TENANTS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: tenants

There may be more reports for "tenants"

For more results perform a general search for "tenants"

Showing 1-25 of 2,415 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "tenants"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Nov 07 2012
Arizona Tenants Advocates Arizona Tenants Scare Tactic Pros! Leagality MumboJumbo! Tempe, Arizona
If you want someone to take your money and then help with NOTHING this is the place to go. When it comes to contracts, these guys are pros! All there contracts are is a promise to pay but no promise to help.  I was victim of the scare tactics they use to get me out of my apartment. I paid over $700 with no success and no money back. They are too unorganized to be called a business, and too crazy to be called professionals. They care more about bringing new customers in then they do about taking care of the ones that they already have. Of course its because i had already signed a contract of promise to pay. I made a huge mistake dealing with these nut jobs and i hope that nobody has to go through what i went through. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE spread the word and help get these people out of business!
Apr 09 2015
Arizona Tenants Advocates Ken Volk Kenneth Volk Arizona Tenants Advocates is a scam Tempe Arizona
 Arizona Tenants Advocates is a complete waste of time and money. They are worse than doing nothing. I paid them over $700 and all I got out of it was to get sued by my landlord. I had to hire an attorney ($550) to get me out of the lawsuit. In fact, the landlord and her lawyer sued me because Ken Volk was such a troublemaker. (Here is my advice to you to Break Yer Lease: just go hire a real lawyer.) Before you pay them anything, go to his office for the Free Consultation. You won't believe your eyes. Check it out for yerself - just don't pay anything until you do. I really needed to get out of a lease (I had ten months to go) to move in with my boyfriend. The Arizona Tenants Advocates is a shabby old rent house in Tempe. The first thing you see is that the front yard is weeds and dead grass and piles of dog turds. There is filthy old furniture stacked on the front porch. The windows have never been cleaned, Then, just wait until you lay eyes on the owner of Arizona Tenants Advocates!!! His name is Ken Volk. He is this shabby old hippy with hair down to his butt. He meets you wearing ragged out shorts, a dirty tee shirt and flip flops. His office is NOT an office. It is a dusty and cluttered living room CROWDED with stacks of broken office equipment, old furniture, piles of old papers (some falling over), dirty dishes, split upholstery, stained carpet, and dirt, dirt, dirt everywhere. It looks like a cross between a crack house and a junk shop. I am positive the Ken Volk gets his office furniture by prowling the alleys and gathering the junk people throw out into the alleys to be hauled away. It is so cluttered you can barely move around. I was afraid to touch anything. Then he wants you to sit down on his nasty, filthy, old couch and wait for him while he talks to people on the telephone, cooks food for himself, plays with his dogs, etc. He has files just sitting there in open piles with his customers names and addresses on them. You can easily read about his customers personal business. There is no confidentiality at all. Ken Volk will make you wait as long as he wants. There is nothing to do while you are waiting except listen to his workers talk to his customers and tell to each other about peoples personal problems and landlord complaints. After a half an hour, I told Ken Volk that I had to get going and he finally sat down to talk to me. This guy is really old looking and extremely creepy. He has really red eyes like he has been smoking pot. He comes across as a dirty old man. He makes sexually suggestive jokes. I came right out and told him I was there to talk about the lease and that had a boyfriend, he said So do you have a sister? He thought that was real clever. Ken Volk looked at my lease and told me that he could help me break the lease because of an addendum that was illegal. He told me that a lawyer would probably cost me $1200-$2000. He said he could send this letter and that letter and all these promises and blahty blahty blah. I had a very bad feeling but I thought I could save some money., so I paid him. In the next few days and weeks, Ken Volk started telling me all the things he could not do. All he did was write a bunch of letters. Every time he wrote a letter, I had to go back to that dirty creepy house and waste HOURS waiting on him. I asked him, Can't we just do this over the telephone? but he had all these reasons why he wanted me sitting there. The second time I took my boyfriend along who came right out and told him that we could not wait for him and Ken got an attitude right off (but he also hurried up). I had to go back twice more after that. Make a long story short: I got a letter from my landlord's lawyer informing me that I was going togo to court if I didn't pay the lease in full. But I spent $700+ on Arizona Tenants Advocates!!!! So I was short $220 and I GOT SUED. After that Ken Volk didn't want anything to do with me. I had to hire a lawyer and pay him $550 and pay the $220 OR ELSE....
Jan 04 2002
Paul & Amy Scarborough, Fraud tenants from hell.
