T MOBILE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: t mobile

There may be more reports for "t mobile"

For more results perform a general search for "t mobile"

Showing 51-75 of 23,835 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "t mobile"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

51, Report #208737
Aug 30 2006
T-mobile Rebate Ripoff Internet
I purchased a Samsung T-509 in June from T-mobile. I had to re-sign my contract for another year in order to get the promo price of 119.99, minus a $60 rebate. Of course I sent in ALL the required information (original SKU, reciept, form, etc). Like most half intelligent people, I double checked it befor putting it in the mail. I have been ripped off by other companies like XM radio and Verizon, so I really checked. Of course the sent me a letter stating that I had sent everything exept the original SKU. Coincidence?-I think not! I called them and of course got the run around 3 times. I now have donated T-mobile my rebate. I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR 3 YEARS Santiago Castle ROck, ColoradoU.S.A.
Entity: Internet
Dec 05 2005
T-MOBILE RIPOFF ALBERQUERQUE NEW MEXICO
Dear All, DO not go with this company for your cellular service!! A couple of years ago when I first signed up with t-mobile they really were number 1 in customer service. Since then they've gotten EXTREMELY cocky and their customer service has taken a dive for the worst. I was cancelled for suspicious payment reasons (of which no one could tell me) After requesting to know WHY I was sent a letter stating that my service termination fee had been waived and my service had been terminated for suspicious payment. (Now mind you, this was after I had just went into the store and made a CASH payment) What is suspicious about that? At first I thought ok, maybe somebody's trying to hack into my account or somethnga and they are tracking somehow to catch the 'bad guy' but I was never contacted to explain anything after several attempts from my end to find out what happened! So I had to get another phone, so I've decided to go with Sprint/Nextel. So far so good. Honestly, I still wonder what happened, but it seems T-Mobile really doesn't care enough about 'little me' as a customer, they didn't even respond. JUST REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, DONT GO THERE! Tomeka Baltimore, MarylandU.S.A.
Feb 24 2006
T-Mobile Denied rebate ripoff Young America Minnesota
I purchased a new phone which offered a $50.00 rebate, and later T-Mobile sent a letter listing several excuses for refusing it, which were never mentioned before, or ever, as reasons for eligibility. Sandra Miami, FloridaU.S.A.
Mar 24 2006
T-mobile ripoff dishonest Wilmington Delaware
On 2-22-06 I calles t-mobile to ask about the rate plan and maybe changing my service from sprint to t-mobile. and a spokes person told me i needed two forms of ids to run a credit check to see if i could get service with t-mobile. so i asked what could i ues. i was told i could use a state id and a credit card or a debit card. so i ask will any of my funds be messed with and the spokes person told me no. and i ask sevral times would my funds be messed with and they told me no. so i gave my debit card number. the next day i called my bank to see if the checks i had wotre before had went through. And my account was overdrawn because t-mobile had put a hold of 249.99 on my account and they never told me that they would be placing a hold on my account. so that caused my checks to bounce. and i dont think it is fair from them to mislead people and cause them problems. they should tell people that their account will have a hold on it if u call them and ask about getting service with them. Veronika wilmington, DelawareU.S.A.
Entity: Albuerquer, New Mexico
Mar 25 2006
T-Mobile ripoff, Cheated me on phone bill Nationwide
If you were cheated on your cell phone bill by T-Mobile during the hurricane, please contact me at (email address deleted - see below) Here is what they did to me: My average cell phone bill for a year had been around $65-75 and never went over $100. During the hurricane, when my power was out, my cell phone battery died. As you know, all businesses were also closed and the city was practically shut down. When the stores opened, I was able to buy a car phone charger. T-Mobile charged me for calls supposedly made while my phone was dead! (I have a receipt) I have a spending limit with them of $100 and once I reached that limit, they shut off my phone so they CHARGED ME FOR CALLS SUPPOSEDLY MADE WHEN T H E Y SHUT OFF MY PHONE! The are trying to charge me $350.00 for the month! I have called, faxed letters, called and written their executive office only to be yelled at by a raving lunatic accusing me! Now, they have a collection agency calling me on a daily basis harassing me at home and today, they harassed me at WORK!!@#$% Did you EVER hear of such a thing? This company cheats you and harasses you to pay them for charges that are FRAUDULENT. These thieves should not be allowed to get a way with this. I am almost CERTAIN that there are many more people out there that have had the same problem. Please contact me so that we can get together and put a STOP to this BLATANT THEFT! Connie Miami, FloridaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Mar 27 2006
T-Mobile ripoff No service Dallas Texas
Our business has had an account with T-Mobile since July 2004. We are under contract and cannot cancel service without a huge penalty. When our clients call us from a Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, or Virgin cell phone, the get the message The Nextel customer you are trying to reach is no longer in service. For a year and 8 months, we have invested hours on the phone to the T-Mobile help desk to no avail. They cannot fix the problem; they don't even know what the problem is. We have been told to tell our customers (they have to call us at our office - not able to reach us on cells) that the problem is with THEIR cell phones not ours, and they must have THEIR cell phone providers fix THEIR phones. In researching this issue through the help of Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Virgin, and even Nextel, we have learned the the problem is with the port. And as our provider, T-Mobile is responsible for correcting the problem. In addition to the fact that there service department doesn't know what they are doing, when you call, you get place on hold for several minutes; when you reach someone, you are told you have to take with another department and are transferred to that department. Then you are told you estimated wait time is between 25-45 minutes but you can request a callback. So you enter your callback number, and you get called back by the same department you had in the first place who could not fix the problem, and they transfer you again to the second department which you can never get on the phone. Wanda Corinth, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Dec 20 2005
