Complaint Review: Rick Branden

• Reported By: John — Jasper Georgia United States of America
  • Rick Branden

Fort Lewis, Washington
    United States of America

Rick Branden Google.vehicle-transactiondepartmen Scammed through Google Checkout Fort Lewis, Washington

I found an Ad for a 416D Loader Backhoe on Google and I also found it in the Craigslist the very same Ad, for the amount of 5,000.00 annd his email address was right on the picture in google. So I emailed him and he notified me as I would have to purchase this item through Google Checkout and he had google checkout links that he sent me.

I went into google checkout off the link and found my  google account and it showed my credit card number so I thought it was safe, the seller mentioned in his emailed that i would have to do a wire to wire transfer from my Bank to his in Hungary so I went in and printed all the documents and went to my bank to do the transfer and they said it would cost 5,025.00 to cover fees and i did.

Then I went back home and the very same loader was for sale on google so i made a fake email account named it sandsgrading@yahoo.com and emailed him to see if this piece of equipment was forsale and he sent all the same google links and everyything for this fake peron i made up to purchase this same item. So then I called the Sheriffs Department and told them it was a scam they put a dtective on it and he said it was not  a scam i should recieve the piece of quipment, I explained to him that the guy was still trying to sale this item and the google links were too, the officer did not believe me, he said it wasn't possible and kept waiting of my peice of equipment, finally several days past with no signs of it showing up, he done further investigation and found that this is a scam and the gooogle link were a scam, but has not seem to do any thing about it. I told him he could probably catch him through the fax number and he replied I will check that out but it has been 4 or 5 days now and no response.

The Bank informed me that ther is nothing they can do, they got thier 35.00 for sending it that is all they are worried about it is not thier money

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rick-branden/fort-lewis-washington-/rick-branden-googlevehicle-transactiondepartmen-scammed-through-google-checkout-fort-lewi-864956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content