XLIBRIS PUBLISHING Ripoff Reports, Complaints, Reviews, Scams, Lawsuits and Frauds Reported

Your Search: xlibris publishing

There may be more reports for "xlibris publishing"

For more results perform a general search for "xlibris publishing"

Wondering if a report is missing? We DO NOT remove reports.

Oct 17 2011
XLibris Publishing XLibris Book Publishing, XLibris Corporation POD publisher, vanity publisher, self-publisher Bloomington, Indiana
On 5 July, 2011, I began discussions with a representative of XLibris Publishing to  produce my third novel, Twisted Key. In the initial discussions and before paying for any services I made it clear to the consultant that I needed a cost-per-unit of around $6.00 before shipping costs are figured in for each copy I purchased. That price allows me to make a decent profit on each sale,  since I wholesale to indie bookstores at $12.00 per copy and retail to customers at $15.00. I was NOT given a cost per unit  but was assured it would be reasonable and until they calculated their setup and production costs any figure I was given would not be accurate. I liked what they had to say about what they could do for me and going with XLibris would put copies and promotional materials in my hands for the Fall selling season. So I signed their agreements and paid the $1050.00 fee to have the work done. It was only after the money changed hands that I was given a cost per unit of $13.00 for me to purchase copies for sale, and everyone I spoke with at XLibris said that is their Standard fee. Before the shipping charges were added, of course. Each of my novels requires 2 years of research, writing and editing. I cannot make a profit off of this novel. I cannot even make my $1050.00 back. I cannot afford to purchase copies of my own novel to sell, since nobody in his right mind is going to buy a 6 x 9 paperback for $20.00, which is what I would have to charge to make any money from a sale. On 27 September I sent an email to their Customer Service department laying out my concerns and their several failures to comply with the terms of the agreements for services (including the provision of an LLC# for the novel. I gave them 10 days to reply to the email. They have not chosen to do so. I am posting complaints and writing blogs to warn others away from doing business with XLibris Publishing.
Nov 15 2012
Xlibris Corporation Charlie Duke, Xlibris Corporation, Xlibris Publishing, Xlibris Write Your Own Success Charlie Duke, Xlibris Corporation, Xlibris Publishing, Xlibris Write Your Own Success Bloomington, Indiana
Charlie Duke, a person working for Xlibris Corporation contacted me recently to offer a deal to publish my book. I said no because I was deceived and ripped off by Trafford Publish, which is a sister company of Xlibris. Without knowing what I went through with Trafford, Mr. Due said I'm pretty sure that Trafford remedied this situation; I just wish to help you publish your book. No, do you think I'm that dumb? I asked. I made it clear that I didn't want to publish Xlibris as a sister of company of Trafford Publishing. Here is what Charlie Duke wrote me back: On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Charlie Duke <Charlie.Duke@xlibris.com> wrote: Mr. Sanchez,   First of all I do not think you are dumb. I never known someone who writes that have the attribute of a dumb. All companies always have haters. All companies have shortcomings. Xlibris, is one of the pioneers of the print-on-demand publishing services industry, and still leads the way today. One of our founding principles, dating back to when we were newly incorporated and making books out of a basement office, is that authors should have control over their work. This principle still stands today as we help hundreds of authors every month publish their work in the manner and form that they envision.  Xlibris has been publishing books for more than a decade. Now with over 40,000 titles in print for over 35,000 authors, you can count on Xlibris' extensive experience to provide dependable, long-term, individualized support through the publishing process and in the years that follow. We wont be able to exist this long if we are doing something wrong. I am aware that there are unsatisfied authors due to honest mistakes, but nonetheless, these mistakes are unacceptable and they rarely happen in our company. I am not aware how Trafford do their thing but I know one thing, that Trafford is under Author Solutions but Xlibris does its business separately. The bigger the company grows, bad bogs will also follow. Xlibris is a member of the better Business Bureau and with that alone I am proud to be working for the company. However, we cannot ignore the fact that you have been a victim of Internet Thievery, But I dont have the power to undo this. But as a Customer Service Representative for a Publishing company, I can help you start over and get your book out in the market. Sincerely, Charlie Duke Did  he think that calling me dumb and insulting me was going to make me change my mind. These people are rude, unethical, and thieves. Authors beware. Don't publish with this people, they are the type that would use a shotgun to ask you for a favor.
Nov 19 2012
Xlibris marketing services , Internet
While the publishing of my books was done in a satisfactory manner, their marketing service was a huge ripoff. I paid them over $1,000, and they promised to send out one million emails advertising my book. I never even got a list of who they sent it to. Stay clear of their marketing service as it sucks!
