XLIBRIS CORPORATION Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: xlibris corporation

There may be more reports for "xlibris corporation"

For more results perform a general search for "xlibris corporation"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Sep 28 2011
Xlibris Publishing Company Xlibris Publishing is a scamming company Bloomington, Indiana
my complaint has also been filed with the following: Indiana Better Business Bureau ID 7983707  09/15/2009  Arizona Attorney General consumer complaints RE: CIC-16764 Apx. Sept 2009,Indiana Attorney General RE: File No. 09-cp-60726  Sept. 26, 2009 ABC-15 ivestigator Joe Ducey Apx June 2010. The BBB accomplished nothing and I am assuming that it is still being investigated by the others.I've sense read other complaints regarding Xlibris through Writer Beware Blogs, facebook, and Ripoff Report and they all sound pretty much like my complaint.     Originally I contacted Xlibris for publishing information. They sent me the information in packet form through the US mail. From that point on they called me from one to three times a month checking to see if I was ready to publish. Eventually I sent them my manuscript and I made another book over the next few weeks. After a few weeks they called me,we discussed publishing packages and I agreed to go with one of their packages and sent them the manuscript for my other new book to examine. They seemed to know what they were doing and to be concerned about my books progress through their process. When my books were nearly through the publishing/printing process I began getting phone calls from their marketing people. I didn't want any additional maraketing packages but Miguel Guzeman kept calling and encouraging and influencing and promissing large book sales. He asssured me that he had people who were interested in my books and that he would have them in major book stores before the Christmas Hollidays 2008. He promissed that he would sale copies of my books to atleast three percent of the recipiants of a 3 million email marketaing campaign ad encouraged me to purch the returnability package as it would increase the chances of my books being in Book Stores. t this date Xlibris reports that Amazon sold 3 copies of one of my books. There were also some quality issues. When my books did not show up in book stores and there were no reports of sales Miguel Guzman of their marketing Dept kept calling and calling trying to get me to spend even more money.That went on for a lon time and finally I put my foot down hard to him eventually getting him to stop calling. However others in that company called frequently continueing to try to get more money out of me. Those calls slowed down but did not completyely stop untill I changed my phone a few months ago. Xlibris has 12,716 dollars of my money and it literely destroyed my plans for a somewhat better life style than what I have today. Their scamming has hurt me severely.    If you would like, I can put together a copy of my original complaint with my complete explanataion, and evidence to support my complaint and send it to you via US Mail.
Dec 15 2011
XLIBRIS Publishing XLIBRIS SCAM Underperforms and Underdelivers STAY AWAY from them! Bloomington, Indiana
Xlibris Publishing is nothing they tout themselves to be.  There is no personal service, no sense of urgency, or compasion to your book publishing.  Yes, they take your money and run!  It has been a nightmare having them as my publisher for my treasured book.  Here is what I wrote to their customer service department: TO CUSTOMER SERVICE SATISFACTION DEPT. (Dec 15, 2011) I cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I am in your overall performance in processing and publishing my book Camels to Caviar. the editing was the most poor performance of all. Shoddy and incomplete. Your editor did not even finish the full book of editing per the beginning of the book comments and suggestions and punctuation. That was the beginning of the lack of interest and professionalism by your company. I give you an F: in this category On the proofing (the galley). After receiving the second proofing of the book, your department did not even finish the book for proofing and I was sent a 3rd and 4th copy to proof again. It was obvious whoever was correcting the proof did not have any personal or professional interest in making these corrections per my requests and in a timely manner. I give you an F for performance in this category. You continually lie as to when shipments were sent out including today when Maricar said she just sent out a copy of my book for authorization yesterday. I received an earlier email saying it was sent and giving the tracking number - not advising whether it was UPS, USPS or Fed Ex. Just sent out. More lies as to time frame to receive my shipment of books when it is already available on the internet. How do I know these books are correct if you have not even sent me a copy yet? No sense of urgency to get this out to me by Christmas for gifts or for other potential interested parties to read and purchase in numbers. Your IT department is obviously self serving in changing formats of your web page where newly released books give only 25 books. MINE is not one of those and only out as of Dec 1st. How am I supposed to create momentum when you cant even order the book through ebook when this is part of my package? Obviously whoever re did your web page is not a BOOK READER as it is not user friendly or complete. You cannot even pull up previous author book previews with this new format. F in this category too. Your press release is useless as your webpage shows no information available on my book. You mean to tell me you could not think a little further and write what the blurb is on the press release as well as the information on the inside of the hard copy book? We have to wait for the IT department to do whatever....absolutely NOT an answer I can work with when this is the KEY TIME for momentum in sales of my book. What kind of people are you? Complacency, non urgency, no problem solving skills and overall shoddy work is all I have received from Xlibris. I fully intend to write on the internet about your poor performance overall from beginning to end. The only person that has worked with me adequately is Vance in my web page set up. The rest of you are all USELESS. There isn't any sense of pride or trust from any of the other people I have had dealings with. I would NEVER suggest anyone using your company again after this STRESSFUL ANGERING experience with you. You couldn't care less about your clients and it so shows. With all these failures I feel some sort of refund of my payment for this package is due back to me. I will be talking to a lawyer about this as I feel you are instrumental in stifling potential sales with these important failures at the last of the process of this book succeeding. I expect a response............................lets see how long that takes!!!!! Katherine Whitley International Tour Manager Author Camels to Caviar The Exotic Adventures of a Tour Manager Stay away from this company, bad news, bad performance, inferior in everyway  STAY AWAY!!!