Do not rent to these people for any reason. The come with a teenaged daughter and a baby. The teenaged daughter is in to some drugs and the police show up several times a week. So if you have a nice house in a nice neighborhood, it looks really good with the swat team there several times a week. Also Paul & Amy never pay any of their bills. They have bill collectors that call me several times a week. Needless to say I always know what bills they have paid and which ones they have not. See when they were getting their new bills they put there phone number down and had to put my number down to prove that I was their landlord,but they never pay their bills so the collectors started calling me. They rented some stuff and the collector had to call me to let them in to get their stuff. Oh did I forget to mention the fighting between Paul & Amy. Well they like to fist fight. So the walls of my house are covered in holes where their fists or some other body part has gone through. That poor baby I feel so sorry for because when they fight all you hear is the yelling and that baby crying. The only reason their rent is paid is because the company that he works for pays it for them. From what I can understand is that they have lived in a couple of different states so every so often they half to move. When doing research on them come to find out some of the places that they have lived before, where they were paying their own rent, the rent never got paid. They lived in one place 6 months without one cent paid. So if you have ever seen the movie Parcific Height, Know that it seems pretty tame to what these people are like. Oh yeah and their credit is shitty. Amy bought a car and lied on her applications so bad that they came and got the car and busted her for fraud. Paul has had a couple of repo's. Amy also likes to use the teenagers social security to get stuff. I hope if you meet these people you will pass.
Mar 01 2010
Federation of Metro Tenants Associations This Toronto Tenants Association is a ripoff to sell you memberships and tenants insurance. Toronto, Ontario Canada
The Federation of Metro Tenants Association sells out our rights to corrupt Toronto city politicians. In return my councillor Gord Perks sent me to them. This group only cares about selling membership and tenant insurance and getting you to sign up your whole building. Then they want you to work for the city councillor at election time. They held one meeting collected hundreds in membership fees, made lots of promises to help us and never helped us for all the money they received!
Entity: Toronto, Ontario
Sep 16 2005
Tenants, Several BAD Tenants For NEW MEXICO Landlords To Avoid Ripoff Mindy J. Cole, Robert Guererro, John Freeman, Gerald and Bobbie Goodyear, Hector and Karen Santana, Shelley McConnel Santa Fe New Mexico
MINDY J. COLE: Sat on Deposit refund ck she received on time from me, then waited the NM State Law 30 days out, didnt cash it, and took me to court for the entire amount because I pretty much pushed her out of my property due to her filthy gross habits. The yard, inside the house were inviting the rats in. She claimed she didnt receive the ck, and in NM the Landlords only have 30days to refund or explain the deposit deductions. So, I had no choice but to refund the entire amount. From now on only certified mail deposit refunds of course. ROBERT GUERRERO: After abondoning the property he and his co-horts left it in severely damaged condition, way superceding the deposit amount. JOHN AND BOBBIE GOODYEAR: they work for Sonic in TAOS, as managers, if you believe it, dont eat there anymore if their 'restaurant' is as bad as the rental they left... They left many many unusable crappy things in and around the property. Didn't clean, only vacated, all screens were destroyed and again, and that and the damages way superceded their deposit. Their obnoxious kids were on the roof of the adjacent guest house during the winter. If you want to avoid a lawsuit, stay away from these morons. HECTOR AND KAREN SANTANA: They moved in one day, gave me lip the next, and I moved them right out loosing a months worth of rent. But, that probably avoided lots of possible trouble with these types. JOHN FREEMAN: Refused to pay the last months rent and wanted me to use his deposit. He works for IHOP as a manager, from which he got fired. After they moved out, with mediocre cleaning and lots of stuff still laying around they still owed me several hundreds of dollars which I, of course, never received... He moved to the mid west where he might still works for another IHOP. SHELLY MACCONNEL: Does not stick to her lease commitment and expects the landlord to eat the cost of advertising for breaking the lease. Was ANAL about having the property shown and ANAL about every little thing else she could think of. A highly paranoid tenant andy landlord can do without. She moved (supposedly) back east. I hope she did for all of us here in NM. Gina santa fe, New MexicoU.S.A.
Entity: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Jun 05 2014
Arizona Tenants Advocates & Association TERRIBLE customer service!!! Tempe Arizona
I was not able to obtain any services with ATA because the representative taking the call was rude, rushing me and very condescending. After two minutes on the phone he rudely asked me what exactly he can help me with so I finally told him I would handle it myself. I cannot see myself doing business with someone that treats potential costumers badly.I filed a Consumer Review and very quickly received a response, denying everything, stating that I was not a customer or seeking services (ummm..... why do you think I called in the first place, OF COURSE I was seeking services!)  and in the end calling me a liar. WORST costumer service, EVER.At this point I would rather put up with a sinking living room/slumlord than do business with a company that treats people in need of help like trash.
