MATCH.COM Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: match.com

There may be more reports for "match.com"

For more results perform a general search for "match.com"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 19 2013
match.com chemistry.com TOTAL SCAM BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, Internet
I bought a 3-month membership. I stated on my profile, Photos only, no motorcycles. Don't camp. I didn't check off camping as an activity. The stir - it said for members and it was misleading; it seemed free but they charge for every event! I got motorcycle, camping - no photos as many of my matches they matched me up with. I called them after the first month to cancel. They said that because I responded to one email, they refused to give me back my money! I responded to a guy that wrote something x rated and felt he should know that he will be reported and he has a fake profile (good honest sweet man)!
Entity: , Internet
Oct 30 2013
Match.com Dating site Internet
So I got an email saying I could have one week free on match.com if I signed up for a one month subscription. I specifically set the account to a nonrenewable subscription because I wanted ONLY the one month try out. The site said it wouldn't even store my credit card number. As of today I still have 3 days left of the subscription. I logged into my bank account today and saw the match.com hit my creditcard again, but for a full month! I called them and because I have sent an in site email since they  fraudulently hit my creditcard again, they refuse to refund my money.  Be warned folks..... Match is preying on people.
May 19 2014
Match.com Refund Ripoff Beverly Hills Nationwide
Match.com:Write anything they don't like and they will terminate your subscription and refuse a refund.   Furthermore, they keep billing your credit card even after they terminate you or just before they terminate you.  A total scam to begin with let alone the women are either homely or hookers looking for a handout.
Apr 26 2014
match.com Unethical. deceptive. Greed. Internet
Like many others,  continuous billing without my approval.  Only it gets worse.  I met someone on match.com   We both took profiles down and cancel prescription.  When canceling it asks why. Also wanted other members screen name. They put us both online.  Sent email 3 months for price of one. My advice would be not to provide the other members number.  It's none of their business.  They manipulate system.  Trying to play us against each other for a buck! !#
Jun 11 2015
match.com Fake! Fake! Fake! Internet
I once tried the free join just to look option to see what they were like.  I did not upload a picture of myself just did a statement.  I was not interested in advertising myself at that point just wanted to see the kind of people that were signed up with them.  I immediately started getting what they call winks but the messages they said that were waiting for me could not be viewed and I could not respond to the winks unless I joined.  This all seemed like rubbish to me as I said I had not posted a picture.  I did what ever was necessary to remove myself so they would stop emailing me with those messages of how I had winks and messages waiting for me.  I later read online a post by someone who said that the employees at match.com are actually doing the winks to try to get people who have signed up but not joined to join and that it is all fake.  That is what I figured was gong on as again I had not posted a picture.  They have not bothered me for a long time but suddenly now I am getting emails from them again giving names of women who are trying to contact me and I have those messages waiting.  Well they really screwed up because I am a woman and again never posted a picture.  They are all fake, it is all lies.  I don't know if my email went thru but I emailed back to them on one of their come on messages and told them how they really screwed up and I was on to them and their fake messages.  Do not join this website.  Don't pay them a dime.  Don't even check it out for free.  It is a fraud and a waste of your time.  They will do anything to make a buck just read all the complaints from people who joined and cancelled within the cancellation period and Match kept billing them.  When I checked out their site what came up were lots of pictures of over weight out of shape men who looked like they were a few years away from a heart attack.  I can meet better men at the grocery store, the library.  Persue your interests make new freinds and you are bound to meet someone nice at some point.
Aug 25 2015
Match.com Unethical business practices Internet
 To all of those who have been taken advantage of by this site. We should file a class action lawsuit against this company. I'm sure that Match has covered themselves legally, but somebody needs to hold this business accountable. I was a member and by signing up you are basically waiving your rights to refute and or be refunded. I had my account set up for all notifications available. None of which are a notification that your subscription is about to renew for the full price and term that you originally sign up for. Once it renews, if you the consumer aren't aware and use any subscription services. You will not be refunded, no matter who you speak to in the company. Not only that but the higher you go, the more rude and defiant the employees become. This company is set up only to take your money. I could not be more unsatisfied with company or service. Absolute scam/rip off, whatever you would like to call it. Hope people read this reports before having to deal with this company.
