KRISTOPHER HUNT Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: kristopher hunt

There may be more reports for "kristopher hunt"

For more results perform a general search for "kristopher hunt"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 12 2009
Hunt Real Estate - Jim Scheerens Hunt Real Estate - Hunt Realtors Buyers Agents Realtor Jim Scheerens Rochester New York
I was the unfortunate victim of a seller that had to recently work out a transaction with one of the real estate agents at Hunt Real Estate. His name was Jim Scheerens. I listed my home, late last September and in early October Jim presented us with buyers. The buyers were presented as being pre-approved and ready to move in as early as the beginning of December. Late December rolled around and we were informed that the buyers side of things never scheduled any of the appropriate inspections/appraisals/etc that I would expect the realtor to at least guide the buyers into completing. For the record the appraisals had been done but we later learned in early January that the buyers switched mortgage companies to get a lower rate. All the while we are passed our closing and I am incurring a daily charge based on the fact that I have not closed on my new build. January 1 came and left as I previously mentioned and we incurred another $1300 mortgage payment on the old house. January 5 came and went and we incurred a rate lock charge. Amidst my frustration, I was informed that the buying team would be picking up my carrying costs. January 16 arrived and the Hunt Real Estate team was finally able to close, and I was given a credit for just the rate lock charge, not my mortgage or late closing fees. Nearly two months after the closing I get notified from my attorney that Jim Scheerens is attempting to collect for payment on a warranty that wasn't included in closing costs. As far as I was concerned, we closed, if the Hunt Real Estate team forgot something in closing that was agreed upon previously in an agreement, then that should be a loss to the Hunt Real Estate team. The Hunt Real Estate team did not adhere to any part of that initial agreement at all until now when they wanted to collect more money. We were lied to about having a pre-approved buyer, we were tricked into them switching lenders, the closing date was missed by a month, and Jim Scheerens made a verbal agreement that the buyers would be covering closing costs, which was simply a lie as we were about to find them in breech and switch buyers. This is a modified version of a complaint I had made to the company which went unanswered for two months until I finally created a Better Business Bureau report and copied in their president and CEO on the issue, Peter Hunt. They then created a formal document response which did nothing more than defend their position, try and blame others for their faults, and deny responsibility in the matter. With that said all I hope to get is a few readers of this article to spread the word to use any other company rather than Hunt Real Estate for their home buying and selling needs and to stay far away from buyers or sellers being represented by Jim Scheerens. Jeremy Webster, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Rochester, New York
Jan 23 2006
JB Hunt Transport ripoff, blackballing and problems Lowell Arkansas
I was employed as a professional driver for JB Hunt Transport, Inc., Lowell, AR. JB Hunt terminated my employment in mid-2005 for a company policy violation. The particular JB Hunt company policy I was accused of violating is related to public motorist complaints. JB Hunt maintains semi-trailers that have an 800 telephone number imprinted on the rear doors of their semi-trailers. Public motorists routinely use this 800 number to call JB Hunt corporate safety personnel to complain about the driving habits of JB Hunt CMV drivers. It is a JB Hunt company policy that CMV drivers that receive five public motorist complaints in a 12-month period have their employment terminated. However, JB Hunt does not officially notify or document to CMV drivers this particular company policy at company sponsored driver orientation (or, apparently, until the CMV driver has accumulated four public motorist complaints). In addition, the JB Hunt Driver Manual issued to new drivers during company sponsored driver orientation, likewise, does not mention their public motorist complaint termination policy. On the other hand, JB Hunt notifies and trains their management personnel regarding the public motorist complaint policy during their company sponsored job orientation (according to communications from Ms. Susan Dietz, Director of Compliance for JB Hunt). On May 18, 2005, JB Hunt invoked this undocumented and unwritten public motorist complaint company policy and terminated my 9-month long employment as a professional CMV driver. The JB Hunt company policy regarding public motorist complaints is also disparately applied to their CMV driver employees. Some JB Hunt CMV drivers are never disciplined or terminated regarding the policy. Other JB Hunt CMV drivers are notified that they have received five public motorist complaints but are not terminated. Last, some JB Hunt CMV drivers are terminated after receiving five public motorist complaints in a 12-month period. It is my personal belief that JB Hunt uses this undocumented and unwritten company policy to discriminate against and to sanction CMV drivers that complain to management or refuse to drive a CMV due to driver pay issues, low weekly mile load assignments, excessive unpaid loading/unloading wait times, general load conditions, delivery schedules and general CMV safety and equipment deficiency issues. In my case, two specific CMV safety and equipment related complaints to JB Hunt corporate personnel proceeded my termination. These events are summarized below. 1) In the first case, during early February 2005, my JB Hunt fleet manager ordered that I drive a fully loaded (in excess of 40,000 pounds) JB Hunt CMV semi-trailer unit for 700 miles in mountainous terrain that lacked a rear mud flap and was deficient regarding the required annual Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) semi-trailer safety and equipment inspection (the trailer inspection documentation present on the trailer at the time showed that no required annual inspection had been conducted on the trailer unit for the past two-and-one-half years). Clearly, the operation of a CMV in such a condition would have violated FMCSA safety and equipment regulations, however, the operation of such a CMV would have also violated numerous state and local motor vehicle laws, regulations, rules and/or ordinances (the ordered trip involved transporting the semi-trailer within four state jurisdictions and numerous local jurisdictions). Subsequent to this refusal-to-drive event, I met with JB Hunt corporate safety and operation managers in Lowell, Arkansas during early March 2005. During the meeting, I provided these supervisors with photographic evidence of the on-board-computer messages between me and my fleet manager regarding my refusal-to-drive a CMV during early February 2005. These photographs indicated direct evidence that the fleet manager had ordered that I drive a CMV illegally, unsafely and contrary to JB Hunt company policy. The photographs also provided evidence that I had refused the order to drive the CMV without the proper repairs and required trailer inspection being completed. During the meeting, I also suggested that JB Hunt safety and operations management personnel further investigate the matter to discover the reason or reasons why this particular fleet manager would give me such an unwise and illegal directive. In addition, I suggested that JB Hunt conduct an internal audit of on-board-computer messages to determine if other company employees had given or were giving similar unwise, unsafe and illegal directives to other JB Hunt CMV drivers. Finally, I suggested that JB Hunt further train their management personnel in the FMCSA CMV operating regulations and the pertinent state and local laws, regulations, rules and ordinances regarding the correct and safe operation of CMVs. Apparently, JB Hunt safety and operations supervisory personnel took no remediative abatement actions (that I am aware of) to discipline or to investigate the coercive behavior of the particular fleet manager who directed me or to audit the internal on-board-computer records to discern whether such coercive and illegal behavior was more widespread within the JB Hunt corporation. 2) In the case of my second safety complaint to JB Hunt company officials, I refused a JB Hunt night dispatcher's order to drive a CMV because my operation of the CMV would have violated the CMV driver FMCSA hours-of-service regulations (specifically the 14-hour maximum on-dutyrule). This event occurred during early May 2005. I subsequently notified the particular JB Hunt night dispatcher and corporate safety and operations personnel regarding the night dispatcher's coercive and illegal order that I drive a CMV in violation of the FMCSA hours-of-service regulations. One week after the second complaint, my employment with JB Hunt was terminated by virtue of a company policy violation (A fifth anonymous public motorist complaint. Apparently, it is JB Hunt unwritten and undocumented company policy to accept anonymous public motorist complaints regarding their public motorist complaint employee termination company policy.). Subsequent to my termination, JB Hunt reported details of my employment history with JB Hunt to US Investigation Services, Inc. (USIS) of Tulsa, Oklahoma. USIS keeps a variety of information regarding CMV drivers, including: employment history information, commercial driver's license histories, motor vehicle records, social security number, driver's license number, sex of CMV driver, alcohol and drug test results, home address, etc. These compiled USIS records are generally referred to as a CMV driver's DAC report. USIS accumulates information in DAC reports on transportation industry employees and then sells and distributes the information to interested parties. A CMV driver's DAC report is also overwhelmingly used by the transportation industry businesses to track the employment history and verify the past employment of CMV drivers for pre-screen employment purposes. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) considers USIS to be a consumer reporting agency, therefore, USIS and CMV carriers that use DAC reports are jointly bound by the terms and conditions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA [15 U.S.C. 1681 et. seq.]) and other consumer related Federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and ordinances. The FCRA requires that consumer reporting agencies and those who furnish information for employment purposes gain a consumer's written authorization before they cause a consumer report to be procured and distributed to others (15 U.S.C. 1681 [b]). However, for trucking industry employees and trucking industry job applicants this consumer authorization standard is less strict and consumer report procurement authorization can be given verbally by the trucking industry employees or job applicants. USIS and JB Hunt did not have my verbal or written authority to furnish and/or accumulate consumer information that caused USIS to produce a DAC report for procurement by others regarding my past employment with JB Hunt. After my termination by JB Hunt, in May 2005, I applied for employment as a CMV driver with Landaire Transport, Inc. of Greenville, Tennessee and also with Heartland Express, Inc. of Coralville, Iowa. Both of these potential employers accessed my USIS DAC report for pre-employment screening purposes. Both these potential employers turned down my application for employment. According to my telephone conversations with both companies' driver recruiters, my application for employment was turned down based on an adverse employment reference by JB Hunt contained in the work record section of my USIS prepared DAC report. Subsequently, I formally requested that USIS provide me a copy of my DAC report. When I received a copy of my DAC report from USIS, I found that the report was inaccurate, unfair and untruthful regarding my JB Hunt work record. Specifically, JB Hunt characterized my 9-month work record with their company to be a company policy violation (no other explaining entry). Realistically, a undocumented and unwritten company policy violation may have been the reason for my termination, but my work record with JB Hunt was satisfactory regarding my employment history. In fact, JB Hunt's own company document prepared at the time of my termination indicated that I was never late on a load call, was never late to a pickup or delivery appointment, was never written up for a service failure, never left a load pending without notifying JB Hunt management, never missed submitting USDOT required driver logs, never made cargo claim due to damage, never had a moving traffic violation, never had a motor vehicle accident, never made a non-designated fuel stop and/or did I ever have a mechanical failure of JB Hunt CMV equipment that was caused by my failure or neglect to properly inspect, repair or maintain their CMV equipment. After receiving a copy of my DAC report from USIS, I contacted both JB Hunt and USIS regarding the adverse DAC driver work record entry. I formally requested that JB Hunt and USIS change the work record portion of my DAC report to accurately and fairly reflect my satisfactory work record concerning my employment with JB Hunt. Both companies resisted, refused and negated my repeated attempts to have my JB Hunt employment history information changed. I consider the work record information JB Hunt submitted to Employers Unity to be an adverse and negative entry that raises doubts in potential employer's minds because it indicates generally that I did something substantial wrong related to my actual work related activities at JB Hunt. In fact, the work record entry made by JB Hunt in my USIS DAC report is implicitly ambiguous, inaccurate and unfair since company policies vary from company to company and a violation of a company policy at one employer may be not be a company policy violation at another employer. Last, derogatory word record information and similar language USIS allows CMV employers to enter into a transportation industry employee's DAC report history is often times so adverse, negative, unfavorable and pervasive that it has become the subject of an on-going current class action lawsuit involving USIS (Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association, Inc., et. al. v. USIS Commercial Services, Inc., Class Action No. 04-RB-1384, U.S. District Court, Colorado, September 2004). This class action lawsuit involves allegations that USIS DAC data is often times unfair, inaccurate and a form of coded language that is used to blackball or blacklist professional CMV drivers within the transportation services employer community. Since I could not find work as a professional driver by virtue of the adverse JB Hunt work record entry contained in my USIS DAC report, I applied for unemployment benefits through the North Carolina Employment Security Commission (NCESC) in June 2005. Shortly after my application for unemployment benefits, the NCESC sent JB Hunt a notice of the unemployment claim and requested that JB Hunt submit the relevant job separation information. JB Hunt enlisted their unemployment insurance carrier agent Employers Unity, Inc. of Arvada, Colorado (Employers Unity) to help them prepare the job separation information documents and to assist them with the unemployment claim. During early June 2005, JB Hunt and Employers Unity prepared the job separation information documents and mailed them to the NCESC. Based on the job separation information submitted to the NCESC, I was denied unemployment benefits by the NCESC unemployment benefits adjudicator. On July 28, 2005, the NCESC mailed the determination of the adjudicator to me. When I received the notice regarding my eligibility for unemployment benefits, I noted that the NCESC adjudicator had turned down my request for unemployment benefits based on the assertion that I destroyed JB Hunt company property via a major preventable collision on May 17, 2005. Apparently, the major collision was so severe that the cost of damages could not be determined at the time of the preparation of the job separation documents. On July 29, 2005, I sent a letter to the NCESC requesting an appeals hearing to further adjudicate my eligibility for unemployment benefits. In a separate letter, I also requested copies of the unemployment claim NCESC file documents. During early August 2005, I received the official NCESC records regarding my unemployment claim. When I examined the records, I noted that the job separation information that JB Hunt and Employers Unity submitted to the NCESC only contained the Notice of Claim and Request for Separation Information (NOC) form page and the first page of the attachment referenced on the NOC form page (only the first two pages of the document were initially submitted to the NCESC by JB Hunt and Employers Unity). The NOC job separation document submitted to the NCESC by JB Hunt and Employers Unity was therefore incomplete and the NCESC adjudicator had apparently made a decision regarding my eligibility for unemployment benefits based on incomplete documentation and inaccurate and extremely adverse job separation information. During September 2005, I requested that the NCESC obtain the entire NOC job separation information document, including all pages of the attachment referenced on the NOC form and all exhibits referenced in the attachment to the NOC form page. On September 16, 2005, the NCESC responded to my request and sent me the full text of the NOC document. Upon receiving the documents, I found significant errors, false statements and misleading information contained in these documents. These problem areas are listed below. 1) I was not involved in a major preventable collision on May 17, 2005. 2) I did not destroy JB Hunt company property on May 17, 2005 (or at any other time during my employment with JB Hunt). 3) There were no undetermined costs for damages that resulted from a major preventable collision on May 17, 2005 because I was not involved in a major preventable collision on May 17, 2005. 4) The JB Hunt Driver Manual included as one of the exhibits to the attachment to the NOC job separation document was an older, past version of the driver manual which had been superceded and was not the newer version of the driver manual I was issued at JB Hunt sponsored driver orientation. 5) A portion of the FMCSA regulations cited as an exhibit to the attachment to the NOC job separation information document have been rewritten, incorporated into other regulations and no longer existed in the form that JB Hunt and Employers Unity had documented to the NCESC (specifically, 49 CFR 392 Subpart E). 6) An Employers Unity Claims Specialist had apparently used JB Hunt company letterhead to hand-write and draft upon a portion of the NOC job separation information attachment document. I felt wholly disheartened and greatly personally and professionally harmed by the false assertion that I was involved in a major preventable collision on May 17, 2005 that destroyed JB Hunt company property. I believe JB Hunt and Employers Unity intentionally, purposely and knowingly submitted false and misleading information to the NCESC to cause the NCESC adjudicator to deny my unemployment benefits claim. I was initially denied unemployment benefits by the NCESC. In addition, the attachment to the NOC specifies that JB Hunt and Employers Unity considered my actions regarding the major preventable collision to be blatant (used three times), willful, intentional, irresponsible and knowing. This type of language is particularly offensive to me since I consider myself to be a driving professional and I have always acted in a proper and professional way with regard to my work. I appealed the NCESC adjudicator's decision denying my unemployment claim during late 2005. During the appeals hearing testimony, JB Hunt and Employers Unity personnel initiated no verbal discussion of the destruction company property charge leveled against me. In addition, they submitted no additional documents referencing, indicating, asserting or proving that I destroyed JB Hunt company property or that I was ever suspected or accused of destroying JB Hunt company property at any time during my employment with JB Hunt. Further, JB Hunt and Employers Unity gave no testimony contravening or apology for the false and defamatory destruction of company property charge leveled against me in the NOC job separation information document nor did they indicate a mistake had been made during preparation of the NOC job separation documents originally submitted by them to the NCESC. In fact, JB Hunt and Employers Unity switch-hit and changed the reason for my dismissal at the NCESC appeals hearing to the original unwritten undocumented company policy violation charge (specifically, violation of the JB Hunt public motorist complaint policy). This fact further leads me to believe the JB Hunt and