Oct 21 2014
Arizona Tenants Advocates & Association KEN! SCAM Tempe Arizona
I have had the worst experience with Arizona Tenants Advocates & Association. I met with Ken in March and spent about 8 hours at his hours discussing my situation & how to resolve it. I was a few weeks away from moving out of town and trying to resolve this matter before I left. I paid Ken almost $1000k to remedy a lease break in which I never had accessibility to the unit documented in my lease agreement. Ken advised met that he would be handling everything for me. I spent another 6-8 hours at his house discussing my matter and other personal inquires which had nothing to do with my case. Ken made it very apparent that what he needed to discuss with me could not be done over the phone and I needed to sit at his house for hours while he researched and created letters to break my lease...In the midst of this letter writing session Ken hit on me several times and spent more time attempting to become personal rather than do his job. In August my mother received a call from a collections agency regarding a collections balance they were attempting to obtain for the apartment in which I paid Ken to break the lease on. I called Ken for a week and was told that he was busy and would get back to me which he did week’s later and sent more unnecessary letters out.As of last week I have been sent to collections and now have this debt on my credit. I have never had anything negative on my credit until now. I contacted Ken several times and have been told that he is busy and with clients. I think my situation should take some sort of precedence as Ken has already been paid and I am not in collections. Ken said if he needed to go to court or needed to handle this matter further that is what his agency does and what my $1000k paid for.Now that I am in collections, all I can say is NEVER do business with him. You may as well pay what you owe and keep your credit and everything else together as Arizona Tenants Advocates & Association will not do anything about it.
8, Report #1208607
Feb 12 2015
Arizona Tenants Advocates ATA Ripoff and a complete scam! Tempe Arizona
Ken volk charges people for forms that are free from the state government. He also has no interested in helping people unless they want to break their lease. Arizona Tenants Advocates is suppose to be a non profit. ken Volk is the director. However this organization exist to to refer people to Ken Volk's for profit business which runs the break lease program. He runs a membership program that does nothing for their members with out  a fee. Even though the pay a membership due. Be careful when you do business with ATA
Aug 31 2008
Joe & Kathleen ONeill Deadbeat tenants Peoria Illinois
Failed to change water into their name leaving us with a $400 bill. Never cleaned the house. Left dog & cat feces about the house. Jim Edwards, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Peoria, Illinois
Mar 09 2002
Christine & Denver Hammons Deadbeat tenants Winnemucca Nevada, Idaho too
This very chatty and personable couple were out driving around, looking for a place to live when they came upon our rental in the remote community known as Paradise Hills, outside of Winnemucca, Nevada. Thinking our rental was empty, they were able to get our phone number from neighbors. We had not been advertising this rental, but agreed to rent it to the Hammons for $200 per month less than what we normally charged, due to this properties' high Winter electric bills; and we also waived the security/cleaning deposit in exchange for them to clean up previous tenants mess. They also signed a Rental Agreement for this dwelling. (They did clean up enough of the mess to make room for their own.) Each and every month thereafter I was forced to phone the Hammons to ask for them to please pay their rent and every month Christine had a different sob story to give me. They did manage to pay the first few months rent, but we have received nothing since Oct. of 2001 and we have now asked them to leave. Meanwhile, they are complaining to all the neighbors that they had no idea the power bills would be high and also repeat these statements to me via email. They mailed me a copy of their power bill after I had repeatedly requested copies for months, and the only surprising thing about it was the fact they've made no payments to the power co. either. (We wonder why the power co. hasn't cut their service already.) This couple make their living trapping and selling skulls and hides on Ebay (Skullshop), which they, themselves have told me are legally-questionable to sell - even tho when they first contacted us they claimed to be employees of a nearby ranch.. ... Not long ago, Christine mentioned they may move to Wyoming, so Wyoming property owners, LOOK OUT! The Hammons supposedly came from Idaho before Nevada. Denver is quite a friendly, jovial soul who's weight problem, combined with improper toilet management has broken the flooring in at least one of the bathrooms. Christine will talk your ear off as well, especially about how rough she and her family has/had it in life; anything to pull your heart strings. I could tell, tho not soon enough, that she is quite well aware of her verbal quantities and never refrains from using them. We are not landlords by choice; we have sent electricians and plumbers as needed. Not fun to be paying mortgage, insurance and maintenance costs on a residence that tenants not only damage, but flake out on paying the rent as well. Sometimes being a good samaritan feels like stupidity. These kinds of tenants are out there. Good luck, whoever you are! Diane Metaline, Washington
Entity: Winnemucca, Nevada
Aug 02 2011
Ruixin Mao Ray Bad tenants Milpitas, California
She did not pay rent on time. And break the rule of rental contract.