Dec 02 2012
XLIBRIS Publishing Company SCAM Publishers Bloomington, Indiana
After spending 2+ years putting together my late stepfather's WWII memoir, including photos, captions, dialogue and researching other unit members who were motion photographers during the Italian Campaign and served with him, I was very happy that the promise I made to Burke that I would publish his book I was able to fulfill.  THAT was my dream. Now for my nightmare -- From start to finish, dealing with Xlibris! We purchased the top of the line package deal which pretty much included everything. Their editors can't spell and we spent HOURS correcting their edits! The quality of the paperbacks -- we ordered hard cover and paperbacks -- was despicable!!! Pages torn, stuck together, words missing, the cover was urine-yellow -- they misspelled the author's names on the binding as well as the front cover, no returned phone calls, being brushed off constantly by their manager, we had to send boxes of our books back several times with post-it notes showing where they screwed up -- we still have boxes left of books we're too embarrassed to sell or even GIVE away because the quality of their publishing and printing STINKS big time! Like the other complaints against Xlibris, my royalties wouldn't even buy me a cup of coffee at Starbucks! Meanwhile, Xlibris, Amazon, online book sellers and other venues have made mega bucks and I've seen next to nothing in any royalties. I recently received a check for $3. Whoopee!!! As an author who spent over $5,000 from start to finish at Xlibris, I haven't even come close to half of what I paid.  Dealing with Xlibris was a total nightmare!  I reported them to the Better Business Bureau a few times but never got anywhere. So author beware...Xlibris is only out for themselves!
Jun 01 2017
Xlibris Publishing upsell scam, residual ripoff Bloomington Indiana
I published a book through Xlibris publishing in Nov. of 2016. Prior to the physical printing and publishing I purchase an upsell package for 1799.00 that quaranteed 100% royalties from every book sold.I was shocked and insulted when I received my first royalty check of 49.50 for the first quater. I realized my quarter was on 6 weeks long. But I also researched my sales and they were between 80-90 books. I have since spent 3 weeks going back and forth with every person at Xlibris that I needed to talk to. I asked for my full royality payout, I even asked for a refund of the original 1799.00. Although this was the least favorite of mine due to the obvious limitation of any sales in the future. It doesn't matter anyway as my claimned was flat out denied. Not only was this policy never explained to me on the phonbe, it also wasn't in writting anywhere. Im informed Xlibris that had it been an original discussion I would not have signed or paid for the package.
Sep 28 2011
Xlibris Publishing Company Xlibris Publishing is a scamming company Bloomington, Indiana
my complaint has also been filed with the following: Indiana Better Business Bureau ID 7983707  09/15/2009  Arizona Attorney General consumer complaints RE: CIC-16764 Apx. Sept 2009,Indiana Attorney General RE: File No. 09-cp-60726  Sept. 26, 2009 ABC-15 ivestigator Joe Ducey Apx June 2010. The BBB accomplished nothing and I am assuming that it is still being investigated by the others.I've sense read other complaints regarding Xlibris through Writer Beware Blogs, facebook, and Ripoff Report and they all sound pretty much like my complaint.     Originally I contacted Xlibris for publishing information. They sent me the information in packet form through the US mail. From that point on they called me from one to three times a month checking to see if I was ready to publish. Eventually I sent them my manuscript and I made another book over the next few weeks. After a few weeks they called me,we discussed publishing packages and I agreed to go with one of their packages and sent them the manuscript for my other new book to examine. They seemed to know what they were doing and to be concerned about my books progress through their process. When my books were nearly through the publishing/printing process I began getting phone calls from their marketing people. I didn't want any additional maraketing packages but Miguel Guzeman kept calling and encouraging and influencing and promissing large book sales. He asssured me that he had people who were interested in my books and that he would have them in major book stores before the Christmas Hollidays 2008. He promissed that he would sale copies of my books to atleast three percent of the recipiants of a 3 million email marketaing campaign ad encouraged me to purch the returnability package as it would increase the chances of my books being in Book Stores. t this date Xlibris reports that Amazon sold 3 copies of one of my books. There were also some quality issues. When my books did not show up in book stores and there were no reports of sales Miguel Guzman of their marketing Dept kept calling and calling trying to get me to spend even more money.That went on for a lon time and finally I put my foot down hard to him eventually getting him to stop calling. However others in that company called frequently continueing to try to get more money out of me. Those calls slowed down but did not completyely stop untill I changed my phone a few months ago. Xlibris has 12,716 dollars of my money and it literely destroyed my plans for a somewhat better life style than what I have today. Their scamming has hurt me severely.    If you would like, I can put together a copy of my original complaint with my complete explanataion, and evidence to support my complaint and send it to you via US Mail.
