LOAN MODIFICATION Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: loan modification

There may be more reports for "loan modification"

For more results perform a general search for "loan modification"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 17 2011
Legal Home Loan Solutions Loan Modification Rip Off Artist Jupiter, Florida
Legal Home Loan Solutions guarantees you will qualify for your Home Modification plan, and charges $2500.00 for an up front charge. When my loan was submitted to Chase, Chase denied it stating I never had at least 60 days late. Legal Home Loan Solutions lied to me up front, stating I qualified. I found out later a Home Modification was free. Go directly to your Mortgage Lender, it's free.
Entity: Jupiter, Florida
Oct 18 2010
Legal home loan solutions Loan modification fraud fraud Jupiter, Florida
RIP OFF by Thomas C Matevia , the law office , Legal home loan solutions Juipter , Florida. I signed up with this office to get help with loan modification after receiving repeated marketing calls and promised me reduction in principle and interest rate  . After paying upfront fee $ 3100 refundable they started the process with my lender.Then after six months my lender denied my loan modification request.  Now it is my turn to call this office everyday to get my money back.no one responding to my calls and emails.it is totally SCAM SCAM by thomas c matevia ' s office. It is my  mistake that i did not google about this office.After looking about this office in internet I realized first - they are not suppose to collect any upfront fee by the law and even if they collected they should return the fee if the modification was not done by lender. watch out for loan modification fraud by legal home loan solutions , never pay any upfront fee....
Entity: Jupiter, Florida
Aug 20 2009
FIRST FRANKLIN HOME LOAN SERVICES Refuse to process loan modification Internet
We have been trying to modify our mortgage for over a year now. Initially we tried to get on a repayment plan to catch up. We were told First Franklin would not accept partial payments. We started out 3 months behind and when they finally took a payment it was 6 months behind. We have made a payment and a third every month for almost 10 months. They only apply the third of the payment every 3 months..so they sit on it and collect interest. We began the modification process May 18, since then we have faxed 6 sets of pay stubs and 3 sets of the modification paperwork. We got confirmation that it was being processed then when the 30 days would come they would request a new set of pay stubs. The staff is rude and the supervisors are no help. They put the loan into foreclosure status so that we can't even refi with a reputable lender. Twice in the past year they have not applied payments then said we didn't make the payment..we provided proof then it was fixed. One month they even attempted to take out 2 payments..then said we missed a payment. We are exahausted with the incompetence and ignorance! Please feel free to email me with any suggestions (((ROR REDACTED))) Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Table Normal; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:Calibri,sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Times New Roman; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Times New Roman; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} <font color=red><a href=/whyedited.asp target=why> CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. </a></font>
Dec 01 2009
OCWEN Loan Servicing, LLC Loan Modification & Foreclosure Fraud or Scam, Internet
In August 2008 I lost my job but I began working right away as a freelance advertising producer, being booked daily. In January 2009 I was injured and the injury caused me to be out of work for four months, I couldn't be on my feet. Being self employed I did not have unemployement or disability so I made $0 for these four months. During this time I became behind on my mortgage payment to Ocwen Loan Servicing, by three payments. Prior to this I had paid them on time for three years every month. I immediately called Ocwen when I knew I was going to be unable to make my payments and they asked when I thought I would be starting to work. I said I would be back at work in April. I kept in contact with Ocwen, they told me to pay as soon as I began making money again. Which was the beginning of May....but in May I was served with foreclosure papers from a lawfirm here in WI, Ocwen being the plantiff. When I called Ocwen they said, don't worry, there isn't a foreclosure, we can stop that and we will work on getting you a government loan modification under Obama's new plan. I had phone call after phone and fax after fax of my financials to Ocwen regarding this government modification with no news and them telling me not to pay anything until the modification is approved. Then in June I was told the government plan wasn't approved but my next option is to try and get approval under Ocwens loan modification program. Then on July 14 I was served final judgement papers by the state of WI and the same lawfirm Ocwen used here in WI before saying my house was foreclosed. I called Ocwen again and told them this, they said they didn't have any records of foreclosure and that they would contact the attorneys office and make sure that isn't the case. I spent the rest of July and August and first part of September on phone call after phone call with Ocwen, a different person every time (i have it documented), trying to followup on the latest Ocwen loan modification process and still being told not to pay until it is approved. Finally in September it was approved and I was to wire them a deposit