LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN PUBLISHING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: lighthouse christian publishing

There may be more reports for "lighthouse christian publishing"

For more results perform a general search for "lighthouse christian publishing"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jul 08 2011
Lighthouse Pools and Spas Tent Sale Without the Sale Sandusky, Ohio
My husband and I have been considering installing a swimming pool and possibly a spa for awhile. We saw an ad on the Litehouse website advertising a Tent Sale at their Sandusky location only. The sales ad boasted clearance pricing on scratch and dent as well as showroom model patio furniture, spas, swimming pools and grills. My husband and I looked at Litehouse stores before and had talked with the sales people about different models of pools as well as spas. Nothing was on sale at that time and we had been waiting for a sale to arise to take advantage of the best price. We called and spoke with an associate who assured us that there were spas marked down by $1000 and a few marked down pools. We drove a hundred miles, expecting to find the great prices that were highlighted in the advertisement. We even arrived just as the sale was opening, hoping to get the best selection. However, we were sadly mistaken when we arrived. There was a tent in their parking lot with only 2 spas, still boxed and wrapped in plastic and a patio table. One spa looked as if it had been used, with white residue all over the inside. There were no swimming pools, grills, or other spas or patio furniture. We went inside, and looked around for awhile at the spas and pool that were inside. We were soon approached by a sales guy asking what we were looking for. We started with the pool and immediately he  began trying to sell us the model that was in the showroom with all of the bells and whistles. While Litehouse claims that their prices include delivery and installation, that is not the case. It is added on seperately and not discounted. After listening to the salesman's speech about the pool, my husband asked where the pools from the Tent Sale were. The salesman said that they had last year's 15 and 18 models whose boxes were damaged, but they were in the back and kept pushing for us to take the larger pool, reitterating that it was a great deal. We knew from our previous trips to another Litehouse location, that the price he had given us was the retail price and that it was not a sales price. We left the store to have a second look at the spas that were outside under the tent. One was clearly damaged, but neither had prices. My husband went back into the store, where he was informed that those were both new models priced at $6999. And, that they did have one scratch and show room model of a completely different spa, again in the back (stock room) which was discounted $1000. For such a big sale, there really was nothing marked down or on sale. Everything seemed to be regular price, or only discounted 20% at the most. Maybe they really did have scratch and dent models that they were hiding in the back. But they were not for sale apparently. So, this Un-Tent Sale was nothing more than a ploy to get people into their store.
Entity: Sandusky, Ohio
Dec 09 2011
Lighthouse Financial Group Buyer Be Warned, SCAM ARTISTS!!!! Norridge, Illinois
I had heard many radio ads about this company for a long time. Eventually found myself in a desperate situation trying to put myself through college on top of everything else. So,  I took out a loan against my car title, and being a bit naive, did not fully read the agreement. The principal amount was $3400, monthly payments at $450. Again, being in a very desperate situation I agreed to it. I made the first few payments with no problems but then, life happened. I was out of work and hospitalized for a short time due to an illness and was two weeks late on a payment. Little did I know that after just 14 days, they send your file out for collections. Well, my first day back to work I received a call from someone identifying himself as 'Investigator Daniels' and he was calling to work with me to arrange a time that they could come get my car as a voluntary repossession and I can talk to the finance company about getting it back, or if I try to hide from them they will find me because they will get the Sheriff's office involved as an attempt to defraud a finance group and make my life a living h*ll. So in believing him, I was willing to do what I needed to do, pay the rest of the loan off and get my car back. That's when the nightmare actually started. This company got away with so much extra money it should be a crime against them. Not only did I have to pay the initial principal of $3400, I also had to pay $450 for the payment that was missed, another $260 for interest on late fees, and a b.s. charge of $22.50 for postage, for a grand total of $4200. Not to mention another $600 just to get my car out from the storage yard. SO, this company made about $2000 in monthly payments that I made, on top of the $800 they charged over what I initially borrowed to begin with. And they got their money back.  Companies that do things like this should not be allowed to do business with their intent to scam consumers instead of actually helping them with their financial needs. This company is crap. At the end of the day, I have learned many lessons from this experience but only hope that they soon get what they deserve for ripping people off the way they do.