Aug 20 2015
match.com FAKE PROFILES &SCAMMERS! Internet
Save your $$$, I sent out over 400 E-mails & I only got 14 replys, in 3 months! (NO, I am not an oger, or perv.) out of the 14, TEN were from 'scammers'! I reported the 'fake' profiles to match (hundreds of them! some were using the same pics.on different profiles!)There were A LOT of them in thier 'chat room' w/ same story (I'm in Nigeria/Ghana.etc.,& need $$ for my my father's buisness/funeral...etc,etc.) They (scammers) wanted to go to my yahoo IM, right away! I was lucky, I got 'kicked-off' the site for being 'foul' & 'rude' to their customers! (get that!) I'm being lied to & husseled 4 $$, & I'm being RUDE?!? Stay Away from match.com & use the free sites (NOT crag's list)
Jul 20 2015
match.com Fake profiles, doesn't honor offers Internet
I was suckered in a few ways.   First, I sign up for 1 month.  No responses from emails I sent (and no, I'm not an ogre)   Once i get to the end of my month, I'll get emails.  Except they are from what I have learned are fake profiles.  But once my membership ends, I cannot access messages. So like an idiot, I re-upped to see who messaged me and low and behold, it was the planted profiles from Match.  Also....YOU (the paying customer), has to notify Match to let them know that the profiles are fake.  And it's OBVIOUS they are - but Match doesn't do the job, you do.   Finally, they had offered Get 3 months for the price of 1 - so I figured I'd give it one more try.  So...I signed up for that.  Then, I check my subscription end date - 1 month only.  Their response - word for word is as follows -  Since this offer is only available for a limited time period, contact us at your earliest convenience so we can help you with the redemption   Apparently, they want me to pay for ANOTHER month to get this offer....because already paying for it didn't work once!! RIP OFF!!!  Use the free sites if anyone has dating online options. This site is a complete scam/rip off.
Nov 23 2015
match.com Stole money Internet
I initially signed up for match.com back in 2010.  I've never been able to log in to use this site. I contacted the company numerous times but they are useless. Finally I threatened to contact the bbb unless they refunded me, but all they suggested was resetting my password. I told them I already tried that, but they never answered. I contacted BBB but after 22 BBB received nothing back from them. This company should be shut down for fraud and be forced to pay back all the money they stole.
Sep 24 2015
Match.com Fraudulent Charged Credit Card Nationwide
Match fraudulenty charged my credit card. It claims I consented to the auto renewal, although I specifically only signed up for one month!
Sep 13 2015
match.com SCAM Alert! Internet
I have used match.com and other dating sites before but never seen so many scammers and fake profiles as I have as of late. Women beware! Look for these signs: He is in his early 40's or 50's but says he is a widower. Not to say that men that age can't be widowers but if they say they are a widower, have no family (parents are dead and they have no siblings), only post one photo and their profile is super schmaltzy (they talk about how much they need and desire someone in their life and they like to snuggle, they could be scammers. I have noticed a lot of fakers say they live in your hometown but oddly, their area code is 917, which is a NY/Manhattan area code.  If they have only one photo, that is another red flag. I just had a guy wink at me and immediately recognized his picture. It was Taylor Hicks from American Idol. Be cautious and if it seems odd, there is a reason! Trust yout gut!
