IUNIVERSE SELF PUBLISHING COMPANY ADVERTISING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: iuniverse self publishing company advertising

There may be more reports for "iuniverse self publishing company advertising "

For more results perform a general search for "iuniverse self publishing company advertising "

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jun 20 2009
IUniverse Self Publishing Company Advertising /Deceptive Practices iuniverse.com Internet
I published a book in 1995,that still have good ratings on amazon, and other book sites. Yet, Iuniverse have pocket all the money that were proceeds from my book. Not only that they rip me off on the cost of publishing the book,by charging cost for editing mistakes that they themselves were creating and charging me to correct them. Everytime they did that they charge me almost two hundred dollars. I ended up paying double for my the publishing of my book. They have not paid me any money, from the sales of my book, according to the book sites sales have been made and favorability have been 98%, why haven't iuniverse paid me anything.. They are rip-off artist. I hope that the public will read this and stay far away from them as possible. They are no good. And should be published and made to compensate me and others for ripping us off. I want my money now. Please help. Ripoff by iuniverse publishing company Brookhaven, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: iuniverse.com, Internet
Sep 10 2008
IUniverse Self Publishing Company Misrepresents its Services Bloomington Indiana
Reviews of self publishing houses often give iUniverse high ratings. But that was before they were purchased by a holding company. Since then, their services have maddeningly deteriorated. The former reviews do not apply. In early 2009, iUniverse was purchased by a venture capital firm. The new holding company president immediately ordered iUniverse to move its equipment and people from Lincoln, Nebraska to Bloomington, Indiana. Over half of the highly trained staff refused to relocate. The president and CEO of iUniverse resigned. The new staff seem to be young with no experience in publishing. Because of the untrained staff, and because of the delays that resulted from the move, books are not being published in the intended time of 90 days. There is a tremendous backlog. Mine has been delayed over six months. Further, staff give you different information, cannot tell you when a problem will be resolved, and they make frequent mistakes. Their store software (where you can purchase the books) crashes frequently and contains many bad links. There does not seem to be any way to resolve problems when a staff person gives you poor service. My book at this point seems to be of professional quality (but oh, the hammering to get it to this point). Will iUniverse have problems with marketing and fulfillment? Almost certainly, as the best predictor of future performance is past. Jean Santa Fe, New MexicoU.S.A.
Sep 06 2008
IUniverse Self Publishing Company The company has changed, former reviews do not apply Bloomington Indiana
Reviews of self publishing houses often give iUniverse high ratings. But that was before they were purchased by a holding company. Since then, their services have maddeningly deteriorated. The former reviews do not apply. In early 2009, iUniverse was purchased by a venture capital firm. The new holding company president immediately ordered iUniverse to move its equipment and people from Lincoln, Nebraska to Bloomington, Indiana. Over half of the highly trained staff refused to relocate. The president and CEO of iUniverse resigned. The new staff seem to be young with no experience in publishing. Because of the untrained staff, and because of the delays that resulted from the move, books are not being published in the intended time of 90 days. There is a tremendous backlog. Mine has been delayed six months. Further, staff give you different information, cannot tell you when a problem will be resolved, and they make frequent mistakes. Their store software (where you can purchase the books) crashes frequently and contains many bad links. There does not seem to be any way to resolve problems when a staff person gives you poor service. My book at this point seems to be of professional quality (but oh, the hammering to get it to this point). Will iUniverse have problems with marketing and fulfillment? Almost certainly, as the best predictor of future performance is past. Jean Santa Fe, New MexicoU.S.A.