Entity: Milpitas, California
Jul 19 2008
Jason Lee & Leann Yoder DEADBEAT TENANTS IN FAUQUIER COUNTY, Sumerduck Virginia
JASON AND LEANN YODER and their four children were homeless in January. We gave them shelter. They said they lost their farm to a fire. We allowed them grace to work off the deposit (first month's rent). They didn't have any money, because Jason was a farmer and lost thier income from farming when the fire occured. So he was looking for a job. Leann's job was part time. We gave grace and allowed them to pay just a portion of the first month's rent. We offered Jason a very good and guaranteed job close to the house they were renting. Jason refused the job three times and instead took a job that was very undependable. They paid February's rent on February 29. They paid March's rent on March 31. They paid April's rent on May 4. They NEVER paid May's rent. They NEVER paid June's rent. Jason said that he gave Leann the money for May and then for June while he was out on the road trying to make a living and provide for his family (he is a CDL driver). He also said that he gave Leann the money to pay the electric bills. But Leann took all the money and abandoned him and their two sons for another man. Supposedly she is renting a house in Culpeper, Virginia. LEANN YODER STOLE our rent money. Renting to JASON OR LEANN YODER has been a big mistake. We are reporting this in hopes that we can save others from making the same mistake we made. Taylor's Sumerduck, VirginiaU.S.A.
Entity: Sumerduck, Virginia
Jan 31 2009
Ron And Nicole Westcott Terrible Tenants - Landlords Worst Nightmare Machesney Park Illinois
I've been renting for 15 years and in that 15 years these two people are the worst tenants in all these years. Landlords if you see these two people Ron and Nicole Westcott run as fast as you can the other way! First let me say nothing was ever fine with Nicole and Ron Westcott renting from us. Second most important thing I have to say is this is a case of a disillusioned tenant and let me explain. Ron Westcott was never on the lease but, Ron Westcott is the writer of a report on Google about me. Nicole Westcott our actual tenant was always late on her rent and I have documents to prove this to anyone concerned with this case. We chose NOT to re-new her lease after one year based on the fact that Nicole Westcott could never seem to pay her rent on time and had an excuse month after month. Ron Westcott who file this report as I stated was not even on the lease he was a roommate according to our tenant on the lease Nicole Westcott. Ron Westcott has been in and out of jail from what his wife Nicole Westcott told us. He was even in jail during part of our tenant Nicole Westcott's rental period. Criminal records are public record so anyone concerned can go to the Winnebago couty court houses website and input Ron Westcott name. They had complaints about out ADT alarm system and here is the real story. The ADT system we owned NOT Nicole Westcott and NOT Ron Westcott it was our property and we moved that system to another rental building where it was needed. The kitchen cabinet uner the sink was new before they moved in. Nicole Westcott called us after to report a problem she let the pipes leak for months BECAUSE SHE WAS PAST DUE ON HER RENT AND DID NOT WANT TO CALL, she did not even put a bucket under there to catch the water. My wife arrived to see this distruction they caused & let her know that the kitchen cabinet was new when she moved in and asked Nicole Westcott why she did not put a bucket under there? Only a bad tenant would not call or put a bucket under there. I have receipts to prove this wood was purchased before she moved in & that I paid a carpenter to install it. I had to laugh when I read the claimes about the main beam caving in and all the other issues because the health department that Ron and Nicole called gave me 2 minor violations and that was a few screens needed to be repaired and one light switch cover that the TENANTS took off needed to be replace. This is all public record and can be found at the Winnebago health department. I was reinspected within a few days and I would not have passed inspection if a MAIN BEAM was caving in or the toilet was not working properly. LOL As soon as I was notified by the tenant that my toilet was leaking I called a plumber and had the toilet repair completed within two days. I have the receipt from the plumber for this repair for anyone concerned about this case to view. The health department understood why they were called, Nicole and Ron Westcott were upset because they had to move due to the fact I was not renewing Nicole's lease and that's the only reason they picked up the phone & called the health department. I have my records to prove my minor violations and I also have my approval letter stating everything is up to code at my duplex. The health department saw right through Nicole and Ron Westcott & soon realized this was a disillusioned couple trying to grab at straws and make as many problems as they could for their landlord before they had to move out. As far as the cockroaches are concerned, yes we had a tenant bring them and I immediately ERADICATED THE COCKROACHES. I