HOME GARDEN Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: home garden

There may be more reports for "home garden"

For more results perform a general search for "home garden"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 13 2010
JAYSON HOME AND GARDEN - CHICAGO Jayson Home & Garden JAYSON HOME AND GARDEN = STOLEN DESIGNS + MERCHANDISE! Chicago, Illinois
JAYSON HOME AND GARDEN = STOLEN DESIGNS AND MERCHANDISE! This store carries designs and merchandise swindled (read: STOLEN) from local artists here in the Dallas area (including me) by their long-time scam vendor Design Legacy (aka Legacy Trading Workroom, Legacy Trading Company, etc. etc.). The store has been informed, along with documented evidence, of their tainted merchandise's history. Their store manager's response: We couldn't care less where our merchandise comes from as long as it sells. IS THIS THE KIND OF UNETHICAL, IMMORAL RETAILER CHICAGO SHOULD BE FAMOUS FOR? Are there not enough honest vendors that Chicago stores don't feel the need to rip off and insult artists in another state? For info on the class action lawsuit being organized against this store and Design Legacy (and its owner Kelly 'O'Steal' O'Neal), please email legacyvictims on yahoo. Otherwise, please email this post TO EVERY ARTIST YOU KNOW so they won't have their designs fall into the criminal clutches of Design Legacy or Jayson home and Garden. Thank you for your support! P.S. If sociopath O'Steal responds to our post (like he did to 'Nola Home' on this site), notice how he NEVER addresses accusations directly...the sign of a true warped individual.
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
Sep 29 2005
Garden Home Reality - David Garden - Star Homes ripoff Indianapolis Greenwood Indiana
i signed a rental agreement with a option to buy @ 6 months. come to find out mr. garden didn't even own the house, had no business trying to sell me the house, and after spending $3200 the house was sold at a sheriff sale... Kevin indianapolis, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Indianapolis,, Indiana
Jul 31 2011
David Garden / Garden Home Realty / Star Homes scam artist do not give him money Indianapolis, Indiana
David Garden took $500.00 from me for a deposit on a home I was to rent to buy. I signed a contract and was told he would call me on thurs he would sign the contract and we would finalize all the paper work. I was to move into the home this weekend. After I signed the contract, they would not answer their phone, the house was still occupied and the rent to own signs were still in the yard. Finally got an e-mail told me to met him at his office. Guess what they were gone lock, stock, and barrel. Went to the house I was suppose to move into today and some one else had moved in. They were doing a deal with him for the house at the same time. This has been going on for two weeks now. He will not answer either phone. I have reported him to the indiana attorney general and made a fraud report to hud he is supposedly a hud broker. I think we should get a lawyer. and file a class action suit. This man needs to be sitting in prison with Murdock or however you spell his name. He is not fit to live among normal human beings.
Apr 03 2009
David Garden & Garden Home Reality Working for was like working for the DEVIL Indianapolis,Indiana
We worked for him for about a month. He never paid what he said he would he never took taxes out. He would always hold half of our money until saturday. He would promise things and never come through on them. All the house i even walked in to made me want to throw up and quit he is just not a trust worthy person. You sign a contract with him you are doing business with the DEVIL. All of his house are just turds. With a little polish. The elizbeth street house i went it to about a few weeks ago. No heat, No water, It smelled like there was a zoo living in there. I think he needs to take the rug off of his head so his brain can breath.He is a low life that tryed to swing on a woman. I have never worked for some one that would rip you off after trying to help him. It just goes to show Don't Do Business With Garden Homes Reality AKA David Garden. Wheather its to work for him or buy a home from him...He will get you.He has no need for workers. He will just tell them ppl he does have renting from him. Here just fix this house and i'll take it off your rent. They are not qualified people fixing houses. It must feel really good to rip off trusting people. Karma will get him. Bcr Indianapolis, IndianaU.S.A.
