never be late (I am very responsible with my payments). I stopped going to the gym because I moved out of the area where the gym was but didn't cancel as my 3 year contract was still not up and I wanted to FINISH MY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, I never received any notification on the mail stating that my contract had already expired and today I decided to call and find out when the contract was up so I could finish my three year agreement. I spoke to a guy in customer service who informed me that my contract had expired 6 months ago and that they don't notify members about when contracts are up so it automatically renews, not bound for three years as the original but month to month. Basically they have continued taking money out of my account for 6 months AFTER my contract had ended and never told me anything!!! This is not fair as I signed a 3 year contract! Not 4, not 5 but 3!! And they had NO right to continue billing me after my contract was up!!! If they wanted to keep me as a member, I should've received a notice informing me that the contract was about to expire asking ME if I wanted to renew, not just keep taking money out of my account!!!! I spoke to a supervisor by the name of Kate ext 3007 who was not helpful at all and told me that they have to obligation to notify customers when their contracts expire (how convenient!!), they even told me that this was not the first time a situation like this had arised and that there is no way they would give me my money back (even though I have not been at that facility in almost 1 year!!!) I am really upset that they have taken aprox $390 out of my bank account AFTER the date of expiration in the contract that I've signed!! Crunch has terrible customer service, is a ripoff, they are dissorganized in the way they do their billing (not the first complaint I see for this gym) and they trick customers with the way they do contracts and billing!! Look up more complains for this Gym, they are all over the web! Liliana81 Miami, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Miami, Florida
Apr 16 2013
BALST FITNESS Fitness Contract Scammer , Internet
I was a former member of Bally Fitness, however, I wrote to Bally fitness to cancel my contract one year into the contract.  I stopped being a member for one year with Bally fitness.  Then over one year into the cancellation, Bally fitness was having a special that stated you do not have to be on contract with one year one time payment for access to use their facilities. I paid for the one year usage up-front with my bank card.  Three months into the payment, Bally sold their business to Blast Fitness.  Blast fitness then abruptly closed the nearest location to me without notice  to the users in July of 2012.  So I accepted this as my loss and stopped going to any other location in my city.  To my surprise in February of this year, Blast Fitness made an astronomical deduction from my bank account.  When I contacted them, I was transferred from one person to the other and kept on the phone for more than one hour.  They referred to the old contract that had been cancelled with Bally and stated that the deduction from my bank account for $158:00 was a membership fee that was due.  All effort to make them realize that I did not have a contract even with Bally Fitness was fruitless.  As a matter of fact, they said they will contact me with their findings but never did.  So I called my bank who gave temporary refund of the $158:00 pending investigation.  My bank came back and deducted my account again for the $158:00 apparently either because they could not get a response from Blast Fitness or because Blast Fitness is still presenting them with false information.  I am prepared to take this company to the court for fraudulent practices if I can get others that will join with me in a class action.  Thank You.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jun 25 2014
International Fitness Fitness club Northridge California
 I went to this fitness club to try out their system and particularly Zumba. I told one of the workers I was interested in joining. His name was Anthony. He told me it would be $50 to join and $40 a month thereafter. He told me at my first meeting with him that to join you have to pay for 2 months to start, then he told me it was the first and last months.     He wanted a credit card, but I asked him could I pay in cash? He told me if I did that, it would cost another $10 a month. I've never heard of such a thing!!! I should pay the way I want.    Then he told me that every Jan first of every year, they charge you $25 to help pay for cleaning and replacing torn towels and repairing any of the machines.     They claim this place is open 24 hours a day but that's not true. Plus, they say you don't have any kind of contract, but you have to sign something. They say it's a membership, but that looks kinda odd.       All  in all, I think this is very misleading.
