Report: #91831

Complaint Review: Riverside County Child Support Services

  • Submitted: Mon, May 17, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2008
  • Reported By: Riverside California
  • Riverside County Child Support Services
    2041 Iowa Avenue
    Riverside, California

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

After reading a few of your horror stories, I have to input my own. I am a twice divorced mother, and I have had 2 child support orders for my children. My first husband and I got along real well, and he always paid me what he could afford. I never asked for more, because he always shared an equal percent of time with our daughter. When our daughter turned 18, the county forwarded to me a balance due of $35,000.00 and I returned their document stating that my ex-husband owed me nothing, and to close his case, they did.

Now my second husband told the court personally that he would never pay. He has gone from one job to another for 18 years now. I am finally collecting support now that my children are out of school and in college. I have never been given any help in collecting for my children, they even decreased my child support by lieing to me and telling me I was to receive healthcare for my children, I never received either. They have gone out of their way to collect for me. Why? Because I have never been on financial aid. I have always paid for my children by myself. I was responsible, and dependable, and a hard worker. I hope it brushed off on my children, and I hope that they do not run from responsibility as their father has chosen to do.

I requested enforcement on a monthly basis for 18 years, and I was never given the time of day. I have now started my own business helping the non-custodial parent to fight the Riverside DCSS. I have horror stories. Fathers who have paid over $3,000.00 per month for support on children that are 23, and up. I have accountings that charge interest rate at whatever rate they wish, not standard 10%. I have child support orders for one man being charged $2,750.00 for one month and $975.00 for the next month. Can't they see their error? No. They do not care.

I have parents who have lost all of their savings, tax refunds, 50% of wages, homes, not to mention licenses, so that they cannot even drive to work, and earn a living. This is absolutely rediculous. But they don't care they do it. I have seen them reinstate a mans licence after he had not paid one cent in over 3 years, and a man who cannot get his contractors or drivers license returned and he hasn't missed a payment in over 3 years. They have no procedure, they have no accounting method, they have no structure, no responsibility for their wrongs, and they have not right being involved with our children, as our children's best interest is not considered whatsoever by them. They are taking an interest in each case, as it is what pays their wage, therefore, a conflict of interest actually occurs, as they are paid on what the parents are being illegally charged. It is a vicious circle, but it won't stop until we join together and make them accountable for their illegal, fraudulent accounting practices.

If I have a child support order based on presumed income, then it can be modified, but you must do it. If I have a child support order that is for more money than I earn each month, you can modify it, but you have to do it. Don't sit there any longer and complain, do something about, and make them accountable or it will never stop.

Riverside, California
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2004 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is a start

AUTHOR: Gus - ()

 White this lady a letter about your situation

Vicki Turetsky, Commissioner, Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement

Deputy Director/Commissioner, Vicki Turetsky Phone......: 202-401-9369 Fax........: 202-401-5559 E-mail.....: Location...: 370 L'Enfant Promenade, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20447

She kick started things for me.........

Respond to this report!

#2 Consumer Comment

I too have a bad case with Riverside County Child Support

AUTHOR: Candice - (U.S.A.)

I have a child support case with Riverside Child Support I have since 5/2000. These people are horrible! In order to speak to someone you have to write, fax, or e-mail. They do not respond to e-mails. There is like a 3 day wait if you e-mail and like a week wait if you fax or write for your caseworker to call you. You cannot just call in and speak with your caseworker, unfortunately it does not work that way. If child support messes up, oh well they will correct it but in my instance. I went to court the judge set uip a wage garnishment for $426 all of sudden like 3 years later child supports system sends out a new wage garnishment for $250, no notice to me, I never went to court. Currently, I am waiting for a phone call back while they research and for the most part storm up a ridiculous answer for me. My bottom line they have no authority without my permission and the judges signature to change this amount, I will fight this to the end.
Respond to this report!

#3 Consumer Comment

You are Right - They do NOTHING!

AUTHOR: Jean - (U.S.A.)

I have a child support order that has been in Riverside County Child Support for over a year - My ex never paid anything! They have not taken his driver's license or gone after his Architect License. He works but left me with bills, back taxes and no support! Filing with the county has done nothing. If thry can't help, they should not be given tax dollars to stay in business. Maybe if they were threatened with having their money pulled - they might work a little harder?
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.