Entity: Norridge, Illinois
Dec 10 2011
Lighthouse Financial Group Buyer Be Warned, SCAM ARTISTS!!!! Norridge, Illinois
I had heard many radio ads about this company for a long time. Eventually found myself in a desperate situation trying to put myself through college on top of everything else. So,  I took out a loan against my car title, and being a bit naive, did not fully read the agreement. The principal amount was $3400, monthly payments at $450. Again, being in a very desperate situation I agreed to it. I made the first few payments with no problems but then, life happened. I was out of work and hospitalized for a short time due to an illness and was two weeks late on a payment. Little did I know that after just 14 days, they send your file out for collections. Well, my first day back to work I received a call from someone identifying himself as 'Investigator Daniels' and he was calling to work with me to arrange a time that they could come get my car as a voluntary repossession and I can talk to the finance company about getting it back, or if I try to hide from them they will find me because they will get the Sheriff's office involved as an attempt to defraud a finance group and make my life a living hell. So in believing him, I was willing to do what I needed to do, pay the rest of the loan off and get my car back. That's when the nightmare actually started. This company got away with so much extra money it should be a crime against them. Not only did I have to pay the initial principal of $3400, I also had to pay $450 for the payment that was missed, another $260 for interest on late fees, and a b.s. charge of $22.50 for postage, for a grand total of $4200. Not to mention another $600 just to get my car out from the storage yard. SO, this company made about $2000 in monthly payments that I made, on top of the $800 they charged over what I initially borrowed to begin with. And they got their money back.Companies that do things like this should not be allowed to do business with their intent to scam consumers instead of actually helping them with their financial needs. This company is crap. At the end of the day, I have learned many lessons from this experience but only hope that they soon get what they deserve for ripping people off the way they do.
Entity: Norridge, Illinois
Oct 25 2012
Lighthouse Automotive, LLC Rylan Blair, owner dishonest mechanic in Colorado Springs, Colorado
This is a really long report, so I apologize for taking up your time...but I hope it can save you some money and frustration! We recently moved to Colorado Springs, and were in need of some repairs for our Altima, which was making a rattling noise we'd never heard before.  After taking our other vehicle (Sequoia) to Lighthouse Automotive for a pre-purchase inspection, as requested by the buyer, we made an appointment to take our Altima in...because the owner seemed to have a mom and pop type shop, seemed to do a good job with the pre-purchase inspection on the Sequoia, and he had given us a $25 gift card towards the Altima (looking back, this was just the first step in sucking us in!). They offered a shuttle service, which was great, since we sold our Sequoia and were down to one vehicle.  I drove to the shop with our 2 young kids, and then Rylan (the owner) rode back with us to our house and then drove our car back to the shop.  He listed off a couple of things that could be causing the rattling noise, while we stood in the driveway listening to it.   He called later that day and said that they thought the rattling was caused by worn/cracked motor mounts (which I was telling him that I had found that when I googled symptoms of the car)...I asked if he could email us an estimate of what it would cost to replace the motor mounts...he said he'd rather just call and tell me.  I googled Altima motor mounts and found prices ranging from about $60 to $100 each.  He called and said the estimate was $924 for parts and labor (including the $105 diagnostic charge)...minus the $25 gift card, which would be $899 total.  My husband and I agreed to have the work done. Rylan called after they replaced 3 motor mounts, and said the rattling was still there, but it was a different sound.  Then he proceeded to say that they thought it was the tensioner, so they put a new tensioner on, and the sound was still there (we didn't authorize the tensioner replacement, they just did it)...and that the technician was 60% sure the rattling was coming from the alternator.  I asked how much it would cost for the motor mounts, tensioner, and alternator...and was quoted $1600, and they'd do a headlight polishing for free.  (trying to suck me in again)   My husband called and said we'll just pick up the car, and only pay for the motor mounts (we planned to just take it somewhere else, since they couldn't figure it out).  I googled the problem another time and found something about the belt on the tensioner being to long from the factory, so when my husband went to pick up the car, he showed them the information that I found, and they installed that size belt.  He said the total was $1105, since they installed a new tensioner...my husband questioned this, and Rylan said that they could put the old tensioner back on, while my husband waited (he didn't want them touching the car anymore, and when he looked at the old tensioner, it was in need of replacement--but it was the fact that they just installed it without our approval).   My husband paid the $1105 bill and drove our car home.  It didn't sound any different from before they worked on it. I was driving it on a level stretch of road, after pulling out of a parking lot, and I noticed that it was still moving without pushing on the accelerator...I kept my foot off the pedal and the car drove at 15mph for about a quarter of a mile!  When I got home, I put it in park and noticed that the RPM's held steady at about 1.5.  This was not happening AT ALL before taking it to Lighthouse Automotive. So now, our car still rattled, we just paid $1105...and it was revving when it hadn't done that before!   I called Rylan to express my disgust with his business and my dissatisfaction with the repair service we got for our Altima.  