XLIBRIS AND AUTHOR SOLUTIONS Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: xlibris and author solutions

There may be more reports for "xlibris and author solutions"

For more results perform a general search for "xlibris and author solutions"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Apr 21 2014
Xlibris Publishing Continuation of Charges Should Be Brought Against Xlibris for Practicing Cyberhacking and Cyberinsecurity. Bloomington Indiana
As I spoke of the young man at Xlibris assigned to work with me in producing my book,I forgot to say that after I spent more than four months sending this man emails,more than 200, he denied it. He probably was working with the same group who stole my first manuscript thinking that I would pull another completed book out of my 'hat' while he holds on to my emails which constituted another book.I will be waiting for the both of them to produce my material as far as Israel,but I still will be waiting.I wanted to emphasize the fact that this young man did exactly what the official from Xlibris' Headquaters had done on last year.He continued to asked the names of all of my email sites as we worked. I knew he was plotting. Surely, this young man went to every site and did not just pull certain emails back to him that had his name and that showed our conversations. He removed a whole month in one of my emails. Again, he not only removed emails from my three sites:yahoo,gmail,and gmx,he removed messages that I had forwarded to friends as backup. I am not indicating Cyberinsecurity in an international or broad way, but I believe we must punish our own for this type activity.
Entity: Bloomington, Select State/Province
Aug 06 2012
Xlibris Corporation, Xlibris Publishing, Penguin Group, Sharon Lauta, AJ Barco Has been withholding royalties payments, underpaying me royalties, telling me they will pay and months and months have gone by with no payments received. Bloomington, Indiana
I have been an author with Xlibris since 1998 with two books self published through them. My second book is a premium full color picture book that costs $48.99. The book is in the distribution channel with Amazon with Light Source Publishing fulfilling the print on demand orders for amazon.com. My biggest concern in having my book title with Xlibris, besides not receiving royalties due me, is that the book continues to sell through Amazon.com with Light Source fulfilling the print on demands, and Amazon.com, Light Source and Xlibris getting paid their shares and me -nothing. It is quite disturbing to know that books are being sold and everyone down the line are being paid but me.  Does anyone have any suggestions? I have talked on the telephone with customer service, A.J. Barco a number of times and emailed back and forth with her and she has confirmed that I was underpaid royalties and that they were just waiting for Finance to cut me a check for the underpayment. Its been 8 months or more on that one. I have left messages even more times to Sharon Lauta, manager in the Royalties Department, who also agrees that there was an underpayment, and she would do more research and get Finance to cut me a check as soon as possible. And still nothing.   What recourse do we have from these people? Is Penguin Group going to pay me now? On my online webpage of book sales and royalties due that Xlibris updates supposedly regularly, Xlibris has not posted any book sales or royalties since March 2012, and they know what sales have occurred and what royalties are due for all of those unposted months. I was one of those people who was conned into a couple of expansive marketing campaigns, one of which was to send my book information out to 2 million email addresses. Supposedly they sent the emails out in batches of 1 million at a time, with an additional 1 million emails I was told  by Xlibris rep Chris Carlson, were sent because they were nt sent in the time frame I had requested. Okay, 3 million emails sent and nd not one book was sold from those 3 million opt in emails for a best selling book on health and fitness?. And they never even gave me a report on the campaign their representative Chris Carlson said, because there were no sales. Now that I have read the complaints here on Rip Off Report, I am sure that I have been lied to, scammed, had royalties due me underpaid and not paid. Again I ask of anyone in the know, what recourse do I and others like me have with Xlibris and now Penguin? And should I continue letting the books sell on amazon.com and hope someday to finally get paid? What can be done here? Please advise. Thank you. Respectfully submitted,
Apr 08 2009
Author House / Author SOlutions I paid $2300. for edit and publish, I'm making 1.00 something off each book Bloomington Indiana
I wrote a book about my grandfather and I paid Author House $2300.00 to edit and publish my book, when the price agreement came up it showed $13.00 for the hard cover and 8.00 for the soft, this agreement was reached on because the book had 164 pages and anymore than that the book wouldnt sale. But it's listed at a higher price at other places ( The price of $13.00 and $8.00 shows up at the author house website) they said I agreed to 22.00 at Barnes and Nobles and Amazon, but I sure don't recall that, nor agreeing to the price of a 1.00 something a book. There are other things they did that I didn't like. I have missing text and missing pictures. I told them to remove some picutres, but they didnt' ask which ones. They took many things upon themselves. Then when I complained I was blasted and told they did what I wanted. Oh they train their employees well. They can make you feel so guilty. They asked me for extra money for a mistake THEY made. (Saying you didn't catch the mistake so you will have to pay for it.) They left many mistakes in my book, it would have cost me more to have fixed. I paid 1000.00 for editing and they didnt' even do a good job. Clc Bloomington, IndianaU.S.A.