Jan 30 2016
Match.com SCAM Warning Internet
An extremely high percentage of profiles are hoaxes; foreign persons, scammers posing as local; catfishing, and solicitation. Next, an extremely low percentage of members are paying subscribers. Free members, cannot reply to, or read site provided emails. That's the bait toget their money. There isn't a way to ascertain free member from paid subscriber. There areother issues, including stealth reoccurring billing. If Match.com would like to dispute theabove, in court, bring your Full US site traffic analytics. (Wink for Free)
Oct 19 2016
match.com Biting rip off Internet Internet
This site is a rip off.  First don't ever sign up for it as they will charge you for it when you are not looking and even if you call them the day of the charge they will not refund the money.   I got charged $227.88 for last year and never noticed it (so that is gone) and again this year $227.88.  When I called to cancil this years charge all they would agree to was to charge me and then change my membership to a monthly membership so they could keep charging me. I notified them of the California state law requiring them to give me a refund; Section 2102 of the California Financial Code.  And they said that they did not care about US laws. OH I forgot to mention that they are based on India.   All I could do was get paypal to block any further trasations. Don't get ripped of by this crocks. Chelsea
Oct 28 2016
Match.com Six Month Guarantee Internet
Match.com offers 6 month guarantee providing you meet a certain set of requirements.  I have been a match member for years now and, after expiration of last 1 year membership, I chose to renew for 6 months.  The 6 month plan I enrolled in offers an additional 6 months for free if you dont meet someone and you meet the requirements specified (contact requirements, profile, etc.) I am on the VERY last day of the 6 month membership today.  I logged in and noted that suddenly, my profile had become HIDDEN and that on THIS DAY, the FINAL DAY of the 6 months, the site indicates that I am no longer elegible for the 6 mos guarantee. WOW I entered into online chat.  Asked the rep how/why my profile was hidden.  She researched and says everything is fine on her end...not seeing profile hidden, yet somehow, on my end it is showing I am no longer elegible for the free 6 months.  She asks to log into my account to verify what I am saying...she does...is suprised..asks me to wait for a minute while she investigates.  Comes back. immediately awards the free 6 months and thanks me and logs out. Just think that folks should know.  HAD I NOT logged on the very last day of the paid 6 month term, it is very very likely that I would have been swindeled out of the free 6 months.  Good luck.
Aug 17 2016
match.com rip off scammers Internet
This company refuses to offer refunds for unauthorized transactions. They sign you up for reoccurring payments when you sign up for 30 day trial periods and withdraws your account every 6 months for membership.  they have taken payments from my account since 2015. the most recent payment was caught this morning and after calling them and explaining to them that I had not been on the site since 2013 and I never authorized them to take money from my account, they offered a 70.00 refund for today's withdrawal only. I had already closed my account earlier today so they could not take any more unauthorized charges from my account, I am now in the process of trying to get other Match withdrawals refunded to me. These folks are a total scam.
Feb 01 2017
Match.com charged me after I canceled Internet
I was charged after canceling my subscription to match.com   called and they are refusing to refund saying I didn not cancel   I did cancel and have not used their services after being contacted by a registered sex offender (in the report he tried to rape someone)
Jul 11 2017
Match.com Fake profiles, deceptive marketing, useless customer support Nationwide
I have been a member of Match.com for a couple years and in that time I have had little to know real interest from matches even after getting help from Match.com Profile Pro.  I have regularly reported suspected fake profiles which amount to almost half of the matches received.  Of the hundreds of matches made, maybe 10% will look at your profile and less than 1% will actually respond to your email or contact you. After a year I though maybe I needed help with wording my profile so I enrolled in Profile Pro for $30 and what I received was the most lame, generic and useless profile I have ever seen.  I used it anyway for a couple months and it was absolutely useless and match.com refused to acknowledge. I enrolled once for 6 months and was supposed to received 6 months free if I wasn't successful and nothing happened. The Daily Matches in the beginning were pretty matches however lately they have been pathetic, showing me smokers when that is a big No for me etc.  I have no idea what algorithm they use!
Entity:
Oct 20 2017
Match.com unauthorized charges after cancelling Nationwide
I was a member for a while, probably over a year, and had no complaint about the actual service.  I cancelled in November, 2016.  In their own billing history, there were no charges for over 5 months.  I did not reinstate the service, did not log into their site, and did not authorize new charges.  Then, apparently in February, 2017, they started billing my credit card again. I do not get a physical statement with detailed charges, and did not notice the charges from Match until this latest statemnt. I called to make sure I was cancelled again, and to dispute the charges.  I thought at least they should be willing to refund the latest charge.  But no, they didn't even offer an apology.  The phone rep insisted there is no way to refund the charge, and in fact, there is no supervisor or manager available to escalate the call or complaint to.  That, everyone knows, is a blatant lie to stall and discourage people.  In fact, their business practice of billing without authorization borders on theft and criminal behavior.  I consider this company to be very unethical and even bordering on criminal.
