METABANK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: metabank

There may be more reports for "metabank"

For more results perform a general search for "metabank"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 08 2012
MetaBank Stole $100 in gift card money with inactivity fees Storm Lake, Iowa
I was given four, 25$ Visa gift cards managed by MetaBank. I had lost and now found them and checked their balances to discover that the balances were all zero.The cards were never used. The transaction reports on the balance check website showed that all $100 were spent on inactivity fees.Cards like this should offer a registration function so the recipient can be notified when such fees are being assessed.I am out $100, all of which went into the coffers of this bank in exchange for nothing.Perhaps MetaBank had the right to do this, however having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.Shameful.
Entity: Storm Lake, Iowa
Jan 24 2012
Metabank ADP total pay card with money network apathetic, careless, unorganized,& anti consumer friendly Internet
I really am at my wits end right now with this company. 1st I lost my debit card the Friday before xmas, I call and cancel it and was told I will receive my new debit visa card within 7 to 10 business days .. after I had to pay to get it sent to me. and I was told to just use the checks until i receive my card. (oh the irony to come)Then ten days later no card still, heck, 12 days later no card. After I call the second time saying I still havent received my card I get told They'll reissue another one and it'll be a few days, Only after i say can it be sent faster, did she say okay we'll also do it complimentary; I finally get it yesterday. >_<...NEXT issue, I voided a check 1-12-12 ( still didn't have my debit card yet) for $135, i was told it'd take 24-48 business hrs and then it'll be in my account, A WEEK goes by and still not back into my account, I call consumer service again, which by the way, every time I have called they tell me to use the online services; as if I'm being a bother because I want my rightfully earned money to pay a bill that by this time is already past due. Also by this point (second phone call) I had re-faxed the void check just for them to reissue the money back (they told me to) and its the 24th today (four phone calls later) and the money still isn't back in my account and I explained all my concerns and the same reply was not only by a female rep but also her female supervisor that its not much they can do, banking has it, and it COULD be in by the end of the day The supervisor told me they are in CST in north america, so seeing as how the business day probably at best has little under three hrs left till its over, I more then likely will not have my $135 in my bank account to pay a bill that only excepts electronically payments because without that money I don't have enough in my account right now to pay it. I really don't understand why it takes so long to reissue a 135$ to the person's account who voided it in the first place and who also re-faxed it twice and they couldn't explain it to me. I was just told to wait and see.In conclusion, I advise people to not bank with this company it leads to headaches, aggravation, and more bills to pay that you shouldn't have to in the first place, because this company has trouble even correcting a 135$ simple mistake or even reissuing a debit visa card.
Jul 11 2012
MetaBank UPside Prepaid card holding my social security check NYC, New York
I opened an Account for a prepaid card service at UPside baking owned and ran by MetaBank is SD i spelt my name wrong its spelled brien i miss spelled it brein so the put a hold on my account as a fraudgenly act i had to send documents to prove who i was and how my name is to be spelled they have refused to send me a new Debt card and is holding my $846 SSDI check and will not return to me or Social Security; I have called and i have yelled and cused they told me they will not do anything for 60days and refused to do anything Social Security has called asking what can be done to get this resolved they hang up on them as they have with me i dont know what to do or what my rights are anyone know? please help and remember netspend/upside/accountNow/ect are all owned and ran by MeataBank INC
Entity: NYC, New York
Apr 16 2009
Money Network Visa - Metabank, Charged Illegal Balance Check Fees Cordova Tennessee
I only took the Paycard because my employer does not want to give us regular paychecks. I have been checking my balance since two weeks ago. I always assumed that it was free to check your balance at bank ATMs. I was wrong, and my employer told me only to use All Point ATM's. I used one and checked my balance. It was 40.53. So I decided to take out 40.00. The machine refused saying I did not have the funds. So I checked my balance again. My balance was now at 37.53. I spent twenty dollars from my pre paid cell contacting two different companys trying to resolve this. Got nowhere. Insult to injury I went online and found out my balance was 52.43 and now is 37.53. These bastards have allready syphioned 15 dollars from my meegar training pay plus I lost another twenty from my phone. That's 35 dollars, maybe not alot, but I can not work for a month due to an injury. so I was looking forward to a little cash and now have to worry about how much more they will steal. My employer reasurred us this was a repidable company and we weren't going to be charged these fees. He was wrong. I hate Scam Artist and coming from big companies it is disgusting. The economy is no exuse for these companys to get rich again on the sweat of the poor working class. Ricardo Bronx, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Cordova, Tennessee
May 24 2011
Metabank Pay Power Visa Ripped me off $230 for reload pack Internet
I purchased a $230 reloadit pack for my Pay Power Visa card. I attempted to reload my card online and it never went into my account! My $230 went to some phantom account that doesn't even exist and their customer service reps wouldn't do anything to help me... They don't even speak English! So, now I am out $230 and they keep telling me someone will contact me in 1 to 2 business days.. they never contact me.  When I call back after 5 days, it's the same song and dance all over again. Nobody is helping me. I want my money added to my account NOW.
