OUTRAGEOUS POPULAR RIP OFF Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: outrageous popular rip off

There may be more reports for "outrageous popular rip off"

For more results perform a general search for "outrageous popular rip off"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Mar 14 2008
JK HARRIS & COMPANY OUTRAGEOUS POPULAR RIP OFF NORTH CHARLESTON South Carolina
OUTRAGEOUS POPULAR RIP OFF DID DO ANY WORK ON MY CASE HELD ON TO MY PAPERS WORK FOR ABOUT YEAR!! TOOK MY MONEY NOTHING WAS EVER DOING TO HELP ME JUST THAT THEY WAS SORRY I FOUND OUT LATER THEY NEVER TALKED TO THE PEOPLE THEY JUST WASTED MY TIME AND MONEY WHAT A LOST. Pat Athens, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina
Oct 19 2016
Periodicals Countrywide Periodicals Outrageous & Popular Rip-Off by Sales People Hamiliton Montana
I received a call in April about magazines and I thought it was to purchase only five magazines for so many months, so I could be entered into a sweepstakes or something like that.  Well, anyways the next thing I know is that I am getting a letter sayiing that I am to pay for five years of magazines six kinds and 60 issues of each one and could change them at anytime.  What I didn't know it was going to cost me $49.81 a month and I couldn't do that, I called them and told them that was not what I agreed to so they said they would drop it to $16.60 per month to help me out.  Anyways I couldn't do this and I looked more into it and found out it was a scam being done on people according to the BBB.  And now they won't stop harrasing me daily or every three days about me sending money by check or making a withdraw from my checking.  I have had more than one lady call me and not very nice after awhile.  I have been threatened to have me turned over to collections and now they are using multiple phone numbers from all different states so you can't track them down or block them.  I am tired of this and want it to stop.  Can you help me?
Entity: Hamiliton, Montana
Dec 10 2006
POPULAR KICKS POPULAR KICKS IS A RIP-OFF Internet
I ordered shoes from popular kicks on July 4,2006. I received the shoes on 9/11/06. The shoes came from Hong Kong. The shoes were the wrong size. I requested a refund from popular kicks. They sent me an email with a return address which was located in Lithonia, Ga. I returned the shoes on 10/4/06 but I have not received a refund. The website for popular kicks is no longer active. Anita BILOXI, MississippiU.S.A.
4, Report #1241980
Jul 15 2015
Popular Mechanics Magazine Deceit, intentional, rude Nationwide
Popular Mechanics magazine stored my credit card information for just under a year and entered a charge for an exhorbitant amount ($24) for a subscription that i did not order nor authorize.   I filed an online complaint about this, asked how they authorized such a thing and where did they get my credit card number.   Then did not respond.  I tried to call them but it took 2 days before i found a phone number.  person on the other end refused to answer any questions about their illegal use of my credit card, the storage of my credit card info, very rude, tried to sell me an extended subscription, i said no, she then said my acct would be credited and hung up on me.   This is intentional deceit and probably fraudulent theft of funds through my credit card.  i did like the magazine but will have notlhing more to do with this sort of business model.
Entity: Nationwide
Feb 07 2008
Popular Science - Popular Science Gift Subscription RIP OFF Palm Coast Florida
Watch out for these sleazy hucksters. They'll tout a really cheap Christmas gift subscription ($12 for the first one; $10 for the second one -- we'll bill you later) and will bill you for $28.50. What a scam. Jdix Boston, MassachusettsU.S.A.
