TIME WARNER CABLE Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: time warner cable

There may be more reports for "time warner cable"

For more results perform a general search for "time warner cable"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 10 2012
Time Warner Cable Took money from my Checking account w/out autorization Austin Texas
On May 3rd i contacted Time Warner to see what offers for cable tv they had. To begin with the customer service rep. was extremely rude and made fun of the fact that he used words i didnt understand. At the time i was dealing with a crying baby and 2 barking dogs, so it wasnt that i didnt understand him, just couldnt hear too well. Then he asks me for a checking account number and assures me that nothing will be charged to my account. Hours later my account had been charged $165, without my concent, in addition this caused my rent check to be returned, with a charge of $35 from the back, and $105 from my apartment complex. To top it all off, i contacted them several times, and got the run around only to be told that i would get the original $165 back in 2-5 business days (still no credit to my account) and i was S.O.L. for all the other fees this had caused me to aquire. The only thing the call center rep could offer was this: well if you were a customer, i could credit your account with the other amounts, but seeing as you are not, theres nothing i can do for you. Great service provided by Time Warner.
Entity: Austin, Texas
Feb 17 2012
Time Warner Cable ALL TWC CUSTOMER SHOULD READ FROM THIS Charlotte, North Carolina
To all Disgruntled Time Warner Customers please read: I see many complaints about TWC and their employees and the treatement the customers receive when trying to resolve issues.  I want to share some advice. Why would you want to be on the phone for 6-7 hours speaking with a cable provider and not getting anything resolved? Why would you pay for the priviledge to be treated like dirt? Why would you put up with being transferred to the various many departments throughout a company to complain about how you are treated? Let me throw some logic out to you..... If you are being treated so badly as a customer, have you given any thought about how their employees are treated?  Have you researched to find how many complaints are with various Federal employment agencies about this company?  If you have you wouldn't question why you are treated the way you are when you call. A company that could care or less about their customers certainly treat their employees far worse. Employees that make low wages and are treated like dirt are the ones you are on the phone with when you call. Obviously the company doesn't care how their customers get treated because they disgruntle the bejezzus out of their employees and then put them on the phone with the customers.  Now if there is an attitude from this company that they don't care about their customers, then don't be shocked when employees have the same attitude.  Myself and others included have received retributory acts against us for standing up for their customers.  To the point of just like a hot stove,  aren't going near that again.  I understand why employees in this economic climate will work for a rotten bunch like this, they have to get a paycheck from somewhere.   But what I don't understand is why customers insist on paying for the priviledge of this lousy treatment.   Do not complain to consumer rights agencies.  Becaue like employment agencies it's all mute and gets sweeped under the rug. If you really are sick and tired of TWC being a monopoly then stop allowing them to be. Go to your local municpal office, write letters to the local government officials in your area and demand that another cable provider be brought in  to the Carolinas or anywhere else they are. TWC does not have exclusive franchise agreements with their areas, which mean you can get another provider in that area to compete with them. DO IT!  Because not all cable companies treat their customers or employees like this.  I can honestly say I know of one that takes their Customer Quality Experience very seriously.  Their services always work because they spend the money to maintain their lines and nodes.  And their employees are treated well, because they are smart enough to know not to put disgruntled employees on the phones with their customers and expect to gain revenue from that.   So if there is one company that feels that way, why are you putting up with TWC?  dealing with outages why?  dealing with being on the phone with them for 7 hours why?  Putting up with your bill wrong and non-posted payments, and misapplied payments why?  Stop complaining and get going to your local county or town office.  Make a difference for yourself and your neighbors.
Entity: Charlotte, North Carolina
Feb 01 2012
Time Warner Cable Never Got Rebate I was promised!! Los Angeles, California
In the first half of 2011 I  switched my internet over to Time Warner cable and was promised a $50.00 gift card.I filled out forms and sent a copy of my phone bill plus went online to fill out a form.That was over 8 months ago.  Still no gift card.After a few months I called the salesman who had come to my house. He said he would take care of it..A few months later I called him again and he said to send him an email and he would walk it over to the proper department..Still nothing. Once again I called and sent him an email.Still nothing. I called TWC and they told me I have to be in good standing for 90 days, which I was. Then they said to go online  and check status.. I tried and no  record found..I called the rebate department and they said they did not handle that promotion and I have to call marketing. I could not get anymore info and still no gift card.
Entity: Los Angeles, California
Feb 11 2012
Time-Warner Cable Incompetence, Overcharges Costa Mesa, California
Contents of my complaint directed to Time-Warner: Complaint regarding BILLING INCOMPETENCE: I stopped Local Broadcast on 1/12/2012. The 1/18/12 billing included a full month charge for Local and I paid it figuring I'd receive credit for the overpayment for the 2/18/12 period. WRONG!  The 2/18 bill not only did NOT provide a credit, but had ANOTHER full month charge for Local. UNBELIEVABLE! Questions: 1. How is it possible to be so incompetent as to be unable to record billing changes when service is reduced? 2. How is it possible to compound the problem over a period of months? 3. Are there no coordination, checks and balances in between service and billing? Complaint regarding CUSTOMER SUPPORT INCOMPETENCE: I called today expecting to resolve the matter quickly.  WRONG!  The support rep, Susan, could not find a record of the cancellation and put me on hold for 20 minutes.  UNBELIEVABLE!  While on hold, I located the service removal receipt and gave her the specifics when she finally came back on the line. Questions: 1. How is it possible to be so incompetent as to be unable to determine that the most recent billing statement documented the 1/12 service call? 2. Why is it necessary to place customers on interminably long holds to determine the obvious? 3. Why doesn't your left hand know what the right hand is doing? 4. Why does Time-Warner make the federal government bureaucracy look like a well oiled machine in comparison? I will not pay the current bill until you Keystone Cop wannabe's provide a statement that correctly reflects all due credits.  Everyone who works for Tw should hang their heads in shame.  With all the incompetence in your organization, it's no wonder the fees are so ridiculously high.