May 29 2012
Xlibris Xlibris Publishing They cannot deliver what they promise.. Bloomington,, Indiana
Xlibris is an extraordinary company designed to mislead consumers every step of the way. They are either best run company  (designed to perpetuate fraud) or the worst (criminals). The sales dept. production dept. and marketing dept. are all disconnected from each other...they over promise and under deliver on every facet of the business. BUT...you (the consumer) have plenty of warning signals if you listen to your instincts: 1) They demand full payment upfront.  2) They only take your payment over the phone, not online. 3) They force you to buy pre - packed programs. 4) The staff is totally inexperienced, and il informed. 5) They cannot give you a timeline for production. 6) They cannot tell you when your book will done. 7) They charge for corrections, even though they do not show you a first galley. (So, if they transcribed something wrong, YOU pay for it!). 8) Their hours are till 3pm CST.  9) They are not accessible. 10) They are not nice. They totally lack any kid of professionalism, experience, knowledge.  (NOTE: I was told that they hire only interns and students...I believe it). BUT...if you work with them it is YOUR fault...so don't complain. There are so many other, better, professional (and less expensive) GOOD self publishing companies....go to them...in fact RUN to them!
Entity: Bloomington,, Indiana
Jul 18 2012
Xlibris Terri Del Mar@Xlibris, Dona Gruet@Xlibris, AJ Barco@customersatisfaction@Xlibris,Greg Fuentes@Xlibris Riki Sayon@Xlibris, Percy Facturn@Xlibris, I truly belived these people had the best interest in helping me publish my book, 'boy was I wrong! Bloomington, Indiana
It took me years to get the courage to tell my story about being abused, so when i decided to self-publish my first book i truly believe these people had my best interest at heart, especially when i told them that i had a heart condition and doctors sent me home to die. After i checked with the BBB and saw that they had an a+ rating i decided to contact them. The firs thing i notice was after they got my money their attitudes began to change. They laughed in my face when i questioned them about their editing services and why did my book cover had wings in the back of the eyes instead of an angel with wings..their attitudes got more serious when i asked them why people from different countries were ordering my book before i even got my authors copies. It didn't dawn on me that they were ripping me off until they stopped calling my house when i questioned them about my royalty checks or refused to buy into another one of their phone schemes. This company needs to be investigated because what they did to me could be happening to others as well. And even if i don't live to see what happen to them, may be i will when i'm looking at them from the heaven above.
Oct 15 2012
Xlibris Publishing Xlibris Corp. Don't Publish with these Scamsters and Bimboes!!!! Bloomington, Indiana
Don't be suckered in by Xlibris...I have heard that a new self-publishing company grows on the internet every day and given the depression we are in and the sheer and ungodly horde of people who want to get their writings published, it is a perpetual Roman Holiday for scams and con artistry. In my case, I had a collection of cartoons, poetry and essays I wanted to get out there; tried manually hand publishing the volume (approx 87 pages originally) using a local print store---it took forever and cost too much just to make ten soft bounds, the binding was a joke and it looked more like the flight manual for a DC-3 than an anthology of poetry. So I tried lu-lu and a host of others. They were of less than zero help. Even ended up at Dorrance which firm has been in bizz since the 1920s where greats like T S Elliot and Ezra Pound got their start----their package started at $9000.... ...Down. And life to pay off the rest. Long story short, I got conned into buying a grossly misrepresented publishing package from Xlibris and just about everything those people told me they would do turned out to be a bald faced lie. Sure, they produced the damned anthology but they have it hidden under a large boulder on their web site and they won't even show the cover design. They'll never get busted because they are offshore---over in the PIs where they are out of American legal jurisdiction....flatly avoid them.
31, Report #1019592
Feb 24 2013
Xlibris Coproration Xlibris Corpoation publishing services is a Joke. Bloomington, Indiana
Xlibris Corporation Publishing Services is a Joke. I published a book in 2010. Since that time, I have had nothing but problems receiving my royalties. I was told on several occasions that my claim regarding my royalties is under investigation. This was more than 6 months ago. In addition, I recently received a 1099-T regarding my royalties. The 1099 shows me earning more than twice the amount of royalties I have received. In other words, I would be paying more than twice the amount of taxes on royalties I have never received. I have a different employee call me each time telling me my claim regarding my royalties is under investigation. What a rip-off. I would like to say the same thing someone else said about Xlibris. 'I could write a book on the service I have received from Xlibris.'