Jul 28 2011
Xlibris Publishing Losing Literararily and Literally by Xlibris Publishing Bloomington, Indiana
I may be a little late catching the bus on this one...but i must agree with Ronnie and many others who have had their short and curly's handed to them by XLIBRIS PUBLISHING. I non-affectionatly refer to them as SEXLIBRIS, because you really get screwed when dealing with them. My experience began in the fall of 08. i recently just published my first book Loving Aretta with them. At first i was much like most of you..a little sceptical and skittish as to whether or not my hard earned money was going to make it into the hands of or the services i was paying for. Well as time went on i noticed that it did and i was getting more and more contact calls from my Liasson. This person would constantly ask me about my book and was i done transcribing it. I originally wrote it by hand in 94 (290,000 words all by hand in 30 days) i had some work to do. Once done i got into a new rythem with them and things seemed to speed up a little with the cover work and inserts and all the other page items needed to be added and where. Well all of this was tedious at best but still inspiring until the book galley came back all jacked up and didn't look much like what i sent out. I called about a half dozen PEGGY'S and finally got it corrected (or so i thougtht) at the end of the day it was still not completely correct and i was getting pissed. Everything they did from that point on was BASSACKWARDS! they kept telliing me about the cover and the completion of the galley but had not finished editing it yet as they say. How the hell can you print or publish something you claim to still be reveiewing. This got worse when it came to me getting my copies. I got 25 paper backs and 10 hardcovers. all were fine accept there was no info on the inside flap of the book. I called and b***ched at about four diffrent people about it and still no satisfaction. I was also told i would get my posters and other sundries for the display and signing event. I got post cards and business cards but no posters and when they did come it was several weeks after i got the cards. Oh did i tell you the book was completed May 21,2011 and i just got the posters last week!. I also just discovered the ruse in the cost of my book by other peoples comments. My book is selling for 23.99 and 34.99. My book has 619 pages all black and white. Many of my books are in publick libraries in number, many have bought it and i am only seeing royalties of 3.00 dollars! Personally i want to burn their collective imigrant asses to the ground!. (nothing personal to imigrants on the whole,just these assholes. I have no illusion that i won't get anything for my book and buying more from them is not an option. Someone needs to shut them down for good!
Oct 16 2012
Xlibris iUniverse DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY SELF-PUBLISHING WITH XLIBRIS! , Internet
Xlibris is the biggest fraud of a company that I ever had the misfortune to engage. In the past nine months, I have been shuffled between Author Services Representatives all promising that my books would be published soon. My first ASR Cherry Bates left the company, and no one even notified me until two weeks after the fact. The next ARS Gregory Ellis failed to return my phone calls. I was then assigned Glenn Bryce who did not return my e-mails or calls for some time. I was simultaneously told that he had left the company and was out on leave!  When Mr. Bryce did acknowledge my e-mails and eventually call me, he told me that the pdf file to my first novel had been lost and that we should go ahead and publish my second novel first. I was unhappy about this but agreed. In the meantime I sent a copy of my first novel to Mr. Bryce with corrections that I wanted made. I assumed that since Xlibris had lost my file for the e-book, they could at least make some changes gratis. The e-book was created, but some idiot wiped out all the italics from the manuscript, italics that were there for a reason. After several attempts, I thought the Xlibris technicians had got it correct, but I was wrong. However, Xlibris posted the e-book on their website and secondary sellers websites. I asked it to be removed, but it wasnt. I was eventually assigned Ken Barnes as an Author Services Representative who promised me that all the changes to my first e-book would be made. He also assured me that the corrections that I asked to be made gratis to my second novel would be honored due to all the trouble I had encountered. I had already paid $250.00 for post-productions corrections, which involved some minor punctuation and the use of the correct book cover, so I was happy about that. When Xlibris technicians created the e-book for my second novel, a flawless product could not be created without mistakes being made. I again asked for some minor changes to be made gratis considering the work had to be done any how to correct Xlibris mistakes!  I sent letters of complaint to Xlibris managers Raymond Chin, Michelle Postrano and Elaine Jerome-Headley, but nothing was ever done. Neither Mr. Chin nor Ms. Postrano could even acknowledge my e-mails.  At this point I was given a rash of grief that I had to pay another $125.00 to get these corrections implemented. This was the straw that broke my camels back! I canceled my business with Xlibris and sent out signed Letters of Intent to the appropriate Xlibris managers with a carbon copy to everyone I had dealt with in the past nine months. Rey August sent me an e-mail stating that my account was cancelled. Then a week and a half later Matt Evers called me and said that it was his understanding that I wanted to cancel my account! I went ballistic. This was just another example of Xlibris incompetence!   I should also add that one of my book packages (I paid for four books to be published) included single item accessoriesbookmarks, posters, business cards, and postcards. After sending detailed notes and pictures regarding the font and pitch size for the text and the book cover I wanted used for each product, it took Xlibris technicians six tries to finally get it right. Each time a new version of the items arrived, it looked like my instructions were completely ignored, and the techs did whatever they bloody well wanted! The 50 SEO clicks that I received in my first book package were used when the incorrect version of the e-book was published, and Xlibris refused to give me another 50 SEO clicks to replace them. All in all, it has been an expensive and frustrating nightmare working with Xlibris. Although I lost a good amount of money, the thing that angers me most is the time I lost from my life dealing with these incompetent, lying b*stards. I discovered too late that I'm not the only one who has encountered problems. There was a lawsuit against Xlibris in early 2012 by the State of Indiana where the company headquarters is located (Bloomington). Obviously, the problems with Xlibris are far-reaching and go way beyond the customer service department in Cebu, Philippines.  After reading all the consumer complaints about authors not receiving their royalties, should either of these books had been published, I doubt I would have seen a dime in royalties. Bottom line: Do not deal with Xlibris no matter how much you want to be published! BTW, Xlibris also operates under the name iUniverse.
