Complaint Review: Rent a Home, LLC

• Rent a Home, LLC
    1310 SOPHIE BLVD. ORLANDO, FLORIDA 32828
    Longwood, Florida
    United States of America

Rent a Home, LLC Audrey L Be prepared to jump through hoops, they really don't care Longwood, Florida

The first problem occurred when moving in. We payed prorate for the rest of the month, and excitedly turned on our electricity. The only problem was we needed a copy of our signed lease to get the water turned on.

They only cared about getting our money, and despite paying a prorate, wouldn't give us a copy of the signed lease. We called and called, but Audrey just told us the landlord was out of town, too bad for us. Great, it's not like we needed water anyways.

We called when our living room flooded, and Audrey said "Well, what do you want me to do about it?!" (Help us pick up our couch and t.v.???)

Audrey never lets us speak to her manager, and will blatantly tell us no if we ask ("He's too busy.") She'll try to bully you into leaving her alone.

She tried to get us to pay two security deposits, thank god we didn't. Take pictures of everything, and I'd recommend getting them dated and notarized.

To think Audrey was so sweet when we were signing the papers. Now we ask for a form to be emailed, and she'll take over a week. I'll call her a few times a week, asking for the form and she'll say: "I have it on a sticky note, I'll get to it later. I'm working on a very important project." Sometimes she'll add: "Please stop calling me."

Bottom line: Don't trust them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rent-a-home-llc/longwood-florida-/rent-a-home-llc-audrey-l-be-prepared-to-jump-through-hoops-they-really-dont-care-longwo-934294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content