Sep 12 2009
IUniverse Self Publishing Company - iUniverse, Inc., a Delaware corporation Cancelled my contract after publishing, removed my book from internet, kept my money, never paid royalties, misrepresented their abilities, scam Bloomington , Indiana
I published my book, Better Not Bitter, with iUniverse.  They were incompetent from the start and clearly a scam.  They're there to take your money and deliver nothing. You can never reach your PSA, no one answers the phone, the services promised are embarrassingly poor.  I bought the Premier Pro package which promises one on one author support.  After numerous time-wasting edits of their own mistakes which were delaying publication and their inability for weeks to photoshop a simple photograph for my cover, my partner--a home repair and remodeler! -- bought a software package that creates book covers.  He had a completed cover by end of day!  iUniverse should be embarrassed by the first two covers they offered as finished work.  A 10th-grade graphics student could've done better.   I know several people ordered my book online yet I have never received my royalties or an accounting.  Not even since they, iUniverse, cancelled my contract without my permission.  On August 10, 2009, Eugene Hopkins (Client Services) informed me that someone who identified himself as my ex-husband wanted the book pulled because he said it was libelous.  On that day I was promised an accounting of the purported libelous statements so that I could rebut them.  They have never been produced.  Curiously, the Premier Pro package offered editorial evaluation yet iUniverse didn't find my book libelous after two evaluations by their professional editors.  No libel lawsuit has been filed against my book by anyone.   iUniverse immediately removed my book from publication and availability.  All it took was someone calling up and saying they wanted a book removed and iUniverse did so!  iUniverse sent me a letter saying that per [my] written request they've cancelled my contract.  An attorney requested a corrected letter from iUniverse stating that I did not cancel the contract.  Eugene Hopkins promised one would be issued.  It's been 4 weeks and no letter.  They refuse to refund my money for publishing yet they've taken my book offline.  In effect they took my money, published a few books, removed my book and kept all my money. Breach of contract, misrepresentation, incompetence, fraud, lies, runaround, bullying tactics - that's what you get with iUniverse.
Aug 31 2012
iUniverse Self Publishing PSA: Jill Serinas Unauthorized publication of my book, will not report sales stats of book on my- myumiverse account. Internet
After paying iUniverse's editorial team (AUTHOR HOUSE) they destroyed my book in all it's form. Bad grammar, connected words and spaced apart words throughout. Their process is to (after editing) send you a internal book block. The AUTHOR is to make changes & corrections on both parties behalf. Not enough room. I demanded that they re-edit. Their charge to fix all errors...$500 and some odd dollars. After months of exhaustion I told them to go with production but DO NOT PUBLISH, I simply wanted something for my $1800. My book is now for sale on all major book retailers web site. Unauthorized.   Punitive damage is...my name as an AUTHOR is trashed, and I can never again publish under my name. Jill Serinas refuses to remove my book from sales, unless I physically write and mail them a signed letter stating to do so. To late for that, my book I later learned had been for sale for two months. How do you fight them. I eventually threatened that my ATTORNEY prefers leaving my book live in order to gather inflicting facts against them. My book is still live, but, they;ll not let me see my sales stats or royalties. Unauthorized publication 6/11/2012
Entity: , Internet
Oct 16 2012
Xlibris iUniverse DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY SELF-PUBLISHING WITH XLIBRIS! , Internet
Xlibris is the biggest fraud of a company that I ever had the misfortune to engage. In the past nine months, I have been shuffled between Author Services Representatives all promising that my books would be published soon. My first ASR Cherry Bates left the company, and no one even notified me until two weeks after the fact. The next ARS Gregory Ellis failed to return my phone calls. I was then assigned Glenn Bryce who did not return my e-mails or calls for some time. I was simultaneously told that he had left the company and was out on leave!  When Mr. Bryce did acknowledge my e-mails and eventually call me, he told me that the pdf file to my first novel had been lost and that we should go ahead and publish my second novel first. I was unhappy about this but agreed. In the meantime I sent a copy of my first novel to Mr. Bryce with corrections that I wanted made. I assumed that since Xlibris had lost my file for the e-book, they could at least make some changes gratis. The e-book was created, but some idiot wiped out all the italics from the manuscript, italics that were there for a reason. After several attempts, I thought the Xlibris technicians had got it correct, but I was wrong. However, Xlibris posted the e-book on their website and secondary sellers websites. I asked it to be removed, but it wasnt. I was eventually assigned Ken Barnes as an Author Services Representative who promised me that all the changes to my first e-book would be made. He also assured me that the corrections that I asked to be made gratis to my second novel would be honored due to all the trouble I had encountered. I had already paid $250.00 for post-productions corrections, which involved some minor punctuation and the use of the correct book cover, so I was happy about that. When Xlibris technicians created the e-book for my second novel, a flawless product could not be created without mistakes being made. I again asked for some minor changes to be made gratis considering the work had to be done any how to correct Xlibris mistakes!  I sent letters of complaint to Xlibris managers Raymond Chin, Michelle Postrano and Elaine Jerome-Headley, but nothing was ever done. Neither Mr. Chin nor Ms. Postrano could even acknowledge my e-mails.  