Complaint Review: Rent A Center

• Reported By: RobertP — Attalla Alabama USA
  • Rent A Center

, nationwide
    USA

I rented a 70" tv almost 16 months ago. Made every payment but one and worked that out to be sent to back of payments. Tv purchased new blew up. They replaced with used equip. They have charged me late days and fees even though i pay every month on same day im paid (disabled) today i called to get pay off info. Got three people three diff answers. Was told 2 months ago owed 477.00. Told today over 600 from last idiot. They hound you on the phone even if they know you cant pay till a certain date have sloppy bookkeeping and display an i dont care attitude towards you. I asked to get smaller tv less expensive they come back a month later say no. Theyve wasted my time and sucked up thousands and forced me to cut them loose im done with the headaches.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2015 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rent-a-center/nationwide/rent-a-center-they-steal-and-scam-customers-gadsden-al-1251239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

So it proves my original thought...

AUTHOR: - ()

I did call got directed to district mgr. nice guy listened to what my family and i have gone through here. Roaches in the xbox. Tvs blow up months to replace purchased new item with used. Different people taking your money different ways and their crew taking tv back with ONLY a minor in the house and leaving no paperwork. Said he would find resolution give him "a couple days". That was over a week ago. I have made arrangements now to use other local rental place and spend a few bucks on local newspaper ad to expose this nonsense. In any case u can bet i will cost them in business what they cost me in sloppy bookkeeping and fumigation (no joke) and aggrevation.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

RAC Employee

AUTHOR: RAC Employee - (USA)

Hello, I work for RAC. We certainly don’t want to cause you any headaches, and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give our  Customer Care team a call at 1-800-422-8186, when you get the chance. Thank you.