SPRINT PCS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: sprint pcs

There may be more reports for "sprint pcs"

For more results perform a general search for "sprint pcs"

Showing 51-75 of 3,405 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "sprint pcs"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Oct 14 2007
Sprint Pcs changes contract without notification Fort Worth texas
Sprint Where our customers come first! fail to notify me of of changes to my two year agreement, they recently sold off their long distance home phone service in my area to Embarq. I had the free 50 minutes long distance on my home phone for being a pcs customer this was included in my signed two year argeement, they failed to send me notification of this change only Embarq did, and it was no longer free. I called sprint pcs and was put on hold for a total of 8 hours over the last two months only to be to we can't help you its Embarq's problem. I went to the sprint pcs store where i got the phones only to be told WE don't do customer service here, you have to call in. I called sprint pcs again got the same run around and was finally told we can no longer help you , you will have to use the e-care support , which is an even bigger joke. I asked to be contacted by a manager in the first email (which i'm still waiting for a total of 35 days). They some how don't understand their own terms and agreement when it comes to a voided contract. twenty plus emails and still no contact about the voided agreement the only problem they see is i'm having a problem renewing my contract. useless people at sprint e-care dept: Tell C Angela S Vicky D Major A Shane M eddie the concerned department , never knew it existed !!! E-Care has received your email and will respond to your request within 48 hours.( should be 48 weeks not hours) I have since changed providers over this problem and have not sent them another payment, I have also contacted the BBB, which sprint has refused to acknowledge the complaint with them. I have also sent them a bill for my time and effort to correct this issue, if they don't want to pay it i'll just report it to a collection ageny the same way they do. Steve sunny, FloridaU.S.A.
Oct 03 2007
Sprint PCS Overbilling Dallas Texas
Heres my problem, I ordered a aircard from sprint in june and a couple a weeks later I found out they lost it. i was charged for the card and serivce on that month. they never give me a credit for the sum of 179.66. the next month they sent me another card and recharged me again. so I called sprint again and the lady i talked to give me a credit of 180.00 wish would have been close.. she said my bill was 74.61 so i paid it over the phone.. then she asked me if i would like to renew my contract at that time, i asked her if my bill finially right and she said yes and then i oked the new contract . then the next month they rebilled me again and said i only made a part payment.. someone in the collecetion dept. called and said if i didn,t make a payment right then they would shut off my service. at the time i was heading to work and can't go without service due to me working a long time from home. i swtched carriers and dropped sprint right then, now they are saying i owe them 605.00.. i tryed to talk to them on the phone and by e-mail and all i get is they want a payment... they don't give a dam about loosing a 15yr user of their service and all they want is the payment. i don't have problem with paying what is my bill, but i be dam if i'm going to pay for someone elses screw up... I would like to known how i can get this taken care of without it turning into an international mess LOL... Thanks, Rodney Rodney Lake Arthur, LouisianaU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
53, Report #301950
Jan 21 2008
Sprint PCS Rip You Off Some More!! Internet
I was a customer of Nextel for a few years before I was told that I was going to have to come to Sprint soon because they were going to merge and I may as well do it now, which I did. I had been with Sprint for a bout a year when my kids mother (which we no longer where together) went into a sprint store in Fairview Heights, IL and added a line of service before moving to Utah. On my next bill the charges came in and I went to Sprint and was told the phone was added to bad so sad. I should have came in before my 15 days and they could have did something about it but its a new line of service. I asked to see the contract that I should have signed and was told they send that they dont keep it in the store. I asked for the info on the phone and was told I needed a court order or to file a police report. I later found out that it was my ex and I had the phone cut off. A few days later I was told I needed to have a phone put in the place of that phone or pay the fee to get out early. I added a phone (not thinking) and now I have two phones. I added a note to the account that any changes, any info about the account I had to come in to a Sprint store, show ID and get it done.Things are going well for a while, I'm checking my bill and everything is fine untill Oct. 2007 a new line is added this time by my sister. Ring tones, call tones, buckets of air time, text messages and the internet all on the phone. I call Sprint and get the 1 hour hold, I get to talk to some one and she tells me, If they know your social they can add a line of service. I tell here that I can get her social from the internet for 29.99 and anything else, she was very upset then. I get the manager and she says she will take care of it. I dont get any ref # or anything just her word. I want for a few days nothing. I call back get credited for the calls,then they turn the phone off, they daily it seems I have a problem. I want to close my whole account because they are not protecting my privacy as they claim, but cant because I have to pay the bill first. The bill which has a 200 early termanation fee for a line I never asked for. I talk to different people in different depts. and no one will cut the phones off. I talked to a guy in NY yesterday and was told I am going to get charged for all lines of service untill I pay or March even though my service is disconnected since Dec.2007. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Withdog Collinsville, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