Nov 08 2012
Money Network Metabank holding money hostage admitting being distrustful Cordova, Tennessee
Money Network Metabank is a horribly unprofessional company that takes the money you worked for, charges you fees to access it, and when you try to contact them you get a crappy automated system that doesn't give the right options or understand what you're trying to do.  You hit O for a human and get someone half way across the world who is very nice, but terribly hard to understand and oh yeah, it costs money to talk to them.   I wanted to transfer my money into my checking account through an operator.  What does he do?  He makes a 3 way call with the automated system that's a piece of crap so he's pushing telephone buttons while talking to me and talking over the computer voice! I ask to talk to a manager and he tries to do the same thing, calling the computer so I can listen to irritating noises and him competing with the computer.  So I ask to speak to his manager.  He says his manager doesn't take calls; he's the highest person I'll be able to speak to. When I told him how frustrating it is to deal with the automated system, he said they do that so their employees can't steal our money, basically saying that they shouldn't be trusted.  Hell, they have our addresses, phone numbers, SSNs, everything else and then come out and say they're afraid of their employees stealing the customer's money. I told him how horrible that sounds that he just said that out loud and he stuck by it, saying that's just the way it is. Now what employer in their right mind would conduct business with a bunch of clowns who all but admit to employing shady people, jeopardizing their own employees' money and possibly even more (given that these freaks have ALL your personal info)? PLEASE avoid this disgraceful company at all costs.  And go back to old fashioned paper checks issued directly to the worker.  It just prevents so many problems.
Entity: Cordova, Tennessee
Aug 08 2012
Metabank Netspend Account breached and money taken! Unknown, South Dakota
Twice my account has been breached and someone has taken all of my money out of my account.  Now, after the first time I was refunded all of money because I was notified right away by my text.  The second time, however, it was my tax refund I filed for 2010 in 2011 and I never received it and didn't think anything of it because I was told misleading info from the IRS about me being denied for Earned Income Credit.  So, this year in 2012 I filed for 2011 and my taxes were taken, so after speaking with the IRS again, and Jackson Hewitt with whom I filed, they confirmed they did deposit $3,341 into my account.  So it all came back to Nespend/Metabank, I called them, and   after speaking with a rep and then a rude manager I was told that because it was past 60 days I could do anything about it by both of them, and after going off on him I was placed on hold and no one ever came back to the phone.  So naturally I am looking to sue, so someone please respond to try for a class action lawsuit or an attorney who can work in Illinois area please respond.
Entity: Unknown, South Dakota
Feb 13 2013
METABANK JACKSON HEWITT SMARTCARD FROZE OVER $8K TAX RETURN - ASKED TO SEE INCOME TAX RETURN WITH EIC Internet
DAY 1: On Feb 8th my refund was direct deposited to my Jackson Hewitt Smartcard issed by METABANK.  When I went to use the card the money was FROZEN! I called the number on the back of the card and the Customer Service Rep couldn't give me any information, said he saw nothing in reference to the account except for me to call 877-497-7499.  When I call that number I got an anwering machine that said they only open from Mon-Friday from 8am-5pm (When the whole world is at work and doesn't have time for the crap) CST.  DAY 4: I had to wait all the way until Monday before I finally got a rep.  She still never told me why my account was frozen but requested a looooong list of documents for me to send in.  Here is a list of what she requested:  Divers Licence, Signed Social Security Card, A Recent Paystub, 1040A, Schedule EIC (wich contains my son's social security numbers), and a card from DMV stating that I changed my address!  DAY 5: I faxed all 16 pages and called to see if they received them.  The rep (who I think gave me a fake name) told me that she was unable to read the Drivers Licence, Social Security Card, nor the DMV card and that I would have to re-send them. DAY 6: I scanned the documents this time and sent them off after 7pm so I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if they received them.  I am just disgusted that they asked me for all this information. Drivers license and Social should have been enough, what did they need my taxes for???  If they wanted me to walk into a sister bank near us or send a notarized letter saying that the notary saw the origina licence I would have went for that but this is just rediculous!!!  These short hours of operation they have makes this situation even longer and drawn out.  I WANT MY MONEY!  I'm like the rest of you, ready to file suit!