amount as well as a mortgage payment and then I was placed in a trial period for three months (Oct, Nov, Dec) where I was to pay my mortgage on time by the 1st in order to keep the loan modification good. I paid Oct & Nov, I am supposed to pay Dec today. I also had a small loan when I bought my house that Ocwen agreed to do a short sale settlement on for the amount of $3000. I was about to wire them this money last week as this was due by 11/27 and pay my December mortgage but then I received a NOTICE OF SHERIFFS SALE in the mail saying my home is going to be up for auction on January 18, 2010. They told me the foreclosure didn't exist and they reversed it and all along it did WHILE they were doing this Loan Modification which now includes my escrow and late fees and more on the backend of the loan. My mortgage payment is higher than it was before AND apparently my house is being sold out from under me. The only thing that can be done I am told is file a Chapter 13 against the mortgage arrears, trustee fees, attorney fees and pay that over 3-5 years. However I did a quick google search of Ocwen last night...just for fun and now I am sick to my stomach on what I have found. Site after site of this SAME EXACT THING. It is like reading exactly what happened to me for the past 7 months. There was even someone who filed Chapter 13 and Ocwen started increasing their mortgage payments and interest rates so it looked like they were late on those payments. So they had to file Chapter 7 and lost their house anyways. I feel like I have completely lost here and don't know what I can do. I tried calling the Attorney General who put me through to the Consumer Complaint office. They said it takes 45 days to file, by then my house will be gone. There are class action suits all over the US against Ocwen but not in WI yet. I called the local news station, but what will that do. I am supposed to pay my mortgage today. I am an honest person. All I want is to pay my mortgage and have my family and I live in our home. I thought all along that is what Ocwen was working with me to do. And now this....does anyone have any advice?
Dec 11 2009
Litton Loan Servicing,lp dennis darling 800-999-8501x3304 loan modification fraud Internet
I've been trying to modify my mortgage with Litton since august. They said to fill out a bunch of forms for the federal loan mod program, I told them our loan amount is too high to qualify for the federal program. they said do it anyway, so i did. i have given them evey piece of documentation available (twice - they lose stuff or say they can't read it). they put me on a trial modification for 3 months and i made all the payments ontime. the trial payment is almost $750 more a month than my regular payment (the extra is for property taxes, but they would not pay my property taxes - I had to pay them myself out of pocket). Now they say I don't qualify for the fed modification program because my loan amount is too high (which is what I told them in august). The loan officer says he does not know if they will give that $ that was supposed to be for property taxes back. He said he will contact the investor to see if an alternative modification is available (only a maybe) but he wants a big lump sum of cash to consider it. I feel I am being ripped off and I need help. We have kids and both have good incomes. He is pushing me for a short sale. We want to pay, we just got behind due to medical bills. Please help us.
Mar 30 2009
Modifications Loan - Modificationsloan.com Beware Of ModificationsLoan.com: Another Loan Modification Scam. Scottsdale Internet
We found www.ModificationsLoan.com on the internet and called. They promised us we qualified for a loan modification and sent us out some documentation to gather. They called us almost every day trying to get the money they were going to charge us for their service and me and my husband felt pressured but we also felt we didn't have any more time to keep shoping for better help. They told us we would lose our home if we did not pay the fee and use their service. They told us they had an Attorney that would help us modify the loan and lower our payment. We paid the money and at first they were very helpful. Then they stopped returning our phone calls and eventually their website changed and the Attorney that was supposed to be helping us was no longer ont he website! We started to freak out and kept calling only to get a message machine and no call backs. They stole our money and we eventually lost our house to foreclosure. They are such a rip-off and you must stay away from them. We researched them further after all this happened and my husband found out that they were nothing more than an internet marketing company owned by an unlicensed attorney from California. The attorney was not even able to practice law in Arizona! They never have even done a loan modification before! It looks as if they just built a website from content from other websites and then steal money from homeowners. STAY AWAY from www.modificationsloan.com. Anonymous Mesa, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Oct 20 2010
JASS LOAN SERVICES STEVEN ROGERS Home Mortgage loan modification Phoenix, Arizona