54, Report #195494
Jun 08 2006
Sprint PCS rude non caring customer service ripoff Nationwide
I spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to ask a simple question,and all I got was 18,yes I said 18 Total people I spoke with. I ordered add a line, and a new phone on 5-26-06. As of today still no phone. I called and asked where my phone was,because of course with Sprint you have to put down a 125.00 deposit everytime you order a new phone,no matter how long you have been a customer. I asked where is my phone and the world as I know it stopped for the next two hours as I was rudely spoke with transferred, hung up on,and even called a liar by some twit supervisor. I was so frustrated,I was shaking. Never in my life have I ever been so rudely treated. Once I asked for a supervisor, I was told they do not accept phone calls. EXCUSE me, what did you just say? I finally get a supervisor, who tells me that I never placed the order and if I want another phone I will have to put up another 125.00 and if I did not like her answer to bad. What happened to the 125.00 I just put down for the phone I still do not have. We used that to pay Junes bill, which is not even due yet. I did not give anybody permission to do this. I was told we do not need your permission to do that. Then she said I was lying and to pay up or no phone,and she hung up on me after I told her that I was not giving them another 125.00. That was it I had had it. I called back and said I do not want to talk to you or any other rep,unless it was a supervisor. The lady I spoke to asked me very nicely if I would tell her what had happened to me. I explained my problem for the 18th time to her and asked what was so hard about my problem,please tell me. She looked at my account and literelly ten minutes later she fixed my problem. I asked for her name and employee number, and she gave it to me,no questions asked. I thanked her for her help, and told her that I hoped this call was recorded for training purposes, because when she answered my call after 2 hours of being treated rudely, and like I did something wrong. I was not nice. I will let my contract run out, and never use them ever again. Missy Converse, TexasAlbania
Entity: Texas
Mar 22 2006
Sprint PCS ripoff Kansas City Missouri
I was with this phone company for about two years, and never had anything but problems with it,I had two phones with Sprint PCS and I payed off both the contracts wich were for a year each. So I could finish my relations with this company without any losses? but when I ported both of my phone number to the othe phone company, The old phone company(Sprint) said that I have to pay early termination fee of 150$ for some two year contract that I've never signed, they said that i agreed to that verbally. Please, help me if you can. Alex Milwaukee, WisconsinU.S.A.
Entity: Kansas City, Missouri
56, Report #195629
Jun 09 2006
Sprint PCs ripoff Converse Texas
Well for all of you customers of Sprint..I found out the phone number for the coperate offices in Kansas....913-794-0000. I called after my horrible experiance, and the lady I spoke to saw everybody I had talked to and how long I was no the phone. And this crap about them refusing to give you employee number. It was all on the screen for the big bosses to see. So it did not matter that the rude supervisor who hung up on me did not give me her employee number it was there for all to see. And for the one nice lady who helped me, I asked the head honchos to make sure she got at least a thank-you for doing her job right. I am through being nice to rude customer service reps,and snot nosed supervisors. So I hope everybody calls this number and complains. I also told the lady they needed to look online at all the complaints from their customers. Flood them with calls, it has to stop somewhere,we pay them for a service and I expect to get what I paid for without being called a liar, and treated rudely. Missy Converse, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Converse, Texas
57, Report #196252
Jun 13 2006
Sprint Pcs rip off Tallahassee Florida
when i was with them i had to pay sprint every week to keep my on. Talisa TALLAHASSE, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Tallahassee, Florida
58, Report #199550
Jul 05 2006
Sprint PCS Ripped Off Ripoff Reston Virginia
I am a former customer with Sprint PCS. There were 2 telephones on the account, 258-0000 and 598-0000. I went into the Roseville, Michigan office to explain that one of the phone numbers 598-0000 would be transferring to Nextel. My intuition told me to visit one of the stores to avoid any problems with transferring a phone number from one company to another. The customer service representative had spoken to the manager who is currently located in the Troy, Michigan Sprint location to note my account to confirm that my service for 258-0000 would not get shut off. Unfortunately when 598-0000 was transferred to Nextel my 258-0000 service was also shut off. I went back to the Roseville office to explain the situation and they said the notes were in the computer but they had no idea why my service was shut off. My service was disconnected for two weeks before the problem had been resolved. After numerous calls to Sprint and requesting the person that originally assisted me, he refused my calls and game me an excuse of there was nothing he could do to restore my services and it was out of his hands and it would have to be a corporate call. Finally, Sprint restored my service 258-0000 and they added me with a new contract service date, and as a new customer starting me over again. (I was furious)!!!! After numerous and numerous calls to Sprint, finally I thought I had gotten the dates straightened out until I received a breach of contract and was charged service fees and charged a termination fee of $150.00 plus additional charges. I went by the service date of the original contract not their new date, because supposedly it had been settled. I have had to suffer the consequences of inconsistencies of bad customer service and I want this problem resolved immediately. Rhonda Detroit, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Reston, Virginia