did not purchase one or two but I purchased THREE CHEMICALS to eradicate the cockroaches. Funny when Ron and Nicole Westcott moved out I found bottles of the chemicals unopened so, I guess the smoke bumbs I purchased after I gave them the 3 bottles of chemicals to kill the cockroaches worked huh. The law states that a lease can be non renewable after the year is up and we chose not to renew this lease due to Nicole Westcott being late on her rent numerous times throughout the year. Also about their security deposit, they took it upon themselves to take out a window to put in an window A/C unit and that broke the main window support because they did it wrong. So after three window companies deemed it unrepairable we took that dollar amount out of their security deposit along with all the other damages and mailed Ron and Nicole Westcott a security Deposit Refund itemized letter stating that they OWED US MONEY. I have the photos of the pig stye, receipts & estimates to prove the window was not repairable and all the items that needed to be repaired for anyone concerned about this case to view. They probably owed rent at the time they wanted to install this A/C unit so they did not call even though our lease CLEARLY states to call the landlord for any exterior or interior modifications and it must be approved in writing by the landlord! I have a copy of their lease which clearly states this for anyone concerned with this case to view. They are slobs who left the place a pig stye too. They left sooooooo much garbage behind that it took three men to move their disgusting garbage they left behind on the interior and the exterior of my beautiful unit to the garbage dump. There children drew on my freshly painted walls & Nicole and Ron Westcott tried to re-paint but they did not use the proper paint for the job and it all needed to be repainted so the drawings would be covered. I always rent my 14 units freshly painted and cleaned. There was also a lot of verbal abuse and threats of physical violence from these tenants Nicole and Ron Westcott, LANDLORDS BE AWARE & TAKE NOTE DO NOT RENT TO RON OR NICOLE WESTCOTT. To this day they never have paid for any of their damages to this property. So don't let them get too far behind on their rent, you'll never see your money because they will trash your property & just pick up and go to rip off another unsuspecting landlord. Craig Rockford, IllinoisU.S.A.
Entity: Machesney Park, Illinois
Mar 27 2000
Joe and Fran Pilla ..Tenants that are professional freeloaders New Jersey
I rented my townhouse to the Joe and Fran Pilla family in South New Jersey in February 1999. Their first months rent check bounced, which made me immediately concerned. I was mailed a money order, which was fine. The next 5 months rent was paid, but most of the time either late, or not the correct amount. I continuously gave this family chances, which many people called me stupid. The gas bill was in my name, so I would pay it, then send them a copy of the bill and ask them to pay me. They started to not pay that starting in June. October came, and the rent was late, so I mailed out the normal late letter, asking them to pay me the rent and the late fee. I never heard from them. I then called, and I got a sob story that would have made anyone feel bad, so I agreed to pay the rent for them and for them to pay me back October over a 5 month period. Stupid with a capital S. I got November's rent, and on time. Still no gas bill. December came, and no rent, and of course no gas bill. I mailed out my normal late letter asking for the rent, late fee, and gas bills again!. I didn't hear back, so I generated an eviction letter, on December 10, stating that they had 30 days to get out or I was going to file for eviction. I tried to call them to tell them this on the phone as well, and they had disconnected the phone and left no way to get in touch with them. My realtor drove to the house and got their cell phone number and I immediately called to find out what was going on. I left a number of messages, and never got a returned call. On January 11th, my daughter was born so I couldn't get up to N.J., from MD., until Jan 13th. I got up there, knocked on the door, and the entire family was home at 10:30 in the morning. Joe and Fran were there, and their two teenage kids were still asleep. Needless to say, I was furious, and left out of the house to go to the courthouse. I filed an eviction, got a court date, appeared with my wife and newborn to hear that they had claimed bankruptcy. I was at a loss for words. At this point they owed me Oct., Dec., Jan., Feb., 6 months of gas bills, 2 quarters of sewage bills, and they did this. I was frantically scraping for money as it was, now I had to even scrape more. I went to the bankruptcy court, who told me they had a hearing on March 6th. I hired an attorney, who told me he would handle things and keep me posted. Robert Manchel did not do that. On March 12th, after me trying to desperately get in touch with him, he decided to call me back to let me know that their case had been dismissed. This meant that I could file for eviction again. Just to make sure, since it is a 2.5 hour drive to N.J. for me, I made