After I register my name on one of the loan modification website. I was contacted by Ronald Raxter, an affiliate of Jass Loan Services LLC. I was told that a Loan Modification on my home mortgage can be work out. I was immediately emailed a Power of Attorney form to signed designating Steven Rogers and Lori Brewer as my representatives on my Home mortgage loan modification. After I faxed the signed Power of Attorney I was emailed again a Jass Loan Services Loan Modification package. The package contains the agreement stating any fees paid will be refunded if a Loan Modification will not be successfully modified. Completed all the form and signed the agreement with a check for $3,000.00 trusting these people to process my Loan Modification.  I was receiving 4 to 10 phone calls from my Mortgage company when I got behind on my payment. Then when I finally spoken to the mortgage company I found out nothing was being done for my Loan Modification. While talking to the mortgage company I was advised if I want to apply for the Home Affordable Program and which I did. I call Lori Brewer of Jass Loan Services, LLC and asked them why there nothing being work out on my Loan Modification. Lori Brewer stated she call and restarted the Loan Modification process. A week later I got call from Lori Brewer stating Jass Loan Services, LLC was insolvent and can not work on my Loan Modification anymore. I called Ronald Raxter since he was the one who solicited the loan modification. I was told by Ronald Raxter to call Steven Rogers and he is the owner of Jass Loan Sevices, LLC. I called Steven Rogers, left message to call me back and no calls back. Tried to call again after couple a days and was able to contact Steven Rogers. I asked Steven Rogers to refund my money and stated he can not refund them due to Jass Loan Services, LLC was insolvent. I mentioned the guaranteed refund of money on the agreement and he responded he can not do anything about it. He mentioned I can file a lawsuit against the LLC if I want but he will not be personally liable to any refund due the LLC limited liability protection. If these people in from Jass Loan Services, LLC Arizona can be stop I appreciate it very much so they will not victimize others. It looks like these people are very knowledgeable on LLC and use the limited liability protection of the LLC to get money from people desperate to keep their home hoping to get a loan modification.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Nov 19 2010
National Loan Restructuring LLC RIP OFF - LOAN MODIFICATION - PAID 2495 - DID NOTHING Internet
We signed on with National Loan Restructuring 8/18/09.  At that time we were told we were good canadiates for the program.  All we had did do was give are financial information and a check for 2495.  They would contact our mortagage company and apply for modification for the loan.  They said it was for the life of the loan and that we could get a lower interest rate without having to refinance.  The person assigned to our account did nothing.  I was calling every week for an update.  Then she told us not to make payments on our mortgage during the modification.  I spoke to several key people at the company they all assured me that everything was going well.  I ended up paying 300 less a month on my mortgage for six months.  I am back paying what a used to plus the additional money that I did not pay over the six months. We were ripped off and put though alot of hassle and ended up with the same payment and damaging our credit score.  This company should be held accountable for what they are doing to people in hard financial times.  We thought we were doing the right thing order to be financially responsible.  We were scammed and I hope people read this and don't fall for the rip off!!!!
Sep 08 2013
Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC Ocwen BankOcwen Loans Loan Modification Fraud Waterloo Indiana
Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC amounts to a fraudulent lending institution that participates in discriminatory practices in refusing to help borrowers who seek a loan modification to try to save their home from an unscrupulous bank that would rather ruin a borrower's life and credit rating, than to help them with a more reasonable interest rate that would make their home payment more affordable and save the home from foreclosure.  I think the US Department of Justice and the Attorney General's office would find these discriminatory and unscrupulous practices a clear violation of the law and I feel compelled to file a complaint. Niels Winther, Simi Valley, California
Entity: Waterloo, Indiana
Oct 22 2014
Bank Of America- Home Loan Loan Modification Californiam Nationwide
I had a death in the families that cause me to be late on my payments. I would make my mortgage payments the third week of the month. I call Bank of America and ask them for help. I was told that because I was not late, or behind in any of my payments they would not be able to help me. I try to keep up with my payments, but I ended falling behind... I call BOFA, and they began a modification process that last a little over four years.I received a letter which read, Congratulations you have been approved for a loan modification. My term was 30 yrs. fixed, rate was 7.25% and my monthly payments including Principal, Interest and escrow was $2,100.00  Per month. I was having trouble keeping up with this and just needed help in order to get back on track.I was approved for a modification by Bank of America as follows: 30 year fixed, rate 7.25% and with a new monthly payment of  $3,2000.00 per Month this will include principal, interest and escrow. I was told that if I had a problem paying this that they had other options, such as a short sale.Now I've received a letter that my loan has been transferred to a company called green Tree. They have told me that they do not think that I will be able to apply for a modification with them because Bank of America has told them that my loan was already modified. I am not sure if this is a set up and Bank of America is just using a different name in order to foreclose on people under a different account/ company. I don't know what to do help!!!!