Apr 21 2014
Xlibris Publishing Xlibris is should charged with Cyberhacking and Cyberinsecurity Bloomington Indiana
Xlibris should be investigated for practicing Cyberinsecurity and cyberhacking on the internet- namely:gmail, yahoo, and gmx. I experienced their scheme When they stole my first book, a year ago and recently.The young lady that I had been sending my writings to from my emails took so long until I told her to send my emails back so that I could send an already completed book into Xlibris because the word of the Lord needed toso that this warlock could be exposed and he would leave me alone. Because she took so long, I called their headquarters in Bloomington for help. That lady wanted me to send her a copy of the emails that I had sent to the young lady. I told her no. The young lady had started sending my emails back through gmail, but I noticed them disappearing. The warlock could erase a line here or there but not full messages at a time. I sat there and saw her take back all of my writings from the internet as the young girl would send them. She not only took my emails that I had remaining on my personal computer as my evidence, she went to two of my son's emails including yahoo accounts and hacked her way into every where I had forwarded copies. It was a trip for me because I never knew that someone could just take anything on your computer they wanted. Then she wrote me a letter as if she were the young lady claiming that she sent all my work back to me. I got a retired navy officer at the labor board where we were working to write back and request my documents to no avail. The language of the letter was much more than this young girl that I had been working with about a year. This woman stole my document because I explain that there are people who are meditating taking it to another level which involves rape, stealing from big businesses and corporations, murder, and all kinds of crimes. The second document that I had given the young lady was published with only a few grammatical adjustments that I suggested because Xlibris has very limited English speakers working on their material. One young lady told me that they were in the Philippines. Xlibris added a few images and my first manuscript was prodused and of this date, two years later, I have earned $1.00 and some change on my book that I know people have purchased. They owe me a refund on that book because they had very small input. Remember the first book still had not been published so I prepared notes on the book the woman had stolen to be published by Xlibris to let this woman know that I am still here, and I want someone to tell me that they read a book similar to this next one that I am writing so that I can get file suit. As of today, I am waiting for a young man at Xlibris to return my emails which were sent to him just as the others were. After six months, he sends me some writings from my first and second book which total 81 pages, the same as the first book. The document he sent me was word for word as the first book. He started to get nasty and say in April what are these emails for? As if he did not receive over 200 emails and over 200 images which had nothing to do with the first book. I asked him if he is on crack? The second book shows how this out of body criminal steals from homes, banks, hospitals etc.. It shows how he hurts and murders them. I included images of how he is trying to kill me. This young man does not know that he is getting in the way of the Lord's work. Have mercy on your soul. He is also putting a curse on Xlibris. If people only knew the physical implications on the body, businesses, and family, I could get the assistance of the US government to take this one warlock out who I know has caused serious damages to the aboved mention and others. One example is passengers riding on a bus or plane. This out of body warlock from Jackson, Mississippi sprays sleep medication on the drivers cause accidents or tamper with engines on planes and busses to cause tragedies. Xlibris, you are getting in the way of the small and large businesses who have lost money and some received damaged goods.The workers will not let a person get to the board of directors. If I cannot hear from them by the end of the week, I will seek legal advice.Any person interested in talking with me can contact Rip Off
May 08 2017
xlibris publishing author solutions publishing Author Solutions and imprint Xlibris continues to steal from authors, With so many complaints how can Xlibris still be in business? bloomington Indiana
How is it that Xlibris and Author Solutions can still be in business with so many reports of ripping off authors? Ripoff Reports shows years of negative reports about this company but they are still in business, what can be done to put an end to this? I have personally been fighting with xlibris for several years to get my simple 80 page book launched properly. It was issue after issue and now that my connection to this company is so close to being over they hit me again with one of their scams. I too have paid the $6,000 price for a complete package that includes the marketing. They built my book's website and now they want to charge me for bandwidth issues. This is the third time my site went down due to this issue and they want me to pay for their mistake. When the website completion date was set I had paid for a marketing company to do large scale and very expensive e mail blasts. Xlibris was very aware of the marketing strategy, the timing of the blast and the fact that I had paid a lot of money for this blast. Due to xlibris 'professional' web builders errors my site went down just as the blast was sent out causing me to lose over 25,000 customers. When I was assured by xlibris that the problem was fixed I sent out the second scheduled e mail blast to over 50,000 customers only to find out the site went down again losing me even more $. The first time the site went down I was not aware till friends reported problems viewing my site. I had to report it to xlibris and request compensation for the loss of $ due to their error. Marketing supervisor Vera Carter responded with an offer of 1 year free service of xlibris hosting the website starting in Dec. 2017. Why would I want them to host for an additional year when they can't get it right the first time? After consulting 2 outside tech firms I discovered that the bandwidth issue was something the builder would have known about when building the site. There have been no additions to the site so that alone indicates the builder, xlibris/author solutions must have created the problem while building the site. Now I have received an e mail stating that I must make additional monthly payments to keep my book's website up and working each month. Since I am not able to list e mail addresses, I am listing the people I have been dealing with regarding this issue. Adam Brillo who contacted me back when I first had issues with xlibris about 2yrs ago. At that time he was considered a supervisor in customer service so when this issue of the bandwidth started I cc'd him on all e mails requesting help. Vera Carter and James Aguilar are both supervisors of the marketing department so both were sent cc e mails regarding this bandwidth issue. Several years ago when I first had difficulties with this company, I discovered that there are no official overseers in the publishing world. I had taken it upon myself to create a class action law suit against xlibris and it's mother company author solutions. Now, I am furious with myself for not following thru with the class action law suit. Today is 5/7/17, I will give xlibis and author solutions one week to correct the problems they created on my book's website. If I feel their deceitful practices have not been addressed, I will be posting notice that the class action lawsuit has been activated again and all who wish to participate are welcome to contact me.
