ED Magedson – Founder
Roberts Roofing Service, Inc2311 SE 182nd Ave, Portland, Oregon United States of America
1) Roof is leaking all along the south end of house where carport is attached.
2) Remove added flashing and silicon on roof and repair problem properly including the nailing used to install the added flashing material, by manufacturer suggestions.
3) Repair and replace exposed soffits as needed from protruding nails around entire house.
4) Entry way Soffits not measured and cut properly with new plywood added by Roberts Roofing.
5) New carport roof material requires being melted/torched there are some loose areas not melted.
6) Roof above master bedroom has a noticeable dip, requested to have this taken care of at time of estimate still has the dip.
7) New fascia board was replaced on both ends of the house, the fascia board was short obvious pieces were added on and its still not long enough!
8) I expect to have new fascia board installed at proper length with no added pieces same as original. Fascia board must be measured properly, at no extra cost to me as it was included in the contract. Roberts Roofing will supply the new proper length of fascia board, I will paint prior to install.
Note: At time of first meeting with Robert Swain owner of Roberts Roofing I had expressed my
concerns about the carport brackets, outdoor antennas, woodstove chimney and the dip above master bedroom. I requested all fascia boards to be replaced on west and east ends of the house.
Robert Swain convinced me there would be no problems with my concerns mentioned above at time of estimate. There was an additional cost invoice added to the estimate for added materials, plywood, etc,
the contract proposal was for the amount of $7,160.00, the added amendment brought the total to $7,804.00 which was paid in full at time of roof completion.
I added on the contract proposal amendment stating: Warranty for roof applies to wood stove chimney, all brackets from carport and both roof mounted antennas, all to be included with labor warranty. Oscar Torres I believe was the lead of Roberts Roofing work crew. Oscar printed his name and signed the Contract Proposal Amendment agreeing with my amendment as a representative of Roberts Roofing.
Attempts for Warranty Concerns
I have made several phone calls since installation, many of which were ignored with no
Return calls for my roof leaking. After many attempts you sent someone here, not sure what that person did? Then after several more phone calls a few weeks later, you sent some of the crew. They installed flashing material and Silicon to divert the water around the mounting brackets used for the carport roof, which didnt work. I dont believe this was any type of a professional fix, also with the flashing it would catch a lot of debris which would require being on the roof frequently. I had professional painters come out after the roof was installed. The flashing looks very tacky, I told the lead person of Roberts roofing that I didnt like their idea of a fix, it wasnt right and looked very ugly, and it will catch a lot of debris which will require me to be on the roof frequently to clean. All of the exposed soffits have nails protruding through the exposed soffits around the entire house. Prior to Roberts Roofing there were never any nails protruding! Robert Swain left a voice message stating The carport roof needs to be lifted before it can be repaired! This was not in the contract nor discussed at any given time. Roberts Roofing created a leak after installing the new roof, and is refusing to honor their 10 year Warranty. If Roberts Roofing couldnt take care of problem this should have been noted or addressed on the original contract. Oscar Torres was representing Roberts Roofing when he required my signature for the original amendment, which I added to the Amendment about the Warranty concerns before I signed and had Oscar print his name and sign document!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2010 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/roberts-roofing-service-inc/portland-oregon-97233/roberts-roofing-service-inc-robert-swaine-owner-1-layer-tear-off-no-leaks-prior-cause-603875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.