WELLS FARGO BANK Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: wells fargo bank

There may be more reports for "wells fargo bank"

For more results perform a general search for "wells fargo bank"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Dec 11 2003
WELLS FARGO BANK ripoff West Des Moines Iowa
I am a traveling nurse and returned home to Idaho at the end of July. I made a change of address along with notifying my creditors of the address change because of previous problems I had encountered with getting statements on time. I am almost 100% sure that I had sent a change of address on my statement to Wells Fargo. Also my mail was to be forwarded to my home address. When I got back to Boise I started working again back with my previous employer. I was keeping very busy keeping up with everything. I did not recieve any statements from Wells Fargo Bank, which I had been recieved previously from a California Branch. And I didn't realize that I was not recieving any until either late October or early November. Actually it had crossed my mind a few times, but I'd forget. Then I finally recieved a forwarded letter from the address in California. This was the first time I had recieved anything. I called immediatly and was told they did not have the new address. If I actually did not send in a change of address the statements would have been forwarded. And this went on for some time. The rest of my mail had been forwarded, so why would this not? What has happened to me is, I have not only been charged late charges, but also overlimit fees, $35.00 each, for more than one month, plus they have destroyed what my credit rating, causing other credit companies to raise interest rates. I had two accounts with them. They closed the accounts (praise the Lord). I made phone payments, as much as I could, and have just sent in the rest of the due payment. They are calling and harrasing me, being very rude before the payment was even due. I can not believe they sent any statements or they would have at least have been forwarded. Especially when there would be two statements sent each month. Believe me they will be paid off ASAP. And I will disacourage anyone from ever doing any business with them as long as I live. I was told they had some problems in California in regards to computer tampering or theft which affected many people and it ended up hurting their credit ratings. Is this true? I wondered if they keep the portion of the statement which is sent back with the payment, because I am sure I sent the change of address to them on those statements. As you can imagine my credit is really screwed and you know what other companies will do to me. I am workiing really hard to get rid of my debt and am the only support of my family. I have two daughters in college at this time, which I'm paying 100% of the cost. There are only so many hours in the week. Another thing Wells Fargo does is if you pay an extra amount, in the next statement they will tell you that you don't have to make a payment that month. But if you are near the limit of your account, the next month they charge that over limit fee. Also, when I was in California in Sonora I opened a checking account with them because the bank I use in Idaho does not have any banks in California. I ddeposited my pay check into the account, then found out that they out a hold on my check for five or six days. It took calls from the Bank of America and the nurse travel agency I was with after four days until I could acess my account. I just want to be free from these people and never deal with them as long as I live. And it makes me very happy they are not allowed to finance any home mortgages in California. I don't know if there is anything I can do except get them out of my life forever. At this time they are calling my home threatning to send this to a collection agency and garnish my wages. And the payment is not even due yet!!! Susan Boise, IdahoU.S.A.
Entity: West Des Moines, Iowa
52, Report #71993
Nov 15 2003
Wells Fargo Bank 4 Trustee Deed Foreclosures on my Properties Las Vegas Nevada
Wells Fargo Bank Aka Wells Fargo Home Mortgage aka AMERICAN SECURITIES COMPANY aka AMERICAN SECURITIES COMPANY OF NEVADA Consumers are being swindled ever day and have been for years. Stolen from by our BANKS. The government is unable to keep up with the every growing exploitation of our Monetary Policy and Banking Regulations. With the limited power of our current fiduciary regulatory entities, we, the consumers are losing the battle. A change is imminent if the country is to survive the compounded damage of ten of years of predatory lending and cross collateralization of our assets. It is time to identify the real enemy and demand accountability of our financial institutions. These once hallowed institutions are marred with scandals of impropriety and fraud. My journey through identity theft Hell began with one such institution, Wells Fargo Bank and their third party affiliates. Companies like Wells Fargo Bank and their hierarchy, which includes under their umbrella, Wells Fargo Bank NA, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Inc, American Securities Company, American Securities Company of Nevada, AMB Mortgage, GMAC Mortgage, Provident Savings, First Security Bank, A & E Insurance, the list goes on. All these companies thought to be independent businesses but really directly connected to the principal, Wells Fargo Bank. All these companies technically, under one rood but with limited individual supervision by design. Predatory lending is just the visible leading edge of a complicated network of fraud made possible by our banks. Created by controlling their customer's credit, transferring of personal customer information and credit transferred electronically, the equity of this country is in jeopardy. The grip on Americans equity tightens every day by these Fiduciary Giants. My experiences with one of those Giants is Wells Fargo Bank. Wells Fargo controls a major percentage of the mortgage lending business in the United States. They employ bankers, lawyers, insurance agents, etc. some working together, circumventing the law, and exploiting the system, Ripping Us Off.. Exploiting real estate laws that were written to protect the public, American Securities Company of Nevada is the Wells Fargo's nominated Trustee on thousands of mortgages in the US. These trustees's are empowered to do all the dirty work for the bank exonerated of responsibility as the third party. American Securities Company is a trustee company favorite of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Through American Securities Company, as their trustee, they perfect in-house non-judicial foreclosures on consumer real estate that is not in default. Starting with your loan application, the myriad begins. The purchase, maybe then a foreclosure or two, possibly another unexplainable encumbrance, a transfer and an assortment of many other potentially fraudulent transactions exchanging their customers equity through their property all safely inside the confines of the Bank. The credit of America is being held hostage and its getting worse every day. An endless exploitation of a paperless society controlled by corporate predators. Without a face or name, we are just numbers on computer screens, our equity is stolen without mercy. What are the two biggest reasons for fraud? Opportunity and Motive. Certain employees of Wells Fargo Bank have plenty of both. Fraud, all in the name of one of the largest financial institutions in the United States. Don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself on line @ www.knowx.com. Chances are that you already have a trustee deed foreclosure on one of your properties. Help stop this exploitation of the only real asset you have. Who Owns Your House?? Concerned Consumer , NevadaU.S.A.
