d**k's Sporting Goods Would not take back BRAND NEW BIKE NO WEAR!!!!! Bourbonnais Illinois
This is a copy of what I sent the BBB, only to have them close the complaint because the store said I was satisfied.
Here is what took place:
1. Purchased 3 bikes from Dicks Sporting Goods on 6-24-09, 2 diamondback bikes, and a matt hoffman bike model number XG3HOFFMAN/N, all with 2 year warranty's.
2. Took bikes home only to have to return the Matt Hoffman bike as the brakes were not working correctly.
3. Bike Tech, Aaron could not repair the brakes properly, took home after he had the bike for 4 hours, brakes would not stop the bike.
4. Took bike back to store 6-25-09, Terry, i believe the bike manager, told me a bike tech from up north was coming down that weekend 6-27,6-28-09 and was better at repairing the bike brakes since it was a new style. Then I got a phone call from a person claiming to be from Dick's telling me that my bike was ready for pickup. Only to find that it was a employee that quit and took my information as well as others and called them. I still do not know if my information was compromised or not as they would not admit to it. Their reasoning was the original papers were there, like copy machines do not exist.
5. Got no phone calls about the bike as of 7-3-09, called and was told the bike tech would be down this weekend 7-03,7-04-09.
6. Went the to the store today at 1:15pm as Terry the manager was suppose to be sometime after 1pm, only to be informed that he was coming in at 2pm because he was running late. We talked to april who said she didn't have the authorization to refund or exchange the bike and to wait till the bike tech fixed it on Monday 7-6-09. That is the third date I was given that this 'bike tech' was coming to fix the bike I bought over 10 days ago that I have yet to ride.
I got this as a response when I requested information about returning bikes to the store. Yet the bike had only left the store approx 1 hour when I returned it as it was not working.
Thank you for contacting Dick's Sporting Goods Customer Service Department.
Our return policy allows for the return of new merchandise. In the case of a bike purchase, this is more of a safety factor. We certainly would like to see if we can assist you in the repair of your bike. Please feel free to continue to work with the store to correct the issue you are having with your brakes. Please feel free to write back if I can be of any other assistance.
Dick's Sporting Goods
Customer Service Rep 6
The people I talked to were April, Terry, and Aaron.
I am done with this nonsense and I am requesting that the store refund my purchase as they have had the bike ever since I bought it, I rode it once for an hour with almost no brakes. This is extreme to me as its just a bike and it takes 2 weeks to fix why would I want it after this mess.
My desired resolution was this:
I have asking for an exchange or refund since the management kept changing the dates the bike would fix the bike. I am looking for a refund now as I do not feel comfortable with the repair tech's that they have in the store for the type of bike I bought.
This was the final result:
I was able to return the bike to the Highland, IN store with no problem at all, I would like to keep this complaint available so people can see what kind of service the Bradley Dick's Sporting Goods store has. I also tried to purchase another bike from the Bradley store but skip the bike manager from looking at it since the other 2 bikes had to be taken else where to be repaired. The brakes still did not work properly, my purchase was refused due to I did not let him check the bike out before purchase!!! He messed up the other 3 bikes he looked at why would I want him to look at the new one that was going to a professional bike shop for a tune up after my purchase anyway.
THEY CLOSED THE COMPLAINT BECAUSE OF THIS, THIS IS WHAT I REPLIED WITH:
My complaint was NOT SOLVED!!! THE STORE IS NOT customer friendly and does not honor its own policy... BUYERS NEED TO BE AWARE!!!!