Entity: Northridge, California
Sep 25 2013
Life Time Fitness LifeTime Fitness Cancellation Policy Nationwide
LifeTime Fitness commits fraud when you try to cancel your membership.  BEWAREI moved an hour away from my club in Alpharetta, GA thus needed to cancel my membership. LTF would not allow me to do that over the phone so I used my next trip a few days later to visit the club.Because it was one day after the billing cycle they still would not refund me that month's dues and disregarded my telephone request. In fact it was pointed out that they would also charge me the remainder of that month and one additional month!After I grudgingly agreed to that penalty, the sales person (who was apparently the most experienced manager at the Alpharetta Club) tried to sell me on trying a club that was only 40 minutes from my house but it was more expensive. He said it was a premium club but ironically he did not know their higher fees. I declined. Then he offered me a dormant account status that for $6.00 per month stating that I could rejoin a LTF club at the same rate I was currently paying. I declined as well and he clicked away at his computer. Then he asked me to sign a signature pad. There was no visible contract, no terms or no visible agreement. I found this cancellation process to be threatening, berating and unreasonable. I went there to cancel not to be resold.Fast forward 3 months. I audited my credit card that was being charged for my dues. I found that LTF was charging my account $10 per month!!! I called and told the corporate person that I did not want this and to refund these unauthorized charges to my account. He told me that I needed to either mail in a registered affidavit to cancel or go back to the club AGAIN!!! I told him to just stop billing me and I would consider it a loss.Another month went by and they charged me AGAIN! I immediately drove to the club and cancelled my account for the 2nd time.This time I called my credit card company this time reporting fraud. They connected me on a conference call with LTF corporate office, Amy, and she defended the company's position stating that the would be happy to send me my signed copy of the agreement and that even tho I cancelled my membership for the second time, they would be charging my account 2 more times!!!I never agreed to this dormant account, nor was I ever presented any terms. It was not even the amount that the sales person said it was going to be!!!I am writing this to warn as many people as I can about the (If not fraudulent then certainly misleading) cancellation policy.BEWARE and check your credit card to see if they are billing any additional erroneous charges to your account.
Jun 04 2012
Icon Health and Fitness icon fitness Worst EVERRRR logan, Utah
My husband and I ordered a part at the suggestion of the icon rep. It didnt work so we called in to let them know. After being on hold for 20 min the rep told us to just Toss the part and they would send out another because it was defective This didnt seem right so I asked him again....throw it away? He said yes. So we received the second part and after that failed to help our treadmill we called again and another rep said for us to  send the part back and we'd get a refund. Well its been a month and weve called twice and they kept telling us that it takes a while to process and we will see the money back in our acct. soon. Well I just called again and now theyre telling us that in order to get a refund on the part we sent back we'll have to find the part that they told us to throw away and send that one back too!!!!!  I asked to speak with a manager but was informed the a form had to be filled out in order for me to speak with management and i wasnt allowed to do so at that time! This company is a total ripoff and i will neverrrrrr use them again.
Entity: logan, Utah
Dec 11 2000
Fitness Advantage Health Club Rip-off
They have you sign a ONE YEAR contract. You pay first and last month up front and then they deduct the balance monthly from your bank account or credit card. That should be 10 payments total. After all they give you ONLY one years membership, and a membership card that EXPIRES in one year. HOWEVER they continue to deduct from your account indefinitely...at least until you notice it, and then thay explain that the fine print actually means that they will continue to deduct from your account irregardless if you have a membership or not UNTIL they recieve a WRITTEN 30 days notice that you wish to terminate your one year membership.
Entity: Williston, VERMONT
Jul 10 2014
Blast Fitness Blast Fitness Cambridge blast fitness portersq ripoff Cambridge Massachusetts
 I was a member of the Cambridge MA Porter Sq location. I actually left the Planet Fitness to become a member of Blast. The Cambridge location is by my work and good for equipment. My main reason to sign up at Blast is I was assured I could use the WOW on Boston Ave MEdford MA which has spin classes with teachers I like. Now that they closed their location they transferred me to Rock and Fitness in Porter Sq Cambridge MA for my billing ect.. and I can no longer to to WOW on Boston Ave Cambridge, MA. The manager there told me I would have to cancel Blast and sign up there and pay the fee's. I spoke to Lucas at the Corporate headquaters today who assured me he just needed to update my membership and I will be able to go to WOW but I will still be housed at Rock and Fitness. They are not part of Blast. How can my membership be held by a company that I did not sign up with. I asked to have membership changed to Blast on Middlesex Ave MEdford MA but he refused. So I signed a contract with Blast and they have the right to make my home gym another corporation that they don't own? Also I have not been able to go to my spin classes in 3 weeks because of this. NOT HAPPY and would love to know if this is legal. In the meantime Boston Ave MEdford MA is signing former members up and charging them. Wrong on every level.