Entity: Palm Coast, Florida
Feb 27 2003
Popular Club is popular Rip-off slow processing Garfield New Jersey
Popular Club is not so popular with me. This is the secound time I have had Problems with this Company. The first time was when my wife became a secretary for them. When she ordered things for people they promissed to deliver in 2 to 3 weeks. When it started taken 6 weeks, that was just to much to handle. Not only did they not get the shipment out in time, if they didn't have what you ordered they just took it upon themselves to send whatever they thought was fair. Come on, when you order a Vet and they send you a Chevy Nova, Thats rediculious. This time is even worst. I ordered sneakers and boots for my whole family through someone else. Again they said it would be 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. Six weeks went bye and no sign of my stuff. So I cancelled the order as my kids needed them for school, not spring break. The secretary I was using called the same day to cancell the order. They sent them anyway. She had to send them back at her expence and demand my rerfund. It has been 7 weeks and I still have not seen my money. I have called them about my money and get nothing but a run around. They keep saying its the secretary's resonsability. How do they figure its hers when they have my money. About the only thing they are Popular for is making you waite and never sending you your money. I just talked to my secretary and she is about to tell them to get lost as my wife did. She is going to give me my money and continue to fight with them for it. And by the way, after sending a letter to them 3 or 4 years ago to let them know my wife no longer wanted to be a secretary, they still think she is. Can you imagine that. David New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Garfield, New Jersey
Jul 27 2004
Popular Leasing USA, Inc, Norvergence Parter Lies to me, threatenes me! Rip-off! Ballwin Missouri
Hello, I'm in the same situation as most of you. NorVergence agreed to services, reneged, went bankrupt and a Leasing Company is now trying to enforce NorVergence's contract. I found a ruling by the FTC regarding a similar instance in which Company A defrauded customers and then transferred to Company B the leasing agreements. The FTC ruled and a federal court upheld the ruling that the contracts with conditions similar to those found in Norvergence violated Section 5 of the FTC ACT. I'm going to a lawyer to discuss things. Michael Waldorf, MarylandU.S.A.
Jul 25 2004
Norvergence and Popular Leasing rip-off! Newark New Jersey
Hello, I got scammed by NorVergence. They installed a Matrix 2003 box. But there was no ISP for the t1 line or any other connections. I was told that it would be put into service in five weeks. Next thing I know, I'm getting harassing telephone calls from Popular leasing who now holds the rental agreement saying that I owe them for the rental of equipment- $18712- that's never been put into service and has little to no value to me at all. Michael Waldorf, MarylandU.S.A.
Entity: Newark, New Jersey
Jan 30 2008
Copeland Marketing Corporation/Mr. Blankenship Outrageous-Popular Rip-Off everyone or anyone who does business with them should except to get scammed. The BBB should close them permanently, or the States Attorney General. South Daytona Florida
The company pursued me by phone at my office, until a Mr. Blankenship insteaded that they would be able to offer my Time Share property to vistors at the Daytona Freeway races and get them to come into their location where they would be able to persuade them to buy my time share. They said that the fee from me of $400 would give them gifts to also help entice customers to review my ideal location. This was two years ago, and since that time I have called the Florida Better Business Bureau, and made complaints there as well to no advail. They stated the copeland Marketing Group never promised that they would or could sell my property at any time, and their fees were soley for advertising purposes only.I also never received any calls updating me about the time share, or if anyone even was interested in buying it. I thought they would help me market my time share since it's location in Aruba is an area everyone would be interested in vacationing at least once. I called them many times since then and they tried to get more money out of me, stating that the first fees were for only one year and I had to pay again if I wanted to advertise it with their company.My wife and I thought that if you couldn't sell it in two years what makes you think you could do it if we gave you more money, no way. George Elmwood Park, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: South Daytona, Florida
Aug 10 2004
Popular Leasing USA Owned By Banco and Norvergence rip-off! Bait and switch scheme! Ballwin, Missouri *EDitor's Comment... Class Action lawsuit is useless.
I was contacted by Norvergence, who basically described themselves as a communciations company, a joint venture of IBM, Lucent Technologies, Cisco Systems, etc. They were to give me a T-1 line with full office communications for 3 phone lines, unlimited calling local and long distance, 800 number, a Treo 600 cell PDA phone, internet connections to 3 computers, etc. The total was to be around $358 a month. They got as far as signing an agreement for service and mounting a box in my office. The box was never connected to any wires, I never received any cell phone nor did I use any service of theirs, one because they didn't make good on any of their responsibilities because they couldn't pay their own bills. Just before they went out of business to try and get some capital they sold the rental agreement without my permission to Popular Leasing. You have to understand this is like the cable company selling your rental agreement on your cable box for the full price of the monthly service you subscribed to. Now the cable company goes out of business and you are stuck with a non working cable box and the monthly payments as if you were getting 200 stations. Fair... you judge. Popular leasing is participating in an immoral and unethical campaign to rob the little guy because they the big guy didn't do their homework... they should have known that the box they were buying the lease