Presto Logistics Moving Company Calabasas, Ca Nationwide
- contracted with Presto Logistics in Dec2013, payment by credit card over phone. pickup for 26Feb2014
- we packed all household goods. there were no appliances at all, nor big items like couches, tables, or any beds. lived in a 1 bdrm duplex with a small office. gave complete inventory to representative, henry, & he provided the estimated cubic inches we would have, and cubic inches is how the total cost is derived.
- contracted also, for one harley davidson motorcycle. was informed & assured that only professional & knowledgeable movers would handle the motorcycle.
- movers arrived on time. so far, so good. but, on arrival, had to pay 50% of the amount. this time, my choices were cash, or credit card with a 3% credit card fee additional. we paid cash. the additional 3% fee was never discussed beforehand.
- presto's estimate of cubic inches was 1/2 of actual, so, our cost just doubled. in an attempt to lower costs from full service movers (north american, atlas, united, etc), this just put us over their costs.
- packing our self boxed inventory into the van went ok. my wife then noticed a mover taking a power drill to her harley. he said the windshield needed to be removed & he knew what he was doing. she immediately sent me out, & I found the mover attempting to remove the front fork with his power drill. I removed the windshield in 5 seconds by just pulling it out. after this, we watched the motorcycle loading. once in the van, the same mover took a large ratchet strap & proceeded to ratchet down the harley into the sidewall of the van. before I could stop him, he had totally bent the license plate & frame, put a huge gouge in the tank, and destroyed the kick/jiffy stand spring mechanism. i called henry about this & he assured me no more problems would arise as they drove back to the DFW area.
- we were told all along, that 3 days minimum to deliver, but that 5 days should be no problem. - until delivery, Presto refused to provide any information, except that we would be notified when our goods are re-loaded onto a van for shipment out of DFW.
- after 2 weeks, we started presistently calling Presto for any information. same response, nothing. plus, no one was concerned that it had been over 2 weeks, and no one had contacted us. the 3rd week was the same. finally, on day 30, we received shipping information & the driver called, he was already close to us. upon the arrival of the moving van, even the driver could not believe the shoddy customer support we received. however, he said it was company policy that he could not even open the van door until he had all the funds in his hand, in cash. so, 3 different types of payment required throughout the entire process. we paid him in cash, & our household goods were finally delivered.
- would never, ever, recommend presto logistics to anyone, based on our personal experience.