Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Clearlake Oaks California
Reply Real Estate
12667 Alcosta Blvd., Ste. 200 San Ramon, California U.S.A.

Reply Real Estate Avoid this company! San Ramon California

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I read a few reviews about Reply Real Estate in San Ramon California and was impressed with how all the reviews were bad. I thought after listening to the company sales promotion, how could anyone accomplish that. I decided to do a quick trial to see what would happen. Well to start, I got a call in about 10seconds wanting to know why I inquired to do business with reply. I explained, it was money. I wanted clients. They were so nice I thought they were planning the over throw of the universe, mine. Not natural. So I assumed I was about to be taken for a ride. I explained what I needed was some time to prepare and each time they said I had to start now. I said wait, they said now, wait, now etc. Before I knew it I was on board; Now! I hadn't set my areas of interest yet for sure with the salesman, but he assured me that the details could be worked out. I hung up that conversation and went into confusion about the whole process. They had the money, they were gone? It wasn't lon before leads came in. At that time I called their office and the emailed the salesman and called the account rep and told them I was not going to be able to work leads way out of my immediate area. The first leads were from the extreme south of Lake County. It would take a hundred dollars a day to service a client down there. Then after a week or two they discontinued the south county leads and didn't charge me the $45 dollars for each of them that had come in. After a wait a lead near my location came in but with incorrect address, so the lead was south county again. After that correction process, I got two leads, both looked bad, but they were in the local area. I called one, hello and was hung up on by a young lady after half a dozen words. I tried calling them over a week and half period and could not reach the seller. I called the second local lead and reached her after calling for afew days. She said she was not selling her home. I had been professional in explaining who I was and that she had requested contact about selling her home. She said she hadn't filled out any form like that. I then as a last ditch effort told her I paid some $50, to talk to her, and was there anything I could do for her and she said I should quit any service like that, that charged people for something they didn't do. I said thank you and intended to quit. i called and cancelled today after trying to get credit for those two. The answer from Reply was no, they were bonifide leads. They further said I hadn't contacted returned the leads within the time frame to get credit. I had contacted them but they said to continue to try to contact the prospects. My feeling after this trial is I don't think they are on the up and up. They are very unclear about where the lead came from I'm calling and they dodge that point fervently. I feel personally that it is a money loosing proposition for an agent. The leads are way too expensive and there is too much non-disclosure as to what it is you are actually buying. I have been in buisness fourty years. What's your call. Test them again? They also charge $45 a month, which they will not prorate on cancellation. I could see a person dropping thousands a month for something when they didn't even know what is. I think things like that should have the same disclosure as futures or options. But worse I think it is Nevada style gambling and the customer will always loose.

Tinytim8
Clearlake Oaks, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/reply-real-estate/san-ramon-california-94583/reply-real-estate-avoid-this-company-san-ramon-california-363005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reply Real Estate