on could be bought in a store for $600 not $15k and why does the box differ in cost from one to another if the box is the same one that every one has. This is extortion and corporate complicity, no different from ENRON, WORLDCOM, and others. The executives of these companies should be criminally prosecuted for their company's actions, until someone pays a price or they fear judgement people like myself and other honest business people will continue to suffer from the abusive nature of the current corporate mentality. Ted Cheswick, PennsylvaniaU.S.A. Norvergence Victims... ..It is the opinion of the Rip-off Report staff that a Class Action will not work in this situation and will only lead victims down a long path of disappointment. In order for an attorney to take on such a case, there needs to be money. NorVergence clearly went belie-UP! / defunked / Bankrupt, which means, there is NO MONEY! Once a bone afide lawyer contacts Rip-off Report with a plan, we will be glad to make arrangements with them to e-mail those of you who filed a Rip-off Report. CLICK below to read more about our policy.. ... A policy to protect our readers NOTE: The above is not legal advise. Victims should seek legal advice to be sure. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. ED Magedson Founder EDitor@RipoffReport.com badbusinessbureau.com www.ripoffreport.com We are not lawyers. We are not a collection agency. We are Consumer Advocates. ...the victims' advocate We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency ...by consumers, for consumers
Aug 16 2004
Norvergence, Popular Leasing rip-off! Now stuck in lease Newark New Jersey *EDitor's Comment ..Class Action lawsuit is useless
Would appreciate any input from others stuck in lease with Liberty Bank. Luckily I was uncomfortable with a 5 year plan and ammended my contract to 3 years but am still stuck. Have considered joining a class action suit but I have heard many oppositions to that as well. Have contacted Liberty Bank but they rebutted with a letter stating I'm still responsible. Wouldn't suprise me if they knowingly took on these leases from Norvergence with complete knowledge of the future colapse and all legal mumbo-jumbo sticks us with the lease. Larry North Lima, OhioU.S.A. Norvergence Victims... ..It is the opinion of the Rip-off Report staff that a Class Action will not work in this situation and will only lead victims down a long path of disappointment. In order for an attorney to take on such a case, there needs to be money. NorVergence clearly went belie-UP! / defunked / Bankrupt, which means, there is NO MONEY! Once a bone afide lawyer contacts Rip-off Report with a plan, we will be glad to make arrangements with them to e-mail those of you who filed a Rip-off Report. CLICK below to read more about our policy.. ... A policy to protect our readers NOTE: The above is not legal advise. Victims should seek legal advice to be sure. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. ED Magedson Founder EDitor@RipoffReport.com badbusinessbureau.com www.ripoffreport.com We are not lawyers. We are not a collection agency. We are Consumer Advocates. ...the victims' advocate We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency ...by consumers, for consumers
Entity: Newark, New Jersey
Dec 16 2004
Popular Leasing USA Rip-off! Fraud, Dishonest, Ignores Attorney General Subpoenas, Sues Companies at 1st chance, Hositle, Conspirator-NOT people of their word. Ballwin Missouri
Along with hundreds of other companies that had Popular Leasing (Popular) fraudulently assigned to them as their Norvergence (NV) rental agent, (Popular calls it a lease) for a Matrix box that was supposed to engineer the unlimited telecommunications usage for a flat rate, with all of the telecom servces included (local, long distance, cell, internet, datacom). I was forced to find new telecom services from various providers when NV was forced into bankruptcy in July, 2004. Popular was one of the leasing companies who forced NV into bankruptcy and is contending that I (as well as other defrauded customers) am still responsible for the lease of around $1800 a month for 5 years. Popular said that it is not their problem, even though they forced this action. I called XO Communications at Popular's suggestion and they were unable to help me duplicate the service at a cost near to what was being provided by NV, and worse, said that the Matrix box (which Popular held my lease for) was worthless. It was unusable for their service, but they still want to enforce the lease? Sound a little shady? Every representative of this company that I have talked to has lied to me. As an example, I was told (in a letter by Phyllis Hardcastle, VP) I needed insurance for the equipment (worth approx. $4000--$1000 x 4 units), though they required that I insure it for the cost of the entire lease ($100,000). When I told Sharon Moss (referred to her by Hardcastle as the company insurance guru) their own insurance company offered only replacement cost for the equipment, I was told that I didn't need to buy it, as I already had equipmnet insurance for all of the rest of my equipment in my facility. Without my knowledge, they billed me for the insurance anyway. When I called to talk about a past due bill when my services had not yet been installed, I was yelled at by the General Manager, Steve Marler, saying he was busy and I interrupted him. I don't think I've ever experienced worse customer service and I don't believe any reputable company would act in this manner. Not only do I have communications equipment that is essentially useless, it is now secondary to Popular Lease's legal action. I am now being sued for non-payment of this lease, even though several State's Attorneys General have required Popular to stop collections from and legal proceedings to customers like me. There are lawsuits pending with the US AG, FTC, State AG's and a class action against Popular, but they are increasing their lawsiut activity, anyway, in hopes of getting some quick cash in before the courts force them to stop. Popular Leasing- clearly in on the scam. Follows their own rules. None that are good business tactics. I will never use them or any affiliated Banco Popular (their parent) companies. again. Ross des plaines, IllinoisU.S.A.