Dec 16 2009
Garden Ridge Store Christmas Thieves Lexington, Kentucky
I feel that as a consumer I have been taken advantage of and this company has stolen from me. Back in January 2009, my wife and I purchased a Christmas Tree on Clearance at the local Garden Ridge store for $175. It was a 12 foot tree and we paid the full price for it. The tree was loaded into our vehicle by the employees of the store and we perceived to head home. Being that it was January we took the tree to our attic and left it there for the summer. When we went to open in after Thanksgiving, to our surprise we only had of a tree. The store had failed to mention that there was another box included with this tree. Naturally I tried to call the store, but there number is all automated and any issue are dealt with by their customer care line by e-mail. You never get to talk to a live person. The next day I went to the store and explained my situation hoping that they could provide me with the second box. The store manager advised me that since my receipt was older that 60 days that I would have to e-mail the customer care line. That tree model was discontinued and there was nothing that they could do for me. They even advised me to call the vendor of the tree and see if they would send me the second box. So I e-mailed the customer care line and they advised that the only thing that they could do is offer me a gift card for the $175. I advised that I paid with my credit card and I have a valid receipt so why could they not either offer me a refund to my card, or exchange my of a tree for a comprisable model. Neither of those was an option, so they advised to me that since I declined their gift card offer that there would be no further contact with me. Naturally I was upset so I went back to the store and got the vendors number and they were mortified that the store would say it was their fault, it was a store issue and they should correct it. The store told me that there was nothing that they could do.  So I tried to call the Chairman of the board, and even filed a complaint with the BBB. The CEO has yet to return my calls or e-mail, and I recently received an e-mail from the VP of operationsstating that they dont feel like it was their error and they have no proof showing such. I cannot believe that a VP would respond in such a way. I feel like we have been cheated from this store and their corporate location. I would have thought they would try to resolve this issue, but as you have read they dont think it was their fault. I guess they feel the customer is supposed to know that there are 2 boxes associated with their product. We still are without a Christmas tree, and dont feel that we should have to wait until after our Christmas is over to purchase another one with their gift card, nor would we want to spend another dime in that store after the way that we have been treated. I All we ever wanted was either for them to refund our MasterCard, or for them to do an exchange for a product of similar statute, but both of those options were declined. They wanted us to pay money for merchadise again after christmas was over. Why in the world would I want to spend another dime in this store after the horrible customer service that was dealt to me?
Entity: Lexington, Kentucky
Aug 25 2012
David Garden Garden Home Realty Slimy, sexual pervert scamming renters and investors Indianapolis, Indiana
David Garden of Garden Home realty is a low slimy, pervert who is always asking every girl who has ever worked for him if they need a sugar daddy. He will lie and cheat you out of tons of money. His property manager Richard told me that Davids credit repair service is a sham that that all he does is call creditors and see if they will take a lower amount.  David Garden has ripped off so many people it is not funny. Knowing this man will ruin you and your family.  I love his slogan Making people happy home owners. well think again he makes people broke and on the streets. Go to hell David.
Apr 10 2017
National Home Garden Club Bought lifetime membership and their garden tools. Now can't get in touch with them. Internet
 I bought a lifetime membership and magazine subscription. Purchased hand tools for gardening that have now broke and inable to get replaced. Not getting any magazine or any if the lifetime benefits. Unable to find them anywhere on the internet. Feel scammed.
Entity: Internet
Feb 11 2003
MWI Home & Garden Membership MWI HOME WORKS unauthorized billing due to MIRACLE BLADE ORDER consumer ripoff fraud OMAHA Nebraska
I just recieved my CC bill this last week and on 1-20-03 I was billed by MWI Home and Garden Membership / MWI Home Works in the amount of $96.00.... I did purchase a knife set from MIRACLE BLADE, who at the time of purchase tried to sell me everything under the moon... I specifically told them If you cant just sell me the knife set, then cancel my order. PERIOD. Well guess what.. Not only did unauthorized charges show up on my Account. I was also overcharged by MIRCALE BLADE by $20.00... I have already contacted MWI @ 1-877-444-7526, spoke to Faith (operator #9892) and then supervisor Velvina (operator #5915) on 2-6-03. I told them that this charge was unauthorized and that If not immedietly removed I would contact the local Attorney Generals office. I was told it would be removed asap, and credited to my account.. 2-11-03.. Still not credited. It DOES NOT TAKE this long to credit an account. So I contacted my American Express customer service and spoke to a more then helpfull representitive who told me that I could either have AMEX launch an investigation for this charge or IMMEDIETLY removed the charge of $96.00 from my account. Since MWI is already on there remove charge with no questions asked list The AMEX rep also IMMEDIETLY credited my account for the $20.00 overcharge by MIRACLE BLADE. I also mentioned that I was online searching and found this site with numerous Reports of MWI and MIRACLE BLADE. MIRACLE BLADE is also on the remove charge with no questions asked list... He said if I did not recieve product by the end of my next billing cycle to call in and ask for a credit..... MWI is located in OMAHA NEBRASKA... Those BASTARDS better hope I calm down before going back home to Lincoln, NE... I may just look them up and pay them a visit. I will update later. Feels good to VENT. Brian Evans, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: OMAHA, Nebraska