Employers Unity intentionally, purposely and knowingly submitted defaming, false and misleading information to the NCESC with the express intention of delaying, reducing and/or eliminating my unemployment benefits claim. Apparently, JB Hunt and Employers Unity personnel are unaware that it is against North Carolina (NC) state law to knowingly misrepresent and/or falsify the facts regarding job separation information documents submitted to the NCESC (NCGS 96-18 [b] and the REDA N.C.G.S. 95-240 through N.C.G.S. 95-245). Also, it is a violation of NC state criminal law for a corporation, it's personnel and/or it's agent to misrepresent of provide false information to injure or defraud a person by making a false entry in any book, report or statement (N.C.G.S. 14-254) or to blacklist a former employee to prevent or attempt to prevent, by word or writing of any kind, such discharged employee from obtaining employment (N.C.G.S. 14-355). Further, since these materials were sent to the NCESC via USPS mail, I believe that the NOC job separation documents constitute an illegal attempt to defraud me of unemployment benefit monies through use of the USPS mail service. This deceptive act is potentially a Federal crime (USC Title 18, Part I, Chapter 63) and also violates the spirit and letter of Federal law regarding the STAA (49 U.S.C. 31105), the Corporate and Criminal Fraud Accountability Act (Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, 18 U.S.C. 1514 A), the False Claims Act (31 U.S.C. 3730 [h]), the Fair Labor Standards Act (29 U.S.C. 201), the Occupational Health and Safety Act (29 U.S.C. 660 [c]), the Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice Act (42 U.S.C. 1985 [2]) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000 [e]). Even though I prevailed at the first unemployment appeals level, JB Hunt and Employers Unity were not satisfied and further appealed the matter to the Commissioners of the NCESC. Subsequently, the NCESC Commissioners determined that the public motorist complaint documents introduced as evidence by JB Hunt and Employers Unity during the first unemployment appeals hearings were a form of double hearsay argument. The Commissions of the NCESC affirmed the NCESC Hearing Officer's original decision that I was legally eligible to receive unemployment benefits. Without a doubt, JB Hunt and Employers Unity colluded and conspired together to unfairly and illegally persuade the NCESC deny my unemployment benefits by first submitting false job separation information. This unfair and illegal act succeeded and I suffered great emotional and personal distress and upheaval because I did not receive unemployment benefit monies in a timely manner (I could not become employed, I was delayed in receiving unemployment benefits for five months, I could not pay my bills and eventually I lost my home via foreclosure proceedings). Last, JB Hunt and Employers Unity determined through their collusion, conspiracy and defamation to deprive me of the normal and rightful benefits of my past employment with JB Hunt. Personally, I consider the job separation documents JB Hunt and Employers Unity submitted to the NCESC to be an outright form of post-employment personal and professional character assassination, intimidation and harassment. Further, the false and defaming job separation information NOC documents submitted to the NCESC are currently within the public domain and are now open, therefore, to be accessed by others members of the general public interested in the reason for my termination by JB Hunt (North Carolina General Statutes N.C.G.S. 132-1 and N.C.G.S. 132-1.2 regarding public records and the fact that there is virtually no personal statutory protection afforded to individuals for confidentiality of public domain state documents). This fact truly puts me at a great personal and professional disadvantage regarding future employment because it portrays me as the type of person that would destroy my employer's company property in a blatant, willful, intentional, irresponsible and knowing way. I consider the job separation NOC information submitted to the NCESC by JB Hunt and Employers Unity to be extremely defamatory and adverse with regard to my personal and professional reputation and character and it is obvious to me that JB Hunt and Employers Unity colluded together to conspire to ruin my personal and professional reputation to such a degree that no employer within or outside of the transportation industry would hire me. These acts contravene my statutory employee protections under by Federal and North Carolina state law regarding my legal right to collect unemployment benefits and my legal and human right to gain future employment by accurate and fair accounting and reporting of my JB Hunt employment history (STAA [49 U.S.C. 31105] and the REDA [N.C.G.S. 95-240 through N.C.G.S. 95-245]). It is also clear to me that JB Hunt and Employers Unity colluded together to illegally blackball or blacklist me within and outside of the transportation services employment community. I believe my refusal to drive an unsafe and illegal CMV for JB Hunt and my complaints to JB Hunt corporate safety and operations personnel about the illegal and unsafe orders of fleet managers and dispatchers at JB Hunt directly resulted in my termination. Further, I assert that JB Hunt used their public motorist complaint termination policy as a pretext to validate my termination to eliminate my constructive and well-intentioned input about CMV safety and equipment deficiency issues. In addition, JB Hunt corporate safety and operations personnel did not investigate, document, act upon, remediate, correct and/or abate the safety complaints and/or coercive behavior of fleet managers and/or dispatchers toward JB Hunt CMV drivers. This is a systemic safety defect at JB Hunt. To my knowledge, JB Hunt has taken no steps to address the corporate culture that led to the illegal directives of my direct supervisors. I definitely believed, and still believe, that these coercive attempts by JB Hunt fleet managers and/or dispatchers to persuade CMV drivers to operate CMVs unsafely and illegally continue to persist and that they present a significant and direct threat to overall public health and safety. Based on the stated employee protection provisions of the STAA and the REDA, I requested employee protection. I was terminated by my former employer for complaining, documenting and reporting to them coercive and illegal behavior of other company employees. Afterward, my former employer undertook to inaccurately, negatively and falsely report my JB Hunt past employment work record history to USIS. This inaccurate portrayal of my job history caused potential employers to turn down my application for employment. Finally, my former employer and their unemployment insurance carrier deliberately and knowingly undertook to deny me the legal benefits of past employment with JB Hunt by submitting defamatory, false, misleading, misrepresentative and inaccurate information to the NCESC. Based on the continuing history defamation, intimidation and harassment regarding this matter, JB Hunt, USIS and Employers Unity have shown a pervasive and unquestionable pattern of collusive behavior designed to manufacture and maintain false and inaccurate work history information and distribute it to others. This behavior denies me my rightful entitlement to the terms, conditions, privileges and benefits of my past employment with JB Hunt and is specifically purposed to blackball and/or blacklist me within and outside of the transportation services employment community. Therefore, I formally and respectfully requested that the US Department of Labor (USDOL) and the North Carolina Department of Labor (NCDOL) further investigate this matter and render a decision regarding the merit of my formal complaint. I also consider my former employer JB Hunt, their unemployment insurance carrier Employers Unity and the consumer reporting agency USIS, be held jointly responsible for their unfair and illegal acts. Steve Charlotte, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Oct 26 2006
JB Hunt Terminating employment after injury and NOT giving copies of medical reports Ripoff Lowell Arkansas
1st issue: Around July 26,2006 after being employed with JB for only 3 weeks, I injured my back trying to pull the tandem pin. Their maintenance on their equipment has much to be desired. I had just delivered my load and notified my dispatcher Tara Turner of the injury and was told to go to the nearest emergency room. I found a truck stop a few miles away and they informed me of the nearest hospital. I relayed this information to Tara and she assisted with getting transportation. I was in a lot of pain and had just gotten a cash advance, but in changing clothes to go to the hospital, I forgot to get my money of the desk. I was asked to leave my spare key with the truck stop in case I couldn't drive for several days. While I was in the emergency room, they came and took the truck I found out by the truck stop manager when I returned. I subsequently did not have anything but the clothes I was wearing, when they put me in a hotel for the night becasue I had been given medication. They wouldn't even let me sleep in the truck when I called from the hospital and asked before I was given any medication. When I returned to the truck stop, there was a bus ticket home waiting for me, even though I would be able to drive again on the upcoming Monday (2days). By the time I returned home; Tara called to tell me that because I was injured in the 1st 90 days of employment; I was terminated. Consequently, I have not gotten back everything that was in the truck. I spoke with Tara, sent her a letter with items, costs, etc, and no one has responded. 2nd issue: I returned to JB 2 weeks later and had to go through an very extensive physical aptitude test which I passed. I was also told that Tara no longer works for the company and that the driver who picked up the truck doesn't either; so sorry that you lost things, but there's nothing we can do. Company policy states that if you are out of your truck more than 7 days, the truck will be picked up or returned to JB. I was given less than 24 hrs. I have subsequently quit and have still been asking about my missing things. I also requested a copy of the medical tests and reports and have been told by the medical department that if I still worked for them, I could get a copy; but because I quit; they refuse to give them to me. Consulting my lawyer; I found that it is against OSHA law to prohibit me from obtaining a copy of these reports. Karen Davenport, IowaU.S.A.
