VERIZON Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: verizon

There may be more reports for "verizon"

For more results perform a general search for "verizon"

Showing 51-75 of 4,461 Found Reports For more results perform a general search for "verizon"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

May 26 2009
Verizon Verizon are MONSTER over billers Nationwide
I had a 2 line account with Verizon, 4800 minutes for $88 a month. I used my phone about 1500/1700 minutes a month. My wife used her phone about 20 minutes a month. After about 2-3 months, I started getting bills for $127 $138? The they went up.....$236.....$327.....blah, blah, blah. Every month I would call and think I got it straightened out and the next month, another monster bill. Dude, I have 4800 minutes and we use less than 2000 minutes, how are these bills happening? After about 6 more months, I sued them in small claims court. Actually, we danced 5 times and I taught them how to cha-cha. In court, I explained to the judge about my plan. number of minutes used, monster bills, calling and getting it corrected and every month it was the same so to resolve this issue, I decided to drag Verizion to small claims court and let you decide. Then I turned to the Verizion people in court and said CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? The judge laughed.....$138? Anyway, I won hands down and got out of the contract. But Verizion will over bill you and millions of others EVERY month. Sprint is no better and I will file a complaint on them too. Lenny Lake Havasu, ArizonaU.S.A.
Jun 26 2009
Verizon Land Vile Verizon Newark, New Jersey
I've been fighting with Verizon for years with no luck. The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities is about useless, and since I have ended service, the response from them and the BBB is that I am no longer a customer. Aren't they observant? As with many other customers with perpetual problems, I am in a rural area. Verizon does not service the area properly and lies. Most of the techs have been descent, and have clued me in on how awful the company is, but I have grown to distrust them too. The phone would go bad when it rained, they would send someone out for a temporary fix, and then it would happen all over again. I started asking for credits, but on the last bill they charged me 91 dollars for service. I refused service, but they claimed they performed it and that the problem is in the house. The 91 dollars is a diagnosis. Everyone knows the problems are on the lines, but they persist on lying like sociopaths. They charged me before for work not performed and credited it, but this time I got an argument. The same day of the charge, I called the police because the tech was argumentative and did not leave the property. He was told to leave by the police, and I cancelled my service shortly afterwards. These 91 dollars are not for service, they are for spite. A nationwide class action law suit needs to be started against this evil company. I am more than interested. Here is my last complaint to the BPU: 1. The phone service has been inadequate and criminal. Customers are expected to pay in full each month, no matter the quality of that service, unless you complain to the BBB and specifically request reimbursement. The customer service of Verizon has been designed to filter problems, rather than address them. 2. The company is prepared to leave certain customers without in order to create a facade of adequacy. They are not willing to invest in quality for all customers in a problem area. 3. The problems are related to moisture. The nature of repair in the area is designed to hide the problem, and substantial fixes would require regular maintenance or line replacement within a certain area. 4. It is possible to give specific dates for poor or non-existent service, and examples can be provided, but considering the above mentioned strategies for maintenance, it is adequate to say that any period of moisture is a service problem for any number of residences in the area. a) June 1 and counting, 2009 b) May 5, 8, 9, 2009 c) March 29, 2009 d) October 24, 2007 e) June 12 and 25, 2007 f) November 28-30, 2006 g) October 8, 2006 h) September 1, 27, 28, 2006 i) June 25, 2006 j) May 27 and 28, 2006 This is just a small example of effected service. It is difficult to find the time to keep up with Verizon's chicanery. It can be stated with accuracy that precipitation inevitably effects service. 5. An attitude of acceptable subpar service in rural areas is rendered by representatives of the company. The rural excuse is utterly demeaning. Having lived in other rural and wet regions of the United States, a stark contrast can be made to this pathetically provincial excuse. Thirty minutes from Wilmington, 1.25 hours, from Philadelphia, two hours from NYC and 2.5 hours from D.C. accentuates the importance of the area and does not negate or delineate in any way shape or form its rural character. It is ridiculous that such an area receives sub-par service. 6. The problem is related to the age of the lines and the corporation's unwillingness to maintain the important necessities of infrastructure. Their actions are an assault on the public trust. 7. Verizon's business practices are the result of economic bigotry. It is well know that Verizon is slow and unresponsive to areas of lower income in the inner city and countryside and is surreptitiously unwilling to provide its obligations of service, although the fees are the same whether you live in a wealthy or poor area. 8. Company policy is maintained to prevent complaints rather than address them. A 1-800 number is provided in order to filter complaints away from the BPU and only temporary fixes are made. 9. There is evidence of collusion between government entities and Verizon. a) Complaints to the FCC and the BPU are not taken seriously and are rerouted to an undecipherable maze of government bureaucracies. b) Legal complaints require a $25.00 fee that will be lost in legal oblivion. c) Verizon has been given rights in New Jersey and metropolitan Philadelphia without providing adequate service for existing operations. d) Local political units are often unresponsive and supportive of Verizon. e) The FCC refers complaints to the BPU, yet renders it powerless. 10. Alternate services are available but impractical. a) Cellular service, air phones, and satellites provide adequate service in the area. However, these services are cheaper to maintain than traditional service yet are more expensive and unaffordable for consumers. b) FIOS is a wish and concrete attainability is a mirage. Its installation has created its own issues evidenced by an entire page dedicated to problems at the consumer affairs web site. 11. Verizon's hierarchy requires an unnecessary and costly chain of command that requires a home inspection first, leading to the inevitable repair of faulty outside lines causing: a) Pressure on representatives to make faulty home diagnostics in the name of sales. b) Wasted time and resources that can be contributed to real fixes. c) An April 4th, 2009 bill showing charges for service of 100 dollars for services refused inside the home exemplifying gross incompetence, unbridled corporate avarice and arrogance. 