Entity: bloomington, Indiana
Apr 04 2011
Xlibris Corporation Illegally removing my own book from AMZN.com and replaced it with a book that was 5 years old WITHOUT my permission. Bloomington, Indiana
Everybody at Xlibris I have dealt with have been ignorant and totally uncaring even though Xlibris is clearly illegally infringing on my copyright and has cost me thousands of dollars in lost sales... .These people were so incredibly incompetent when I first sent them a draft of a my book over five years ago that I refused to do business with them and NEVER signed contracts with them.... So imagine my complete and utter amazement five years later in October 2009 when they somehow managed to replace the book that I published and have been selling on Amazon for YEARS with the five year old version of my book I had originally sent them.This was done without my permission and without any contract and, since October 2009 they have repeatedly ignored (and I mean on at least 12 occasions) my request to be put in touch with their company's attorney.Xlibris has totally ruined my entire Christmas sales campaign which has cost me thousands of dollars in lost sales and if you want your book published then do yourself a big favor and NEVER contact these cretins.@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:46 AM. Tara Lee an Xlibris Author Services Representative emails me: Im very sorry. I understand how you feel. Dont worry, I will get things corrected. Please accept my apologies and allow me to correct my mistake.Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:24 AM Tara Lee an Author Services Representative emails me: Is there anything we can do to keep this from going into legal matters especially now that the problem has been solved?Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 11:44 AM Tara Lee an Author Services Representative emails me: Ive already sent requests to withdraw the book from the Xlibris bookstore and online websites as well. I will let you know as soon as the book is completely removed. I understand youre very much upset and Im terribly sorry. I will have everything rectified and let you know as soon as the book is out of amazon. Again, I am terribly sorry and I hope you allow me to correct this mistake. I will have everything corrected within the day.Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:06 PM Tara Lee an Author Services Representative emails me: I clearly understand. And Im very, very, extremely sorry for all the mixup and confusion. Please forgive me. You wont even need to wait for the end of the day tomorrow. Im currently working with amazon and the people involved to get this fixed.' Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM Tara Lee an Author Services Representative emails me: Good day! I would like to thank you for the opportunity to fix this.  I know that this has put you in a state of distress that I cannot even begin to apologize for the inconvenience.  I am taking accountability for this and I truly am very sorry that I misunderstood what you were trying to convey in your original email.  For whatever its worth, I will exhaust all available  means to set things right. I was speaking to the person in charge of getting the book off of Amazon, and she sent the request to have the book removed immediately right after I informed you that wed be taking it off. Unfortunately, Amazon advised us that the process takes approximately 2-3 weeks to be removed from the website. We have requested for the delisting to be expedited though. I will personally be checking the website daily and let you know as soon as the book is removed and yours is restored.I realize that this is no way acceptable.  There is absolutely no valid excuse and you have every right to be upset.  I implore you to have  a little more patience and I will get this matter resolved.  I pray for your kind consideration.  Thank you.Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:58 PM Tara Lee an Author Services Representative emails me: My job is very much on the line, and you have no idea how much this chance youre giving to me means. Thank you Mr. Oliver, thank you, thank you! Dont worry, if I know anybody in Costa Rica or planning to buy real estate in Costa Rica, Ill recommend your book.Thank you Mr. Oliver, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!I will be monitoring it every day! By the way, weve spoken to amazon, they said theyve submitted the request as well. The book will be delisted within 2-3 weeks, as soon as its off there, I will inform you. Thank you@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@I have been incredibly patient because it was apparent that this woman's job was on the line but, to this day - even after all these begging emails - my own book which was selling very well has not been replaced by Xlibris after three months of emails. How would you feel if your book was illegally removed from a site by Xlibris and you lost tens of thousands of dollars in sales? I look forward to anyone from Xlibris tying to rebut this serious complaint.
May 14 2010
Xlibris Corporation ripoff poor service mediocre product Philadelphia Pennsylvania
The first three times I self-published books through Xlibris it was a pleasant, hassle-free experience. The fourth time has been a nightmare, and a very expensive one. I was told the project would take 4-6 months. It ended up taking 9 months. I submitted the manuscript in June. They didn't start working on it until October, and then only because I wrote an a letter to Xlibris management pleading with them to just get it done. The editor did a sloppy, mediocre job with the layout, botching one of the photographs (which I was forced to pay $100 to reorder from the photo archive I'd leased it from in order to correct.) When I ordered author copies of my book, they charged my credit card twice for the order. Six weeks ago I asked them to refund my money (approximately $1200.) They told me they would, but according to my online credit card statements they haven't. They have also failed to post a picture of my book on the online bookstore page where they're supposed to be selling it (which is why I published with them in the first place): there's just a broken link there. I have asked them several times to correct this, and I've been ignored. I have also asked Xlibris several times to return fifteen photographs belonging to me (worth about $150) that were used as illustrations in the book. At first, they told me they couldn't return them because they needed to keep them until the book was published. After the book came out, they said, What pictures? Again, to date these have not been returned to me. In short, once Xlibris got its fee up front for publishing my book, it appears that going through with actually publishing the book--what I paid for them to do--was an extremely low priority. As it's now demonstrating with its botched online bookstore page, actually selling my book (which is very much part of the deal) is completely beneath its notice, as is refunding the $1200 it overcharged me, returning my property to me, or reimbursing me for the added expense of correcting their mistakes. Anne Livonia, MichiganU.S.A.
Entity: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sep 18 2011
Xlibris Publishing Xlibris2 BOOK selling everywhere but NOT A ROYALITY IN SIGHT Bloomington, Indiana
My book was published back when Xlibris first started out. I paid over a $1000 to have the book published through them. In the past 10 years, I have seen my book selling everywhere.. Ebay, Amazon Used books section, UK and the list goes on.. friends and fans have personally contacted me to tell me how much they loved my book.. YET, I have probably made less than $100 in royalities after all of these years.. Many books selling and no royalities.. What's wrong with this picture? I've been scammed big time that's what's wrong!  I cannot say if Xlibris is responsible for the phishing and pirating scams selling my book.. I do believe they do a nice job of putting one's book together and getting it ready for Print on Demand. HOWEVER, as my Publisher, they did nothing to stop others from selling it on various channels. I had made Xlibris aware of this problem on many occasions and what did they do? They continued to call me every month asking me to put MORE money into marketing my book!! Really? Really? Are you fricken kidding me???  I'm over this book.. and Xlibris..