Entity: Costa Mesa, California
Jan 23 2009
Time Warner Cable Refuse to send reimbursement payment Columbus Ohio
After moving, I accidently paid my old Time Warner Account instead of the new one. This occurred in July 2008. Since then I have tried and tried to get a reimbursement check sent. I have called them since July and each time hanging up believing that a check was on it's way. I have since started calling monthly and each time there is another reason why they can't send me a refund. I have sent bank statements etc and they still refuse to reimburse me. If I owed them money, they would have shut off service and came after me. I have now been waiting over 7 months for a reimbursement of $200 and cannot get anywhere on receiving my money. 327heaven Dayton, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: Columbus, Ohio
Jan 10 2011
time warner cable Overcharged rochester, New York
I HAVE BEEN WITH TWC FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW AND UP UNTIL THIS MONTH THEY WERE OK. I CALL TO GET MY BALANCE AND WHAT IS USUALLY $150.00 MONTHLY IS NOW 427.00 . THAT IS BECAUSE THEY NOW WANT YOU TO PAY 2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE TO CONTINUE SERVICE. WE HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN LATE ON A PAYMENT . THEIR SERVICE IS GOING DOWNHILL . THEY CHARGE JUST TO COME OUT FOR A SERVICE CALL. AND NOW THEIR RAISING THEIR PRICES YET AGAIN......I AM SO SICK OF BULLY COMPANIES LIKE TWC. I SAY WE ALL CANCEL THEM AND PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS
Entity: rochester, New York
Dec 14 2009
TIME WARNER CABLE Increased my bill to allmost twice what I was paying. Ashtabula, Ohio
I received a shot off notice for my cable,phone,computer from Time Warner Cable. With a balance due of almost $500.00 So I called and the woman said that my contract expired a year ago and that I have been paying $169.99 for the last year..I tried to tell her she was nuts. But she would not listen so I drove into the cable company. Where I found a line of people with the same problem. But the woman there told me that my contract expired in November and not a year ago and went from $99.99 to $169.99 a month...I can not afford this I told her she said well if you pay $130.00 of the almost $500.00 balance due I will put you on another special..I figured she would put me back on the $99.99 special so I paid her the $130.00.  And she said well I can put you on a special for $159.99 a month...I can't afford that. and the only other option is to back to a dish company...(which sucked) the picture would go out at least 3 times during any give show...Monopoly is what it is for years we have been going back and forth between dish and cable because of there prices....This i s wrong.....What I want to know Is why can Time Warner Cable charge the neighbor $99.99 a month for the same service and I have to pay $169.99........This should be illegal.....who governs these cable companies??? RIP OFF OF ALL RIP OFFS.....
Entity: Ashtabula, Ohio
58, Report #592073
Apr 11 2010
Time Warner Cable unfair billing practices Cincinnati, Ohio
After many years as a Time Warner Cable customer, I cancelled my service in February 2010. Because TWC bills for service in advance, their February 22 statement to me showed a credit balance. I called TWC when I got that statement because I knew I owed an early termination fee. TWC told me that would appear on my next statement, scheduled for March 22. I was told to wait for that statement and then to write a check for the balance; TWC could not put this final bill on my credit card (as had been done automatically when I was a customer) since my account with them was closed. On 3/25 I received a statement, dated 3/22/10, that showed the credit balance forward from my February statement, a billing detail item (the termination fee), and a final balance owed to TWC. The next day (3/26) I went to the TWC office to pay the final bill and was told my balance was more than the bill showed. TWC had deemed my account past due (even before sending the 3/22/10 final bill) and had turned the account over to a collection agency! I made numerous phone calls and finally got in touch with the collection agency. I explained the situation to them and they had me fax the 2/22/10 statement, the 3/25/10 statement and the 3/26/10 payment receipt to them. They referred the matter back to TWC. TWC returned it to the collection agency, insisting I owed the collection fee. Under duress, because my credit rating was being threatened, I paid the collection fee plus a processing fee. My contention is that since my account was never past due, TWC should never have put the account in collection and I should not have to pay for their mistake.