Oct 14 2005
Jim Hunt - 4daily - 4daily.com ripoff, scam Internet
As you may or may not be aware, 4 Daily is having a financial crisis. If you have invested money with them, chances are you will not get it back! They have realised the problem, and are setting their database to zero, and starting again. If you are with them, I suggest you contact them for further details. I am not trying to create gossip, just inform you. The site is down at the moment, but when it is back up, you can check it out for yourself. You can start here http://4daily.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=74051 This post is by the owner Jim. They owe members 9 million Dollars and are now going to force them to buy ads by tomorrow or wipe their balances clean and not pay, yet keep the site open to take more funds, while in the process of opening two new sites. That is stated in that thread. Here is where he again asked for input before screwing us over http://4daily.com/bb/viewtopic.php?=16133&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 And here is another section of the forum where members are upset and begging for mercy http://4daily.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=23 and here as well http://4daily.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=7 Nicole Chatham, OntarioCanada
Entity: Internet
Nov 10 2007
J.B Hunt The kind of job that dosen't let you work Arkansas Lowell Arkansas
I have currently being moving form one job to another. Hoping to find one that will allow me to have sufficient miles to support my five daughters my wife and still pay my bills. When I came across J.B Hunt they offered to give me the needed miles and a leased truck. They painted a beautiful rainbow. However when I finished training they for one could not find me an available truck. After that every thing went from worse to worse. They had me sitting form 3 to 4 days at a time and I was loosing money I did not have. I am over do on all kind of bill and I have not been able to provide for my daughters. I am in a position were I can not risk quitting J.B Hunt to start a new job. By the time were to find a new job I would either be homeless or/and in a bigger debt then the one I currently have. I have spent days and hours going down their 'Chain of Commands' To get my point across. Instead of letting me talk to the boss I am sent from one person to another and finally have nothing done. Emilio Bellevue, NebraskaU.S.A.
Jul 18 2008
JB Hunt Company dispatchers and recruiters are liers Lowell Arkansas
My husband has only worked for a week and they are lieing to him already. First they start off by saying that the southeast region drivers will be home every week thats a lie. They tell you in orintation a bunch of lies like you will get 2500 miles a week and they only give you 1200 or less. They treat there drivers like crap. They get you out there and mislead you most of the employees are complaining everytime you talk to them. They barley even care if you get a shower or food to eat. Just beware of the lies and if you join you will see and i hate to say i told you so. Please people dont fall for the lies. I dont want what happened to my husband to happen to you. anita valdosta, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Jul 17 2008
The Toy Hunt inflates MSRP Deceives Customers Watertown Tennessee
The website TheToyHunt.com deceives customers by inflating MSRP prices and offering what looks like a huge percentage off - which is a lie. Here is just one example. The Toy Hunt advertises a Mickey's Clubhouse Party Dinner Plate 8 pack at a regular price of $4.70 and a sale price of $3.29. The manufacturers website shows the actual MSRP of only $3.49. The Toy Hunt has inflated the MSRP by $1.21 to give an apparent 30% discount, when in reality the discount is much much less. Here's a link that shows it (as of July 17): http://thetoyhunt.com/agdpl2388.html Consumer Reporter Washington DC, District of ColumbiaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Watertown, Tennessee
Jun 15 2008
J.B. Hunt all that matters here is the freight Lowell Arkansas
I have been in the J9.B. Hunt lease purchase program since 4/10/2008 until just recently. The only thing they care about is the pickup and delivery of freight. For both of the months I have been in their program I have not managed to make a pay check. I carefully spend on fuel but the surcharge they offer to pay for fuel does not keep up with the actual price at the pump. Once I add my truck payment to my fuel expenses very little if any monies remain. In orientation as well when I spoke with the recruiter I was assured drivers average 2400- 2800 miles weekly. For 8 weeks I only reached that milestone once. I was also told by the recruiter try the program and if I was unhappy after 30 days I could switch to a company driver or leave and do as I please. Well needless to say that was yet another lie. The truth is I am obligated by a contract for a period of 90 days to work for J.B. Hunt. After 60 days you must give the company 30 notice of your intent to leave. I recently did just that and this is when everything really started to deteriorate between myself and J.B. Hunt. As soon as I advised my fleet manager that on July 7/2008 I planned to leave J.B. Hunt it became nearly impossible to arrange to get home. I would have to say I wanted to be home two -three days ahead of when I really wanted to arrive. When I did arrive at my home I would get messages and phone calls trying to convince me to return to work well in advance of my scheduled return to work. The times I scheduled to be home held a significance since usually this was the beginning of the month and I was home to beg borrow and steal to get help from family and friends to pay my rent and other monthly bills. On July 5, 2008 my fleet manager took the tradition of trying to get me back to work to another level. July 5, 2008 was a pay day and for a change I was actually entitled to $600.00 or so I thought. at 3 am that morning I checked my pay via the on board computer in my truck only to find I was only paid $240.00 so later that morning I received a phone call from my fleet manager who acknowledged that the company wrongfully omitted several items on my check. I then informed him that the reason I was home was to pay my rent and any other bill I could and the hardship this omission would cause me. I was facing eviction the next afternoon. He advised me he would speak with his superior to see what he could do. He called me back and advised me he could get me the money I was entitled to but there was a catch I would have to instantly return to work or else I could not get the money. I declined and he stated to me that I should take the $240.00 I did receive and see if my landlord would accept that. When I advised him they would not his response was oh well if you do not come back to work I cannot give the money to you. At the time of our conversation I had only been home for two days. He also aknowleged that as he stated to me You have been home since Tuesday. I told him that due to running non- stop Sunday, Monday and Tuesday morning I was sleep all day Tuesday only leaving Wednesday. This conversation occurred Thursday morning and I was not scheduled to return to work until Sunday at 8 am. I spent the rest of that day borrowing monies to save my home and the next day borrowing to pay my other bills. All during this time I received repeated phone calls from various personnel at J.B. Hunt urging me to return to work but no one would give me the monies I was entitled to. Despite my best efforts I could not and still have not been able to gather all the monies needed to pay all of my bills. Therefore I extended and received acknowledgement from J.B. Hunt of a new date to return to work of 6/15/2008. The following week the calls kept coming from J.B. Hunt now threatening me with repossession of the truck I was leasing. I asked how they could do that when I was owed as much if not more than my upcoming truck payment and weekly expenses. I was told my only options were to immediately return to work, return the truck to Louisville, Kentucky by Tuesday 6/10/2008, take it to Joppatown, Maryland and incur repossession charges or they would send someone to get the truck. I told them I did not feel this was right given I was home on extended leave and as an independent contractor should not be told when to work. None the less after this conversation with the help of my family I removed all of my belongings from my assigned truck on Monday 6/09/2008. Later on that day a message was sent to me on the trucks computer *(since I stopped answering their repeated and harassing calls to my cell phone) offering to pay me $400.00 to drive the truck to Louisville, Kentucky by 5 pm Tuesday and in his words we would shake hands and part ways. But when I asked them would they fly me back home like they flew me there the best they would offer me was a bus ticket. On Tuesday afternoon J.B. Hunt sent a repo man to my neighborhood who took the truck and trailer. Now J.B. Hunt has kept the money I earned and is also charging me with abandoning a truck. Which they will probably reported to USIS and that will fulfill the threat that was made during one of the conversations with them that I would never be able to get another job in my profession as well that I would incur a substantial amount of fees and penalties for not returning to work when they wanted me to. So far J.B. Hunt is delivering on all of their threats and none of their promises. And why has all this happened? Just because I have a family and my life does not revolve around trucking. Marcus Randallstown, MarylandU.S.A.
Nov 29 2006
J B Hunt ripoff lied to me thru email Atlanta Georgia
jb hunt -ppg- recruiter lied to me thru email , said i would be making over 900.00dollars bring home pay , because i have hazmat cdl liciences i have the email printed out and i have my so called pay checks , they dont even put your trips on it , they didnot pay me sign on bonus , they didnot pay me for having to sit at truck stop for 48 hours , my first big pay check was 134.00 second was 506.00 third was 476.00 i was promised in wrinting i would make 900.00 dollars no matter the miles because i was going to be hauling hazardous material, so what happened to the money , i talked to pay roll they said it would be on next check,i believe they told me that so that could get one more week out of me before i realized when i got my next check somebody was lying , i cant stand a liarer , so i quit , jb hunt has almost cost me my home and car , because of there lies , who can pay there bills, on this kind of money, i put my trust in them and look what happened. Kevin and cathy Philadelphia, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
May 17 2007
JB Hunt Ripoff A bunch of crooks in Lowell Arkansas
I would like to know how a company can take your earnings that you earned from you?. if you dont take there truck back to your home terminal. I took there truck back to 1 of there closest terminal that i could find at the time because i was quiting and had enough of there madness Vivian Oklahoma City, OklahomaU.S.A.