Feb 08 2012
Xlibris publishing Company the rip off merchants of the publishing world Bloomington, Indiana
I had the tragedy of my wife dieing of cancer back in 2006 so to help me get over it a friend persuaded me to write down my thoughts and feelings. The set of thoughts became an idea for a book and unfortunately I chose Xlibris. To begin with they were really good. I was pleased with the cover and their work. After I had paid them a lotb of money for advertising and publishing things changed. They stopped answering my emails and pnone calls. They did not tell me how many books I had actually sold. One year on from publication and according to their Website I have sold 34 copiesand should be getting 55 in royalties i have so far got 16. I also know that I have sold a further 20 books over the last quarter but have had no contact from them since before Christmas. On one of the posters they sent me to 'sell' my book it clearly states that anyone wanting to buy my book could go to my local book store. I went to the biggest retailer in England 'Watertstones book store' who told me that my book does not exist!! They can not sell it as the isbn does not exist! The depressing thing is they want to sell it. I feel Xlibris have let me down and lied to me. It is not about the money it is about them conning me.
Oct 26 2010
Xlibris Publishing is continuing to sell book after complaining that it needed corrections Bloomington, Indiana
     Xlibris printed and published book without my knowledge. Someone else sent in the book and I was never contacted.  The manuscript sent was not a final manuscript.  After receiving my start-up package, I notified them of all the corrections that needed to be made.  There were too many to pay per page.  So, I asked if it could be re-written.  For a price, they agreed.  I requested this book to be pulled until further notice.  I told them I would contact them with final manuscript.  Since then, they keep calling and I have continuously explained that revised book was not complete.  I have completed the manuscript, but have not been able to come up with the money to pay for it yet.  Meanwhile, I just found out that someone ordered our book online through Barnes and Noble.com. If someone were to read the book as is, I could have bad reviews before I get the real book published. This will hurt the future of the book.
Sep 18 2010
Xlibris/Authorhouse Not Reporting Royalties Bloomington, Indiana
I have a self-published book listed with Xlibris/Authorhouse, and according to their records my book is not selling.  Pertaining to this, I can accept the fact that my book might-not be selling.  But, what I have a problem with: is that a reader (outside the United States) made contact with me to express how much he had enjoyed reading my book.  For me, a red flag went up because-over the years-others had informed that they had purchased the book, also.  Yet, my royalty statement(s) did not indicate any sales.  Two years of this!  Finally, this year, I made contact with Xlibris to question my online royalty statement and I was told, What is listed online is the true amount of books sold.  With that, I asked about the missing $2.00 royalty that should have been posted as the result of the reader mentioned who had reported that he enjoyed the book.  Next, I was asked, How did he get the book?  I was asked this question because the rep did claim there was no record of the sale.  I did ask myself, If Xlibris is maintaining...no record of sale for that book purchased, how many other sales might there be that I don't know about?  On this same day, I spoke with another rep to request a sales statement.  (I was promised that the report would be sent to me via email.)  I am still waiting, Xlibris...  I-still-have the same email address. Two days later, something strange did happen.  When I checked my online royalty statement, there was that missing sale posted.  This spooked me to believe: all of the bad things I have read about Xlibris/Authorhouse might be true.  Stealing; changing sales reports and ignoring requests-as the request I had made for the sales report. The rep of Xlibris did tell me that they only handle sale-tracking for my book on Amazon.com. I did question who is in charge of tracking sales for the so...so many web pages my book is listed.  Xlibris said they would conduct an investigation because they didn't know about this, and it should not be.  (I did insist that they search the web to view what I did.)  My book is listed with the following book pages: E bay; E campus; Indiaplaza; QBD; Glendora Books; Abe; Books-A-Million; Tower; Nbcindia; CDWow; the Nile; Dealtime; Yasni; Play.com; Flipkart; Next Tag; Epinions; Buy.com; Books Express; Unread; Loot.co.za; Booksplus; Buecheride; Bol.it; Libreriauniversitaria; Biblio; Booktopia; Library Thing; Agitateur de Curiosite; Krisistomus; BookFinder 40; CDON,com; Scribbly Gum Books, and Book Army-just to mention a few.  I don't have an issue with my book being listed with these pages, but Xlibris is saying, It isn't so.  If there are no sales, why are used copies of my book posted.?  Is there something I am not understanding?  And according to Biblio, there are 30 new copies in stock.  Also, with Ecampus, my book is up for rent.  And the odd thing with that is: Xlibris is not listed as the publisher.  (Another publisher is listed.)  Xlibris, I am still waiting for that report... In conclusion, my book is listed on the web-threading from Japan; Africa; Italy; France and Ireland.  And Xlibris/Authorhouse is reporting not-one-single-sale!!!! I read a complaint-once-where the CEO of a publishing house had stated, We can't resolve these royalty issues, because the authors won't list their names.  They must be making up stories and that is why they hide.  Here I am, Baby...Darlene Black/Necromancy   It is..what it is!! *My book has several errors, but Xlibris created them.  When I had asked Xlibris to correct the errors, they wanted money to do so.