Entity: Las Vegas, Nevada
53, Report #111977
Oct 07 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Another Overdraft Fee Rip-Off Scottsdale Arizona
I've had two recent episodes with Wells Fargo in which I ended up paying exhorbitant OD charges because their policy is to put through the largest items first. For instance, in both my cases three items came in in one day, I had sufficient balance to cover two of them, but by automatically putting through the largest item first, the account overdrew and I was charged overdraft fees for all three items. Even though two of those items would have cleared if they'd been put through first! We're talking $33 overdraft charges on probably $7 items! When I called to complain they had the audacity to tell me that they polled their customers and were told customers would prefer that large items go in first... Please, even if I believed that, it defies logic unless you're out to rake in fees! How can this practice not be considered predatory? Signed, another fan of Wells Fargo and all banking behemoths Jerene Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Scottsdale, Arizona
Sep 26 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Ripoff Outragious Fees, and Holding my funds Port Neches Texas
ON 9/13/2004 I deposited a Check from a buyer whom bought a mower of mine. According to the Wells Fargo site, it was posted. On the 17th, it was returned. Which steped my account into a major wreck. Having counted that money, I payed for some routine bills. Wells fargo then returned half of the checks, and payed for half of them ( I believe, Considering several after the fact reversals seem to happen with Wells Fargo). All in all, I got bruised with about 200 - 400 dollars wroth of NSF fees, and Over Draft Fees. On the 15th, 16th, 23rd, and 24th I deposited some funds to cover all these fees. On the 23rd I deposited 400 dollars, which that night showed a deposit. The next day it totally dissappeared from the bank. Even the local branch showed no deposit. After a review the local branch found a receit, and log with this deposit. Which is the point I found out that a Debit block had been placed on my account from wells fargo. No money goes in, or comes out. Now the 25th, I have a Paycheck, and several deposits which are being help hostige by Wells Fargo. They are drawing intrest on our money, while we can not draw any from them. So now, we are waiting on them to let me know what they are doing next! Im not sure whats ups... Either they close my account, and send me a check up to 10 days later ( Meanwhile we sit unable to pay for food, or utilities ) Their Comment is : Being that it is a new account it is our policy to close it for so many NSF issues. John Port Neches, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Port Neches, Texas
Sep 18 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Hundreds of Dollars in Overdraft Charges Ripoff Bernalillo New Mexico
I accidently overdrew my checking account for less than $20.00 for less than one day and I was hit for over $200.00 in overdraft fees. When I cmplained about it they told me tough sh!* and tried to sell me on an overdraft credit account for another monthly charge. Wells Fargo sucks and anyone that uses them is a fool. Chuck Bernalillo, New MexicoU.S.A.