Dec 16 2004
Popular Leasing USA, Norvergence rip-off! fraud, Dishonest, Ignores Attorney General Subpoenas, Sues Companies at 1st chance, Hostile, Conspirator! NOT people of their word. Ballwin Missouri
Aug 11 2009
My Google Payday.com Joel Comm My Internet Payday.com Outrageous and popular ripoffs from My Payday taking monies from my account without permission Loveland Colorado *NOTICE..!! this ripoff has nothing to do with Google search engine - many rip-off businesses use the Google name to fool consumers.
I am very upset with My Google payday, as I feel they are attracting people to their site, sucking them in with their $1 fee and that's all you pay. I joined up because I thought for $1.oo I might as well give it a go and then I received my bank statement and found that further amounts have been taken without my permission. I now have to go to my bank to stop the payday site taking any more monies from my account. I am not impressed at all and have now become very wary of all web sites with offers. I think they should be shutdown and should have to reimburse all monies taken out of my account. It makes me wonder how many people have been taken for a ride by Joel Comm. How much money is he actually making from pelople like myself. A total conartist. Leanne Umina BeachAustralia
Entity: Loveland,, Colorado
Jan 24 2014
Tonaderm Outrageous Greenville South Carolina
I was just searching for job 2 weeks ago in the web and suddenly this tonaderm pop up and I look at it. It says good for anti wrinkle, free trial and jusy pay for the shipping fee of $4.95. At first I was hesitant because i never tried to buy any items online especially for beauty products. But i was thinking it says free trial and only shipping fee so I did. after that when I checked my creditcard I saw I was deducted twice $4.95.    But i didnt call the company yet I just called my bank, they said i have to call them first but I didnt have time to follow up because I went  to Virginia.After a week or last night I checked my account I was deducted by tonaderm of $98.14. I said to myself What the heck is this? I tried to call them last night but they said its not office hours, So itried to call them this morning and I waited for than an hour for them to transfer me to customer service but it didnt go through.    So I gave up waiting. I tried again and same thing happened. So i just called my bank and filled for dispute. This is a scam to me! I'm really pissed my bank said I have to cancel to them. I said what would I cancell I didnt agree with anything. I just want to try the free sample.
Entity: Greenville, South Carolina
Mar 09 2009
Priceline.com OUTRAGEOUS and POPULAR RIPPOFF Norwalk, Conn. Internet
On February 10th I purchased airline tickets thru priceline. I went back in to change my seats so that my husband and I could be seated together. It was excepted and supossedly changed thru priceline, however when I confirmed my seats with the airline co. My seats were NOt changed on my outbound flight. I have a printed copy from priceline. They aslo offered me a rental car at $9.00/per day for 3/12/09 thru 3/31/09 from DFW. However when I chose this car it was denied. I tried to call them continously for 6-8hrs and never was able to speak to a real person, Only William Shattner recording. I then sent them an e-mail and they responded with a phone Number to call and a request # to enter. when I finally reached a real person, she indicated that it was denied because they had NO inventory!! Why would anyone list rental cars with NO inventory and then tell you it was denied because the price is to LOW! I requested to speak to a manager, when I spoke with him, he said that the price listed there has to be negotiated. I asked Then why do you list this price and NO where on this web page do you state that it HAS to be Negotiated. If i wanted to negotiate the price myself I would have done that, But this price is what you have listed. He had no answer form me, This is very misleading, and false advertisement, and fraudulant. I would reccomend that SOMEONE REALLY SCRUTINIZE this company and all you people out there BE AWARE with this CO. They are RIPOFFS!! This is the phone # they gave me 1-800-340-0575 Good luck!!! Carol berryville, VirginiaU.S.A.