Oct 28 2011
Xlibris publishing I Universe Gave me the big runaround Bloomington, Indiana
Consumer beware of Xlibris publishinng out of Bloomington Indiana. They claim to be an honest business but after having dealt with them when trying to publish my book I can honestly say their customer service standards as well as their ability to follow the instructions and requests from their customers is terrible ! If you have concerns or customer service issues they try to trivialize them or just brush you off. You pay for certain marketing services yet you are the one that does 99 percent of the work in marketing your material ( not recommended for first time writers). They claim they will edit and make one free round of corrections to the material you send, but you have to point out each and every error. They do not even try to fix such things. It is very hard to find someone you can really understand and communicate with. They all have strong accents and often time like to do most of the talking while you try to explain something to them. they do not follow the instructions properly to the options they give to potential writers to customize their own books. Do not give them you bank account information or credit card numbers. If you pay with a prepaid credit card make sure you do not pay early as they will automatically try to extract another payment from the card depending on when your next payment is due. And you have to remind them constantly how much to charge you. They seem to have a great deal of trouble communicating with each other let alone their customers. If they give you a payment plan option they do not always honor the grace period or due date that your next payment is due. They will try to collect payment when ever they decide. And as far as how well they handle complaints from their customers, they are in no hurry to address such concerns. You have to stay after them about everything. To top it off, you only get 25 percent profits if your book seels at Their website. If your book sells at other online retailers you get maybe 10 percent profit. And no matter how big or small your book may be they charge outragious prices. Especially for a book that isnt as thick as a magazine. So expensive that most readers will not pay that price for a book. They obvioulsy get the majority of their profits from desperate people like myself who want a chance to have a profitable creative outlet for my writing instead of actually selling and promoting the books they do publish for their authors. I had to learn this the hard way not only in my wallet, but at the expense of all the time and effort I put into my story. Please think twice before using Xlibris Publishing !
Mar 26 2011
Xlibris Sales consultant flat out lied to me and then Insulted my husband over the phone, Internet
Last Friday (March 18, 2011), I had an incident with my sales representative. I called corporate office and put in an official complaint on this particular employee for being overly aggressive in trying to convince me to sign up for an add-on to my current package. The package add-on was for the royalty increase which cost $1,599.00. I was told I would have to make a down payment of $533.00 right then. This price is the equal to the cost of a down payment on a car. Most people would not just throw that much money at something with out considering all of the options and mull over it for a day or so. He told me, I only had right then to decide on it because as of Monday the offer would no longer be available to me. He also told me I would not be eligible to enter this program after Friday March 18, 2011.     I sent him this email. I have thought things through. And, this seems like a lot of money to invest and risk. No one knows how well this book will sell. If it turns out to be a flop then I have only lost a little money, hang my head and move on. As it is now, at least if the book does well I make a little profit, succeed and move on. And I know better next time where to hedge my bets. I'm not a gambler and in reality that is exactly what I am doing. So, I would rather bet a little and win a little than bet a whole lot and loose everything. Lesson learned more or less. If this book does well and I decide to publish the next book that I already have written. Will this offer be available to me or is this a one time deal? Thank you for the call this afternoon. I do appreciate the opportunity that you gave to at least give me an option.He called my home several hours after I sent him this e-mail. I was not home when the phone call came in, but I did walk in on the conversation between my husband and my agent. My husband was flustered and very angry, which is hard to do because he is a very docile person. In order to get him this irritated someone has to do something major to tick him off.  This guy told my husband and this is quoted  So as I understand this you are refusing to give your wife $1599.00, you should be ashamed of yourself for holding your wife back from pursing her dreams. YES, he told my husband this.  My husband is very protective of me as any husband should be. However, since this is my project and my hard work he stood back and is letting me make every choice for myself. Now this is happening he has become fully involve with every aspect of my book. This is unacceptable behavior for anyone claiming to be a professional and work at any public industry. You do NOT insult the people who essentially are responsible for your paychecks. I did talk to a person higher up the chain of command that day. He told my husband and myself he would be in contact with me. Since March 18, I have not heard any word from anyone at Xlibris. Come to find out after all of this, what the sales rep offered was not a ONE TIME deal. I was told I may opt to enter the program at anytime. So essentially, I was lied to. Since then, I have not heard anything back on this incident. The man my husband talked to, did assure us a new technical adviser and sales representative would be assigned to me and would be contact me. I was told to forward the e-mails I had already sent to my current technical adviser to the Technical Advisor manager and he would look over everything. I did as I was told to do. As of today I still have not heard anything. I just received my welcome package with a contract. There are a few things of which have me concerned about it. Number one the contract that was sent to me is the wrong contract for the particular package I purchased and I have already made an initial payment on. The second concern is after reading through the Publishing Guide, I found a better package to better meet my needs. I feel the sales rep should have been more open with me on my options and should have explained things better. I signed for the Basic Package what I should have signed for is the Professional Package instead, he more or less pushed me to what he thought I needed. He never did ask what I wanted. The only reason I contacted Xlibris was to find out more information on what would be available for me. I did not intend to make a purchase at the time because the illustrations for my book are not complete. The sales rep told me I had to make a decision that day, if waited a couple of days to debate on this package, he could not guarantee the price quote he gave me if.  At this point I am very unhappy with the way things are going. I would like very much to stay with Xlibris to publish my book; but, if this is the way business is handled here, I will consider withdrawing my contract and sign with another publishing company. This is not a threat I am just stating what is going through my mind; I would appreciate a quick and satisfactory resolution to the problems I am having. Before I contacted this company I did check with the BBB and there were 214 official complaints filed with the BBB against Xlibris. I figured being a business to the public there is no way to guarantee 100% happy results from every client. This is just not possible. Now my big dilemma is what in the world do I do now. I feel like all of my hard work has been flushed down the toilet. Very dis-satisfied client.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Apr 04 2012
XLIBRIS Not useful at all, initially very nice then the bait and switch Internet
This company uses the usual bait and switch tactic.  Initially they are very interested and offer a discount for their publishing services.  Once you submit a manuscript and pay for the package, communication stops and it is difficult to get someone on the phone.  The book representative is obviously of foreign descent and at first it is an American who hooks you in with the speal.  I signed up for the 600.00 package payable in 3 months, pad the first month then cancelled the card so no more payments are coming to them from me.  I would suggest going through Createspace to publish, its free and cost nothing and you will be published on Amazon which is what I did.  These flim flam book publishing operations are just that...flim flam.....I am an ex Marine and worked for years doing honest work and never fell into these types of scams until I slowed down.  I feel like an idiot but if I catch em Ill be ready for em...gloves are off...