Nov 03 2005
SPRINT PCS ripoff CITY OF INDUSTRY California
October 2004, Had a bill that was 30 days late with Sprint PCS, owing about $90. They turned off the phone. No problem. In November, called them, paid half of the past due, and they turned the phone back on -- FOR ONE DAY -- and then turned the phone back off. THE RIPOFF -- IS THAT SPRINT THEN BILLED ME $50 FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 04 FOR HAVING THE PHONE SWITCHED ON FOR THAT ONE DAY. SCREW SPRINT. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SPRINT ON ANY TERMS -- NEVER. I ADVISE THAT YOU DON'T DO ANY FORM OF BUSINESS WITH SPRINT. IN MY OPINION, THE COMPANY IS MANAGED BY TRAILER TRASH MANAGERS -- FILLED WITH GREED. SO FAR AS THE MONTH THEY BILLED FOR THAT I HAD JUST ONE DAY OF USAGE -- SPRINT WILL NEVER SEE A DIME FOR THAT. NEVER. Warren Mentone, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: CITY OF INDUSTRY, California
Nov 02 2004
Sprint PCS ripoff Hampton Virginia
Sprint PCS is a rip off!! Sprint PCS says that when I changed my service I entered into a new contract. When I terminated my service, they charged me an early termination fee. I would like to be contacted if someone gets a class action lawsuit started T Hampton, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Hampton, Virginia
Aug 22 2005
Sprint PCS Over your minutes scam RIPOFF Nationwide
I just changed over from Sprint to T-mobile because of similar issues. Their customer service department was a nightmare. They cut off my phone for going over my minutes even though their system which I accessed via my cell phone told me that I owed $58 (nowhere near my cut off rate of $125). When I asked the lady why her system was not updated she hung up on me and switched my cell phone over to a recording that stated that I needed to call from a landline. I use my phone for business so as soon as I got to work, I called T-mobile and switched my number over. T-mobile provides several multi-band phones that allow you to call internationally AND from countries around the world. I don't have to pay $4.99 per month for access to international calling AND I can text message anyone in the world for .35 cents (receiving a text for .05 cents. Considering I deal with many international clients, this worked out beautifully. Paying the early disconnect penalty will be about as much as the $200 fee that they charged me within the span of 3 months, claiming that I was over my minutes. How on earth when I barely used my phone during my non-free hours. Hogwash. I love T-mobile. Shirlene Columbia, MarylandU.S.A.
Aug 24 2005
Sprint PCS Poor to no reception at home Internet
I signed up with Sprint in Nov. 2004 so that I could use a cell phone for my long distance calls, since it is so expensive on my land phone. I went with Sprint because they offered me DSL (which I love) and the cell phone and my home phone service as a package deal and it all comes on one bill which is easier for me to read. I did not use the phone much in the beginning and had never had a cell before, so when I would be on a call and the phone would just cut off or the reception was not audible, it took a while for me to be sure I had read the owner's manual and that I was doing everything correctly. After about 6 months, I started getting frustrated with my phone and started calling customer service to complain about not being able to make my long distance calls to Oregon and Texas where I have family... and roaming charges would come up even if I was trying to phone from my home to Fort Wayne, or even local calls from my home... I was told that maybe my phone was bad and that I needed to have it checked at a store.... The 2 closest stores were each an hour away from my house, in cities I rarely visited. Approx. 9 months after I started my service, I had to go to one of the cities for business, so I decided to stop into the Sprint store to have my phone checked. It checked out fine. I explained to the men there, about the poor reception I was getting and the technician said that the area in which I live is known to not have a strong signal and I would need to contact customer service again. When I phoned customer service, I was told that their computer showed service to my area. If I wanted to cancel it would cost $150.00. After 9 months it was too late to do anything about it. I asked to talk to someone higher up and was in the midst of argung with her about how I could not call family in Oregon, when she responded that I was speaking to her in Oregon and soon after the phone cut off in mid-sentence. When I phoned customer service back, of course I could not find out who I had just been speaking with, and was told to either continue the service as is or pay the $150.00 cancellation fee. I am still with Sprint only because I will not give them the satisfaction of taking my money for the disconnect fee. I think it is terrible that I am paying for a phone I can hardly use for the purpose that I purchased it for. Is there any recourse for me????? Derria Leesburg, IndianaU.S.A.