Aug 27 2017
Match.com Match guarantee Internet
 Signed up for the Match.com Guarantee. If you can't find anyone in six months they will give you an additional six months free with a paid six month subscription. You fill out your profile. I filled it out but never could make it out past 70%. I filled everything out. First month past I noticed that it said my profile was hidden. It never was I contacted customer service. No reply back. I'm busy so month two came same thing it was saying it was hidden. Contact customer and again no reply. I wait and I contact them again threatening to file a report.Magically they contact me on the third try. The excuse for the red mark on hidden profile . First response was they said I didn't meet all the requirements to receive the six month Guarentee. I escalated. Second was response was I didn't fill out all of my profile and that it was hidden automatically. Ironically I was getting views from members but it was automatically hidden. Match also claimed to look and read profiles and view pictures. This place is littered with fake pix of women that say on the pix that they are not a member and text phone number provided. They also claim by buying top spot you will get three more times the responses. Done it twice ($40). According to match I was viewed from 300 to 500 depending on the time you went. I used the 10 top spots for $20. All those views for maybe one or no views. Also if you are supposedly hidden how come I can see you looking at my profile but when I click on profile it's magically hidden. If you are hidden I shouldn't be able to see you but I can still see you viewed me. Im not a bad looking man so I know I should garner more interest in being top spot. I think it's just a number randomly generated to sucker you into thinking that many people saw you. I'm beginning to think you are better off throwing your money in the toilet instead of just giving it to match. This company is a major ripoff. Don't give them any money. They don't deserve it. They will rip you off. You won't get better service, better type of people than you will going to a free dating site. Buyer beware. Match is a rip off. Stay away.
Jul 23 2016
match.com match.com chemistry.com match.com cancelation process does not work - you will be rebilled Internet
Match.com is a rip off as they will not process your cancelation request even though you fill out the web based cancel form.  I did this, I canceled and now they have re-billed me for 6 more months.  Their customer service people stick to the party line and will not refund even though you followed the web based form.  They will rip you off for more money.  when you demand to talk to a manager, they put you on hold, then tell you none is available and hang up on you.    DO NOT use match.com or make sure that when you cancel,,,, you get that really canceled or they will charge you and laugh at you.
Jan 26 2014
match.com match.com terminated my Print all In new window General Report [Incident: 140124-004822] Inbox x Match.com Customer Care 3:30 PM (13 hours ago) to me match.com.
I signed up @ match.com a little less than 2 months ago. Due to an incident repot ,that I can't rebutt. Thet terminated my account and refused to refund my money. .It has a 2 month guarantee and I signed up for a year. Any help in this problem would be appreciated!               Thank you, tom C Copied the incident report, which is vaugue, @ best. here it is: Wont past!!! ,Figures                 Thanks again Tom C
Entity: Select State/Province
May 01 2006
match.com fraudulently obtains money using credit cards Dallas texas
Match.com advertised a three day free trial but made you actually sign up for one month only at $34.95. They made it clear it was a one month, once only charge. After this, I assumed they would contact me to see if I wanted to continue for 12 months at a much, much lower rate for the full year. (I think their monthly rate is something like $12.95 if you sign up for a year.) They did NOT contact me, and I realized that they were continuing to provide service. I went online and found that I would have to ACTUALLY CANCEL if I wanted to discontinue. They were automatically charging me the highest rate of $34.95 and it was continuing monthly. So I formally cancelled. They had charged me in February, and the beginning of March. When I realized this, is when I cancelled. Later, I found out from Visa that they ALSO charged again at the end of March, even though I had cancelled. Regardless, they charged me twice in March. In April,I went online and made sure that the system was cancelled and would not continue like it had done the month before. I went online again, just a few days ago, and it was not showing as cancelled, even though it had done previously. So I cancelled again. Then I got an e-mail to say that it had been cancelled and I queried this with them, to make doubly sure, asking