some calls. I spoke to a real nice lady at the bankruptcy court who told me that their case was dismissed, like I thought, but that they had filed for another case in their name, and were protected until April 3rd. I contacted another attorney at this time, and he gave me some good advice, and I am currently in the middle of my hell with these people. The moral to this story is to never, never trust anyone that you don't already know. Treat the rental like EVERYONE is going to screw you and you will be better off. I have learned alot in this whole mess, and I'm not sure where I'm going to end up before it's all through. These tenants did things like take the for sale sign out of the window of the house, turn away showings, etc. Real winners. In all of this mess, I had someone make an offer on the house. I got excited, and relieved, signed the contract, not knowing they could drag this out forever. Needless to say, the new buyers smelled an opportunity and are now suing us for breech of contract. I sure hope this hell ends for me soon. I'm at the point where it's hard to get money for groceries, because I'm so worried about keeping my credit clean and making their mortgage, and mine as well. Learn from my mistakes, Jeff
Entity: Blackwood, New Jersey
Jan 18 2013
UDR- 95 Wall Street Harass Tenants New York, New York
The Management Team of UDR is the worst management company ever.  They solve disputes with their tenants by harassing them and stealing their packages.  They refuse to release my packages due to the fact I am taking them to landlord tenant court.  The locks on my front door have not worked since I moved in.  I was out of work ill and home sleeping when I heard banging at my door then they opened it to come in (1) they did not have my permission to enter (2) there was no emergency.  I went to the concierge to get my packages and was told that the management desk is holding them because they would like to speak with me.  They have my phone number and e-mail address I have received no phone call or e-mail and when I called them to enquire why they would not release my mail I was told that they could not speak with me my attorney had to call them.  I should have listened everything they said about UDR is correct they are the worst management company out there.  This use to be a lovely building since they took over it is falling apart there is a half cemented ceiling by the lounge for a week now, the carpet is dirty in the halls the garbage room and stairwells smell.  This is the Stark building a beauty that has been blemished due to the poor quality of the management currently controlling it.  I am going to report them to the Mail Inspector they can't take my mail which is sent through the US Mail system to me and confiscate it.  It is mail tampering.  You cannot trust them they try to enter your apartment when you are not home and when you report them to landlord tenant court for not doing their job you become the subject of personal attacks and harassment.  DO NOT MOVE INO A UDR BUILDING. AVOID AT ALL COST.  HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT.
Entity: New York, New York
Apr 01 2014
Jacqueline Contreras Richard Castro Dead Beat Tenants Middletown New York Nationwide
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Table Normal; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:Calibri,sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Times New Roman; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Richard Castro and Jacqueline Contreras move into my rental property in 2/1/2012. Jacqueline Contreras spent decades on government benefits and Richard Castro had a bad credit and I took a chance to make them my tenants because they were refered by her sister who lived in the area. Nine months later they began to be late with their rent and the lying and they usual dead beat tenant acts had begun. Jacqueline Contreras’s lying is second nature to her. I had sent them numerous letters telling them that they rent must be paid timely and if they are going to be late they should let me know. They had ignored every note I sent them and I could not get them on the phone either. In the next 9 months they paid their rent when they wanted and how much they wanted.  I received the last rent payment from them in September 2013. In December I filed for an eviction and both were evicted as of January 31, 2014 with a judgment against them. By the time they left they owned me $5400.These two individuals were the worst tenants I ever had. I own several properties and I never lost a rent but eventually I knew I will because it comes with the territory. Richard Castro and Jacqueline Contreras   are professional liars and not to be trusted. Jacqueline Contreras is an expert liar and if you are not thinking you can believe what she says, she is extremely convincing. I have the eviction papers signed by a judge to prove this. She complained that I harassed her with letters. I am good landlord and I am entitled to my rent.  I never went to the house knocking on the doors I only use the mail services to demand my rent. If asking for my rent is harassment they should realize that in the real world you have to pay your own rent.
