Complaint Review: Retriever Towing

1551 NW Quimby Portland Oregon 97229
    Beaverton, Oregon
    United States of America

Retriever Towing fees are outrageous Beaverton, Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Expensive lesson?

Here's my gripe:

I was parked in a no parking zone at my girlfriends condominium complex.  Seems odd to be towed at all from a place where people collectively own the property.  To me it's somewhat similar to having roommates in a house, inviting a friends over to hang out, and one of your roommates has your friends car towed from the drive way.

But here is my biggest gripe - the bill.

Standard Fee - $140
towed 3 miles at $6/mile - $18
Rear dolly - $40
Storage - $40
Gate Fee - $40
Photo Fee - $20
Fuel Supplement - $10
Service call - $15

For a grand total of $323.  I was out to find my car missing just minutes after the tow.  I called the company before they even had my car in the lot.  I had my car out of the lot within 1 and a half hours.

Is this fare?  I don't think so.  Who caps these jack's on their fees?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2012 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/retriever-towing/beaverton-oregon-97006/retriever-towing-fees-are-outrageous-beaverton-oregon-858755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Expensive lesson?

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

I agree that the price for being towed is outrageous. I do not completely agree with the towing company, but at the same time I do not completely disagree.

On the other hand, you admitted to park in the no parking zone. It is obvious and should be punished. I am sorry for you to be punished that hard. I hope you won't park in any no parking zone again. It is against the law. No it is not odd to be towed from a place where you were towed or anywhere. You took a chance and got caught.

Still, it is an expensive lesson and nobody should try to gamble in the similar situation. If there is no parking for your friends to visit you, you should not invite them to come to your place with cars, or you should look for the closest area in the neighbourhood for them to park. Otherwise, you need to go somewhere else to meet. There is no excuse.