Dec 15 2011
XLIBRIS Publishing XLIBRIS SCAM Underperforms and Underdelivers STAY AWAY from them! Bloomington, Indiana
Xlibris Publishing is nothing they tout themselves to be.  There is no personal service, no sense of urgency, or compasion to your book publishing.  Yes, they take your money and run!  It has been a nightmare having them as my publisher for my treasured book.  Here is what I wrote to their customer service department: TO CUSTOMER SERVICE SATISFACTION DEPT. (Dec 15, 2011) I cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I am in your overall performance in processing and publishing my book Camels to Caviar. the editing was the most poor performance of all. Shoddy and incomplete. Your editor did not even finish the full book of editing per the beginning of the book comments and suggestions and punctuation. That was the beginning of the lack of interest and professionalism by your company. I give you an F: in this category On the proofing (the galley). After receiving the second proofing of the book, your department did not even finish the book for proofing and I was sent a 3rd and 4th copy to proof again. It was obvious whoever was correcting the proof did not have any personal or professional interest in making these corrections per my requests and in a timely manner. I give you an F for performance in this category. You continually lie as to when shipments were sent out including today when Maricar said she just sent out a copy of my book for authorization yesterday. I received an earlier email saying it was sent and giving the tracking number - not advising whether it was UPS, USPS or Fed Ex. Just sent out. More lies as to time frame to receive my shipment of books when it is already available on the internet. How do I know these books are correct if you have not even sent me a copy yet? No sense of urgency to get this out to me by Christmas for gifts or for other potential interested parties to read and purchase in numbers. Your IT department is obviously self serving in changing formats of your web page where newly released books give only 25 books. MINE is not one of those and only out as of Dec 1st. How am I supposed to create momentum when you cant even order the book through ebook when this is part of my package? Obviously whoever re did your web page is not a BOOK READER as it is not user friendly or complete. You cannot even pull up previous author book previews with this new format. F in this category too. Your press release is useless as your webpage shows no information available on my book. You mean to tell me you could not think a little further and write what the blurb is on the press release as well as the information on the inside of the hard copy book? We have to wait for the IT department to do whatever....absolutely NOT an answer I can work with when this is the KEY TIME for momentum in sales of my book. What kind of people are you? Complacency, non urgency, no problem solving skills and overall shoddy work is all I have received from Xlibris. I fully intend to write on the internet about your poor performance overall from beginning to end. The only person that has worked with me adequately is Vance in my web page set up. The rest of you are all USELESS. There isn't any sense of pride or trust from any of the other people I have had dealings with. I would NEVER suggest anyone using your company again after this STRESSFUL ANGERING experience with you. You couldn't care less about your clients and it so shows. With all these failures I feel some sort of refund of my payment for this package is due back to me. I will be talking to a lawyer about this as I feel you are instrumental in stifling potential sales with these important failures at the last of the process of this book succeeding. I expect a response............................lets see how long that takes!!!!! Katherine Whitley International Tour Manager Author Camels to Caviar The Exotic Adventures of a Tour Manager Stay away from this company, bad news, bad performance, inferior in everyway  STAY AWAY!!!
Oct 15 2012
Xlibris Publishing Xlibris Corp. Don't Publish with these Scamsters and Bimboes!!!! Bloomington, Indiana
Don't be suckered in by Xlibris...I have heard that a new self-publishing company grows on the internet every day and given the depression we are in and the sheer and ungodly horde of people who want to get their writings published, it is a perpetual Roman Holiday for scams and con artistry. In my case, I had a collection of cartoons, poetry and essays I wanted to get out there; tried manually hand publishing the volume (approx 87 pages originally) using a local print store---it took forever and cost too much just to make ten soft bounds, the binding was a joke and it looked more like the flight manual for a DC-3 than an anthology of poetry. So I tried lu-lu and a host of others. They were of less than zero help. Even ended up at Dorrance which firm has been in bizz since the 1920s where greats like T S Elliot and Ezra Pound got their start----their package started at $9000.... ...Down. And life to pay off the rest. Long story short, I got conned into buying a grossly misrepresented publishing package from Xlibris and just about everything those people told me they would do turned out to be a bald faced lie. Sure, they produced the damned anthology but they have it hidden under a large boulder on their web site and they won't even show the cover design. They'll never get busted because they are offshore---over in the PIs where they are out of American legal jurisdiction....flatly avoid them.