Entity: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Dec 17 2010
Anytime Fitness / ABC Financial Anytime Fitness ,Fitness Scam Meridian, Idaho
Signed up with Any Time Fitness in Meridian Idaho. I was told it was month-to-month, but had to go on automatic withdrawal from my bank account. Several months later I decided to quit due to a torn ACL. I was informed that I could not cancel for another 8 months. I called again after 8 months and told I could not cancel for another year!!Any Time Fitness works with ABC Financial and the whole thing is a total scam. Do not do business with either of these companies!
Entity: Meridian, Idaho
Apr 08 2013
LA FItness LA Fitness, Plano East - Tx LA Fitness - Bank fraud/theft Plano, Texas
LA FITNESS - Bank theft. In October I went to LA FItness to check out the gym while deciding what gym to join.  The salesman at the Plano East club in Plano, Tx named Mark told me that in order for me to hold the rate he was offering for a future date I would have to provide him my personal information and my debit card number.  I did not sign put my signature on anything, so I knew they could not draft my account.  The salesman called me several times during October and November, I told him each time I did not want to join.  I may when I move if I sell my house in Dallas. I heard  from him the last time in November and told him NO I did not want to join.  Much to my surprise while preparing my taxes in April, I looked at a bank account that I do not use only to find my account had been debited for over $400.00 by LA Fitness.  I made several phone calls to LA Fitness only to get the brush off.  I finally obtained a copy of the signed agreements (knowing I had never put my signature on anything), all of which were forgeries.  They had forged a signature ( not even close to mine) on the manual agreement and the electronic agreement a month later.   The corporate membership department was not concern about an employee forging signatures and stealing from the public. Instead they took the position it was my fault.  I never worked out in their facility, I never received a thing concerning a membership from them.   The first manager at corporate I spoke to gave me an email address that was bogus to send a copy of the signature on my drivers license, so they could verify it.  Then she called back and told me it was not her email address, it was her supervisor and she would not be back until next week.  After finding out the email did not go through, I called again and got a totally different email address  from someone else for the same person. This email address was completely different than the first email address provided.  The manager I spoke to said he would follow up with me on Monday and make sure it got handled.  Guess what?  No one called and no one followed up.   I called them and got in touch yet another manager  who sounded like a valley girl, popping gum and may the ripe age of 18.  She again put the blame on us, arguing that we signed the document --they were not handwriting experts and could not determine if a signature is correct.  Time after time she was told; I had seen the signatures and it is not my signature! So her response was you had full use of the gym during that time.  I had to explain to her that if the papers are forged and we do not know it, then how would I know of a membership to take advantage of in the first place.  This girl was unreasonable and argumentative.  Finally she asked to put me on hold and speak to her supervisor.  She comes back on the phone and said: OK I will refund $126. of the over $400.  I hung up on her only to have her call back and say she would go ahead and refund all of it in 7-10 days.  All I was ever asking is to give back the money they stole from my account.  It took way too many phone calls met with apathy and a warning them that I am going to expose their scam to the media.   The Corporate Membership Department is obviously a group of unexperienced phone room kids called managers that can't make decision without talking to supervisors .  Thee kids are apparently trained to not agree to refund money and blame the caller.  Instead they should be paying close attention to the actions of their sales people and how they are lying and stealing from the public  This type of scam should be exposed and warn the public of their antics.
Entity: Plano, Texas
Oct 01 2013
Blast Fitness; Blast Fitness Group LLC Blast Fitness Membership Practices Burbank Illinois
I signed up for a membership with Blast Fitness on 09/13/2013.  There was no sign up fee, and the monthly cost was 20.99 per month.  I was informed that the very next month I would be charged $49 in addition to my monthly fee on a annual basis.  What they failed to mention was that I would be charged again on 09/27/2013 for another monthly fee. When I called and asked about this charge I was told that they require a 30 day notice to cancel the membership.  Said that the 2nd charge for the month of September was for the last 30 days.  I informed the manager (Trisha), that I was not told this and therefore it is unfair to charge someone an additional charge when they weren't notified of this.  Yes I knew my monthly fee would come out on the 27th of each month (but was never told that in 2 weeks the same month I signed up I would be charged again).  She said there was nothing they could do.  Said that I really got 2 weeks free because with the cancellation policy I would get the 30 days that I paid for.  I then went on to tell her that if I canceled I'm sure I wouldn't be looking for 30 days - because I cancelled. More importantly I the customer is being charged something that I was never informed of.  This is my problem, and I don't see you attempting to do anything about it.  She said there was nothing they could do.  Unacceptable!