Entity: Cincinnati, Ohio
Aug 12 2009
Time Warner Cable Took advantage of senior citizen Plano Texas
The time warner way. My mother got time warner around two years ago, because after her husband died she sold the family home to move into a small apartment community. She got an agent who assured her that her rates would be set, and that she would have a universal type phone service as well with free long distance. well months later she noticed that the bill was over 200.00 dollars every month so i called to see what the glitch was.. I was informed that she did not have the universal plan or what ever the term is for this , and that she in fact had the local plan. I asked them to change it to what she originally was told she would get. i was told that it was to late, and that she would have to keep the one she has. let me tell you a little about this local plan. local for her was 972 area code. but only a few parts of 972 area code. So if she needed to call her apartment office, guess what it was long distance, if she called the neighbors upstairs it was long distance, if she called any place other than certain spots it was long distance. well i tried over and over for about a 18 months to get them to change this or let her out of it, and they refused every time.It was not until i made a threat of the attorney general and the BBB that they stated that it would be no problem. I mean it was just like lighting fast. So now the bill was to be 57 dollars per month from now on. This is great right,,,wrong.. because they charged her 90 dollars three times to change to what she originally asked for in the first place. My mother has terminal kidney disease and is not in good health. it just seems a shame that a company like time warner get away with preying on people with the trick sales tactics they use.If you think about it, Are we all that well off that we can pay hundreds of dollars a month to watch reruns of the same programs. people find other more honest companies if you must have the service, but time warner is the snake of the industry. You can even choose free sites like hulu.com and watch programs for free. You can choose cheep fixed rate cell phone services like metro and truly get a fixed rate.Stop giving time warner your money.Better yet save that money and take your family on a flight some place, because that is what the families of time warner are doing with the money that they are robbing from you and senior citizens alike. This company is not worthy to do business in the state of texas. PS . this is only the tip of what i really could tell you about what they have done , and continue to do to torment customers. It would take pages just to tell you about the two person office, the rude phone calls, and the sorry for your luck type attitude they take with the very customers that make the possible for them to have a tech truck to not show up in when they say they will. Tiredoftakingit dallas, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Plano, Texas
Jun 29 2009
Time Warner Cable Service Problem Never Resolved Irving Texas
I would like to start out to say that I have been a customer of Time Warner for 30 years. Apparantely that does not help my cause whatsoever. I started having problems with my digital and regular cable around June 8th of 2009. I called the number on my bill for service on June 8th and they scheduled a tech to come out of June 11th he was to arrive somewhere in the window of 2:00 to 5:00 pm. I was informed that he would call twice before his appointment and if I did not answer then the appointment would be cancelled. I therefore supplied them with my cell number which I have on my body at all times. I never received a phone call on the 11th but a tech showed up at my door. Unfortunately a bad storm had come throught N. Texas on June 10th and knocked out power to over 20,000 residences and mine was one of them. So when he showed up at my door I informed him I had no electrcity to be able to check the cable. He told me to call the office whenever my electricity was restored. On June 14th I called the customer service number once again and explained the electrical outage and told them I had electricity and that my cable was still not working properly. They scheduled someone to come out on June 16th between 2:00 and 5:00. I again gave them my cell number as the best way to reach me. They told me the same scenario would apply if the tech called twice and no answer the call would be cancelled. I was told that I would have about a 15 to 20 minute window of opportunity to get back home after the tech notified me. The tech showed up at my home and I had left a friend over there to since I had to be at work that day. He changed out the box on the digital cable and then proceeded to tell my friend that the other tv's in the home needed a converter box to make them work properly. He explained since the conversion on June 12th to all digital I would have to replace my tv's to digital or get a convert box. Bull!!!!!!! I even know this as long as your tv is with a cable company you do not need a converter box. He programmed my digital tv (the one on regular cable) so that I would get the local channels like 5, 8, 4 and 11 up higher. It still did not fix the snow and the lines running through which is bad reception period. Again this tech left and told my friend if I had any more problems or if the problem was not resolved I was to call back in and they would have a line tech come out because the problem would be outside in the line somewhere. He also said I would not have to be home when they came out. Okay so the cable is still not working. At this point I am frustrated an annoyed. I have guys coming out to my home and talking about stuff that just doesn't make sense. Why not just fix the darn problem and let me enjoy my life.. I have to call back again and they schedule a guy to come out on June 20th between 2:00 to 5:00. At exactly 2:01 my cell phone rings. It is the tech inquiring if I was still having problems with my cable service. I said yes and he replied okay I will be out there shortly. I patiently sat down and started to wait for him to show. Thinking I would only be waiting for about 20 minutes I went ahead and corraled my dogs so that when he arrived they would not try to bite him. I waited and waited. No tech! Finally by 4:40 I decided to have my brother hang around my home while I ran to pick up my daughter. Finally at 4:45 he showed. He preceded to tell my brother that he would install a device to help bring the signal into the tv's stronger. He did this and left. While he was there he went into the back yard and the whole time he was there he was talking on his cell phone. Laughing and talking about personal stuff. He could of cared less if the cable was fixed or not. Guess what the cable was not fixed. I called Time Warner back on June 20th at 1:00am explained what had happened earlier that day and also went over with them again that supposably I did not even have to be home when someone came out next because it was in the line somewhere and not in my home. The customer service rep agreed with me and said she would set it up for someone to look at the line the next day. Our cable is still messed up. I have placed and received numerous calls from Time Warner. When they are suppose to call me on my cell number they will call me at my home number during the day when I am at work. I have told anyone and everyone at Time Warner my cell number in hopes that they would call the right number. I am beginning to think they do not understand English. In the week of June 22 through the 26th I called them every single day. I got different stories from different customer service reps to why my service was not working still. I then received a call from a Time Warner person that says he resolves issues between customers service and the techs. He said not to call the customer service number anymore and supplied me with his cell number. He said to call him if I was still having problems. Well DUH I am still having problems. I was going out of town that Friday so I decided to call him today (June 29th) to let him know we are still having problems. I got no answer and then I left message. I called back after two hours and finally got him. He said he would talk with a tech and call me back. Three hours later still no call back. Called him again and no answer left a message again. Time Warner do the right thing fix my cable so I can watch it and stop giving a customer of 30 years the run around. Why do I have to take off work and wait for 3 hours for someone to show up when I have done this 3 times. What's that about. Shouldn't there be exceptions to the rule for some customers? Get someone out that really knows what they are doing. I am most likely going to cancel my service and move on to AT&T. Any help to resolve this issue is appreciated but apparantley if you are not GOD no one can help. Kmbarr2 Grand Prairie, TexasU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Time Warner Cable
Entity: Irving, Texas
Feb 26 2009
TIME WARNER CABLE HORRIBLE, GHETTO SERVICE CLEVELAND Ohio
OK, First off let's talk about how the industry forced us to either purchase new tv's, or cable tv service. Second of all, automated systems, we all hate um, TWC automated system for bill payment doesn't even work! You don't have to use the automated system, but I'm afraid to give up my card #online, and using a rep to process payments will cost you an extra $5 bucks on top of the overpriced cable that I have to buy because Cleveland is such a slum, they are the only company offering cable in my area. I called the 24 line to pay my bill, the system didn't work, nor could it tell me my balance. I was transferred to a rep who I believe that I woke her from a nap. She didn't even try to clear her throat or pretend to be awake, she just plainly stated Thank God it's Thursday, I'm off tomorrow, never did give me my account balance, but she did convince me to add starz to my package because they supposedly show a new movie weekly, which is DEFINITELY not the case with HBO and SHWTIME Anyway, I was connected to some other prick who was very patronizing, and insisted that I owed a bill from December, which was my first month (which you pay in advance to the tech when he connects you) so that would be impossible! Plus, the last rep told me last month my bill was $66, I paid them an even $70, so even thought I pay my bill on time every month, it keeps getting higher and higher. When the sales reps offer these great deals they always say it'll just be $60-70 total , but you get your bill and it's like $150 Mamanikki cleveland, OhioU.S.A.