Entity: Florida
Jun 13 2004
Sprint Pcs billing ripoffs Cincinnati Ohio
I had heard that sprint had terrible billing practices but i did not believe until i experienced it for myself. I work for a large company and sprint gives us a very good discount on our bill, so i decided to check them out, even after i was warned by a fellow employee not to do so. I signed up, received a free phone and was taken care of very nicely by one of their reps, my problem is not the customer service its the stupid billing system. I was supposed to receive a 25% discount and when it was all said and done my bill was to be 41.25 per month with some 2 mth free perks (web access)well, when i received my first bill it was for 122.00, i said to myself ok, i all need to do is call sprint and have them correct this. Thats not the way it works, the rep went on to explain to me that they bill 2 months in advance and that i should have been told this, ok i wasn't told this and its not in the contract i received (for you people that say READ YOUR CONTRACT) And my 25% disc was not on their, she proceeded to give me this cock and bull story about unable to apply the discount and all this other crap..so after paying the 122.00, which i am not happy about, i get to speak to a very nasty supervisor (at mey request) The supervisor goes on to tell me that they had a problem with billing and my discount was not applied due to an error on their part and it would be reflected on my next bill. I then said to her, okay then i will be receiving a 50% discount next month right? She says NO!..you will receive 25%..i said what about the percentage that was supposed to be taken off this month, she said its not happening...i said what kind of S#% is this!! I have had sprint service for 5 months and every month there is something wrong with my bill and i all i ever hear is it will be corrected on your next bill, if they bill you in advance why the hell can't it be corrected on my current bill. Sprint billing system sucks and i don't care what anyone says. Kelli cincinnati, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
Jun 29 2004
Sprint PCS rebate ripoff Alpharetta ga
I was having problems with my Sprint PCS phone. Since I live in a rural area I had to make a special trip to the Sprint store in Alpharetta, GA to obtain a new phone. The Sprint representative looked up my account and told me that I was eligible for a new Sprint cellphone ($150.00) that would pay for itself through the Sprint rebate program. I filled out the form and mailed it in. After two months I had not received my rebate. I contacted the Sprint Rebate Center and was told that my PCS plan did not qualify for the rebate. I explained to the rep that I was talked into getting this new phone by a Sprint salesman who had verified my account information prior to my purchase. He agreed that I should have gotten the rebate and advised that he would issue on 5/24/04. As of today I have still not received the rebate. I had called the Sprint Rebate Center four times between 5/24/04 - 6/29/04 to advise them that I had not received the rebate. Each time I was told to wait a few more days. I called again today and was told that they mailed the rebate to zip code 60115 instead of 30115. Each time that I have spoken to a Sprint rep they verified my complete address yet no one in their Rebate Center realized until today that they had mailed it to the incorrect address. They advised that they would have to reissue and it would be several weeks before I could expect it. Seems funny that they always have the correct address to send my PCS bill too. What a runaround!!! Carol canton, GeorgiaU.S.A.
Jun 12 2008
Sprint PCS more fees?!!?! Waterford Michigan
When I first signed up with Sprint what attracted me to them is the fact that I could get reliable service which is very important because I am a college student who is more than 2 and a half hours away from my friends, family and any people who could potentially help me out if I were ever in trouble. Also because my college is in the boonies I needed to make sure I would never loose service in some of the areas I travel in there. Money is tight, and I am not perfect, and I have paid my bill late a few times. But I think its ridiculous how EVERY MONTH my phone bill continues to increase yet my talking time never does. EVERY month Sprint chooses to charge me an adjusted Sprint Surcharge fee for no reason except to defer additional cost from themselves by simply passing it on to their customers. Here is a copy of their explanation of WHY they do it every month directly from their website: Sprint Surcharges are rates we choose to collect from you to help defray costs imposed on us. Surcharges are not taxes or amounts we are required to collect from you by law. Surcharges may include: Federal USF, regulatory charges, administrative charges, gross receipts charges, and other charges incurred to recover costs associated with governmental programs. The amounts, and the components used to calculate Surcharge amounts, are subject to change. This is a scam if I ever heard or seen one. I was NEVER told about this fee when I signed up and honestly I do not ever recall anyone explaining this to me when I signed up a little less than 6 months ago. It may seem silly that Im complaining about 4 or 5 dollars each month, but after 13 months those small bills add up and are unneccesarily my problem. I have no explanation to my parents as to why each month my bill increases, and Im not even sure Sprint knows why. Im probably going to cancel my service after this month its so bad. So to fellow consumers out there: BEWARE OF SPRINT PCS!! Staticxr Waterford, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Waterford, Michigan
Apr 07 2001
Sprint PCS bilks customers $10 at a time