Feb 13 2013
Sep 24 2013
Entity: Souix, South Dakota
37, Report #1199229
Jan 03 2015
Western Union Metabank netSpend prepaid card Unfair charges Nationwide
Jan 3 2015I originally owned a Western Union Card. When I called customer service I was told that the card would be phased out and replace by the WU netSpend Prepaid Card. I ordered a card. When I received the card and tried to load my weekly money transfer, via pc, I was not able to! I still do not know why, I did not want to be transferred around anymore. I just opted to go into a location and pick up the money. The problem I have, is, there is a CHARGE FOR EVERY TRANSACTION MADE. A charge between $1 and $3! Who the heck would give away their money like that! Not I! I canceled this card and asked that a check be mailed to me post haste! What the heck! DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME OR ENERGY ON THIS CRAPPY CARD! I am surprised Western Union is involved in such a shoddy product.
Mar 18 2014
Metabank Western Union Prepaid Card Freezes Tax Refund Storm Lake Iowa
Metabank, the issuers of Western Union Prepaid Mastercard are quite deceptive.  They will allow you to get your tax refund loaded onto one of their cards, then proceed to freeze the money.  They will have you send in multiple docuements, including your tax return, W2, Drivers License, Social Security Card, and a utility bill.  After they receive the documents they will keep your money on hold for weeks while they are verified and then send the funds back to the IRS.  When you contact the IRS about the refund money they will tell you they can't receive refund money back.  So where does the money go?  In Metabanks' pockets I suspect. Avoid them at all costs!
Entity: Storm Lake, Iowa
Sep 09 2005
Dan Nelson Auto - JD Byrider - CNAC - MetaBank Dan Nelson files bankruptcy, MetaBank Agreement Council Bluffs Iowa
The following is information found on the Iowa Attorney General's website concerning Dan Nelson's bankruptcy and an agreement met with MetaBank. It is of no good to me because Dan Nelson/CNAC/JD Byrider, sold our loan out to another company. However, it will be of interest to MetaBank customers. http://www.iowaattorneygeneral.org/latest_news/releases/aug_2005/Dan%20Nelson_MetaBank.html Deb Walnut, IowaU.S.A.
Entity: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Nov 14 2009
MetaBank MetaBank Collected $106.00 toward debit card purchases, allowed $25.00 worth of purchases rippedoff $86.00 Salt Lake City, Utah
I purchased an Only1 prepaid debit card for gasoline purchases to avoid using my bank checkcard and to pay at the pumps. The card I purchased was a $100.00 card. The total cost was  $106.00 at the register. The following morning I tried to use the card at the pumps only to discover the card was only good for in store purchases. I prepaid for $20.00 worth of gas and decided to spend the balance immediately and eliminate the card. Imagine my surprise when 30 minutes later at the checkout I discovered the balance on the card was $5. Thats right!!! I paid $106.00 for a card with a purchase value of $25.00 I was ripped off for $86.00
Entity: Salt Lake City, Utah
Feb 06 2013
MetaBank Western Union MoneyWise Card MetaBank BEWARE WILL STEAL YOUR TAX RETURN Internet
DO NOT EVER purchase a prepaid card from any company who use METABANK  for its banking. MY tax preparer suggested I get the westernunion prepaid MasterCard to get my 2013 tax refund. I received my card with no problems..activated. Today was my deposit date for my $9K tax refund..I go to check my account and I'm told by the western union rep that METABANK closed my card and blocked my account and they could not give me a reason. So I would have to call METABANK. Its been a very tough year for me and I need my money this is not fair nor is it acceptable to do things like this to people who work hard for their money only to be stolen by thieves like METABANK. They are not even giving me an explanation I am frustrated because I'm so behind in bills...this is not right. I'm going to be contacting the media!!
