Complaint Review: Rjm Acquisitions Funding

• Reported By: detroit Michigan
  • Rjm Acquisitions Funding
    575 Underhill Blvd
    Syosset, New York

RJM Acquisitions - Fingerhut collecting on an account in 2005 which was already paid off from 1996 ripoff Syosset New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Certified Letter

Hello and maybe someone can help me out. I just received a letter from a collection company called RJM ACQUISITIONS FUNDING LLC, collecting on a paid debt for fingurhut from 1996. When I spoke to the first rep who told me that they would have to get with fingerhut and request proof of this debt being not paid. She stated the last payment I made was in january of 1996. Then I asked her how come they inquired on my credit report three times within 1 month and she placed me on hold again.

Now comes the second rep. who now tells me if I send them copies of the cancelled checks or and any information I have. I told her you are the ones collecting you provide me with all of the information you have showing how this is a valid debt and how you were able to confirm this debt with fingerhut.

The rep then tells me "sir fingerhut does not exist anymore" I said your rep told me your company would have to verify the information which you would then foward to me. Then I was advised that they don't have to verify the information and that this would be considered a valid debt and is up to me to pay it.

You know its taking me 5 years to get my credit descent and know if I can't find a copy of this check after moving 3 times and two different banks I will have to repay this debt? this is just not right. I don't have a problem paying for by bils but not for something already paid for. If anyone has any idea or advise let me know.

Luis
detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2005 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rjm-acquisitions-funding/syosset-new-york-11791-3416/rjm-acquisitions-fingerhut-collecting-on-an-account-in-2005-which-was-already-paid-off-f-163048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Certified Letter

AUTHOR: Jenifer - (U.S.A.)

Immediately send them a certified letter demanding they verify and prove the debt. No, it is NOT your responsibility to pay it unless they can prove that you still owe it!!! Scare tactics...and FYI, sounds like it is over the statute of limitations to collect on anyway...I know here in Oregon, the statute is something like 7 or 8 years...check the limits for your state---they may not even be able to legally collect on it...
They tried to come after me 3 years ago as well for a Fingerhut account---I ignored them, and haven't heard from them since.
Good luck!