Entity: CLEVELAND, Ohio
Oct 09 2012
Time Warner Cable - Northeast Ohio Gift Card scam Internet
Time Warner Cable was running an online special where if you switched to Time Warner Cable they would send you a $500 Visa gift card after you registered for it and paid your cable bill on time for 3 consecutive months.  Time Warner Cable said after fulfilling these requirements a $500 Visa gift card would be mailed approximatley 4-6 weeks later.  I fulfilled all requirements and have been waiting for my $500 Visa reward card.  I did not receive after waiting 6 weeks beyond the time I should have received the $500 Visa reward card.  I called Time Warner Cable and was giving a 800 number to call.  I called the 800 number provided and was told that my reward card was not a part of the phone number I was given and called, then she proceeded to give me an email address to contact regarding my $500 reward card.  I sent an email to the address provided and received an email back stating they would research and contact me within 3 business days.  After two business days I did receive a response from them stating that I qualified for a $200 reward card, not a $500 reward card, that a $500 reward card was not offered in this promotion!  The email went on to state:  Your account will be added to our next shipment and you should receive the card within 4 6 weeks.  What the heck?  I was told it was a $500 reward card and now they are telling me it is only a $200 reward card!  I certainly hope this isn't a runaround as well.
Entity: , Internet
Oct 25 2012
Time Warner Cable Promotional Rate Increases mid-promotion www.timewarnercable.com, Internet
Time Warner Cable has increased my promotional rates 2 times in 6 months for a total of $10 a month.  Not a huge sum of money but it's the principal.  Based off other reports they do this frequently.  I have to imagine they are taking advantage of a limited market in Maine where they are the only land based Cable company and there are few other options.  Called for explanation and they only state increased costs.  Don't understand why they can violate terms of our agreement with a set cost for a set number of months.   Never in my life have I done business with such an untrustworthy company.  Someone should start a class action lawsuit to show them it's a breach of contract and a poor way to operate a business! Not to mention they're service is sub par and they charge more than Comcast.  Poorly designed user interface, glitchy cable box that freezes and needs to be unplugged every few days, and an annoying constant lag. Go with any other company beside them and thank me later.
Entity: www.timewarnercable.com, Internet
Nov 30 2012
Time Warner Cable Duplicate Billing New York City, New York
Time Warner Cable of New York made a duplicate charge to my bank account and debited me twice for the same bill. When I notified Time Warner Cable they told me not to worry, their Finance Dept. would reverse the charge and although I engaged in a live chat with their service representative, and was in contact with 3 other representatives over the course of five business days, they insisted that my account had not been debited twice because the Finance Dept. and their system said so, even though my bank account had in fact been debited. They denied the fact that my account had indeed been debited twice and told me it was not their problem but the bank's problem. I contacted the bank and they reimbursed me for Time Warner's error and filed a claim against Time Warner Cable of New York.
Entity: New York City, New York
Dec 12 2012
Time Warner Cable Deceptive practices, horrible customer service, thieves! Internet
What I want to know is, according to Nicki, back in June of this year someone unauthorized, without my knowledge, changed my program that I had had since 2007 from Basic to Broadcast and from standard internet to Turbo? No one ever called me, no one contacted me, and no one had authorization from me to do that. I also want to know why the High Point office tells me that with broadcast  I only get 13 channels and the website and customer service and customer retention tells me I get 22 AND on your site you also show higher channels, duplicate indeed, but requiring digital, that I was refused the digital adaptors I was told I was entitled to pick up for free, and why I was basically accused of stealing by your customer service rep in the High Point, State Street office in front of a line of customers that was so full it was out the entrance door, and why your company has no regard, respect or  desire to retain a customer of over 20 years, and why your company refuses to make this right- Before I file my complaint with the FCC, the Public Utilities Commission and with my Attorney General, Roy Cooper? Janice From: CAR.Retention [mailto:CAR.Retention@twcable.com] Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 9:55 AM To: Janice  Subject: RE: Complaint! Good Morning Janice, The promotion you saw on our website is for new or single play customers. Unfortunately, you currently have broadcast and internet service so you would not qualify for this promotion. However, if you wanted to upgrade to turbo we do have a promotion that will give you a free turbo upgrade for 3 months. Please advise if you would like to try this turbo promotion upgrade. CAR.Retention From: Janice  Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2012 12:42 PM To: CAR.Retention Subject: FW: Complaint! I just saw on your site that there is a $49.99 per month package for Broadcast and Turbo internet available to me as an existing customer. I am interested in that package but I also want to make sure that the local office here in High Point, NC on State Street is aware that this is offered and that I can get it. I believe I would need the 2 digital adapters that I was originally told I could were free to me and that I can pick those up. Would someone who knows what they are doing please call me? Janice  From: Janice  Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 3:00 PM To: 'CAR.Retention' Subject: RE: Complaint! Thank you but since then I have no downgraded back to Broadcast & standard 15 mg internet to $55.55 per month...Why? Because in checking my account yesterday and after being assured that the $89.90 price I was quoted for Everything including taxes, fees, boxes and remotes WAS the price, my bill changed 3 times between yesterday and this morning and went to $97.00 a month instead. So, I have spoken with CR again and downgraded, turned in my cable boxes, remotes etc. The CR rep I spoke with told me clearly, and I have verified again with your CR department that I would have 22 channels. When I took the boxes into the local office, I was told that no, I would only be getting 13 channels on Broadcast! I have to ask you, does anyone know what they are doing and what is supposed to be? I plan to watch my bill on my account to see if it again changes 3 times as it did yesterday. Honestly, after being a customer since 1989, I now feel that TWC has no regard, respect nor desire to truly keep customers and is doing everything in their power to alienate long term customers with confusion, misinformation, aggravation and frustration.  