12. It is the 21'st century. Water proofing is not magical but an every day reality, however, not a part of Verizon's maintenance. 13. Enrollment in the combined billing options for land and cell use led to convoluted and incorrectly executed billing agreements exemplifying gross incompetence. 14. Verizon has no respect for private property. I have had representatives come in the house for five years. This stopped when false charges appeared on a bill. Some representatives understand the issue and do not insist on entrance but others do. It has been consistently fixed in the past on the outdoor lines, but now the game is to insist on entrance. This is a gross violation of property rights. 15. This is a safety issue. I have missed phone calls from the police, doctors and hospitals. This is an issue where apology and reimbursement cannot be commensurate with the frustration Verizon has caused. 16. Because of no phone service since June 2, 2009, and growing corporate intransigence, I have cancelled all phone service. Closing was met with the usual arguments that Verizon customer service presents its customers, and it took me two phone calls to complete, costing me more time with this savagely unfair and morally bankrupt corporation. In conclusion, there is no excuse for the service Verizon gives and there is no acceptable apology. The only adequate outcome would be admission of guilt and a more than temporary fix. I seek financial restitution for those effected by Verizon's incompetence, waived court costs and to inform government entities of another situation where they have failed to protect the citizenry from corporate malfeasance resulting in the detriment of our infrastructure. David Salem, New JerseyU.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Verizon
Entity: Newark,, New Jersey
Sep 12 2009
Verizon Transaction Clearing Charges of 12.95 on my Verizon Bill ; Atlanta, Georgia
Transaction Clearing Charges of 12.95 (total including taxes 13.60) on my Verizon Bill (monthly telephone bill). Some company has added a $12.95 without my permission to my Verizon phone bill. This has been going on for couple of months until we realized that there is something fishy about this. When we called Verizon, they gave us the companys number 1-866-421-4816.  According to Verizon, we have to call this company and fight it out with them, and that Verizon is not responsible for the charges. They will allow companies to charge the customers, unless the customers put a auto billing block on their account. First of all, we never gave express permission to Verizon to allow other companies to charge through them. According the Superintendent of Verizon Customer Service, all customers who have signed up for Verizon internet have given permission (without the customers knowing about this). And that Verizon Online Internet is a different company and the Verizon phone customer service will not be able to help with that. When we googled 'verizon transaction clearing charges or 1 866 421 4816, we saw tons of complaints from people about the same charges appearing in their Verizon phone bill (example - http://www.ripoffreport.com/Sales-People/Verizon-ESBI-Rocket/verizon-esbi-rocket-communic-eq94b.htm). When we brought this up with the Superintendent of Verizon Customer Service, she insisted that they are not responsible and that it is a valid company, otherwise they cannot bill you.  And that we or someone else has given them permission to bill!! It is very frustrating that Verizon is allowing this to happen to so many customers, and they are of absolutely no help when we call them. We have now put a block on further charges being levied to our account from third parties. But how can this company continue to cheat people? Why is Verizon not taking any action despite that many complaints have been logged even on their own web forum. Are they that deaf or cold? There must be thousands of customers who are getting charged and are not aware of this because they do not study their bill. What about the helpless elderly people who have no energy to fight with Verizon or these unethical third party companies. On top of this, the Verizon representative was claiming proudly that they have provided auto billing block for FREE!! How generous of them!! If Verizon is a responsible company, why arent they launching an investigation on this? Why are they turning a deaf ear on this? Probably they get a cut in this? We are very suspicious since the Verizon customer service people were defending this company and their charges.Will this practice ever end? Will anyone not hold any of these companies accountable? Will customers continue to get duped until they realize they are being charged this? How do we get that money back? What will these companies come up with next to dupe the customers? Is there no end to these unethical practices?
Entity: Atlanta, Georgia
May 12 2011
VERIZON Small and Home-based Businesses, Stay Away from Verizon! Internet, Internet
Small business should stay away from VERIZON. First off, they have BAD customer service. This is not the first time but today topped it all: I called in today at 9 am and had to just hang up at 10:30 out of frustration. I got shuffled from one department to another on top of a long wait. Nobody seems to know what they are doing or care that you might have been re-directed the nth time... If their service is interrupted and as a result, your business is interrupted, you get a simple sorry and a credit that's just change ($1.00 to $3.00) but if you miss paying a bill, watch out for the late fees and exorbitant re-connection charges ($75.01). If my service was disrupted and later re-connected, should I not be compensated for the hours of lost income or at the very least, the same amount that they charge for a client re-connection...?!! Moreover,  this month on our bill, we are paying more for our internet. We  never gave them an approval to increase the fee nor the speed... To add insult to injury, their agents even remarked to me once you are in business but you don't pay your phone bill....? as if they know anything about what I do, my business or the circumstances of the non-payment. They are the least sympathetic to small business so don't go telling them about your woes. They will  not even budge to say, Ok Ms. client, we know you've fallen on some bad times but since this is your first offense, we will refund the fee this time. Instead they will tell you, Well, the disconnection notice has always been printed on your bill.  (no need to send a separate notice). Well, Isn't that what the banks used to say when they'll just charge you an overdraft fee because they paid a charge BEFORE even asking if you wanted them to pay it...? Is a lawsuit pending? We would like to know and be a part of that class action suit.