Entity: Bernalillo, New Mexico
Sep 17 2004
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff Reversed fraud payments results in overdraft fees Sacramento California Medford Oregon
We filed a fraud report with Wells Fargo bank about AOL and another small business in our home town that deducted money from our debit card without our consent. Wells Fargo gave us provisional credit back on these, and did not contact us after that about the claim. Two or so weeks later we checked our bank account status to find that Wells Fargo had reversed those charges without notifying us, on the only day we didnt have sufficient funds in our account to cover it. This put our account at $5 overdrawn. As a result we recieved endless overdraft and account overdraft fees ($33 Each and $5 a day after that). AND they allowed AOL, one of the companies we filed a complaint with in the first place, to continue taking money out of our account, even though we had closed our AOL account 3 months previously. From a $5 overdrawn we ended up with $231.89 in debt to Wells fargo. We have tried to contact them numerous times about this, and getting hung up on by the so called customer service department after calling us stupid and refusing to hear out what we have to say. THEN we recived a letter saying they have made numerous attempts to contact us with no result. This is after we have been hung up on by them at least 3 or 4 times on the phone. Only a few customer service reps agreed about the charges being a rip off but they didnt have the power to reverse them, and told us to go in to talk to a branch manager. So we called the branch manager. The branch manager doesnt have the power either. So who has the power in this bank to help us? Aaron Eagle Point, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Sacramento, California
Aug 11 2004
WELLS FARGO BANK They'll take you for everything you have Portland Oregon
Any chance they can charge you a fee they will. They have some bogus return statement fee so everytime they send a statement and it goes back to them (ex: when you change addresses) thats another $5 in their pocket. They wont bother calling to correct the address, and the jack*sses behind the counter are not competent enough to simply change your address for you. Nor are they friendly or show any kind of concern for their customers. If you are a non-customer wanting to cash a payroll check they try to persuade you to open an account and pay all fees associated with that. You close your savings account they could care less, they have enough money, what difference will one more person make. BOYCOTT WELLS FARGO!!!!!!! C porltand, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: PORTLAND, Oregon
Sep 27 2004
Wells Fargo Bank overdraft charges & holding monies RIPOFF San Francisco California
Reading some of the other complaints this here is basically wells fargo's way of doing business as usual aka company policy. I can only guess how many millions of dollars wells fargo has ripped off from the consumer using their banking practices, and by them being such a large corporation the people you have to deal with (I do not blame them, but I will deal with that issue further on)can only follow company policy set up by some very creative accountants. Right now wells fargo has closed my account because I am a risk. I am currently overdrawn 337.00 but in the last 2 weeks i have been hit with 20 overdrafts @ 33.00 each or 660.00. Although it's no one's business I had 15 withdrawels (by me) for 40.00 (all of which were approved) at a casino add on the 2.00 + 1.50 , wow. You would think wells fargo would love me. A few days later my check (direct deposit) was put into wells bank, 1,500.00. I was never told my account was closed 4 days on the phone with customer service. They blamed my co. for not sending monies. Finally I was told they have closed my account and holding my check for 10 days. Then they will send me a money order. Of course in the meantime I have written a few checks, which they are not going to honor, (even tho monies is there) waiting to see if they charge me for those. I did not directly sign up to wells fargo my bank was taken over by them a year ago. I will admit I am not a financial wiz. I do not balance my account. I do not even open my statements. Every other week I may look at my account online. They have made hundreds of dollars off me. It always seems whenever my account gets low thay charge my account with automatic deducts I have set up, (internet etc.) which they pay and then charge me 33.00. Also if I write several checks in a 2 day period they pay they largest one first and bounce the other smaller ones. i have more if anyone is interested. It seems to me others with this problem and myself could and should get together for some type of class action suit. This goes furthur than bad service I consider what they are doing is down right theft. They have perfected their practices and are getting bolder and bolder. I am fortunate enough to have a good job , single , and this is nothing but an inconvenience to me , but I am sure there are others who have really been devastated by wells fargo and many a child went hungry or cold because of them. Anyone may reply directly to me by using the rebuttal box below, and not to be rude but I don't have the time to listen or read about their experience with wells, but if someone has an idea or plan to bring action against wells by all means write me . Mark crosby, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: San Francisco, California
Aug 29 2007
WELLS FARGO BANK OUTRAGEOUS OVERDRAFT CHARGES RIPOFF UNION CITY California
I HAVE BEEN WITH WELLS FARGO FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW, AND I AM FED UP WITH THEM. AT FIRST I FIGURED IT WAS MY FAULT THEN I STARTED READING POST ON THE WEB AND REALIZED I AM FAR FROM THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS ISSUE. THEY CHARGE PEOPLE FEES THAT ARE REDICULOUS. I MEAN THEY HAVE CHARGED ME A 34 DOLLAR OVER DRAFT FEE 5 TIMES ON TEH SAME DAY. I NEVER TRIED USING MY CARD OR TAKING MONEY OUT THAT DAY. I AM NOW OVER DRAWN 547 DOLLARS AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW, I HAVE TRIED TALKING TO THEM AND EVERYONE THAT WORKS THERE SEEMS LIKE A MORON. I MEAN IT'S ALL TEH SAME BS WITH THEM. I AM DONE BACKING WITH THEM I AM GOING TO GET ALL BACK BANK INFORMATION CHANGED OVER TO SOMEONE ELSE. I HAVE PAID AT LEAST 2,000 IN OVERDRAFT CHARGES SINCE I OPENED THE ACCOUNT AND SHOULD OF LEFT A LONG TIME AGO. I URGE EVERYONE ELSE TO LEAVE THIS BACK AND RUN THEM OUT OF BUSINESS ANYONE THINKING ABOUT JOINING THEM BE VERY CAREFUL, YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!! Spyder union city, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: UNION CITY, California
