On June 9, 2010, my then five year old daughter was given the WRONG MEDICATION by Rite Aid. She nearly choked to death when she was forced to violently vomit for hours through her strep-swollen throat (we had gone to get antibiotics for her throat, and instead they gave her someone else's medication). One of the medicines will stay in my daughter's system for a number of months if not years. A pediatric cardiologist told me that he had never heard of the drug, so that there' sno way to guess how it will effect a child--it's never been given to one before, that anyone can asess.
ADDITIONALLY, she overheard an attendant say if she'd have gone to sleep she'd have died.So now, she's terrified of sleeping and we have to grind up herbal sleeping meds into her medicine so that my angel can get any rest at all.
Despite dealing with Rite Aid for over a year, and getting reports that fixing this problem will be well over a hundred thousand dollars (NOT to mention time lost from work or the cost of all the co-pays to diagnose and the huge difference this has made in her life), they've simply refused to pay her bills. I presented them with the medical bills which were into six figures; they offered five thousand. When I told them I couldn't pay $150K worth of medical bills with $5K, they told me, "She's a kid. They're resilient. She should bounce back."
When I went on line, I found DOZENS AND DOZENS of open lawsuits against this company about wrongful deaths from medication. They simply don't care.
PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM RITE AID!!!!!