Again, I am going to long for any alternative to TWC and when I find it, I will be delighted to cancel everything with you in hopes the entire company goes bust! Janice  From: CAR.Retention [mailto:CAR.Retention@twcable.com] Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 2:40 PM To: Janice  Subject: RE: Complaint! Hello Janice, I do sincerely apologize about the treatment you received at the Time Warner Cable store. I will definitely get in contact with the customer service representative management team concerning their behavior. I am pleased that someone was able to assist you in retention with getting the essentials package and keeping you as a loyal customer of Time Warner Cable. We do appreciate the 20 years that you have allowed us to be your cable provider. CAR.Retention From: Janice  Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:53 PM To: CAR.Retention Subject: Complaint! As you will see below, I had an online chat with an analyst on Wednesday evening to report the loss of channels that I had been receiving since I move to my address at 910 Lakecrest Ave, Apt F, High Point, NC 27265. You will see the transcript of that chat. Also, not included in the chat, the young lady told me that my previous promotional plan expired in June and that someone had changed the plan over to a different plan that caused an increase in my monthly billing from $57 per month to $64 per month. As she instructed, I went into my local office on State Street, High Point, NC today to pick up the 2 free digital adapters she said were being provided to me. The office was full of your customers and there were 2 women and 2 men behind the counter. I asked for the 2 free adapters and explained the situation but when the one lady pulled up my account she said I could not have them because I wasn't supposed to have been getting the 4 channels that were recently  upgraded to digital and hadn't been paying for them. She further went on to say that she was going to have to schedule an audit truck to come to my house to find out why I had been receiving those channels and not paying for them. Of course everyone standing in line heard this and I was mortified that she basically accused me of stealing those channels. I politely told her the story again and that if I had been getting those channels that it was something TWC did and not me. I did ask about changing plans and the black man give me a price of around $110 per month to keep my turbo RR and have digital tv. That was an increase for over $40 per month! I said that I would go home and call customer retention again and speak with them and the black woman said well, you can do that but you won't get a better price than he ( the black clerk) can give you. At that I did reply that I would call anyway and that I had recently seen an ad for Dish TV at $19.95 per month for over 200 channels and that I was going to call them to which  she made a remark that I could go home and call Dish TV if I wanted to. As I was leaving the office lobby, everyone in line was watching as the woman had not only accused me of stealing cable, and she was going to send the audit truck out, she also spoke to me as if I was lying about this transcript and anything I had been told!  Ironically, I did get someone at customer retention and did get a better deal . The young woman who helped me apologized to my for my being embarrassed that way and the accusations made publically and the statement of sending out an audit truck and the way I was treated by this woman and the behavior of the black lady clerk in the STATE STREET location in High Point.  There was a white man there as well and I can assume he may have been a manager or something but he seemed either too docile to step up and handle this or he was not knowledgeable enough to help me and simply backed away.  In speaking with the Customer Retention representative when I got home, she said that the woman had indeed scheduled and audit truck for tomorrow ( Friday) to come to my house but I believe she may have been able to avert this. I certainly hope so as the only access to cable connections  are in my neighbors attic to which I have no access at all. I am extremely angry about this incident and the insinuations of theft! I am writing to you so that you will know that although I have been a loyal TWC customer for around 20 years, that obviously TWC does not value your long term customers enough to train these clerks to treat your customers with respect and not embarrass them. I am 62 years old and on SSDI so monthly cost is extremely important to me and I would not know how to steal cable in the least! I do not appreciate having my plan changed without my knowledge back in June and I do not appreciate being given LESS than I had for MORE money per month! I can't wait for the day when TWC has much more competition in this area! From: chattranscripts@twcable.com [mailto:chattranscripts@twcable.com] Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:37 PM To: jr Subject: Time Warner Cable Chat Transcript Chat Transcript [8:19:37 PM] Nicki > Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Nicki. Please give me a moment while I access your account.[8:20:07 PM] Janice_ > I am receiving the no signal on channels, 35,39, 41 and 72. The screen looks scrambled... It was that way all day yesterday and all day today.[8:20:24 PM] Nicki > I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and will be glad to assist you with the cable issue.[8:20:33 PM] Nicki > May I know how long are you experiencing this issue?[8:20:55 PM] Janice_ > Since yesterday morning.[8:21:08 PM] Nicki > Thank you for the information.[8:21:08 PM] Nicki > Let me check this for you[8:22:37 PM] Janice_ > About a week and 1/2 ago, someone came out and went into the attic in the apartment next door. He inadvertently disconnected my service but I caught him and he reconnected it. It worked fine up until yesterday when I again heard someone in the attic of the apartment next door but I didn't see any TWC truck or service person. then[8:23:06 PM] Nicki > I see.[8:23:07 PM] Nicki > I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.[8:24:12 PM] Janice_ > When I moved here in 2007, they had to come out and run all NEW cable to my apartment because the old cable was not giving me enough signal. NOW, this is happening all over again! I am wondering if the guy connected me to the wrong cable again???[8:24:19 PM] Nicki > PLease try the below steps once.