Sep 04 2011
Verizon Verizon a monopoly and they know it. Internet
Verizon knows it has a monopoly in many areas they cover from wireless to internet and are very happy to capitilize on it.  I live in an area that does not have any other provider and they take advantage of that situation whether it is cell phone covrage, internet or cable (luckily I have satellite TV).They know they can make their own rules and abuse them op their convenience and proit.  I have been trying to get a new cell carrier that will work where I live but they are the only game in town and they know it so they have higher rates and substantial penalties for closing a contract.  I also have them for internet as the only other provider is a satellite provider meant for people who live in the Mountains of Montana (no offense intended).I have had trouble with my service multiple times over 15 years and it is always the same, my family has to make provisions for them to show up whenever THEY  want and we have no say, I am OK with a 3 hour window but 8 am to 8 pm?  This is the second time they have no showed and put me over the edge.I am a previous telecommunications manager and know the business, they need to upgrade their wiring and technology and hire people who actually know what they are doing and the government needs to break them up because if you know you have no competition then you will abuse your customers and they cannot do anything about it.PS I am on hold with them for their latest missed appointment for an hour and I know they are hoping I will just hand up but no one is even making a sound on the phone. I figure they send one of their EXPERTS out and tell me it's my fault, wrong answer I already bought and returned new equipment which also didn't work.......Too Late they just hung up on me.....Go Figure
Nov 08 2012
Verizon Verizon Wireless Threatened, Scammed, and Harassed Wallingford, Connecticut
Long story short: Verizon scammed me out of a month's bill (about $90), then threatened me when I said I didn't think I should have to pay it, and then harassed me when I reported their misbehavior to the FCC.  I had cell phone service with Verizon for a little over 2 years. The actual phone service was great, but the customer service is among the worst I've ever experienced. My contract expired right around the same time that they stopped offering unlimited data plans. My phone also broke, so I needed a new one and was ready to renew my contract for a discounted phone, but decided to switch to a carrier with unlimited data. So, I called Verizon to find out how to disconnect my service and keep my number with a new carrier. I clearly told the service rep that I was planning on disconnecting service and asked for advice. At no time did he tell me that Verizon's policy is to charge for the full monthly bill even when service is disconnected mid-month. If he had told me this, I would have waited until the end of my billing cycle to disconnect. Instead, he spent over 30 minutes trying to convince me to stay with Verizon and saying the idiotic elimination of the unlimited data plan was not a negative change.  I switched to Sprint, paid what I thought was my last Verizon bill, and was done...until I got a series of threatening letters from Verizon and then called to find out what was going on. The customer service rep I spoke with was incredibly rude. She outright threatened to destroy my credit if I did not pay for an extra month of Verizon service that I never used. So, I paid under duress and asked her to make a note in my account that I did not agree with the forced payment. It is absolutely criminal that Verizon is allowed to use threats to force payments for services that were never provided. I reported this action to the FCC. A few weeks after submitting an FCC report, I got several phone calls during the day while I was at work. I also got emails from an Executive Relations rep named Sylvia Thomas. I'm sure she's a decent person, but she was harassing me on behalf of Verizon. I wrote her back telling her that I would be satisfied with a heartfelt apology for threatening me and a refund for the amount I paid above and beyond the service that was actually provided. It's upsetting that it takes reporting a company's misbehavior to the FCC for any action to happen...and then that action is simply more customer abuse. Instead of any type of apology, I got 2 letters in the mail saying that the case had been closed and they deemed themselves to not owe me anything. Long story short: Verizon scammed me out of a month's bill (about $90), then threatened me when I said I didn't think I should have to pay it, and then harassed me when I reported their misbehavior to the FCC. I will never sign up for Verizon service again, no matter how good their actual phone service is. It's not worth dealing with this evil criminal company!!
Entity: Wallingford, Connecticut
Mar 08 2013
Verizon Verizon High Speed Innternet Poor customer service Internet
 I called Verizon tech support over a week ago. The issue is that every evening my connection speed drops to less tha 1 MBPS. I'm paying for 3 MBPS. During the day, the speed is fine. This has been occurring for several months. The initial technician used software to take control of my computer. He verified the speed to be less than 1 MBPS. We verified through my router that there were no unauthorized connections that would cause my speed to drop. He tried to transfer me to network services but could not get a connection through to them. I was told that someone would contact me back in no more than 24 hours. I never received any call.  Tonight I called again and explained what had occurred. The operator transferred me to another number. I have been on hold for over an hour now and no one has answered to say how much longer I might have to wait or what place I am currently at in line.  To sum it up, Verizon's customer support sucks. They have not hesitated to raise my bills whenever they see fit, but I cannot get any support when I have a problem.  I have had AT&T and Time Warner at different times and they all sucked. I don't know what the heck a consumer has to do to get what they've been promised and are paying for out of these communication giants. They obviously just don't care about their customers.