Entity: , Internet
Aug 19 2012
XLibris Took money multiple times for marketing scams and website and generated 0 book sales Bloomington, Indiana
I hired XLibris to self publish my book. That part was okay, however, then they started pushing their marketing campaigns. They convinced me 3 different times to pay for marketing campaigns which they claimed were always very successful in promoting book sales. I spent over $10,000.00 on their campaigns and they never sold one book. In fact every book ever sold was due to my own efforts. The first campaign was supposedly to have my book featured at a national book expo. Not one sale. The second campaign was internet marketing to over 1 million people who showed interest in my category. The third campaign was supposedly a newspaper & magazine advertising deal with them physically contacting book stores like Barnes and noble and actually placing my books in their stores with a return policy if they couldn't sell them. In addition, when the website came up for renewal, they never notified me, and then when I realized it was due, they told me I missed the deadline for renewal, and then instead of charging me the normal $79 or $89.00 to renew, they wanted to rip me off for over $300.00. They keep contacting me to spen more money marketing, and they keep assuring me that the new marketing techniques will definitely imporve my book sales. (Same as they had done the previous 3 times). I told them they were lying, and that the money I spent the 3 previous time produced nothing. Then, once again they assured me that it would work. I asked the question If you are so sure this will work, why did you charge me over $10,000.00 for 3 other campaigns that didn't? Why didn't you offer me this one first? Obviously this was another scam to get money from me. I told them that 3 strikes and then they were out.
Nov 15 2013
Xlibris Publishing Ripped me off of royalties and book marketing costs Bloomington Indiana
 I was talked into a premium book package by Xlibris in 2011 and everything has gone downhill since.Their customer service is outsourced to the Phillipines and uneducated people who do not know the first thing about books even though they will claim otherwise.I sold several copies of my books and more than what they have said i did.They went and pocketed all the profits from what i earned on each book and lied saying the reports had not come in yet.I'd like any other authors who have had problems with Xlbris Publishing if interested join me in filing a class action lawsuit against them.If there is an attorny out there who reads this please email me so we can get the ball rolling on this matter.We as authors have rights and it is unjust to have them taken away by a publishing company who rips us off.
Oct 13 2013
Xlibris Scam/ripoff high pressure tactics and refusal of refund Bloomington Internet
Do not use this company to publish anything you write unless not making money is in your business plan.  They will promise you just about anything for your money.  I was smart enough to record all my conversations with the sales person (Grace) and her promises were not honored.   I was was told I had a grace period for refund of all money, I was dumb enough to give them nearly $8000 and i requested a refund a week later because I found out the company is running a scam.  They will tell you that you can charge anything for your books and they would only take $3 for printing.  The example she gave me was:  if I sell a book for $15, I would make $12 and Xlibris would make $3.   They told me I would get 100% royalties but if you look at the contract you get about 25% and Xlibris get 75%. PLEASE do research before using this company, they will give you sales pitch after sales pitch, like they are owned by Random House Publishing or they publish very well known authors but they will not tell you who those authors are.
Entity: Bloomington, Internet
Apr 26 2013
Xlibris book publishing rip-off, non-paying,people who took my book Internet
I would like everyone to know if you are going to publish your first book, or any book do not go to xlibris they are nothing but a total ripoff.  I get a small SScheck a  month it took a whole lot to get these people to publish my book. They messes up, they mis-printed a few things on my book. Also they did not tell me that Brooks and Noble or Amazon would take my book ifit was landscaping size.  So I had to change my book.  I am not happy the way it's been changed.  Also my book is not being shone at none of the book stores. My main complaint about this place is that my childrens book came out in July 2012 this is now april 2013 and i have yet got a single penny from them. I know that my book has sold but I guess that they think I always been poor I could that i could just stay poor.  It took me a whole lot to  publish my first book and then I  got treated this way.
Entity: Internet, Internet
Jun 25 2013
Xlibris High prices, horrible customer sevice, and they call themselves a publishing Co. Internet
This happend to me last year when i published both my books through xlibris.  When i paid them, they were very nice, called promptly, and printed the 1st book within a month. I was so happy, i thought they would aid in selling, i quickly realized i was on my own.Publishing book2 was much different. Because i was all paid up i wasn't as important, i didn't have the internet at the time and my reps knew. they kept having me look at my corrections even though nothing was changed. The cover took a week and the interior took 3weeks with nothing edited.They stopped calling me i had to call them everyday to check on the book. it was finally finished but, they got the title wrong, and their serviceing sucked at the end. Even though i wasn't ripped off, it feels like i was. My book is 300pages and is $20 i do think the price is fair for a new book. but the price for the author is wrong it's way to high.I still get contacted from them every now and then, new reps asking me of my progress and if i'm going to buy more books soon. A few days ago a rep was trying to convince me not to give up. even though im not. I waited and searched for a publisher for a month and couldn't find anyone good. I didn't want a self publisher but it was all i could find, everything good is off the grid. I didn't know about this site at the time so i couldn't check them out.If your a new author and looking to publish, i know how excited you are to look at that finished title of yours, but my advice is wait. Do it the right way, or don't do it at all. These people know how to talk to you, they sell, they don't care about your dreams or how broke you are. Your just a dollar sign to them.I don't think theres anything anyone can do for me, i just don't want the same thing to happen to anyone else. Good luck and God bless!