Jan 30 2008
Lowes Home Improvement Center, Subcontractor: Stella And Barbara, Metrofactory Warranty Dept. Lowes Home NOT Improvement Center GARDEN CITY New York
I purchased an Frigidair Oven in 2007, only to be told by Frigidair that the model was made in 2005. Buyers BeWare. I made an appointment for an Oven repair with Lowes subcontractor called Metrofactory (Lowes extended warranty service provider). I was told my appointment was for Jan. 30th 2008 between 8am to 5pm. After waiting for half the day on Jan. 30th 2008, the repair man was a 'no show'. I called spoke with Stella at Metrofactory and was told my appointment was cancelled because they have friends that get preferential treatment for service, in otherwords my appointment was cancelled in lieu to their friends. With great disappointment, I am very angry to know that these 'over-paid labor' workers have no discipline or professionalism toward Lowes customers. I also spoke with Barbara whom continued to spit, and hawk up mucus on the telephone while trying to speak with me. Many times I thought I was speaking with a person with Adult ATTension Deficit. Of course with constant spitting and hawking up mucus on the telephone she could barely pronounce words using the English Vocabulary. Lowes have gotten the last 'dime' from me. Since their subcontractors are unreliable and unprofessional and Lowes' a rip-off, I want nothing to do with Lowes. I have contacted the Lowes Corporate Headquarters at 800-445-6937 and spoke with Shelley (supv) for Lowes. So far nothing has prevailed. I don't expect anything will. My money back would be a great satisfaction or a reliable repair service to step up to the plate would be just as well. Sha-Ron Queens, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: GARDEN CITY, New York
Jan 30 2008
AirCare Home Medical, CPAP Ripp Off Garden Grove California
I was told I needed a CPAP. I went into the Garden Grove office of AirCare Home Medical Inc. on December 4, 2007. At that time a very friendly Brian Hammett. He told me all about the CPAP, and said, all I had to do was give him a check for $117.00 and I could take the CPAP home. I paid the money, sign some papers to show I received the instructions on how to use it, and that I was given a complete unit. During the whole time I spoke to Brian Hammett, never did he use the words rent, rental, or even lease. Suddenly, I began to receive invoices for $65.00. The invoices have specific dates, as if they were for an office visit. However, I did not have an office visit on the dates shown in the invoices. I call the number listed. The receptionist named Stephanie first said that it was a co-pay. When I mentioned that I did not have an office visit on that day, she said that it was a rental fee for the CPAP. I told her I was never told that this CPAP was a rental. She laughed and said, Well, Sir, you sign the paper. Again, I mention that I was never told that the CPAP was a rental. She said that's your fault. I asked to speak to billing. Twice I was redirected a fax machine phone. I called back, said I want to return the CPAP. If I knew it was a rental, I would have returned it several weeks before since the CPAP does not work for me, and I am not using it. I asked to speak with Brian Hammett so I can return the unit, and that's where the run around begin. Suddenly, they cannot find Brian Hammett. Each time I call I am told that Brian Hammett is not in, or that he just stepped out for the day. When I ask for his phone number or voice mail, I am told that his phone is out of order. The receptionist said that she would give him my number for Brian Hammett to call me. So far no, calls from Brian Hammett. I want to return this CPAP to AirCare Home Medical, Inc. I want the monthly billings to stop. The CPAP is useless, and with it I wake up more fatigue then without it. It keeps me awake at night, mostly since it splashes water on my face. Diego Clown Grove, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Garden Grove, California
Aug 23 2012
Empire Home Savings They are thieves Garden City, New York
We applied for a loan modification and paid the company $4700 for the processing. They had us complete forms, write and sign a letter to our mortgage company and then they filed the papers with the mortgage company. After 4 months we were denied and went back to Empire Home Savings and they were gone - literally. They closed the business, phones were off (including cell phones) and our money (which was a money back guarantee) was gone as well.
Entity: Garden City, New York
Nov 19 2010
Express Home Solutions - Almost got me! Garden City, New York
I needed to refi but didnt qual for certain programs......this guy calls me....guess some links online add me to the lists that get cold called....anyway....he made it very easy....came to my home...all suited up....nice car....we gave info ...he did worksheet....then dropped the bomb....his fee.....1/2 now...came out to $900 or so.....ok...we post date .....few days go by....call mort company...no paperwork processed or even received....we call the guy....he says it doesnt go thru normal channels it goes to underwritting....ding ding ding......all our alarms go off...now its the first and he is supposed to deposit our check...still mort comp has no papers......We rush to bank...stop pymt on check...change bank acct. Wouldn't you know it....we havent gotten a call back AT ALL....not even a why did you stop pymt on the check.  He originally said....if we arent approved...we would get refunded...but he conveniently left a sheet of paper-preprinted where in one small paragraph says if not approved money would not be refundable.  Almost got scammed there.  Oh...on another note.....they did have a website that conveniently was available when he told us to look him up....but the day we contemplated stopping payment the site was no where to be found.  My mortgage has changed servicers since then....and my rep has told me....NO ONE should be charged for loan modification.....go directly through your mortgage company and file the proper forms with backup.  Be careful and extrememly aware of these types of companies.