Nov 10 2008
Verizon unknown ESBI charges by Verizon without my permission Dallas Texas
I move to my condo two months ago. I was need to find telephone company. I found Cavalier telephone company that promise to give me local and long distance service for $34.95 monthly payment, When I got first bill I have to pay $56.oo. I close this service and open Verizon service. When I got first bill I paid extra $16 because I don't understand. Today I got second bill and I see the same $16 charges but now I found explanation. The call about this charges was done by ESBI cleaning agent. Of course, I don't know who is it and I never had bisuness with ESBI. My opinion, Verizon has special interest. I can't fine other expanation why telephone company charge money without my permission for unknown company and why this company don't sent to me bill directly. Sincerely, Leo Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Dallas, Texas
Mar 13 2009
Verizon BEWARE - VERIZON BUNDLE DEAL NOT WHAT PROMISED Annapolis Maryland
February, 2009 ordered Verizon Bundle (phone, internet and tv). I was going to save $40.00 a month with this deal. There were problems with the information being transferred to Verizon from an outside company. I thought I had given them the info since I called to number on their flyer. However, I found out that the numbers listed on the flyers are outside companys. I was told upon calling Verizon that the info usually doesn't get to them from these companies. OK, Thats cleared up. After installing the internet I had to call again because they put 3 additional services on my plan that I didn't order(Starz, Games and Security). That would have been around $40.00 a month. Now comes my first bill - over $200.00 for a part of a month and a month in advance. My plan was suppose to be $69.99 for the first three months and $79.99 for the remaining 12 month commitment. Now I find out that there is a rebate for the direct tv and it won't be in the billing system for up to 6 weeks. so I have to pay full price for the first month. Verizon tells me I won't get any discounts for the first month because all my services were not activated at the same time. Now I am thinking of cancelling this service but hold on - that's not so easy. I was informed that I have a commitment with direct tv for 18 months and if I cancel I will have to pay them $350. My commitment with internet and phone is 12 months. So therefore they will never conincide at the same time for renewal. I was led to believe I had 30 days to cancel the package with no additional charges. Oh no, that was internet only. These are just a few probems with my order. Now I am stuck with this!!!!!! What a scam!!!!!!!!!!!! Anonymous Kintnersville, PennsylvaniaU.S.A.
Entity: Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Oct 07 2010
verizon wireless verizon wireless corprate gangesters, Internet
I purchased verizon wireless service of june 12th 2009, and ever since I have gotten their service I have had nothing but horrible experiences. They charge way too much for their services, and their costumer service is poor. Their costumer service representatives are located in India and the Philippenes for their billing department, in the year or more I have had their service I have had 22 issues with their billing department. They have disconnected my lines after 12 days of the bill cycle, which they knew my pay cycle of the 30th of each month, but I get payed the 15th of each month, I have had my line disconnected 8 times. Every time I have called and explained my pay cycle they told me they could not accomudate me with the bill cycle. And each time I reconnected they charged me 15 dollars each line totaling 30 dollars and could not do anything for me. The very last time my phone was disconnected for one day I payed them on the 4th $278.00, the billing representative from their call center in the phillipines, did not tell me their were data charges for one day of disconnection, of $348.32, when I called back for my next bill in August, I asked them to explain the charges to me, and they said that their was explanation on my bill. And that the billing service representative should have told me on the 4th of july when I made my payment. Verizon wireless are cell phone gangesters! because so many people have them they have 40 million costumers, more than any cell phone company, they can get away with murder. The costumer in their company does not matter! My advice for any one thinking of purchasing their services, are better off going to sprint pcs, I had them for five years before I switched, basically because I wanted a new phone for good price and they were selling me on it, I will never do business with verizon wireless ever again and any friends of mine I would recommend them to never use thier service and go with someone like sxxxx (((REDACTED))) , which gives the same call, internet, and mobile quality that they do or Txxx (((REDACTED))) service which I have now. There is a reason, they have 5 jd power and associates awards, but take it from me if your a loyal costumer to a company and you plan on staying with them for a awhile I would not do it with verizon wireless at all. I promise you you will be dissastified at the end of two years. Thank you for reading this, wish you good luck! sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Oct 10 2012
Verizon Wireless Take the Verizon Wireless ripoff challenge, Internet
Our company purchased two Verizon Wireless laptops from Verizon.com. We spent about three days trying to get them to work. There was a problem with the wireless connection and they would not connect to the internet. We took the laptops to our local Verizon store, twice, and the technicians were unable to get them to work properly either. Next we called Verizon and spent hours on the phone with Verizon. Nothing worked and both laptops were sent back for a refund. A refund was issued. Next we started receiving airtime bills for laptop airtime, which I remind you did not work. We called them and they insisted we were liable and had to pay over $300 in airtime. Finally after three or four supervisors and five or six phone calls, they gave us a 137.57 credit. Today we received a bill for 169.87.  We are sad to report that we have surrendered and will pay the bill. It is less expensive, more cost effective and much more productive to just pay the bill. Shame on us though, we left Verizon about five years and just did not learn our lesson. If you want to throw money away on really bad products and service we highly recommend Verizon. Did they originate from a third world country and infiltrate us? Stock holder beware.
Oct 08 2012
Verizon Wireless verizon ulimited/Grandfather Plan Internet, Virginia
I have been a Verizon wireless customer for the past 4 years , I currently have 5 phones on the plan,I recently upgraded both my son and Daughter Phone to smart Phone , there are 3 phones on the ulimited plan, which uses data, The phone that i have is the din2 of which i have have 5 phones due to charging issues, and the phone consistently over heating,now there telling me that they can only send me the same phone in which i have no faith in or some of there outdated phones, Am due for and upgrade in December, I was offered in june of this year to upgrade but choose to wait until dec, At no time was i told that i would not be able to upgrade ,unless i buy a phone full price in order to keep the unlimited data plane , As a matter of fact i was told that the three plan with the unlimited data would remain the same,these are there own words   EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That have our $29.99 unlimited data plan WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN, they will keep their unlimited plan after 7/7/11EXISTING CUSTOMERSUnlimited plans will still be available up to July 7, and those unlimited plans will continue even when you upgrade your phone in the future.- That current have the unlimited data WILL BE ABLE TO UPGRADE AND KEEP the unlimited data fThese new tiered pricing plans are for new lines of service only. Existing customers with an unlimited data can keep the plan even when they upgrade or renew. All you have to do is sign up for an unlimited plan before July 7th to be grandfathered in.In a letter to its indirect retailers, Verizon pleads with its sales reps to PLEASE, PLEASE make sure we take advantage of this heads up and get our heavy data users set up on these unlimited plans before they change.eature (No known end date on this as of this moment) now im' stuck there are alot of coustomers who were grand fathed in and verizon needs to honor what they say. Everyone under this plan need to ber heard and file a class suit againist them
Entity: Internet, Virginia
Feb 16 2013
Verizon Fios Deceptive sales practices from Verizon Internet
We recently changed our Internet, phone and tv service to Fios based on a presentation by a salesman who made many promises that did not pan out. These included a $10 credit as Verizon wireless customers and a lower monthly payment. After installation we were told we did not qualify for the $10 credit and our monthly payments turned out to be $22 more per month than we were paying ComcastNumerous phone calls to Verizon brought us no satisfaction. Each person we spoke to gave us a diff end answer and provided only more frustration. Finally we cancelled and are going back to Comcast.It seems that many employees of Verizon have no idea what they are talking about and will just lie and tell you what you want to hear to gat you to sign.I'm usually skeptical when it comes to sales pitches so I asked a lot of questions before we signed. You just have no way of knowing if they are just lying.