Entity: Burbank, IL, Select State/Province
Jan 08 2014
Premier Fitness/ Mississauga Family Fitness/ Wynn Fitness Fraudulent charges! Mississauga Ontario Canada
Joined Premier Fitness several years ago. Was immediately unhappy with the service and quality of gym equipment ... machjnes were often in disrepair and staff was ignorant and not at all helpful. Read my contract thoroughly and saw that they were required to give me 90 days written notice before my 1 year contract was up, so that I could decide whether to continue my membership. I had already decided that I would not and waited for my notice to arrive. It never did! This is not just company policy, it is the law here! I went in after I realized they had begun to charge me beyond the end of my contract ... asked for a cancellation and was assured it would be done. It never was!     Charges continued ... after many telephone conversations, and no results, I cancelled the card they were charging. Many months later started getting calls re unpaid membership fees! Then calls from a collection agency! Some time during all of this, the gym had changed hands and was now Mississauga Family Fitness Had to deal with these people now who tried to tell me they had taken over for Premier Fitness and according to their records none of my payments had ever been made!!!      Obviously I gathered all of my relevant credit card statements and went over there!! I left copies of all my statements and a letter saying in no uncertain terms that I did not want membership with that club and that they needed to stop charging me immediately! Kept copies for myself of course! That was well over a year ago. I stopped hearing from the club and credit companies. Then I had one last ditch attempt to extort money from me in the form of an e-mail from them several months ago!! Tried to tell me AGAIN that I owed them over 1000 dollars!!! I called back and made it clear that I would never psy that money and told them why!     Well, turns out it's not over! This club closed their doors overnight in October 2013. I found a statement online from the club that they had written to a local tv station that was investigating the closure for members. Their statement said that they had closed because of an issue with their landlord (not paying their rent maybe?) and that they had made arrangements with Wynn Fitness down the street to honour their memberships in the meantime. Well guess who started charging me then? Arrrgh!!!     And these charges started showing up on my online credit card account ... with charges attempting to be made against the card I had cancelled years ago! Reported it as fraud to my credit card company who is currently dealing with Wynn Fitness. I have also reported Wynn Fitness to the Better Business Bureau ... this better be fixed soon! Btw ... the Wynn Fitness that is charging me isn't even the one in my city! No way I would have anything to do with them!
Entity: Mississauga, Ontario
Sep 14 2004
TRI FITNESS HEALTH & RACQUET CLUB ripoff PRINCE FREDERICK Maryland
I recently just joined two of my children and myself to a gym for a 3 month membership only to return a week later and the gym be closed with no explanation. It is unacceptable that the owner took money knowing that there were problems. Bonnie NORTH BEACH, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: PRINCE FREDERICK, Maryland
Dec 10 2002
icon health & fitness rowers world ripoff logan Utah
my daughter ordered a treadmill when it arrived the wrong parts were included. delivery person very rude. another was sent. we, in turn, sent back said treadmill. never received credit on credit card. merchandise was damaged, or the wrong parts were sent. had a terrible time returning treadmill--took weeks. tried to contact company no luck. i have a double charge on my card and it states payment went to rowers world. when contacted they claimed they do not sell cadence treadmills. what to do? jean medford, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: logan, Utah
Dec 30 2011
Active Fitness and Health Worst Gym I've been to Woodbridge, Ontario Canada
This place is somewhat ghetto. There are no paper towels provided in the change rooms to wipe your hands. The change rooms smell really bad. There are always some equipment out of service. The manager has an unpleasant appearance and attitude. One employee smokes in the storage room and I can smell it. The girls at the front desk are pleasant and friendly. The manager gave me a promotional offer to bring a guest for 3 months free.  When I brought my guest in, the manager informed my guest that she also had the option of trading the 3 month pass for a 1 year membership for $99, however my guest had to decide on the spot.  My guest chose the 3 month pass, and the manager was not pleased.  He then proceeded to pull an attitude and eventually instigated an argument with my guest.  In the end the manager informed my guest that the promotion was no longer available to her and she must leave.  Absolutely terrible customer service !!!