[8:24:36 PM] Nicki > Please disconnect the black coaxial cable connected directly coming from the wall to the TV for 30 seconds and reconnect. [8:24:39 PM] Nicki > Once done, please do a channel scan / re-scan through the menu settings on your TV. This should prompt the TV to pull in the updated frequency to display the channel(s) again. [8:24:41 PM] Nicki > Please let me know once done.[8:24:41 PM] Nicki > I am online with you.[8:25:29 PM] Janice_ > OK, I have 2 TV's one upstairs and one downstairs....and it's the same problem on both TVs...[8:25:44 PM] Nicki > This shall resolve the issue if the issue persist  I will schedule the service call for you the technician will come and fix the issue for you.[8:25:55 PM] Nicki > PLease do it on both the TV's [8:25:57 PM] Nicki > I am online with you.[8:25:58 PM] Janice_ > Hold on.[8:26:02 PM] Nicki > Sure.[8:28:48 PM] Janice_ > nope. same problem. Still nothing on 35, 39, 42 and 72.[8:29:28 PM] Nicki > Are you getting all the other channels?[8:29:33 PM] Janice_ > yes.[8:29:42 PM] Nicki > Okay.[8:29:44 PM] Nicki > Let me check this for you[8:29:54 PM] Janice_ > oops, its out on 41, not 42... both TVs[8:30:11 PM] Nicki > Okay.[8:31:00 PM] Janice_ > Unless you have changed those channels to premium channels I should have those. I have basic. It was this very problem before that caused me to drop all but basic![8:31:16 PM] Nicki > Yes, I am checking the same.[8:31:17 PM] Nicki > Please allow me a couple of minutes.[8:34:22 PM] Nicki > Thank you for your patience.[8:34:30 PM] Nicki > Channel 35 CMT, 39 C-SPAN, 41 truTV, 72 Lifetime Movie Network are moved.[8:34:37 PM] Nicki > We are upgrading some of the analog channels into digital format. If you have not subscribed to a digital cable box, you will not be able to receive these channels. We have send notifications to all our customers mentioning this. This upgrade was needed to allow for Time Warner Cable to stay on the cutting edge of new services available to our Digital Cable customers. [8:34:42 PM] Nicki > No need to worry, you will not miss any of your favorite channels. [8:34:48 PM] Nicki > We are providing you a Digital Adapter free of cost to access these channels. [8:34:57 PM] Nicki > You can order it through a live agent at 855-286-1736 or pick it up at front counter location at any of your nearest payment center. [8:35:04 PM] Nicki > Please note, a digital adapter is not a set-top box and does not support advanced features such as SDV, VOD, IPG, or CableCARDs. [8:36:09 PM] Janice_ > ok, the only notice I got was that I could go buy a new modem if I wanted to or keep the one I had....nothing about a digital adapter...[8:36:26 PM] Nicki > I am sorry to hear that.[8:36:26 PM] Nicki > By moving these channels to digital we are freeing up bandwidth so that our valuable customers can enjoy crystal clear, quality viewing along with the very best features that Time Warner Cable has to offer including On Demand, Start Over, Look Back, more HD and 3D channels, and even faster internet service.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Dec 17 2012
Time Warner Cable Gift Card Scam , Internet
Do not fall for the gift card scam.  On three separate occassions, I was promised $150 in gift cards for signing up with TWC.  I was even given the website and codes to enter.  On the second and third occassions I specifically asked if this applied to me since mine was new service and  the site indicated switch to TWC and was told definitely yes.  When I went to register for the gift card and had problems, I called and was told that I just had to wait until 30 days after service was established.  So....I waited. This time it took all the codes but said that I did not qualify because I was neither a student or had switched from another service.  Numerous times, I have contacted TWC and have been told that I was basically lied to, mis-informed and well, they are sorry about that.  Once the supervisor even put me on hold when I requested they check they tapes for specific agent and dates and was told the same thing - yes, we did tell you that but it doesn't apply to you. I have gone so far as to write the corporate office to no avail, not even the courtesy of a response.  This is after they messed up my order twice! Horrible, deceiving business practices.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Nov 26 2012
Time Warner Cable Billing Nightmare, horrible customer service, Middletown, New York
First, there were installation issues---the cable box did not work.  Confusion with the billing address I gave them vs. the physical address.  Now I am battling to have the automated phone payments I have made since August applied to my account, vs. another customer who used to have my phone number.  11/14/2012:  Service was cut off and I called to be told I am the one committing fraud by a customer service rep named Fred.  I then spent an hour on the phone with a supervisor named Celia as I reviewed my bank statements and the payments they debited.  She was able to reconcile the info that my payments were applied to someone else's account.  She said she would have it taken care of and it could take a few days.  I actually had a $30.59 credit according to celia, once payments were properly applied.  Service activated. Somewhere in here, I had a customer service person laugh at me when I told them the issue, another hung up on me and I did speak with Kimiki Smith-Williams in Collections who was useless and connected me to Customer service.  11/17/2012Service was cut off again...  Actually had a CS person laugh at me. Celia was on the line with another customer, but relayed that I was supposed to send Proof of the bank debits.  This was the first I heard this.  I was told that Celia would call me back. No call to my office line or my cell.  I called again 2 hours later, she had left for the day and made a notation that she called me, but there was no answer-an outright lie.  Spoke with Teresa--went through everything again and she activated the service.Copied and pasted debits from my account and faxed info to Rita Couton at a 718-726-5025.11/23/2012 No service again--Carlos, another supervisor assured me he would have the case escalated and look into who received my fax. He assured me that he would block my service from being turned off again. 11/26/2012 Direct TV connected and I called Time Warner Cable to cancel service and had to listen to  a recording that my service was disconnected due to lack of payment. I now owe over $200.00 according to the automated system. Yes.  I filed a complaint with the Public Service Commission and received an email that they recieved my complaint and I should hear from someone very soon--but of course, I never did. In all this time, several CS people, three supervisors and someone in collections, the issue is still not resolved.   I have wasted a lot of time trying to resolve a problem TWC caused.  Time I don't have during the biggest shipping months of the year for me.   I am frustrated and angry beyond belief.  This company should not be allowed to service the public!
