Complaint Review: Rentalcars.com

• Reported By: Markus — Rochester Michigan USA
  • Rentalcars.com

Internet
    USA

Rentalcars.com priceline.com rentalcars.com fraud, calculated risk, no reach to actual rental car provider Frankfurt, Germany Internet

I reserved a car with Rentalcars.com. Provider should be Dollar Rent a car in Frankfurt, Germany. A Hertz daughter.

I made sure I had my creditcard document that they cover CDW.

Arrived in Frankfurt, Dollar/Hertz made me wait an hour before they were able to give me my car.

After the wait they told me that I have to pay an extra of 40€ per day for insurance, because they do not accept an insurance from my Platimum Master Card or Platinum Visa Cards. Instead they only accept Gold Master or Visa.

I called Rentalcars.com and the lady couldn't resolve it, so she cancelled my contract with Dollar/Hertz and gave me a new reservation with Europcar.

Instead of the original price of 396.23$ I now had to pay 644,83€ - that is almost twice the original price.

After the rental I contacted Rentalcars.com (they refused to deal with it unless the rental is over).

They refunded the first booking of 396.23$ only after I opened a dispute via my creditcard company.

They refused to refund the difference in charges and said it was my fault that I couldn`t provide the correct documents.

In my opinion Rentalcars.com did not use the leverage they should have to the actual rental car companies and in addition they calculate the risk of upset customers to pay more and shut up about it. That way they seem to offer best price, but in fact they charge more than if I had booked with a good rental car company directly instead.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2017 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rentalcarscom/internet/rentalcarscom-pricelinecom-rentalcarscom-fraud-calculated-risk-no-reach-to-actual-re-1388625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content