Sep 18 2011
AuthorHouse Author Solutions; Kevin Weiss unreasonable; dishonest; lay-offs; over-worked Bloomington, Illinois
If you've had a bad experience with ASI, you're not alone. It's not an isolated event, and chances are you probably have more reasons to be pissed off than you're even aware of. Two years ago, Author Solutions Inc (ASI) /AuthorHouse CEO Kevin Weiss was gladly accepting money from Mitch Daniels (Governor of Indiana) in the form of tax breaks. The money was for not laying off employees, and for actually bringing jobs into Indiana from over-seas. I wonder how Mitch or the Indiana government officials who give this tax break would feel to know that Kevin is, in fact, laying off workers and outsourcing their jobs to a somewhat incapable staff located in Cebu (Philippines.) If you've been having trouble with the ASI Book Orders department recently, it's because Kevin laid off 90% of the employees inthat department. Many capable, dedicated employees with years of loyalty to the company are now without a job. While it may come off like your Sales Consultant or Design Team don't care about you, this is usually not the case. Unfortunately, every single ASI employee is doing the job of two or more people, since Kevin and the Board of Investors he reports to refuse to hire much needed help in the US offices. You have every right to be frustrated when your marketing and contract questions are going unanswered, or when your time lines in production are longer than promised. Please know that this is ALL the work of the executive team. Most of the people you speak with directly would gladly provide you with better service if they could. However, due to having a terrible internal database with constant issues, unreasonable daily deadlines and a constantly impossible workload, they are simply unable to do so. Instead, anytime they lose an employee, lay-off or otherwise, they replace that person in Cebu. The workers in Cebu are poorly trained and do little to make the lives of the employees or the authors any easier. Not to mention, the so-called wages Cebu workers receive is borderline (if not) exploitation. Eventually, all US positions, except for possible some financial and marketing positions, will be outsourced. In the meantime, the lives of the employees are hell. Kevin unashamedly makes comments about plans to outsource before the announcements are made, and makes these comments in front of other employees. Do not be deceived into thinking this is carelessness and tactlessness. Kevin is a mastermind. (Google him to see what else he's gotten away with.) He wants employees to know just how expendable they are, in the hopes that they will quit, so that when the time finally comes, they will be paying less in unemployment to the dozens of Hoosiers who will lose their jobs. I hope this helps those coming here to report ASI understand why things are so terrible. And if it's any consolation, the people you are working with feel for you, and are receiving the same, horrible treatment.
Entity: Bloomington, Illinois
Jan 23 2013
Trafford Publishing books, Xlibris, Palibrio, Author House, author solutions Trafford Publishing's scams Bloomington, Indiana
Ive read countless of negative comments online about Trafford Publishing and I was skeptical to believe those at first, but now I believe everything I read about this book, which in my opinion is a criminal organization. They are shameful comments, so Trafford should be ashamed. After I published a book with Trafford, two years later I contacted them to ask for my royalty. They said, there was an outstanding balance that needed to be paid and because of that the book was never published. This, despite the fact that I paid the publishing fee in full, they have already sent me a royalty payment and have received my free copies. I lost it. So I called and talked to Eugene Hopkins, a person at the top of the food chain so to speak, and he said, Ive never talked to you before. He has selected memory, because conveniently he didnt remember that we have talked before regarding some issues that I had with Hunckler one of the production guys. I spoke to Eugene Hopkins on the phone and exchanged e-mails with him. After going through all the e-mails that I received from the different people working for Trafford, I found Mr. Hopkins in my contact list. Imagine that you are being robbed or have been robbed. I have added a few names of the people that had exchanged e-mails with me; they are more than that. When I first contacted Trafford, Demond Dee Jefferson was the very first person that I dealt with and the person that sold me the publishing package. He sent me an e-mail confirming my agreement based on the payment and to let me know the book was going to be sent to production to be published. It is mind-boggling and hard to understand why would the book be sent to production, I received my free copies, I received a royalty payment already and two years later, I am told the book was never published and the production was put on hold because of an outstanding balance. Here is a site provided by Trafford Publishing promoting the book: http://www.amazon.com/Un-Dominicano-Peligro-Spanish-Edition/dp/1426923104 This is one of the many comments that I found online about Trafford: I simply cannot get anyone to respond to my e-mails on a book I am publishing with the company. The company says my book has already gone on sale, though they are obligated to provide me with a sizeable number of free books for my book launch they have not and are not responding to e-mails. Does this sound familiar? Did I get robbed? Is Demond Dee Jefferson a fraud and didnt work for the company? Is Jennifer Mitchell a fraud and doesnt work for Author Solutions? Why would all of these people be dealing with me assuming the publishing fee was paid already and dealt with me post production? If there was an outstanding balance, she wouldve told me that and she never