Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding, Fingerhut

• Reported By: Birmingham Alabama
  • RJM Acquisitions Funding, Fingerhut
    575 Underhill Blvd, Suite 224
    Syosset, New York

RJM Acquisitions Funding Fingerhut Ripoff Fraudulent Bill for Old Account that I never had Syosset New York

I received a notice from RJM Acquisitions on March 28, 2005 stating: "We are your new creditor", and that I owed them $177.14 for a debt that had not been paid on since January 20, 1998.

When I called the 800 number, they told me that it was for an electric blanket bought for $129 and sent to a California address. (I live in Alabama and have NEVER lived in California.)

I immediately bought a copy of my credit report (TransUnion because the man told me their account would not show up on an Experian report - he didn't tell me why!). I did have an old Fingerhut account, but it wasn't opened until 1999 and it was closed - SATISFACTORILY - in 2001. Also on my report, I saw where this company (RJM) had requested a copy of my report earlier this month.

I contacted RJM again with my report in hand and told them I refused to pay - that the account was not valid, and he told me that everything was taken care of and my account was closed.

Bottom line - DON'T PAY THESE PEOPLE ANYTHING without first checking into it!!! They appear to be crooks with access to credit reports.

Jenny
Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2005 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rjm-acquisitions-funding-fingerhut/syosset-new-york-11791-3416/rjm-acquisitions-funding-fingerhut-ripoff-fraudulent-bill-for-old-account-that-i-never-had-136904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content