Feb 09 2006
Wells Fargo Bank Texas Branch ripoff probate policy is against indigents Borger Texas
Wells Fargo Bank N.A., Borger, TX., refused an indigent, disabled, hispanic widow,her right to claim her deceased husband's bank account of only $1,128.00. The Texas probate code, Sec. 160 says that she can claim the funds simply by asking for them. She presented a filed, sworn affidavit of heirship to the bank, along with her marriage license and death certificate but they refused her the money. She gets only $333.00 per month and is on food stamps. They didn't know what their policy was at the time and said they would have to contact their legal department. She contacted a lawyer who took the case Pro Bono. Their legal department said she would have to probate her husband's estate, he had nothing other than this little bank account. The widow's lawyer filed suit against Wells Fargo and they hired an expensive firm to keep her from getting her money. Her husband has been dead for a year now, and the court has not given her the money yet. Wells Fargo Bank may be in violation of the Texas Statutes which allows an indigent surviving spouse to recieve funds emmediately, simply for living expenses and to pay outstanding debts. She is the sole heir, the surviving spouse and unable to afford probate cost. I know the law firm that is representing Wells Fargo Bank is not working Pro Bono. I think there is an unjust enrichment on the part of the attorneys working for Wells Fargo, plus an illegal policy that is against indigent survivors that are entitled to their money under the Texas Probate Code. Maybe there is a class action suit brewing here? I would appreciate any legal advice that might be lurking out there, plus any help concerning a possible Civil Rights suit since they are illegally holding her money, which is her property. I hope this poor women lives long enough to get that $1,128.00, plus a huge award from damages and possible santions against the unethical attorneys and Wells Fargo Bank N.A., Borger, TX. Mad in Texas Borger, TexasU.S.A.
Entity: Borger, Texas
Apr 16 2006
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff con-artists, manipulative system Chandler Arizona
Wells Fargo needs to be called out when it comes to their business practices. I had a negative balance, which is my fault. I spoke with a Wells Fargo banker who informed me as long as I get the negative balance brought to a positive balance before noon on the follow business day I would not be charged an overdraft fee. Well, I was short on cash & decided to use their direct deposit advance service as the fee for direct deposit advance is cheaper than an overdraft fee. So I did the direct deposit, checked my account again after the close of business that same day, everything looked good. Just to be sure, I checked my account balance the following day, everything still all good. So I figured I had taken care of the problem & didn't check out my account again until 3 days later & I had a little extra money in the account, so I made a few small purchases. When I checked my account 3 days later I had a negative balance of $260.00. $198.00 of that $260.00 was overdraft fees. They have the overdraft fees documented as being placed on my account on the very day I got the overdraft fee, & even before I ever got the direct deposit advance!! Was so bad about it is if that was the case, (that they had been placed on my account the day they claim they have), they continued to allow me to use my debit card for a remaining 3 business days while it was negative!! Had I known, I obviously wouldn't have spent the money or got a direct deposit advance and just paid the overdraft fees!!! My card to this day is still active!!! I checked my account after the direct deposit advance after the close of the business day & the account was fine. I checked my account the following day & it was fine, so how the hell can these people document my account that an overdraft fee was placed on my account on a day it wasn't? And they listed the transactions out of order!! This company is ludacris & I guarentee after this situation is straightened out I am closing my account with this crooked bank!! Anonymous Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Chandler, Arizona
Apr 16 2006
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff San Francisco California
I have been a customer of Wells Fargo for several years. I am not a sophisticated bank client but an honest one. I have several business clients who regularly use my services and process between $20,000 and $60,000 dollars a year through My Wells Fargo account. In this day of electronic banking I would think that a check could clear in a matter of seconds, yet even though I have had repeat business with the same clients and they have NEVER given me a bad check, Wells Fargo bases the deposit availability on My current bank balance. At times they will process these checks in a matter of hours and other times it can be up to 10 working days. Being self employed I rely on the constant rotation of cash through my business yet Wells Fargo's random hold policies have cost me THOUSANDS of dollars in overdraft fees. They charge $30.00 per check regardless of amount of the check and charge twice in a 48 hour period costing me $60.00 per check written. They also will post debits prior to deposits which sets You up for a financial fall. I believe their policies are tantamount to robbery and also fall into wire fraud. When I first asked them about the delay in releasing deposits I was told it was because I used their ATM. Subsequent to that I would make my deposits at the counter and would be subjected to the very same hold policies. In addition the notification of overdraft would arrive by mail which takes an average of seven days making it impossible to know You are in an overdraft situation until You have of course written several checks each incurring a cumulative $60.00 fee. What happened to the days when a bank would call You and tell You to come in and make a deposit to cover checks? Another interesting way to create overdraft income for the bank is to allow You to Quick cash a $40.00 withdrawal which may or may not show Your