Entity: Woodbridge, Ontario
Jun 10 2008
American Family Health & Fitness automatic draft Richmond Virginia
Several years ago, probably about 2003, American Family was calling my home for renewal. We told them to cancel the subscription and we would not renew. This occured several times. Therefore we believed that at the end of our contract period we were done. Months later I notice they had continued to draft my bank account. I did everything I could possibly do to get a refund through the company directly. With repeated effort and no satisfaction, I did file suit in Henrico. The day of the hearing I rec'd the refund that I'd requested and did not need to go to trial. D Mechanicsville, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Richmond, Virginia
Sep 12 2014
24 hour Fitness 24 hour Fitness Sport Health Department oncerns Hermosa Beach California
After 90+ days of reporting problems at the Hermosa Facility, there has been not response or concern for the condition of the locker rooms. You can view them on this link   http://24hrfitnesscomplaints.weebly.com/   Letters were sent to the managers & CEO Elizabeth Blair but there has been no reply.
Entity: Hermosa Beach, California
Jan 19 2010
ICON Health & Fitness, Icon Health & Fitness WARNING: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM PROFORM OR ICON HEALTH, Internet
We recently purchased a ProForm/Icon Health & Fitness treadmill. Big Mistake! The treadmill arrived with many missing parts. Trying to reach a human being in customer service is extremely difficult. When you do talk with someone, they are clueless and unable to make decisions towards solving your issues. We are returning the item and never dealing with the company again. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!
Entity: , Internet
Jul 23 2017
Fitness Equipment Depot Worlwide, CAC Fitness, Zachleigh Fitness, Col-G Fitness, ZKJ Fitness, ZK Fitness, Z Fitness, KAC Fitness, International Fitness Resources, Weight Management, John Greeley's Fitness Plus, Scam, Steal and Cheat Melville Nationwide
DO NOT EVER do business with Fitness Equipment Depot Worldwide or any of John Greeley's corporations. John Greeley and his long time accomplice, Denise Barry, have done business under 11 different corporate names (see below) over the past 20 years to scam, steal and cheat customers, the IRS, New York State Department of Taxation, banks, credit card companies, merchant processors, and other corporations. FEDWW is not even a registered corporation with the state of New York because it operates under CAC Fitness Inc and Zachleigh Fitness. Each time one of John's corporations accrues too much debt and liabilities, the company folds or files bankruptcy, and John and Denise start anew. John sells equipment he does not have in stock. He sends customers damaged equipment and then blames the shipping company, leaving the customer and the shipping company to battle it out. When customers cancel because they get the wrong equipment, damaged equipment, or John can't find what he sold because he never had it in stock to begin with, he charges a 20% restocking fee, so essentially he makes a profit just by someone signing a contract. When international customers get ripped off, they end up with a total loss because it would cost them too much money to fight a lawsuit in the US. John will also send a check to people for equipment he buys from Ebay or Craig's List and request that the customer pay the shipping company (him again) with the extra money he paid. When the person wires money to the shipping company (a.k.a him), John's check bounces, so then the customer is not only out the money for the equipment they thought they sold, but also the money they sent to the shipping company. John refurbishes equipment with cheap paint and parts that will not last. Don't ever accept a check from any of John's company because it will bounce. STAY AWAY! John Greeley's Corporations 1. Fitness Equipment Depot Worldwide (not registered)2. CAC Fitness Inc. (under John's sister name, Elizabeth Walter) - currently John, Liz and this business is being accused of stealing over $300,000 worth of equipment. See pacermonitor.com/public/…3. Col-G Fitness (filed for bankruptcy for over $1.1 - 10 MILLION dollars of liabilities). See plainsite.org/dockets/2n…4. ZKJ Fitness 5. Zachleigh Fitness (operating under Michael Magner, John's long time friend)6. International Fitness Resources 7. ZK Fitness 8. KAC Fitness9. Z Fitness10. Weight Management (under John's mother name, Janet Greeley)11. John Greeley's Fitness PlusThere are NUMEROUS reports on Rip Off Report, Better Business Bureau, Glass Door, Complaints Board - just search John's name or one of the companies above. The District Attorney's in NY have also received numerous complaints, but somehow he is still doing business - REPORT HIM if you are one of John Greeley's victims. NEVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH ANY OF JOHN GREELEY'S COMPANIES.
