Complaint Review: Reservation Counter

• Reported By: Lori — Pocatello Idaho USA
  • Reservation Counter

Internet
    USA

Reservation Counter Charged my credit card before telling me it was non-refundable. Internet

I went to a hotel website to make reservations and thought I was calling the hotel, but got redirected to "reservationcounter".  I was unaware I was talking to a 3rd party, but it was obvious they were probably not in the U.S.  I gave them my address and credit card info, but when he read the terms that this future stay was not refundable, I told him not to proceed with the transaction.  He said it was too late.  He forwarded me to another number, I got put on hold for a long time, then this person said they were contacting the hotel to cancel, but couldn't because there was no manager available for the next 18 hours.

I suspected a scam, and cancelled my credit card.  I called the hotel to alert them of the scam.  The front desk person said they had called him, but was told I wanted a refund on a past stay, not an upcoming one.  I figure this way "reservationcounter" could tell me the "hotel" denied my refund request.  Then they would keep all the money they charged to my card.

Do not hit the telephone icon when on a specific hotel website like I did.  Instead of calling that hotel, you could be automatically redirected to "Reservation counter"!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2017 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/reservation-counter/internet/reservation-counter-charged-my-credit-card-before-telling-me-it-was-non-refundable-inter-1388900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content