Entity: Nationwide
Apr 17 2009
Federal Loan Modification Law Center, Loan Modification Center Charged me $1495. to lower my loan and interest, in 3 months no results, no call returns Irvine California
This company opromised to get me lower payment & interest. They charged $1,495.00 and I paid them via bank debit. The mortgage company is sending me foreclosure notices and I have heard nothing in three months as to whether or not my modification has been or will be approved. They promised to refund money if not approved. My concern is the foreclosure notice and when I call and fax and e-mail them, I am getting no responses from them, no return calls. I have no 1495.00 to give away, it could have at least been put on my deliquent house payments, they told me to pay them and the arear house payments would be put in back of loan repayment schedule. Eula t Wichita, KansasU.S.A.
Entity: Irvine, California
Sep 15 2009
Smart Modification, LLC smartmodification.com Takes Your Money, Doesn't render services, Doesn't Refund. Internet
I spoke with the Colorado Division of Real Estate, a division of Colorados DORA. In discussion with DORA I learned the following.   It is illegal to ask for money upfront for a loan modification in the state of Colorado. I paid a total of $2499, which Smart Modification LLC guaranteed a refund of. My neighbor also paid the same and was guaranteed refund. Smart Modification is now unreachable when I am asking for my refund. Smart Modification has also been unreachable for my neighbor. It is illegal in the state of Colorado without a Mortgage Broker License to provide or represent loan modification services. Smart Modification LLC in accordance to DORA, by sending my file to Nationwide Home Relief, was not in compliance.   Nobody I worked with at Smart Modification has met the current state requirements to hold an active mortgage broker license.   Chandra Spring - Owner Daniel Diaz - Manager Darek Spring - Owner Rob Connell - Operations Manager Kris Ceretto - Modification Specialist   Rob Connell was out of compliance with DORA when Smart Modification took my loan away from Nationwide Home Relief . Smart Modification never paid Nationwide Home Relief to work on my file. Nationwide canceled working on my file due to non-payment. This prolonged my modification process. Rob Connell promised to make things right. Robs statements were       7/30/2009 Robert, Thank you for speaking with me this evening.  I can understand your frustrations and as we discussed today, we will schedule daily updates in order to avoid further misunderstandings.  We both desire the same outcome; a favorable modification on your mortgage.  Per our conversation, I will call you tomorrow on your cell phone.  Should you have any questions or comments prior to then, please feel free to contact me directly at 720-259-5253.  I look forward to resolving this situation and appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you,   Rob Connell Smart Modification 720-259-5253 phone   866-740-9952 fax Taking my file to work on in h ouse, in Colorado was illegal . Illegal to ask for money upfront Illegal to provide or represent loan modifications while unlicensed / out of compliance. I was promised a refund if Smart Modification, LLC did not perform services. Smart Modification was Negligent with my file. Smart Modification never paid their vendor. Smart Modification illegally worked my file. My Bank (Bank of America) never was able to reach Smart Modification, LLC This caused Bank of America to cancel my Loan Modification.   Their Vendors were getting shorted out of money. Trey T - Customer Service   I talked to Atlantic Legal / Nationwide and he stated that Nationwide Home Relief had an agreement with Smart Modification to work on Loan Modifications. Nationwide was completing files and Smart Modification was not honoring their deal with Nationwide.   Nationwide discontinued all processing on Smart Modification Files   This included 100's of files. Nationwide returned these files to Smart Modification.   Smart Modification was getting paid $2499 up front for every file from their customers.   That amount would total over $250,000.00 in illegal files per 100. I was mislead by Smart Modification, LLCs performance history   I was told that Smart Modification has a 96% success rate. A loan modification takes an average of 90 days to complete at minimum. In accordance to the State of Colorado, the company has only been open since 11/03/08. How is this possible, to have a 96% success rate on a process that takes usually 90 days if your time in business is only 60 days? Top of Form ID Number: 20081581095 Name: Smart Modification, LLC Registered Agent: Thank You LLC. Registered Agent Street Address: P.O. Box 1531, Parker, CO 80134, United States Registered Agent Mailing Address: Principal Street Address: P.O. Box 1531, Parker, CO 80134, United States Principal Mailing Address: Status: Good Standing Form: Limited Liability Company Jurisdiction: Colorado Formation Date: 11/03/2008 Term of Duration: Perpetual Annual Report Month: November       Smart Modification, LLC was actively recruiting as an unlicensed Loan Modification Company Sales Representative Company Name: Smart Modification, Inc. Description: One of the Nation's Leading Modification Companies with offices in Downtown Denver, Tech Center, Las Vegas, California, Miami, and New York. What are we looking for? An experienced sales rep that kills inside phone sales to work out of our downtown Denver office. What experience / attributes are needed? 