Apr 01 2014
Richard Castro Jacqueline Contreras Dead beat Tenants Middletown New york, Nationwide
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Table Normal; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:Calibri,sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Times New Roman; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Richard Castro and Jacqueline Contreras move into my rental property in 2/1/2012. Jacqueline Contreras spent decades on government benefits and Richard Castro had a bad credit and I took a chance to make them my tenants because they were refered by her sister who lived in the area. Nine months later they began to be late with their rent and the lying and they usual dead beat tenant acts had begun. Jacqueline Contreras’s lying is second nature to her. I had sent them numerous letters telling them that they rent must be paid timely and if they are going to be late they should let me know. They had ignored every note I sent them and I could not get them on the phone either. In the next 9 months they paid their rent when they wanted and how much they wanted.  I received the last rent payment from them in September 2013. In December I filed for an eviction and both were evicted as of January 31, 2014 with a judgment against them. By the time they left they owned me $5400.These two individuals were the worst tenants I ever had. I own several properties and I never lost a rent but eventually I knew I will because it comes with the territory. Richard Castro and Jacqueline Contreras   are professional liars and not to be trusted. Jacqueline Contreras is an expert liar and if you are not thinking you can believe what she says, she is extremely convincing. I have the eviction papers signed by a judge to prove this. She complained that I harassed her with letters. I am good landlord and I am entitled to my rent.  I never went to the house knocking on the doors I only use the mail services to demand my rent. If asking for my rent is harassment they should realize that in the real world you have to pay your own rent.
Apr 10 2015
Arizona Tenants Advocates Ken Volk Break Yer Lease scam ttempe Arizona
Arizona Tenants Advocates has a slick website but nothing more.Once you visit the run down rent house ATA calls its headquarters, you realize ATA is almost laughable!ATA's office is incredible. Just wait until you see this dump. It is a SHITHOLE (there is just no other way to say it!). It is so dirty i was afraid to sit down. You can hardly move around because there is old junk stacked everywhere, dirty dishes, big stacks of papers, ...all crap that he is too lazy to throw out or clean. The manis obviously a hoarder and never throws away anything. Kenneth Volk is the owner. The guy is unbelievable. He looks like a homeless person! I had an appointment and i was on time. He made me wait 10-15 minutes and listen to him talk to a customer abouy her problems with her landlord. I was embarrassed for the woman - (I did not want to hear about her emotional problems)Then he went to one of his backrooms and did. something for a few minutes (??).Then I had to sit on his FOUL SLIMY couch and talk to him. He acts like he is the big expert about leases. He is not a lawyer (I asked) but he pretty much pretends like he is a lawyer. Thats when i really got nervous about him.He wanted me to pay him almost $1000 so he could get me out of my lease! Is this guy nuts???      I walked out. I went to a lawyer and paid the lawyer $500He looks and lives like a drug addict!!!
Entity: ttempe, Arizona
Oct 16 2017
Mr. Break Yer Lease Renter's Union Phoenix Arizona
Arizona Tenants Advocates in a long term scam.  The fraudster is named Ken Volk. Ask any lawyer about ATA and they will tell you: Ken Volk charges $1000 + to do about an hour of work. All he is doing is filling in a form hat is available at the law library.If you don' believe me then go visit Ken Volk at his office.  You will be a believer then!  He works out of a dirty cluttered living room full of nasty furniture and people sitting around talking about other customers.  It is the most unprofessional business I have ever seen.  Ken Volk heavily spams the internet with positive reviews about ATA. You could just buy your way out of your lease for less money that Ken Volk charges! Ken Volk knows, there is a sucker born every minute. Don't be a sucker.
Entity: Tempe, California
Nov 01 2007
Efforttrust They Over Charge Tenants Hamilton Ontario
You may not now but Effort Trust is over charging you all. Not only that they have hired a company called Event Security for all there properties. What this company does is INTIMIDATE young people from not going into Effort Trust Properties. I went over and spoke with the Event Security owner (very rude) he think he is a police officer all he is is a RENT A COP (his name is Tony) Anyway one day I was at 438 Hwy # 8 and he drives sort of a mini van (green) he went over and told some kids that were not doing anything to leave the property or he would take down there license plate and give it to the police. I over heard that and went over and told him you have no right to do that (he said) to me I have intructions from Effort Trust, the next day I called Effort Trust and they told me and I qoute we do not tell our vendors how to act we know that sometimes he steps over the line but he cleans up the place. What Event Security does is give the info on the license plate to Hamilton Police in turn the Police give him the info on the car (address who the car belongs to etc..) What he does with this just shocked me completly he writes up a letter and tell them they are banned for six months from going into the said property. Also his guards are not certified as Security Guards, I will be contacting the Ontario Security Guard Association on that matter (today or tommorow) David stromberg Hamilton, OntarioCanada
Entity: Hamilton, Ontario
Feb 15 2008
Homecomings Financial liars Tampa Florida texas
i have been a customer for homecomings for 2 years . bought my first home from another company who sold the mortgage to homecomings before i could even make my first payment. have had problems with ever since , lost payments, to later be found only after i paid a penalty. recently contacted homecomings to work out payment plan after being laid off of work. upon going back to work and asking for assistance from homecomings and getting thier famous run around of not our department or leave a message and we will call back. i was informed by a process server who served the notice to my 9 yr old son that i was being placed in foreclosure. tried to contact the attorney on record to no avail, finally met with a homecomings counsellor who informed me that even that i was back to work making more money than i originally had that i could not afford my home and they would accept my deed in leau of foreclosure . i agreed signed the paper only to be informed that my foreclosure is still proceeding as planned. they lie to you cant answer questions and by the way will charge off your account and put you in foreclosure while you are still paying them . interesting isnt it. Gene palm harbor, FloridaU.S.A.