Apr 21 2014
Xlibris Publishing Xlibris is should charged with Cyberhacking and Cyberinsecurity Bloomington Indiana
Xlibris should be investigated for practicing Cyberinsecurity and cyberhacking on the internet- namely:gmail, yahoo, and gmx. I experienced their scheme When they stole my first book, a year ago and recently.The young lady that I had been sending my writings to from my emails took so long until I told her to send my emails back so that I could send an already completed book into Xlibris because the word of the Lord needed toso that this warlock could be exposed and he would leave me alone. Because she took so long, I called their headquarters in Bloomington for help. That lady wanted me to send her a copy of the emails that I had sent to the young lady. I told her no. The young lady had started sending my emails back through gmail, but I noticed them disappearing. The warlock could erase a line here or there but not full messages at a time. I sat there and saw her take back all of my writings from the internet as the young girl would send them. She not only took my emails that I had remaining on my personal computer as my evidence, she went to two of my son's emails including yahoo accounts and hacked her way into every where I had forwarded copies. It was a trip for me because I never knew that someone could just take anything on your computer they wanted. Then she wrote me a letter as if she were the young lady claiming that she sent all my work back to me. I got a retired navy officer at the labor board where we were working to write back and request my documents to no avail. The language of the letter was much more than this young girl that I had been working with about a year. This woman stole my document because I explain that there are people who are meditating taking it to another level which involves rape, stealing from big businesses and corporations, murder, and all kinds of crimes. The second document that I had given the young lady was published with only a few grammatical adjustments that I suggested because Xlibris has very limited English speakers working on their material. One young lady told me that they were in the Philippines. Xlibris added a few images and my first manuscript was prodused and of this date, two years later, I have earned $1.00 and some change on my book that I know people have purchased. They owe me a refund on that book because they had very small input. Remember the first book still had not been published so I prepared notes on the book the woman had stolen to be published by Xlibris to let this woman know that I am still here, and I want someone to tell me that they read a book similar to this next one that I am writing so that I can get file suit. As of today, I am waiting for a young man at Xlibris to return my emails which were sent to him just as the others were. After six months, he sends me some writings from my first and second book which total 81 pages, the same as the first book. The document he sent me was word for word as the first book. He started to get nasty and say in April what are these emails for? As if he did not receive over 200 emails and over 200 images which had nothing to do with the first book. I asked him if he is on crack? The second book shows how this out of body criminal steals from homes, banks, hospitals etc.. It shows how he hurts and murders them. I included images of how he is trying to kill me. This young man does not know that he is getting in the way of the Lord's work. Have mercy on your soul. He is also putting a curse on Xlibris. If people only knew the physical implications on the body, businesses, and family, I could get the assistance of the US government to take this one warlock out who I know has caused serious damages to the aboved mention and others. One example is passengers riding on a bus or plane. This out of body warlock from Jackson, Mississippi sprays sleep medication on the drivers cause accidents or tamper with engines on planes and busses to cause tragedies. Xlibris, you are getting in the way of the small and large businesses who have lost money and some received damaged goods.The workers will not let a person get to the board of directors. If I cannot hear from them by the end of the week, I will seek legal advice.Any person interested in talking with me can contact Rip Off
Feb 08 2012
Xlibris publishing Company the rip off merchants of the publishing world Bloomington, Indiana
I had the tragedy of my wife dieing of cancer back in 2006 so to help me get over it a friend persuaded me to write down my thoughts and feelings. The set of thoughts became an idea for a book and unfortunately I chose Xlibris. To begin with they were really good. I was pleased with the cover and their work. After I had paid them a lotb of money for advertising and publishing things changed. They stopped answering my emails and pnone calls. They did not tell me how many books I had actually sold. One year on from publication and according to their Website I have sold 34 copiesand should be getting 55 in royalties i have so far got 16. I also know that I have sold a further 20 books over the last quarter but have had no contact from them since before Christmas. On one of the posters they sent me to 'sell' my book it clearly states that anyone wanting to buy my book could go to my local book store. I went to the biggest retailer in England 'Watertstones book store' who told me that my book does not exist!! They can not sell it as the isbn does not exist! The depressing thing is they want to sell it. I feel Xlibris have let me down and lied to me. It is not about the money it is about them conning me.
May 08 2017
xlibris publishing author solutions publishing Author Solutions and imprint Xlibris continues to steal from authors, With so many complaints how can Xlibris still be in business? bloomington Indiana
How is it that Xlibris and Author Solutions can still be in business with so many reports of ripping off authors? Ripoff Reports shows years of negative reports about this company but they are still in business, what can be done to put an end to this? I have personally been fighting with xlibris for several years to get my simple 80 page book launched properly. It was issue after issue and now that my connection to this company is so close to being over they hit me again with one of their scams. I too have paid the $6,000 price for a complete package that includes the marketing. They built my book's website and now they want to charge me for bandwidth issues. This is the third time my site went down due to this issue and they want me to pay for their mistake. When the website completion date was set I had paid for a marketing company to do large scale and very expensive e mail blasts. Xlibris was very aware of the marketing strategy, the timing of the blast and the fact that I had paid a lot of money for this blast. Due to xlibris 'professional' web builders errors my site went down just as the blast was sent out causing me to lose over 25,000 customers. When I was assured by xlibris that the problem was fixed I sent out the second scheduled e mail blast to over 50,000 customers only to find out the site went down again losing me even more $. The first time the site went down I was not aware till friends reported problems viewing my site. I had to report it to xlibris and request compensation for the loss of $ due to their error. Marketing supervisor Vera Carter responded with an offer of 1 year free service of xlibris hosting the website starting in Dec. 2017. Why would I want them to host for an additional year when they can't get it right the first time? After consulting 2 outside tech firms I discovered that the bandwidth issue was something the builder would have known about when building the site. There have been no additions to the site so that alone indicates the builder, xlibris/author solutions must have created the problem while building the site. Now I have received an e mail stating that I must make additional monthly payments to keep my book's website up and working each month. Since I am not able to list e mail addresses, I am listing the people I have been dealing with regarding this issue. Adam Brillo who contacted me back when I first had issues with xlibris about 2yrs ago. At that time he was considered a supervisor in customer service so when this issue of the bandwidth started I cc'd him on all e mails requesting help. Vera Carter and James Aguilar are both supervisors of the marketing department so both were sent cc e mails regarding this bandwidth issue. Several years ago when I first had difficulties with this company, I discovered that there are no official overseers in the publishing world. I had taken it upon myself to create a class action law suit against xlibris and it's mother company author solutions. Now, I am furious with myself for not following thru with the class action law suit. Today is 5/7/17, I will give xlibis and author solutions one week to correct the problems they created on my book's website. If I feel their deceitful practices have not been addressed, I will be posting notice that the class action lawsuit has been activated again and all who wish to participate are welcome to contact me.