I said that we would like a partial refund, as we felt we were taken advantage of...and he asked if we'd bring the car back in so he could check out the revving (and the check engine light was on, when it never had been before, but now we think that was caused by the mechanic before Lighthouse Auto).  He said he would ask his technician what he thinks would cause that, but he was in the hospital and not there at the moment, he has heart problems... I thought Rylan was an ASE certified mechanic??  I said that we'd never bring our car back to him again, that we have another person looking at it, and he just kept saying he'd love to know what that person finds... I said that I planned to file a report to the BBB, and he proceeded to tell me how the process would work (implying that it's lengthy), and that we could just avoid that because he could write me a check to refund the diagnostic charge of $105.  He said that I could stop by to get the check (still don't have a car, it's at another mechanic!)...and I said no, he can mail it to me.  He asked if I was going to file a report with the BBB, and I said I would decide with my husband after we receive our refund.  (He brags about his A+ rating with the BBB.  There is one complaint from a month ago...but you can read what it said, as it was resolved.)  We finally tracked down a GOOD mechanic and had him look at it.  He told us that 2 of the motor mounts did NOT need to be replaced, and the rattling was due to a bad water pump.  He said we also needed a new radiator cap, and a new battery (which Lighthouse Auto had never mentioned).  He said if we would've taken the car to him first, we could've had it running well for about $300-400! Rylan has been calling our house for the last 3 days (since our phone conversation), without leaving a message, and today finally left a message saying he just wanted to check and see what the other mechanic found out with our car, and that he put a check in the mail.  I did receive the check for the diagnostic.  We will be taking the 2 motor mounts back to his shop (we had the other mechanic put the old ones back on, as they were fine), and requesting our money back for those 2 parts (which were each over $100, and didn't need to be), plus the labor to install them...as it was unnecessary and we shouldn't have been charged for that.   Thank goodness my husband said he wanted the old parts back when Rylan asked him!  He said Rylan looked a little surprised when he said that he'd take the old parts...I wonder why?  Probably because then we'd see that he suckered us into 2 really expensive parts (and labor) that weren't needed! Please, don't believe all of the good reviews on their website...5 of the 8 are all from the EXACT same date: Dec. 17, 2011...weird, that people would all leave their own personal reviews on the exact same date.  I truly believe it is the owner typing up fake reviews to have on his website.  You'll find a few unhappy customer reviews on google...where they can't be deleted.  And there is only 1 complaint to BBB about them...probably because people just run far, far away and don't look back...they don't take the time to file the necessary complaints!   I just hope future potential customers of Lighthouse Automotive will read this before taking their car to this shop!  We don't want anyone else to get taken advantage of, the way we did...
Entity: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Dec 04 2012
31, Report #1062029
Jun 25 2013
Lighthouse Recovery and Associates Bottom Feeders Denver Colorado
These bottom feeders have been calling for a year to collect a debt owed by a Michael Martinez.  Never heard of the guy, but that doesn't stop these low lifes.  They call around 20 times a day.  Why they call my phone number I haven't a clue.  The caller ID shows all sorts of bogus numbers that they use.  No way to stop them or slow them down.
Entity: Denver, Colorado
Mar 21 2013
Lighthouse Recovery Associates Illegal debt collection tactics Centennial, Colorado
I've been receiving AUTOMATED phone messages from these guys for the last month or so.  I called them back requesting that they mail me the information in regards to the reason they are calling for.  The lady on the phone told me that if I don't get my debt paid right away, they will call my RELATIVES and my EMPLOYER.  I replied that she is not allowed to do that.  She hung up the phone right away.  Note that I have not had any credit cards for the past 7 years so any statute of limitations have passed.
Jun 28 2016
Local Lighthouse Appearance, promises are deceiving. Beware. No guarantees and very diff to cancel. Tustin California
Local Lighthouse initial sales call promoted Google and promised to get us on the first page listing by creating a website using key words.  Sales rep stated that Local Lighthouse would be very involved in promoting our company. He promised that at any time he could be reached and would personally be involved. He also promised that a facebook page would be maintained. I have called Brandon many times since and have left messages, but calls are never returned. Start up costs are $200 per month for six months.  Once signed up, regardless of satisfaction, there are no cancellations until the six months are up.   During the six months, we were never on the first page of Google.  If we used their exact key words and only those words, we might find our page on Bing or Yahoo, but that is only if their wording is used.  A general search will not bring up our company. Regardless, we signed up with the intent of getting on Google, not others. As for facebook, they opened a fb page, but never maintained or promoted it.  The six months have passed, and I've tried to cancel.  They will not take cancellations through email or voicemail.  You must cancel over the phone.  Phone wait times average 45 minutes.  When I finally did contact Allison, she convinced me to try one more month and promised to add us into a Deluxe Audit Program to make a full review and increase visibility.  I foolishly agreed. The month has passed and there have been no changes.  Now the due date has passed, and she does not return phone calls.  Even though I've sent countless emails and voicemails stating that I want to cancel, the account is still active.   To all those believing the promise of getting on the first page of Google, beware.  Don't trust.  Don't believe. It's perhaps the worst investment we have ever made.