T-Mobile FREE MEANS PAY ripoff Nationwide
My daughter and I had numerous problems with our Motorola handsets and because of the numerous amounts of returns on our handsets, we both qualified for a FREE upgrade, which was offered by T-Mobile verbally on the phone. So, during the conversation, I am ecstatic. Finally, T-Mobile is going to do the right thing...oh, but I should have known better. Their words were, We apologize for the inconveniences you have been experiencing and we will gladly upgrade your handsets at no charge to you. We will credit your account the amount of purchase and it will be no cost to you. So we continued and chose suitable handsets and I was a happy camper. I was going to have handsets that work and not be charged. Yippee Sure enough, they credited my account the very same day for the upgrades, one for 120.74 and the other for 41.99. But I still had a bill for that month. Now my plan is only 129.99, so shouldn't I have gotten a zero bill with just a few dollars to spare, oh no, I had a regular bill in August and September also. So here comes October and November's bills and I see charges of $120.74 and a charge for 41.99 (the same exact amount of the credits). So, I call customer service and their first explanation (they came up with about three explanations by the way) was, Well, unfortunately the credits came before the charges and now you have to pay them. Another explanation is that those charges are for overages dating back to February. Now, anyone with T-mobile knows that if you have past due money, you will be disconnected with the quickness. And how is it that my overages are magically the same exact amount of the charges for the phones? How dumb do they think I am? So, for a FREE upgrade OFFERED by T-Mobile I paid one month at $296.77 and the next month $305.05. Sounds FREE to you? My plan is only $129.99 and I have not gone over my minutes. I have been through I believe every rep they have and the more I talk to them, the more explanations I get. BOTTOM LINE. What they fail to understand is that a long time customer was offered a FREE service and had to come out of her pocket $601.82 over two months and she never went over her minutes. It was indeed a hardship on my family household because my teenage daughter can not be without communication with me and I could not afford to lose the phone and you know to cancel it, I would have to pay $200 a handset. If you are ever offered anything FREE from T-Mobile make sure you tell them to put the credit and the charge on the same bill so that they cancel each other out. If not, you will be where I am, BROKE. Angelia Austell, GeorgiaU.S.A.
58, Report #193772
May 29 2006
T Mobile canceled phone service Nationwide
I was informed by T mobile that they were canceling my service for exceeding the limit on my unlimited phone service account. The company claims they will reinstate me under contract, but I will not able to recieve unlimited minutes like they advertise. I signed up with T Mobile 6 years ago and have paid my bill in a timely fashion, including recieving loyalty minutes for being a good customer. In seven calls to the company they have refused to disclose what is the limit on unlimited minutes, which they advertise, nor why they after all these years decided that I am in violation of their unlimited minutes limit, nor what that number is. Frank jersey city, New JerseyU.S.A.
Entity: Alaska
59, Report #193258
May 25 2006
T Mobile ripoff Albuquerque New Mexico
I was having problems getting signals with my T Mobile cellular phone. I reported it several times and the guy at the store told me it was just a bad battery. We replaced the battery several times. It got to the point I gave up using the darn thing. So I told them I wouldn't pay for something I couldn't use. They said I could make a settlement with them. They sent me a settlement letter which I thought was terrible high. The lady was very nice and she said she would give me another month. I told her my father passed away I simply couldn't come up with that much money for something I couldn't use. She agreed with me. Unfortunely, I can't back this up because it was all verbal. Now I get a letter saying I owe 324.26 and must pay in 30days. I honestly feel like sueing them. I feel they owe me some money because I couldn't use the phone. It must have had a bad battery. And they wouldn't replace it. Now I have to deal with a collection again.... after she promised me she would give me another month. And she would talk to her boss to see if they could lower the amount. I would not recommend T Mobile to anyone. Janelle Dublin, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Oct 12 2006
T Mobile additional line ripoff Orlando Florida
After being a customer of T Mobile for over a year, I contacted them to add a second phone, and sign up for their Family Plan I jumped thru all the hoops, and thought everything was fine- until I got my first bill! They had placed both my phone lines on seperate plans (at a mugh higher rate), rather than merge them onto the family plan as requested. I called T Mobile, and waited for 40 minutes on hold, only to be blown off with the excuse that a supervisor was not available to talk to me.. WTF ???? I've sent numerous emails to T Mobile after this- none have explained this discrepancy, or offered to resolve the over-billing. Bottom line, T Mobile informed me that their notes don't support my position. Frankly, I think they've got an incentive program going with their CSR's to sign-up the most lucrative plans they can- and why would they place notes on the account that would negate their commission. Customer Service at T Mobile SUCKS!!!! I was really happy with my experience with T Mobile (over a year) until this- and they dropped the ball. How is this even close to taking care of the customer? Chris Orlando, FloridaU.S.A.