Several months ago I purchased a wireless phone service package from Sprint PCS. The sales representative explained the features and costs in a rather ambiguous manner. The gist of the conversation was that by signing a 1-year contract I would receive a $10 per month discount on my service and then started to tell me about my choices in the plan. All of the options cost $10 and coincidently any option that is being discussed at the moment is 'free' because the $10 discount applies to that option until the next option is discussed and then of course the $10 discount makes that option 'free'. Ok, so I got a bad taste in my mouth from this rather ridiculous semantics game at once and wondered how many people actually fall for it. But I purchased two phones anyway and the features I wanted. I have been less than satisfied with the service, which appears to have a coverage vacuum in the area where I live. But it is not the service itself that I have a problem with. I saw a commercial touting the new promotional rates, and having been told that I can change my plan at any time I called Sprint and asked about it. The customer service rep said that she could take off one of the options that I found I did not need and replace it with 'free nights and weekends'. Free nights and weekends was something that would not be of much use, but better than an option I wasn't using at all. Will it change the price of my service? No was the reply. Next month there was an additional charge of $10 on my bill. I called and said I would like it changed back. Well, that $10 charge is offset by the $10 dollar discount you receive every month. She said. Please change it back. Ok, it has been changed, your bill will show that next month. The $10 charge remains after four calls to customer service. It seems that customer service cannot change it back because that plan is no longer available. Well, are there other people still on that plan? If I had not called would I still be on that plan? Yes, but we cannot put you back on that plan. It turns out that the only people who can are called 'Support Services' who denied the change, and noted that they had tried to call me ( you cannot call or directly contact them in any way ). It was also explained to me that 'Support Services' are only obligated to 'try' to contact customers once, and that I may not request to speak with them again. So I continue to pay the $10 ( granted it is no great amount of money ), but I believe that Sprint management has allowed a system of misleading, dishonest and directly coercive practices to develop in handling there customers. Probably only a class action lawsuit will change these practices. It may pay out in the short run as the additional $10 here and there over there customer base pads there receipts, but in the long run they will lose many possible long term relationships. They have lost mine.
Jun 04 2000
Sprint PCS consumer cellular phone nightmare
Sprint PCS http://www.sprintpcs.com I got a cell phone in July. I was told for signing on I would get 500 extra minutes (anytime minutes) to use over the next two months. My first bill was higher than expected, but I paid it assuming that it included one time sign on fees. The second bill was again high, so I talked to them and they informed me that a mistake had been made and I had never been signed on for the bonus minutes. Instead they offered me their then current bonus of 1000 off peak minutes. The next bill was high again. I called them, and here the fun begins. Holding, telling them your name, address, cell number, home number, and password. Then they decide they can't help you and need to talk to a different department and transfer you. Hang ups are frequent (I am not rude, even more recently that I have become terribly irate, I try to convey that I am terribly dissatisfied, but never rude). I finally found a sympathetic operator who actually took out a calculator and tabulated all my calls depending on time of day and week. I was told that the bill was in fact incorrect. The nature of my plan is so that I get 120 anytime minutes each month for $29.99, these exclude calls made between 7 pm and 8 am, and all weekends. I was told that the first 120 minutes I had used had been counted as anytime minutes, and every call since had been billed accordingly, that is, if they were made during non off peak hours, they were billed as additional anytime minutes that are of course pretty expensive. I replied that I had asked about this situation when I agreed to the extra minutes and was told it would not be billed as such. The operator told me that it is in fact incorrect. He assured me that he would fix the error and that it would be the end of my problems. If it were only so. The next month the bill was incorrect again. I called again and went through the same process (terribly irritating, takes about an hour and a half each time, and hung up on at least twice during transfers). Finally, I got another competent operator and the problems from the month before were again detected and fixed. Again, I was told that this would be the end of the mistakes. The operator was also kind enough to inform me that there is a not much advertised promotion at the time and that he would sign me up for it. After my two months of free off peak minutes (the aforementioned 1000 minutes) were up, I could choose to receive 500 off peak minutes in addition to my regular 120 minutes, for only five more dollars a month. He told me that with the current promotion I could receive the bonus minutes at no additional charge (I cant remember exactly until when) for at least the next eight months or so. Great. My next bill was incorrect. This was in December. I did not have the time during the holidays, but more importantly the will to call again. So I let it slide and let it slide for too long. My service was shut off about a week and a half ago. I finally broke down and decided to call them last Sunday (2-13). Without going through all of the details, I finally got to an operator who was, I am sorry to say, rather dense. I explained the story up till this point, but she would not buy it, that it was inconceivable for them to make a mistake, and that a mistake had been made-by me. I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor charged out of the gate and was combative (I was not-yet). She conceded that yes mistakes had been made, but they were fixed and had no bearing on the current issue. I explained that if nothing else, given the past mistakes, parsimoniously, she must admit that there is a good chance that they had made a mistake-if she would only check. By this time ! she had raised her voice, and was talking to me in this manner while I was still talking. I became irate, and the extent to which I let myself go was this: I asked her what department she worked for, she replied customer service, and I told her that so far it has been anything but. Eventually, she had a sudden change in tone and became apologetic. She said