JUST BRAKES Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: just brakes

There may be more reports for "just brakes"

For more results perform a general search for "just brakes"

Showing 51-75 of 130,389 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "just brakes"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 17 2004
Just Brakes ripoff, liar, verbal abuser, Phoenix Arizona
Droped my car off at 3:15 pm. The manager said it would take a couple of hours. They had someone drive me home (since I lived 5 blocks away) and he said it should be done by 5:30pm and if I don't here from them to call them. 5:30 came so I called the store. He said that my car was almost done and will be on a test drive and will send someone to pick me up in about 1/2 hour. Knowing they closed at 6pm, I called again. This time I was told that they were given the wrong parts and were just doing the car and to give them an hour and half. At this point I said if the car cannot be ready and have me in it by 8:30pm to forget it and give me back my car. He said it will be done by then and will pick me up before then. at 8:30 I called again and asked for my car. He said someone will pick me up in 10 min. 10 min later, I call back and he said that my ride just left (I live 3 min from the place). I wait another 10 min and I call back. He yelled at me for calling so much - said he has to stop work and answer the phone (1- he does NOT work on the cars; 2- Mike was the only one that worked on my car)He hung up on me. I called the local police and asked if they could meet me there, because I could not get my car back. My friend called Just Brakes again, and he yelled at her and said my car only came in at 6:15pm (that would have been 15 min after they closed!) She told him that I had my car there at 3:15. He hung up on her. We both walked over to Just Brakes in the dark as it was now at 9:15pm and saw my car and another on a lift, and another car with it's hood up. Mike and a young man were working on the cars. Mike just finished my car and said he would have his boss come out and test drive my car. I told Mike to test drive my car since he did the work and I was going with him. He test drove the car and when we got back I told my friend to get in the car. I told Mike to tell his boss that he could wait for the payment just like he made me wait for my car. I also said that I will not pay until I have the work that he did checked out to be sure that it was done correctly. I also advised him that I was going to report the place. Anne Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Oct 28 2007
Just Brakes Yes sales are important Dallas Texas
Just wanted to let all these consumers know that yes Just brakes is pushy and they also push their employees to sell un broken brake components. They are a non publicly traded company and the family is mostly involved in running the company. Their sales are over 80 million dollars per year and plans to expand the company continue. My advise to all is take your cars to more professionally trained ASE shops who will give you great work with a better warranty. If you pay 150.00 for brakes front or back it will be better quality. Also, just brakes mandates pushing for a 350.00 per car average on all brake jobs. Also, if you are tired of spending too much , boycott and spread the word, from a former employee...just say no to just brakes! Mustang Monroe, LouisianaU.S.A.
Feb 15 2006
Just Brakes Ripoff Deceptive practices Spring Texas
Always the debate, pay the high cost going-in at a dealer or local shop - - or use these chains, and then hope you can battle them as they try to get back to those same high prices. I called first, and then went in with a common japanese car that was operating with no issues, but I knew it was probably time for brakes. I signed papers that said that if they found no other issues, they were authorized to do the front/back work for $99. On most cars, front/back brakes are not going to wear at the same rate - - so they have that initial tool on a well maintained car where they can first tell you that you only need work on one axle - - and now you are thinking they are honest. Well, they told me that, but also said one axle is $89 (both are $99?). If I still wanted to get the front done, it would not be the $10. No, even though they never said anything to me when I called or when I left my car, front pads for my vehicle were not in stock - - so that would be another $40-$50. For the one axle they first throw out $260 with a bunch of safety BS (remember, I had no noticeable problems), then gauge my resistance. They finally convinced me I needed hardware. So, basically, you go in expecting $99 for two axles, and risk spending $260 for just one axle (I gave-in at $130). If you spend any time in the waiting room, you start thinking you are in a telemarketer's office as you listen to these guys call their customers and try and squeeze extra $'s out of them. You might still end-up paying less here than at a dealer - - but you won't feel good about how they run their business, and will always wonder if you really got what you paid for. Bob Spring, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Spring, Texas
Feb 20 2006
Just Brakes ripoff life threatening Orlando Florida