did, because I paid in full to Dee Jefferson. I meanbased on my experience, Trafford is the biggest scam as a publishing company, which is why I requested that my book be pulled out of circulation. Surprisingly, in the month of October (2012), somebody from Trafford contacted me offering to sell me copies of the book at a discount price. I told him: Are you people for real? This book is supposed to pulled out of circulation. As it turns out, they are still selling my book. Are they thieves or what? I know people that have purchased my book before and after I asked Trafford Publishing to pull my book out of circulation. I am considering getting a lawyer involved. Here are the names of the people that I dealt with. They are all criminals. Be careful with Trafford. It you could your worst nightmare. Eugene Hopkins ehopkins@authorsolutions.com Demond Dee Jefferson djefferson@trafford.com Jennifer Mitchell jmitchell@authorhouse.com Maria Van Santen mvansanten@trafford.com Courtney Fleck cfleck@trafford.com Matthew Hunckler mhunckler@tarfford.com What they are saying: djefferson@trafford.com Jennifer Mitchell jmitchell@authorhouse.com Maria Van Santen mvansanten@trafford.com Courtney Fleck cfleck@trafford.com Matthew Hunckler mhunckler@tarfford.com What they are saying: Trafford was acquired by Author Solutions on April 2009. I signed a contract with Trafford December 2008 and paid for it. Since March they have my PRINT READY book with all the files for the cover and webpage. I have not received the pysical proof until today (July 6) I simply can not get anyone to respond to my e-mails on a book I am publisihing with the company. The company says my book has already gone on sale, though they are obligated to provide me with a sizeable number of free books for my book launch they have not and are not responding to e-mails. Trafford has great sales people and terrible ethics. Upon contracting with them for my book of 120 pages, I was quoted an author price of 6.53 and a retail price of 13.74. I have this in writing. My book came to 112 pages 8 pages less than quoted and they placed the author price at 10.49 published a book with Trafford under their Webblazer program that was offered at a considerable discount. Everything was pretty good up until proof reading time: They have a very sloppy printer. When I sent in my list of changes, it came back with even more needed! Whole paragraphs In Ontario, 2005 paid over $3, 000 to have book published with a promise of marketing the book. I received some books and then paid for more. I wrote and phoned re: royalties as I saw the book advertised but never received any royalties as promised from Trafford. RECENTLY SENT MY MANUSCRIPT TO TRAFFORD.I PAID FOR BASIC EDITING.I WAS MAKING WEEKLY PAYMENTS.THEY WOULDNT EVEN LOOK AT THE MANUSCRIPT UNTILL ALL PAYMENT WAS DONE. I PAID FOR BASIC EDITING.NOW THEY TELL ME I NEED CONTENT EDITING WHICH IS OVER $300.00 .NOW THAT IS PAID FOR. THEYRE..
Aug 15 2012
Xlibris.com is a scam dont waste your time and money Internet
Xlibris.com is the bigiest ripoff you will ever finde in the self publishing industry. they jack up book prices to assure that you will never sell a single book . they ignore emails and never return phone calls. i published a 132 page book with them and not only does it look like crap the 2 author copies that they sent me were damaged and childlike quality! when i told them about it they returned my email after 2 months and told me that they cant control the damage caused during delivery lol what a joke they also listed my book at a price of $30 for a 132 page book when I asked them to lower the price they told me they cant and that was the standard price for a book of that page count so i asked them if my book had 350 pages what it would coast and they told me it would be listed at $99.99 lol who the heack is going to buy that and lets face it most books are between 200 and 300 pages . this site is a scam and a ripoff stay clear.. choose any other selfpublisher but please dont waste your time with these loosers also there ridiculas customer service is the worst i have ever delt with one non english speaking person after the next.. XLIBRIS.COM IS A SCAM AND A RIPOFF ONCE THEY GET YOUR MONEY THEY DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOU AT ALL! STAY CLEAR OF XLIBRIS.COM Ronnie staten island, New YorkU.S.A.
Jan 07 2013
Xlibris Publishing Ray Olgers Printing Department Xlibris the scamers outsource book printing to companies that use inferior paper for the quality and price of my book Camels to Caviar She declined to send me a sample copy of the book being publi Bloomington, Indiana
Since the get go, Xlibris has been horrible to work with.  Between editing, printing, absolutely not one sale from their contact marketing list and now to see that they are printing an inferior book and charging $29.99 for something that looks like it was printed in China or India. (and most likely it would even look better from there!) The sample books I received have a nice cream color readable classy look to it, the one I saw at my book signing was shocking that one of my followers received this as a quality book.  Not one book in my library looks like they used photocopy white paper as does the one I saw. Ray Olgers refused to send me a copy of my own book to see what the quality is.  I would have to pay for the book to see it!  What kind of customer service is this?  They are not quality controlling copies sent out from Ingram and Amazon, so she tells me.  In other words she is saying Ingram and Amazon print their own books and not Xlibris.  Does that make sense?  I didnt pay either of those companies to print my book, I paid Xlibris to print them.  I recommend to all of you that have books with them, find out if your book is also being sent out looking like a photocopy instead of a real book. They just keep on scaming and no one does anything about it.  They just keep on scammming wherever they can.