Nov 16 2004
Troy Pitter ripoff Tucson Arizona
This past tenant skipped out on over $2000 rent/damages. May also be under investigation for drug trafficking. May attempt to use Verronica Johnson to help him qualify. DO NOT rent to these individuals! John Tucson, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Tucson, Arizona
Feb 28 2004
Ridgegate Apts ripoff Phoenix Arizona
Not being an actual tenant, but have friends that live there, I couldn't agree more with the first ex-tenants. I visit my friends there (which live in 3 different units)and for 3 weeks the Guard Security gates were left in the open position, at BOTH entrances and exits - 24/7 w/o temp security posted, as there should have been - even if it was to physically check for gate cards as if they were to open the gate to access entry. There has been CONTINUOUS construction on the access street also for the past year+, so the absorbent rent that they charge, which states include the amenity of Security gates closed 24 hours a day - bung! One friend has reported a problem with his dryer 4 different times in 3 weeks / 3 weeks ago with still no visit or even a phone call from the office or maintanence, #2 had a TERRIBLE ant problem, WHICH she had to have a friend of hers help her solve that because the office wouldn't respond w/action. They insisited that with the construction there was going to be that problem. Yeah, right, coming from cracks under the kitchen sink?? I don't think so. I live in an apt complex OLDER than RG and I have NEVER had ants, crickets etc. #3 kept getting her mailbox broken into (which is right by the office) and each time it took them DAYS to get them secure (she nows PAYS for a express mail box to avoid delivery at the complex) What is their rents getting them? They are all 3 on a waiting list at my complex and have documention on everything to support ARS to walk right out of their leases. That complex really needs the OWNERSHIP to plan a SURPRISE visit or place one of their own there for 30 days anonymously to see the management in lack of action. Also, isn't car repair usually forbidden in the parking lots of apts? Take a drive thru and count the cars that are up on blocks... Rita Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Jul 28 2008
Hunter Rentals Deposite refund Killeen Texas
OMG!! Me and my husband who at the time was active duty military rented a house from Hunter Rentals a few years ago. I was reading all these ads about that place and can not believe there were more victims. I thought I was the only one. When me and my husband moved out, we cleaned that place from top to bottom to make sure we got our deposit back. I could not beleive the things they were charging us for. I wish I would have thought about a law suit at the time like one of these young ladies did. I took it all the way to the Better Business Bureau thinking they would help but it didn't. Hunter Rentals made false statements and even took pictures that were false. Where they got the pictures I have no ideal.They charged us x amount of money for not cleaning behind the refridgerator, which I personally pulled out and sweap and mopped behind. They charged us money for not cleaning the carpet telling us we didn't have a professional carpet cleaning company do the job, which we did and had receipts. It was the most unbelievable thing I had ever seen. Needless to say me and my husband ended up having to pay them money or they told us it would go on our credit report, which we both had excellent credit and didn't want something like that on it. I wish I had found these ads before we rented from them. I feel so sorry for military families being sent to Fort Hood and have to deal with places like that. They should be able to operate in Killeen. Melissa Belton, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Killeen, Texas
Feb 22 2002
Ron & Amy Steward
Just a warning to other landlords--left owing us almost $2500.00. Always had an excuse and a promise to pay. BIG SCAMMERS!! Won this settlement in small claims court for all that it is worth, as they will never work a legit job to be garnished against. Left the apt. a filthy pig sty, rottweiler hair EVERYWHERE. Beware!!
Entity: Nebraska