May 02 2013
MetaBank Sioux Falls MetaBank Took my Money and Closed my Card 4900 S Western Ave South Dakota
Signed up for another Western Union Moneywise prepaid debit card again. A repeated customer with no prior history of using thie card in he past. Just recently signup online and recieved my card. I had it linked to my savings account so i can easily fund it. The card is just for basic spending use and for traveling. When my savings  account Bank made a test deposit to the card. Metabank fraud unit froze my card for no apparent reason. I had to call and explained to them. The even asked me to conference call the other bank to verify myself with them which was clearly done. The odd part about this is that i had sent MetaBank a cashiers check that was discussed and arrainged before it was mailed to them. After hours being on the call with the fraud dept and holding they decided to cancel the card because they felt it was not a good fit to me to use.Yes even though i was previous customer with good past history use on the card most mostly used in the Philippines when I went on vacation. Not only had t0  faxed over verifiable documents of my identiy, snn and address. That was not returned so i considered this as ID theft. They had given me bogus employee id numbers when asked as well.
Entity: 4900 S Western Ave , Delaware
Feb 15 2014
MetaBank Only1 Prepaid Visa METABANK - Only1 Prepaid Visa Stole Won't Release or Return My Tax Refund Salt Lake City Utah
I was expecting my tax return to be direct deposited into my Only1 Visa Prepaid account issued through MetaBank. I called one day before my deposit date to see if there were a deposit pending, I was told Yes and that it would be available immediately after it posts. So I waited till later on that day. When I went to log into my account it I was shocked to find it was locked without any notification what so ever. When I called customer I was advised that my account was temporarily cancelled and I would need to send in verification to get my account reactivated. I was also advised that the review of my verfication would take up to 48 hours to complete. I was told to fax in copies of my Driver's License, Social Secuity card, and a utility bill. So I followed the instructions and did as they requested. After 48 hours passed I called back because I was still unable to log into my account and access my funds. Now I was being told that the bill I faxed in wasn't good enough, that they were having trouble verifying the information on it and to fax in another bill. So again, I complied. I just wanted to get it over with. Called back again, this time being told that I had failed verification twice and now my account was be closed permanently. I asked how and why I could fail verification but my question was never answered. The rep just kept repeating that the account was being close permanently. She even threatend that she was going to hang up and end the call. I couldn't believe what was happening! They were denying me access to my legitimate funds. I asked to talk to be transferred to Only1's ID verification department. The rep then transferred me to Maurice in the risk department who repeated again that my account is closed for good. He was very rude. He even stated that he would hang up if I started talking about legal, even though I hadn't mentioned a thing about the law. I asked that my funds be returned to the IRS immediately. However, Maurice told me that my funds would remain there on holld until the IRS requests them back. I can't understand why MetaBank feels they have the right to withhold money rather than simply returning it. At this point, I am preparing to fight for what's mine.I cannot begin to understand how MetaBank can take from so many people, have so many consumer complaints, and still be allowed to operate in the prepaid debit business. I don't know what kind of scheme they've got going on but I do know they are withholding money from many people. They routinely block access to funds, close accounts and hold funds. They use ID verification as an excuse to take money.DO NOT let this happen to you! Avoid using any prepaid debit cards issued by MetaBank. If you apply for a prepaid debit card, check the terms and make sure it DOES NOT say issued by METABANK. Need more proof? Look at all of the complaints accross web by Googling Metabank complaints. MetaBank's practices are very deceptive and not in the best interest of the consumer. IF YOU HAVE FALLEN VICTIM TO METABANK'S DECEPTIVE PRACTICES, I urge you to file a complaint now with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection. Here is the link: http://www.consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints/index.html