Dec 17 2010
Xlibris Scam Xlibris Corporation Fraud Bloomington, Internet
Quite simply, Xlibris is a fraudulent, dishonest and incompetent, disaster zone. Xlibris is nothing more than a quick-buck scam printer, posing as a "print-on-demand publisher", and it has one of the highest complaints percentages for a small business of it's type - with numerous civil legal proceedings for fraud and libel - including one major one that is currently in the Indiana courts and when the judgement is made public in Spring 2011, will likely make the Rebecca Brandewyne/Authorhouse saga look like a walk in the park. (Word is they're going to need to remortgage a few houses to cover the damages on this latest libel case) Xlibris was started in the late 1990s in a parents' basement, and was previously run out of a garage/home office in Philadelphia, but in the last year moved to the Author Solutions call-center with partner frauds, AuthorHouse (which has a long legal history - just Google "Authorhouse Scam" to find out) and Searchforpublishers.com - the quintessential Author trap. As of December 2010, Xlibris owes huge back taxes to the IRS and is currently carrying huge liabilities that Mr Princeton CEO Kevin Weiss has strategized to rescue with disturbingly dubious "publish 2 for 1" / "publish for a buck" coupon deals which any writer, however good or bad, should stay well clear. Their book production is dogshit like their customer service. Piers Anthony, one of the website's English owners, one of the swarming flies who still fronts this scam, is a failed British "published author" and part time con-man who lives in Florida, and has a few skeletons of his own - including a 20-year old criminal record in the UK for serious sexual misconduct, fraud and theft. Yes, Random House does still own a percentage - but let's be clear folks, Random House has a sleeping stake much the same way that Microsoft partially owns the adult services site, Ingenio/Niteflirt and don't they keep that very quiet. RH makes VERY CLEAR that Xlibris books have nothing to do with RH. The Xlibris website contains inept, vague material which is more confusing than helpful, and makes wild inconsistent boasts about how the company has "600 staff" on one page, yet, on another page mysteriously has "300 employees". The company actually has 3 full time employees, (including Mr Ivy League Kevin Weiss), and at any one time up to 10 part time workers, most of whom are part-time college students who know virtually nothing about publishing except high school english and how to make a greasy $10/hour. The problems with printing at Xlibris are as long as Authorhouse's scam history, they are a disgusting company and I'm sorry they ever crossed paths with my work.
Entity: Bloomington, Internet
Nov 16 2011
Xlibris Xlibris - Danger - Buyer Beware Bloomingdale, Indiana
Unfortunately - everything written about this company, is also my experience to date. I am trying to work my way through things with them when they answer emails.My representative is Roy Andrews - bless. Or is this a ploy. I have had a bit of good cop - bad cop response from them.But maybe we also have to play them smart. Keep a record of everything. In time when there are enough people ripped off maybe we can be a collective and get our own back. I am working on a strategy.Maybe this company could put us in contact in some way and build up a momentum.Alone and divided we fail, united it might be possible to fight back.Buyer beware. Does anyone know of any senor person from Xlibris in the UK with a contact address / details?
Entity: Bloomingdale, Indiana
May 14 2010
Xlibris Corporation ripoff poor service mediocre product Philadelphia Pennsylvania
The first three times I self-published books through Xlibris it was a pleasant, hassle-free experience. The fourth time has been a nightmare, and a very expensive one. I was told the project would take 4-6 months. It ended up taking 9 months. I submitted the manuscript in June. They didn't start working on it until October, and then only because I wrote an a letter to Xlibris management pleading with them to just get it done. The editor did a sloppy, mediocre job with the layout, botching one of the photographs (which I was forced to pay $100 to reorder from the photo archive I'd leased it from in order to correct.) When I ordered author copies of my book, they charged my credit card twice for the order. Six weeks ago I asked them to refund my money (approximately $1200.) They told me they would, but according to my online credit card statements they haven't. They have also failed to post a picture of my book on the online bookstore page where they're supposed to be selling it (which is why I published with them in the first place): there's just a broken link there. I have asked them several times to correct this, and I've been ignored. I have also asked Xlibris several times to return fifteen photographs belonging to me (worth about $150) that were used as illustrations in the book. At first, they told me they couldn't return them because they needed to keep them until the book was published. After the book came out, they said, What pictures? Again, to date these have not been returned to me. In short, once Xlibris got its fee up front for publishing my book, it appears that going through with actually publishing the book--what I paid for them to do--was an extremely low priority. As it's now demonstrating with its botched online bookstore page, actually selling my book (which is very much part of the deal) is completely beneath its notice, as is refunding the $1200 it overcharged me, returning my property to me, or reimbursing me for the added expense of correcting their mistakes. Anne Livonia, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mar 22 2015
Xlibris Authors Solution Ripped off First Time Author Indiana Internet