At this point I was given a rash of grief that I had to pay another $125.00 to get these corrections implemented. This was the straw that broke my camels back! I canceled my business with Xlibris and sent out signed Letters of Intent to the appropriate Xlibris managers with a carbon copy to everyone I had dealt with in the past nine months. Rey August sent me an e-mail stating that my account was cancelled. Then a week and a half later Matt Evers called me and said that it was his understanding that I wanted to cancel my account! I went ballistic. This was just another example of Xlibris incompetence!   I should also add that one of my book packages (I paid for four books to be published) included single item accessoriesbookmarks, posters, business cards, and postcards. After sending detailed notes and pictures regarding the font and pitch size for the text and the book cover I wanted used for each product, it took Xlibris technicians six tries to finally get it right. Each time a new version of the items arrived, it looked like my instructions were completely ignored, and the techs did whatever they bloody well wanted! The 50 SEO clicks that I received in my first book package were used when the incorrect version of the e-book was published, and Xlibris refused to give me another 50 SEO clicks to replace them. All in all, it has been an expensive and frustrating nightmare working with Xlibris. Although I lost a good amount of money, the thing that angers me most is the time I lost from my life dealing with these incompetent, lying b*stards. I discovered too late that I'm not the only one who has encountered problems. There was a lawsuit against Xlibris in early 2012 by the State of Indiana where the company headquarters is located (Bloomington). Obviously, the problems with Xlibris are far-reaching and go way beyond the customer service department in Cebu, Philippines.  After reading all the consumer complaints about authors not receiving their royalties, should either of these books had been published, I doubt I would have seen a dime in royalties. Bottom line: Do not deal with Xlibris no matter how much you want to be published! BTW, Xlibris also operates under the name iUniverse.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jan 07 2009
IUniverse Publishing iUniverse didn't ask me when they priced my book, the price was too high Lincoln Nebraska
On October 31st,2007 I signed a deal with iUniverse to publish my book titled AMERICA! The Unwavering Dream ISBN: 978-0-595-47939-9. Publish the book cost me $1,117.00 that amount included 25 promotional services. (I have a copy of the contract) To my knowledge they havent used any of the services they promised. Most POD publishers I have dealt with asked me how much I want to charge for my book, iUniverse never did, they priced the hardcover and the softcover too high. Softcover $22.95, the hardcover $32.95 and the book is only 310 pages. Las time I checkd with Ingram they haven't sold any of my book. The address I have indicated is the old address before they moved to Indiana. I try to sell my book to bookstores but they nort interested buying softcover or hardcover book priced too high. Do not deal with iUniverse!!!!!!!!!! Gabe Stayton, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Lincoln, Nebraska
8, Report #1195965
Dec 17 2014
iUniverse/Author House Company does not respond with full sales figures. Bloomington Indiana
I published my book, Vlad Dracula, The Dragon Prince, with iUniverse in December 2004.  At first, everything went smoothly.  Sales were steady enough that I was entered into iU's STAR program.  I purchased a marketing program from them for several hundred dollars, in which they claimed that they would send e-mails to a target audience of book buyers.  I have no way of knowing what they did, but I did not generate one sale that I know of from this program.  I decided to try a more focused approach and purchased another marketing program from them for $1200, this time supposedly targeted to blogs on the subject of Dracula.  Sparing the details here. that program was a mess, and, after several e-mails back and forth, they finally refunded my money. In the meantime, my book sold well enough that it was published in Italy, Poland, China, and Viet-Nam by commercial publishers.  It carries solid 4-Star reviews on amazon in the US, and 4 1/2 Stars in the UK.  I did make one inquiry--not an accusation--regarding iU's royalty reporting to the Indiana Consumer Protection Bureau.  They (uselessly) referred the question to iU instead of doing an actual investigation into the matter.  I suppose they do not have the resources to investigate every question raised with them.  I asked the question because of my own doubts and things I saw posted on-line about iU. Recently, I asked iU for gross sales figures for my book since its publication in December 2004.  I made it clear that this was not a royalty issue, that I just needed a gross figure of sales to refer to my agent in the hopes of getting a US publisher interested.  I even said they could lump all sales--e-books, hard cover, paperback--together, so I wouldn't even be able to estimate what total royalties should have been. Well, I am now four e-mails into it with them, the last being sent by me today, 12/17/14.  The only response I received was a partial report of sales from this calendar year after my second e-mail (their on-line posting of sales are rarely, if ever, up to date), which is useless and does not answer my question. This has all raised further questions in my mind, which I intend to refer to another legal agency, one which, I hope, does investigate iU.  As I said, there are several other complaints posted on-line about iU.  Again, I am not making any allegations, just raising questions, like, Why won't iU send a meaningful response to my recent request?  Do they, in fact, report all sales and pay all royalties?  Do they keep all sales records on books published?  If not, why not? I posted before about their poor record with my book on their marketing programs.  And how, when they entered my book in their STAR Program because of its number of sales, they had the back cover description written by someone who either did not speak English as his/her first language or was just very poor at grammar. At any rate, that is my story to date.