1+ Years Experience Are you this person? Test yourself now! We do not baby our reps. Our reps are here to do one thing and thats make money. If you do not close your first week you will be moving on. Only apply if you are confident in your sales skills. Please reply to this job posting with a resume and an email stating why you would be great for the job. We are looking to start someone ASAP. No recruiting services, please. Compensation: All commission. You are not responsible for generating any leads, we handle all the marketing. New reps will average 4k the first month, 6k the second month, then 8k every month thereafter. I have filed complaints with the following organizations. Department of Real Estate - DORA - Colorado http://www.dora.state.co.us/real-estate/ (303) 894-2166 Dept of Financial Institutions 1-877-746-4334 Submitted an Online Form as a complaint. Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov Filed a complaint   Fraud Department Hotline - Bank of America 1-877-283-7283 Filed a Complaint   Denver Economic Crime Unit 1-720-874-8500 Notified Mason Finks , Director of Consumer Protection Colorado Attorney General's Office 1-800-222-4444 Mailed a Consumer Complaint   Better Business Bureau - Colorado 1-303-327-4500 Filed a Complaint
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jun 26 2011
The Modification Group TMG the Ripoff Company Broadview Heights, Ohio
The Modification Group Took $1995 and said they would have our Modification done in 30-90 days. It has been a year and a half and they came up with a 90 day forbearence agreement and then dropped us as a client. Be very wary about dealing with this company. Would love to see a class action lawsuit filed and put them out of business.
Entity: Broadview Heights, Ohio
Nov 01 2008
Us Mortgage Modification loan modification Laguna Hills California
this company send me a letter saying that i was approved for a loan modification, i called them and they told me that they charge $3,999 and they were going to reduce my rate and my principal balance.after all my research i found out that this company does not have lawyers and they do no have license to do a loan modification do no let this company rip you off thanks. Rocky santa ana, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Laguna Hilss, California
Mar 23 2009
Hope Now Modification Cherry Hill New Jersey
i got this web side on line and checked with the bbb and found no negative complaints. i sent used my debit card and pd 3800.00 and fax all my paper work and rodney said all was in order and i keep in contact with him and was told they were waiting for a response from the bank, i found some negative info on line this weekend after trying to contact them for the last 3 wks and they keep saying their computer are down i have left several messages and of course no one responses.... this company is a rip off they even changed their name to HNFS. and now i find out they are being investigated by the new jersey attorney general and the bbb. please don't find out the hard way they are a rip off........and by the way they also know that after 45 days you can't get your money back from your credit or debit card..... that is why they keep you happy for 45 days then drop you like a hot potatoe. Princessg wynantskill, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Nov 25 2008
Federal Loan Modification, Angie Boughton, Iman, LiLi Garcia, Sunee The Loan Sharks of Mortgage Modification, Con Artists. Los Angeles California
Like most home owners today we take pride in our residence. This,to most people in the middle income strata of society is our crowning accomplishment. Unfortunately there are banks that only care about one thing, how badly they can screw you with out you even realizing it till it's to late. You only realize this when the economy takes a down turn. That's when you look for help. Presto here comes a company, Federsl Loan Modification LLP out of athe great state of California. They should be called Bend Over & Grab Your Anckles 'cause here it comes. Let me explain. I am in the automotive industry which we all no has taken an enormous hit. My income has decresed by almost 50%. We have done what most families have done and borrowed on credit cards just to survive hoping that this would be short lived and then things would hopefully geet back to normal. Well as you no it hasn't. so we look for reliefe to the Professtionals to help us. Federal Loan Modification LLP has a great ad and when you call them the people that pitch there company to you sound very professtional. they do not deliver anything that they say they are going to do. they charge $3000.00 of which you have to pay $1500.00 up front and the balance when they send your paper work out to the bank. I figured this was a high fee but if they could save our home without going into forclouser thenit was well worth it. THEY DO NOT DELIVER. I was bounced around to five different loan processors in their organization. They did the same thing that you as an individgual could of done. There sales pitch is that they have contacts with all these banks and they can negotiate you loan down for you. All they want is your money and you are left high and dry. I had made repeated calls to them requesting my money back. they saiud they would wire it to me> I still haven't recieved it and nobody will answer my calls. After doing my reasearch on this company I find out that other people have had the same