I am a first time author and well maybe a bit nieve, but that is no excuse to be ripped off by Xlibris. I paid to have my manuscript edited, my cover designed and my book promoted. Basicly I paid for the whole package.After the editing was done they had me sign off and like magic it was printed and sent to me. I was so excited I called and ordered my 80 free books and paid $100 to have them shipped to me. I showed the book to my mother who pointed out the 3 errors on the back cover to me. Then she started reading and discovered numberous mistakes in the editing. I was horiffied and called to have the shipment stopped but was informed that it was too late, So I recieved my boxes of errors ridden books. When I called to complain I had to fight to get the book re-edited. Which they did eventually agree was paid for and not done.So a year later I am on my 3rd round of editing and they still won't give me my 80 free books of properly edited books that I have been promised. To make matters worse I purchase 3 packages to put my books into actual stores which I was promised by their marketing guy Nick Heralds that my books would be in stores in no time at all. Come to find out that each campaign runs for 3 months at a cost of 3-4 thousand dollars each and there is no guarentee that my books will be picked up by any one. Each campaign entitles my book to be pitched to 25 stores only and that there is deffinetly no guarentee. Plus when I asked for a copy of the packet that they claim is being sent to the stores I was told that they don't provide that to the authors. Then when I asked for a copy of the list of stores spacificly that these packets were sent to I was told that they did not provide this information to the Authors.Then when I pitched a fit and demanded that I be privy to this information or I would bring a law suit against them because I paid for , I wthe campaigns, I was told that the legal department would be in touch with me in 24-48 hours.I still haven't heard from them and it has been 3 days.Then I started asking spacific questions about the PR guy they assigned me and that cost me $6,000. I was given some pat and somewhat vauge answer. So that is that. Is there anyone who has a good lawyer willing to take my case on?(((redacted)))
Sep 25 2014
xlibris publishing Outskirts Press Title History of Street Cops I paid xlibris over $6,000.00 to edit market and advertise my book, after one year no one could find the book, they had to go to Amazon and type in the title, then after awhile the book wasn't available. They had dupicate photo's dublicate stories and duplicate incidents and did not have the numerical order as I had written and described. Is there a lawyer that would file a law suit against xlibris publishing. Thank you Greg Zito author, the book is the history of my career as a police officer Thank you Bloomington Indiana
 I paid xlibris publishing over $6,000.00 to edit, publish advertise and market my book. The only place it could  be found was at Amazon, it had shown the cover for six months, then it disappeared, people where asking how could they   purchase my book, after reading the book I found that they did not have the stories in order and skipping articles and   incidents, I cancelled my contract with xlibris.  The book was suppose to be in order as to my career as a Military Police in the U.S. Army, first section, second section of   reading should be Chicago Transit Authority Police Officer. Then finally should follow with me joining the Chicago Police  Department and the stories and incidents should have be printed the way I wrote the book, they had duplicate stories  duplicate incidents and duplicate photo's and not in the order I had sent to them. Is there a lawyer that would file a law suit against xlibris publishing company. My rotalties totalled just about $400.00  The title of the book is History of Street Cops. by Greg Zito. Thank you for your time Greg Zito
Apr 23 2010
Xlibris Corporation WRITE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY I SENT IN MY MANUSCRIPT AFTER I PAID $500 FOR MY BOOK AND I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY RETURN ON MY MONEY OR EVEN SOLD A BOOK. Internet
I SENT IN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS TO GET MY BOOK PUBLISHED AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY ROYALTIES OR HEARD ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY AFTER MY MANUSCRIPT WAS SUPPOSEDLY PUBLISHED.  THIS SELF PUBLISHING SCAM IS UNFORTUNATE BECAUSE I PUT MY TRUST AND HOPE AS WELL AS MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS OUT THERE FOR THE WORLD TO VIEW.
Nov 15 2012
Xlibris Corporation Charlie Duke, Xlibris Corporation, Xlibris Publishing, Xlibris Write Your Own Success Charlie Duke, Xlibris Corporation, Xlibris Publishing, Xlibris Write Your Own Success Bloomington, Indiana
Charlie Duke, a person working for Xlibris Corporation contacted me recently to offer a deal to publish my book. I said no because I was deceived and ripped off by Trafford Publish, which is a sister company of Xlibris. Without knowing what I went through with Trafford, Mr. Due said I'm pretty sure that Trafford remedied this situation; I just wish to help you publish your book. No, do you think I'm that dumb? I asked. I made it clear that I didn't want to publish Xlibris as a sister of company of Trafford Publishing. Here is what Charlie Duke wrote me back: On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Charlie Duke <Charlie.Duke@xlibris.com> wrote: Mr. Sanchez,   First of all I do not think you are dumb. I never known someone who writes that have the attribute of a dumb. All companies always have haters. All companies have shortcomings. Xlibris, is one of the pioneers of the print-on-demand publishing services industry, and still leads the way today. One of our founding principles, dating back to when we were newly incorporated and making books out of a basement office, is that authors should have control over their work. This principle still stands today as we help hundreds of authors every month publish their work in the manner and form that they envision.  Xlibris has been publishing books for more than a decade. Now with over 40,000 titles in print for over 35,000 authors, you can count on Xlibris' extensive experience to provide dependable, long-term, individualized support through the publishing process and in the years that follow. We wont be able to exist this long if we are doing something wrong. I am aware that there are unsatisfied authors due to honest mistakes, but nonetheless, these mistakes are unacceptable and they rarely happen in our company. I am not aware how Trafford do their thing but I know one thing, that Trafford is under Author Solutions but Xlibris does its business separately. The bigger the company grows, bad bogs will also follow. Xlibris is a member of the better Business Bureau and with that alone I am proud to be working for the company. However, we cannot ignore the fact that you have been a victim of Internet Thievery, But I dont have the power to undo this. But as a Customer Service Representative for a Publishing company, I can help you start over and get your book out in the market. Sincerely, Charlie Duke Did  he think that calling me dumb and insulting me was going to make me change my mind. These people are rude, unethical, and thieves. Authors beware. Don't publish with this people, they are the type that would use a shotgun to ask you for a favor.