Entity: bloomington, Indiana
Dec 01 2011
Xlibris Incredible inept book self-publishing Bloomington, Indiana
Xlibris is best at self-promotion, not self-publication. Call are not returned; emails not responded to; all editors have trouble understanding requests. Marketing is non-existent; production, embarrassing; editing, totally inept. The entire process...from beginning to end...was met with incompetence. What is supposed to be an enjoyable outcome is a mess and it still is not over after 7 months.
Sep 18 2011
Xlibris Publishing Xlibris2 BOOK selling everywhere but NOT A ROYALITY IN SIGHT Bloomington, Indiana
My book was published back when Xlibris first started out. I paid over a $1000 to have the book published through them. In the past 10 years, I have seen my book selling everywhere.. Ebay, Amazon Used books section, UK and the list goes on.. friends and fans have personally contacted me to tell me how much they loved my book.. YET, I have probably made less than $100 in royalities after all of these years.. Many books selling and no royalities.. What's wrong with this picture? I've been scammed big time that's what's wrong!  I cannot say if Xlibris is responsible for the phishing and pirating scams selling my book.. I do believe they do a nice job of putting one's book together and getting it ready for Print on Demand. HOWEVER, as my Publisher, they did nothing to stop others from selling it on various channels. I had made Xlibris aware of this problem on many occasions and what did they do? They continued to call me every month asking me to put MORE money into marketing my book!! Really? Really? Are you fricken kidding me???  I'm over this book.. and Xlibris..
Oct 28 2011
Xlibris publishing I Universe Gave me the big runaround Bloomington, Indiana
Consumer beware of Xlibris publishinng out of Bloomington Indiana. They claim to be an honest business but after having dealt with them when trying to publish my book I can honestly say their customer service standards as well as their ability to follow the instructions and requests from their customers is terrible ! If you have concerns or customer service issues they try to trivialize them or just brush you off. You pay for certain marketing services yet you are the one that does 99 percent of the work in marketing your material ( not recommended for first time writers). They claim they will edit and make one free round of corrections to the material you send, but you have to point out each and every error. They do not even try to fix such things. It is very hard to find someone you can really understand and communicate with. They all have strong accents and often time like to do most of the talking while you try to explain something to them. they do not follow the instructions properly to the options they give to potential writers to customize their own books. Do not give them you bank account information or credit card numbers. If you pay with a prepaid credit card make sure you do not pay early as they will automatically try to extract another payment from the card depending on when your next payment is due. And you have to remind them constantly how much to charge you. They seem to have a great deal of trouble communicating with each other let alone their customers. If they give you a payment plan option they do not always honor the grace period or due date that your next payment is due. They will try to collect payment when ever they decide. And as far as how well they handle complaints from their customers, they are in no hurry to address such concerns. You have to stay after them about everything. To top it off, you only get 25 percent profits if your book seels at Their website. If your book sells at other online retailers you get maybe 10 percent profit. And no matter how big or small your book may be they charge outragious prices. Especially for a book that isnt as thick as a magazine. So expensive that most readers will not pay that price for a book. They obvioulsy get the majority of their profits from desperate people like myself who want a chance to have a profitable creative outlet for my writing instead of actually selling and promoting the books they do publish for their authors. I had to learn this the hard way not only in my wallet, but at the expense of all the time and effort I put into my story. Please think twice before using Xlibris Publishing !
Oct 26 2010
Xlibris Publishing is continuing to sell book after complaining that it needed corrections Bloomington, Indiana
     Xlibris printed and published book without my knowledge. Someone else sent in the book and I was never contacted.  The manuscript sent was not a final manuscript.  After receiving my start-up package, I notified them of all the corrections that needed to be made.  There were too many to pay per page.  So, I asked if it could be re-written.  For a price, they agreed.  I requested this book to be pulled until further notice.  I told them I would contact them with final manuscript.  Since then, they keep calling and I have continuously explained that revised book was not complete.  I have completed the manuscript, but have not been able to come up with the money to pay for it yet.  Meanwhile, I just found out that someone ordered our book online through Barnes and Noble.com. If someone were to read the book as is, I could have bad reviews before I get the real book published. This will hurt the future of the book.