that she was going through my case history, and that she could see a lot of mistakes had been made, and that they went so far back that her department did not even have all the records. She apologized, told me she would personally send some sort of request to billing to try to get to the bottom of things, that she would let them know that it was urgent and that I was irate. I was promised a reply in 2 to 3 days. It never came (that was last Sunday morning, it is now Sunday night/Monday morning). I tried calling again tonight. I kept asking for a supervisor. They would ask me why, and I would explain that I am an irate customer. They would not transfer me. I got hung up on twice (again, not rude, with the sweetest-not patronizing-voice I would say that I am an irate customer. At one point, one of the operators did not put the receiver back down correctly to put me on hold, and I could hear him talking to what I assume to be a supervisor. The supervisor would ask why the customer wants to talk to her, and they both made fun of the ustomers irateness, not knowing I could hear them. The operator finally got back to me, asked again why I want to talk to a supervisor, I told him that I explained the situation fully, and advised him to actually put me on hold this time. He put me on hold, then hung up! I called back, got a different operator, and she conceded to let me talk to a supervisor-no questions asked. She came back after a couple of minutes, and asked me why. I explained that I had been trying to talk to one for about an hour, and that I had been ridiculed and hung up on. She puts me on hold and fully ten minutes later (my phone times calls) informs me that she forgot that supervisors go home at 1 am EST. I live in Central, and it was close to 1 am here, so the supervisors would have been long gone if she was telling the truth. She explained that she forgot. Not believing her, I called back, got a different operator, asked if the supervisors had gone home, and was told that no, they are still on duty. I asked for a supervisor, after explaining why I should be granted an audience and after the customary wait, got to a supervisor, who explained to me there was nothing she could, as their computers were down! As it stands, my monthly bill should be $35.40 after taxes are added on. My bill for the months of December, January and February total over 180 dollars. I realize that you do not have all of my bills for the past few months, do not have the itemization of every call with time of day and week for the last 90 days, but what can be done? What can I do? My experience has been that usually if you encounter such a problem they would bend over backwards for you and try to make amends. Others tell me I should demand them to fix my bill and offer me bonus minutes to make amends (I have never made any such demands), but I would just like to have my bill fixed, and hopefully, if I'm a really good boy, eat my vegetables, and go to church every week, I will receive a correct bill in the future. What can I do? To say that I am terribly dissatisfied and angry would be an understatement. That I have been treated rudely and egregiously goes without saying. If my complaint rambled, I am sorry. If you have gotten to this part of the complaint, I thank you, and if you can give me any advice on how to take care of this problem, I will be even more grateful. First and foremost, I would like to have my bill corrected, and perhaps be assured that such gross mistakes will not be made in the future. Furthermore, I think I would like to see some concessions on the part of Sprint PCS for their gross incompetence, rudeness of their operators, and the simple fact that even after the bill has been corrected, I would prefer not to be faced with a whopping bill for three months. I have spent too much time on this, and I want to know what they are willing to offer me so I do not switch companies.
Dec 17 1999
Sprint PCS cellular phone service
I purchased a nokia sprint phone in October 1999 and called for phone service. I gave the representative my information and address and this information was supposely keyed in. I had requested service for $100 a month, road side service, and insurance that would cover if my phone was lost,stolen,etc. In mid November I inquired about changing my service. The representative assured me that it would be changed that day to delete road side service and service would now be free and clear with 500 minutes, my monthly bill would be $70. In December I called and inquired about my statement, and was told that I the statement was returned. I confirmed by address and was told my street address had avenue instead of drive. Since they would have to send me a duplicate statement they would have to charge me. I complained that wasn't my mistake but theirs. Today December 17th, while on the road trying to use my phone I found out it was turned off. I got to work and called the toll free number and was told that I was pass my current limit of $200. In order to have my phone turned back on I need to pay the current bill of $171.88. The total bill was now $290.00. I was also told that my service was never changed and that they had deleted the insurance instead of the roadside service. They couldn't do anything now until I paid the current charges. I gave my bank card # with the visa logo, but was told that since the card have another address on it (previous address), they can't use it. Even though I told them the bank card goes to my PO address. They refuse to take it. I asked to speak with a supervisor about my account and was told that I needed to speak with collections. The representative put me on hold for about 10 minutes, then came back and said that he would need to receive my payment first, or he could give me collections number. After me complaining he finally transfered me to collections. The representative there asked e a series of questions then said that I couldn't speak with a supervisor I would need to call back to the service department. He stated the supervisor would not speak with me. I left with no phone. I asked for their corporate telephone number and was told he just can't give that information to anyone. I've never had such poor service where I'm being charged for their mistakes. I'm asking for your help, seems no one won't listen. I don't have an address, because they never sent me a statment.
