Complaint Review: Riddle & Associates, Riddle&Assoc, Riddle And Assoc

• Submitted: Tue, February 23, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 23, 2010
  • Reported By: Sick of the harrassment — West Grove Pennsylvania United States of America
  • Riddle & Associates, Riddle&Assoc, Riddle And Assoc
    PO Box 1187
    Sandy, Utah
    United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

Riddle & Associates, Riddle&Assoc, Riddle And Assoc Law Offices of Wood, Riddle and Associates Unlawful Debt collection practices Sandy, Utah

*Consumer Comment: advise

Please be aware of the company Riddle & Associates!  They are rude, yell and do not listen to you when you are talking.  I have been having the company above call 5 times per day for 3 weeks now asking for my maiden name from 15 years ago and an individual that does not even live here.  When finally getting to speak to a representative, I informed them very politely that they have the wrong number and they need to put our number on the do not call list.  The representative then proceeded to inform me that he was collecting a debt and that I owed $106 dollars to Columbia House DVD.  In all of my 38 years of living, I have never purchased from Columbia house and informed him that he had the wrong person.

He then started yelling at me stating, "Just pay your debt, Just pay your debt, just pay your debt, and kept trying to get my credit card info over the phone!  I then hung up and reported the company to the Utah Attorney General's office.

The worst part of this is that we have no debt and pride ourselved on keeping our credit good.  When you get harrassing calls from a company like this - I can't imagine the folks that actually are struggling to make their monthly bills - they are probably going through a nightmare with these types of calls.  If you get a call from this company, do your research first before you give ANY information to them.

They are listed under about 7 names on Ripoff Report so check all of them.  Good Luck and I hope that the calls stop soon!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2010 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/riddle-associates-riddleassoc-riddle-and-assoc/sandy-utah-84091/riddle-associates-riddleassoc-riddle-and-assoc-law-offices-of-wood-riddle-and-associ-573629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

advise

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

How to stop collection agency harassment for a debt that is not yours:

Youre going to have to find out the name and address of the collection agencies(s) that are calling you. Send the collection agency a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt (do NOT use regular mail) stating:

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, cease all communications with me about this alleged debt. This is not my debt. Receipt of this letter is officially being time stamped via Certified Mail. I will pursue each subsequent phone call from your office with a $1,000 per incident penalty for Fair Debt Collection Practices Act violations
-----------------------------
To speed things up, fax this same letter to the collection agency.

Next time they call, read the following statement:

Pursuant to [your state] state law, this is to inform you that this phone call is being recorded. If you do not consent to being recorded, you need to terminate this call. Pursuant to [your state] state law, continuation of this phone call after officially being informed that it is being recorded implies consent to be recorded. This recording will be used to pursue Fair Debt Collection Practice Act violations in a court of law.