Entity: Tustin , California
Jun 29 2016
Local Lighthouse Google Optimization Scam - Say they work for Google!!!! Tustin CA
Received a call today that started out with a recording saying that they are calling from Google and have been trying to reach me about claiming my google information.  Kept listening to the recording because we've been working with Google to resolve some issues regarding our business address.  A woman came on the phone and said that they would be giving us 10 keywords and guaranteeing 1st page placement on Google, Yahoo and Bing for only $99/month.  I asked where she was calling from because I was under the impression that it was Google and she said that, yes, we work for Google and provide SEO for mom & pop businesses like yours to guarantee that your company will show up on the 1st page within 30-90 days of starting your membership with us...we also work on keeping you on the 1st page for the entirety of your membership with us.  I asked her how they could do that when Google AdWords is much more expensive on a monthly basis and she explained that because we are experts in what we do...it is all that we do and we are able to get you there.  She didn't answer my question, just says that they guarantee it.  She sent me an e-mail with a contract attached that had the breakdown in fees and also said she would send another e-mail with her contact information (I never received that e-mail).  This is a complete scam!!!  Beware!!!
Entity: Tustin, Select State/Province
Jun 16 2016
local lighthouse lie, diseptive, ruud tustin California Nationwide
This company promised me first page placement on Google yelp yahoo and bing in three months or less or its free. I never got anywhere near first page and they refused to give me anything for free instead the manager argued with me for over an hour using every excuse Under the Sun including blaming me for my placement. They initially told me they were voted number one seo company three years in a row. They're just trying to get a setup fee and a monthly income off of believers like me. I've called up to complain about my placement and I've even been hung up on. This company should be put out of business before they wind up taking innocent people's money trying to make it in the bizness world
Entity: Nationwide
Aug 01 2014
Rosny Belizaire wells fargo lighthouse point ROSNY BELIZAIRE Stole over $700.00 from my account lighthouse point Florida
ROSNY BELIZAIRE Stole of $700.00. refused to give me the money and then he took the cash for himself. He is a liar and a crook. do not let this happen to you. stay clear of this bank and furthermore ROSNY BELIZAIRE. This man should be behind bars.
Entity: lighthouse point, Florida
Jun 04 2015
Lighthouse Management liars, cheats, thieves and total parasites Goodyear Arizona
Lighthouse Management is a company that manages HOA activities. They are the tail that wags the dog. They charge a homeowner $5.00 to send you an email. They constantly patrol the neighborhood looking for things to be wrong. A $250.00 fine for a weed or two, another $250.00 fine for grass in your landscape rocks. All the while 50% of the common areas look like crap.Enforcement of the CC& R's is a hit and miss, I call it selective enforcement based on who you are or who you know. Street parking is a violation but they never tag anyone for it.this management company partners with the sleaziest law firms in Arizona, Brown Olcott, PLLC and Shaw & Lines, LLC. Do yourself a favor and Google these law firms you'll be shocked.If they don't like what you have to say or they don't want to answer you they will make up a bogus cease and desist letter or refuse your emails and demand you to put everything in writing via snail mail. Phone calls and emails go unanswered. Frankly, I've never been treated with such contempt in my life.They have zero business acumen and seem thrive on litigation. What the HOA and management company have forgotten is homeowners put large amounts of money down on their dream homes and make substantial monthly mortgage payments all to be disenfranchised buy a few inept individuals. Additionally the homeowners pay lighthouse management's wages, but based on year at their attitude you wouldn't think so. I find the attitudes of the employees of lighthouse management appalling. The owners name is Leanne Rye. The Vice President is Christopher McGuire. Community Manager is Ms. Cassy Gouer and the Accounting Manager (who won't accept emails) is Ms. Jennie Arana. Ms. Arana sent me a letter refusing to accept any further emails from me, I found the latter both humorous and alarming considering I never sent her an email in my life. This is just one small example of the manipulation that goes on. Based on my perception of the constant surveillance the selective enforcement of the CC&R's, the outrageous fines for petty infractions, the lies,conniving and backstabbing how can one feel comfortable in the dream home I worked so hard to acquire. Shame on the HOA and Lighthouse Management for allowing this to happen in our community..
Entity: Goodyear, Arizona
Apr 29 2017
Lighthouse Nursing Agency Lindsey INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS BE READY TO BE SCAMMED AND CHEATED. Perry Georgia
DUE TO THE RIGHT OF FREE SPEECH I WILL TELL WHATS REALLY GOING ON. PEOPLE STAY HUSH HUSH AND SELFISHLY LEAVE OTHERS TO THE SAME DOWN FALL. DO NOT WORK HERE! SCAMMERS! THEY RECENTLY GAVE SOME OF THE NURSES A FOUR DOLLAR RAISE BUT WOULDNT GIVE EVERYONE A RAISE. BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEAK ABOUT IT OR YOU WILL BE BANNED. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS GET ASSIGNMENTS AND PAY BASED ON HOW MUCH THEY LIKE YOU. NO PROFESSIONALISM REQUIRED. THEY ARE CRUEL THE MORE YOU HUSTLE AND LIE THE BETTER THEY LIKE YOU. FOR SOME INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS INSTEAD OF GIVING A RAISE THEY TAKE MORE FEES OUT! FAVORITISM ON ASSIGNMENTS. TOO MUCH TO GET INTO. I WILL CREATE A BLOG ON ALL THE NASTINESS THAT ACTUALLY GOES ON. BUT WHAT I CAN TELL YOU IS THERE IS A LOT OF FEMALE CATTY GAMES PLAYED. (WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT WITH AN ALL FEMALE STAFF. SORRY, NO BOYS ALLOWED TO WORK THE OFFICES:( THIS SMALL BUSINESS PLACED IN THE LAP OF SOMEONE LIKE LINDSEY COURTESY OF DADDY. LIGHTHOUSE DO NOT PAY OVERTIME BUT THEY- COLLECT OVERTIME PAY. WAIT! YOU MIGHT GET COMPENSATED CORRECTLY... IF YOU ARE ONE OF LINDSEY FAVORITE PETS...IT TAKES TIME TO RIGHT THE WRONGS. BUT THE BALL IS ROLLING. TO BE CONTINUED...CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OF UNPAID OVERTIME WAGES.