Jan 29 2013
Xlibris publishing ripoffs they went into my bank account when they were told not to and stole a payment when i already canceled my account with them in plenty of time and they refuse to pay any overdraft fees that they made ha bloomington, Indiana
Xlibris Publishing stole money out of my account after which i canceled my payment plan with them because of the hidden lies this so called ripoff company promises and when you cancel with them they tell you that you're going to get your money back. then they hit you with all theses so called fees and then they go into your account when there not supposed to and steal another payment out of your account. something really needs to be done about rip off companys like Xlibris so called publishing. i have since hired a lawyer to get my money back and some from this ripoff company. thats the reason why i cancelled with Xlibris and went with another company because all the lies they started saying after the fact. DO NOT GET SUCKERD IN TO THIS SO CALLED SORRY A** LIEING COMPANY XLIBRIS.   Alan F    Mcdonough ga
Entity: bloomington, Indiana
Oct 02 2012
Xlibris Decieving, Deceptive Low lifes that cunn people who are trying to tell their stories and not theirs are totally ridiculous, they are Liars and are never willing to listen to what you have to say Bloomington, Indiana
I wrote a book about relationships and how to make it right between your significant others called Shrimps and Caviar; The upside and downsides of Struggling relationships, the book sold and I know for a fact that they did, Xlibris tolld me that I had only sold 2 and I know that there was more than that was sold because of the people I personally know that bought them, which is why I know that Xlibris is a ripoff that are robbing people that are trying to tell their stories, and they are reaping the benefits and not the Author and if there is anyone out there that are feeling the same, please email me at (((ROR redacted))) and lets get together and give them exactly what they need, and that's to be sued. I await your response. forgive me if there's any typo's. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
Apr 29 2016
Xlibris Publishing I have given them over $6,000 to publish my book and they keep giving me different people to service me and programs which seem legitemate but I have no proof them have fulfilled them. Bloomington IN.
I have not cancelled my service with them and asked for a refun of them money I have sent for the last service and am waiting for th eir response. they are taking people with their scams and it isn't fair. they should be held accountable and shut down. I wanted to publish my book so I decided to self publish and I picked Xlibris. At first I was excited that they chose to publish it. I was taken in by their services and was willing to pay for them. But after a while of editing and editing I was handed to a number of people to do different services. In the meantime them came up with more programs to add to marketing my book which I paid for. This all sounded good because it was my first book and I was really excited to get it published. Once I saw the book completed I paid for advertising, book catalogs, shows but had only written articles that they said went to the media. Still no proof of shows. My book is on Amazon and Barnes as Noble and I have a Website. I was told I would get a ReadAloud program wh ich I already paid for and it was edited. Now I receive an email telling me it was discontinued and they would give me a 60-90 sec ad on you  tube free. I also made four payments for a distribution of my book to retailers. These cost me a total of $4965.00. I wanted all my money back and I canceled anymore affiliation with them. I have not heard from them and fear I have lost all that money as well my sense of worth. They have taken away much more that money from me and many others and they should be held responsible for what they do. I have received a totall of $35.00 in royalties and lost so much more. I will do anything to close them down and any like them. Please help me and others who fall victim to businesses like this. Diane Brischke
Jun 09 2012
Sep 19 2014
Xlibris Publishing Company Julius PaxsonAny Sanchez They did not edit my book properly duplicate photo's , duplicate incidents and misspelled words, these errors continued thru the entire book Bloomington Indiana
 The Xlibris Publishing Company, charged me over $6,000.00 for editing, publishing, marketing and advertising. When I started receiving comments from individuals and friends, I looked into the matter a lot closer. I found that after a very short time Amazon on the Internet, only displayed my book for a short time. If someone wanted to purchase my book they would have to type in the title.Walmart sent me a letter stating they do not do business with this publishing company.The book never reached the store's They did not edit the work that I sent to them several times and made about ten changes of the original manuscript.They where duplicate photo's and duplicate stories of the incident that I had written about. I am looking for an Attorney, so that they can file a law suit, I will send a copy of my book to the Attorney, so they can see all the mistakes.