Apr 15 2011
iUniverse Author House - AuthorHouse - Xlibris - Bertram Capital Management - Author Solutions - Trafford Publishing - Wordclay DANGER! BEWARE! FRAUD! and let's not forget CLASS ACTION Internet
I sat in the Bada Bing today and thought about this awful situation for a long time. The corporate officers and certain employees of these entities deserve to be pictured in handcuffs on the front page of every significant newspaper in the world, and featured on American Greed, Dateline, and 60 Minutes, to name only a few.All due respect...The masterminds behind this flimflam printing operation should get no respect, no more money from the public, and significant incarceration. They know perfectly well what they're doing and what they have done to an unsuspecting public. In order to not let them get away with it, each one of you who had money stolen by iUniverse and its other incarnations needs to step up and join a class action lawsuit and not keep saying that someone else ought to do it. They are not going to go away unless you join to do something. Stop feeling powerless.(((Redacted))) CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: , Internet
Jun 09 2010
iuniverse POD company steer clear of this company if you want to get published---not unpublished!!! bloomington, Indiana
I am the author of THE OAKLAND COUNTY TRAGEDY. A book about a terrible crime of arson that claimed the lives of five children who happened to have been my neighbors for years. The purpose of the book is to expose the truth about what actually happened at that home, and the fact that an innocent man is in prison doing life for what was obviously someone else's doing. The story about the author of BETTER NOT BITTER rings eerily similar to my own nightmares with iuniverse. It was as if i were reading my very own story written by someone else! The problems first started with their severe lack of competence,and the repetitive mistakes that seem to keep on popping up despite the fact that i've already paid to have them corrected. Some of which I didn't make in the first place!  Once the book became available online (with no input from their marketing department whatsoever) I was impressed by the international online exposure that it was getting. After quite a few months worth of this type of exposure I was puzzeled by the sales reports (when their website is finally allowing me to check). They were unrealistically low, and I had my suspicions of my sales reports being fudged or not being made available at all!  They claim that they can't track the sales from other outlets such as Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, etc. Yet I constantly see how Amazon and others sites are getting copies of my book and then having to order more. During the end of the quarter,when authors are supposed to be able to check on the sales history of their books, their website is always conveniently down and the information is not available to them.This is a perfect opportunity for an unscrupulous company to take advantage of the authors sales and pocket the royalties. Also, I too was e-mailed by none other than mr.Eugene Hopkins that someone made alligations that there were things in the book that weren't true, and that this was the sole reason that they were going to take the book off line. Even though this company is not responsible for any of the content because they did none of the editing, they chose to let one single phone call from a person that a lot to lose from this book being made public cause them to breach their contract with me. Once he promptly removed it from the web, he became impossible to reach, and would not respond to any of my e-mails or phone calls so that I could substantiate my claims or address whatever the concern was because Eugene sure didn't tell me specifically. In my opinion these people are nothing but crooks, and we authors need to get an attorney to file a class action lawsuit against this company.