Entity: Perry, Georgia
Jun 01 2017
Lighthouse moving INC Legion express inc SCAMMERS!! Chicago Illinois
 I completely agree with other person who reported this company. I was quoted one price by Walter and then when same movers showed up they doubled the price!! I ended up getting it to $500 over the original quote then it took almost 2 weeks to get My things. They guys driving the truck claimed it broke down and they got in an accident on the way...total bs. Very unprofessional, just put boxes anywhere not in correct rooms and did not set anything up as promised. I have attempted to call Walter several times but of course no answer or return call.
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
Jul 10 2017
Lighthouse Moving Chicago Legion's Express This company lied! Horrible moving company and worst moving experience! Chicago Nationwide
We had to move cross country from Chicago to Denver.  I researched moving companies and stumbled upon a website that found multiple diferent moving companies and brokers.  They reached out to me through phone calls and emails.  One of the companies that called me was Lighthouse Moving-  Walter.  He called me numerous times and explained to me that Lighthouse moving was not a moving broker and that they had their own trucks and that they are the best in the industry.   He gave me a brief over the phone estimate and also agreed to send in one of his co workers to give me an in home estimate which I agreed.  The in home estimate was good and accurate.  Walter called me to follow up- even on a Saturday.  He was a very good sales person.  We needed all our stuff to arrive on the 21st of June in Denver.  I specifically asked Walter how much time he needed to make our date and when they would be able to come and pick up all our stuff from our house in Chicago.  He told me that if they pick it up on the 14th of June we would get it by the 21st.   I recieved a formal quote through email from Walter.  On the quote in bold letters on the fron of the quote it said WE ARE NOT A MOVING BROKER.  I agreed to the price and gave them my credit card with a $500 depost and was told that I have to pay cash or a certified check or cashiers check for half when they pick up our stuff and the remainder when they arrive.  This was a little sketchy and should have been a big warning but when I questioned it Walter told me that their credit card company charges them a larger fee that he would have to pass on to me.   I went ahead with this.  On the 14th 2 men showed up and went through all our stuff and started loading it on the truck.  The price that they quoted me was the same price that they had me sign a contract for.  The main guy/forman had me sign an official contract with each boxed nubered and all our information and a date of the 21st on it for earliest arrival.  I questioned what this meant and he said that we shouldn't worry and that we are giving them plenty of time - almost 1 full week and that they would get our stuff by the 21st or the next day.  He even made it sound like he might be the one driving out the truck and that we were in good hands.  I didn't look specifically through the contract - my mistake but the foreman flew through it and made me initial and sign a bunch of spots.  So far so good I thought.   June 20th- I tried calling Lighthouse Moving to see when they would be arriving with our stuff the next day.   No response from anyone in the office.  I called multiple extensions and even emailed-  no response.  I went through my cell history and found the numbers of the guys that came to move our stuff- I believe his name was Tony.  I explained the situation and he said that our stuff was just loaded on a truck that morning.  WHAT?  He said that he didn't know anything more but would get the foreman to call me and get more details.  I didn't get a call from anyone that day.  The next day we were waiting and had the whole day open expecting our stuff to come. No answer.  Again I called probably over 10 times and left numbers VM and emails no response.  I called Tony again and he told me to call the forman Gregory. Gregory told me that our stuff was on a truck and it was on the way out but he couldn't give me an exact date or time and that the offices were moving and they didn't have any phones or computers set up and he couldn't get a hold of Walter.  Still no idea of when our stuff was going to arrive.  I did not get a call from Walter untill 3 days later after not hearing from anyone about where our stuff was or or any idea of when it would arrive.  He told me same story about their offices moving and that he would get back to me and that the drivers truck broke down and he would let me know.  I didn't hear back from him and still have not heard back from him since.  What kind of person does this?  He should not be working for this company or any other company.  To not even have the decency to call someone back for over 3 weeks now?   Since we drove from Chicago to Denver and go there on the 20th thinking all our stuff was going to be there on the 21st we did not pack too much in our cars.  That was a mistake... We were stuck with our bare minimum without any idea of where our stuff was and had to rent a hotel room for 3 nights and sleep in sleeping bags on the floor for over 10 days!  Our new person to contact was not Walt anymore but Gregory the foreman that was at our house and gave us a in home estimate.  I called Gregory numerous times throughout the week of June 22-28 and still could not get an answer of where our stuff was or when we could expect it.  He said that our contract we signed gave them up to 14 business days to deliver our stuff from the first avialble date the 21st.  They lied right to our faces when they said they would deliver on that day.  Walt lied and Gregory lied.   The worst lie and part of all this is that we got a call from the driver on Wednesday saying they were going to arrive on Thursday June 29th.  