Jan 08 2008
Hunt For Flowers Charged credit card more than receipt amount Gretna Louisiana
Ordered flowers for funeral on 11/27/2007. The receipt from Internet order shows a total of for $70.20. My credit card statement showed a charge of $75.20. I called Hunt For Flowers. The owner (Michael?) said I was charged an extra $5.00 because I did not enter the security code for the credit card. Said he had to call the credit card company to verify the card number and they charged him $5.00 to verify it. I asked why he didn't inform me of the extra charge. He said he did not have to because it was done through the credit card company and if I had a compaint, I should be calling them. I called the credit card company and they said they do not charge that way. If the form asks for the security number, it is not approved unless it is entered. I explained what the owner of Hunt For FLowers said. They, out of courtesy, credited my account. I believe this is an excuse this vendor uses to rip off people in times of grief and when charging over the Internet. He never asked me for my Name, Order Confirmination number, date of transaction, telephone number or address. Only the crdit card company does this if the security code is not entered. Meek Cantonment, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Gretna, Louisiana
Aug 21 2007
J.B. Hunt How much do you have to sacrafice Lowell Arkansas
I recently had to turn in my truck with J.B. hunt. It was constantly breaking down. Between J.b. Hunt, and Freightliner replacing parts every three weeks, and being off the road 3 to 4 days every time in the shop, there was no way I could make a paycheck. When I picked my truck out we really did not have much of a choice, there were 13 in my class and 9 trucks available to choose from. I chose a 2005 frieghtliner with 300,000 miles on it I could sit and make 50 dollars a day untill they happen to bring a truck in that I like, or pick a truck and start making a paycheck. So I thought I had my truck for 4 months and in that time I drained my bank acct. and twice. I knew that there would be sacrafices, how much do you have to sacrafice ? I no that I had nothing left to sacrafice. Sacrafices I/WE made: not only I was effected by this, we got rid of the house we were renting to help save money, got rid of any extra expenses that were not necessary. My wife was with me on the road, we cooked/BBQ our own food, never really did any extracurricular activities, and if we did it was usually shopping at Walmart and getting a new movie. One time when I was in Lowell,Ar. getting the truck worked on I was talking with the shop forman and he told me the last person that was in this truck quit because this truck was in the shop all the time. I find out after 3 1/2 months of struggling that my truck has a long history of being in the shop. Almost from the time the truck was new. I think what bothers me the most is , This truck has a bunch of problems J.B. does no about this , but it does not concern them that they use it in the L/P program at someone elses expence. Techfrmcape cape girardeau, MissouriU.S.A.
63, Report #199516
Jul 05 2006
JB HUNT Transport Service ripoff Lowell, Arkansas
JB HUNT will fabricate safety issues and fabricate late on loads and put It on your work record, so you cant get a job elsewhere. So you will be stuck there at JB HUNT! Letter Of Resignation: the reasons that I am terminating my employment with JB Hunt Is when I was hired I was told by Kim from Human Resources at JB Hunt that I would start at .40 per mile after 60 days. I would get .42 per mile. That did not happen.I was also told that I would get 48 hours off at home for every 7 days Over the Road. That did not happen.I was told I would get a $200.00 fuel bones If I only idled truck to charge the Battery.That did not happen.I was told I would get 2700 to 3000 miles per week.That did not happen.I was told I would get postings of local jobs In home town form my fleet Mangier Shane.That did not happen. All the directions that are sent by the On Board Computer ( Quall com) will take me In to Residential Restricted Areas If I were to follow them,this Is not Safe and I will not put my Drivers Licenses (CDL A Hazmat) at risk or the Safety of others at risk because of the Poor Directions that are sent by JB Hunt. I was told that I would get paid Rand McNally Miles. When I would look up the Rand McNally miles JB Hunt was at all times shorting miles between 50 and up to 150 miles per trip. I was told I would get Health Insurance at 60 days.That did not Happen. I did try to communicate all of my complaints to my Fleet Mangier Shane he did nothing to rectify this. So I tried to communicate the same complaint's to his boss Lance ,He did nothing to rectify my complaints. I sent a Letter to the Corporate Office 05/21/2006 as a Letter of Protest. the Corporate Office did nothing to rectify my complaints. Witch leaves me no choice but to send my letter of Resignation. the Safety of Life comes first. I will not ,and can not, break the Law to keep my job with JB Hunt. MORE TRUTH: When one of the Tires Exploded on my Trailer, when I was on my way to Chicago .I called road Break Down for help 800 723 3133 the Man that took the call said there Is no one to send out to fix the tire .He then told me to drive over 120 miles to Chicago with the rubber flying everywhere. I took charge and took the Tractor Trailer to a Repair Plaza and JB Hunt wouldn't give the Repair Man approval to pay for the repair's for Over two Hours. The Man that took the call at JB Hunt said he was a Driver for Over 20 Years and It would be safe to drive with that Blown tire. If the rubber Debris would have went Into and broke a windshield of a car would JB Hunt have been responsible? Would that 20 year Vet of JB hunt be responsible? Your Safty Is only for your convenience! It would have been Me and My CDL and I did not get paid for all that time. CALL 800-2JB-HUNT find out for your self! Find your next JOB Here Find your way OUT of HUNT things U should know about JB HUNT Name: CONTACT CEO of JB HUNT HERE (((ROR redacted email for security purposes))) B Lenox, MichiganU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Aug 08 2005
JB Hunt employment ripoff, harassment, illegal company charges, avoidance to paying for fees Lowell Arkansas
August 5, 2005 I had to leave JB Hunt due to the climate of harassment, constant employers duress and illegal activity within the Company. For many years this Company has blamed the drivers for many, many problems but in truth the problems are at the management level. Anyone is called a manager, kids with no preparation have control over drivers in the field- causing havoc, accidents, delayed deliveries and death! But JB Hunt will only blame the drivers! Continued-daily harassment thru the obc unit to drivers since these unprofessional dispatchers are absent of any professional conduct and resulting in excess stress, anxiety and breakdown. You do not need a Company in which you make the money but, ALL other areas of the Company purposely damage your vehicule, cut back well derserved salary, are constatntly told you resolve the problem when you are thousands of miles away from home and receive no accolation for a job well done. Serious employment laws broken but when seeking help are told, follow your chain of command, to find out that the ones in charge are twenty-thirty non-degreed imbesseles as their dispatchers. One emplyment law being broken is advancement. When one applies for an internal position the dispatcher can deny it for capricios reasons, even if you have a good-clean driving record, making it a discriminatory decision and many other faults on behalf of JB Hunt for allowing such practice. The dispatchers will purposely deny payments, will purposely hold you for hours and days at a location for no reason, etc. I will need to file an EEOC complaint and Labor Department complaint because of the continued harassment by JB Hunt and its employees. I have a clean-good-clear MVR/DAC, just think this Company says there are no good drivers?? P lee summit, MissouriU.S.A.