Entity: westwood, Kansas
69, Report #20090
May 02 2002
Sprint PCS is a ripoff. Kansas City, Missouri
I had called sprint pcs mobile phone company at the ending of my billing cycle in march and ask to change my plan from 1000 minutes anytime to 2000 minutes anytime. They did the change, after fews days my phone was cut off, and I called to find out why my phone was cut off, the customer service person told me it was due to the upgrade, that my spending limit was too low for the new plan. Then I asked to be switched back to 1000 minutes anytime but was told that it is too late because the new cycle had already started. The customer service person told me that they can switch me back to 1000 minutes anytime at the next billing cycle starting in april 29, that I have to stay on 2000 minutes anytime untill next billing cycle, I accepted. On May 2nd, My phone which is the only source of connection for my business was cut off. I spoke to four different individuals from sprint customer service that accepted that it was a misstake, That the company thought that I was switched back to 1000 minutes anytime in march, which means that I had overage of 1000 minutes. They promised to correct it immediately and turn my phone on. Unfortunately, for more than five hours this was not done, then I made another call, a supervisor by the name Mr. Tate who refused to give me his last name told me that the bill has to stay. I tried to tell him that it wasn't right. He told me that he is the finally say to this bill that I have to pay it. Now I can't reach my customers this is realy messing my business up Emeka Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Entity: kansas City, Missouri
May 30 2002
Sprint PCS poor customer service Dallas Texas
Poor Customer Service! I have been a customer of Sprint PCS for over two and half years. On Thursday 05/23/02, I visited the Sprint retail store at 17604 Dallas Parkway in Dallas to pay my bill. At the time I walked in to the store I asked a clerk if I could talk with a manager. Not only was I asked why but also I was denied. I was told that since I was a customer I had to use a red phone (customer care). The red phone disconnected me twice and I gave up. I then tried to pay my bill with a payment machine and it did not work after two attempts. I then talked to a Alex Chavez to ask why the payment machine would not work and was told to turn the check around. I stated to him I tried that. He made no attempt to assist me if fact he was rude. I finally was able to get the payment machine to process the check. I then went back to Alex Chavez to inquire about an upgrade of a Cell phone and asked why I as a customer was unable to purchase a cell phone at 50% off price like non-customers were able to do in that store. He made no attempt to explain anything to me his only statement was sir I don't have time for this and you need to leave. Why did I need to leave? That made me angry. I was paying them my money, They are rude and show me the door. That's not right. I refused. He called the police on me. Is that SPRINT PCS CUSTOMER CARE? The Police were shocked at this clerks behavior and recommend I file a better business complaint. I was then told by a customer service person on the phone that Alex Chavez stated in my account records that I asked for it. He then lied on my account records that I called him back and stated I was going to have him fired. This was never said. In fact the person was so unhelpful that he was the reason this incident happened. In my 44 years I have never been asked to leave anywhere. I was not given any help whatsoever by any person in that store. Any customer would want proper customer service and would want a person to be helpful, but I was never given that type of respect by this Sprint PCS store. I spoke with the company and they did nothing about this incident. At that time they ask me to pay a bill I had not yet received. What is it with this Company? Are they so hard up that they would try collecting from a customer before the customer has a statement? I feel this company has a lot to learn about customer service. They have treated me such a lack of respect as a customer that I am going to taking my business elsewhere. cortland addison, Texas
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Sep 13 2001
SPRINT PCS FAILURE TO PAY PHONE REBATE
When paying my Sprint PCS bill online last May, 2001, I saw their website ad for a $100 rebate on the Samsung 8600 phone. I called a Sprint rep, who advised me that to obtain the rebate I would need to close my current account & open a new one. Which I did. The phone was mailed to me. It didn't function properly & I returned it. They sent another one. It was a reconditioned phone, not a new one as promised. I returned it. Finally I received the phone & assurance (when I asked) that I would be credited for the weeks that I did not have cell phone service. I never received the promised credit, but that's nothing compared to what I've been through in trying to obtain the rebate, for which I was to allow 8 to 10 weeks to receive. After that time period was up & no $100 check, I began to call. Impossible to get anything but a recording stating that it would come 8 to 10 weeks after the purchase. Finally I reached a person who told me that it hadn't been sent because the first 2 phones they'd sent had never been returned. I had the UPS receipts. So then they said, okay, you should have the rebate soon, then. That was long ago. Today I called (I always call the sales dept. now, because they always have people answering the sales lines). In response to my insisting that they give me the rebate, the sales person (after putting me on hold for a long time) told me that I wasn't eligible for the rebate because I had a business account! Not what I'd been told ever before. She told me that they would credit my account $100! I said no no no, I wanted my check. I talked to Roger, the floor supervisor. Ultimately, he told me that they would not pay me the $100 rebate, which was the incentive for my re-signing up for a 2 year account & purchasing the nifty little phone that is now going to cost me $200. Sprint PCS is an impossible corporation to deal with. Not only has it misrepresented what I would receive, it has made it almost impossible to connect with anyone within the company to resolve the situation.