Oct 16 2012
Xlibris iUniverse DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY SELF-PUBLISHING WITH XLIBRIS! , Internet
Xlibris is the biggest fraud of a company that I ever had the misfortune to engage. In the past nine months, I have been shuffled between Author Services Representatives all promising that my books would be published soon. My first ASR Cherry Bates left the company, and no one even notified me until two weeks after the fact. The next ARS Gregory Ellis failed to return my phone calls. I was then assigned Glenn Bryce who did not return my e-mails or calls for some time. I was simultaneously told that he had left the company and was out on leave!  When Mr. Bryce did acknowledge my e-mails and eventually call me, he told me that the pdf file to my first novel had been lost and that we should go ahead and publish my second novel first. I was unhappy about this but agreed. In the meantime I sent a copy of my first novel to Mr. Bryce with corrections that I wanted made. I assumed that since Xlibris had lost my file for the e-book, they could at least make some changes gratis. The e-book was created, but some idiot wiped out all the italics from the manuscript, italics that were there for a reason. After several attempts, I thought the Xlibris technicians had got it correct, but I was wrong. However, Xlibris posted the e-book on their website and secondary sellers websites. I asked it to be removed, but it wasnt. I was eventually assigned Ken Barnes as an Author Services Representative who promised me that all the changes to my first e-book would be made. He also assured me that the corrections that I asked to be made gratis to my second novel would be honored due to all the trouble I had encountered. I had already paid $250.00 for post-productions corrections, which involved some minor punctuation and the use of the correct book cover, so I was happy about that. When Xlibris technicians created the e-book for my second novel, a flawless product could not be created without mistakes being made. I again asked for some minor changes to be made gratis considering the work had to be done any how to correct Xlibris mistakes!  I sent letters of complaint to Xlibris managers Raymond Chin, Michelle Postrano and Elaine Jerome-Headley, but nothing was ever done. Neither Mr. Chin nor Ms. Postrano could even acknowledge my e-mails.  At this point I was given a rash of grief that I had to pay another $125.00 to get these corrections implemented. This was the straw that broke my camels back! I canceled my business with Xlibris and sent out signed Letters of Intent to the appropriate Xlibris managers with a carbon copy to everyone I had dealt with in the past nine months. Rey August sent me an e-mail stating that my account was cancelled. Then a week and a half later Matt Evers called me and said that it was his understanding that I wanted to cancel my account! I went ballistic. This was just another example of Xlibris incompetence!   I should also add that one of my book packages (I paid for four books to be published) included single item accessoriesbookmarks, posters, business cards, and postcards. After sending detailed notes and pictures regarding the font and pitch size for the text and the book cover I wanted used for each product, it took Xlibris technicians six tries to finally get it right. Each time a new version of the items arrived, it looked like my instructions were completely ignored, and the techs did whatever they bloody well wanted! The 50 SEO clicks that I received in my first book package were used when the incorrect version of the e-book was published, and Xlibris refused to give me another 50 SEO clicks to replace them. All in all, it has been an expensive and frustrating nightmare working with Xlibris. Although I lost a good amount of money, the thing that angers me most is the time I lost from my life dealing with these incompetent, lying b*stards. I discovered too late that I'm not the only one who has encountered problems. There was a lawsuit against Xlibris in early 2012 by the State of Indiana where the company headquarters is located (Bloomington). Obviously, the problems with Xlibris are far-reaching and go way beyond the customer service department in Cebu, Philippines.  After reading all the consumer complaints about authors not receiving their royalties, should either of these books had been published, I doubt I would have seen a dime in royalties. Bottom line: Do not deal with Xlibris no matter how much you want to be published! BTW, Xlibris also operates under the name iUniverse.
Jan 17 2012
Xlibris Do not use them! Internet
Hello.  We went to different sites for reviews when we were looking to publish a book.  We selected Xlibris based on those reviews.  This is our first published book.  Xlibris did an excellent job on the book itself.  That's about all the good I have to say about them.  Here's the bad..We waited to publish the book until June so we could get all the bugs out and so it would come out just before Christmas.  After getting all the bugs out, we were ready for a October/November release.  Xlibris' website went down and we were flooded with frustrated clients not being able to order the newly released book.  To this day, Xlibris cannot give us an accurate accounting of our sales or royalties due us.  Our first sales started in August.  We have not been paid a dime.  They will not return our emails/calls or if they happen to, they do not act upon our requests.  We were promised a leather bound edition, which we never received.  We paid them $10,000 US dollars and as soon as we paid them in full, they did a complete reversal in support, which is now nil.  We call or email them daily and all we get is a run around.  We are considering contacting other authors who have hired Xlibris for a possible suit action.
Entity: , Internet
Nov 19 2012
Xlibris marketing services , Internet
While the publishing of my books was done in a satisfactory manner, their marketing service was a huge ripoff. I paid them over $1,000, and they promised to send out one million emails advertising my book. I never even got a list of who they sent it to. Stay clear of their marketing service as it sucks!
Jun 28 2012
Xlibris HUGE RIP OFFS!! Bloomington, Indiana
Beware!!!  Anyone looking to self publish PLEASE BEWARE of this company.  They are unprofessional and do not deliver as promised.  All of the business I did with them was with people in the Phillipines.  None of them speak proper english and these are the ones putting together your book descriptions, press releases, etc.  I paid for these services, yet the grammar, spelling and punctuation was so bad that I ended up re-writing every bit of it!  They are supposed to be publishers???????????????????  Just go on the website and read some of the book descriptions on there for other duped authors-you will laugh!!  Grammar, mis-spellings, etc etc.  This is how they represent an author?  If you are contemplating publishing a legit book, you are intelligent, and want a professional job-DO NOT use this company.  I wish I had found all the negative information out about them before I signed on.  Also, if you want to get royalties for the sale of your book once it's published, Xlibris is NOT the publisher for you!!  You basically pay them for the publishing and they get to keep your royalties too!!! What a deal!!!!! Currently, several authors have a class action suit working against them.
