Report: #519554

• Reliant Energy/Centerpoint
    po box 650457
    dallas, Texas
    United States of America

Reliant Energy/Centerpoint Reliant/CenterPoint Accuses INNOCENT Clients of Stealing Electricity dallas, Texas

*Author of original report: Reliant/CenterPoint Accuses INNOCENT Clients of Stealing Electricity

About a year ago my brother passed away and my parents kept the electricity on at his unoccupied house. For a year my family paid the minimum service fee. Now Reliant/CenterPoint is accusing service address with fraudulent activity. Reliant/CenterPoint back billed the account approximately $2,000 for the year because they think somehow the meter is being circumvented.The same tactic was used by Reliant/CenterPoint on my residence during its renovation. After 3 months of getting the run-a-around my dispute was finally resolved. My dispute just over $2000 was resolved once Reliant/CenterPoint had concluded that indeed I was innocent of the unfounded accusations. I had to prove to them that this was untrue by giving them copies of my gas and water bills.

My parents are being stonewalled by Reliant/CenterPoint and are getting nowhere. It feels almost like they are targeting clients with oblivious Hispanic last names. So far they corrected my brothers light bill and as mentioned they corrected my bill but now my parent are also being accused of the same thing, of tampering and of diversion of electricity.

They will not correct my parents because they say they have evidence. The same evidence they had on the two other residences that they billed and had been vacant. How can Centerpoint charge two accounts and then fix the charge because they messed up and then turn around and stand strong on the same accusation but not correct the billing because the house is in use?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2009 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/reliant-energycenterpoint/dallas-texas-75262/reliant-energycenterpoint-reliantcenterpoint-accuses-innocent-clients-of-stealing-elect-519554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Reliant/CenterPoint Accuses INNOCENT Clients of Stealing Electricity

AUTHOR: S. Delgadillo - (United States of America)

While I understand that there are people who probably wrongfully manipulate their electrical bill, I am wondering if this is a common practice for Reliant/CenterPoint to blackmail its clients based on unfounded suppositions. Bottom line, my parents are having to deal with being called frauds and are being held hostage just because a greedy corporation is trying to create a new revenue stream. My parents are being stonewalled by Reliant/CenterPoint and are getting nowhere. It feels almost like they are targeting clients with oblivious Hispanic last names.

So far they corrected my brothers light bill and as mentioned they corrected my bill but now my parent are also being accused of the same thing, of tampering and of diversion of electricity.  They will not correct my parents because they say they have evidence. The same evidence they had on the two other residences that they billed and had been vacant.