SPECIALTY STORES Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: specialty stores

There may be more reports for "specialty stores"

For more results perform a general search for "specialty stores"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Jan 05 2005
SMC Specialty Merchandise Corp SMC They won't clarify. Membership Chatsworth California
I was about to purchase a SMC membership, but before you could purchase you have to agree to the SMC Membership Standards on their website www.smcfraudalert.com. But it says that if you purchase a website from one of the proscribed merchants, they will cancel your membership immediately. I cant get any clarification on this from them. Has anyone experienced this problem? If this is true please help me save my $300.00 Edward san diego, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Chatsworth, California
Jun 29 2009
Specialty Merchandise Corporation SMC continues to rip people off Simi VAlley California
After being unemployed and disabled for the past three years I turned to SMC as a way of supplementing my disability, and keeping myself occupied.I had worked with SMC many years ago. At that time, SMC had only one level of membership and no internet marketing. I must admit, this worked well for me, I did make a bit of money and I was sold on the idea that SMC was the way to go. But now I have a whole new view of SMC. They are greedy, unethical and unreasonable. For example today SMC has 5 levels of membership. This was not told to me at the inception. The moment you sign up you are approched by sales reps trying to sell you the next level of membership. The first level of the internet marketing program is not even worth trying because you have less than 10% access to their inventory, while the retail price of these items are under $20.00. At the second level you are forced to purchase gift cards for free distribution to prospective clients. Initial purchases on your site has to be done with a gift card . This is a turn off for most clients. Why would someone who is willing and able to make a purchase have to obtain a gift card to do so? Even though it is a requrement for the initial purchase only, it is still an impedement. To circumvent this problem you have to upgrade by going to higher level - at a cost. Why should someone go through all these hoops just to purchase these inferior products. I do not see the need for them to do this. I hate MLM and I felt this would be the way around that, but I was wrong. Now I am stuck with a number of worthless gift cards and have lost over $1500, that I honestly couldn't afford. SMC had also charged my debit card without permission on one occassion. This forced me to change my card. and not do any business with them. Unhappy camper West Palm Beach, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Simi VAlley, California
Apr 27 2010
AsSeenOnTVWarehouse Imperfect Brownie Internet
My wife and I love brownies, but hate having to cut them into squares after they're baked. The Perfect Brownie - which is a baking device in which brownies are already made into squares while baking -was the apparent solution to our problem. So in February, we ordered it. We received an email later in February confirming shipment - but never received the item. After (6) emails to AsSeenOnTVWarehouse and (2)  telephone calls during which messages including our telephone number were left, no responses have been received. Our February statement fo rthe credit card we used shows a charge for this company. Yet over (2) months later, we're still making Imperfect Brownies.
Entity: , Internet
Oct 16 2004
Specialty Gift Warehouse RIPOFF AND WONT REPLY Internet
I ordered two items from Specialty Gift Warehouse September 29th. I immediately paid for the items and was sent an email confirming my order, giving me an order number and stating my order would be received in 7-10 days or I would be notified if there was a delay. So far I have not received my order and although I have written Elizabeth Percel several times I get no response. I called the number listed in the email I received from Eliabeth Percel(718-384-9405)and got a message that the number is no longer in service. I then called another number listed on the website(718)-628-8296 and got a message that the number had been changed to 347-683-7119. The first time I dialed this last number a person (female) answered the phone. all she said was hello. I asked if this was Specialty Gift Warehouse and she said hold on. She never did come back to the phone. When I tried calling it again and again over the last couple of days I get a message that the number is not in service at this time. I am angry that I was ripped off and I will do all I can to see that my money is returned. I suggest no one buy from this website as she is a fraud!!!!!!!!! Debbie Silver Lake, WashingtonU.S.A.