May 12 2010
Xsport Fitness - Capital Fitness Capital Fitness Difficult to cancel membership Big Rock, Illinois
It is difficult to cancel/terminate a membership with Xsport Fitness (aka Capital Fitness).  This includes all Chicago area locations.   You MUST send your ORIGINAL CONTRACT to a PO Box, including your membership barcode key, and it MUST be sent by REGISTERED or CERTIFIED mail.   THEN, they still do not cancel the membership until you call them and demand that the membership be cancelled.   Without doing the correct steps, your membership will not be cancelled. Last, they WILL NOT provide you with written documentation that the membership is cancelled (on the telephone, the customer support person had to confirm with their legal dept that they will not provided written documentation of a terminated/cancelled membership). So, you send them your only original copies of the contract, send them your barcode key, then call them to force the membership termination, and last you have no proof of this being completed.  You simply wait until the next payment date to determine if they deducted money from you paying account. Please be AWARE of this before signing a membership with them.  You CAN NOT cancel a membership at the location you joined.  REPEAT: You can not simply walk into your Xsport fitness location and ask them to cancel/terminate the membership.  You can not call them on the telephone and cancel/terminate your account. You MUST follow the above process (read your contract). I have been members of many fitness clubs in Michigan, Florida, and Illinois, and this is the first one that made the process difficult - SO DIFFICULT (may allow them to keep you paying for one or more months until you correctly follow their process).  All other fitness clubs allowed me to cancel when walking in or on the telephone and each would provide the necessary documentation proving the membership was terminated. For the fitness center itself (Elmhurst Express): good overall, but too crowded with equipment.
Entity: Big Rock, Illinois
Jan 19 2010
JUST FITNESS 4 U - NATIONAL FITNESS Just Fitness filthy gym, poor instructors, lie about low rates Atlanta, Georgia
They say it is only $10 a month, but they charge you $100 a year for clean-up fees. If we are paying to clean up the gym, they at least ought to clean up the gym. It is one of the most filthy gyms I've been to. If you make a suggestion, they don't listen to you. Nor will they tell you where the corporate office is so you can locate someone there. They only care about signing up new members. They make lots of promises about how they are going to make changes, but then after they've signed you up, they say they don't have the money to make the changes. They have gotten rid of a lot of the weights that were there, and there aren't enough to go around in the classes.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Jun 09 2014
LA Fitness Pro Results Blind Contract Rosemead California
 I joined LA fitness in late March of 2014 and the day I became a member I was imediatley asked if I would like a free training assessment for personal training and I accepted the offer. After the assessment I was asked if I would like to receive the personal training at a cost that I thought was a bit too expensive for my budget but figured I would only need about four sessions and then work out on my own without the personal training. So I told the saleperson I needed time to think about it and that I would need to ask my wife if it;s  something we can afford to do. The salesperson said go ahead but that the deal she was offering was expiring soon. About a week went by and I got a phone call from the sales person who started telling me about how the original deal had expired but that a new better deal was now available. So I told the saleperson that my wife wanted to get some personal lessons as well and I asked the sales person if there were any deals for couples. The saleperson prodeeded to tell me that if my wife wanted the personal training she can train with me on the same deal and there would be no extra cost. Before I forget, the original deal was going to include 17 free sessions and the new deal includes 41 free sessions. After I spoke with my wife about what the salesperson told me she said it sounded like a good deal. So I arranged to meet with the sales person. I asked the sales person if I decided after a month or so this isn't working for me would I be able to cancel. The sales person said yes at any time you decide to cancel you can let them know before the next billing cycle and that they would cancel and I would not have to pay. So we sat down and I electronicly signed a soft copy of the contract of which was on the screen display of the salespersons desktop. Then the contract was printed out and that's when I realized that I had just signed for 52 weeks at a very high month to month rate. Needles to say I was beside myself and felt like I had just been taken for a ride. So I went home and read the contract and found where it states in bold print You the buyer, may cancel this agreement at anytime prior to midnight of the fifth business day of the club after the date of this agreement I decided right then I need to cancel and get my money back. So I called the sales person and told her to cancel the agreement and that I had come to realize that this month to month charge would be to expensive and she said she would go ahead and cancel. Then I asked if I would be refunded the same day and she said No it takes a couple weeks for you to get your money back.