On Nov. 28 of 2005 I took my 1994 Crown vic to be inspected because brake light was on. The car was left for fluid flush and inspection. Upon returning for my vehicle, i was told no problems found. Service rep Mark; road tested by Tony; work completed by (looks like wallace?)....Total price 43.83Now its Feb. 20 about 3 mos later, finally had a chance to pull the wheels and look for the sound weve been hearing forever...2 worn out rotors on the rear end and NO brakes on the interior sides of the rotors, braking in the rear was being accomplished by the metal that the long gone brake pad was fastened to!!!! I Called the store today and was very irrate and he (Ron...manager??? thats what he told me)....explained that he does all inspections and he wouldnt have let a car go out like that. (Funny his name doesnt appear on my receipt). I told him 3 months is a short time for this kind of damage. He said hes seen bad rotors and brakes in 2 months??? Of course nothing was offered to make things right. By the way when i left the shop after the repair, i made a phone call back to inform them that my brake light was still on....they told me that one of their old tricks is to put black tape over it! Darin orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Feb 13 2006
Just Brakes ripoff Dallas Texas
I took my 2000 Ford explorer to Just brakes for the special of a 99 dollars brake pad and rotor resurface. I called ahead of time and verified the cost. This is the typical bait and switch tactic. I got to the store and the manager said, can you hang around so that we can examine your brakes with you? I said yes and they proceeded to take the wheels off and they brought me out. I examined the brakes and found that the left rear rotor was scarred and the brake was metal to medal. I was taken to the other brakes and they looked like they were only one half used. So, I was taken to the front of the store where the rotors were measured and was told that I would need a new left rear rotor and the four callipers would need to be reconditioned. 1 rotor would cost me 79.99 and the four callipers would be 104.00 each to recondition. I would also need two new rear brake hoses. I would also need to have the system bled and that would be 69.00. So, with the initial brake repair, it would be over 650 dollars! I told him that I just wanted the brakes pads replaced and the remaining 3 rotors resurfaced and then I suddenly had 3 MECHANICS staring at me all telling me how unsafe it would be to neglect the callipers. I told them that I would replace the left rear rotor myself and the reply was that it would cost the same in parts if they did it. I felt as if I was ganged up on. SCARE TACTICS!!! So I called the local (competitor's name deleted - see below) and got prices. The left rear rotor that was quoted at 79.99 was 35.00 at (competitor) - new. The caliper for the left rear that needed to be reconditioned at 104.00 was 34.00 brand new at (competitor). Let me think, reconditioned or brand new? I finally told them that I had mechinic skills and would take care of it myself. (I had been a mechanic for 6 years but was now a doctor and just wanted to pay for the 99.00 for the repair. Patients don't like greasy fingernails touching them). Finnially I had to raise my voice and tell them just to replace the four pads and resurface the 3 rotors. The 4th rotor would be out of spec if they did. Which I understood. When I Got home, I had allready purchased the rotor and the calliper. WHen I got the wheel off, the rotor popped off really easy and I was done with the repair and about 10 minutes. The rear calliper was functioning just fine. I have been driving for about 2 weeks now and all is well. Lesson: 1. Don't ever take your car to Just Brakes 2. Price the repair at your local auto parts store to see if you are getting the best price and don't get suckered for premium brake pads 3. Don't wear scrubbs when you take the car in, it'll make you look a little suseptable. My Fault!! After all was said and done, I spent 99.00 plus tax for the brake repair and 35.00 for the new rotor. 140.00 total. Not bad. Oh, I wore latex gloves and my patients are still happy. :} Good luck James Dallas, TexasU.S.A. sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
56, Report #195917
Jun 11 2006
Just Brakes ripoff Scottsdale Arizona
I went to Just Brakes because I figured if they just did brakes, they should be the experts. They told me that it would only take them two hours to do the repairs on my car, so I decided to wait there. I was very happy to get my brakes put on and head down the road. My worst nightmare happened while driving down the freeway. My car didn't want to break and nearly loosing control, I limped to the nearest exit. Shaken, I called them. I was told that I had to go back to their shop or they would not honor their work. As I was closer to another Just Brakes shop, I slowly drove over there. I was told that the wrong pads and brakes were put on and I had some serious problems now due to their shoddy workmanship. More related problems occured due to the lack of their expertise. I finally decided to take my car to a whole different repair shop altogether. I would not recommend this shop to anyone. Fed - up Scottsdale, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Scottsdale, Arizona
Apr 26 2006
Just Brakes ripoff Dallas Texas
I saw all the Just Brakes complaints. Letting you know how long Just Brakes has been ripping off people with the state of Texas nor anyone else doing anything about it. They got me in the early 90's. They used the call me back every 30 minutes routine, and kept raising the cost saying they found new problems. After the third raise to $350 I said stop and I will pay only that amount. I had to take it somewhere else where I was told Just Brakes scrapped and ruined my rotors in what seemed to be an intentional manner. Just Brakes is organized crime and nobody is willing to stop them. Rob austin, TexasU.S.A.