Apr 13 2004
MrSpecialty Merchandise Corporation emerchantclub smcorp website builder ripsoff new members Antioch California
I was pressured by Specialty Merchandise Corp's website builder eMerchantClub to go with a website I was not ready for mentaly or financially. Less than a month into the process I lost my real job and contacted eMerchantClub and told them I need to stop the process of my website due to a job loss. They were not sympethic at all and flat out told me no can do, even thought the completion of a website was at least 4 weeks away and I was informed on my contract if not happy within 30 days I could cancel. We have filed a complaint with my credit card carrier and I am telling anyone who will listen. I am collecting unemployment now and have no need for their expensive product. So I hope many people see this and beware of the eMerchantClub land sharks who only have your pocketbook interest at heart. Scott Antioch, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Antioch, California
Jan 12 2002
delana's specialty merchandise dsm ripoff videos Indianapolis, Indiana
I ordered two videos from DSM Videos, for 46 US dollars , i paid by personal check. They never sent them, I got my cancelled check, i emailed them and mailed them a number of times and got no response. I Curse them. Sandor passaic, nj
Entity: Indianapolis, Indiana
Jan 03 2003
STORES ON LINE rip-off OREM Utah
I bought the stores on line package two months ago and after many failed attempts at getting my store on line,i could not. I contacted the so called on line help 4 or 5 times to no avail. the last time i tryed to contact them they sent me an email stating i was on their spammers list. I don't know if it will do any good, but i wrote to them and demanded the return of my money.Surely this kind thing must be illegal. Thank You. BOB RAYTOWN, MissouriU.S.A.
Entity: OREM, Utah
8, Report #191671
May 15 2006
Palmercash.com, Justcatholic.com, Ojackson.com, Just Specialty Stores, Sawtoothministries.com Credit Card Fraud, non-delivery of merchandise, ripoff, no response Boise Idaho
I did quite a bit a online research into who owns PALMERCASH.COM and came up with quite a bit of info the letter below is what my lawyer emailed to the various addresses: To Ben ---, Oliver ---, John ---, Just Specialty Stores, justcatholic.com, sawtoothministries, palmercash.com et al.,
Entity: Boise, Idaho
Jul 14 2008
SMC - SPECIALTY MERCHANDISE CORPORATION I WANT TO CANCEL - THEY WON'T LET ME - MIGHT BE STARTING A CLASS ACTION SUIT Simmi Valley California
Well I am fed up too! I wanted to cancel my smc and they will not accept my cancellation. They are still charging my account - I have not utilized my account in months - I have over 15 Gift Cards that I cannot even give a way!! My merchant website sits there dormant. These people are complete rip-offs and I am sure the big guy in California is out there driving around in a nice shiny caddy! I may have found a lawyer that can start a class action suit. He just contacted me last week and he is looking into it for me. If interested in getting this company contact me (((ROR REDACTED))). Maybe we can all band together and get enough people to shut this rip of scam down. Just put smc in the subject line so I do not erase it as spam and then I can forward you the email address of the lawyer who contacted me. Laurak Windsor, New YorkU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Simmi Valley, California
Jun 27 2007
Specialty Merchandise Corp Aka SMC Corp unfair practices and false advertising Ripoff Simi Valley California
SMC has unfair practices and false advertising. When I signed up with SMC for the membership kit, I assumed that I could return the kit for a refund of $25.00 which would be the amount initially paid minus the shipping handling. I thought that was fair. So I got the kit. When I received it, I realized that it was not something I wanted to work with. So one day before the 30 days were up, I sent the box back, (their original box) to the address as instructed on the phone service. I insured it for $100 as instructed as well. To complete the cancellation, I now had to write a letter to the company along with the receipt for mailing the kit back to them. After a month I received a letter from SMC stating that they have no verification that the package was received. Now, in the meantime, they are deducting funds for a membership that I am not participating in and advised them timely that I wanted to cancel. So, I had to go the USPS and have them put a search on the package. They could not verify that it was received or signed for because I only insured it. I thought that would be enough. So, now I had to file a claim, but to file the claim I needed proof of the cost of the package. To my surprise, the value was only $49.99. So, now here's the catch. If the kit is only worth $49.99 and I have made four payments of 39.95 plus the initial 25.00, why can't they deduct the cost of their kit, refund the fees deducted and cancel my membership as I was trying to do from the beginning? SMC Corp is not an ethical company to do business with. They have dishonest practices. They make it difficult to cancel membership and find reasons to keep you in it when you try. They will give you the run around for your refund. My advice to anyone checking them out is: DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH SMC CORPORATION. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF. Rebecca Rochester, New YorkU.S.A.