balance, and will allow You to make this tranaction even if Your balance is less than $40.00, thus that $40.00 dollar withdrawal makes the bank a tidy and rapid $60.00 profit. Wells Fargo realized some time ago they could profit enormously from the delay in mail notification and in processing debits before credits. They also charge higher fees to the most vulnerable of clients which includes students, low income wage earners and the self employed business owner. If You are a business owner and as pissed off as I am at Wells Fargo, I urge You to write this website, Your Congressman and the banking committee to voice Your displeasure. I am filing a class action lawsuit against these greedy bastards and will watch Your posts on this site as a barometer of interest in this case. I also urge students and those of low income to submit complaints as well to better gauge how far reaching these overdraft practices are. I would like Wells Fargo to post to this site exactly how much they have earned in the past year on overdraft fees, if they have the balls. If they don't post which I expect them not to, a subpoena will help those figures along. Geoffrey Scotts Valley, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: San Francisco., California
Oct 26 2005
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff holds on deposits creating false overdrafts Campbell California
I have banked at Wells Fargo for years, but I have become incresingly appalled at their total lack of proffesional business pratices. They have most recently startes putting holds on checks I deposit from a business account we hold at another banking institution. This account has quite a lot of money flowing thru it on a daily basis, and we have a very well established banking relationship with this instiution. Some days we have a lot of checks come thru and we may have a lot of funds which have come in over credit cards which generally don't post until later in the day. The bank always calls us if this happens to verify what might be coming thru in deposits and credit cards. They have never bounced any of our checks. Wells Fargo puts a hold on the checks from this account based on some info from their risk dept that the check MAY NOT CLEAR. The holds are for 10 days. Meanwhile a notice goes in the mail, which then takes up to 5 days to reach me. In this time I may have written checks or used my ATM card against these funds, not knowing a hold has been placed. Wells then hits up my overdraft protection account and charges me $10 for each time they do. After all this nonsense, the deposited check will have actually cleared the bank the next day as it should have, but the funds are not made available until after the 10 dy hold is up. Never mind the fact that if the check had actually bounced, I have enough in my overdraft account to cover it! I don't even object to the hold so much, as to the fact that once the check is cleared they don't immediately release the funds to my account. WHAT A TOTAL RIPOFF!! I have tried to communicate my issues with this to Wells Fargo to no avail. They insist that this is an allowed practice by law, even though it is in no way a fair business practice. I have not found this to happen with any other bank except Wells Fargo, which should say something about them. I am not the only Wells customer that this happens to either. I would close this account except for the fact that I have several family accounts all linked together along with credit accounts and it would be a nightmare to move it all right now. I cannot believe that this is a legal practice and intend to pursue this further with my senator and congressmen. If it is legal it should be changed. It is not right for Wells to be having the use of a customers money for 10 days before the customer can!! Lydia Campbell, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Campbell, California
Jan 14 2005
Wells Fargo Bank unfair overdraft charges due to account manipulation to cause cascade effect Nationwide
The Opinion of a WF customer I have written this same message almost evey month for the last number of months and addressed it WF customer service. I want to know why evey time our account get down to around 10-12 dollars (this seem to happen on a regular basis over the last year)- that we are hit with all the WF Merchant account fees. WF always- by the way, takes the largest one first and then charges our company $250.00-$350.00 NSF fees every single time for a group of 5 to 7 very small (often less than a dollar such as 5 or 39 cents) transactions for which there is now no no funds to cover. We have no idea when these fees will hit the account as they are not always entered on the same day of the month. Money is continuous flowing in and out of the account as it is the account were we process our credit card sales. I want to know why it is always when the account hits a low that these charges are posted. We are a small family business that is working for WF. This is not honest and surely not the way a repeat customer should be treated- oh I forgot- we're just a number nowadays. If we treated our customers in this same way we would have been out of business quite some time ago. But I know WF could care less as they have already made enough money off us to last for many years of what would have been made off petty monthly fees. Oh well- they'll just get another customer to replace us until they burn them out as well- and on and on it goes. I don't know these people sleep at night knowing the dishonest practices you use to asses fees from customers all across the nation. What they do may be legal (thanks to bank-rolling politicians, that have served the industry well) but it is morally wrong. Being legal has nothing to do with being right. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but like I said- I seem to be addressing this issue every month. How many of you would go home to your spouse and say, hey honey we just got another $33.00 NSF fee for being 39 cents short- which by the way happened because WF took our 39 cents. I was told by one branch manager that the rule is :first in first out - but again this is not true- the largest will always come out first- then the next largest- and then the next and so forth. Posting- I am told by customer support is not controlled- well history seems to indicate otherwise- it is a simple thing to program a computer to watch balances. This has happened to many time to be a coincidence. Something is very wrong here and in my opinion needs a congressional or at least an investigative news show investigation. Wells Fargo Bank and Wells Fargo Merchant are both Wells Fargo- a case of one hand talking to the other? There is big dollars being made here. Oh- by the way you can buy your own credit card machine for about $279.00 and you do not have to rent one from WF. Greg Toledo, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Nationwide