May 22 2013
Verizon Verizon phone insurance deceptive sales practices Franklin Tennessee
Verizon never informed me that the insurance had a deductible.  In fact, they sold the insurance rather clearly that it did not I use it all the time, phone breaks, they send a new one the next day.  Statements like that we made by the sales person at the time of sale and by the reps at the call center (I called in later to get it on a second phone because of the way they sold it). In addition, they never mention that the insurance is provided by Asurion.  A company I am very familiar with and would never to do business with. I have fixed three seperate iPhones and dozens of computers and would never want (or need) to pay for this type of insurance knowing there is a $170 deductible.  For $10 a month I figure, what the heck, it'll save me a couple hours.  In addition, they way they sold the insurance as all inclusive made it appealing.
Entity: Brentwood, Tennessee
Jun 24 2013
Entity: Internet
Mar 23 2013
Verizon Fios STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON Internet
We have had Verizon Fios, internet and digital phone for over a year. We can honestly say that we have never experienced such terrible customer services. They find every way to squeeze a few extra shekels from us. Their tv guide and dvr access are cluttered with their ads for up sells. Their customer service times are long and reps are untrained and rude. Their website is slow, frequently down, and focuses more on upselling vs. service. They make frequent mistakes, and it is always us who pays the price. All in all, I think some of what they are doing is plain illegal. But who is to fight a goliath like Verizon. STAY AWAY.
Nov 05 2013
Verizon wireless Verizon rebate Los Angeles California
verizon was advertising a samsung s4 phone for 600.00 $$ when I went to the verizon store they informed me that the phone is 650$$ with a 50 $$ rebate and 2 year contract. I bought the phone and filled the paper work for the rebate. After 2 months of not getting the rebate I checked an email that was sent to me from verizon and followed a link. I was informed that the rebate could not be procssed. There was 4 reason next to this information. i called verizon and after 30 minutes of listening to computers and different operators I was informed that all the paper work that was submitted was correct and they need a third party verification. I asked what that means and they told me that they have 3rd parties that sell phones and contracts for verizon and they need to verify the purchase. what a bunch of lies. I purchased the phone directly from verizon store in L.A close to the ocean and also they ask for proof of purchase that was sent to them. The lady that was helping me was very nice and well trained. She told me that everything that I have sent was correct and I will get the rebate in form of a Visa card . I can not believe these guys they do everything not to pay people. Why don't they just mail a check that you can deposit in your account. I guess they think that you might lose the card or not use the total amount.
Entity: Los Angeles, California
Apr 09 2014
Verizon DirecTV Verizon/DirecTV Bundles Are Scams Texas
We moved into a new house and I signed up through Verizon's website for their Double Play promo: Verizon phone service and DirecTV service. It says right on the order sheet, month's 1-12 pricing = $86.99. So my DirecTV is installed almost immediately (funny how that works since you only have 3 days to cancel their service) and a few days later the Verizon phone service. The phone service doesn't work. Something about a problem moving the phone number over from my previous provider. Two weeks later I get a text from DirecTV saying my services are no longer bundled with my phone provider and I get a bill from them for $157. This is for 2 months service. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon and DirecTV on dozens of phone calls. Finally, FINALLY, a month later Verizon fixes my phone. But now DirecTV has put my account into collections, after 1 month of service!!! I call DirecTV and they are less than helpful and couldn't care less and basically says F you, pay me. I call Verizon back, spend hours and hours, get hung up on 3 times, transferred over and over from department to department. Eventually a billing rep recommends that I pay my bill to DirecTV and informs me that my bill for Verizon will be $59.99 plus taxes/fees per month for the first 3 months. Then the bundle should go back through. So I am paying about $150 per month instead of the $86.99 which I have proof that I agreed to on Verizon's site. This seems illegal and, at the very least, unethical. All of this is Verizon's fault, yet I am paying the price for it. I am a single Dad raising 3 kids and only signed up for the bundle since it was within my budget. But since I am now in a 2 year agreement (READ CONTRACT) with DirecTV, I will have to cancel my phone service which the number is tied to my business and has been for 8 years.   In short, DO NOT EVER BUNDLE VERIZON AND DIRECTV!!!! You will have made a huge mistake. You will be scammed. You will be told that there is some problem with the package going through and you won;t be getting the price you agreed to and you are now in a contract with another company.   I wonder how the CEOs of these two corporations sleep at night knowing they make their millions of dollars by ripping off hard working Americans.