Entity: Garden City, New York
Jan 05 2007
Home And Garden ripoff Took $6000 and didn't do the job! Laughed when I wanted the $ back! Auburn Massachusetts
The owner of this company is Jon Drewniak. He operates out of Auburn, MA and also has had mail going to PO Box 176 in Assonet, MA. He was a good friend that also did landscaping. I gave him $6000. toward materials to take care of my yard. He put in some plants/bushes and then never came back. June 16th 2005 - I gave Jon a check for $6000. to get him started. Why did I give him this much up front? I knew money was tight and I wanted to help a friend that needed some work. He's done other jobs for me in the past and there weren't any problems. On the weekend of July 9th, Jon came by to do the plants and mulch in one corner After this, it really started to turn into a project to get any work done. I would keep getting dates when he would start the rest of the yard but they would come and go with no results. The other work was going to include 6 trees near the road along with plants and bushes in the front, along the side and in back of the house. He would also be planting some more bushes in the back yard. August 6th - Jon finally came by and planted 5 bushes. He said he'd be at the house most of the following week to take care of the job. August 10th - This day is Wednesday and no Home and Garden guy. Seeing that this has been dragging out for over a month, I called a few times, received no answer so I left a message that he needed to be there by the next day or I'd have to find someone else. This got his attention because he called back around 4pm. He kept pushing off the day that he could get there and kept coming up with excuses why he couldn't do the work yet. Some of the excuses that I had heard in the previous weeks were - he hurt his hand, there was some wood/trash in the front yard (I had that stuff cleaned) and he had other jobs to do. Jon then told me that the whole job would take 2 days and that he didn't want to be at my house any longer than he had to. Monday, August 15th - I called to let Jon know that I would be at the house early the next morning (that would be a Tuesday) and I would see him then. He got very cranky and gave me an attitude. He said that he told me that he's be there on Thursday and Friday of that week ( 8/18 and 8/19). I didn't feel like I knew the person on the other end of the phone. He was totally different and I pointed this out to him. Tuesday, August 16th - I called the nursery where the plants/trees were supposed to come from to see if Jon had been there to tag everything. They said no. Jon called about 9:30 to ask me who I spoke with at the nursery so I told him that it didn't matter. I located a note that I wrote when we talked a few days earlier. It confirmed that he was supposed to be there on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. He said that he didn't know why because he told me Wednesday or Thursday. So I said ok and told him that I would see him tomorrow. He said NO, I said Wednesday OR Thursday. At this point things weren't looking good and I had a suspicion that I knew why he kept putting this job off. So I asked if he still had the money for the materials. I just received a one word answer. That was yeah. I think told him that I thought he was pushing the job off because he didn't have the money anymore. His answer was no. The conversation ended there. I found this to be strange because most people would question why I was even asking things like that. Thursday, August 18th - Jon was supposed to be at the house early today. I called to see how he was making out around 10:30am. He didn't answer so I left a message. Called a few other times with no answer. He finally returned my calls around 11:30. He asked what I wanted. So I asked where he was. Jon told me that he had some errands to do in the morning. He was going to finish them then head down to the nursery to tag the plants and then head to the house. At first I said ok. Then after I hung up, I thought about it for a few minutes. He's been putting the job off for at least 6 weeks. He kept giving me start dates that came and went with no results and now it was pretty much etched in stone that he would be doing the entire job this day and the next. It was 11:30, he hadn't even been to the nursery to tag everything yet. Then the materials would have to be delivered. I'm not an expert but I knew that wasn't going to happen in a few hours. So that would leave him one day to do the job that he's been putting off for awhile. Another empty promise. I called Jon back and told him that it just wasn't working out. I asked him to stop by the house to give me the rest of the money and we'd just put the whole experience behind us. He laughed and hung up. Yes, you read that right... he laughed and hung up. After many calls to him that day he said that I paid for the materials and that I would be getting the materials but no money back. I told him that I didn't know where that came from because he'd supposed to be doing the entire job. Seeing that he hasn't done it he should give me the money back and I would hire another company to take care of it. He was now persistent that I only paid him for materials and even through he didn't pick them out yet, he was going to pick out all of the plants and have them left in the front yard. We went back and