Entity: bloomington, Indiana
Dec 21 2013
ECKO PUBLISHING Aardvark Global Publishing IS SALT LAKE CITY COMPANY RIPPING OFF SELF-PUBLISHING AUTHORS??‏ Sandy Utah
Back in September of 2012 I published a book with ECKO titled “The Ignorance of Faith”.  During the following months it was published in 5 different language editions, first in Spanish, then English, Portuguese, French and German. There is no transparency of Independent Author´s sales at ECKO.  In other words, no records of sales are offered to Authors.  If one insists eventually they might send a sales report, but with no sales, or little sales, probably underreported.  One day I asked: How I am sure these reported sales are true and honestly reported? Their reply was: “If we were not honest, we would not be in business long”. The fact seems to be that when the bull hits the fan, they close operations, and -soon later- return with another company name.  They used to be called Aardvark (if it is correct what I found in several RIPOFF reports, on the internet). Their address is secretive, only a P. O. Box in Sandy, UT.  One day, when I was going to start business with them, a lady by the name Samantha talked to me. However, Samantha seems to be several people, I found out that William Kramer is now acting as such “Samantha”. Email request for report on sales are not answered anymore.  Have warned them -months ago- that I might initiate legal action.  Yet, no replies from them, totally undeterred.  I ordered some of my books myself, to see if those would be reported, and proceeds from sales sent to me, but that was not the case. In a couple of occasions “Samantha” indicated she was going to make a PayPal deposit, but it was never done.  In more than one year that all 5 books have been available in Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and their own books sales (ECKO Books) only a deposit of $50 was made to PayPal on my behave, and that was back in January of 2013.  Not to be repeated ever again! Searching on the internet I found complaints about them. I sent an email -including those negative reports to them- indicating that it was my ultimatum.  Proper sales reports or I would go to the FBI, and other consumer Agencies.  No communication at all since then.  A few months ago, I paid for a revision in one of the book, which had some printing defects that I noticed. They –supposedly- processed the changes, and indicated to me that within a few weeks the new version would be available in the sales channels.   I allowed 3 months to pass by, and then ordered the book, only to find out that they have not made the changes requested. Took the money but did not do anything to the book. There are many self-publishers out there, and a few of them -I fear- might be fraudulent. It is quite easy to publish books, amass an inventory of thousands of books from small authors, and do not pay them.  They might get significant revenue streams from random sales of this bunch of books, but for the Authors, he or she would not have a way to know if his/her books are selling at all.  And it might be reasonable for them to think that there might have not been any sales at all.  It is a matter of pure trust in your Self-Publisher, no trace of sales, no accountability to their authors, no transparency. Utility companies send you a monthly statement, regardless of monthly use of service,… not these companies! I did contact Amazon to see if they could help, informing me on the sales of my books, but in some way they are their accomplices, because they only inform the publishing houses on sales, and not the Authors.  Only those Authors with Amazon´s own self-publishing (CreateSpace) have access to that sales information.  My guess is that it is so easy to hide sales from Autors, that the whole industry might be a rip-off (not just ECKO, but the temptation is there for many others: Lulu, Xlibris,..). It is imperative that the FBI, or somebody with jurisdiction in this matter, verifies the records with  Amazon and Barnes & Noble (the typical sales venues for this industry) and corroborates that payments are made to Authors by the self-publishing companies. THIS IS AMERICA, NOT SOME BANANA REPUBLIC OF THE THIRD WORLD!!