Entity: Texas
Sep 17 2013
Verizon Fios DO NOT USE VERIZON!!! internet nationwide
I regret to have to write that I will never deal with Verizon again! They are billing me for a service I am not receiving. I cancelled their services because there were major problems from the very first day. I only had service for 11 days, 9 of which I actually received service, and I am being billed $223.23.  They will not credit me back and this will ruin my credit. They know this so they strongarm us into paying their ridiculous fees when you cancel service. I was told that I would not be charged for services if I cancelled within 30 days. Yeah, right. If there are any law suits already underway I want in. I have never been so angry at a company before and I have never sued anyone. But this company's practices are shady and horrible. They must be stopped!
Entity: Internet
Mar 21 2014
Verizon Wireless Deceived by Verizon Wireless Moorpark California
  Deceived by Verizon Wireless On March 8, 2014, my husband and I went to a training session at Verizon Wireless in Moorpark, California to learn how to use our new phones. At the end of the session, the instructor told us that anything on the table was half off and that it was being sold at 50% off because it would create income for their training program. I was more than happy to help out when I saw a Gopro Hero 3 silver camera ($299.00 regular price) to buy for my son. All my questions led to yes, it’s 50%.  For that price I did not hesitate to purchase the item. This is what happened when we paid. They gave me my credit card receipt showing the full amount of the camera, but my credit card was charged half of the camera amount.  I couldn’t make sense of the receipt, but I was charged half of the amount $172.49 ($149 plus $23.49 tax on the entire $299 charge). Next, I get my Verizon Wireless bill with a $50 charge for equipment purchase and another $100 charge for equipment purchase. I took the bill to the Verizon Wireless store and they told me that those were the charges for the balance of the Gopro Hero 3 silver camera since it wasn’t part of the half off items on the table (I think they broke up the $150 so that it became difficult to figure out what was purchased). I returned the Gopro Hero 3 silver camera and got all my money back. Here is where I got lucky. I received my Verizon Wireless bill, a week after my purchase, which allowed me to see the $150 extra charge on my bill. I only had 14 days to return the Gopro Hero 3 silver camera, which made it just in time to get the refund. If I had gotten my bill after 14 days of the Gopro Hero 3 silver camera purchase, I would have owned the camera for the full price. There were about 10 people at the event and most of them were willing to make a purchase, I would like to know how many of them got scammed.
Entity: Moorpark, California
Oct 21 2014
VERIZON Residential Internet Service VERIZON LIES CONSISTENTLY !!! Nationwide
This is par for the course !, once again Verizon has lied I am searching for an internet only service, after I have cut every cord but this from Verizon. They (customer service representative) quoted me one price in May 2014 of $48.00 a month for internet only, without TV which they said they would remove because I was not receiving the reception they said I would and  after charging me for 3 months for equipment I no longer had !!!   FED UP, FED UP, FED UP,   I TRY VERY HARD NOT TO RESORT TO VULGARITIES, BUT THIS IS AN INSTANCE WHERE I PRAY TO BE FORGIVEN FOR WHAT I'AM ABOUT TO DO !!!! OR SAY THIS IS THE MOST  ()*&#*&_$ UP COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF DOING BUSINESS WITH AND I HOPE THEY ARE ROOTED OUT SOON !!! PASSED UP BY ANOTHER AND LOSE THEIR SHIRT .....
Nov 15 2014
Verizon Fios Verizon Fios Gift card ripoff Nationwide
 I signed up for Verizon Fios at the beginning of August of this year.  There was a promo for the triple play which included a free tablet with data plan purchase, and a free $400 gift card.  I had heard previously about verizon giving excuses for not handing out the cards, so I took picures of the ad, and saved the ad as well.  I then decided to give it a shot. I reiterated the deal when I ordered.  Its now mid november, and no gift card.  Today I called Verizon, and lo and behold, I don't qualify for the gift card.  They won't say that the offer wasn't available, only that I don't qualify.  They won't tell me why I don't qualify either (because I do, I was very thorough in my research before I switched to fios).  I am very pissed off and will be notifying every media outlet that I can that Verizon is still pulling this scam.
73, Report #1190762
Nov 22 2014
Verizon Wireless Verizon Rebate Offer Scam Nationwide
When the new iPhone 6 was announced as available at the local Verizon store I visited the store. This was an actual Verizon store, not even a certified reseller. I was enticed to upgrade my 4S with a promise of a $200 gift card which I would receive when the packaging material was sent to me for its shipping to Verizon. I had my 4S phone with me at the time so it could be completely examined in person. It was obvious that it was in excellent condition.I didn't question the rebate further as it was from Verizon, and you always trust Verizon, right? In fact this rebate was advertised by Verizon, which enticed me to go to the store in the first place to trade in my phone. The Verizon saleperson (who works for Verizon) assured me that the packaging material for the return would arrive with the new iPhone 6 which was on back order.I received the new phone within a week and my credit card was charged for the full price. No packaging material was included. I called Verizon and was assured that it would be sent right out. It didn't arrive. After a couple of weeks I called again. After many apologies and typlical customer service doublespeak I was again assured that the packaging material would be sent immediately.The packing material did not arrive. Once again I called Verizon. This time I got a recording saying how backed up they were because of heavy demand, but not to worry. It will arrive soon, and I would have until Dec. 1 to send in my phone for the rebate. By Nov. 21 the packaging material hadn't arrived. I spoke to customer service and was at first told that the rebate program was over and I was too late. After much debate I was given a service ID number which would be turned into the rebate center. I got a confiming email with the rebate amount due - $18!!!So, another frustrating call was made to Verizon explaining the entire situation followed by more customer service doublespeak and how sorry they were for the problem. Supposedly I got it resolved with the latest CS person who changed the rebate amount to $100.OK. I'll eat the difference. However there are 2 problems. 1) The rebate certificate states that my phone is a 16GB iPhone. It is not. It is an 8GB phone. I explained this several times. Veriizon now has an out. 2) There are numerous posts to their website discussion board discussing customer dissatisfaction with getting anything in the way of a rebate based on this very same rebate prgram. Often it is because the technical lab determined that the screen was cracked or it didn't start, even though, if the customer is to be believed, it was sent in perfect condition. And with all of the complaints written, I tend to believe the customer.So it appears I was lied to by the Verizon representative who sold me the phone, the Verizon CS people I subsequently spoke to and ultimately the company that advertised something they could not deliver and then set up a network of lies and deceit to make the customer shut up.