forth with this for awhile... I wasn't getting anywhere. About 2 weeks later I had a local attorney send him a letter to demand payment. It was stated that he was in breech of contract, fraudulent misrepresentation, unfair and deceptive trade practices and other violations of the law. Jon then offered to pay me $3000. I said no to that because he only had about $500. into it with materials and labor. He told me he had about 32 hours into the job and $1000. in materials. His breakdown for this was - 12 hour of labor at the house (he might have been there a max of 5 hours total) 8 hours for drive'bys. There might have been 2 hours max. Seeing that I was friends with Jon, I had had helped him and got lunch this day. He charged me for the whole day. 8 hours for walking around the nursery picking up plants and trees (we spent about 3 hours at the nursery and he didn't do the job so I should bill him for my time). 4 hours to pick up the plants and bushes that he planted in the backyard. This probably only took about 2. Oh yeah speaking of those plants. This picture was taken on August 15th. These plants have been sitting in pots for over a week. He never came back to put them in the ground so I took care of them. As of today, I still haven't received any money from him. 16 months later. He has been advertising on Craigslist trying to get work in the Boston area. Tom Westport, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Auburn, Massachusetts
Feb 05 2010
Home and Garden Surplus BUYER BEWARE, Refused to ship correct item or give Return Goods Autorization number Internet
Jan. 13th 2010 I ordered a Lg BD390 Blu-ray player (order #79); on Jan 22nd I received a Blu-ray player. Not really paying attention I hooked this one up and found that it would not play a blu-ray disk or a regular dvd all the way thru. In fooling around with this I seen this was a Lg BD 370 Blu-ray player and a factory reconditioned unit on top of that. I contacted Home and Garden Surplus via of their messaging and their contact us forms (aq number of times) advising wrong product and defective.  They have elected to ignore all of my emails. They do not post a telephone #. They have a nice looking shopping website, but they bury pertinent information on their FAQ page and not up front like most trustworthy sites do. They say they have the right to substitute your ordered product with something equal to our great than what you order. The Lg BD390 Network Blu-ray player is far above the BD370 and the 370 is not equal to or greater in value. All I want is what I ordered or a complete refund. Based on my experience YOU HAD BETTER STAY AWAY from this shopping site.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Mar 28 2014
Home Garden and Patio homegardenandpatio.com Ben Henley is a big fat liar!!!! Shawnee Kansas
I ordered two leather recliners on May 30, 2013, and my credit card was charged $1,741.94. I called approximately once per month for the last six months to check the status of the order. Every time I was told by Ben Henley that he would check on it and call me back tomorrow. Never once did he follow up! I e-mailed once too, no follow up to that either. Finally he admitted that he was in real trouble, Lane furniture had gone bankrupt and wasn't fulfilling his orders, and he would have to begin processing refunds. The next time I called I asked for a refund and he said he would take care of it, it would happen on Monday, December 3. More BS.  I was so taken in by his sincerity that I didnt' even check to see if my refund was processed until today, which is Thursday. Now, I have been out my money for six months, and have no chairs and no refund. This Ben Henley comes accross as sincere as heck, but it's all an act. He never comes through on his promises. He is a big fat liar. Dont' don't busines with this man or his company! Oh, and I've heard the I just got out of the hospital and fell for that one too.
Entity: Shawnee, Kansas
May 05 2014
Home Garden and Patio Ben Henley Charges credit card but never sends purchased goods Lenexa Kansas
A wrought iron pergola was purchased for $1,999.99 via the internet from Home Garden and Patio on April 4, 2013. I was told to wait 3 months to allow bulk orders to be filled before individual orders would be filled and my item shipped. Four months later, I had heard nothing and began making phone calls. I was told that the craftsman who builds these pergolas had vanished, and that a craftsman was being sought. I made phone call after phone call, and finally, in late November of 2013, I asked for a refund. I was told that this was no problem. I waited but no refund ever appeared on my credit card statement. I kept calling and kept getting different excuses, and was eventually told that an unexpected hospitalization made it impossible to refund my money. I turned to the Better Business Bureau to warn other customers: do not buy from this company! I am currently seeking legal help.
Entity: Lenexa, Kansas
Jun 25 2016
Solar Home & Garden Paul LisaPaul Bunyan Trees False Advertising - Beware - What you see is not what you get Tampa Florida
We ordered three live oak trees based on pictures shownon Craigslist. We have had success wiith other companies but these trees looked nothing like picture on internet.  They are scrawny.  Like other complaints say he offers to come replace them but then never shows.