May 08 2008
4daily.com - Jim Hunt He stole over $3.000 from me! Internet
Jim Hunt aka the scamartist requested folks to re-invest their earnings back into his program after he send out an email telling his members that he only had 100k to spend on an open balance of 4 million according to him this would build up momentum to provide him with the funds to pay folks. Loyal members like myself back then did as asked only to be ripped off when a week later he said it was not working and that he was gonna reset the whole system back to $4 per person. Jim should be jailed for this! Erol VoorburgNetherlands
Entity: Internet
Aug 06 2008
Galaxt Merchants - Denise Hunt Job on line scam Hartfield United Kingdom
Here is the e-mail that I received. GALAXY MERCHANTS, LONDON, U.K. Office 67, washburn mall, FN2 4HL Hartfield United Kingdom email: denisehunt01@gmail.com Good day! I got your e-mail from a US database and i'm hoping you can be of help to our company, We are offering you a job position with our company. Your task is to coordinate Payments from customers and help us with the payment process. The customer receives and sends payment to you. Your tasks are: 1. Receives payment from Customers 2. Cash Payments at your Bank (Upon the paper instruction enclosed in same Envelope alongside the cheques) 3. Deduct 10% which will be your commission/pay on each Payment processed 4. Forward balance after deduction of commission/pay to If you are interested, Kindly send to me the listed informatio n below: #your full name: #your full homes address: number and street city state zip code #Occupation: #direct contact telephone number (VALID AND WORKING): #your email address: ONLY SERIOUS AND INTERESTED PARTICIPANTS SHOULD PLEASE REPLY. WARMEST DENISE HUNT Susan s Larose, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity:
Oct 07 2008
Hunt & Henriques Law Office Harassing Tactics San Jose California
I received a notice from this law firm demanding 1500.00 for an old account I had had with Sears. I spoke with a nice lady on the phone who informed me that their office has had this account since July 2008. She stated that they had called me numerous times (they never did nor did they leave a voicemail on my phone) and had sent me a previous letter (which I never got and the letter I did get was sent regular US mail NOT certified) and that they were going to start legal proceeding to sue me for the amount due. I informed the lady that I am currently out on disability and am on a fixed income at this time. I offered to pay 100.00 per month but was told that they would only accept 380.00 down and then I could pay the 100.00 a month. I turned the account over to a credit management company. This law office stated that the account had to be paid in full with 6 months and wanted 260.00 a month from the credit management company ( again they would accept 100.00 from me after the down payment). When I called them (the law office) today the balance had gone up (they stated that I was being charged a daily interest rate). I want to rectify this matter but don't know what to do. Mike Roseville, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Sep 02 2001
BEWARE OF DAVID HUNT!!!! DRUNK DRIVER ..I WILL BE AT YOUR SENTENCING
DAVID HUNT WAS A GUY THAT ALWAYS SEEMED REALLY NICE. FIRST TIME I MET HIM HE WAS VERY CHARMING AND VERY NICE. WELL A FEW DAYS LATER SECOND SUMMER SESION AT SFA (A COLLEGE IN SOUTHERN TEXAS) WAS ABOUT TO BEGIN. JESSICCA BUFKIN, THE NICEST PERSON ANYONE COULD OR WOULD EVER MEET AND I BEGAN A GREAT FRIENDSHIP. WE ALWAYS HUNG OUT. WE'D DO JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING (LIKE GOING OUT TO THE BAR OR PARTY) TOGETHER. WELL ONE DAY WHILE OUR FRIEND TALLY WAS IN TOWN DAVID (THE SEEMINGLY NICE GUY) PULLED A LOADED GUN ON TALLY!!! AND TOLD HER THAT HE WAS GOING TO SHOOT HER. I WAS NOT THERE CAUSE I HAD TO WORK THE NEXT DAY. AS SOON AS I HEARD ABOUT THIS I SWORE I WOULD NEVER GO OUT TO HIS HOUSE AGAIN. AND I NEVER DID. WELL ON AUGUST 8TH OF 2000, JESSICCA'S DAD WAS IN TOWN TO TAKE SOME PICTURES FOR HIS AND CAROL'S WEDDING ANIVERSARY (WHO ARE BOTH VERY LOVING PARENTS). WELL JESSICCA AND I HAD BEEN ARGUING ABOUT SOMETHING REALLY STUPID (WHICH IS SOMETHING I TOTALLY REGRET), SO WE DIDN'T TALK MUCH THAT DAY. BUT WHEN I DID TALK TO HER AND SEE HER, SHE WAS STILL THE HAPPY PERSON SHE ALWAYS WAS. AFTER I GOT OFF WORK FROM SONIC THAT DAY I WENT TO MY HOUSE (YES IT WAS A HOUSE). I SAT THERE ALL NIGHT BY MYSELF (SAD HUH?). JESSICCA, AMY AND MONICA (2 OF OUR MUTUAL FRIENDS) WENT OUT TO CASA THOMAS (IN NACOGDOCHES) SO AMY AND MONICA COULD DRINK (IT WAS $1 RITA NIGHT). WHILE THERE THEY ALL SAW DAVID. DAVID WAS PUTTING AWAYS THE SHOTS LEFT AND RIGHT (HE WAS ALWAYS KNOWN TO MOST PEOPLE AS A DRUNK, HELL HE WAS ALWAYS DRUNK OR ON SOMETHING). WELL MONICA, JESSICA, AND AMY LEFT THE BAR AND WENT TO AMY'S AND WATCHED A MOVIE. MONICA LEFT AND JESSICA AND AMY WATCHED THE PRINCESS BRIDE TOGETHER UNTIL ABOUT 12:30. JESSICA DID NOT DRINK THAT NIGHT CAUSE SHE WAS ON MONO MEDICATION AND SHE HAD JUST TURNED 19 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO IT. AFTER JESSICA LEFT AMY'S AND WENT HOME SHE SAT THERE AND READ ALL NIGHT (THIS IS ABOUT 3-4 HOURS AFTER THEY WERE AT THE BAR). I CALLED JESSICA AT ABOUT 2:30 IN THE MORNING TO SEE WHAT SHE WAS DOING OR TO SEE IF SHE WAS STILL AWAKE. I TOLD HER I WAS SORRY FOR BEING A B@*%H ABOUT SOMEHTING STUPID. SHE ACCEPTED THAT APOLOGY. WE SAT THERE AND TALKED FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES. I WAS GOING TO SEE IF I COULD GO OVER THERE (I WAS REALLY BORED) OR IF SHE WANTED TO COME OVER AND CHILL, BUT I REMEMBERED HER DAD WAS IN TOWN SO I DECIDED NOT TO. I DECIDED I'D JUST GO TO BED. I LAID IN BED FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR BEFORE I COULD FALL ASLEEP. I JUST COULDN'T MY STOMACH KEPT CRAMPING UP. AT AROUND 3:30 THERE WAS SOMEONE BANGING ON MY WINDOWS AND SCREAMING TICY WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!! I HELD A 5 MINUTE CONVERSATION WITH THE PEOPLE AND ALL I CAN REMEMBER IS JESSICA....BAD ACCIDENT....DAVID....DRUNK AS THOSE WORDS FINALY PENETRATED INTO MY SLEEPY HEAD I GOT UP. WHEN I SAW THE TWO GUYS IN THE SHADOWS OF MY HOUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A PRANK. BUT WHEN I SAW THEIR FACES I KNEW IT WASN'T. THE TWO GUYS WERE ROOMMATES OF DAVID'S (I WILL LEAVE THEIR NAMES OUT OF THIS). BOTH OF THEM VERY SWEET GUYS AND VERY NICE (UNLIKE DAVID AT THIS POINT). THEY EXPLAINED TO ME WITH THEIR VOICES SHAKING THAT DAVID WENT AND PICKED JESSICA UP AND WAS BRINGING HER OVER TO THEIR HOUSE SO ONE OF THE GUYS SHE WAS SORTA SEEING COULD HANG OUT WITH HER. EVERYBODY SAID THAT HE SEEMED VERY SOBER AND WASN'T STUMBLING OR ANYTHING AS HE WALKED TO HIS TRUCK. I LEFT BOTH OF THOSE GUYS IN MY HOUSE ALONE WHEN I JUMPED IN MY CAR AND DROVE TO THE HOSPITAL. WHEN I GOT THERE THE NURSES MAD ME WAIT OUTSIDE (THEY WERE WHEELING JESSICA INTO INTENSIVE CARE AND DID NOT WANT ME TO SEE HER). I WAS THE FIRST PERSON THERE (I FELT LIKE THE ONLY PERSON). NO TEARS HAD COME OUT OF MY EYES CAUSE I KNEW SHE'D BE OK. I LOOKED DOWN AT THE GROUND AND THERE WAS BLOOD EVERYWHERE, THAT'S WHEN I KNEW MAYBE IT WASN'T GOING TO BE OK. THE DOCTOR TOOK ME BACK TO THE ICU WAITING ROOM. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. I CALLED AMY AND TOLD HER WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE DOCTOR WALKED IN. SHE (THE DOCTOR) SAID THAT IT DIDN'T LOOK GOOD AND SHE WAS ALMOST DEAD WHEN THEY PICKED HER UP. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT JESSICA DIED THE NEXT DAY. DAVID WALKED AWAY WITH A BROKEN COLLAR BONE!!!! HIS MOM CAME TO THE HOSPITAL TO TALK TO JESSICA'S MOM (CAROL). SHE SEEMED VERY NICE AND CARING. HIS DAD WAS THERE BUT DID NOT HAVE THE NERVE TO WALK UP AND PAY HIS RESPECTS!! THE DAY BEFORE THE FUNERAL I WAS TALKING TO CAROL AND SHE SAID THAT SHE HAD GOTTEN A LETTER FROM DAVID'S MOM. I READ THE LETTER AFTER THE FUNERAL WAS OVER. BASICALLY IT SAID THAT JESSICA WAS A SLUT AND PERFORMING ORAL SEX ON DAVID WHEN HE LOST CONTROL OF THE TRUCK. IT WAS HER FAULT BECAUSE SHE HAD A REPUTATION FOR BEING WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE. I WAS FURIOUS!!!! SO WHAT...WHO CARES ABOUT HER REPUTATION AND ALL THAT CRAP, JESSICA IN THE 1 YEAR I KNEW HER HAD NEVER PERFORMED ORAL SEX (SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME)!!! SO I KNEW HE WAS A LIAR. IF DAVID'S MOM WANTS TO TALK ABOUT REPUTATION, WHAT ABOUT HIS. HE WAS A POTHEAD, DRUNK, MISFIT, LOSER, DRUNK DRIVER, LIFE TAKER, AND HE STOLE THE SUN OUT OF MANY PEOPLES HEARTS WHEN HE MURDERED JESSICA!!!! I KNOW THOSE ARE HARSH WORDS, BUT THEY ARE ALL TRUE. DAVID DOES NOT DESERVE TO DIE, BUT HE DESERVES TO ROT IN JAIL!!! HE GREW UP BEING TOSSED OUT OF SCHOOL, GOING TO A DETENTION/BOARDING SCHOOL. I ONLY SAW HIM WHEN HE WAS INTOXICATED! EVERYONE THAT KNEW HIM (WHEN I ASKED THEM IF THEY KNEW WHO HE WAS) SAID THAT HE WAS ALWAYS DRUNK AND THEY HAD NEVER SEEN HIM SOBER. I ALSO HAVE HEARD THAT HE NEVER WENT TO CLASS SOBER! HE WAS ALSO PART OF A FRATERNITY THAT HAD BEEN KICKED OFF CAMPUS FOR HAZING A FRESHMAN STUDENT. THAT STUDENT HAD GOTTEN ALCOHOL POISENING FROM DRINKING TOO MUCH DURING THE TRIAL PERIOD WHERE YOU HAVE TO PROVE YOURSELF TO THE FRATERNITY. DAVID AND HIS FAMILY ARE SAYING THAT JESSICA NEVER WAS WEARING HER SEATBELT. OK PEOPLE IF YOU KNEW JESSICA YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY THIS MAKES ME FURIOUS!!! JESSICA NEVER WENT ANYWHERE WITHOUT HER SEATBELT ON, EVEN IF YOU WERE DRIVING 10 FEET AWAY. SHE ALWAYS WORE HER SEATBELT! NEVER ONCE DID I SEE HER NOT WEARING HER SEATBELT. DAVID WAS OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT OF ALCOHOL WAY OVER THE LIMIT (NOT SURE HOW MUCH, BUT IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE DOUBLE THE LEGAL LIMIT). WHEN THE CORONER RAN DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTS ON JESSICA THERE WAS NOTHING BUT HER MONO MEDICATION IN HER SYSTEM. THE POLICE REPORTED THAT THE TRUCK WAS GOING OVER 100 MPH WHEN DAVID LOST CONTROL OF THE TRUCK. DAVID STATES THAT SOME OTHER CAR WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD AND HE HAD TO SWERVE TO MISS IT. OK DAVID....WHERE WAS THE OTHER CAR? THERE WERE NOT TIRE MARKS OR EVIDENCE OF ANY OTHER CAR! AND AS A HUMAN BEING IF SOMEONE HAD SEEN A TRUCK LOOSE CONTROL OR FLIP THEY WOULD HAVE STOPPED!!! WELL THE TRUCK FLIPPED AND JESSICA WAS THROWN OUT OF THE CAR. DAVID AND HIS FAMILY ARE LIARS AND CHEATS. THEY CHEATED THE WORLD OF A WONDERFUL PHOTOGRAPHER AND A BEAUTIFUL PERSON! SHE WAS A BEST FRIEND AND LIKE A SISTER. HE STOLE HER OUT OF THE HEARTS OF EVERYONE THAT KNEW HER! HE KILLED HER ALONG WITH SO MANY EMOTIONS I ONCE HAD. JESSICA WAS A FRIEND, A SISTER, A DAUGHTER, A COUSIN, A LOVER, AND A BEST FRIEND TO THOSE AROUND HER. SHE DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE AND DAVID SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE ONE THAT HAD THE DESICION OF TAKING HER LIFE!!!! STUPID ASSHOLE DESERVES TO BE IN PRISON THE REST OF HIS MISERABLE LIFE AND I HOPE THAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE LIFE YOU TOOK FROM THE WORLD. SHE WAS SO SMART AND COULD HAVE GONE FAR, BUT IT'S TOO LATE NOW YOU ASS!!! YOU HAVE HURT ME MORE THAN ANYONE COULD EVER HURT ME!! AND I BARLEY KNEW YOU, AND SHE BARLEY KNEW YOU!!! IF YOU ARE READING THIS DAVID- I WILL BE AT YOUR SENTENCING AND I WILL PRAY YOU GET THE PUNISHMENT YOU DESERVE!!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO WALK THE FREE WORLD WITH THE REST OF US OUT HERE, YOU KILLED SOMEONE, YOU MURDERED HER. AND I HOPE YOU FEEL THAT SHARP PAIN OF AGONNY EVERYTIME YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES. I HOPE YOU SEE HER FACE AND HEAR HER VOICE AND SEE THE LAST EXPRESION SHE HAD ON HER FACE (AND NOT THE ONE FROM THE HOSPITAL WITH ALL THOSE TUBES ON HER FACE)!!! I HOPE THAT IMAGE HAS BEEN BURNED INTO YOUR MURDEROUS MIND!!!! YOU KILLED A YOUNG WOMAN THAT HAD JUST BEGUN TO BLOOM INTO A WOMAN. THE HARDEST PART OF THE YEAR IS THIS PART AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU RUINED SO MANY PEOPLES LIVES OVER THIS. CAROL, STEVE, AND JENNIFER BUFKIN WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AND YOU CAUSED THAT. YOU TOOK A LIFE FROM THIS WORLD AND YOU SHOULD PAY BY SITTING THE REST OF YOUR MISERABLE LIFE IN PRISON AND I HOPE THAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS EVERYDAY!
Entity: HOUSTON, TEXAS
Mar 29 2012
benjamin hunt tyler southern, anthony promises citi credit cards, black american express with no fico scores Internet
This person benjamin hunt, promises he can get you a credit card from citi bank, black american express. Uses all different aka's and then when you send the money to his other aka tyler southern he comes back with the processor needs more money because the fees have changed. He feels you will not report him, because you are trying to pursue a credit card and that is in a gray area with law enforcement. Do Not send him or them any money. They will not perform.
Entity: , Internet
May 07 2011
Hunt Plumbing Damaged carpet, left a mess, and lied to older couple Birmingham, Missouri
9/16/09-We called the company and they sent out a plumber to fix a backed up sewer drain in the laundry room.  When he arrived, I explained to him that I had put Clorox in the bathroom toilet to mask the smell.  He was frustrated from the beginning because they sent him to this call and the length, according to him, had to be longer than his to reach the problem.  The plumber that had it was on another call.  He had to leave our house to meet the other plumber at QuikTrip to get the other machine.  When he returned, he asked to use the restroom and I reminded him that I had put bleach in the toilet and that he shouldn't flush it.  I was outside the door when I heard him flush it and curse.  The toilet overflowed.  He saw a mop and pail that had been moved to the rec room---brand new still in the cardboard without asking.  He took the new mop and pail and tried to clean up the bleach water mess.  When he exited the laundry room he dripped and tracked bleach water on my blue carpet and put the mop and pail on the carpet resulting in permanent bleach drips, a shoe print, and a pail ring which is bleached out.  He made a huge mess, left the washer and dryer in the middle of the floor, the floor was filthy.  My husband and I have numerous medical issues and had to clean it up and move the washer and dryer back ourselves.  I called Hunts Plumbing asking for the owner and told him the story of what happened.  He said that we should call our homeowner's insurance who would contact his insurance and they would take care of the problem. He said that he had insurance for that.  Our adjuster came out but they ended up refusing liability.  Their plumber said it never happened even though his work boot print is outside the bathroom.  It went to arbitration but it was the plumber who lied's word against ours.  My husband was 64 and I was 57 at the time.  I believe they saw us as an easy target and thought we wouldn't do anything about it.  We had to have our insurance pay for the damage AND had to pay the company for poor work and clean up their mess.