Apr 26 2013
Xlibris book publishing rip-off, non-paying,people who took my book Internet
I would like everyone to know if you are going to publish your first book, or any book do not go to xlibris they are nothing but a total ripoff.  I get a small SScheck a  month it took a whole lot to get these people to publish my book. They messes up, they mis-printed a few things on my book. Also they did not tell me that Brooks and Noble or Amazon would take my book ifit was landscaping size.  So I had to change my book.  I am not happy the way it's been changed.  Also my book is not being shone at none of the book stores. My main complaint about this place is that my childrens book came out in July 2012 this is now april 2013 and i have yet got a single penny from them. I know that my book has sold but I guess that they think I always been poor I could that i could just stay poor.  It took me a whole lot to  publish my first book and then I  got treated this way.
Nov 15 2013
Xlibris Publishing Ripped me off of royalties and book marketing costs Bloomington Indiana
 I was talked into a premium book package by Xlibris in 2011 and everything has gone downhill since.Their customer service is outsourced to the Phillipines and uneducated people who do not know the first thing about books even though they will claim otherwise.I sold several copies of my books and more than what they have said i did.They went and pocketed all the profits from what i earned on each book and lied saying the reports had not come in yet.I'd like any other authors who have had problems with Xlbris Publishing if interested join me in filing a class action lawsuit against them.If there is an attorny out there who reads this please email me so we can get the ball rolling on this matter.We as authors have rights and it is unjust to have them taken away by a publishing company who rips us off.
Sep 26 2015
Xlibris Publishing No draft after 3 years! Bloomington, IN Bloomington, IN
I began the idea of publishing my book with Xlibris on August 22, 2012!  I have dealt with five different submission representatives, and at least five other Xlibris employees in other departments concerning this project.  I am so frustrated with this process in publishing .  My contract started for one price and then a few months later the contract was redone to accomodate my workbook format which costed more.  It is done by credit card and payments are taken monthly.  So they were paid long ago.  (Beware!)  I submitted the almost finished manuscript by request of Xlibris by Kim Oliver for the 1st time in January of 2014.  She handed it off to a Mr. Lloyd Griffith in the Data  Entry service of Xlibris to convert it into an electronic format that would ensure the easiest processing of my book.   Marie Giles had sent me the first electronic data entry draft that resulted from that, by email last February which I attached to an email I sent to Kim.  I guess it got lost. Meanwhile I was sending all the chapters to Kim electronically in Word 2007 because no one could find out where my book or data file was.  It may have been because the contract  ID # changed  from 144169 to 603246 when the contract was renegotiated because, the new submission representatives realized it was a format different than a novel.  I was gathering all my letters of permission for reprints and information I used in the book and sending them electronically to Kim as well as my acknowledgments and thank you for footnotes and such.  I had a set back at the end of March into mid April when my computer hard drive completely crashed.  It took me almost a month to recover the information and all I had was a hard copy of what I had been writing to retype from to complete the book.  I asked for the data entry copy to work from, but no one ever found it.  I set a goal to complete the book to finish by year's end and I finished at the end of November 2014.  I Fed-Exed the FINISHED MANUSCRIPT with all my revisions again to Kim Oliver in its final format  for the 2nd time, on December 1st of 2014.  Again it went to Data Entry, this time for scanning.  Again it was sent back. On my third time I sent it by the US post office overnight express. However, when it was sent back, the dividers were not in place for the chapters.  I thought all the old data copies should have been destroyed or updated  at that point for the new revised and edited version.  Again no one knew where the material was at the beginning of January 2015!  I suggest you check with Lloyd Griffith.  I got an email from him in June 2014 with the data file still under the old contract # as an attachment.  Of course it is not an up to date one, because I sent the final on Dec. 1st, 2014.  But that copy is supposedly data entered somewhere also and hopefully under the correct contract #.  They enclosed no communication when they sent back the final manuscript, which is titled, What Do I Do Now? Tools & Tips to the Healthcare System for the Caregiver.  With each submission representative, I had to explain the project and the way it was contracted to be formatted from the beginning each time.  Even with Kim Oliver I had to explain it more than once.  There seemed to be no notes that were passed from person to the next person handling my case so that they understood or knew where the project stood and how it was being done.  It is clear to me that the departments have a breakdown in communication with each other as well as myself the author.  I do not feel as though they kept their part of the contract at all.  Now they say I can not get my money back to pursue another publisher.  I am not wealthy.  The contract money can only be returned within 90 days.  You can see why I am so Frustrated.  All in all I submitted this book either in hardcopy or electronically by email a total of 5 times.  We have spent over 2 years on this project and we have no first draft for me to review or any marketing or author help that was promised by your programs.  I essentially have been depending on submission representatives and they don't know what the next step is either and have to always research and get back to me, wasting time.  What I need is the name of who I contact to begin the process of cancelling this contract and begin the return of my money.  Please send me the information quickly.  I've waited for my project long enough! Robin Earp
Entity: Internet
May 29 2012
Xlibris Xlibris Publishing They cannot deliver what they promise.. Bloomington,, Indiana
Xlibris is an extraordinary company designed to mislead consumers every step of the way. They are either best run company  (designed to perpetuate fraud) or the worst (criminals). The sales dept. production dept. and marketing dept. are all disconnected from each other...they over promise and under deliver on every facet of the business. BUT...you (the consumer) have plenty of warning signals if you listen to your instincts: 1) They demand full payment upfront.  2) They only take your payment over the phone, not online. 3) They force you to buy pre - packed programs. 4) The staff is totally inexperienced, and il informed. 5) They cannot give you a timeline for production. 6) They cannot tell you when your book will done. 7) They charge for corrections, even though they do not show you a first galley. (So, if they transcribed something wrong, YOU pay for it!). 8) Their hours are till 3pm CST.  9) They are not accessible. 10) They are not nice. They totally lack any kid of professionalism, experience, knowledge.  (NOTE: I was told that they hire only interns and students...I believe it). BUT...if you work with them it is YOUR fault...so don't complain. There are so many other, better, professional (and less expensive) GOOD self publishing companies....go to them...in fact RUN to them!