problem & that there have been numerious complaints filed with city, county & state agencies. Because of this company I could stand to loose my home. I can't believe that states can let companies operate with out any regulations or transparency of their operations. The Federal Government passed a law in August to help out the main street homeowner only to be taken advantage of further. The only banks that will help you arre the ones ready to go under that are holding sub prime mortgages. Who helps us. This company Federal Loan Modification LLP is nothing but a rip off company and should face criminal prosecution. If you or I did anything like this we would be hit with every RICCO law thats out there, but yet they walk away scott free. If there are any attorneys ready this that are ligitimate I would love to speak to one. Robert **** Fort Ann, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Los Angeles, California
Sep 17 2008
Loan Modification Firm, The Loan Modification Firm You will lose your house and your money Ft Lauderdale Florida
I contacted this company in an effort to save my home from foreclosure. I specifically asked the man who was working on my case, Rob Brunson, if they could help after giving him all the details. His exact words to me were, don't worry about it. You will not lose your house. Let me put it to you this way- I went through a divorce several years ago. I could have done it myself but I hired an attorney. In essance, that's who we are. We know the ins and outs and deal with your mortgage company all the time In fact, my boss is personal friens with the CEO of the company. Ok, so at that point I should have known, but I was desperate. I wanted to belive they could renegotiate my loan and put my into lower payments, as they promised. After shelling out $1200 and signing contracts(which in all fairness stated no outcome was guarenteed but Mr Brunson said it was just a legality their legal deprtment made them out in the contract) my house was foreclosed on and I lost everything. Between the time I contacted them and the time I had to move out, I called Mr Brunson several times and asked him what was happening. I got all sorts of lines-one being-worst case scenario that NYS is a redemption state (which it is NOT come to find out) After a while a Nina Delarosa started calling about reneghotiating the loan. I sent her all sorts of paperwork and could never get ahold of her. I tried to call Mr Brunson and was informed he no longer worked there. FInally a Notice to Quit Premises came to my house and I called and demanded to talk to SOMEBODY. The owner, Mike Lopez, got on the phone said he was very sorry but his company should have never taken my case because a sale date was already set and at that point there is nothing they can do. He saw it on his desk and kicked it back . I should be receiving a refund check and he was surprised I hadn't gotten it yet. Three months later, there is still no refund check and now there is NO PHONE NUMBER! I don't know if this company is still in business or if they changed there name or what happened. Just please be wary of anyone who promises you they can save your house. Come to find out, only a lawyer can do that and usually it requires filing a chapter 13 bankrupcy. If anyone is in any way thinking about sending these people money, do yourself a favor and for that amount, a lawyer can do the same thing. Anonymous greenville, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Sep 26 2011
Loan Modification Law Agency Geoff Patten (A.K.A. Geoff Patton) Re-Modifcation Mortgage Scam Costa Mesa, California
In April of this year, my husband and I were contacted by a man who identified himself as Geoff Patton and he represented himself as a loan modification officer.  He promised us that we could get our mortgage rate from 6.75% to 2-3%.  We jumped at the chance and in the meantime he told us to have not contact with our mortgage company as they would try to work out a deal for us and in the meantime he asked that we send him $3,500 to start the process.   We sent him the money and haven't heard from him until the latter part of June of this year.  He said that we were having the closing and therefore needed to come up with an additional $4,800 to close.  Both my husband and I did not have this money and he became quite agitated with us.  About a day or two later Geoff called us again and this time he came up with a new plan.  Geoff said that for an additional $1,200 he could knock off $20,000 of our existing mortgage.  So both my husband and I agreed to that and sent him the additional $1,200.   July passed and Agusut and I became quite suspicious as to why I haven't heard from him.  So I sent Geoff a fax and an email and phone call and to no avail.   I further found out that he spells his name two ways one Patten and the other Patton.  He has not returned any of our calls or emails.  I want everyone to know that if you want to remodify your mortgage it costs you nothing if you deal directly with your lender.  My husband and I learned the hard way and we have been scammed out of $4,700 and our home is up for foreclosure after I have paid 16 yrs on it and and will be tossed out into the street and no where to go.  Does this creep have any remorse for what he has done?  I hope he remembers that when he meets his maker he will have to answer to him and I hope with all my heart and soul he rots in hell.  I hope his family reads this and know what type of individual he truly is.