Oct 17 2011
XLibris Publishing XLibris Book Publishing, XLibris Corporation POD publisher, vanity publisher, self-publisher Bloomington, Indiana
On 5 July, 2011, I began discussions with a representative of XLibris Publishing to  produce my third novel, Twisted Key. In the initial discussions and before paying for any services I made it clear to the consultant that I needed a cost-per-unit of around $6.00 before shipping costs are figured in for each copy I purchased. That price allows me to make a decent profit on each sale,  since I wholesale to indie bookstores at $12.00 per copy and retail to customers at $15.00. I was NOT given a cost per unit  but was assured it would be reasonable and until they calculated their setup and production costs any figure I was given would not be accurate. I liked what they had to say about what they could do for me and going with XLibris would put copies and promotional materials in my hands for the Fall selling season. So I signed their agreements and paid the $1050.00 fee to have the work done. It was only after the money changed hands that I was given a cost per unit of $13.00 for me to purchase copies for sale, and everyone I spoke with at XLibris said that is their Standard fee. Before the shipping charges were added, of course. Each of my novels requires 2 years of research, writing and editing. I cannot make a profit off of this novel. I cannot even make my $1050.00 back. I cannot afford to purchase copies of my own novel to sell, since nobody in his right mind is going to buy a 6 x 9 paperback for $20.00, which is what I would have to charge to make any money from a sale. On 27 September I sent an email to their Customer Service department laying out my concerns and their several failures to comply with the terms of the agreements for services (including the provision of an LLC# for the novel. I gave them 10 days to reply to the email. They have not chosen to do so. I am posting complaints and writing blogs to warn others away from doing business with XLibris Publishing.
Dec 19 2010
Author Solutions Author House dba Bertram Capital Management Altering ISBN Numbers To Steal Royalties From Authors Internet
I am the author of The Chip Hustler by Barbara Lee. Do not publish with Author House/Author Solutions dba Bertram Capital Management. They have stolen every author's royalites, using the stolen royalties to invest with over 300 investors. It is money laundering. Here is how the royalties are being stolen. When you type in your ISBN number on Amazon.Com, it automatically defaults to your barcode number which is no longer is your assigned ISBN number. Every false ISBN number assigned to your book, resolves around the Algebric formula of your barcode. Author House changed their bad name to Author Solutions around 2009. Author Solutions is hyjacking all authors barcodes, while no sales are going into the author's book ISBN. Following is a link to the ISBN converter, as to how Author Solutions comes up with an outdated fake 10-digit SKU or ISBN that they deceitfully assign to authors account to channel book sales into variations ISBN numbers to control the royalties. http://pcn.loc.gov/isbncnvt.html. Every book published after 1/2007 is required by law to have a 13 digit ISBN number,unless author published before 2007. In that case, author can use a 10 digit ISBN and a 13 digit ISBN number. I published in 2007. Amazon.Com and other internet book vendors are using the 10 digit and 13 digit for The Chip Hustler. Illegal. I published in 2008. Google ISBN Country Codes. 0-1 is the country code and 1 is for English speaking countries. It still shows 0-1 for the United States, UK and other English speaking countries. In 2007 978-1 was made legal by The Bowker ISBN Agency located in New Jersey. Scroll down the list of ISBN country codes. 978-1 belongs to the criminal country of Nigeria. My feeling is that all mainstream authors and print on demand authors with the ISBN number beginning with 978-1, is having some oftheir royalty money funneled into Nigeria. I could be wrong, but why is Nigeria listed as a country code for the United States via the computer. Nigeria is a criminal country. But I do know one thing for sure. Books being sold on the internet is an international money laundering scheme.Stolen royalties can't be deposited into a US bank or banks in other countries, without the IRS getting involved. The stolen royalty money has to be taken out of the country. Senate Bill 3804 is pending in Congress. When that bill passes, it is designed to protect authors royaltie. I have complained to the legal department of Amazon.Com. Why? Because on www.bookfinder.com The Chip Hustler showed in item 25 in used books, which I made a hard copy of, "Huge seller with millions of transactions." Now, it has been removed. Item 10 now shows Amazon.Com Canada temporarilly out of stock. Out of stock means my book is selling. The total amount of royalties paid to me since I published in 2008 is almost $90.00. Type in the google search, "The Chip Hustler."As of December 19, 2010, the hits on The Chip Hustler is 6 million hits. Of course, my book is selling and all of my royalties have been stolen by Author House/Author Solutions dba Bertram Capital Management. The CEO at Bertram Capital Management is Jeffery Drazen. The feds are going bust Bertram Capital Management. It is being investigated.
Entity: , Internet