Complaint Review: rentalcars.com

• rentalcars.com

Internet
    United States of America

rentalcars.com Deceptive website -- AVOID!! Internet

The Rentalcars.com website states: "Changes or cancellations?  No problem"  No problem if you don't mind forfeiting their required deposit!

I made a reservation for a car in Spain two months in advance.  Learned two days later that I would need to arrive in a different city, where I would not need the type of car I'd reserved.  Clicked the Cancel link on their website, which informed me that they would keep the $120 deposit they had required, even though they had yet to confirm my rental.

This is the first time I've used them, and certainly the last.  I've used another Priceline company, Booking.com, extensively, and have always had good customer service.  They sure use a different model for car rental.  Avoid these folks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2013 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rentalcarscom/internet/rentalcarscom-deceptive-website-avoid-internet-1037492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content