Complaint Review: RHP Properties

• Reported By: Peggy — Lake Wales Florida USA
  • RHP Properties

, Florida
    USA

RHP Properties Dirt washing away under home and tree roots caused major damage to my home ,senior citizen, and RHP ignores cries for help. Lake Wales Florida

I am a senior citizen who, until May of 2016, was living alone in my mobile home in the Pedaler's Pond mobile home park that is owned and operated by RHP Properties. In 2013, I had lived there for many years, had served in the Home Owners Association in several capacities, and had always been a rule-abiding member of the community.

In 2013, I realized that tree roots on the lot that I rent in Pedaler's Pond were causing damage to my back patio. I contacted the property manager immediately and requested that she have someone cut down the tree. She indicated that she would look into my claim. Over the next two years, I filed numerous verbal reports and sent emails and letters to both the property manager and RHP Properties - as when they aquired Pedaler's Pond, their reprentatives came to my property and took pictures of the tree roots and the damage they were causing.

In 2015, after a long, detailed letter to RHP Properties, they had the tree removed. Unfortunately, by that time a vast amount of damage had occurred to my home. Additionally, they did not have the roots or the stump removed, only the tree. Again, I called the property manager with my complaint. After a few weeks, the stump was removed but the roots are still a problem.

In addition to the root problem, I discovered that there are holes underneath carport and front porch of my home. After an inspector looked at my home, he discovered that my home was sinking "at an alarming rate" because of improper water drainage on the lot and soft ground underneath and around the home. The sinking was causing my home to separate from the front porch, so I had the home leveled. However, I was told that repairs would be a continuous need until the land issue has been solved. Once again, I contacted the property manager and RHP Properties. To date I have not received a response.

My lot isn't the only lot with these land issues. Other homes around me have experienced and continue to experience damage. Neighbors have dug trenches of their own, trying to deflect the water away from their homes, and driveways have cracked and collapsed on several of the lots around my home. Some of these driveways have been repaired by RHP Properties. However, they have not addressed the larger issue, which is the improper water drainage on this row of lots.

There is much more to this story...after worrying about this situation for so long, I had a mini-stroke in May of this year. My daughter moved me from my mobile home into their home because I am so afraid to stay in my home until the water issued has been resolved and the land has been stabalized. This has been such a dissapointing and heartbreaking situation for me. RHP properties and the property manager at Pedaler's Pond have failed all of us who live in the area that is plagued with water drainage issues. The damage to my home could have been avoided, if only they had been willing to properly care for their property.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2016 03:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rhp-properties/florida/rhp-properties-dirt-washing-away-under-home-and-tree-roots-caused-major-damage-to-my-home-1339347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content