Entity: Simi Valley, California
Mar 23 2006
SPECIALTY MERCHANDISE CORPORATION - S M C ripoff Charge my Bank Account for merchandise I NEVER purchased! Simi Valley California
SMC charge $369.60 for merchandise we never purchased. We contacted them by phone, Fax and certified letters and they never answer to give us ANY explanation. I have Bank of America statement, police reports, and all the proofs that we were not the buyers of their c--p! (That is what they sell, anyway...). I am planing to report to the BBB. I already filed complaints with the Att. Gral in CA and WA. Elena bonney lake, WashingtonU.S.A.
Jul 06 2008
Specialty Merchandise Company -or- SMC RIPOFF! Always requesting more $$$ MIS-REPRESENTED BUSINESS AND PRODUCTS!! Simi Valley California
I bought a membership several years ago - at a tune of a few hundred dollars. I sold a few things on Ebay but never sold enough to make my money back or more. Everyone out there is selling the SAME products!! One time I asked SMC to change my website information because I moved and changed my address and phone number. They wanted to charge me for that. I told them to forget it. I could see them charging if I made a habit of wanting to change my information all the time but just ONCE? After paying my membership to them they want me to pay an annual membership fee. I thought that's what I just purchased!!!??? A MEMBERSHIP!! Evidently they do this because they know once they've roped you in and conned you that they won't get much money out of you by selling their products since no body really wants their trinkets and junk and because everybody is selling the same stuff already. Not to mention their outrageous S/H costs. It is always double or triple the actual purchase amount. Anyway..............BEWARE of SMC and stay away from them. Anyone doing a class action suit? Seems like there should be one for MIS-representation of their company and their products!! Whistleblower Schertz, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Simi Valley, California
Apr 04 2006
Allthehotkicks ripoff Sharlimar Florida
I order some shoes and sent in my money order for $100 dollars about 6 days ago and they won't answer any emails saying that they received it and they do not have a phone number I just want the shoes I ordered my order # is 10413. Donta Nashville, TennesseeU.S.A.
Entity: Sharlimar, Florida
Dec 07 2005
COSTUME HUT ripoff Quebec
I have had the same problem with COSTUME HUT as others on this site. I ordered my three children Halloween costumes in October and on the 19th they were charged to my credit card, but I never received anything. I have tried to call, but box always full and no one will respond to my emails. Please be aware of these impostors because this was a $100.00 lesson I have had to learn. I will check this site before I order on line again. Connie calhoun city, MississippiU.S.A.
Entity: Quebec
15, Report #191401
May 13 2006
Allthehotkicks.com stole $85.00 from me! Internet
In the beginning of March 2006 I ordered shoes from this company and sent them a cashiers check for $85.00 as they only accept that form of payment. They stated they could not supply the shoes as they were out of stock. I was emailed to pick out another pair which I did and despite several e-mails to the store owner I have never been sent my product in well over 2 months. I wish I would have known better and should have investigated this company before I sent them a dime because now I am out $85.00. Be smart and don't do business with this place. Very poor business practices and theives! Beth west allis, WisconsinU.S.A.
Apr 10 2006
Areasmoke - Aeromarket Customs and your money ripoff Moscow, Russia
I have been buying from Areasmoke for a little over a year now. My last order never came. After several letters to the webmaster I was told that customs might have stopped my order and there was nothing they(areasmoke) could do. So I am out my money and no cigarettes. There is no warning anywhere about this possibility of customs stopping your order. I will never buy from them again. In one word; RIP-OFF!! Ken westville, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity:
Oct 25 2006
DOXYLINGERIE.COM INTERNET FRAUD!!