May 03 2008
VistaPrint Outrageous Rip-Off Bait-in-Switch Website Promotion Scam Internet
I took advantage of VistaPrints website offer more than a year ago. They charged my credit card $6.98 per month which I thought was very reasonable. As a matter of fact, I maintained 3 separate websites from VistaPrint using Sitebuilder to effectively design the sites. I contacted VistaPrint while having a problem with one of the sites. At that time, a young lady told me that VistaPrint was offering a promotion for 2 free months of web hosting if I turned my monthly paying account to an annual paying account. I specifically asked the young lady if she was stating that I would get 14 months of internet hosting for the price of 12 months. She stated yes. She stated that my charge card would be charged $83.76. I thought this was a deal, so I changed the other two websites to annual pay as well in order to receive 2 months free. When I got my bank statement, VistaPrint had overcharged each account by more than $60. Each website account was charged a different amount for the same promotion, instead of the amount that was authorized by me. I went through so very, very, very, much just to get the adjustments. I finally worked out the adjustments with a supervisor of VistaPrint in November 2007. She did apologize and re-confirmed my two additional months free for each site. Today, I received a notice that my sites were in jeaopardy of shutting down unless I furnished an updated credit card with VistaPrint. I changed credit cards in December after my original was stolen. I contacted VistaPrint and asked them why they needed an updated credit card so soon when my billing cycle wasn't up until January 2009. I was told that they saw my credit card was about to expire, so that is why the email was sent to me. The gentleman then explained that my billing cycle will start in November of 2008. I asked him what about the two months free promotion I received for changing my monthly account to an annual account. He said there was no such promotion given to me. I believe VistaPrint is now stating that annual now means 10 months instead of the 12 months I paid for. Really, they are ripping me off about 2 months for paying annually. I was just fine with paying $6.98 per month. There would not have been any reason for me to change my accounts to annual unless a too good to be true offer was made. VistaPrint did just that and I was scammed into that promotion. Well, here is the actual help ticket of our conversation below: You wrote on 5/1/08 at 6:55am: I have received the following emails concerning my websites expiration. They all indicate that my websites will expire May 2008. However, I believe I paid annually for these websites in November 2007. I was promised 12 months with 2 extra months for paying annually. Why then is VistaPrint getting ready to charge me in May 2008? My 3 Website addresses are: Your Web Site Information Dear Jacque, Our records indicate your credit card is about to expire. Please update your credit card information so that your web site can remain active. If it does expire, you could lose both your domain and web site. Keeping your web site active will allow you to attract and keep in constant contact with your customers, and continue to give your business a branded look and feel that goes with your other materials. Please click here and click on Edit to enter your updated credit card information. Sincerely, Lori Holt Director of Customer Benefits Ben wrote on 5/1/08 at 10:20am: Hi Jacque, Thank you for contacting us. Your renewal date for your web package is 11/09/2008. We will not charge you untill then. Your credit card on file is expiring that's why you were asked to update it. Ben Internet Product & Support Specialist Homestead Technologies You wrote on 5/1/08 at 1:51pm: Thanks Ben. What about the two free months I was to receive for paying annually. Shouldn't my billing renewal date be January 9, 2008? Ben wrote on 5/1/08 at 4:59pm: Hi Jacque, The two months free is only for the Gold or Platinum package. How it works is you pay for 10 months in advance and you'll get 12 months of service. This offer is only available if you switch your account to Homestead. Ben Internet Product & Support Specialist Homestead Technologies You wrote on 5/1/08 at 10:22pm: Dear Ben, This is not the deal that I received from the young lady who made the offer to me. She promised me 12 months plus 2 additional months for paying annually. There always seem to be some tricks to VistaPrint offers no matter what you order. I am starting to believe all of those scam emails on the internet. I seem to be spending so much time fighting VistaPrint for unfair advertisement and offers. Now, you are mentioning Gold and Silver to me that was never mentioned in our agreement for 2 extra months after one year. The customer service representative made it very clear to me that I would receive 14 months of service that included two additional months after 12 months. Ben wrote on 5/2/08 at 4:13pm: Hi Jacque, We never had a 14 months for 12 months promotion. Our promotion is you'll get 2 months free if you annualize your account, which means that you'll get 12 months of service for the price of 10 months. Our billing system is setup to run monthly, yearly or bi-yearly only, it cannot run every 14 months. Ben Internet Product & Support Specialist Homestead Technologies You wrote on 5/2/08 at 11:23pm: Then you should take that up with the Young Lady who gave me 2 extra months in addition to me paying for 12 months. This is just another scheme of VistaPrint. I will report this situation to the BBB and post it on the web. VistaPrint never really means what they say, in every instance. My entire experience with VistaPrint has always been misconceptions no matter what the issue is, it always come out the same. VistaPrint didn't really mean what they say or advertise. I will pray that you will find another job where you don't have to play in the devil's den by deceiving people to make a living. Jacque' Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Sep 03 2008