Jan 13 2005
Wells Fargo Bank unfair overdraft policys and poor customer relations. Ripoff! Phoenix Arizona
Wells Fargo is a part of the growing number of banks that manipulates your transactions to maximize their profits on overdrafts. They take advantage of those of us that do not keep a regular running high balance in the account. personally There have been several times i have been on the very edge of where my money is very close to the amount that I spend for daily expenses. Just last night, I checked my online balance and I had a total of just barely over $30 in the account, so I bought some food, gas etc which totaled a little over $20 because I knew I had a deposit clearing this morning for $200, but I checked my balance today and it was $140, so I see that a check that I wrote yesterday had already cleared. So with that check posting first there were 5 transactions which put it into the negative, totalling only $30, but now I am likely going to be hit with $165 worth of fees. I do not trust their accounting practicies, they go back and 'insert' checks before the electronic debits of that day at 5am the following morning, when 3 hours later the deposit would have cleared and the balance would have never seen negative. To make matters worse, they do not care what effect their fees have on your life, for example, now I have to make $165 more to get back to what my balance should be, but I could yell and scream at them all day on the phone and they wouldn't do a damn thing to help you. They do not care whatsoever about their customers, they just wanna make money off you at whatever angle they can find. Their policy is to only refund 2 overdraft fees, EVER!! They somehow justify charging $165 for $30, which is absurd and rediculous, any bank that cared even a little about their customers would at least meet you in the middle or only charge a few fees. They should do their accounting in the way the transactions take place, not in the way they can arrage it to make the most money. As far as I am concerned they are probably one of the worst banks out there as far as policys and customer service, I have even had them lose more than one deposit which took days to get fixed properly, and then they didn't want to refund the fees that incurred because of them. What I would like to know, just hypothetically, what if a person with a balance of $100, were to make 100 $1 transactions, and then write a check for $100. The check for $100 would come in first, according to their accounting, and then the 100 $1 transactions even though the $1 transactions occurred first, would they then justify charging you $3300 for $100?? The problem is everything is done by computer, and ask any wells fargo employee, the computer can never be wrong, and if they fees are there then you deserve it, and you are a criminal for ever going into the negative even if its for $.50, no one in any wells fargo branch has the balls to stick up for their customers. How long will they continue doing this to us?? As long as we let them. I hope they see the millions of $$ that they are losing in customers that are angry and dissatisfied with their service. Kyle Phoenix, ArizonaU.S.A.
Entity: Phoenix, Arizona
Aug 12 2005
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff, Illegal banking practice San Francisco California
I deposited a personal check of $400 at an ATM machine in Hayward, Ca. Three days later I noticed the check has had been reversed. I called Wells Fargo and was told to call back the next day when the ATM processing center was open. After calling back I was told the check was not processed by WF because it was missing the date. I checked the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Check 21 Act other regulations and found nothing to support their view. I was read over the phone the WF blanket warranty and told that they can reject any check they want for any reason. I told them they can't refuse a check because they don't like the cut of its jib. Well Fargo proceeded to charge me 4 overdraft fees at $33 each. The biggest problem is my family and I recently moved to Austin and used all of our money for the down payment on our second house. We have been living off our CC until our old house closes in 2 weeks and I receive some business payments next week. Therefore WF took my last $400, plus $250 I used to cover some payments. Now I am completely broke. This is put so much stress on I thought I was going to have a Heart Attack (I'm still having checks pains over this). I contacted the California Banking Association and they are now looking into this. If I found out they truly have broken the law, I plan on suing them. Frank San Leandro, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: San Francisco, California
Mar 02 2004
Wells Fargo Bank Northwest they stole money from account Portland Oregon
WELLS FARGO uses unethical business by allowing a deposit to show in an account yet a check comes thru and they take their money and then they wait until the following business day after my money was deposted and they took the 10 dollars from the account on the 28th day of feb,2004 on the 28th day of feb my acount showed a deposit of 92 dollars came thru and then ,on the 28th day of feb they took 10 dollars from a check that came in ,and then on monday feb 1st they charge my acount an overdraft fee of 33 dollars ,the actual date on ssi deposits shows feb 1st but when it was made availabe to my acount was on the 28th of feb, i called the phone bankers on feb 28th sat they showed the deposit of 92.00 and the withdrawl of 10.00 ,on friday the 27th day of febn, none of this account info was available it had not shown up at all . So on the 28th they process all transactions .there was nothing showing a possible overdraft fee ,nor on sunday the 29th was there an overdraft fee shown to be possible the acount info showed the 10.00 check being withdrawn and the 92.00 being deposited .yet on monday march 1st they steal 33.00 from a disabled veterans account that lives on a fixed income , Bryon portland, OregonU.S.A.