Entity: Costa Mesa, California
Jun 16 2009
Federal Loan Modification Law - Our Property Has Now Been Seized And A Sheriff's Sale Is Scheduled For August 5, 2009 Irvine California
Several months ago, because I was unemployed and we could not make our mortgage payments, we contacted the Federal Loan Modification Law Center in Irvine, California. My wife had seen their advertisement on TV. We were contacted by a lawyer who identified himself as Juan Sanchez, who told us he would be handling our case. He told us that we should send him a bunch of information. After receiving the information, he called my wife to tell her that they would be able to handle the problem; that the mortgage company we had was one they had worked with before. We had to send them a fee of over $1,300 at the first, and we had to agree to an additional $900+ to be paid later. I have sent them several other items by e-mail and fax and have been told that this would help. The original mortgage was taken out by my mother and I. One of the items I had to send the lawyer was her death certificate. We have received no correspondence from this company, and only several e-mails from them. Last Friday, June 12, 2009, we found a Notice of Seizure and Sale on our front door. I contacted FLM Law Center by phone several times and have received not e-mail or phone contact from them. We have not contacted an attorney as of yet, but that will soon follow. We still do not have the money to pay on the mortgage and my job that I finally got ended. Now I am again unemployed and it looks like we may lose our home (my old family home). Glen Broussard, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Irvine, California
Apr 21 2010
NACA Loan Modification Program NACA Application pended for over a year, now facing foreclosure Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
M original lender was Cornerstone Mortgage who sold my loan immediatedly after closing to Countrywide, who in turn was bought out by Bank of America. Towards the end of 2008 I foresaw financial distress and submittted an application to Countrywide for home loan modification assistance. A Countrywide rep informed me that the process would take longer than usual because everybody was wanting assistance. When news of Bank of America supposedly buying Countrywide reached the media, I contacted Countrywide for an updated status.  The Cw rep  told me my application would continue and as long as I had the application on file, my home would not be foreclosed on.  I became a little leary and on February 7, 2009 attended a NACA workshop with hopes of speeding up the process because I am employed and just wanted a more affordable mortgage.  I immediately went home after the workshop and entered the required information into my webfile.  I spoke with Shirleen @NACA on 2/18/2009 and went over my budget. In the beginning I was constantly checking my webfile and the status was always, lender requiring additional documents.  I would fax the documents.  I was told that the transition between Countrywide and Bank of America caused a delay on my application. September 2009, I received an email signed by Bruce Marks stating that NACA was going to work hard to resolve all pending applications. When I called to find out why my status never changed I was told as soon as I faxed more documents, the rep was going to work on getting me a resolution. Meanwhile, I watch the televised success stories of people who show up at the media driven seminars and get help on the spot. I too, got up early and waited in line to attend a workshop, but it was not televised.  To make a long story short, the attorneys from BOA sent me a auction of my home letter which is scheduled 5/4/2010 at 1 pm. I presently am locked out of my NACA webfile (my id 489755, password and email address are now invalid). I faxed the letter to NACA and have mailed a letter. I tried calling but the wait time is unbelievably longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!! The auction letter was dated 4/1/2010. A couple of days later I receive a letter in the mail from BOA foreclosure department advising me of my options to save my home and advising me to visit a choice of two websites. When I visit the website, quess what the 1st step is.....call BOA  (yo-yo effect). On the same date, I received a letter in the mail dated 4/4/2010 from BOA attornies basically telling me to contact BOA for my options.  I really didn't intend for this to be a rip-off report, because I didn't pay NACA any money for their services, I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing difficulties with their file. I only saw 5 reports and considering how many people are needing assistance, that's a very very very low unhappy rate. I notice one person sought the assistance of an attorney, at this point I'm thinking that might be my best option, because time is ticking and I have no way of verifying if NACA is working to delay my auction date. Again, I didn't really want to give NACA a bad report, I was just curious if anyone else had to wait this long and go through the point of foreclosure before NACA resolved your hlm.