Feb 22 2006
Just Brakes broke my car! Ripoff!! Tampa Florida
Well i went to just brakes off of dale mabry and I went for a check up on my brakes. Well they said okay, then they went on and they said my brakes were bad and i needed new ones. Okay so i signed up for it which costed 213.99 for all four. Which i was like um.....didnt the ad say 99.99? well back to the story. I got called over (from the manager) whom said well your rotors are some what okay, and your calibers are gone, and we can rebulid them for you, which is cheaper. So i said well whats the final price? well after everything was added up it came to a whooping 588.99. I said hold on, dont do any repairs until i come back. A few hours later i came back then said well i dont want anything done to the car and i want it back. Well this guy name Bow said well your too late since i signed the paper stating i'll get the brakes done. Well i called customer service and reported that im being held against my will. So in ten minutes i got my car back and no charge. Well today i brought it the dealership who took the car and said the only thing need done was the pads nothing else. Also when they took my wheels off 3 Wheel studs BROKE OFF!!! just think if i was driving and they broke?! it could have KILLED ME!!! so becarefull!! dont trust these guys! Berto tampa, FloridaU.S.A.
Feb 22 2006
JUST BRAKES ripoff Litha Springs Georgia
I went to Just Brakes to get the Special $99.88 deal. I knew I just need new brake pads, what I got was a call from Just Brakes stating that my breaks was in serious trouble. I needed everything BUT brake pads. The attendant NOT the inspector gave me a list of things wrong with my brakes, I was assured that I will only need to pay the $99.88 deal from a guy named John on the phone the night before I took my car in. I made an appointment for 11:30 am. The car was not inspected until 3:00pm that afternoon, and it was a very quick inspection, I doubt if anyone looked at the car. However, the attendant told me the cost to repair my car was $914.00. I told them just to put the brake pads on, for the quoted price of $99.88. The attendant NOT the inspector called me back and said the inspector would not repair my car because he wanted to put a new roater on it. I know for sure my car just needed brake pads, not everything they wanted me to have. I am just angry that they can get away with this thing. Well I am saying a word against them. I am a single mom and I can not afford to be rip off by some company like this. You would think they would have your business if they did want they advertised to do, and maybe offer some suggestions for other repaires, but NO they have to rip you off right from the beginning. I am VERY UPSET, they could be doing this to a lot of women and senior citizens, who do not know any better. Abigail jacksonville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Litha Springs, Georgia
Feb 08 2006
Just Brakes ripoff Dallas Texas
There are so many horror stories and I am shocked that no one warned me about Just Brakes. They are basically a legal scam out to only get your money. Why can't anyone just sue them for all they are worth or bring them down one way or another? I feel silly telling my story because it all has already been said and done and obviously there is nothing we can do about this. The only thing we can do is warn everyone and anyone. Michelle Dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Dec 24 2004
Just Brakes RipOff on Brake Repairs Phoenix Arizona
I took my vehicle to Just Brakes on 43rd Ave. & Bell Rd on 12-22-2004. They said I needed to replace or refurbish my front two calipers along with get new brake pads. The initial coast was going to be $479.00. I told them to just do the brakes for $99.98 as advertised. After about an hour passes the manager asked if they if they lowered the price to $200.00 would I want them to do the calipers. I still refused the additional service. I get my car back about 2 hours later. The very next day I am driving down the road when I hear this loud pop when I applied the brakes. I pull off the road to check it out, and foud nothing out of the ordinary. I get back in the car and begin driving. As soon as I applied the brakes I hear some more popping noise and grinding. I immediately took my vehicle back to Just Brakes the following day (12-24-2004). They tried to tell me that the calipers they advised me to fix caused the brake pad to break. I told them that they said it was the front calipers that they wanted me to replace/refurbish not the rear calipers. (The brake pad that broke was located on the passenger side rear). They tried saying that they advised me to replace/refurbish all calipers but he front two desperately needed to be replaced/refurbishd. I told them that is impossible. I have been driving this car for about one year and I have had nothing wrong with the brakes. I found it very hard to believe that by replacing the brake pads it would cause several damage to the calipers in which case causing the brake pad to break in less then one day. I told them to fix the brake pad that broke since it is under warranty and give the car back to me. I also told them I was going to file a report with their headquarters. (which I did) As soon as I told the salesman that, his manager called me back immediately asking if there was a problem. I was in shock by the question. I told him that