Entity: Tampa, Florida
Sep 19 2006
Home Depot ripoff Warrington Pennsylvania
ON August 3, 2006, I went to the Warrington home depot in Pa. and purchased a refrigerator. I was given the following form. (I took an extra copy because I have yet to receive rebates when applied for from home deport, and quite frankly I think it is a scam that should be reported to the attorney general.) I was told that the refrigerator I purchased would qualify for a $100 gift card. (and $55 rebate on shipping/delivery charge). I am then informed when I check on the internet that it was before the qualifying period, which is your excuse every time.( I have done several kitchen renovations for friends and they have yet (over 1 year) to recieve their $400 gift cards. All paperwork was signed and returned the day after the purchases. ) Copy of receipt and rebate form are attached that your sales associate gave me. The home depot has repsonded after faxing all the copies of the paperwork that it did not qualify becuase the date was a day after the rebate, but the from clearly said Aug 3 rd to Aug 26th. I purchased this on the 3rd. I WILL NEVER GO TO HOME DEPOT AGAIN. WHY DOES THE CEO MAKE SO MUCH MONEY! $$$$ A Pipersville, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Warrington, Pennsylvania
Feb 24 2006
Home Depot ripoff, fraud Portland Maine
I purchased copper flashing from Home Depot and was assured there would be 50' in the roll. Who would have thought I should have them unroll the whole 50' to confirm this fact. Anyway, when it came time to begin the project, I discovered there was only 11'. I immediately contacted HD, including the regional office, to make them aware of this issue. They assured me they would make up the difference in copper. That was almost one month ago. I finally contacted them the other day and they told me they thought the issued was solved. If they didn't solve it, how did they expect it to be solved? I am taking them to court to get the product I was led to believe I purchased. D Portland, MaineU.S.A.
Entity: Portland, Maine
Feb 24 2006
Home Depot rebate ripoff Plano Texas
We mailed in a rebate for a free Wagner Paint power roller and have never received it or any information about it. Chris Plano, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Plano, Texas
Nov 30 2005
Home Depot Rebate Service Center ripoff Wixom Michigan
I mailed in 2 rebates for $150.00 each for appliances that I purchased on 10/04/05 and they mailed me a postcard back saying that the postmark date was after the rebate allows. I watched the postmaster stamp the letter myself, which was not after the date they allow. They also included a web address on the postcard which was bogus. There is no web site matching what they gave me to discuss this problem. Lorie Thomaston, ConnecticutU.S.A.
Entity: Wixom, Michigan
22, Report #194037
May 31 2006
Home Depot Internet Store Fraud? ripoff Internet
Home Depot -- Fraud? I bought a window a/c online from these people. I had trouble with it (it made a horrible racket and vibrated the whole house, practically). I talked with customer service and said I needed to return the item and wanted to try my luck with a different unit they had for sale on the website. The trouble was it was on back order, and there was a 30-day limit on returns. The girl I talked to checked with her supervisor and got me a 90-day window for the return. So far so good. But you better plan to wait on hold for 45 minutes to an hour each time you talk to C/S. I am DEAD serious. They say they are working to correct the problem. (Who knows?) I had to commit additional funds to purchase the new unit when it became available, then contact C/S again to arrange for a return of the old unit after the new unit shipped. I got the feeling the gal who took care of me would not have given me my return authorization number if I hadn't asked for it. She sounded like she was going to terminate the call without giving me my authorization. Fortunately on a return the UPS driver gives you a ticket with the tracking number when she (or he) picks up the package and puts a label on it for you, so I was able to see when it was received by Home Depot and who had signed for it. Now more waiting. A few days went by and there was no credit to my account so I called C/S again. Good thing I have a speaker phone, right? Otherwise I would have had gangrene in my ear by now. The gentleman was helpful. He did something that he said would force them at the warehouse to deal with this particular item post haste. Just don't look for anything to happen til early next week, he said. Ok, well it is the middle of next week and it finally showed up back on my account. So, you can get good service from these people if you try hard enough and wait your turn. The Fraud remark above involves how they edited out the negatives from my product review, and in one case refused to publish it entirely. If fraud isn't the correct term, perhaps crooked is. Misleading business practices? You decide. I will publish the review of mine they published, then what I gave them in its entirety, and also the one they refused to print on their website. This is so you can take any product reviews customers write with lots of salt. Chances are they were heavily redacted to remove any serious negatives about product or service. A Good Unit!, May 23, 2006 By Arthur from Wylie, Texas I got this as a replacement for a defective unit (5200 BTU; see review titled Dubious Purchase) and it is working nicely. It is quiet, for a window unit, and looks nice. It has one-degree accuracy settings. One small engineering point is that while it can operate in both Fahrenheit and Celsius, the engineers apparently didn't know that one degree C, isn't one real degree in F. but rather 1.8 degrees American. You forfeit some comfort if you display in Celsius. Other than that, if this is in stock it will be a good buy. If it is on back order that