Entity: Middletown, New York
Mar 15 2013
Time Warner Cable Reward Card Rip-off Ontario, California
Began Time Warner services October 3, 2012. Bundled TV, Internet and Phone Services for a base price of $89 per month. This Bundle Package included a $150 Target Gift Card to be received by me after 3 months of service.  This was assured to me by the Sales Representative of Time Warner who set up my services.  Because I am still not in receipt of the rewards card I contacted Customer Service and was told that I had to apply for the reward within 30 days of my service start date. THAT WAS THE 1ST I WAS TOLD OF THAT! So I called them back to question again about it. This time I was told that I had to have been current with my previous cable company!  I was for the 2 years that I had them (Charter) until I stopped their TV and Phone services on September 29, 2012 (I kept the Internet active thru October 31, 2012 so that I could forward all of my email information from Charter to Time Warner (Roadrunner.com) after I got it set up in October 2012.) Charter kept billing me for ALL 3 SERVICES for October 2012 instead of only the Internet and refused to send me a corrected bill for Internet Only for October 2012. I told them I was not paying the $144 they were billing me and that they would get paid for the Internet Services Only for October 2012 when they sent me a corrected bill.  They Refused and Never Did so They Did Not Get Paid! WHY should my argument with Charter interfere with the $150 Target Gift Card Reward that was part of theTime Warner Bundle I purchased?  That gift card was one of the Main Reasons that I Bundled with Time Warner Cable Services! WHAT A RIPOFF! Why hasn't any Class Action Suit been filed against them yet? I would gladly join in! Stephanie
Entity: Ontario, California
Apr 07 2013
time warner cable TWC rip off Diamond bar, Nationwide
I switched from another company to TWC to take advantage of their promo of $200 gift card but after I did that, all I got was a run around and no gift card.  I made numerous phone calls, which I have record of, to get the redemption code and I was assured that I would get it every time I called.  But it's already been a month and I still have yet to receive it.  After being assured that I would get the redemption code, now I am getting a run around.  I am now past the time that I am supposed to turn that number in to get the gift card.  I spent $50 to switch over and now I can't even get the gift card that I was promised.  It's a rip off.  They are ripping me off of my money.  I did some internet research and seems as though I am not the only one who is being ripped off.  This needs to be investigate by the government.  I wish a law firm takes over this matter and start a class action law suit.  If there's a lawyer out there who wants to sue this company, please contact me.  Our names are Christopher K**** and Young Ja K**** and our number is (((redacted))). CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Diamond bar, Nationwide
Jul 03 2013
Time Warner Cable AKA formerly Insight Communications Did not show up for appointment Louisville Kentucky
My wife and I are in the process of moving, and I had an appointment between 5 pm and 7 pm for the technician to install our internet service. We are not moved in yet, but made sure we were there by 5 pm. We waited until 7:15 pm and no one showed. I called and waited on hold.   Meanwhile, my wife had checked her phone and noticed she had a missed call from the technician. She was outside and didn't hear the phone ring. They left a voice mail saying to call Time Warner. My wife tried calling the technician back several times, leaving two voice mails, but got no answer, nor did he call back.   I was still on the phone, on hold, for about an hour and a half until someone answered. Yes, an hour and a half! I was then informed that because no one answered the phone, they assumed we wanted to cancel our appointment. I wouldn't have made the appointment the day before if I wanted to cancel it.   They could have called back, or called my number, which they also have as a contact number. They told me they would call dispatch and call me back. They never called me back. I called back around 9:30 pm and they were closed! When it was Insight, they had 24 hour customer service. Not anymore! This is horrible customer service, and because of it they lost a long time customer.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Sep 10 2013
Time Warner Cable Bait and Switch Louisville Kentucky
I was an insight customer with phone, internet and cable tv.  My daughter moved in with us and brought her dish tv that was under contract, so I canceled my service for tv, keeping phone and internet.  A Time Warner representative came to the door offering all services for a great price (actually two prices) one for internet and tv and one for all three internet, phone and tv.  My daughter canceled her contract, and we set an install date.  During this time, the rep called to say it would be a little bit more $20 dollars.  I agreed.  The installation was completed and in conversation with a representative over the phone I found out the service was really going to be $55 more per month than what we were originally quoted for all three services.  This is clearly bait and switch as defined by the law and companies such as this should not be allowed public access licenses and I intend to follow up this complaint with a formal complaint to the FCC.
Entity: Louisville, Kentucky
Oct 24 2013
Time Warner Cable $200 Reward card never recieved sun valley California
After submitting everything required and being told that my reward card has been mailed to me, I never recieved the card. Now they are telling me that they won't reissue the card if there has been any activity on the card.How stupid that the gift card is supposed to be pre-activated... meaning if someone stole it out of my mail (have never had any mail stolen... ever) and used it... I'm the one who gets screwed. It's been eight months now and still I have no answers.They haven't even determined if the card has been used and it's been 8 weeks since my first call.