Entity: Sandy, Utah
Oct 31 2008
IUniverse, Inc./Eugene HopkinsiUniverse, Inc./Eugene Hopkins/Liesl Schapker Breach of Contract, Undue Delays and Mental Anguish Bloomington Indiana
I signed up with iUniverse Publishing last 8th of July 2008 to get my manuscript get edited, and published professionally, affordably, and fast(per Get Published! Professionally, Affordably, Fast - a book written by Ms. Susan Driscoll, Author, President and CEOof iUniverse). My manuscript was submitted and accepted by iUniverse, Inc. after payment of the required fee and was assigned two personnel by the name of Liesl Shapker, my appointed Publishing Services Associated and Amy He, my appointed Publishing Consultant. I was informed that my manuscript would have to go through several stages, under 4 different authors, one author responsible for correcting grammar and spelling, one author responsible for ensuring it is in the right format, etc. After over 3 months has passed, I kept sending emails to Liesl Schapker on the status of my book. Then about the first week of Oct. 2008, I received a telephone call from one Eugene Hopskins that he was cancelling my contract with iUniverse and get the money I paid for, be refunded. According to Eugene Hopkins, ( He is the client services manager per Liesl Schapker) my manuscript was not the kind of story they would publish. I asked him why it took him over 3 months to decide and tell me that. Eugene was apologetic and said, I'm sorry. As per several e-mails from my assigned PSA, Liesl Schapker, the amount of $899.00 will be refunded. I have checked my bank for electronic transfer but there was no record of any transaction coming from iUniverse Publisher. iUniverse wasted my time for over 3 months and delayed my going over to another able and capable publishing company. It was a mental anguish for me to wait over 3 months and to be told that my manuscript was not the kind of story they wanted to publish. At this time, I want my refund of $899.00 back ASAP. Bill San Diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Jan 07 2003
Castlebridge Publishing ripoff deceptive company Denver Colorado
I sent this company 79.00 to stuff envelopes, They mislead you into beleiving they will send you the envelopes to stuff and you mail them back for an income. I have done everything they say to do and have generated no profit what so ever. I asked for my money back with absolutely no response. Lyn Pelzer, South CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Denver, Colorado
Apr 01 2013
Preffered Publishing Company Golf Book Sean Preffered Publishing delray beach, Florida
I was recently called by this company. i think his name was sean. He offered me an advertising spot to be the preffered electrician in so many country clubs. he brought me to there companys website...http://www.ppcgolf.net/ or what they calla  website.... I would never do business with a website that looks as unprofessional as that. AS i was reading the market I realized that it seamed very familiar. I did some more thinking! AH HA https://teeoffpub.com/demographics.html is the same exact thing! wow this company couldn't even come up with there own stuff. Then i did some more research and found out that these guys dont even print the books. If your gonna scam someone at least do it good and not as shitty as you guys do
Entity: delray beach, Florida
May 27 2012
iuniverse iuniverse/authorhouse II got screwed over Internet, Internet
Thank you...for all the positive emails I received after filing my complaint against iuniverse/authorhouse. Keep them coming...Christopher            Iuniverse actually contacted me to resolve my issues to no avail, of course.      Again thank you so much for your support... Christopher
Entity: Internet, Internet
May 29 2009
IUniverse Poor services Bloomington Indiana
I am having a lot of problems with iuniverse and its poor services. Dealing with iuniverse is, like you said, very frustrating. I have one big problem after another in my dealings with them. When I thought all my troubles were over, I was shocked to receive two test copies, which had terrible book covers. I have never seen a book with such a bad cover. The colors were all mixed up, and the text, plus cover photo were misplaced! I would have expected this kind of thing to happen in the third world, but to be honest, books published in Uganda and Bangladesh are pf a much higher quality! The worst part of dealing with iuniverse is that they are rude and unprofessional. I have written to the vice president, CEO, and many consultants about the poor covers of my books, and they have all ignored me. I have even written to the CEO/ Vice presidents of authorssolution, and author's house, but they are all silent about the issue. And as if that were not bad enough, the only guy who had the courage to reply said that this was the first time they had ever had a problem like this!!! It is obvious that what iuniverse writes on its website is miles apart from what it actually offers. I would not advise any writer to risk invest his money in iuniverse. I wonder why no one had sued it yet! As a matter of fact, each of us who has had serious problems with iuniverse should not blame anyone for our suffering, because by choosing not to take any legal action against them, we are reinforcing their unprofessional behavior. So, I suggest, lets get together and take some serious legal action, seeking for compensatory and punitive damages. Oscar **** KampalaUganda