Entity: Portland, Oregon
Apr 30 2003
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff victimized many consumers Des Moines Iowa
Wow--am I happy to find this place to complain! Long, long ago in a world far, far away, I was a proud, happy employee of WFB. Back where most people under 30 have never been. A place where the customer actually came first! This was before de-regulation. Wells Fargo only lived in California---and was almost computer-free. I was branch supervisor. I actually looked at each check before it was returned as an overdraft. It did not matter to me, I treated others as if it were my own. One customer in particular was always overdrawn. Each time, I would look to see if I was returning to a creditor that had previously been sent a NSF, I made sure utilities were paid, I would make sure I sent to banks that had more float time before being deposited a second time--you get the idea--kind of foreign isn't it? Today, I sit here, after closing ALL accounts with WFB looking at my credit report dinged up by WFB. Gee--I have a 360 months loan I didn't know I had. It is past due and not only that has been transferred to another lender? There are two other wonderful credit experiences putting me in the neg tool. What has happened? WFB has grown too big. I have gotten letters from Oregon, telling me to call Arizona about an account in California. Following up--or course, no one will know what someone in the other state is doing? Or my favorite-- I wrote a letter, and was told the mail room didn't know where to direct it, so it was most likely shredded? What--I have the certified receipt! You don't know who this guy is that signed it? My advise--find the smallest local bank you can. Even if they don't offer all the servies larger banks advertise. And even if you follow my advise, Wells Fargo may continue to haunt you giving you negative credit for loans you never had with them! Good Luck thanks for letting me vent! Yvonne Prunedale, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Des Moines, Iowa
69, Report #381943
Oct 16 2008
Wells Fargo Bank Wire Trasfer Screw up Eden Priarie Minnesota
They say something while you were doing wire transfer and lie about it from top down. I was doing an international transfer and the first banker doesn't even know how to convert currency if he has a converting factor. (If 1 dollar = y of other currency how many does does x dollars cost make in other currency). Believe me this he took 10 minutes to figure out. Then he screwed up the process and it was cancelled (which by the way I had to follow up and check as they did not say a word about it). I again had to go the other day. Again the wire is cancelled as the internal process did not agree with the conversion rate they put in. So it was changed and sent again on the third day, which they promised would go the next day and take at the maximum of 48 hours. It did not. SO when I ask the manager says the person who sent the wire is not in office and they would not have said 48 hours. I waited for 4 days and again the manager said she confirmed with her staff and apparently they did not tell me 48 hrs and I got confused. I was told 5 to 10 days. So I waited and then they say it wasn't sent on the day they said it was but 3 days later due to some holiday on receiving end and I was given an option to cancel which takes 5 days to get my money back). So I go the next day and ask why the delay and give my money back. Now I am told that the staff apparently explained me two methods of sending money and I opted for some reason the one that takes very very long time (even though I chose wells fargo to my 3 day delivery regular method just for the reason of money being delivered in 48 hrs). And the hightlight for today is they will not be able to give my money back and have to wait as long as it takes and as a consolation gave a 20 dollars put in to my accout. REALLY NEVER EVER TRUST THEM AND GO WITH THEM. Manojtraju eden prairie, MinnesotaU.S.A.
Entity: Eden Priarie, Minnesota
Oct 31 2002
Wells Fargo Bank stole money from me Boise & Meridian Idaho
For many years my husband and I were very pleased with the 110% service given by First Security Bank. When they merged with Wells Fargo Bank, our nightmares began and, now, nearly 4 years later, they get even worse! They continually tack on late fees to every single payment due for the line of credit associated with my checking account. When the late payment fees first appeared, I called and asked them how that could be when every payment had been made on time for many months. I was never given an answer, just snotty, rude comments with instructions to either return to a branch and ask them or call another number. I finally got someone at their institution to look up why I was getting late payments. In July of 2001, they told me that I had missed a payment the previous January, making each payment thereafter late. I asked why I wasn't informed that my account was in arrears. The rude lady had no answer for me but only told me, That's just the way it is. No statement ever mentioned anything about a late payment or additional money due! I was appalled that they could do this illegal practice of charging me $15. per month without ever letting me know it was past due. I then decided to have money transferred automatically online from my checking account to my line of credit. I made a payment of $100 ($25. was due each month) and set up the transfer to be done on the 4th of each month. I was relieved to know that there would be no more late fees. Two months ago, I was charged another late fee!!! I talked to a collection lady who called saying my payment was late and she told me that the transfer date was in the next billing cycle and, therefore, no payment had been made for that cycle! THEY suggested the transfer date, it worked fine for 6 months, and now I'm getting $15 late fee charges again EVERY month! They've apparently changed their billing date! I can't stand the harassment and will pay off the line of credit and close my accounts at Wells Fargo Bank tomorrow! What an unfair company to rip consumers off like this and we have NO means to fight them for what is right unless we all band together and STOP them! Rita Redmond, Oregon
Entity: Boise & Meridian, Idaho
Jan 30 2003
Wells Fargo Bank Rip-off Illegal Overdraft Charges Deceptive Accounting Practices Sacramento California