Entity: sun valley, California
Jul 19 2013
time warner cable billing snafu that nobody at TWC can or will fix lexington Kentucky
Time Warner Cable bought out Insight. For the past 2 years I have had only basic internet and phone service, and no cable tv. As soon as TW started the billing, my bill more than doubled. I tried calling TW several times, and spent a number of hours on hold, and getting transferred around. Each time I got somebody new on the line, I had explain the problem, and each person gave a different explanation as to the cause of the problem, but nobody could fix it. Finally, I gave up calling and tried to get somebody to fix the problem using the chat feature. The billing is still a mess. Somebody from the 'retention department' was supposed to call me a few days ago, and apparently that department is the only one that can actually fix this problem. Evidently all the other people I talked to could only sell more services, or give a lot of slippery double-talk while pretending to actually fix the billing problem. This company's service is a joke. Their 'commitment' to customer service is all talk and no action. Will be cancelliing my service soon.
Entity: lexington, Kentucky
Jan 01 2014
Time Warner Cable TWC TWC, Poor Customer Service, Charlotte North Carolina
Consumer's Original Complaint :3 Days 3 appointments and 12 Reschedules I have had Time Warner Cable for 14 years at this address, for the past 2 years I have had only road runner was going to come back to Time Warner from DTV the only problem is I have had 3 days worth of appointments and the dispatch and tech departments have done everything not to get my cable up and running, the first day came out and the tech said it was too dark that is because over 2 hours late, the second day was supposed to be the first customer and they bumped me all day long until they could not reach the tech, I am sorry we will have to reschedule, now third day they said the tech called which he did not I have been up since 6am waiting I finally called when they missed another appointment, I am getting the run around all I wanted was for them to connect my cable Consumer's Desired Resolution:I have lost 3 days of work just while Time Warner Dispatch department just pushes back scheduled appointments, and does not show up.  On the 31st was told my appointment would be first thing in the morning because they could not fix the problem in the dark the day before because they were 2 hours late to the appointment, on the 31st they called me one time to tell me that they were running behind was supposed to be the first install and continued to get pushed later and later I was the one having to contact them they would not call me.  About 9pm they said they can't get ahold of the tech and they would have to reschedule 2nd day rescheduled now on the third day was supposed to be the first install again on the Jan 1st called them after they missed the appointment, they said the tech called 2 times which they did not I have been up since 6am waiting on the call this company has no care for their customers time, and absolutely no customer appreciation This was just my report to the BBB.  It does get worse over the past 3 days I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with TW.  Today was the 1st they were supposed to arrive this morning from 8-9 when I called customer support they said the Tech called and there was no answer that being an all out lie due to the fact I was waiting by the phone since 6:30 in the morning when it was 8:45 I decided to call and see what was up that is when they told me that we will have someone call you but they will be out today.  The hours rolled by still no call, called back again even talked to the supervisor still no help.  The famous quote They will call you who is they and why can't you fix this right now?  This went on all day.  Finally when TW cut off time 8pm arrived I called back the system stated my scheduled appointment was now on Fri 3rd, no one called me to let me know anything so now I have waited 3 days all of which were scheduled appointments.  No one calls to let me know they can't make it, no one calls to say hey we changed your appointment.The Kicker when I had the computer transfer me to a person this person said, NO when you called in on the 28th we had scheduled you for Fri the 3.  Tried to say they had no record of any conversation with me at any time.  As you could assume I am livid, she finally finds the 20 pages of missing notes on the account to account for the past 3 days of postpone and 2 of those days yea we know it's scheduled but we don't feel your time is valuable, we don't even have to call you attitude.NEEDLESS TO SAY IF YOU DON'T READ MY ACCOUNT I STILL HAVE NO CABLE, TWC CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE, AND I HOPE IF YOU DO GET AN APPOINTMENT YOU BETTER BE A NEW CUSTOMER.  WHY? YOU ASK!  BECAUSE THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT ALREADY HAVE OR HAD SERVICE WITH THEM!  TAKE MY WARNING GET ANOTHER CARRIER.  NO COMPANY ON THIS PLANET IS WORSE THAN THE COMPANY.  TWC.   P.S.   I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A PRODUCT REVIEW OR DO I MAKE COMMENTS LIKE THIS.  NORMALY I WOULD BLOW IT OFF, BUT THIS COMPANY IS THAT EXCEPTION          CUSTOMER BEWARE Here is a list of all their phone numbers(877)566-4892800-892-2253704-525-5097  All of the (704) Numbers are to their dispatch TWC customer service can't call them and when you call them they transfer you to TWC704-525-5099704-525-5098
Entity: Charlotte, North Carolina
Nov 18 2013
time warner cable promontional ripoffs rochester New York
On nov 7th I decided to call in and add the tv services to my internet through tw while doing this the lady told me about the note tablet offer so I thought cool asked about the restrictions she told me all I had to do was call in the day they installed my services and register that being said I waited til 14th after the tech left and called in to find out the lady lied so after an hour long convo the lady tells me I have to keep my account in good standings for two months and for thw lady lieing gives me a 40 dollar credit ok no problem 2 months of paid bills sure which leads to this morning getting a automated call telling me I owed 300 dollars after being on the phone with them foe over an hour and arguing they rook off 89 dollars in actavation fees I still owe 212 for prebilled services and was never givin the 40 dollar credit which meant I was past due since the day I orded the tv services which ultimately disqualified me from getting the note they use these visa cards and tablets as pawns to sign u up fully knowing they will never give in return so I decided to cancel and go with dish maybe theyll hold there end of the bargain and give me the ipad theyve been commercialing about.
Entity: rochester, New York