Feb 07 2002
Sprint PCS now charges to speak with Customer Service!!! RIP-OFF
I called *2 on my cell phone (Sprint PCS CS)this morning and I get an automated voice saying There will be a $3 charge on you phone bill to speak with a pcs rep. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! $3 to speak to customer service??????? Hell,at the rate they are going,their getting so many complaints they will make a million a day with that service! I think I'll save my money and call them from my home phone.....I personally have NEVER EVER heard of being chsrged money to speak to a customer service rep. So I finally get through to this rep and I ask why would you charge $3 to speak with you? Her response is..get this... To get people to use the website because they tie up the phone lines ..HELLO?!?!??!?! They tie up the phone lines because YOU SUCK! Now this is a pure RIPOFF Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Sprint
Feb 05 2002
Sprint PCS rip off and unethical practices.
About a year and a half ago, my husband and I purchased a Sprint PCS phone from Radio Shack. We paid a $100.00 deposit for this phone. We told them to make sure the number was local for the Vancouver,WA area. We got home after the phone had been programmed and I tried to call the cell phone from the house phone and found out it was long distance. My husband called Sprint and he was told that the number couldnt be fixed until the next service period a month away. It took 4 hours, but we got it fixed. He had a $400.00 limit on his usage per month. Everything went fine until he got his phone deposit back after the 1 year contract. For some reason, his limit was set back to $125.00. We would pay the bill and a week later, the service would be shut off. Come to find out, they were charging the monthly service fee of $75.00 before the service period was up. That left my husband with only $50.00 on his monthly limit(of which we knew nothing about in the first place.) My husband is a long haul trucker, so I need to be able to get ahold of him. After 3 months of this nonsense, we finally shut the service off and went and got a different service. Do we still owe them money? Yes. Will they get it? In my own sweet time.
Feb 19 2002
Sprint PCS Deceptive Advertising Practices
I purchased a Spring PCS phone and services in April, 2002. By December, 2002, I was fed-up with their deceptive advertising practices and cancelled my services. Now they are attempting to bill me for $170.00 claiming I cancelled a contract with them. They are the ones who cancelled their contract with me by charging me for services they advertised as part of the monthly charge. I purchased the free long distance program for $39.99 per month. The first month and every month after, I was charged for all long-distances services I used, even though I was clearly within their network system. Sprint PCS even charged me for local in-town calls I made, which is clearly not long-distance. Any attempts to contact Sprint PCS's customer service is a waste. Once, I was put on hold for 65 minutes and ended up hanging up out of total frustration. Sprint PCS practices deceptive advertising practices and cheats consumers. I will continue my battle against Sprint PCS and inform millions via the internet. I look forward to the day I read all about this company's financial woes in the Wall Street Journal. No company can continue to cheat consumers and survice. Camellia Abilene, Texas
Mar 14 2000
Sprint PCS won't turn service off
For three months I have been trying to contact a Sprint representative to clear up my account. The facts are as follows: Dec. 27, 1999: I ordered a Srint PCS phone over the internet. Jan. 11, 2000: I received the phone. I charged the phone battery. Jan. 12, 2000: I tried to use the phone in my neighborhood. The signal strength was too low for service. I decided to return the phone and cancel service. I called 1-888-211-4727 . The line was so busy that a recorded message suggested that I call again later. Jan 13, 2000: I called the same number, and eventually reached a customer advocate. I asked her to cancel my service, and requested a return kit for the instrument. Jan. 21, 2000 I received the return kit. Jan. 24, 2000 I returned the instrument. UPS Tracking number RS32443. Feb. 10, 2000 (Approximate date) I received a bill for service for January, and called 1-888-211-4727. I talked to someone named Carola. I explained the problem, and she said that she would make sure the service had been canceled, and that my account would be closed. She told me that I would eventually receive credit on my credit card for the initial charges for the phone and taxes ($139.41). Feb 21, 2000 (Approximate date) I received a second bill stating that I was late with payment of the first bill. I sent a letter explaining the situation. I sent it using the envelope enclosed with the bill. Mar. 13.2000 I received a third bill, stating that I owe $102.78. I have written a second letter in response. I must emphasize that I have not made a single call with this phone. I did not have any signal at my home. I returned the phone. Sprint owes me $139.41. I do not owe them a damned penny. I am concerned that they will ruin my credit rating since I have no intention of paying anything for services not rendered. If the Rip Off report doesn't help, I will try the CPUC complaint process.
Entity: City of Industry, California