Feb 24 2011
Natlist Directory Publishing Newslink Canada Inc. advertising scam, fake company Edmonton, Alberta
They are trying to bill me for advertising, see related scam at: http://www.ripoffreport.com/book-magazine-publishers/natlist-directory-pu/natlist-directory-publishing-s-892c9.htm Teen Life Choices Guide
Entity: Edmonton, Alberta
Jan 18 2009
AT&T Advertising & Publishing, The Berry Company Return on investment Metairie Louisiana
I suffered a 55% loss in 2008 on my AT&T Yellow Page print ad. I'm trying to decide between getting out now, and going with a bigger, professionally designed ad, in a pathetic attempt to gain a 120% improvement. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess. I've been advertising with them for over 3 years and have never gotten my money's worth. They've told me to go bigger to get more calls, which I did. They told me to go full process color to get more calls, which I did. They told me for 10% more, I can go in the companion book to get more calls, which I did. They told me advertise on yellowpages.com to get more calls, which I did. None of these changes gave me more calls. The yellowpages.com by AT&T was the worst with a whopping 0% return on investment, and I was on the first page! I'm told that since I'm a drain cleaning company I have to be in the yellow pages. Most people go to the yellow pages when they need a plumber, and to the plumbing section if they need a drain cleaned. The at&t YP in New Orleans has over 900 plumbers listed. The customer has so much choice their heads must spin. The ad they designed for me is not working and/or AT&T's prices are way out of whack. They would need to drop their price 500.00 per month for me to break even. I would be completely happy with breaking even. By comparison I have an ad in the newspaper that I pay $177.00 per month for and make between 200.00 and 600.00 per month from. I'm thinking about getting out of the YP and buying more newspaper advertising. Even going door to door may be more effective than AT&T advertising and publishing, The Berry Company. AT&TCASHCOW kenner, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Metairie, Louisiana
Jun 12 2007
Master Publishing Group Hid the Whole truth about the company Miami Florida
I received a postal stamp about the business and they didn't tell the whole truth nor did they tell the whole truth about their business on their site. They never mentioned that you have to advertise for them and when reading on their website and from the postal stamp, they make it seem as if all you had to do was mail out booklets to receive money. But everything came in the mailbox like they said but they just left out the whole truth of how to make money. People get confused with ads that don't explain in detail what is all involved. It is kind of deceiving because they probably know if they put in all the details people aren't going to send 24 or how many dollars to get the materials to them. I see other ads in the Home Business Connection magazine that deals with mailing out letters and booklets. They are similar to this one and neither of them mention that you have to go out of your way to advertise. They say how easy and not stressful but going and advertising and spending more and more money on ads and then having to buy more materials from the company in order to advertise and send out letters will make you use more money then what your get back. I'm disgusted. These businesses is what ruins people from doing home businesses. These businesses is what makes people skeptical and negative about business opportunities that someone can work from their own home. I believe you have to go out and bust your butt to make money. I'm a painter but hey, i receive money weekly and know i'm getting paid and not spending money in order to make money except for gas to get to work. Chad petal, MississippiU.S.A.
Entity: Miami, Florida
Nov 01 2011
Ultimate Success Publishing False Advertising,No Refunds, Dishonest Company Alhambra, California
I ordered the Ultimate Success Publishing report on April 26, 2011 and didn't receive it until July 6, 2011. Upon opening and reading it I found out that it was a program that I had tried about 10 years ago. Johnathan Pitt advertised this program as You've Never Seen Anything Like This In Your LIfe Time! and he guaranteed every aspect removing any risk. If any of his facts ever prove to not be 100% true, I would be entitled to an immediate 100% refund, forever, no time limits.I sent Johnathan a letter on July 7, asking for a refund of my $39.95. I never heard back from him. So I sent a Certified Letter on July 19, including the Report, and asked for another refund. The letter was delivered on July 23, 2011, at 11:49 am. I never heard from him again. On September 7, I sent another letter and to this day have not had any response or refund from Jognathan Pitt.This company and person is scamming the innocent public of hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Do not order from this company or person. You will never see a refund.I have learned my lesson about ordering with a check. Do Not Use Personal Checks. You can never stop payment after it is cashed. I will only use credit cards from now on so I have a recourse for getting my money back.I hope this information will save someone from falling into this scam like I did.