it is highly unlikely that I would have any issues with my calipers and do not see the need for the additional work. I advised him that I didn't want to talk to him, all I wanted was his name and store number. He seemed a little in shock when I pretty much ended the call. I think he was more in shock when I didn't try to argue with him, I simply advised him to have my car ready and that I am filing a complaint. I got my car back after taking them near 3 hours to put one brake pad on??? The brakes seemed to work amazingly better then when I got the car back on Wednesday night (12-22-2004). Shockingly enough the emergency brake was even stiff like it was brand new, unlike it was on Wednesday. I ended up taking the vehicle to Brake Masters to have them inspect the brakes. They said that they looked good and the calipers DEFINITELY ARE releasing like they should and there is no needed to replace/refurbish them. The employee at Brakes Masters showed me the wheel and how easily he could spin it. He said if the caliper wasn't releasing proper and constantly touching it would be near impossible for a human to spin the wheel so freely. All in all Just Brakes is pretty much a rip off company that wants to try and sell you everything you don't need. I almost felt like I was buying a car they way they were hassling me and trying to bargin the price. Justin Glendale, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
62, Report #152010
Aug 01 2005
Just Brakes ripoff Canton Georgia
I'm a firefighter and my time to work on my own cars is limited, so when my wife's 2002 S10 blazer needed brakes I called around town. The best deal going appeared to be the friction reline at Just Brakes. We carried the car there one morning and decided to get breakfast during the repair. While the technicians were inspecting the brakes, I stayed around just to make sure no unauthorized work was being performed. I've worked on cars since I was in my early teens and had a clue what needed to be done. Since the pedal had a slight pulsation I knew the rotors needed to be turned and I had no way at home to do this, which meant a couple of trips into town taking up a good portion of my day. Anyway, the tech took me into the shop to walk me around our vehicle and began explaining the parts that needed replacing or rebuilding. Of course the pads were worn out (I knew that, that's why I brought it in) the rotors were worn too much to re-surface and needed replacing, brake hardware, and he was going to do me a favor and rebuild the calipers instead of replacing them to save me money. I didn't even let the man finish. How did the rotors become so worn down I asked. He said whoever did your brake job before cut them down too much and they are under spec. You'll have to take that up with GM, I've NEVER had brakes put on this car before was my reply. 60,000 miles and the calipers were worn out? (me). Happens all the time (him) Nice try, nice guy, but a liar none the less. Also turns out that if you don't let them do all the work they try to sell you their warranty is WORTHLESS. What did my car need? Pads front and rear ($70.00 at Auto Zone,) rotors turned ( by a reputable shop) and a little grease on the brake pins. Total cost ...less than a hundred bucks. And a little time for me to do the work. JUST BRAKES...... JUST CROOKS!Also , all the parts stores in town know about these folks. RUN AWAY!!!! steve ball ground, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Canton, Georgia
Apr 24 2008
Just Brakes Bait and Switch Mckinney Texas
2001 Merc Cougar. 87k I took my car in to get new breaks. Joel (or Joey) told me it would be $170 for breaks and $40 for a break fluid flush (which I confirmed with another mechanic prior I should get). I argued about the $99.88. He said they don't carry my pads in stock so it costs more. I asked him the price breakdown of the 99.88 deal and he said they charge $49.88 for parts and $50 for labor on the $99.88 deal. I said then they must be charging me $120 for pads, or $30 each which I said is too high. He said they get it from a book. He also said they automatically add in like $20 when all the sudden it doesnt fall into the $99.88 category because they now have to look up the part and get it ordered and such. $25 for each pad is twice the price I can get them for at autozone. I guess I made him feel bad enough about the price, he called me back and told me they would take off the $40 for the break fluid flush. Sean Frisco, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Mckinney, Texas
Aug 27 2002
Just Brakes ripoff victimized many consumers Memphis Tennessee