WHAT A RIP OFF! >I apologize for the inconvenience. The manufacturer of the Playboy line of costumes had issues getting their items from overseas, which has delayed anyone who sells the Playboy costumes in getting their orders. Our order >wasn't going to ship until today, for delivery tomorrow, which would have been too late. I will be more than happy to issue you an immediate refund. Please foward your credit card #, as Yahoo only stores that information for 30 days, and I will refund your credit card and email you a copy of the receipt. Customer Support THEY WANTED MY INFORMATION AGAIN! AND SINCE WHEN PLAYBOY COSTUMES WAREHOUSE OVERSEAS??? Angeli Cedarhurst, New YorkU.S.A.
18, Report #202546
Jul 23 2006
Prnscrubs.com never delivered items Ripoff Guntersville Alabama
On 6/2/2006 I ordered online a top and bottom scubs which was charged to my bank account at this time. I have contacted them but never heard back from them and never recieved my scrubs that were ordered. Anne Charlottesville, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Guntersville, Alabama
Jan 24 2005
Just4kicks.com ripoff Internet
my son,and I ordered shoes from just4kicks.com ... all we got was a confirmation call from (olando)from just4kicks.com!! never could get tracking numbers. i never could log back on just4kicks after they got our money. I THOUGHT THEY WERE A HONOREST COMPANY? ALL, I GoT when i call the cell number. is that the voice mail box is full. the cell number is (416-588-5451) Sammy enterprise, AlabamaU.S.A.
Nov 12 2004
Areasmoke DISHONEST St. Petersburg RUSSIA
This company told me shipping would take 8-10 days and in some cases up to 1 month. Well, it's been about 21/2 months I moved to a new apartmen and got something in the mail... THEY ARRIVED! thanks for the stale cigarettes and i haven't recieved them yet because they were sent back to sender. Mike Prospect Heights, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: St. Petersburg, Other
Nov 11 2004
Tracfone ripoff Miami, Florida nationwide
In August of 2004, I ordered a Tracfone. The phone arrived at my address defective, and I was instructed to send the telephone to the warehouse in Miami for repair. I did this, and it is now going on 4 months, still no Tracfone. Seems they send my phone (or the phone tacked to my case number) to some one else, the same person mind you, three times in a row...have no idea where the fellow's name came from...certainly was not mine. I have spoken to countless tracfone employees, supervisors, to no avail. Cannot understand why it is so hard to send a telephone back to the person that send it for repair...especially after 3 different supervisors promised they had all my information correct and now DHL would deliver it to the right person. I spoke to DHL and they blamed the warehouse for wrong labelling. Amazing how tracfone can stay in business with such poor communication skills. Nader tuttle, OklahomaU.S.A.
Oct 29 2005
smokemenow.com ripoff TUCSON Arizona online
orderd cigarettes on line. 250.00 no smokes web site gone PAUL TUCSON, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: TUCSON, Arizona
May 11 2005
CTP Cigarettes ripoff Internet
I ordered $200 worth of product in December 2004. I never received it. Dan vancouver, WashingtonU.S.A.
Jun 06 2005
Retrofeet.com ripoff Lauder Hill Florida
order shoes for me and my husband on may 9th gave credit card number was charged for shoes today is june 6 2005 still have not recieve shoe payed 160.00 dollars. these guys or girls should be put out of business this does not make any sense some one should investagate them. they are abig rip off!!! Brenda hammond, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Lauder Hill, Florida
Apr 26 2005
Clicket.com ripoff Dublin, California
Ordered a halloween costume and it was received defective. Had to go buy a different costume (everything was picked over) the day before my son's school party. Asked for a shipping label to send costume back. Waited a month, never came. Called again and they sent one finally in December. By that time, item was put away. Sent item back in March, they refuse to credit my shipping charges. Say it is restocking fee. A) they are restocking a defective item? B) their policy is restocking fee on returned items (not defective) of 10%. my purchase was $30.00, they are keeping $8.50. Lynn chesterfeld, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Dublin,, California