Feb 21 2015
Verizon Verizon Small Business Deceptive Business and Advertising practises Victorville California
I am a 76 year old former Marine who has served his country 18+ years as a marine.I opened a Janitorial Supply Business in 2014. I was contacted by Verizon to use its services in onmy business phone set up and Advertising. I was told my name, number and address would be included in the local telephone directory. This is the life blood of a new janitorial servie. 3 months later when the local directory came out my name was not included. I contacted Verizon and the agent said she was sorry but the last agent I dealt with forgot to put a ticket in for it to be included. I imediately asked that they cancel my account and refund the money I spent. Instead they refused and sent my account to collections.I want my name removed from collections and to be refunded the money I spent. I also want them to treat older peoplewith respect and class as well as remember we veterans defended this country so please remember that whentalking to one. Sincerely,James W
Entity: Victorville, California
Jul 22 2014
Verizon Wireless Why I Left Verizon Wireless Abington Pennsylvania
Why I Switched to T-Mobile after 18 Years (1996-2014) as a Verizon Wireless CustomerJune 27, 2014Short Answer============My horrible experience with Verizon Wireless revealed a callous indifference to customer interests and concerns in a single-minded pursuit of revenue.A timeline of my experience is as follows.Thu 3/27/14===========I visited a Verizon Wireless store to upgrade my phone, but I went totally unprepared to engage with a slick salesperson. It did not occur to me that I needed to guard against getting hoodwinked, because upgrading my phone had always been a routine process. Also, since I had been getting a single bill for my landline and mobile services, I was not aware that Verizon and Verizon Wireless were now separate entities. Therefore I was not aware that a change regarding my home phone would completely severe my relationship with Verizon and upend the quality of service I was getting from them.I brought my latest bill with me to expedite the process of exchanging pertinent information. The salesperson looked at the bill and exclaimed that I could save money. I ended up being sold a 4-line More Everything plan that included (1) the phone, (2) a mobile hotspot (which I liked), (3) a cellular modem for my computer, and (4) a device called the Home Phone Connect (HPC) for my landline.I was dubious about replacing my unlimited data with this new plan’s 1 gigabyte of data. But I was assured that 1 gigabyte could fit my needs. Since I thought that Verizon and Verizon Wireless were the same company, I thought that the cellular modem and HPC were just replacement devices for my Verizon service. I did not know that I would be terminating my Verizon service and signing up for devices that involved Early Termination Fees (ETF).When I was asked to sign my name on the salesperson’s iPad and was told that the paperwork would be emailed to me, I thought I was merely signing my credit card receipt. If I had known that I was signing a contract for the cellular modem and HPC that involved ETF’s, I would have backed out. It was not explained to me what I was signing, and I was not offered a chance to read it. (In contrast the T-Mobile salespersons made sure that I read everything before signing.)Fri 3/28/14===========After reading the morning paper with my iPad Wall Street Journal app, I was shocked to see an email alerting me that I had exceeded my data allowance. The email advised me to increase my data plan to avoid an overage charge. I increased the plan to 2 gigabytes. My promised savings had thereby shrunk!Sat 3/29/14===========I took the cellular modem and HPC to the Verizon store to return them and revert back to Verizon’s cooper line and unlimited data. After the salesperson spoke with the store manager, I was told that they concluded that the email alert must have been in error, because I could not have used all my data. I was told that 2 gigabytes was more than enough for normal computing, and besides I could bring in a bill and have glitches corrected. Not believing that I would be willfully misled, I fell for that explanation.Wed 4/2/14==========I received another shocking email alert about exceeding my data allowance and that I should increase my data plan to avoid overage charges. Examination of my data usage indicated that the iPad Wall Street Journal app was using a quarter gigabyte per day. Still relying on the veracity of the Verizon Wireless salespersons, I concluded that this could not be correct. I figured that perhaps a calculation involving prorated data usage was amiss. I decided to wait until the start of my full monthly cycle on 4/7 to examine the readings on my data usage.Besides the data usage headache, it had become clear that the HPC had three significant shortcomings. They were (1) inferior sound quality, (2) inability to fax, and (3) the Caller ID displayed the number only – no name.The third shortcoming was extremely maddening, because even though my number is on the Do Not Call list I still get numerous junk phone calls. I routinely ignore calls that show “Unavailable” or something similar. Screening calls became surprising difficult with the HPC. I was avoiding legitimate calls whose number I did not immediately recognize. And I was picking up (and immediately hanging up) on junk calls with a local area code.Tue 4/8/14==========On this new monthly cycle, I checked my data usage and saw that my iPad Wall Street Journal app was indeed using a quarter gigabyte per day for one and a half gigabytes per week. My other computer usage was a quarter gigabyte per week. It became clear that I had been misled, and that a limited data plan – though OK for a mobile phone – was totally inappropriate for combined phone and home computing usage.Wed 4/9/14==========I called Verizon to get back my superior landline service with unlimited data.Tue 4/15/14===========A Verizon technician got me back onto Verizon. I felt relieved! It was like welcoming back an old friend whom I had unwisely underappreciated. I no longer had to guess whether or not a call was a junk phone call. I no longer had to curtail my everyday computer and iPad activities out of concern over data limits.I could tell from phone conversations that the technician had with his coworkers that they considered the