Just Brakes does it again!!!! I fell into the trap with my '99 Buick Century. First I had the 99$ job done which went ok until I had to return because of an awefull clicking noise was heard from my front left brakes (going in reverse mostly and on bumps). The second visit I learn the first guys didn't put on the essential SHIM KIT or clips to hold the pad secure in the calipers. Shouldn't that just be a NO-BRAINER???? In addition to the 30 dollar shim kit they found that my rear wheel cylinders were leaking, the return springs needed replaced, new rotors needed put on because they were no longer in their bogus specs for thickness. This was just 3 weeks after my first visit in which a different location (but still Just Brakes) didn't see any of these things needed done. Is it possible my cylinders were actually leaking??? I'll never know. I told the guy I could in no way afford to get new rotors. In my opinion when I looked at them they were fine, no warping, no deep grooves, or hot spots. And you mean to tell me that rotors on a '99 have already warn down to below spec. NO WAY. I should have gone to dealer. This is the kicker and story that assures me that they're a scam. While I was in the second visit, a man was also in the shop with a '99 Dodge Caravan. I overheard them feeding him a line that he needed new rotors, new cylinders, pads, the whole deal... over 700$ worth of stuff. ON A '99??? I know Dodge makes better equipment than that. My parents own a '91 Caravan with 270,000 miles on it. NEVER had anything gone wrong that extreme with the brake system. I also know a guy that had over a 1000$ worth of brake repairs done by Just Brakes on a Jeep. WELL, the list could go on and on. PLEASE do not get trapped, be assurtive and tell them you want only your pads done and get a second opinion before they tear down your entire quality factory brake system and put on cheap parts in their place. I'm surprised JUST BRAKES IS STILL IN BUSINESS. Theresa Memphis, Tennessee
Entity: Memphis, Tennessee
Jun 22 2004
Just Brakes attempted ripoff Clearwater Florida
Just Brakes is being investigated for ripping off customers. My report is same song, next verse. I had a grinding noise coming from my front disc brakes. Just Brakes told me it would be $100 and take 2 hours. They called me in an hour and said it would cost $550 and gave me a long list of things that needed replacement. I told them to put it back together and I would pick it up. When I went back my brake system was scattered and it took some harsh words and 2 more hours to get my car back. Got the usual, not safe to drive, etc routine. Took the car to Pep Boys and they repaired brakes for $130. Richard Clearwater, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Clearwater, Florida
Jul 08 2004
JUST BRAKES ripoff PORT RICHEY Florida
Went in for a $99.00 brake job and walked away in excess of $500.00. I had no idea that this was a class action complaint until I heard that there were other dissatisfied customers. Lewis l. HUDSON, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: PORT RICHEY, Florida
Oct 06 2008
Just Brakes 99.88? Stockbridge Georgia
I went to just brakes because my truck has 50,000 miles on it. And i knew it was time. I do mechanic work my self but for 99.88 it was a good deal, the pads and shoes alone would cost 80.00 dollars.So i go in at 7 o'clock on 10/4/08 they take my truck back for 40 minutes or so and come back in and say well let me show you whats the problem. Now keep in mind my truck has only 50,000 miles on it and the only problem i've had is a little vibration at high speed stops and miner squeaking. I walk back there and the safety expert says my rotors are just in limits, pads & shoes are gone, front hardware is worn out, rear brake cylinders are shot and i need to have my fluid changed it is the reason all this has worn out. He then shows me this will all cost $400. I agreed that my rotors need to be turned and that my pads were worn some what but ever thing else seemed to be fine. So i told him to just do the 99.88 deal and thats it. He then gets rude and says i don't know what i'm talking about and they do this every day. I then got pissed and told them to do as i said and thats it. So I get my truck out start driving and notice that my brakes seem weak. I go home and check the adjustment on the rear brakes and they were all the way out. They were hardly grabbing at all. So i adjust them and the truck stops fine, good firm brakes. I guess they wanted my front brakes to wear out so i would come back. Not a chance in Hell.. Jason mcdonough, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Stockbridge, Georgia
Aug 28 2008
Just Brakes Another Rip-Off!! Tampa Florida
Brought my car into JB because of course the phrase we really do care slogan was catchy and it was close to my job. I too of course thought the $99 brake job was a good deal considered I called other places that were more expensive. I told them NOT to work on anything and to call me to see how much it was going to be. They called back telling me I needed all these parts for my breaks... the bill came out to be over $700!!! I wasn't going to be rude about it, but I kindly told them I didn't have that kind of money and I might have it by next week and not to work on my car until then. This of course was just a ploy so they would think I was coming back. Then of course they tried asking me if they could just fix some of it for it be drivable, but I refused. Well this is the cathcer!! No only are they rip-offs but they rigged my breaks and made them worse to where I could hardley drive it home!!! The first red light I came to I thought I was going to crash into the car next to me because they were that bad!! My breaks might have been squeaky when I brought it there, but they were definately tight!! I went to a friends friend and they told me half of the thingd JB was trying to charge me for was practly new! I walked out of the other shop with a $250 bill instead! Nice try JB!!! Guess they thought a girl with a family van was pretty vulnerable... NOT!!! Michelle Land O Lakes, FloridaU.S.A.
Aug 28 2008
Just Brakes Another Rip-Off!! Tampa Florida
Aug 22 2000
Just Brakes, does it again!