may be another matter. Here's what I really wrote in that second paragraph: Other than that, if this is in stock it will be a good buy. If it is on back order that may be another matter. Just hope you never have to deal with customer service. A wait of 45 to 60 min. is normal. Emails take a week to get an answer. They promise they are trying to correct the matter. I hope that is true. Here is the review they suppressed: Dubious Purchase... I bought this unit (or its equivalent) under the Maytag name. Home Depot has since pulled the unit and replaced it with this one. It's all the same company though, Fedders, Maytag, Airtemp. I thought I was being a smart and informed consumer by measuring the bedroom, selecting the size carefully so as to not overdo it, and go for the Energy-Star rating like a good little inhabitant of the planet. Well, the unit made a horrible racket, and vibrated so much you could hear it two bedrooms away down the hall even with the doors closed. So I exchanged it for the Fedders model A6X06F2A (6000 btu). I didn't dare roll the dice on another one of these. I did a careful measurement of the room again. I had right at 144 sq. ft. -- the maximum for the 5200 btu unit is 150 sq. ft. I reasoned that a little extra wouldn't hurt, and am I glad I did. The 800 btu difference in the next size up plus the lack of Energy Star rating meant only $8 per year in expected running cost. And let's face it. You only save real energy when the compressor isn't running. Err too much on the side of bigness, however, and you don't get enough dehumidification because the air doesn't move across the coils long enough to remove the moisture from the room. Forget about the energy-saving feature being able to bring in cool outside air when possible, by the way. With units this size you forfeit your window when this is installed. There is no air exchanger. If you have only one window in the room as I do, you have no more contact with outside air. Period. Your window is sealed. You would have to go into a Fedders 8000 btu to have an air exchanger on it. But then, Home Depot doesn't even carry that model. The Fedders unit I now have is soooo much quieter than the last one, though it can make weird noises once in a while when the compressor is running. Maybe it is the gas entering the coil that makes the noise. Like a low-frequency gurgling sound. But all in all, I'd say go for the greater cooling of the 6000 btu's and pass on the energy saving. Two fan speeds seem to be quite enough as well. A third speed is probably just Energy-Star window dressing. Arthur Wylie, TexasU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Home Depot
Entity: ..., Internet
Dec 12 2003
Home Depot ripoff - dishonest billing Newark Delaware
I had a Home Depot Credit card for a little over 2 years and just recently paid off and closed the account because of their dishonest billing practices and poor customer service personnel. In May of 2002 I was shopping in my local store where they were having one of their 'spend over $300 and get no interest/no payments until January 2003' deals. The items that I was planning on purchasing that day totaled $280...so I ended up buying a few more items to take advantage of the offer. A few weeks later I exchanged one of the items that I had purchased upon my initial visit and also bought one more item on my card. I asked the woman at the returns desk if it still counted towards the 'no interest/no payment' offer and after checking with her manager she told me that it would. The next month (June 2002) I received a statement with my balance and zero payment, and zero interest on it and thought nothing more of it. The following month (July 2002) I received another bill which I tossed aside to open later. I didn't think that I had to make a payment yet and therefore did not think anything of it. At the end of July I left to spend 2 weeks in Italy and upon returning I received a call on my cell from Home Depot stating that I was past due on my payment and that I would have to remit payment immediately. I explained to the gentleman that I did not yet have payments due and he then explained to me that I was given the wrong information by the lady at the store. He said that since I was a good customer and had always made payments on time that he could remove the 30-day late payment from my account. I thanked him and I then paid off the balance for the item that I had charged on my second visit when I returned the merchandise. After that I began receiving monthly statements on my initial balance (the one that was supposed to have zero payments/zero interest) and called to report this error (which was also never fixed and so I ended up paying off the balance so that I would not have to deal with this issue anymore). While on the phone I also inquired about the 'late payment' ordeal and make sure that it had been removed. It had not. I then had to explain to the girl what had happened and she said that she would make sure that this was removed. Several months later, when checking my credit report, I found the 30-day late payment on that account. When I called back to Home Depot to report this and go through the story again the customer service representative was rude and told me that there was nothing she could do. I asked to speak to her manager and was told that 'she was busy right now'. I was then asked to call back later and when I refused to do so (mainly because I did not want to have to go through the story again) the girl became visibly irritated and told me that there was nothing that they could do at this point. I then asked her if this incident was worth losing a customer over and her remark was 'well, if that is how you feel'. I then closed my account and have never been back to the store. I own two homes, one rental property and the house that I live in, and between the both of them I usually spend over $1500/year in Home Depot. I just cannot believe that a store would make it that difficult to have one thing removed from your file. I have since disputed the 30-day late payment with the credit bureau, but have not had much luck in having it removed. Elizabeth Mableton, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Newark, Delaware