Entity: Orlando, Florida
Oct 27 2004
T-mobile ripoff Fort Lauderdale Florida
I have been with the company for many years. There is currently new management in the call center where we answer the calls from the customers. I have been ripped off by T-mobile. Not in a monitory way, but in the trust that I put in my company to ensure a positive working atmosphire. This call center is a place where gay people are made to feel bad about their sexulaty, and asked questions about matters of a personal nature. The two people in charge of my office show favoritism to people with the same background. This is not a good place to work, atleast not until management makes some changes. I have been ripped off, I was promised a nice place to work, and not to be made to feel bad about who I am, and who I do it with. I hope some one reads this and makes some changes. A concerned employee Fort Lauderdale, FloridaU.S.A.
Mar 24 2005
T-mobile ripoff Chico California
My husband and I have recently HAD ENOUGH of the lack of service with our new T-mobile phones. We have had poor service since the beginning of our purchase. My phone wasn't so bad in the beginning but he was rarely able to either make or receive a call. Realizing it wasn't the bad weather...We tried going to the store where we purchased the phones...We tried going through customer service on the phone...Several times taking there suggestions to remedy our phone dilemma..They sent out another phone to fix the problem...It didn't. Well in the mean time, what little service I had on my phone was only becoming more limited...I was losing work because of it....We tried several more times to remedy the problem with customer service ....We either want the service we signed up for or cancel the service (with-out penalty) We should not have to pay for a service we did not receive...!!! When we called customer service they transfered us to up to four different representatives and one even hung up on me!!! We were not rood...We didn't yell at anyone...We just wanted our phones to work!! We shouldn't be required to pay for something and then be penalised for T-moble service we didn't get! Most recently I went into the store where the service was purchased and the lady was rood and basically called me a liar when I described the service we had received.(or rather the lack of service)When I finally left my two phones with her and walked out,I was very upset...still am. We just want what we paid for...No more no less. At this point, it seems to be time for a law suit...and we recommend to everyone Not to purchase T-Mobile!!! T-mobile hasn't honored their end of the contract. We are very disapointed not only with the poor service but also the response of the T-mobile representatives and policies. Judy chico, CaliforniaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Chico, California
Nov 16 2004
T-mobile ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Cincinnati Ohio
I have a detailed letter I could submit to you. Basically they are trying to charge me for minutes that were billed to me after my billing cycle was closed. They added them to my next bill approximately 14 days later, that then resulted in putting me over my minutes only 10 days into my next billing cycle. When I tried to resolve was denied to speak with a supervisor on four different occassions within a 24 hour time span. There is more detail to the story which is to long to explain in this email. Hopefully I can speak with someone further. Cori Calabasas, CaliforniaU.S.A.