Entity: Internet
Sep 26 2015
Xlibris Publishing No draft after 3 years! Bloomington, IN Bloomington, IN
I began the idea of publishing my book with Xlibris on August 22, 2012!  I have dealt with five different submission representatives, and at least five other Xlibris employees in other departments concerning this project.  I am so frustrated with this process in publishing .  My contract started for one price and then a few months later the contract was redone to accomodate my workbook format which costed more.  It is done by credit card and payments are taken monthly.  So they were paid long ago.  (Beware!)  I submitted the almost finished manuscript by request of Xlibris by Kim Oliver for the 1st time in January of 2014.  She handed it off to a Mr. Lloyd Griffith in the Data  Entry service of Xlibris to convert it into an electronic format that would ensure the easiest processing of my book.   Marie Giles had sent me the first electronic data entry draft that resulted from that, by email last February which I attached to an email I sent to Kim.  I guess it got lost. Meanwhile I was sending all the chapters to Kim electronically in Word 2007 because no one could find out where my book or data file was.  It may have been because the contract  ID # changed  from 144169 to 603246 when the contract was renegotiated because, the new submission representatives realized it was a format different than a novel.  I was gathering all my letters of permission for reprints and information I used in the book and sending them electronically to Kim as well as my acknowledgments and thank you for footnotes and such.  I had a set back at the end of March into mid April when my computer hard drive completely crashed.  It took me almost a month to recover the information and all I had was a hard copy of what I had been writing to retype from to complete the book.  I asked for the data entry copy to work from, but no one ever found it.  I set a goal to complete the book to finish by year's end and I finished at the end of November 2014.  I Fed-Exed the FINISHED MANUSCRIPT with all my revisions again to Kim Oliver in its final format  for the 2nd time, on December 1st of 2014.  Again it went to Data Entry, this time for scanning.  Again it was sent back. On my third time I sent it by the US post office overnight express. However, when it was sent back, the dividers were not in place for the chapters.  I thought all the old data copies should have been destroyed or updated  at that point for the new revised and edited version.  Again no one knew where the material was at the beginning of January 2015!  I suggest you check with Lloyd Griffith.  I got an email from him in June 2014 with the data file still under the old contract # as an attachment.  Of course it is not an up to date one, because I sent the final on Dec. 1st, 2014.  But that copy is supposedly data entered somewhere also and hopefully under the correct contract #.  They enclosed no communication when they sent back the final manuscript, which is titled, What Do I Do Now? Tools & Tips to the Healthcare System for the Caregiver.  With each submission representative, I had to explain the project and the way it was contracted to be formatted from the beginning each time.  Even with Kim Oliver I had to explain it more than once.  There seemed to be no notes that were passed from person to the next person handling my case so that they understood or knew where the project stood and how it was being done.  It is clear to me that the departments have a breakdown in communication with each other as well as myself the author.  I do not feel as though they kept their part of the contract at all.  Now they say I can not get my money back to pursue another publisher.  I am not wealthy.  The contract money can only be returned within 90 days.  You can see why I am so Frustrated.  All in all I submitted this book either in hardcopy or electronically by email a total of 5 times.  We have spent over 2 years on this project and we have no first draft for me to review or any marketing or author help that was promised by your programs.  I essentially have been depending on submission representatives and they don't know what the next step is either and have to always research and get back to me, wasting time.  What I need is the name of who I contact to begin the process of cancelling this contract and begin the return of my money.  Please send me the information quickly.  I've waited for my project long enough! Robin Earp
Entity: Internet
Oct 25 2010
Xlibris publishing E-Books royalty of over six months reported on Amazon E-books, but failed to be reported and not paid by Xlibris. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I have just published a book with Xlibris. The book is listed as E-Book. I looked on Amazon e-book, and the book is ranked top 100 paid on Amazon e-book for over  a month. The book is still in good rank on Amazon e-book. The unfortunate thing is that for over nine months since the book has been released, Xlibris has not acknowledge any royalty in myn account on the book. They just keep telling me that they have not recieved any data report from Amazon E-book. I wish if Xlibris would clarify if  the book is really part of the top 100, or part of the numbers of paid books on e-book, or paper back market in Amazon.com. Also, I wish they request Amazon company to clarify the validity of the reported data online, and pay me the required royalty due for this sales rank.
Entity: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Apr 21 2014
Xlibris Publishing Continuation of Charges Should Be Brought Against Xlibris for Practicing Cyberhacking and Cyberinsecurity. Bloomington Indiana
As I spoke of the young man at Xlibris assigned to work with me in producing my book,I forgot to say that after I spent more than four months sending this man emails,more than 200, he denied it. He probably was working with the same group who stole my first manuscript thinking that I would pull another completed book out of my 'hat' while he holds on to my emails which constituted another book.I will be waiting for the both of them to produce my material as far as Israel,but I still will be waiting.I wanted to emphasize the fact that this young man did exactly what the official from Xlibris' Headquaters had done on last year.He continued to asked the names of all of my email sites as we worked. I knew he was plotting. Surely, this young man went to every site and did not just pull certain emails back to him that had his name and that showed our conversations. He removed a whole month in one of my emails. Again, he not only removed emails from my three sites:yahoo,gmail,and gmx,he removed messages that I had forwarded to friends as backup. I am not indicating Cyberinsecurity in an international or broad way, but I believe we must punish our own for this type activity.
Entity: Bloomington, Select State/Province