Entity: Alhambra, California
Aug 11 2015
American Marketing & Publishing HomePages Unfair Company Hiring Practices DeKalb Illinois
Avoid this company.  Requires applicants to memorize 691 word sales presentation verbatim before they will hire you.  Sales presentation is poor english, repetitive and not very good for selling purposes.  You will spend 40 hours trying to memorize this thing and then they will refuse to hire you or allow you to retake the memorization test later on.  You end up wasting 40 hours of your life with nothing to show for it. Company requires 40 contacts per day in the field which is highly unrealistic and wears on your car,  The verbatim sales presentation is very difficult for us older folks and those who may have some mental disabilty. Since the verbatim sales presentation is rarely used in field this is just a discriminatory hiring filter process.  I leaned 90% of this stupid thing and needed another week to get it to 100% and they wouldn't give it to me.  That is 40 hours I will never get back.  Have 30 years of sales experience and never seen something like this before.  My advice is stay away from this company.
Entity: DeKalb, Illinois
Jun 30 2017
Employment Publishing Looks like a scam from this Company Wayne Pennsylvania
This place sent us a bill in the amount of 349.00 and said make check payable to Employment Publishing when we did not even know who they are or nor did we spaeak to them to place an ad. They just sent us a bill and ask us to pay them by check.
Entity: Wayne, Pennsylvania
Feb 18 2009
Pagefree Publishing self publishing company that failed so many authors. Kim And Gary Blagg Internet
pagefreepublishing has caused me so much grief for the past 4 years due to their lack of professionalism. I was told that I would have my work ready in 4 weeks instead it took them over 1 year to complete! when they did finally respond the excuse was that gary had a heartattack or something. I nearly had a nervous breakdown dealing with their incompetence! would get physically sick because of their lack of action. now, I am TRYING to call them to verify an invoice and I just discovered their PHONE AND FAX DISCONNECTED! again, what am I to do when your damn publishing company can not be contacted? this is truly a very sad affair. they put me through so much stress that usually I have to just put my book out of my mind before I lose my mind. SO SAD! JAMES miramar, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Kim And Gary Blagg, Internet
Mar 02 2006
Harris Publishing Company ripoff attempt by Harris Publishing Company foiled They tried but it didn't work. DeLand Florida
I had seen NetDetective before and decided after discovering a registered sex offender lives on my street, to purchase their service to see if I could find out anything further on this guy. I began the purchase process and completed page one. On page two, a form came up that had the US Bank logo on it, and it said Visa Verify. It asked for my bank account number, for my pin number, and some other information that I consider totally nobody's business but mine. I left the website quickly, as I do not give out my personal information to anyone. A day later, I got an email from someone named Michelle and she said she'd noticed I'd attempted to make an order, but that the order didn't go through, and wanted to know if there was a problem. Lucky for me I decided to see what I could find out about this Harris Publishing Company and discovered this wonderful website. Bottom line: buyers beware! NetDetective is a totally unscrupulous business that obviously does everything in it's power to take people's money and run. Dianne Nampa, IdahoU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Harris Digital Publishing CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: DeLand, Florida
Feb 10 2006
National Publishing Company - Gold's Gym ripoff Advertising scam directed at small business owners Opa Locka Florida
Beware small business owners that look for an advertising media that presents itself as cost effective with high volume hits. That is not the case. National Publishing Company will start their scam process with a phone call that a sales representative is in your neighborhood and is selling the last advertisng spot for a plasma TV that will be displayed in the exercise area of a local Gold's Gym. They will mention serveral other businesses in the area that have already signed up and that post cards will be sent listing all of the advertisers together to the surrounding community. How did I get pulled into this impulse decision? Excellent question and shame on me, but the use of the local Gold's Gyms name just a couple of blocks from my business deceived me into thinking it was a legitimate deal. Further to the point of the type of people you would be dealing with, if you were tempted by this program, is that after I had paid my second payment (the first being paid by check on the day of contract) my final payment of $400 was run through MasterCard without my knowledge or permission. Do not let the good name of Gold's Gym entice you into this advertising ripoff. Keep your $1200 in your pocket or apply it to advertising that is fact real. Final note: It is my opinion that Gold's is a victum as well. I believe that National Publishing Company has delivered in some of the Gold's Gyms and that Gold's may not be aware that National Publishing Company is continueing to sell advertising without delivering on their promises. I have found the local franchise owner of Gold's concerned and he has attempted himself to get action out of National Publishing Company without success. Rick Valrico, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Opa Locka, Florida