64, Report #120599
Dec 01 2004
T-Mobile Incompetent Customer Service Cincinnati Ohio, Nationwide
On July 14, 2004 I signed up for T-Mobile Service with The Mobile Solution Corporation at the Florence, KY mall. I had my Cincinnati Bell phone number ported over to T-Mobile. On July 19, 2004, I returned the phones to The Mobile Solution and cancelled my service and had Cincinnati Bell port my number back to them. During the 5 days of service, I was not able to access T-Mobile service from a location where I frequently visit. In fact, once I exited the highway, I lost my signal. I received my first T-Mobile bill in August for $106.47 and prompty called T-Mobile and spoke to a female representative named Erin. She assured me she would cancel my service and a new bill would be sent to me. In September I received another T-Mobile bill in the amount of $103.72. I called on September 28 and spoke to a male T-Mobile representative named Christian and also a supervisor named Kim. They both assured me my service would be cancelled and a revised bill would be sent. I probably spent a total of an hour on the phone with the two of them to try to resolve this issue. In October, I received a T-Mobile bill for the amount of $184.78. On October 22, I started to call at 2:00 p.m. I was first in contact with Donna and somehow got disconnected before resolving the issue. I prompty called back and got in contact with a female rep named Robin. She stated my problem was above her head and transferred me to Bill in customer care. After explaining my situation to him, he transferred me to Adam in the transfer service department. I had to explain my situation once again. Adam stated there was an open port request showing on my records and informed me to contact Cincinnati Bell to cancel the open port request. He said the ticket was filed on August 21. He filed another ticket and transferred me to a female representative named Birdie. I again had to explain my situation to her. Birdie called the transfer center and then informed me to call Cincinnati Bell to push through the open port request. She informed me my service would be cancelled back to July 19th. At 2:25 p.m., I called the Cincinnati Bell porting department and was connected with Rose (ID# 30575). Rose informed me that the port request had been completed on July 20th. She did a conference call with Sandy (Rep#412041) at T-Mobile. Rose and I again explained my situation. Sandy stated the line has been suspended and to call customer care and get line active and resolve their issues. Sandy transferred us to Malory in customer care. Malory said I had an amount of $14.91 due and that would resolve my issue. I paid the amount on the phone with Malory on my credit card. She assured me this would be my only amount due. Malory then transferred us back to the porting department and we were connected to Kathy (#462252). I once again explained my situation to her. She stated she wasn't sure why Malory had me pay $14.91. She said I should be credited back to July 20th and spoke to Jan in customer care. Kathy then said she would check some things out for me and call me back. This was at 3:23 p.m., nearly an hour since I first called. Kathy called me back at 3:52. She informed me that she had spoken to Dennis and assured me my account balance was now at zero, that a national ticket was filed and my account was now closed and I wouldn't receive another bill from T-Mobile. In November, I was distraught to receive yet another bill from T-Mobile for $22.70. I was charged $14.00 from 10/10/04 to 10/15/04, a $5.00 late fee and taxes. I promptly called the T-Mobile customer line, and after many attempts to reach a live person through their recordings, I reached Katrina (#0955572). I asked if I could speak with Kathy, since she was the only person with T-Mobile I had spoken to that actually seemed to know how to finalize my problem. Katrina said she could not transfer me to Kathy, but could send Kathy an e-mail to ask her to call me. Katrina said she could not guarantee a call back, however. Katrina said she could take care of the problem for me if I wanted her to. I decided to take my chances that Kathy would return my call since none of the other representatives there have been able to finalize my situation. Unfortunately, as of today, I have not received a call back from Kathy, thus prompting this letter. I feel another phone call will be more waste of my time. Believe it or not, I have kept my cool and been patient throughout this whole ordeal. Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated with my entire experience with T-Mobile. When I signed up for the service, I was assured I would have coverage everywhere and was excited about it. It has turned out to be one big disaster I am regretful I ever switched my service and would not recommend T-Mobile to anyone!!! I sent the above information to T-Mobile via email and received a reply that I would be credited the most current amount, would receive a new bill and to disregard it. (I've heard that before!) Julie Cincinnati, OhioU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on T-Mobil
Oct 15 2004
T Mobile rip-off! Dishonest billing! Seattle Washington
I have been a T-Mobile customer for several years and to be honest, have never been too impressed with the service. In august 2003 T-Mobile started a new program of unlimited nights and weekends + 600 anytime minutes. I called them and added my teenaged daughter to my plan and upgraded her text msg. limit. At that time I asked to put my phone, my husbands and my daughters phone on the new plan. T-mobile agreed to this and said that I would have to enter into another contract for one year which I agreed to. At that time we lived in an area that did not have reception but I wanted to able to use the phone at work at night. We continued with T-mobile for another year and had no problems. In August of 2004 we bought a new house and our new neighborhood had good reception. In september 2004, I went to an authorized T-Mobile store and added my teenaged son to my plan and upgraded my daughters phone. When I was in the store I told them I wanted the same plan that my daughter had with free nights and weekends, and the store owner assured me that it would be the same and even joked with my children about not being able