Entity: Salt Lake City, Utah
May 14 2015
Faster Money Visa from Metabank Faster Money Metabank Prepaid Visa Metabank Visa FasterMoney They Keep YOUR MONEY Hostage When You Load Their Card ... Unable to access MY funds!!! Nationwide
Thinking About Getting a FasterMoney Visa Prepaid Card? Don't Do It! They will keep your money... RipOff Alert: When I first saw the polished-style Faster Money from Metabank website offering a Visa PrePaid Card that they conveniently call FasterMoney allowing me to get paid 2 days faster with their card and even deposit checks right from my cell phone I was delighted!     You know how the sayin goes: If it's too good to be true ... likely it isn't This is exactly the case with the Visa Faster Money Prepaid Card from MetaBank, and I pray this report serves as a warning for people considering their services.And no, I am not a competitor trying to steal business from their FasterMoney Visa Card, or from MetaBank ... I'm a regular guy who DEPENDS on his hard earned money to pay bills, just like most of the population of the United States right now ... I do live paycheck to paycheck. Needless to say that when they kept hostage MY $319.12 USD after I trusted them and decided to use their so-called convenient Faster Money Visa Card and transferred funds to it; that really made me upset.  It has been a week now which I have been unable to access my money! ...       As you can see, they didn't only keep my funds hostage but the folks at FasterMoney decided to further humilliate me by categorizing my transaction as Fraud right on my online account page! I assume PFRAUD means potential fraud for Metabank however there is no need to treat one of their valued Visa Card customers that way ...I immediately placed a call to the 800# listed on the back of the FasterMoney card, and I was greeted by a monotone agent which was utterly unable to comprehend the situation and kept repeating lines (so obvious) from the script they gave her during training ...When I asked for a supervisor she put me on hold for 17+ minutes, on her defense I was surprise the call did not get disconnected or that she didn't transfer the call straight to a voicemail inside Faster Money/Metabank offices ...I did get transferred to a live supervisor by the name of Bryan which sounded very confident and asked me to fax a copy of my statement to them so they can verify the same transaction that they already had even MORE information than the one that shows on the statement! Even if I don't have a fax machine at home, I went ahead and purchased an online fax service and I was able to provide the necessary information just to humor the folks at Metabank ...      Ok the fax went through, and I was assured by Bryan that they will take 48 hrs for resolution ... imagine my surprise when I receive a call today from Kyle who not only informed me that the funds are still hostage with FasterMoney, but that I had to contact the company that transferred the fund and have them to call their special 800# number to unlock the funds ...I can totally understand if this was a large amount of money, but really while $319.12 do make a difference in the life of a regular guy like me to feed my family, it is not even a small dent for a financial organization such as MetaBank, really it's MY MONEY and they already have all the details they need, even if categorized incorrectly they should allow a temporary credit to the account or similar resolution instead of keeping MY MONEY (did I say that before?)So now I'm still waiting ... An email was sent to Payza, which is the payment processor that sent the money asking for help on this matter, which will probably extend the wait on my end and the people at Faster Money Visa Card could not care less ... THIS IS WHY I THINK THEY KEEP MONEY HOSTAGE FROM CONSUMERS:In digging a little further ... the guys at Metabank seem to run a lot of reward programs in which they out of thin air credit member's accounts to refer other members to get their card AND LOAD IT ... usually on the $20 Bonus rangeSo that makes me wonder ... are they using MY FUNDS to provide those handsome bonuses to other members? I can't really say ... CONCLUSION:If you are considering the convenience to get a FasterMoney Visa Prepaid Card from MetaBank ... do yourself a favor and DON'T DO IT!While their customer service has proven to be responsive and even courteous ... all the apologies in the world will not pay your bills, if you depend on the money that you loaded on your Visa Card from FasterMoney/Metabank.Oh they will apologize a lot! But still keep your money hostage.You have been warned ...