Entity: Birmingham, Missouri
Mar 10 2012
JB HUNT PROMISED LOTS OF FRIEGHT AND MILES NEVER FOLLOWED THRU Internet
Independent contract services. They promised lots of loads and miles. True is sometimes I was luckly to break 1600 miles in week. Always had long layover times like 40 to 50 hours.Sometimes they would send me somewheres saying that they had bunch of loads around there. Once I was unloaded n called always on hold or they hang up on me, they were like ok I'm call u once we find a load. HINT THERE WAS NOTHING AROUND FOR 150 MILES!!!!!!!I would call back after 4 hours and there were like oh we don't have anything around you. We will call u back. Truth be said they never called.And if you turned down a load they would get pissed off and then you are screwed. Home time????? Yea that was a touching story. They always said oh why u wanna go hone BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF SITTING AROUND!!!!!!! Sometimes I felt like putting a mail box outside the truck bc I thought that was my new home.
Entity: , Internet
Jul 27 2012
Window Tinting by hunt bros Horrible Work Decatur, Georgia
Please be aware of Window Tinting by hunt bros on candler rd. They are a big rip-off they charge 150.00 for tinting that my 12 year old could do. I took my car in for a tint job the guy first told me that it would take 1-2 hours I ended up staying there for 3 1/2. I begin to notice bubbles and lines but he told me not to worry. He said that it would evaporate in a couple of days. After 4 days the same situation same lines and bubbles. I took my car back and was told that I couldn't just roll up in their business at anytime and request to have my car looked at. After a few moments of bickering back and forth with him I agreed to make an appointment because I work during the week. I made an appointment for saturday on a monday. I was called on a friday 1 day before my appointment date that I couldn't bring in my car because thats their busiest day. I was told to bring it in another day like mon or tuesday. They said if you want it looked it those are the days and hung up. Very poor business and unprofessional customer service. How are they still in business if I have anything to do with this they will be shut down!!!! Good Luck scamming people!!!
Entity: Decatur, Georgia
Jul 12 2012
Hunt & Henriques Civil Judgment received payment with no contact San Jose, California
Hunt & Henriques after many months of receiving payments from me filled and won a Civil Judgement against me with no prior notification. Once I received the abstract I began making payments to Hunt & Henriques, it has been a year now of making payments on this judgment with no word from Hunt & Henriques regarding receiving payments, account balance, and or a statement of any kind. I have tried to reach them by phone and have submitted requests for a phone call via their web site but have not received any contact from them. To date I have paid them over $1200 dollars. I am trying to clean up my credit report and payoff old debts. Hunt & Henriques has so far filled a judgment I was not able to dispute and seems to be taking my money to the bank with no credit to me. I am at a loss and do not know if I should in good faith continue to make payments to a company that will not send me an accounting of my money. I am looking for some help on this matter. I do not know where else to turn.
Feb 04 2010
Hunt & Henriques Law Office Scare tactics and harrassment San Jose, California
H & H are notorious law violators.  They use scare tactics to extort money from a debt they purchased for 10% of your amount owed.  They call after acceptable business hours.  The falsify documents of when they were served and do not follow through with notification.  Do not adhere to them.  Let them know via cross complaint that defendant intends discovery pursuant to the California Rules of Civil Procedure.Wait til 2 days are left to file your cross complaint.  Apply for a fee waiver so you don't have to pay.  Report them to the http://www.calbar.ca.gov/state/calbar/calbar_home.jsp.  Take away their ability to operate by reporting their violations to the bar.
May 04 2010
J.B. Hunt Transportation Ilegally Terminates their employees if they are hurt on the job Lowell, Arkansas
On Febuary 16, 2009 I put in my arrival at rail yard message. Since I was in the middle of a freakish snow storm that the area I was in was not supposed to have gotten, I put on my required snow cleets before getting out of the truck. I began to climb out of the truck using the 3 points of contact. When my right foot hit the ground it inverted inward to the point that I was standing on the ball joint of my ankle. When I was done screaming in Agony I regained my composure, hobbled around the best that I could to release the trailer from the tractor, got up in the tractor and began letting everyone know by Qual-Com and phone of what had just happened. Thank God this happened 7 miles from my house.They had the truck towed to the drop yard and it was agreed upon that I would go see the DR. at Concentra first thing the next morning due to the bad weather. When I went to the Dr. at Concentra he said that it was a slight sprain. I knew better. A slight sprain you can bare down on with pressure. I couldnt walk. Since I was based out of Illinois I was under Illinois Work Comp. My case manager through Liberty Mutual told me that I had 2 choices of Drs. I went to my Doctor the next day with Xrays in hand.When my Dr first looked at it he could have sworn it was broken. He ordered more Xrays and classified it as a Severe Grade 3 Sprain. When I asked him about the healing time he said that it would be atleast 3-4 months before I could drive. 3 weeks had past and no change in my ankle. During this 3 weeks  I recieved paper work from my dispatcher for FMLA. When I called him about it he said that it was just so I could keep my benefits. I expressed to my Dispatcher that this was a work injury not a family medical issue. And he agreed. The second visit to my doctor, I handed him the paper work. He even questioned it. I told him what my dispatcher told me. He filled it out and faxed it back to them. About a week before my last visit with my Family Dr, I recieved noticed that I didnt qualify for FMLA but I did qualify for Med Leave. Again I called my Dispatcher and told him once again that this was an ON THE JOB INJURY. Not an injury that happened outside of work. He gave me the same bull line about its so I can keep my Benefits. I took those papers back to my doctor. He filled them out. Since I was already 3 weeks into this he put down that I would probably be able to return to work in 8-10 weeks. My next visit to him he reffered me to an Orthopedic Specialist.That following Monday I received a letter stating that I was approved for 6 weeks Med Leave. And if I didnt return by the end date (March 29th) that was posted I would be terminated. I called my dispatcher once more. He said that it was policy. I hung up from him and called human resources. The girl that I talked to said the same thing.  The more I thought about it the more I got upset. I grabbed my policy handbook and began investigating. Nowhere in the policy handbook that they hand out does it state that IF AN EMPLOYEE SUBSTAINS AN INJURY WILL IT BE PUT AS FMLA AND/OR MED LEAVE. I called the girl back in Human resources and began my argument process. She said that it was their policy to put employees who are hurt on the job on FMLA and/or Med Leave. When I told her that it was not in the Policy book she said she knows that and not all policies for the company are. I knew then I was working with idiots.My first Ortho appt I told the Doc the time line we had. 6 weeks. He honestly told me that he doubted if I would be ready in 6 weeks but we would try. He ordered an MRI, a Boot and 12 Physical Therapy Visits. Work Comp Ok'd the MRI right off the bat. But it took them 1.5 weeks to OK the Boot and P.T. Now we had 4.5 wks before the dead line. The MRI showed a stressed Nerve Bundle and Very stretched out and irritated tendon. He wrote JB a letter explaining to them the severity of the injury. He also stated that surgery was still going to be an option providing that the Nerves and tendon did not heal correctly. About a week before the dead line I received a letter in the mail from Corporate with a Med Leave Extension Form. They told me to take this to my treating Physician and have him fill it out if more time was going to be needed. I took it to his office, he filled out and his secretary faxed it with me standing there.On April 10, 2010, My P.T. guy asked me if I could drive wearing a sports brace. I told him that I would find out for him. I came home and immediate called Chicago Safety. As I talked to the Safety Director about this issue she told me absolutely not because I could not pass the endurance test that went with the DOT recert. Little did she know I could pass and still can pass the endurance test because those are the excercises that I was doing for P.T. She said nothing about termination. I hung up from her and called my dispatcher and asked him for his fax number. When he asked what for I told him that by law I had to log every visit to the Dr. and P.T. and I needed to fax them to him. It was then I found out that I had been terminated due to the injury. I became IRATE. He then told me that he put me down as a rehire and when I was released by the Doctor to call recruiting and get set up.On Friday, April 30, 2010 I was released to go back to work at full duty. When I got home I called JB's recruiter and she had me all set up to go back. When the scheduler got on the phone he told me that YES I was eligible for rehire but I had to drive for another company for 6 months. When I brought up the fact of the reason for my termination to begin with he said that it wasnt his problem and hung up.Do I have grounds for a lawsuit and if I do, What kind would it be?

Showing 51-75 | Showing Page 3 of 63