Verizon Wireless HPC to be crap.I called Verizon Wireless to get the cheapest plan possible. The plan included a quarter gigabyte of data, but the representative gave me a bonus allotment of an extra gigabyte. So at this point I felt that I was in a good situation. I had landline and mobile service appropriate for me at a cost much less than my cost before the start of this bad experience.Thu 4/17/14===========I noticed on my Verizon Wireless bill that the salesperson had added extended warranties for the phone and mobile hotspot to my plan without my knowledge. I called Verizon Wireless to get them dropped.Also that day, I opted out of having Verizon Wireless retain my checking account and bank routing numbers.Mon 5/12/14===========I saw on my bill that Verizon Wireless had charged me an Early Termination Fee for reverting back to Verizon. This was truly an insult upon injury! After being hoodwinked into a frustratingly inadequate home phone service plan and then misled when I came to return it two days later, they were penalizing me for reverting back to a service that made sense for me. Essentially, Verizon Wireless sets up a Berlin Wall to discourage people from escaping, rather than offering something that would encourage people to stay.Tue 5/13/14===========I returned to the Verizon Wireless store to demand that they drop the ETF. But first I had to get pass someone who fed me the line that they could save me money on TV service, which was the same line with which I had already been duped. (Be prepared to be hustled at a Verizon Wireless store, especially if they feed you this line.)I explained the following to the person who waited on me. (1) It was not made clear to me that I was signing a contract for the HPC; I thought I was signing a credit card receipt. (2) I was misled about the adequacy of a 2 gigabyte data plan, when I came to return the HPC and cellular modem. (3) The HPC has inferior sound quality. (4) The HPC lacks a fax capability. (5) The HPC lacks a genuine Caller ID capability.After the person spoke with the manager, I was told that the manager was on a conference call and that I would receive a call around 4:00pm.I rehashed my experiences to the manager later that day. The manager essentially told me that I should have known that I was signing a contract. I was told that the ETF would not be dropped, but the restocking fee would be waived if I returned the HPC device. I stated that I intended to terminate all services. The manager’s response was “No problem.”Fri 5/16/14===========I called Verizon Wireless to terminate my remaining three services. I rehashed my experiences to the service representative’s obligatory “why” question. The representative informed me that services will automatically get dropped when I transfer to another carrier.Later that day I received an automated call from Verizon Wireless Customer Survey. I gave a zero to the likelihood that I would recommend Verizon Wireless, and then summarized my experiences for the obligatory “why” question. I received no further feedback. Apparently Verizon Wireless has no process for attending to an aggrieved customer who for 18 years paid each bill shortly after it arrived.Thu 5/22/14===========I visited a T-Mobile store – this time with my guard up – to inquire about their “We Pay Your ETF’s” promotion. I was pleasantly surprised to find a totally different corporate culture. The salespersons related to me as a human being rather than as a potential dupe.I transferred my phone and mobile hotspot services to T-Mobile; so they will pay those two ETF’s. Perhaps having some awareness of the anti-customer culture at Verizon Wireless, the salesperson said that now I no longer had to deal with them. Unfortunately I still had to have one more interaction with Verizon Wireless, because I had to terminate the cellular modem service.Fri 5/30/14===========I called Verizon Wireless to terminate my remaining service. To my surprise, upon answering the obligatory “why” question, the service representative expressed some empathy. The representative (1) apologized for my bad experiences, (2) noted that I had been a good customer since 1996, and (3) asked if there was something that could be done to keep me with Verizon Wireless. However it was too late; I had already switched to T-Mobile.Ironically if I had spoken with this representative earlier, I would probably still be with Verizon Wireless. I really liked the cellular modem. More than just a portable broadband wireless connection, it also provided a portable broadband Ethernet connection. So if needed, I could have had a broadband connection wherever I was whether or not a particular computer had a wireless antenna. Before switching I would have been willing to negotiate over the possibility of adding more bonus data to my monthly allotment.In closing, here are some reasons why a Verizon Wireless customer should consider switching to T-Mobile.1.T-Mobile will pay your ETF’s.2.In contrast to corporate culture at Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile’s is customer friendly. (Admittedly, a high confidence conclusion cannot be drawn from my small dataset. I could have unluckily chosen an anomalously anti-customer Verizon Wireless store.)3.T-Mobile will pay your ETF’s.4.T-Mobile’s hotspot device is nice. It can be tethered to deliver wireless broadband to a computer that lacks a wireless antenna. Or while tethered it can act as an external storage device. Also it has a large capacity battery, so it can charge or power other devices.5.Call forwarding with T-Mobile is extremely flexible. With Verizon Wireless, when I was home and wanted to receive calls to my mobile phone on my landline with my mobile phone turned off, I had to unconditionally forward my calls. Then I had to remember to turn off call forwarding, when I left the house. In contrast T-Mobile has four call forwarding modes: (a) unconditional, (b) busy, (c) don’t answer, and (d) unavailable (phone turned off). So in just one simple operation I was able to set modes 2 – 4 on my T-Mobile phone to forward calls to my landline. Now I no longer have to play the game of turning call forwarding on and off. Calls to my mobile phone automatically go to my mobile phone when it is on and to my landline when it is off.6.You can make calls over Wi-Fi with T-Mobile. So if Wi-Fi is available, you have coverage.7.And lastly, T-Mobile will pay your ETF’s.
Entity: Abington, Pennsylvania