Complaint Review: Rooms To Go

• Rooms To Go
    707 NW Loop 410
    San Antonio, Texas
    United States of America

Four years ago we bought a Living Room set at Rooms To go and they claimed they were leather. At four years the living room started to crack and peel all over. I went back to Rooms To Go and the salesman said that the living room set was Chinese leather. He said I should have bought the protection kit they sell. When we bought the living room set nothing was mentioned about the protection kit they sell. My wife went to an upholstery shop and said that the leather they sold was not real.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rooms-to-go/san-antonio-texas-78216/rooms-to-go-rooms-to-go-sold-me-leather-living-room-set-and-after-4-years-they-are-rottin-968302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

3Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Rooms To Go Response

AUTHOR: TellUsRTG - ()

We apologize for the disappointment caused by
your leather set. While Rooms To Go warrants new orders for one year, we certainly
expect it to last longer. If you could email us pictures along with order
information to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com
including Attention Ripoff Report in the subject; we would be happy to look
further into your account.

Photos and Order Number

Order number 2293545

Here are the photos

Photos and Order Number

AUTHOR: LeoC - (United States of America)

Here are the photos of the sofa. Order number 2293545. As you can see sofa is peeling and cracking all over the place. Real leather does not do that. I will also email directly to you.

Will Post Photos Later

AUTHOR: LeoC - (United States of America)

I will email you the photos and the invoice details later today. I will also post the photos here as well so everybody can see. Real leather does not peel. This is my second set of leather seats and I also had a vinyl set previously. My vinyl set was even more durable than this.

Rooms To Go

AUTHOR: David_RTG - (USA)

Rooms To Go provides a one year warranty for all new purchases.  From the information that you provided, it does sound like the warranty period has expired.  But if you can send us an email to tellus@roomstogo.com with your order information and pictures of the set, we would love to see what is going on and if there may be any options available for you.