to talk on the phone untill after 9pm. Two weeks ago, I recieved a bill for 1700.00, almost all for night and weekend minutes on my daughters phone. I was shocked to say the least, but I wasn't to worried because I knew it was a billing mistake. I called T-Mobile and was shocked to hear that I had never had free night minutes only weekends. They said that I only upgraded my daughters Text msgs in Aug 2003 and since it had been so long without a dispute about my contract I couldn't change it. I explained that the reason I had not disputed it before is because we lived in a dead zone and didn't have reception and since I had upgraded over the phone I didn't sign a contract. We just got the bill and paid it. Needless to say, I am very upset. After much argueing, they said they would take about 790.00 off the total bill. I talked to several people over the next few weeks and explained over and over this same story because apparently one of the ways they where you down is to not note your account so you just get so frustrated you repeating yourself that you give up! When they finally did adjust my account, they only took 500.00 dollars off the total and said thats all they would do. In the meantime, they interupted my service several times. Finally, I just gave up and resigned myself to pay the 1100.00 , finish my contract and switch service to another carrier. I called customer service from my car and asked to speak to a supervisor, a man named Mike came on the line and to be honest, has been the only polite helpfull person I've delt with. I asked if I could make 2 or 3 payments and not have my service interupted and after some talk he agreed. I said it would be more convienent if they could do automatic withdrawls from my checking account and he said fine. Unfortunely, and this may be part my fault, he either entered my account info wrong or I told him the wrong information because I was driving at the time. He said my first payment of 390.00 would be withdrawn by 4pm the next day. When I checked my balance, it wasn't withdrawn. I called T mobile, and they said there was a problem with the account info so I went to the T mobile store and paid the 390.00. The next day my service was disconnectedD!!! When I called T Mobile, they said that since I defaulted on the payment arrangement they could no longer accept payments and I had to pay in full!! I also forgot to mention, that I talked to T Mobile several times immedietly after getting this bill and asked on several occasions to make sure they had fixed the problem and that I now had free nights and weekends and was assured that we did. I found out several days later when I spoke to Mike, as mentioned above, that I still did not have nights and weekends!! My biggest problem is that they would treat a long standing customer like this. All they would have to do is research my records to realize I've never been over minutes. I believed them when they told me we had free nights and weekends in Aug 2003 and that was a lie. It was a lie when they said they would take 790.00 off and only took 500.00. It was a lie when they said we had free nights and weekends last month when I upgraded and added a new line. All they have done is lie. I have shared my horror story about this dishonest company and so far, I'm happy to report, 22 family members and 16 friends have so far changed service from T-Mobile to verizon, cingular and sprint. I intend to tell anyone who will listen!!! My fathers company will come to the end of thier contract in febuary, and all of his 316 employees phones will be switched to verison! The money T-Mobile has stolen from me will not compare to the money they have and will continue to lose from word of mouth. The customer is not always right but there is such a thing as manners and common courtesy. Carol Lynnwood, WashingtonU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on T-Mobil
Entity: Seattle, Washington
Nov 17 2004
T-Mobile Rebate rip-off Cincinatti Ohio
in august 2004, i was on a month-to-month plan with t-mobile which i had been with for a year. Prior to that i had a year contract with them. anyway, it was time for me to upgrade my tri-band cellphone. when i called t-mobile to see what offers they had on these they stated that if i RENEWED my contract to a ONE YEAR vs. month-to-month, i would be eligible to get the Sony Ericcsson T610 that was $174.99, BUT with a $100 REBATE. They billed my account for the $174.99 and i received my new cellphone, but there was NO REBATE FORM inside. so i called T-Mobile 'Customer Care' and relayed to them that the REBATE card was not in there, the representative said she could not send me a REBATE FORM, but i could download one on-line. The representative also said TO BE SURE YOU MAKE A COPY OF EVERYTHING YOU SEND IN as these things seem to get LOST. Heading the woman's advice, i downloaded the form, followed the instructions on the FORM, included all the BARCODES/SEMI labels, etc - made copies of the documents, etc. This week (15 Nov) i received a letter from T-mobile stating that i was NOT ELIGIBLE for the $100 REBATE as i did not include the LABLES. I called them explained that i DID include these and i have a PHOTOCOPY of what i had sent. The SUPERVISOR said I am sorry we NEED the ORIGINAL BARCODES/SEMI lABELS in order to give you the REBATE. I obviously do not have these as I SENT IT TO T-MOBILE. And they are unwilling to honor the REBATE even if i send them the PHOTOCOPIES. So how is that for business ethics with a major corporation. and how may other people have they done this to? Sandra Venice, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Cincinatti, Ohio
Nov 18 2005
T-Mobile ripoff Alburquerque New Mexico