Entity: Rosemead, California
Jun 12 2014
Club Fitness Contract Scam Saint Louis Missouri
Here's what happened - My husband and I wanted to sign up for the $10.00 per month membership..... The sales person/personal trainer tries to sell me the PT packages, we kindly decline and ask again for the $10.00 a month membership. He hands me the paper work and say sign here, sign here, initial here, initial here - you both now have the $10.00 a month package. Guess what - that is not what I have!! I am being charge $33/month instead of $20.00 per month. I also just received my annual membership fee - have only been with the gym for 3 months, last time I checked the word annual meant yearly..... It is my fault for not consulting a lawyer before signing the paperwork. it is a shame when you go in to a business and they have to scam you and tell you lies to get your business
48, Report #1193657
Dec 07 2014
Fitness Evolution False Advertising Fort Washington Maryland
I am a new member who joined Fitness Evolution strictly for the variety of fitness classes.  I viewed the class selections for Nov 16-22 and chose a class to attend. I traveled from Laurel, MD to Fort Washington, MD only to be told that particular class was not on the class schedule after waiting for 30 minutes.  On top of that, the employee was not apologetic. In fact the current class schedule does not match the web site class schedule at all.  When I asked for a copy of the current class schedule, the employee said that no copies could be given out because your gym is green.   Please help me understand why the website class schedule is not current especially when your gym refuses to hand out copies of the schedule?  The front desk employee refused to let me speak with the general manager stating that  any employee could act as a manager. There was no telephone number available to speak with the owner.  I sent an email to justinb@fitevo.com describing my concerns on November 19.  There was never a response. False advertising of classes.  Poor customer service.  Inaccurate information on web site. Stay away from Fitness Evolution in Fort Washington.  There are too many other health club options. The old saying you get what you pay for is so applicable.
Entity: Fort Washington, Maryland
49, Report #1194446
Dec 10 2014
Lifetime Fitness Breaking Up is Hard to Do Nationwide
I was a member of LifeTime Fitness for several years, and even referred several friends to their gym.  When I built a home gym, I went online to LifeTimeFitness.Com and sent an online message asking them to terminate my membership effective immediately.  I received no response but assumed that my membership had been cancelled as instructed.  A few months later I noticed that I was still being billed, so I went to the gym to find out what the problem was.   The salesperson I spoke with cancelled my membership effective Jan. 31, 2015, even though I had cancelled online in September, and even though I was sitting in his office in early December.  I followed up with a call to their corporate office (the toll-free number listed on their website was wrong) and was informed that I could only terminate my membership in person. When I asked why they hadn't responded to my online message telling me that I had to go into the local gym to terminate, there was no response.  When I asked why I could change payment options online (new credit card) but not terminate, there was no response.  When I asked why they could have a membership person contact me within 15 minutes if I was signing up for a new membership, but no one would contact me when I tried to terminate, there was no resposne.  When I said it was the worst customer experience I had ever had, there was no response. The moral of the story: read the fine print, or better yet, take your business to a gym that treats you like a person and not like a credit card.
50, Report #1202242
Jan 16 2015
XSport Fitness Overly complicated cancellation process Chicago IL
I honestly don't know if this is a standard practice for gyms, but in order to cancel a membership, the member must send a letter via certified mail. With the technology available to us in 2015, this is nothing less than ludicris and obviously designed to retain customers. It would be easier for me to simply cancel the card associated with the account.

Showing 26-50 | Showing Page 2 of 1,317