Farmers Furniture OUTRAGEOUS!!! HUGE RIP OFF Hinesville Georgia
I first purchased furniture from Farmers in April of 2008. I purcased a sofa and and king size bed frame. When they delivered my furniture the sofa was torn. So they said they would leave the torn sofa with me until they deliverd me a new sofa. After almost a month of no word from them I called to see where my sofa was and it had been in their store for at least a week and they said nothing to me. They gave me a deal of a small amount off because I was angry about no phone call and my furniture just sitting there. About a week later they came with the new sofa and surprise surprise it was ripped. My husband decided to go to the store and pick a different sofa. So we picked out a sectional for alot more money. When they delivered it the sofa was torn, one of our end tables was broken and the wedge for the sectional wasn't there.Plus the bed frame I bought was all cracked on the wooden support rails. We were highly upset so they tried to work another deal and take off a little more money. We thought they were trying to be helpful.Well after a couple weeks they delivered a new sofa and the wedge. The wedge was ripped. They brought us another one and it was ripped. We had to go on vacation so we told them they would have to deliver the new wedge when we came home. We spoke with the manager while on vacation and he said they ordered three different wedges while we were on vacation that were all ripped. so fineally they have one in the store that is not ripped. Let me tell you, the date is September 3, 2008 and I still am waiting for my new wedge. Now all of our furniture is ripping in places and wood is poking through the back of the sofa . You know what the manager says to my husband about it? He says well you are paying $1,400 and it only costs about $500 to make so you are getting $500 quality furniture. His suggestion was to just buy more exspensive furniture. So instead of apoligizing and trying to fix the problem he says he wants to take our furniture and give us our money back. He is acting like we are the problem for wanting decent furniture that is paid for with hard earned money. Brandie Hinesville, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Entity: Hinesville, Georgia
Oct 16 2000
Cross Country Bank Credit Card ..absolutely outrageous rip-off
I was sent an offer for a free credit card in the mail. I accepted the offer only to find that the cost of the card was already deducted once I received the card. I charged an amount less than the card limit. Now the re-payment amount is doubling and tripling and I cut up the card one year ago. I was sending a monthly payment and instead of money being deducted it was increasing. There is a late fee, and the late fee takes you over the limit. I charged about $400.00 maximum and my balance is almost $2,000.00. I have tried calling and making arrangements, but I was told that the price would continue to rise with the late and over limit fees. It is as if I will have to pay for the rest of my life and I have not even used the card in about a year. Now they have an attorney trying to sue me for non-payment. This is absolutely outrageous, I desperately want to settle this matter...
Entity: Boca Raton, Florida
Jun 07 2012
MymaxsavingsClub Outrageous rip-off Deerfield Beach, Florida
On May 15,2012 I chose to enter an opinion poll concerning the President of the USA. At the end of the poll it stated that I had to call a 1-800 to verify who I was and get the poll results. I did so and this advertising company stated that I would receive a $100.00 gas card if I tried their savings club subscription. The trial date was for 14 days after which I would receive the gas card even if I did not subscribe.  I never received the gas card, I received a membership card and a reminder that after 14 days I would automatically be billed for $16.95 on a monthly basis. The coupons were for items I do not use. I never received the gas card and the results of the poll was a scam to dupe Facebook users into scam.
Entity: Deerfield Beach, Florida
21, Report #832031
Jan 31 2012
The Ultimate Facial Outrageous Rip-off Internet
I went to this website, I was promised a $100 Gift Card it I would try thier Trial offer for only $2.87.  Sounds fair.  I ordered the product on a Thur evening, I rec'd it on Sat, On Mon there was another debit to my checking account for $3.87 and on Wed there was a debt for $78.41. I had canceled my membership with The Ultimate Facial on Wed, so I was a little upset to see a debit from my account.  On thursday I called the customer service I spoke with a lady who basicly was reading from a script and did not speak very good english.  She told me I could not get a refund no exceptions, I asked if I could speak to her supervior and I was told Supervisor in meeting can call back later, and we were disconnected.  I called back and spoke to someone else who again did not speak very good english, I asked to speak with a Supervisor she stated No Supervior today supervior can call back.  When I got home, because I had to call from work their office hours are 8am to 5pm Mon - Friday, there was a mesg on my phone Stating I could not get a refund because I canceled to late, NO Exceptions. I have been charged $78.41 plus $3.87 for shipping for something I never rec'd and they will not refund me anything, Oh and about that $100 Visa Gift Card I was offered I never Rec'd that either.  This is a bad scam, Please dont let this happen to you.