May 01 2017
METABANK , VISA ONE VANILLA Bancorp. Visa One Vanilla Metabank THIEVES : METABANK AND VISA ONE VANILLA sioux falls sd
 METABANK TOOK MY MONEY AND LOAD ONLY 30% OF IT ON MY CARD. ARROGANT AND LAZY CUSTOMER SERVICE WHO REFUSED TO FIX IT. NEVER BUY ANY CARD ISSUED BY METABANK : YOU WILL SAVE MONEY
Aug 24 2007
CashVantage - Metabank - cash Advance - advance America Put money on pre-paid credit card but was embesseled ripoff Butler Pennsylvania
I put money on a pre-paid credit card at the Cash Advance at the Point Plaza in Butler. My intention was to use the card to purchase books I needed for a course I am taking. When I tried to use the card an hour later it was declined. I called the number on the back of the card and they said I was charged fees. I called the Cash Advance where I bought the card and the new guy, Mark was very rude and said I needed to call the number on the back of the card again. He said that it wasn't his problem and that it was metabank even though they sold me the card. I called the 800 number and heard on the automated system that every time you call they charge a fee. No one would help me with this problem and my money is gone. I can't proceed with my course because I don't have my books. No one will give me my money back that was basically embesseled from my card. I had an pre-paid account with the same company before and large ammounts of money disapeared from my account. It looks like they are skimming peoples accounts. Christine butler, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Butler, Pennsylvania
Jan 11 2008
ACCOUNTNOWACCOUNTNOW / MetaBank They won't release funds put on hold by QVC. QVC has sent 5 requests they claim they have yet to get one. Taylor, TX Internet
I made a purchase 2 weeks ago and 300 of my hard earned money was put on hold in my prepaird card account. The company QVC oversold the item and I did not want to wait for it so I cancelled my order. QVC faxed day after day letters to account now telling them to release my funds. They were suppose to release my funds within hours of getting the fax. Everytime I called they claimed they did not receive the fax. I know for a fact QVC sent the funds, I cancelled an order on another account (another company) that same day and that same day my funds were released. At one point after numerous faxes an employee from account now even went on a 3 way call with me to QVC. STILL NO FUNDS RELEASED. It has been a few weeks and they still have my money on hold. I forced someone this morning to find my faxes. They found them and said give them one hour and my funds would be available. Once again, hours later NO FUNDS. My money is still in limbo. Jennared Taylor, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Mar 16 2012
Metabank Upside Prepaid Cards Lousy, Lousy, Lousy customer service. Agents apparently from foreign country. Internet, Internet
I had a Metabank Upside account that I just closed.  First let me say that Metabank's prepaid cards charge you a fee to call customer service, I believe it's $2.95.  Even if you call again  that day, you still have to pay the fee. They have also have some of the worst customer service I have ever run into.  The agents are apparently from a foreign country, based on their accents, and I can't understand half of what they say because of it, nor can they quite understand what I say.  Recently they lost one of my retirement checks that was supposed to have been deposited by direct deposit.  Apparently they had the wrong account #, but they could have looked it up using my name and SSN.  I talked to a customer service agent through email, I didn't want to pay  the fee every time I had to call, and it took a month to no avail.  I finally called my employer and found that Metabank had sent the deposit back to my employer several weeks before and they would reissue it into the correct account.  If Metabank would have done this in the first place  there wouldn't have been a problem and I would have had that deposit long before now.  That shows me that the customer service agents at Upside don't have a clue as to what they're doing.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jan 07 2013
Money Network Metabank Money Network Operations Ripoff Company. Never deal with this fraudulent company. Internet, Internet
This company withdraw my $569 from my debit card without any authorization from me. When I filed a dispute for these fraudulent charges I received a response the this was a stolen Pin issue and Money Network was not responsible for that. This is obvious case of Scam and Fraud from Money Network Metabank.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jan 14 2013
Western Union Debit Card (MetaBank) Ripoff Alert for Prematurely Closed Account Internet
I received a debit card for a refund from a third party. The refund was for $10. I mistakenly mislaid the card for about 6 months. I found the card and went to activate the debit card and was told the account is closed. It seems the company refunding the money to me gave the money to Western Union (MetaBank) and Western Union (Metabank) would simply like to keep the money. I have called five times as of today. Every time I call I am told they are trying to verify my address. I have lived at the same location for several years. Western Union keeps telling me to call back in 24-48 hours. I guess Western Union (MetaBank) hopes I give up my efforts. WESTERN UNION (METABANK) DEBIT CARD APPEARS TO BE A TOTAL RIPOFF TO ME.  I will certainly never use the Western Union (MetaBank) debit card again.

Approximately 193 Reports Found