My problem is that t-mobile use poor business practices. I started having problems with this company this year when I upgraded my phone for free, but still got charged $20.00. I also added a second line which I was finally eligible for. I received the seimens flip phone. I instantly started having problem with phone and had to contact coustomer service. We then did all kind of troubleshooting on the phone and it ended up having to be replaced a total of three times. Finally after all the hard ache of that situation they talked me into getting another phone not more that 3months later 6/2005. So I bought a samsung x495 at a supposed discounted rate of $42 and some change that I had to pay up front in order for them to even send out the phone so I did pay for it by check by phone. So I receive this phone in 8/2005. Not more than two weeks later I started have some of the similar problems with the new phone that I did with the other phones that started all this mess. So I contact Customer Care Dept. and was taken through all these troubleshooting ploys. Finally it was determined that it was a defective battery. So the rep explained that with the phone being so new that I needed to contact Samsung because they did not have the battery in stock yet. I interm call Samsung and they asked me was there troubleshooting done on the phone and explained to them what the end result was. The then tell me it would be best to take the phone into a t-mobile dealer. Which I did and they ran the same troubleshooting test and said that it was the phone not the battery. She in term said that she will just send out another phone since I was still under warranty. I asked do I need to leave my current phone with her she said know just keep it because it is still under warranty. So a week later I the phone from t-mobile. I open the box and notice that it is not in any wrapping or protectived by anything other than some sponge to keep it from rollong around the box. I also notice that there was a return label so I send the phone that was being replaced and a month later they charge my account and say I HAVE A OUT OF WARRANTY CHARGE FOR WATER DAMAGE TO THE PHONE. The charge was $79.00+ some change. I call in to talk to someone about this and they pass me around to three people and would never put a supervisor on the phone. I finally talk to some one explain that I did not agree with the charge and was not at fault for it and wanted to dispute the charge they then tell me that I had to do it in writing and fax it in. Gave me a fax number this was in 9/2005. SO I never heard anything. I call back in 10/2005 and I had to go through two more people before some told me from the customer care dept. that she would put a hold on my account for that amount of the $79.00+. I did pay the other charges on my account as I always due every month. SO what happenend two week later they shut my phone off and when I called back I was told because there was no hold on the account but a pass due amount for the disputed charge and that I didn't pay the bill for the priopr month. Now what happened was that was I was trying to pay my bill online and instead of putting in my account # I put in my check number called t-mobile while still online and paid it by check over the phone. So it got paid within a matter of 5minutes. Someone than tells me that I had a returned payment and I owe for the previos month and the past due amount. I finally get to speak with a supervisor and explained everthing to her which was noted on my account already the rep before her just didn't know what she was doing. And didn't understand what was going on even though it was all on the account. Well the supervisor then interm resubmitts the proper paper work for the hold on the account and turn my phone back on and tells me to resend my dispute because it was never received for the month before. She also told me she would follow up with me on a certain date and she did but said that the customer relations dept. found in favor of the company. But I stated in my letter I wanted to speak with someone and know one ever called to investigate my side of the story which led me here today. I spoke to someone earlier and she said that she had to email the supervisor to call me back and was very rude and unknowledgeable about the situation even though she read the notes. I tried to explain to her that I want to know is who do I speak to or follow up with to appeal this decision. I will not have a cell phone company trying to take advantage of me. So my suggestion to all who has had a bad experience is to contact the BBB and make a complaint as I did today. I am also going to find out what legal aspect I can take because I did not get interviewed for this investigation and I am not happy with t-mobile at this time for taking advantage of me. Who knows how many times I have just paid my bill and they have gotten awaay with these kinds of things. If I have to I will contact the Attorney General. I know all to well about how this scam happens I have worked for a pharmacuetical company for 5 years in customer service and I know everything that I have to do to get this taken care of and I will follow all aspects of protecting myself from being taken advantage of like this. I see it every day where I work how peolpe just rip you off. Again my suggestion to you if you are having problems with this company is to go to BBB.com and make a complaint so that you are heard. Delinda Hamilton, OhioU.S.A. STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for! Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on T-Mobil
Entity: Alburquerque, New Mexico
May 18 2005
T-Mobile ripoff Bellevue Washington
I have been with T-Mobile since June 1, 2004, and everything was fine until January 15, 2005. I contacted a T-Mobile rep and requested the 1000 text messages per month. She told me that it would take 5 to 7 business days for this plan to kick in. YEAH RIGHT! They didn't add the plan until after February 22, 2005, then they had the audacity to charge me every month for supposedly going over 300 text messages. Then there were charges from some crap called Jamsters, that my cell phone which is a Samsung R225m, and cannot get screen savers and ringtones added as they advertise. I can only get ringtones from T-mobile at there website. Then in January 2005, I noticed that they began to charge me for incoming and out going AOL messaging, so I checked my contract, My contract clearly states that the AOL is free of charge to those whom have AOL or AOL's AIM. So where do they get off charging me? Plus there have been other issues since January that I was told on April 29, 2005 was resolved and corrected. Not even the case. They tell you that they want you to be a satisfied customer, but when you try to talk to them they don't listen nor do they hear what you are saying to them. I felt like I was dealing with Sprint again. Angela Oklahoma City, OklahomaU.S.A.