I have had my car for two years and had not done any maintenance on the brakes since I had not had a problem, but it had been two years. I had the friction reline done at Just Brakes at the end of June 2000. Of course they didn't stock my front break pads and it would be extra to have the rotors machined because my car had a dificult housing to remove the rotors. I passed on the rotors and the rear pads since they still over 70% left. They also suggested (in writing, not verbally) that I also have my front calipers and brake hardware reconditioned. Sound familiar Just Brakes victims? Within a week the front breaks were grinding badly, but due to a couple of personal trips and business trips I was only able to take it in yesterday 8/21/00. The call came that afternoon that I needed all of the extra work quoted at $250, which included new brake pads, because the ones thay put on were hardened and crystalized after 2 months and 2000 miles. Knowing about this site and the Dateline report, I told them to put the car back together and I would come talk to them. I immediately called an Acura mechanic and he said that in 10 years he had only reconditioned 3 sets of calipers. I then called another Acura dealer's parts department and asked them what the part number was for my brakes. It wasn't even close to the part number they had originally put on...after market crap! I asked the parts department what they thought about the calipers. They said that the calipers should operate normally for 8-10 years, yet Just Brakes told me that the calipers were faulty on a 5 year old car! I called a Honda parts department and he said that they don't even stock caliper reconditioning kits at their shop it is so rare! I picked up my car and told the manager that I had talked to a mechanic and two parts departments. He said that of course they were going to say that, because they wanted me to buy a new car. I told him that didn't hold water, because if I had problems with one brand that I wouldn't buy it again. The manager was also trying to sell another customer the same extra services on a 2 year old Infiniti! He said that if I wanted to buy the Acura brake pads, he would put them on for free. I called my regular garage and talked to the service manager. He said that in some cases, Just Brakes knowingly and unknowingly damages parts to get the extra work and money on your bill. He said that he has fixed numerous cars after they were worked on by Just Brakes. I took my car in the next day to get the new pads put on. I was treated rather coldly probably because I ruined their sale from the previous day. When they were finished I asked for the pads they just took off and what part number, what brand, and what store they bought them from. In a rather irritated tone, he told me that he didn't know, that he buys them wholesale. I immediately took my car to my local garage and had them look at it. They said that everything seemed okay and I asked them to explain why the calipers would need replacing. So far I had talked to 6 people outside of Just Brakes, dealers and mechanics and all 6 said that the calipers didn't need reconditioning. When I got back to work I called the Just Brakes customer hotline to get my money back for the faulty brake pads that were put on my car that were basically useless after 2000 miles. He told me that he would look into it. I asked him if it was woth it to save his company $30 dollars for me to tell EVERYONE I knew that I had a horrible experience. He said that he was still giong to find out if the pads were bad even after I told him that they were useless. I wasn't asking for a full refund, just the money back for the bad brake pads. So, I realize that I was not financially out as much as the other victims, but still with plenty of evidence, they stuck to their BULL**** story. Towing the company line! I was born at night Just Brakes, not last night!
Feb 04 2002
Just Brakes or Brake Terrorists Memphis Tennessee ripoff
I guess I'm a slow learner. I had to get ripped off twice before I figured out this apparent scam. In away it is just another version of the bait and switch. $99.88 sounds good, but I wonder how many people leave without at least a $450.00 bill. The first time I used just brakes they worked on my 96 Jeep Cherokee Classic. I took them at their word when they sold me new master cylinder for $225 and rebuilt power booster for $320.00. The total cost was $584.46 including shop supplies and brake fluid. The next time I took in my company vehicle, a 96 Chevy G-20 van.$832.00 later(they replaced or worked on anything that they could)I started to wonder. They kept saying if I don't get this fixed, they will not be liable for what can happen and how serious these needed repairs are. The other day I took my Jeep back for some minor problems for which they tryed to sell me Front coil reconditioning,front pistons, wheel cylinders,and springs for a total of $487.99 plus tax. They had also told me that the rear brakes had crystalized and the front brakes were doing all the work. I was suspicious so I got a second opinion. To my relief, I was informed that everything was fine with my brakes and no service was required at this time. Just Brakes may do a good job on repairs, but unnessessary repairs gives a bad name to anyone in the service business.