Jan 24 2005
Home Depot ripoff Atlanta Georgia
We got a home improvement loan from Home Depot. They initially billed us at our former address. We got our payments straightened out and even paid ahead, but they continue to put derogatory information on our credit report. We don't speak Spanish, or whatever their customer service people spoke, but after multiple long hold times, their hang ups, and I don't know what to do from customer service about their billing problems, we still have problems from that company. Their financing company left messages at our former residence about 20 times in a row on our answering machine to call them, so maybe we could help them figure out what they did with our payments, but it is nearly useless to respond. They can't find payments, and our bank also declined to continue to verify online payments with their financing company. Our bank offered to mail us proof so we could invest more of our time monthly with their billing department, and basically told us to deal with them ourselves. If you want to improve or repair a defectively built home (largely built from Home Depot building materials purchased by our nationally respected builders of shoddy housing) save yourself some headaches; I recommend you finance elsewhere. Great place for cheap materials, if you have to use disposable housing fixtures, or need a quick patch on a tight budget. They have good stuff too that I was glad to be able to buy at great prices, however big name contractors buy a lot of the cheap crap they have out for new homes, materials the DO NOT last reasonably expected times in some cases for a new home. Check how many $9.95 or bottom of the line fixtues are in your 400k home before you buy it. Will make you want to be a builder too, when you see how much they are taking you for. Home Depot is right there with the hammers to put in the screws, when it comes to their consumer credit department. Suggestion- go elsewhere for financing. Our bank reply about uncredited payments that caused constant harrasing calls from Home depot creditors: Please contact Home Depot Consumer Credit directly for a transfer of the above payment. The payment was issued as requested towards the account ending in -****. We show that you have two recurring payment models (two accounts) set up for the payee, one to process on the 1st of the month and the 2nd to process on the 6th of the month. Also, the next pending payments for the accounts are on December 31st and January 6th. You are entitled to receive a copy of any document that we relied upon during our investigation. To request documents, you can e-mail us anytime. Please provide the Case ID number in your request to ensure that we send you the appropriate documents by U.S. mail. Ronald Glen Allen, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Aug 15 2012
Home Depot Sub-contracted garden shed disaster Internet
We had just purchased our home and needed a shed to keep our lawn mower and other gardening tools in.  We decided to purchase a shed from our local Home Depot because they offered the service of putting up the shed for us (my husband was unable to do this kind of work due to a serious back injury.)  We were told the men who would be putting up our shed would arrive first thing Thursday morning-the Thursday before Labor day and that the job shouldn't take more than a day.  These guys didn't show up till almost noon and barely got the footings in place--which they did incorrectly, not even checking for level.  I looked out at 2:00 P.M. and saw that they were loading up their truck to leave.  My husband was furious and asked them where they were going. Evidently the three men were brothers and their niece had a birthday party that afternoon. Same thing on Friday--showed up at noon after we called repeatedly to find out where they were and when they were going to show up.  This day, their tools broke down after working for an hour and they were about to load up and leave when my husband went out and offered to loan them his tools. Oh, and did I mention they littered our yard with cigarette butts and drank on the job--empty beer cans every where! Saturday it got to be 12:30 and my husband finally tracked them down. The lead guy said that they figured they'd take the day off and go fishing. My husband ordered them to get to our house and finish the job--they had nothing but the roof to put on. Sunday same excuse.  It was the middle of the day Labor day by the time they finished---finally! Now this was not a huge shed. Tuesday, we went to our local Home Depot to complain.  We went to the customer service desk and asked to speak to the store manager.  We were told he wasn't in yet, but the assistant manager was there.  We asked to speak with her.  After she listened to what we had to say, she said she was sorry but the men that were sent out to assemble our shed were sub-contractors, not actual employees of Home Depot and Home Depot hires hundreds of sub-contractors. We were told that she couldn't possibly hunt these guys down even after we supplied her with the work order. The assistant manager refused to do anything for us and we vowed never to shop there again. Needless to say its been less than five years and the shed is completely unlevel and is actually splitting in half.  We have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the States Attorney and we will not rest until they come out and fix or replace our shed.  They don't stand behind their product or the workers they sub-contract to do their installations.  They have lost us as customers forever along with all of our family members.
Entity: , Internet