What has been posted in here previously about the inaccuracies of Wells Fargo websites is merely the tip of the iceberg. What I discovered, when like Corri, I was hit for 600$ in overdraft fees, was that Wells Fargo was NOT following their account Terms of Disclosure. I followed the directions of the customer service rep who suggested that I read my account terms and disclosure and I did. Under use of the card as a 'Visa Check Card' - it stated that the bank would hold amounts 'authorized' for payment by a merchant until such transactions were 'presented for payment'. In reality, what was happening was the amounts were held for 1 business day, released back into the account; thus showing an inflated balance, then anywhere from 3-10 business days later, the amounts would be removed from the account. Now, like many customers, I was operating under the belief that the website and account information contained there was as accurate as any check register I would keep myself. WRONG. No where in the Terms of Disclosure was anything like the above described. I called Wells Fargo and was initially told that this was a glitch in the system and these would be reversed as a courtesy. When after three business days they were not reversed, I called back, I was told that the decision had been made NOT to reverse them. No letter was mailed to me or call was made to inform me of this flip-flop thinking. Numerous attempts to complain up and down to Wells Fargo resulted in the same results as Corri intially got - Keep a check register etc. I gave up. Wells Fargo still holds a debt of over 600$ in my name and I have given up attempting to resolve this. None of the customer service reps or supervisors I spoke to even understood the complexity of the issue at hand. Summary : Keep your money away from this bank. John Los Angeles, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Sacramento, California
Oct 17 2002
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff overdraft debit card Saint Paul Minnesota
My debit card was charged by 3 different recuring charges - even though there were no funds available to cover the charges - yet Wells Fargo Bank STILL accepted the charges, then charged me $31 for EACH overdraft. Wells Fargo should NOT allow charges to be made against a debit card that does NOT have funds available. I called and spoke with Doris, a customer service supervisor at the El Monte, CA phone bank. She was very rude, and simply said that she could not (should have said WOULD not) reverse the fees. I have had nothing but trouble with Wells Fargo over the years, but this was the last straw. Dave Dave Redmond, Washington
Entity: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Nov 06 2002
Wells Fargo Bank ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing outlandish ripoff late fees victimized many consumers Davenport Iowa
This bank is and has been taking my money that ive had in my accounts.For instance I have had alot of money missing from my account that I can not trace.Between using my Visa card and writing checks,somehow they have swindled lots of my money.I don't trust any of thier employees so i'm reporting this.I was going to switch banks earlier,but now thiers no use my moneys already gone.Is there anyway to get inside thier system to see the facts not some but ALL the records? Edward Davenport, Maine
Entity: Davenport, Iowa
Mar 05 2003
Wells Fargo Bank Rip-off Fees for Everything Watch out! Torrance California
Watch out for this bank. They have taken fees to a new level. Call and talk to someone about your account and get charged a phone banker fee. Never mind the phone banker will not have the authorization to resolve your problem. This banks fees have fees. Just put your money in a pile and light it, and at least your will stay warm. Brian Torrance, CaliforniaU.S.A.
Entity: Torrance, California
Jan 30 2012
Wells Fargo Bank Has No Clue Except How to Make Life H*ll in Tacoma, Washington
I wanted to open an IRA. I told the representative I wanted to bring my husband back to look at documents before I signed anything.  We played telephone tag once and then no one returned my calls for weeks until the manager finally called to insist I come in that day to sign the documents. I told them I could not make it and would go in the next day...the representative and manager were not in the next day and no one could find my documents...after a bit of back and forth over the next few days, I looked online and they went and opened an IRA which was showing with my accounts.  I had had enough and I finally went in to close all my accounts and the manager had me sign a form for the IRA which stated premature disbursement of funds. I told her that did not seem right and I should not have to sign anything to close something I did not open, but she insisted it was what was required to return the funds to me and it would not matter because not enough time had gone by for anything to stick.  She assured me it would never even make it to the IRS.  She refunded me the money from the IRA (which showed in my accounts as having $5000.13 in it now) along with the money from my other accounts. I then received a phone call later from the manager stating that the $5000 they gave me was never mine and the IRA was never funded - they gave me their money and they wanted it back NOW. We were worried about the IRS coming after us and wanted something in writing stating the bank messed the whole thing up but she would not write a letter (because she may lose her job over this). We took the printouts she gave us and went to another branch and we worked it out and yes they gave us $5000 of their money. We told them we needed a few days to get it as the bank I was now dealing with did not have checks for me yet and they had us missing work etc. to fix THEIR problem so we needed a couple of days.  Shortly after, I was told that they were going to debit my checking account within a few days (had a little bit left in there to cover final checks) and so we scrambled to get the money in. They swore it would never get to the IRS as it was never funded (do have something that states that, along with a letter saying I never signed the documents to initiate the IRA), but now I just received a 1099 tax form in the mail which shows premature disbursement of $5, 000.13. I called the 2nd branch again and she swears she just needs to complete a form and send it in and they will correct it to reflect $0.  In short, I have a 1099 tax form that shows a premature disbursement of $5,000.13 that was never mine from an IRA that was never funded.
Entity: Tacoma, Washington