Entity: Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
Jul 09 2009
Dave Antestenis Choice Loan Modification Loan modification Scam, No professionalism, non- compliant, collecting up front fees Nationwide Arizona
Dave is a profiteer. This man is a snake oil salesmen looking to profit from the hardship of others. They go by choice loan consulting or American Debt Settlement. They are not a law firm and have no credentials to assist anyone with a hardship. Dave is interested in one thing and that is putting money is his own pocket. Collecting upfront fees in many states is illegal. Buyer beware! More information and details of specific cases to come. Fyi007 Nationwide, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide, Arizona
Apr 07 2009
EntrustUSA - The Loan Modification Team Harassed and threatened me because of a complaint I made. Glen Allen Virginia
I worked for this company started out in sales and quickly moved into management. I started to get suspicious early on through company name change and various excuses. Sales consultants are trained to tell consumers to be late on their mortgage to attain beter modification. There is an up front fee and a closing fee. Anywhere from $1500 to $2700 to do what? Get you thrown out of your home. I am living in a home that I rented from a co-worker that was supposedly in modification WITH THE LOAN MODIFICATION TEAM but now it has an auction sale date of APRIL 21,2009. So I guess I will be homeless after that. In this home I had no HEAT for 18 days in 20 degree weather with snow on the ground!! Anyway I PERSONALLY REFUNDED THREE clients that were referred to me by church members and they were all swindled out of over $7000 of which I refunded more than half out of my personal bank account. They don't refund your money and give you LIE after LIE by a little guy from Jersey named Victor Gratta from New Jersy that bullies you into giving up on trying to get your money back I have been harassed and threatened by The Loan Modification Team and I don't like it. If you are in need of LEGAL help with your mortgage visit. www.loanmitigationsolution.org or call 877-233-3565. J.d.wilkerson rICHMOND, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Glen Allen, Virginia
Dec 07 2012
New Horizon Resource Group (Loan Modification) LOSING my house due to this THIEF! Hialeah, Florida
This piece of shit, Manny Plasencia made me send ALL this paperwork. Tells me it will take some time to process. Lets me know we are being taken care of and our paperwork had been processed. DO NOT pay your mortgage payments, they will put what is owed on the back of the loan and then re-modify it with the new amount owed. (this is what he tells us) Well guess what happened to us....? a Fucking year later after calling this scumbag for months we find out that HE NEVER filed the paperwork, I am a goddamned year behind on my mortgage and now in fear of losing my house after this ASSHOLE promised 100 times that that will never happen. SOMEBODY better get this son of a bitch prick bastard quick. His paralegal informed us that the authorities are looking for him because he has done this to numerous people and has fled with money. I am not aware of any of that just going on what the paralegal said.  FACT remains that this cocksucker is praying on people for his own gain and I for one am ABSOLUTELY livid that I am gonna lose my house. My mortgage company will not listen to us about how this scumbag, prick, bastard screwed us and told us what to do and now they are accelerating the loan.....CATCH THIS FUCK AND LOCK HIM UP ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Entity: Hialeah, Florida
May 10 2012
national freedom group mortgage loan modification group Internet
national freedom group contacted my father while we were in the process of a loan modification for the 4th time with our lender.a lengthy,difficult and unfruitful process.we were contacted by mail,then by phone by bob miller.the man called consecutively every Wednesday to touch base with us an d offer comforting words.telling us that we had to send financial records and various documents.finally asking my father for a check in the amount of 3,000 dollars.my father not being a foolish man asked if i could check out this company.as desperate as we are we can not afford to loose 3,000 dollars..i googled their name only to see a myriad of bad reviews and scam alerts.i called the company and was told that i needed to speak to the assessment manager at my mortgage company.i did call my mortgage lender only to be told that that was a nonexistent position and furthermore they had not been contacted by any company on our behalf pertaining to the modification.also we were told that this is a service that should never cost a dime.we have stopped correspondence since then.but that doesnt protect the countless others this unscrupulouse compant will try to swindile.please beware.
Feb 20 2012
eq group collette false loan modification Internet, Internet
The company guaranteed they could modify our loan with a money back guarantee. And we paid 3500.00 for this service after approximately 1 year we could not contact them nor did we receive any money in return. Basicall we were ripped off for the whole ting.
Entity: Internet, Internet