Entity: Bloomington,, Indiana
22, Report #1019592
Feb 24 2013
Xlibris Coproration Xlibris Corpoation publishing services is a Joke. Bloomington, Indiana
Xlibris Corporation Publishing Services is a Joke. I published a book in 2010. Since that time, I have had nothing but problems receiving my royalties. I was told on several occasions that my claim regarding my royalties is under investigation. This was more than 6 months ago. In addition, I recently received a 1099-T regarding my royalties. The 1099 shows me earning more than twice the amount of royalties I have received. In other words, I would be paying more than twice the amount of taxes on royalties I have never received. I have a different employee call me each time telling me my claim regarding my royalties is under investigation. What a rip-off. I would like to say the same thing someone else said about Xlibris. 'I could write a book on the service I have received from Xlibris.'
Oct 25 2010
Xlibris publishing E-Books royalty of over six months reported on Amazon E-books, but failed to be reported and not paid by Xlibris. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I have just published a book with Xlibris. The book is listed as E-Book. I looked on Amazon e-book, and the book is ranked top 100 paid on Amazon e-book for over  a month. The book is still in good rank on Amazon e-book. The unfortunate thing is that for over nine months since the book has been released, Xlibris has not acknowledge any royalty in myn account on the book. They just keep telling me that they have not recieved any data report from Amazon E-book. I wish if Xlibris would clarify if  the book is really part of the top 100, or part of the numbers of paid books on e-book, or paper back market in Amazon.com. Also, I wish they request Amazon company to clarify the validity of the reported data online, and pay me the required royalty due for this sales rank.
Entity: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Apr 21 2014
Xlibris Publishing Continuation of Charges Should Be Brought Against Xlibris for Practicing Cyberhacking and Cyberinsecurity. Bloomington Indiana
As I spoke of the young man at Xlibris assigned to work with me in producing my book,I forgot to say that after I spent more than four months sending this man emails,more than 200, he denied it. He probably was working with the same group who stole my first manuscript thinking that I would pull another completed book out of my 'hat' while he holds on to my emails which constituted another book.I will be waiting for the both of them to produce my material as far as Israel,but I still will be waiting.I wanted to emphasize the fact that this young man did exactly what the official from Xlibris' Headquaters had done on last year.He continued to asked the names of all of my email sites as we worked. I knew he was plotting. Surely, this young man went to every site and did not just pull certain emails back to him that had his name and that showed our conversations. He removed a whole month in one of my emails. Again, he not only removed emails from my three sites:yahoo,gmail,and gmx,he removed messages that I had forwarded to friends as backup. I am not indicating Cyberinsecurity in an international or broad way, but I believe we must punish our own for this type activity.
Entity: Bloomington, Select State/Province
Jun 25 2013
Xlibris High prices, horrible customer sevice, and they call themselves a publishing Co. Internet
This happend to me last year when i published both my books through xlibris.  When i paid them, they were very nice, called promptly, and printed the 1st book within a month. I was so happy, i thought they would aid in selling, i quickly realized i was on my own.Publishing book2 was much different. Because i was all paid up i wasn't as important, i didn't have the internet at the time and my reps knew. they kept having me look at my corrections even though nothing was changed. The cover took a week and the interior took 3weeks with nothing edited.They stopped calling me i had to call them everyday to check on the book. it was finally finished but, they got the title wrong, and their serviceing sucked at the end. Even though i wasn't ripped off, it feels like i was. My book is 300pages and is $20 i do think the price is fair for a new book. but the price for the author is wrong it's way to high.I still get contacted from them every now and then, new reps asking me of my progress and if i'm going to buy more books soon. A few days ago a rep was trying to convince me not to give up. even though im not. I waited and searched for a publisher for a month and couldn't find anyone good. I didn't want a self publisher but it was all i could find, everything good is off the grid. I didn't know about this site at the time so i couldn't check them out.If your a new author and looking to publish, i know how excited you are to look at that finished title of yours, but my advice is wait. Do it the right way, or don't do it at all. These people know how to talk to you, they sell, they don't care about your dreams or how broke you are. Your just a dollar sign to them.I don't think theres anything anyone can do for me, i just don't want the same thing to happen to anyone else. Good luck and God bless!
Entity: Internet