The driver didn't have any specifics or reason for being late and said he would be there to unload and that we needed to pay them the rest of the balance.  Expecting them to show up on Thursday.  I got a call on Thursday morning from the driver now saying he got backed up and that they were going to be there Friday the 30th in the moring.   This was just so frustrating now my wife had to take off work as I couldn't and our stuff was a week and half later then what they told us they would get it to us.   It gets even worst!  When the truck arrived to unload our stuff it was in a huge semi truck with a bunch of other loads.  I asked the drivers to see the DOT information and what company they were with.  They did not provide it and said the work with lighthouse moving.  I looked up their DOT information off their truck.  It was a completely different moving trucking and brokerage company!  Lighthouse outscourced our freight to another company!  I asked them about the broken truck which they had no idea.  It was a huge scam.  They wanted all the cash upfront before even moving anything.  I told them we would give half and the remainder of the half after we see and get all our stuff.  The wouldn't do anything or move anything  unless we gave them cash in hands. We had no other choice. I called the office to try to speak to Walt- of course no anser.  I called Gregory the forman and he was upste with me because I questioned the delivery guys truck and also didn't want to pay them the full amount up front.  When I asked why they lied about not brokering out our freight he had no answer and said all moving companies do this   DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!  They lied to our faces.  Walt never called or responded to a single email or voicemail I left.  They broker out the freight and who knows how long it takes.  The quote vs the contract they have you sign is a the biggest bait and switch.  They pretty much hung us out to dry for almost 2 weeks without our stuff and then claimed we had no right to be mad or upset and that it was standard.  No ethics, no customer service or anything.   I see horrible reviews now and wish I saw them before as well. DO NOT USE THEM.
Entity: Nationwide
Nov 26 2008
Bikram Yoga Lighthouse Point Dr. Lan Phan is an imposter and a rip-off Lighthouse Point Florida
I had been a loyal student to Bikram Yoga Lighthouse Point for 2 years. I informed the owner Dr. Lan Phan that I was going out of town. When I returned she told me that my sessions had expired that I had spent over $300 on. She said that I would have to buy more classes in order to re activate my existing classes! I don't think thats very Yogi like. Now I understand that Miss Phan has been hiring non-certified instructors to teach yoga classes which is not only dangerous but is in violation of her agreement with Bikram Yoga. No wonder her studio is no longer on the Bikram Yoga website. So I am glad to say I am happy to be taking real Bikram Yoga at an affiliated studio with only Bikram certified instructors. If you are looking for a great yoga class go to www.bikramyoga.com and find an affiliated studio in your area. Jay Boca Raton, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Boca Raton, Florida
Jan 09 2013
Readers Svcs Scam Lighthouse Point , Florida
Let's start with we ARE on the National Do Not Call list. Have been for a long time.   This company cold called my BF back in Oct 2012. Gave him a spiel about winning a $200 gift card but he had to order magazines for 3 payments of 39.99.  Then he finds out that the payments were 20 payments at 49.90 ($998). He has tried to cancel and they refused.  Now they are threatening to ruin his credit, sue for the $998 and garnish any wages.    I found out about them today and looked them up online only to find a lot of complaints against them for the same thing.  I have filed a complaint with the State Atty General's office, Federal Do Not Call Registry with the FTC and the BBB today, as well as our bank (all today).  I called them up and told them to stop calling my numbers. This is my factual testimony.
Entity: Lighthouse Point, Florida
Jul 15 2011
Lighthouse Recovery Associates Unauthorized request for credit report claiming to be offering new line of credit. Centennial, Colorado
Today I recieved an email from Trans Union about an alert that was posted to my credit report. So I logged in and in the alert section there was a request for a copy of my credit report. I discovered that it was made by a company named Lighthouse R. As I kept reading there is a disclosure statement as to who, why and what a Hard Inquiry is. The following is what it states. Hard InquiryReported on 2/22/2011 by TransUnion Company: LIGHTHOUSE R Date: Company Phone: 3038001661 Company Address: 6880 S YOSEMITE CT SUITE 100 CENTENNIAL , CO 80112 Alert Reported by TransUnionWhat is a Hard Inquiry?A Hard Inquiry occurs when a company requests a copy of your Credit Report with your consent to open a new account in your name. Hard Inquiries usually have a negative impact on your credit rating and remain on your Credit Report for two years. A Soft Inquiry, which does not impact your credit rating, occurs when you look at your own Credit Report or when a company tries to pre-approve you as part of a marketing effort. What do I do now?If you believe that the information listed above is in anyway inaccurate, please contact the Dispute Center immediately. Here is the problem....I did NOT give my consent to have anyone pull a copy of my credit report. I am not looking to open a new line of credit anywhere. Of course TransUnion probably didn't bother to check this company before they released my credit information. Or better yet Lighthouse R is actually Lighthouse Recovery Associates and they have probably committed fraud by claiming to be doing an inquiry for purposes of opening a new line of credit. I have learned that this company is a fraud and now they have my credit information thanks to TransUnion. Any suggestions as how to handle this??