Entity: Bellevue, Washington
May 10 2005
T-Mobile ripoff Atlanta Georgia
Cell phone broken. Still under warranty. Will not replace. Executive Customer Service offered to close my Accounts, no fees Per, Art However, I am still waiting for fax to confirm. I am being charged for phone service, not able to recieve. Would like Company to honor their agreement. Thank you. Michele Michele Atlanta, GeorgiaU.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
Dec 11 2004
T-Mobile ripoff Young America Minnesota
I bought this phone thru Imphonic. At that time, the purchase agreement stated that I would be entitled to a $50 rebate as well as a $150 rebate from T-mobile. That is one of the main reasons I bought this stupid phone in the first place. When I got the product, I received the $50 rebate form but not the $150 rebate form. When I sent the initial $50 form in, I failed to send in the original bar code because I thought I would need it for the $150 rebate form. When I finally got the $150 form which I had to fight for because Imphonic stated that the rebates were not listed on 'their' purchase order. After I advised that I was looking at the purchase order I had and they were on there. They indicated that I should fax them a copy. I did so - twice. No one followed thru. When I finally did as requested for the $50 form, I get a letter stating that because I had changed programs in mid-stream so-to-speak, I did not qualify for the $50 rebate. The representative stated that if I changed it back to the $39.99 program that they would honor my request. But, by doing so, I would have to sign up for another year on the plan. Had the representatve told me that in the beginning, I probably would have done things differently. She did not and now I am out the $50 rebate. And, to make matters worse, I will probably be out of the $150 rebate as well. And, that really makes me angry. The representative should have told me that when I decided to change programs going from $39.99 to $29.99. Not done. I think this is 'misrepresentation' by Tmobile and based on that fact, both rebates should be honored. My subsequent complaint will be to the Attorney General of that State to keep others from getting ripped off! Maria Modesto, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Young America, Minnesota
Dec 12 2004
T-Mobile Rebate Ripoff Detroit Nationwide
On August 13th, I was approached to buy a T-Mobile V300 phone by a T-Mobile rep in a large mall. The pitch was that after the two $50 rebates, the price of the phone would be about $50. I bought the phone and signed-up for the $49 per month plan. A few months later after not seeing any forms or rebates in the mail I went back to the store. They said that they did not have any forms and gave me a T-Mobile number to call and I was told to give them some wild story about the store having some sort of problem. I called T-Mobile and was told Sorry, all rebates for that phone had expired.... I then went back to the store and they gave me a form that turned-out to be bad. What a run-around. I spend over $80 each month with T-Mobile and I am just so upset to be treated this way. James Berkey, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Detroit, Michigan
Jun 24 2005
T-Mobile Ripoff Bate and switch Lagrange Georgia
I have been a paying good cutomer of T-Mobile cellular for the past 8 months. I have only been a day or two late with payment on my bill twice. When I first started service with T-Mobile I was told That I qualified for two lines and that I could get more lines after 6 months of good payment records with the company. So I took my two lines, one for myself and one for my 12 year old son who was starting middle school and needed a phone to stay in contact with his mother and I. After six months of paying my mobile phone bills faithfully we added a third line to our family share plan for my wife. Now summer has arrived and my 11 year old daughter is going off to middle school and also needs a cell phone to stay in contact with Mom and Dad. On June 18th 2005 I contacted T-Mobile to add a fourth line to our family share plan for my daughter. The woman at T-Mobile who took my call barely spoke english. I told her that we needed to add a fourth line to our family share plan. I was put on hold. when the woman came back she informed me that everything was o.k. and we could add another line. She then asked me to go on line while on the phone with her and choose a phone for my daughter. The T-Mobile representative then told me to call T-Mobile when the phone arrived and have it activated. We picked out a phone for $89.00 and it was shipped to me the next day. I recieved my daughters phone today June 24, 2005. My daughter and I sat down and programed the phone book in the phone and layed down the rules for use of the phone. We then called T-Mobile to Activate the new phone. When we got a T-Mobile Representative on the phone she told us that she was putting us on hold to run a credit check. Before I could stop her to tell her we had already been thru that she was gone. When the T-Mobile representative came back on the phone she informed us that we would have to pay a $250.00 deposit. I informed the representative that we were already told that we could add another line and that no deposit was required. She stated that there were no such notes on the account and that the $250.00 was required if we wanted to activate the phone. I asked to speek with a supervisor and was promtly put on hold for 25 minutes. When the so called supervisor came on line he was immedietly loud and abrupt with me. Every time I tried to speak he would raise his voice and speek over me ignoring everything I had to say and forcing me to raise my voice to be heard. I tried to explain the situation to the so called supervisor to no avail. He simply would not listen. He kept repeating himself over and over again,stating that a $250.00 deposit would be required. When I told him that this was a bate and switch That the pepresentitive on the 18th had told us we could infact have another line he denied that conversation ever took place. I then told the supervisor that I was very dissatisfied with the customer service I had recieved and felt ripped off. I told him that I was very seriously considering closing my account all together at witch time I was informed that if I did I would be charged $200.00 for each line for a total of $600.00. When my contract is up with T-Mobile I will close my account and never do business with them again. They do not deserve my hard erned money. With Bate and Switch tactics such as these I cant believe that J.D. Power and Associates would name this company # 1 in customer service. I would warn anyone considering doing business with T- Mobile to think again. You will be in for a customer service experience That no honest hard working American should ever be forced to go through. Jud & Lupe Tacoma, WashingtonU.S.A.