for reassurance, but they did not respond to my e-mail. The wording they use in their confirmation is that a person SHOULD NOT get charged again. It does not say WILL NOT. So I wanted reassurance as I had already cancelled twice. This morning, I got an e-mail from a potential romantic match (now it is May 1), so I realized that my profile was still on line and that the service had started up again! I cancelled a third time. Then I contacted VISA and they confirmed that I had been charged once in February, and twice in March. I told Visa I wanted a refund on the last payment and that they were never ever to honour anything to Match.com again. Visa is contacting them and disputing the last payment taken by them in March. By rights I should dispute two payments, but I did use the service so I was willing to let one payment go but not two. By rights, I feel I should have two refunds of $34.95 because I only ever authorized one charge and that was for the initial trial. I feel they should be reported to the police as this is a scam. I got good service as far as matches were concerned, but they are stealing people blind once they have access to your Visa number. I think people should be warned about this company and they should be investigated. They offer no phone number for you to call with problems and ignore your e-mails. Jean Surrey, British ColumbiaCanada
Oct 28 2005
Match.com Renews subscribers that have cancelled, ripoff Plano Texas
Signed on to their sevices 6 months ago. I know their contract was for 6 months at a time, with an autorenew unless cancelled. I cancelled after 5 months and my card was charged at the end of six months for the new 6 month term. After 20 minutes on hold, I spoke to a customer service rep. I was told unless I had a confirmation number, which I could not find, they could only offer a pro-rated fee for the first month of the new term. They offered to credit my card back for $47.95 of the original $77.95 that was charged. We'll see if that actually happens. Or if I have to wait on hold to cancel my cancellation. They doubled their money at my expense. That's why I am filing this report. Be warned. Bob Tempe, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Plano, Texas
Nov 20 2007
WMV*MATCH.COM internet dating agengy Internet
on the 7/10/07I had my registration confirmedand a welocome by Thomas Enraght-MooneyCEO. My user name was randyis12,confirmation no. 75830545, a charge of $101.94 transaction date 10/7/2007 paid thru to 4/7/2008 charged to my French debit mastercard. From the 7/11/07 thru to 11/11/07 I had 2 Emails informing me of my user name and password. On the 11/11/07, @ 18.25 an email dated 7/11/07 but received by me on the 11/11/07informing that they had not approved my profile and listed a number of things I should do . Each time I tried to connect to alter my profile I was directed to the executive group , which I never was able to connect. I wrote another email to them asking how I could alter my profile if I was constantly being directed to contact the executivematch., I suggested if they were unable to help me alter my profile I would cancel ,saying that I did not know what was wrong with my profile.On the 12/11/07 I received an email terminating my account in the best interests of our member community. In all my French bank account has been debited [this in Euros]:- 7/10/07 .60 7/10/07 1.48 7/10/07 22.06 7/10/07 72.37 A total of 96.51 Euros I do not know what the exchange rate between the dollar an Euro but I know that it is greater than $101.94. The other strange behaviour was that my bank account was credited firstly with sum then debited with the sum . All in all I have paid to this internet company 96.51 Euros for nothing at all they have received this money and I in good faith thought that I was paying to belong to a dating agency for the sum of 101.94 for a years subscription . In sterling the subscription 53 for a year and I paid roughly in sterling 67 all for nothing. I am still unaware of what in my profile they objected to ,other than I am gay. my profile should have been read before accepting my cash which in thev High Street would be regarded as fraud. Robert Anderson Andy St SimeonFrance
Jan 25 2008
Wmv*match.com charged my debit card illegally Internet
the company or individual wmv*match.com illegally tapped into my computer stole information and charged my debit card on 1/23/08 Seven new baltimore, MichiganU.S.A. According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days. If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges. Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent! DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get. And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state. Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the chargetruth. If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the

Approximately 467 Reports Found