44, Report #195199
Jun 07 2006
REC WAREHOUSE - LIGHTHOUSE REC. WAREHOUSE DOES IT AGAIN BAIT AND SWITCH BAYPORT SPA HOT TUB $699. ripoff LIGHTHOS POINT Florida
Friday of mimorial day weekend I saw a ad on tv for a mimorial day sale at rec wharehouse. 4 days friday through monday.. I could not catch the phone or address so I went on the web and copies there full color ad, and address and phone showing a picture and name of the bayport spa / hot tub for $699. The ad looked too good to be true. 8 years ago I was in the business and I could not buy this tub foe that low price. I drove about 3 miles to the nice new store. Must have been 15,000 sq ft. with 10 or 15 tubs/spas on display some for $5000. I walked around and finally asked a young fellow/salesman, showing him the ad, where the hot tub was. He took me to the back of the display of tubs and said this is the one. I asked if they delivered and he said $75. He said he would be right back. I waited 4 or 5 minuets and went up to the front counter and he was sitting on a chair resting. I asked him if he could help me and he came back to the tub. He comfirmed the size and told me the cover for the tub was $299. and delivery $75. And it came with a start up kit of chemicals. I said I would take it , and followed him up to the counter. The salesman started talking to an older man and the conversation was heated. When that saw me looking they went in the office and closed the door. 2 minuets later the older man came out and looked at me and said so you want to buy a hot tub let me show you some. I said I wanted the $699 one. He started with, you know the tub is 699 and the cover is $299 and the delivery is $150 and the start up kit is $50. I said I wanted the tub for $699 and would pick it up with out the cover or kit or delivery charge. The second salesman older guy said I will be right back and came back with the heavy hitter store assistant manager name craig. Craig looked at me and said so you want to buy a hot tub. I said yes the $600 one with out any of the extras and i will pick it up. He said ok but first, look at this heater unit. It is not efficiant. It will cost you $69. a month for electric. Now if you buy this other tub for $1100 it will only cost you $20 a month for electric and comes with a starter kit and cover. I said it would not fit. Give me this one. Craig the assistant manager than went over to the tub, opened the door and said, oooooggggg, this tub is missing the filter cover, it is incomplete so I can sell it to you. I said go in the back to the parts dept and get a new filter cover and filter and screw it on. We dont have one. He calles out to the other employees and yelled out does any one know whare this filter cover is and they all shook their heads. I said take one off the other tub of the same model but upgraded and pointed to a tub 20 ft away. No that one will not fit. So where do we go from here. Sell me the tub as is. I can't do that. So what. Craig said write the order up give the salesman the money and I will order a new one for you. How long will that take? Oh about 6 to 10 weeks. I said i knew you were not going to part with this tub. This is bait and switch. You guys are false advertising and walked out of the store. Please investigate. Thank you. Joseph p bilarczyk brick, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: LIGHTHOS POINT, Florida
Jul 17 2010
PREFERRED LONG DISTANCE, LIGHTHOUSE COMMUNICATIONS AL ROACH, PEAK LONG DISTANCE SLAMMERS/SCUMBAGS/THIEVES AND LIARS Las Vegas, Nevada
The people who run this operation; Al The HobbIt Roach, and Dave Roach are thieves and no good scumbags. The main scumbag Al Roach, he took over the boiler room operation after his brother Joe died and from what most of the sales emplyees are saying to us is that he hasnt a clue of how to run a sales operation and what is illegal activities are now taking place under his nose. He is running an illegal boiler room operation filled with about 60 people calling people at home and slamming them with a bogus and high priced and  long distance service.  He also has a business to business operation  under  the same roof called Preferred long Distance, they call AT&T business customers/owners and then pitch them that the AT&T plan theyre on is too expensive and telling them lies  and then slamming them. The funny thing about this operation is they are also so called agents to sell the AT&T Winback Program. We have already sent a couple people in to check them out. They are completely illegal all the way through from how they pay their sales reps to how they pitch the various long distance programs. From the information we have gathered from the employees that are still there hopefully this operation will not be around much longer the FCC has already been notified and is now talking to some of their sales employees that have been there for  awhile. GOOGLE THEM AND YOU FIND MANY MANY COMLAINTS FILED ON HOW THEY RIP OFF PEOPLE AND COMPANIES. THE ACTUAL LONG DISTANCE CARRIRES LIKE PREFERRED LONG DISTANCE IS AWARE OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING. IF YOU GET A CALL FROM ANY OF THESE LONG DISTANCE SLAMMERS HANG UP  IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE RESIDENTS OR BUSINESSES THAT HAS BEEN LISLED AND LIED TO THEN YOU ARE URGED TO CONTACT  THE FCC AND FILE A COMPLAINT.