Entity: Lagrange, Georgia
Oct 18 2005
T-Mobile ripoff, dishonest, fraudulent billing Cincinnati Ohio
I signed up with T-mobile over 3 years ago in Virginia. Later I was transferred to Florida and went to their corporate store in Melbourne, Florida and changed the phone plan to a family plan and internet service with an aircard.They promised me I could get a new phone but never got it. I used one line in my business and advertised a lot in the papers. I got very few calls if any with each ad. after almost a year later I found out that the phone numbers I was given was not local but long distance and local callers received number not in service notice not a long distance message. I had wasted 1,000's in advertising to find out no local calls could get thru. I called Tmobile and they appologized and said i would have to change numbers. They offered me A $150.00 credit and 2 new phones for my inconvenience and was going to up the minutes without extending my contract. Well they never upped my minutes and I never got the credit,phones or extra minutes and when called back to see why, they conveniently could not find the supervisor even with the employee ID I supplied them. Later I called again and again to no avail and was promised this or that. After 2 months I got my bill and found out that they had extended my contract after assuring me that they would not. They also changed my plan which I did not authorized. I called again and the suppervisor assured me they would put my contract back to the original expiration and terms date. After my original contract ended I called to cancel and they said my contract was not up.they never gave me the credit either and played dumb. Do not use this company they will lie to your face and promise you this or that but they will either extend or change your contract and you will not get what they promise. After the first call I requested all changes be given to me in writing. They said they could not do that. DO NOT use T-mobile they are like the Gestapo. Oscar Rockledge, FloridaU.S.A.
Oct 10 2005
T-Mobile Ripoff Poor customer service Nationwide
I signed up with T-Mobile several months ago. When I recieved my phone it didn't work. In order to get a working phone I was told I had to mail the phone back to them because I had gotten from them over the internet. Who paid this cost I did. Not the company that sent a faulty product. Then in August I was out of town and didn't get my bill paid withen a few days my service was shut off. I am a smart access customer witch states my spending limit is $150.00 and that if I go over this I risk interuption of service until I make a payment to bring it down to below $100.00 my bill is around $47.00 a month so I was not over even $100. Even though they automatically added the next months bill. I get paid monthly and had some emergency expenditures come up this month so I pay just under half of my bill for the month. T-moblie has added next months bill again which still puts me under $100. I got a call today asking how I would like to make a payment so I can avoid interuption of service. So I start explaining that will pay everything on the 24th of this month well before my next month is due we got disconnected. So I call back and talk to a rep explained everything. I was told they couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't lose service so I ask to talk to their supervise. I am told the same thing. When I explain this is bad customer service that any other company is willing to work with people. I was told that wasn't true if you have a past due amount. I said that is wrong. Then I asked if she pays every single bill on time every time. She got very upset and said that that had nothing to do with this conversation. So I asked how I could get out of my contract with them to go somewhere with better customer service. I would have to pay $200.00 to do so. I know I am locked into a contract but that really is exhortion. That is not free market because it forces the consumer to abide the time they can seek better service. Daniel Springfield, MissouriU.S.A.
75, Report #161956
Oct 24 2005
T-mobile Automated theft ripoff Internet
I had purchased an ipaq pda phone for $500.00 in May 2005 with a T-mobile service plan. My phone stopped working in September, so I called and talked to the needed departments. I was told that my phone was warrantied and would be replaced. I never recieved the replacement phone, so I called again and went through the one hour song and dance once again. This time the phone was sent to me. Four days later I recieved a letter from Tmobile that said after inspecting your phone, we have decided that it is not covered by warranty. The only problem was that I had not sent the old phone in yet. There was no way thry could have checked out the condition. The next day my phone service was suspended because the charged the replacement fee onto my account, which made it overdue. I was never given any warning that they would shut my service off. The only options I had were to pay the bill so I could use my phone and hope they creditted me back, or go through the huge hassel of getting this thing taken care by the customer service dept, and we all know how well that works. I decided to fight this and call Tmobile. I waited for 30 minutes on hold and finally talked to a guy who tried to tell me I am out of luck. I had to let him know that this was Tmobiles fault and I am not going to suffer for this. Finally he tells me he is going to permanently credit my account, and said that their has been alot of mysterious billings lately (what ever). My service never went back on. The last guy didnt do a single thing. Now I got to waste another 45+ minutes waiting to talk to some guy who cares less about my satisfaction, nor has been given the ability to rectify any of Tmobiles mistakes. The letter I recieved was obviously an automated letter ment to test the reaction of the consumer who recently placed a claim on a warranty. A majority of people are going to pay immediately just to get their phone back on, or else they are going to believe that Tmobile inspected their phone and that they honestly didnt meet the warranty standards, even when they really might have. Tmobile has made it a giant hurdle to right any wrongs that they might commit. Your best interest is not in mind, in fact they are sneakily trying to get as much money from you as possible. They make a problem and bank on a certain percentage who are able to be muscled into paying. Josh brooklyn park, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Internet