Entity: Memphis, Tennessee
Jun 24 2002
Just Brakes ripoff Lithia Springs Georgia
This is my e-mail to Just Brakes today Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 9:28 AM To: 'custserv@justbrakes.com' Subject: Displeased Customer I am writing to say that I am very displeased with my experience allowing Just Brakes at Bankhead Hwy in Lithia Springs, GA., do my what should be a $99 brake job. I have a two year old Honda Civic that has only 35k miles on it (still under warranty) and the brakes just had started to squeak every now and then and had just a little give or play in the front. Normally, I go to the dealer. Since you guarantee your brake job 50k miles and do front and back for $99, I thought why not. An hour after signing the form and dropping the car off, the guy Chris calls me to tell me all these parts (everything in the brake system) needed replacing because they were rusted, worn, bad parts, and that the total cost would be $527.00. Told him then just don't do any work and I would take to the dealer and they could replace all those parts that wore prematurely and if they didn't need replacing then I would be calling or writing the home office because they told me I needed things that I didn't. He started stuttering then and saying that the dealer does not always fix things if they aren't broken. Okay, then why is this guy Chris telling me I need all these things replaced. He says it's suggested. Also, he called me back to say his boss says they already started the brake job and was going to at least do the $99 job I signed for. Okay, fine. He is right I did sign for that but I wished I hadn't. It is very uncomfortable knowing that these folks are working on my car and trying to tell me every component in my brake system needs replacing. Come on now, it may be possible but there is a one in a million chance. Maybe one or two things out of all but I don't even buy that. Please be assured the dealer will check my car out this week and if I have been told anything less than the truth, you will be buying this brake job or I plan to take this to Clarke Howard a nationally known news radio and tv, consumer report investigator who gets on the air with this stuff. Not only that, the Honda dealer told me they get several calls a week from people who have taken their cars to Just Brakes to be told the work will be some high dollar amount like $1,000.00 and that many things need replacing and they to have fairly new cars like me. I bought Honda for reliability and low maintenance. If for some reason all these things are worn out before 36k miles, then maybe Honda and I need to do some talking. Please know, I maybe a female but not short on brains at all. Chris wrote all over my ticket that I declined suggested repairs and that brakes may wear out prematurely. First of all, this sounds like your way of not wanting to guarantee the brake job 50k miles. You see, I wondered why if my brakes started to wear (factory pads at that) around 35k miles then how could you guarantee a break job 50k miles. I guess if I did replace every part in the brake system maybe it would last 50k miles and if it didn't then you made so much money off me to start with then why not throw some new pads and shoes on there in 35k more miles and let's do this again. Please, I am highly displeased with your advertisement and claimers to warranty. To many business want to get people in the door not many want to keep them coming back. I plan to do some homework here and find out all I can about your company, the brake job and suggested repairs to my car, and whatever I can. This will not go away with me. Total cost tax and all $108. By the way, I was told if I brought my car in around 7-7:30, would have back by noon, it was more like 2:30pm. Thanks, Alisha Re: date of visit 6/22/02 Alisha Douglasville, Georgia Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Just Brakes
Entity: Nationwide
Jun 24 2002
Just Brakes is a consumer fraud ripoff. Dallas, Texas
MY JOURNEY BEGINS ON A SATURDAY MORNING I TOOK MY 1999 SATURN JUST LIKE IT SAYS JUST BRAKES, I TOLD THE MANAGER THIS IS A FAIRLY NEW CAR SO I JUST WANT A BRAKE JOB DONE ON MY CAR, HE SAID SURE IT WILL BE AROUND 5:00PM BEFORE YOU CAN PICK IT UP, HM? SO HAD TO CATCH A RIDE. I GET A CALL AROUND 2:00PM THIS GUY NAME ISSAC ADVISES ME THAT I NEED 700.00 WORTH OF WORK DONE ON MY CAR. I TOLD HIM ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? I ASKED HIM WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CAR. FIRST HE SAID THAT THE BACK BRAKES WERE LEAKING BADLY AND THIS WAS A GET THIS STATE REGULATION THAT I WAS BREAKING. SO I ASKED HIM IF MY BRAKES WERE LEAKING SO BAD, WHY HAS IT BEEN LEAKING ALL OVER MY DRIVEWAY? HIS ANSWER WAS WELL WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING FAST THE OIL LEAKS THEN OF COURSE AND AS YOU ARE DRIVING IT GETS ON THE BRAKE PAD. SO YOU NEVER SEE IT? HE ALSO SAID THAT I NEEDED A SHIM KIT HELL JUST TO REPLACE EVERYTHING. I TOLD HIM NO JUST DO THE BRAKES THEN HE TOLD ME I WAS ENDANGERING MYSELF AND MY FAMILY. I TOLD HIM I KNOW MY CAR I HAVE HAD ENOUGH BAD CLUCKERS IN MY TIME SO I DO KNOW IT DOESN'T NEED ALL THAT WORK. AFTER I GOT OFF THE PHONE I WENT TO JUST BRAKES PAID THEM $96.00 AND THEY TOOK ALMOST 2 HOURS STILL TO GET THE BRAKES DONE. I DECIDED TO CALL THE DEALERSHIP AT SATURN AND HOPED THAT I COULD COME IN AFTER THIS BAD EXPERIENCE WITH JUST BRAKES THEY SAID YES, COME IN AT 4:00PM THE MANAGER WAS LISTENING SO OF COURSE THEY TOOK THERE TIME IN GETTING MY CAR DONE. FINALLY AFTER ALMOST THE TIME I NEEDED TO GET TO SATURN MY CAR WAS READY. THE GUY THAT DROVE MY CAR TO ME, HAD THE NERVE TO ASK ME TO BRING THE CAR IN TO DO THE BACK BRAKES. JUST BRAKES TAKES ADVANTAGE OF WOMAN. I WENT TO SATURN TOLD THEM AND SHOWED THEM THE RECIPT THAT JUST BRAKES HAD GIVEN ME, THEY WERE LAUGHING AND SAID LET US LOOK AND SEE IF YOU REALLY NEED ALL THIS WORK, OF COURSE I WAITED. THE SATURN MANAGER CAME AND ADVISED ME THAT THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CAR IT DIDN'T NEED ANY WORK LIKE JUST BRAKES HAD SAID IT NEEDED, ALSO SATURN WASHED MY CAR FOR ME, BECAUSE THE A-HOLES AT JUST BRAKES LEFT OILY FINGERS PRINT ALL OVER MY CAR AND INSIDE OF MY CAR OIL STAINS. ALSO THE DEALERSHIP SAID THAT JUST BRAKES DIDN'T FINISH THE JOB SATURN DID FINISH THERE JOB FOR THEM. I ASKED SATURN HOW MUCH DO I OWE FOR THIS? THERE ANSWER TO ME WAS NOTHING NOT ONE PENNY. I WAS SO HAPPY. I WILL NEVER GO TO A JUST BRAKES EVER AGAIN AND I HAVE STARTED TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS ABOUT THIS AND EVEN PEOPLE I DO NOT KNOW DON'T GO THERE. I DO END ON A GOOD NOTE I HAVE REPORTED THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS. AND I AM ALSO GOING TO CALL THE LOCAL NEWS STATION ABOUT THIS. THIS IS NOT RIGHT, I KNOW IF ANYBODY OUT THERE IS LIKE ME I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY. Laura Dallas, Texas Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Just Brakes STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, its paid for!
Apr 04 2002
Just Brakes consumer fraud ripoff Addison Texas
About a month ago I went to your store #32 and had my 84 Z looked at. This guy who I thought was the manager broke my brakes down and told me that my calipers were shot and I needed new rotors. The total bill came up to be around $800. Now, I have the Nissan dealers manual for my car. Half of the bull he was feeding me I did not need. The only reason I brought it in was because it was cold that week. I waited till it warmed up a little bit changed and bleed the the brakes myself. Come to find out my emergency brake was too tight. But, of course the brake Specialist did not tell me that. This is the main reason I will help who ever needs it to avoid dealing with people like this. Ray Dallas, Texas
Entity: Addison, Texas
Jan 23 2002
Just Brakes rip-off Roswell Georgia
Hello I took my 1997 Acura 2.2CL on 1/18/2002 to the Just brakes, Roswell; store #308. I left the car and the guy there said he would call me with details on what work has to be done. He called me in an hour and told me the following: - Brake pads need to be replaced on all four wheels and he would use Honda brake pads. - Calipers need to be rebuilt on all four wheels. - Shims need to be replaced - Hardware needs to be replaced. Do not what hardware he meant. And mentioned that the charge would be $640! Mind you, this car only has 55K miles and I am not a rough driver. I told him I do not want the work done and I would come take my car back. But, he said I've already started work on the car. He had earlier mentioned that he would call me first, give me a quote and then start work. I still continued to refuse. Then he offered he could work on the car in phases. He offered to rebuild just the rear wheel calipers and replace all brake pads for $420. Since, he was persistent and kept saying he had started the work, I had to say ok. The brakes were fixed and he presented me with a bill of $420 showing me the break down. On 1/23/2002, I took my car to the Honda dealer to get it checked up as I suspected this guy. The dealer says - Rear calipers were not touched, let alone being rebuilt. - None of the calipers need any work. And he was telling the front and rear ones need work. - The brake pads were replaced but were not honda pads. I was basically ripped of for $420 when it shouldn't have cost less than that. The person helping me on the day was Saul. I wish I had come across this web site before going there. Regards HS Click here to see other Rip-off Reports on Just Brakes
Entity: Roswell, Georgia