Entity: , Internet
Aug 05 2009
UGGSalea.com False advertising... FAKE merchandise... Outrageous rip off..Nationwide
I purchased 2 pairs of ugg australia boots for $176. they arrived from CHINA instead of a retail business. opened the box...boots had terrible odor. lining of boots are FAKE...not sheepskin! can't get a hold of anyone...tried emailing many times & got no response no shipping return address Michele hollidaysburg, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jul 08 2005
Direct Merchants Credit Card Bank, A.k.a. Banco Popular A.k.a. Account Central Online Rip-off, inconsiderate, brutal, heartless. Takes and charges money at their convenience. Tulsa Oklahoma
I have been with this company since 2003. Their credit card offer came at a great time (for them) in my life, it was in the mail the day my husband and I left for our honeymoon. Low interest rate, $5,000 credit limit, how great to finanly get a credit card company that we didn't have to pay out tons of interest to. Boy oh boy was I wrong. Interest rate since that time has gone from 0% to 29.99%. Just in the last 6 months alone, it escalated from 16.49 to 29.99% and with no communcation from them. No warning, no note. They just charged it. Then on top of that, the last 6 months have been a difficult time for my family financially, and I have made my payment 1-3 daya late and I get charged $39.00 fee every time. 1 day late?? Ridiculous!!!! I haven't charged $1 on this account since 2004 and I am constantly over my limit. This is only because of their heightened finance charges, overlimit fees and late fees all tacked on to eachother. They say the only way to get out of this hole is to give them hundreds and hundreds of dollars, to which I can't so every month they dig me further and further into debt. DO NOT get a credit card from this company for ANY reason. They lie, cheat and do what they can to rape you for your money. Jennifer Memphis, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Dec 31 2008
OUTRAGEOUS AND POPULAR RIPP OFF Bob Bader and Uncle Bobs ripped me off and set me up for a lost Indianapolis Indiana
I rented from Uncle Bob's Self Storage in May of 2008. When we went there the Manager on Duty advised us that we had to get the insurance, it was not an option. On August of 2008 we recieved a phone call from The Manager on site advising us that our storage has been broken into. Samatha did not call us until around 8 pm that night, when we got there our flat screen tv and surrond sound was noticabily missing. After making the report the insurance company did not want to pay, because we did not have a reciept, I then went on line and tried to find the closest model that look like the one I had, I only had the tv for about a month. When i moved out of the storage in October I found the manual now they want to deny my claim because it was not the one I found on the internet. I have never heard of anything like this I notified the Inurance commision and I want to take them to court for my things we lost alot of valuable things that we lost and alot of the were from my parents and gifts from other family members for my children. I also think that this company need a class action law suit filed against them, because the are a ripp off. I ADVISE ANY ONE WHO LOOKS AT THIS WEB SITE TO BEWARE OF UNCLE BOB SELF STORAGE AND BADER INSURANCE CO. BECAUSE THE ARE ALL WORKING TOGETHER AND GETTING RICH AND RIPPING OF THE CLIENTS ITS NOT FAIR. Jerry and patricia Charlotte, North CarolinaU.S.A.
Entity: Indianapolis, Indiana
Jan 07 2009
FRESHPAIROFNIKES.COM FRESH PAIR OF NIKES Popular Rip Off Internet
I ordered a pair of Bapes on 12/5. My credit card was charged on the 12/7 and I still have not received no shoes. I have sent numerous emails and no replies. I have called many times to be told mail box is full but could leave number for pager, but still no phone calls have been returned. I tried to file a report with the Better Business Bureau, but didn't have all the info required. I needed a physical street address. All I know is the number is a California number. This gives internet sales a bad name, cause they claimed to have being a secured and trustworth site whcih was established in 2006. Have they been ripping people off for two years????????? Marvelousa johnson Cithy, TennesseeU.S.A.

Showing 1-25 | Showing Page 1 of 7,696