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
Dec 11 2009
Lighthouse Financial Group of Illinois, Inc. Unethical People, Ripp-Off Interest Rate 244% Joliet, Illinois
I obtained an auto title loan for $1,145.00 7-20-09.  I lost my job 8-1-09.  I made (2) monthly payments (August and September) of $253.70. When I couldn't make my payment in September the loan went into default  and I am required to pay an additional 60% per month. (Yes I signed the contract.  I was desparate so I didn't read the terms of the loan continually.) Now I want to pay them by selling the vehicle, but according to the terms of the loan THE AMOUNT I OWE INCREASES BY $100.00 PER DAY. AND TODAY I OWE THEM $2,200.00 A 100% ROI FOR THESE CROOKS! This company is unethical because they will not work with me because they continue to raise their fees.
Entity: Joliet, Illinois
Mar 18 2009
Lighthouse Media Productions stole id and there is no 2257 regulation rules posted on their site Sacramento California
I was contacted via cell phone by a illegitimate attorney via voice messaging stating that if I slander lighthouse media that I will be sued and that I will lose the case and will have to pay $100,000 in fees and would lose my home, my car, my job. I contacted them stating that they have no attorney and to stop sending me threatening messages. They still to this day do not have the 2257 Regulations Law stated on their site whatsoever. This so called lawyer did not leave a name, nor a phone number. Danyelle H MINOT, North DakotaU.S.A.
Entity: Sacramento, California
Jun 27 2016
Local Lighthouse Tustin internet marketing and seo scam. lying and subverssive marketing techniques Tustin california
Local Light house scam These bunch of clowns keep calling my business line over and over again. My secretary fileded about 4 calls from them today and their robo dialer. They do this about 3 times a week. I normally would never post on a forum like this but at this point they have left me no option.I figured that if I listened to the sales man and told him I was un interested he would leave me alone. So I listened to Jeremy who sounded more like a used car salesman than anything. He tried to use his jargon but when asked direct questions about time line and results would always cower. I listened to his pitch for 20 mins and told him I was unintrested and please remove me from the list. He then proceeded to get very agressive. I saw your website is already garbage I don't want to do business with people like you who ask questions...I really hope that this guy is just a salesman and not some sort of management. After telling me why I was an idiot for not doing business with him he hung up on me....it doesnt end there however. No more than 20 minutes later my phone rang again and JESSICA A GOOGLE PLACES EXPERT HAD IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ME it's like come on guys get your act together. The same robo call 20 minutes after I hung up....jump in a lake....
Entity: Select State/Province
Jul 16 2013
Lighthouse Youth Center I recommend that you find another alternative. In theory and presentation; it was a wonderful solution for my son Grayson. Chicago Illinois
I recommend that you find another alternative. In theory and presentation; it was a wonderful solution for my son Grayson. However, Grayson is shy and was reluctant to to participate in the dance program. So after I had paid all of the tuition and he had only attended for 8 days; I was told that he was not allowed to attend the camp any longer, there were no refunds and thank you very much! Unbelievable! This is supposed to be a Christian organization. I was not the only parent notified either, so the organization is funding itself with non reimbursable funds from parents of normal/NOT PERFECT children. On the other hand a wonderful Pastor Clark at St Marks Lutheran Church on 88th St and Langley was happy to work with me, love my child and allow him to be in a safe, loving environment at a very good rate. Be blessed all! Thank you Pastor Clark!!!
Entity: Chicago, Illinois
May 10 2014
Footprints daycare Footprints lighthouse point, school, Bonnie Rubin pupils ALWAYS dialated. Drug addicts running daycare. Scammers. Bonnie Rubin bagelstein lighthouse point Florida
I stopped bringing my son there. The owner Bonnie Rubin and her daughter Dana Breslow are very bad drug addicts.  The daughter Dana Raccoon eyes Breslow is always sick, pupils dialated from cocaine use and has sores on her body.....nasty!  teeth rotten out  yuck!!   The mom is rarely there.  she is there to collect fees and more fees lol.  She is always high on coke.....just look at her eyes......pupils as small as pins.  the police are always there.  even the workers there are high/junkies.  the workers take the bus to work and dont even have degrees.  some come from halfway houses.  I hope they close this place down before some kid gets hurt!
Entity: lighthouse point, Florida